Remember me
▼ Content

Linux is dead on the desktop, so do not even waste your time considering it

Linux is dead on the desktop, so do not even waste your time considering it24-07-2023 14:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
https://www.pcworld.com/article/469355/why_linux_on_the_desktop_is_dead.html

NET WORK
By Tony Bradley, PCWorld MAR 24, 2012 9:35 AM PDT
Linux is awesome. It's a powerful, capable, flexible operating system with tremendous potential. But, it's never going to be a factor on the desktop, so don't even waste your time considering it.

I spent a month experiencing Linux as a desktop OS. What I learned from the 30 Days With Ubuntu Linux experiment is that Linux is, in fact, capable of being a desktop OS. But, the whole 30 days felt like I was swimming upstream–constantly tinkering and finding workarounds to get everyday tasks done. Using Linux as a replacement for Windows takes more effort than it's worth, and in the end I was still left with a poor substitute lacking tools I rely on like Microsoft Office, or native syncing for my iPhone and iPad.

Granted, there is much more to Linux than just Ubuntu (and many would argue Ubuntu is a poor ambassador for Linux in the first place), and Linux is not entirely to blame. Microsoft or Apple could certainly step up and make products available and that would solve the problem to an extent. But, they haven't, and they won't because Linux is not a big enough player in the desktop market to warrant the attention.

Not that the idiots running linux and making big poopy, wiping and flushing will ever know

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
24-07-2023 20:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
A 2012 OP-ED the best you could find? 11 years is a long time for tech development. How many versions of Windows, or IOS were released in the same time span?
24-07-2023 22:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
A 2012 OP-ED the best you could find? 11 years is a long time for tech development. How many versions of Windows, or IOS were released in the same time span?

He doesn't realize how much he depends on Linux to run Windows and access this site, or the huge number of desktops running Linux!

A typical luser.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 24-07-2023 22:14
25-07-2023 00:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:

https://medium.com/@alexeynovikov_89393/linux-on-desktop-still-sucks-60e263f77745

Linux on Desktop still sucks

Apr 20 2023

Unfortunately desktop linux is a unique set of horribly bad engineering solutions. So bad that I wouldn't be surprised if the top distributions get paid by Microsoft and Apple.

I'm constantly talking shit about Android and saying that it's written by freshmen, but compared to the linux desktop android's crooked-ass design is awesome.

Think about it, for example bucket has such a thing as universal package format — apk. Think about it, I can download apk from store, directly from the developer, or even a Ivan-set from 4pda. And it will be installed on any crooked custom device, on the whole rewritten inside stock from samsung, or even on a mutant from xaomi. What technology has come to in 2023, huh?

What do we have in linux? Mmm, .deb, rpm, appimage, snap, flatpak... One distro works one way, another works another way, a bunch of package formats and all in their own shitty way. No, seriously, talking about how to just install a program in the OS, in the case of linux it's a collection of anecdotes. It wouldn't sound so funny if linux was a bolgenos type of thing and not a serious os for programmers.

Yawning

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

25-07-2023 22:38
(21600)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

https://medium.com/@alexeynovikov_89393/linux-on-desktop-still-sucks-60e263f77745

Linux on Desktop still sucks

Is that why it's the predominant system used for cloud, websites, and is used for creating most every popular computer language, and is the core of popular video game consoles and phones? Developers everywhere are using Linux on their desktops to develop these!
Swan wrote:
Apr 20 2023

Unfortunately desktop linux is a unique set of horribly bad engineering solutions.

Subjective opinion.
Swan wrote:
So bad that I wouldn't be surprised if the top distributions get paid by Microsoft and Apple.

They are not.
Swan wrote:
I'm constantly talking shit about Android and saying that it's written by freshmen, but compared to the linux desktop android's crooked-ass design is awesome.

Android IS linux, dope. Apple phones and Apple desktops are also Unix (an older version).
Swan wrote:
Think about it, for example bucket has such a thing as universal package format — apk.
Think about it, I can download apk from store, directly from the developer, or even a Ivan-set from 4pda. And it will be installed on any crooked custom device, on the whole rewritten inside stock from samsung, or even on a mutant from xaomi. What technology has come to in 2023, huh?

APK is a package manager. Apps and packages come from anywhere.
Swan wrote:
What do we have in linux? Mmm, .deb, rpm, appimage, snap, flatpak... One distro works one way, another works another way, a bunch of package formats and all in their own shitty way.

Each distribution family does have their own packaging method. Of the public distributions, the Debian Package format (.deb files) are easiest to handle. They use standard commands to build, maintain, and extract for installation (ar and tar).

Microsoft Windows has used several package managers, including Cabinet files, zip files, and Microsoft's own current package manager (which they don't even name anymore). Microsoft's package manager automatically runs and will restart your machine when it feels like it, whether you want it to or not. It's also very slow and bulky. ALL of the Linux package managers beat Windows by far.

Swan wrote:
No, seriously, talking about how to just install a program in the OS, in the case of linux it's a collection of anecdotes.

Nope. It's a standard command (which apparently you never learned). Ubuntu uses the .deb package manager. Like other Linux distributions, it will not install ANYTHING until you specifically tell it to.
Swan wrote:
It wouldn't sound so funny if linux was a bolgenos type of thing and not a serious os for programmers.

It is a serious OS for programmers, and much of what is developed for the cloud, or for kiosks, phones and their cell towers, or for industrial equipment, or home appliances, or numerous other devices (including your car!) are all written using Linux as the OS.

You're just an ingrate.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-07-2023 02:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
https://felipec.wordpress.com/2023/03/04/one-decade-later-gnome-still-sucks/

One decade later, GNOME still sucks
MARCH 4, 2023 / FELIPEC
It has been more than a decade of GNOME 3's initial release and GNOME still sucks. Two of my most popular posts have been about GNOME 3 (#3 and #5), and in 2023 people still keep referencing them. GNOME 3 is still discussed today as a major blunder, similar to what happened with New Coke, and the complaints still remain as valid as before.

In 2007 GNOME was the undisputed king of the Linux desktop, with 60% of installations having GNOME (according to Debian statistics), since then GNOME has continued to decline, and other desktop environments like KDE continued to increase. It is safe to say GNOME will never be as popular as it once was, and it has only GNOME to blame.

The mistakes made launching GNOME 3 are numerous, but they can all be summarized in one: the complete and utter disregard of the needs of their users. It seems pretty clear GNOME developers do not understand what the purpose of GNOME even is–or the purpose of all software for that matter: to be useful to the users.

GNOME developers have always had a disdain for their geek users, and have always desired more normie users, like Apple has. That's why GNOME shell has always been a macOS copycat. The GNOME project even had the delusional objective of gaining 10% of the global desktop market share by by 2010: 10×10.

In the pursuit of this delusional goal of attracting more normie users, they threw under the bus their existing geek users. Superficially the goal made sense, since there's many more normie users, but unfortunately for GNOME: normie users don't care about Linux.

By the time GNOME developers could realize their mistake, it was too late: several forks of GNOME had been already been created, and other GNOME-like environments were created, the users who left were never going to come back: the trust had been broken. Not that it would matter, because GNOME developers never accept their mistakes.

This is why you don't stab your users in the back.

New nonsense
If I tried to list the number of mistakes, this post would become a book, but I want to explore one at dept: the alt-tab behavior nonsense.

The GNOME project listed a bunch of references to justify their redesign, but it's clear that they didn't even read them. One related to workspaces was titled: Rooms: the use of multiple virtual workspaces to reduce space contention in a window-based graphical user interface. If the title doesn't give the purpose away, here's a sentence in the abstract:

Rooms is a window manager that overcomes small screen size by exploiting the statistics of window access, dividing the user's workspace into a suite of virtual workspaces with transitions among them.

The purpose of workspaces is to divide windows, this should be obvious, but if it wasn't obvious, this paper explained the reasons why in detail.

GNOME developers did the opposite of what their own reference suggested: they made alt-tab cycle through all the windows without any separation.

Not only did the new behavior go against their own references, it was different from macOS's behavior, Windows' behavior, every other Linux window manager, GNOME 2, but more importantly... common sense.

If they just made a mistake it would be understandable, they could just fix it, but they refused to accept it was a mistake. I debated this point with GNOME developers, and they all denied it was a problem.

Yawn, all one needs to say is linux sucks

ULTRA MAGA

26-07-2023 20:22
(21600)
Swan wrote:

MARCH 4, 2023 / FELIPEC
It has been more than a decade of GNOME 3's initial release and GNOME still sucks. Two of my most popular posts have been about GNOME 3 (#3 and #5), and in 2023 people still keep referencing them.

You have never posted about Gnome, liar.
Swan wrote:
GNOME 3 is still discussed today as a major blunder, similar to what happened with New Coke, and the complaints still remain as valid as before.

No, it isn't.
Swan wrote:
In 2007 GNOME was the undisputed king of the Linux desktop,

No, it isn't.
Swan wrote:
with 60% of installations having GNOME (according to Debian statistics),

Argument from randU fallacy. Debian doesn't keep such statistics.
Swan wrote:
since then GNOME has continued to decline,

No, it hasn't.
Swan wrote:
and other desktop environments like KDE continued to increase.

No, it hasn't.
Swan wrote:
It is safe to say GNOME will never be as popular as it once was, and it has only GNOME to blame.

Both Gnome and KDE are used just as always. Nothing's changed.
Swan wrote:
The mistakes made launching GNOME 3 are numerous, but they can all be summarized in one: the complete and utter disregard of the needs of their users. It seems pretty clear GNOME developers do not understand what the purpose of GNOME even is–or the purpose of all software for that matter: to be useful to the users.

Not a mistake and never was considered a mistake.
Swan wrote:
GNOME developers have always had a disdain for their geek users, and have always desired more normie users, like Apple has. That's why GNOME shell has always been a macOS copycat. The GNOME project even had the delusional objective of gaining 10% of the global desktop market share by by 2010: 10×10.

You don't get to define a 'normie user', luser.
Swan wrote:
In the pursuit of this delusional goal of attracting more normie users, they threw under the bus their existing geek users. Superficially the goal made sense, since there's many more normie users, but unfortunately for GNOME: normie users don't care about Linux.

You don't get to define 'normie users', luser.
Swan wrote:
By the time GNOME developers could realize their mistake, it was too late: several forks of GNOME had been already been created, and other GNOME-like environments were created, the users who left were never going to come back: the trust had been broken. Not that it would matter, because GNOME developers never accept their mistakes.

There is no mistake. There are no forks of Gnome.
Swan wrote:

New nonsense
If I tried to list the number of mistakes, this post would become a book, but I want to explore one at dept: the alt-tab behavior nonsense.

The GNOME project listed a bunch of references to justify their redesign, but it's clear that they didn't even read them. One related to workspaces was titled: Rooms: the use of multiple virtual workspaces to reduce space contention in a window-based graphical user interface. If the title doesn't give the purpose away, here's a sentence in the abstract:

Gnome doesn't have rooms.
Swan wrote:
Rooms is a window manager that overcomes small screen size by exploiting the statistics of window access, dividing the user's workspace into a suite of virtual workspaces with transitions among them.

No statistical math is used.
Swan wrote:
The purpose of workspaces is to divide windows, this should be obvious, but if it wasn't obvious, this paper explained the reasons why in detail.

Fake 'paper'.
Swan wrote:
GNOME developers did the opposite of what their own reference suggested: they made alt-tab cycle through all the windows without any separation.

You don't like cycling through your windows? Did you Windows has a similar shortcut key?
Swan wrote:
Not only did the new behavior go against their own references, it was different from macOS's behavior, Windows' behavior, every other Linux window manager, GNOME 2, but more importantly... common sense.

Gnome is not a Linux window manager. Linux has no window managers. It doesn't need them.
Swan wrote:
If they just made a mistake it would be understandable, they could just fix it, but they refused to accept it was a mistake. I debated this point with GNOME developers, and they all denied it was a problem.

You never talked to any Gnome developer, liar.
Swan wrote:

You are still trying to trash Linux, luser, an system that you are using at this moment.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2023 03:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)

MARCH 4, 2023 / FELIPEC
It has been more than a decade of GNOME 3's initial release and GNOME still sucks. Two of my most popular posts have been about GNOME 3 (#3 and #5), and in 2023 people still keep referencing them. GNOME 3 is still discussed today as a major blunder, similar to what happened with New Coke, and the complaints still remain as valid as before.

In 2007 GNOME was the undisputed king of the Linux desktop, with 60% of installations having GNOME (according to Debian statistics), since then GNOME has continued to decline, and other desktop environments like KDE continued to increase. It is safe to say GNOME will never be as popular as it once was, and it has only GNOME to blame.

New nonsense

ULTRA MAGA

27-07-2023 04:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

MARCH 4, 2023 / FELIPEC
It has been more than a decade of GNOME 3's initial release and GNOME still sucks. Two of my most popular posts have been about GNOME 3 (#3 and #5), and in 2023 people still keep referencing them.

You have never posted about Gnome, liar.
Swan wrote:
GNOME 3 is still discussed today as a major blunder, similar to what happened with New Coke, and the complaints still remain as valid as before.

No, it isn't.
Swan wrote:
In 2007 GNOME was the undisputed king of the Linux desktop,

No, it isn't.
Swan wrote:
with 60% of installations having GNOME (according to Debian statistics),

Argument from randU fallacy. Debian doesn't keep such statistics.
Swan wrote:
since then GNOME has continued to decline,

No, it hasn't.
Swan wrote:
and other desktop environments like KDE continued to increase.

No, it hasn't.
Swan wrote:
It is safe to say GNOME will never be as popular as it once was, and it has only GNOME to blame.

Both Gnome and KDE are used just as always. Nothing's changed.
Swan wrote:

Not a mistake and never was considered a mistake.
Swan wrote:

You don't get to define a 'normie user', luser.
Swan wrote:

You don't get to define 'normie users', luser.
Swan wrote:

There is no mistake. There are no forks of Gnome.
Swan wrote:

New nonsense

Gnome doesn't have rooms.
Swan wrote:

No statistical math is used.
Swan wrote:

Fake 'paper'.
Swan wrote:

You don't like cycling through your windows? Did you Windows has a similar shortcut key?
Swan wrote:

Gnome is not a Linux window manager. Linux has no window managers. It doesn't need them.
Swan wrote:

You never talked to any Gnome developer, liar.
Swan wrote:

You are still trying to trash Linux, luser, an system that you are using at this moment.

Linus Torvalds on why desktop Linux sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzl1B7nB9Kc

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Straight from the mouth of a wannabee

ULTRA MAGA

27-07-2023 08:22
(5197)
Think you are confusing user interface, with operating system. Before Windows, we had MS-DOS. Which was a little tough to get into for most people. Couple dozen commands, some with dozens of parameters. The command line syntax... With limited memory and drive space, you only had to load what was needed for an application. To make it easier, you created a Batch file, which was like a custom made command, and could be shared with others. To make using DOS easier, people started making Shells as an alternative to the command line interface. Some sucked, didn't really help all that much, since you still had to provide the parameters. Suppose it was better than remembering which parameters are needed, in which order... Windows is a user interface. Graphical User Interface to be more precise. Which seems to be your issue with Linux. You bought Windows, because the marketing hype, and well, because you needed it to run a lot of software titles. I didn't buy Windows, until the software I wanted to use, was no longer released in MS-DOS versions. Windows consumes a lot of resources. Linux is command line, but you can install which ever user interface you want, even write your own. Yeah, a lot of them probably 'suck', compared to what you already learned (Windows). It's a different environment, takes time to learn. You don't like parts of it, it sucks, and you install something that you hope is better. No marketing hype, or being trapped into using it anyway. You have options, and most people explore more, than settle in and learn the tools. Really comes down to preferences. If the operating system and user interface is the most import thing you use on the computer. Dedicate the most resources on your machine to it. Linux allows you to minimize how much operating system is loaded, leaving the application to use most of your computer's resources.

Of course for you, surfing gay porn doesn't require much system resources, so in doesn't matter. Working with 3D models, video editing, graphics, you'd want more resources available.
27-07-2023 10:57
(21600)
Swan wrote:
One decade ...
40a.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2023 11:00
(21600)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
[quote]Swan wrote:
One decade...
40a.
Linus Torvalds on why desktop Linux sucks

The kernel is not a desktop.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2023 14:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Think you are confusing user interface, with operating system. Before Windows, we had MS-DOS. Which was a little tough to get into for most people. Couple dozen commands, some with dozens of parameters. The command line syntax... With limited memory and drive space, you only had to load what was needed for an application. To make it easier, you created a Batch file, which was like a custom made command, and could be shared with others. To make using DOS easier, people started making Shells as an alternative to the command line interface. Some sucked, didn't really help all that much, since you still had to provide the parameters. Suppose it was better than remembering which parameters are needed, in which order... Windows is a user interface. Graphical User Interface to be more precise. Which seems to be your issue with Linux. You bought Windows, because the marketing hype, and well, because you needed it to run a lot of software titles. I didn't buy Windows, until the software I wanted to use, was no longer released in MS-DOS versions. Windows consumes a lot of resources. Linux is command line, but you can install which ever user interface you want, even write your own. Yeah, a lot of them probably 'suck', compared to what you already learned (Windows). It's a different environment, takes time to learn. You don't like parts of it, it sucks, and you install something that you hope is better. No marketing hype, or being trapped into using it anyway. You have options, and most people explore more, than settle in and learn the tools. Really comes down to preferences. If the operating system and user interface is the most import thing you use on the computer. Dedicate the most resources on your machine to it. Linux allows you to minimize how much operating system is loaded, leaving the application to use most of your computer's resources.

Of course for you, surfing gay porn doesn't require much system resources, so in doesn't matter. Working with 3D models, video editing, graphics, you'd want more resources available.

Actually I use windows because I do not have the time to write software drivers for a krappy operating system like linex. I was literally told by ubuntu that linex did not support state of the art HP printers. The turds using linex have massively underpowered computers that make them happy only because they feel some sense of superiority by not using win. That said my son uses linex to run the radio room of the nuclear attack submarine that he is assigned to. So if the Navy ever hires me to oversee a nuclear sub, I might just have to learn linex. That said this is not in my foreseeable future.

You may now continue fingerpainting

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 27-07-2023 14:14
28-07-2023 00:26
(21600)
Swan wrote:
Actually I use windows because I do not have the time to write software drivers for a krappy operating system like linex.

There is no operating system called 'linex'.
Swan wrote:
I was literally told by ubuntu that linex did not support state of the art HP printers.

Ubuntu is a variant (barely) of linux. There is no operating system called 'linex'.
Linux does support most state of the art HP printers.
Swan wrote:
The turds using linex have massively underpowered computers that make them happy only because they feel some sense of superiority by not using win.

I can run Linux on anything from a Rasberry PI to the latest AMD threadripper processors.
Every one of them superior to Windows.
Swan wrote:
That said my son uses linex to run the radio room of the nuclear attack submarine that he is assigned to.

Swan wrote:
So if the Navy ever hires me to oversee a nuclear sub, I might just have to learn linex. That said this is not in my foreseeable future.

The Navy won't let you near a nuclear sub.

The Parrot Killer

28-07-2023 03:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Actually I use windows because I do not have the time to write software drivers for a krappy operating system like linex.

Swan wrote:
I was literally told by ubuntu that linex did not support state of the art HP printers.

Ubuntu is a variant (barely) of linux. There is no operating system called 'linex'.
Swan wrote:
The turds using linex have massively underpowered computers that make them happy only because they feel some sense of superiority by not using win.

I can run Linux on anything from a Rasberry PI to the latest AMD threadripper processors.
Swan wrote:
That said my son uses linex to run the radio room of the nuclear attack submarine that he is assigned to.

Swan wrote:
So if the Navy ever hires me to oversee a nuclear sub, I might just have to learn linex. That said this is not in my foreseeable future.

Well the mental midget strikes again, as according to red hat linux is an operating system

What is Linux?

Overview
Linux® is an open source operating system (OS). An operating system is the software that directly manages a system's hardware and resources, like CPU, memory, and storage. The OS sits between applications and hardware and makes the connections between all of your software and the physical resources that do the work.

https://www.redhat.com/en/topics/linux/what-is-linux#:~:text=Linux%C2%AE%20is%20an%20open,resources%20that%20do%20the%20work.

Watched torpedoes being loaded at pier 31 on a nuclear attack sub at the largest submarine base in the World, they actually moved it with a forklift, then lifted it with a crane, and my son has a commendation from the secretary of the navy. I could tell you what for, but then I would have to...........Well you know the line.

You may now resume painting by the numbers.

And make sure the potatos are all peeled on time

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 28-07-2023 03:27
28-07-2023 20:27
(21600)
Swan wrote:
Well the ...
40a.

The Parrot Killer

28-07-2023 22:30
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Well the ...
40a.

Is that the best you have?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ULTRA MAGA

29-07-2023 04:48
(5197)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Well the mental midget strikes again, as according to red hat linux is an operating system

What is Linux?

Overview
Linux® is an open source operating system (OS). An operating system is the software that directly manages a system's hardware and resources, like CPU, memory, and storage. The OS sits between applications and hardware and makes the connections between all of your software and the physical resources that do the work.

https://www.redhat.com/en/topics/linux/what-is-linux#:~:text=Linux%C2%AE%20is%20an%20open,resources%20that%20do%20the%20work.

Watched torpedoes being loaded at pier 31 on a nuclear attack sub at the largest submarine base in the World, they actually moved it with a forklift, then lifted it with a crane, and my son has a commendation from the secretary of the navy. I could tell you what for, but then I would have to...........Well you know the line.

So, now you know what an OS actually does... The difference is that Linux is the basic core, bare minimum needed. The user can choose what to add on to it, for their specific needs. Windows comes pre-loaded with a lot of crap you don't need, most will never ever use. Takes of drive space, physical memory, and CPU cycles. All to support any potential need, of any, and every user, all the time. Doesn't matter if it's you home computer, or you are running an office off it, you get the same crap by default. Some can be removed, but it's a tangle mess, and you take risks screw something up, you might actually need. Most users don't really give a crap about the hardware, or OS. What's important is the software applications they actually use to do work.

You probably never used any resource hungry software, and never had to wait more than a few seconds.
29-07-2023 14:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is Linux?

Overview

So, now you know what an OS actually does... The difference is that Linux is the basic core, bare minimum needed. The user can choose what to add on to it, for their specific needs. Windows comes pre-loaded with a lot of crap you don't need, most will never ever use. Takes of drive space, physical memory, and CPU cycles. All to support any potential need, of any, and every user, all the time. Doesn't matter if it's you home computer, or you are running an office off it, you get the same crap by default. Some can be removed, but it's a tangle mess, and you take risks screw something up, you might actually need. Most users don't really give a crap about the hardware, or OS. What's important is the software applications they actually use to do work.

You probably never used any resource hungry software, and never had to wait more than a few seconds.

Wrong because ubuntu told me directly that I could not choose to add HP printer support unless I wrote the driver myself, then they banned me for embarrassing them shitless. So I ran partition magic and formatted linux away.

Thank you, thank you very much

ULTRA MAGA

29-07-2023 16:45
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is Linux?

Overview

Wrong because ubuntu told me directly that I could not choose to add HP printer support unless I wrote the driver myself, then they banned me for embarrassing them shitless. So I ran partition magic and formatted linux away.

Wrong, Ubuntu is only one of many user interfaces for Linux. You just grabbed the first one that popped on Google. You didn't look to see if it was what you needed. Of course, you are clueless about what you need, only you childish wants.

You got banned because you whine like a neglected child. You've probably have gotten banned on a lot of sites, probably most every site. Most don't permanently ban, unless you are repeatedly obnoxious, and don't learn from your 'time-out' periods. We have no moderation here, or you would have been banned in just a few posts... You didn't need partition magic, well maybe you, but everyone else would have used the command line in Windows, and MS-DOS... Doesn't matter what was previously on the disk, since Format talks to the drive controller, and overwrites the previous content.

But, continue on your journey to becoming a drooling moron, like Joe Biden, as that dementia sets in. There are treatments to slow, or stop you from getting worse, but not reverse the damage already done to your tiny brain. Personally, I think you are F.B.R., and headed to the nursing home in a few years. Where you will enjoy your last 1-5 years babbling like a 4 year old.
29-07-2023 17:43
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is Linux?

Overview

Wrong, Ubuntu is only one of many user interfaces for Linux. You just grabbed the first one that popped on Google. You didn't look to see if it was what you needed. Of course, you are clueless about what you need, only you childish wants.

You got banned because you whine like a neglected child. You've probably have gotten banned on a lot of sites, probably most every site. Most don't permanently ban, unless you are repeatedly obnoxious, and don't learn from your 'time-out' periods. We have no moderation here, or you would have been banned in just a few posts... You didn't need partition magic, well maybe you, but everyone else would have used the command line in Windows, and MS-DOS... Doesn't matter what was previously on the disk, since Format talks to the drive controller, and overwrites the previous content.

But, continue on your journey to becoming a drooling moron, like Joe Biden, as that dementia sets in. There are treatments to slow, or stop you from getting worse, but not reverse the damage already done to your tiny brain. Personally, I think you are F.B.R., and headed to the nursing home in a few years. Where you will enjoy your last 1-5 years babbling like a 4 year old.

Does everyone inspire you like I do? or am I just special to you?

So how many apples do you own?

AAPL-Apple computer corporation, stock value as of close 7-28-23
195.83 USD
+195.67 (122,293.75%)all time

CIAO Charlie

PS. Oh if I need an apple peeler for my orchards, I will let you put in a bid.

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 29-07-2023 18:23
29-07-2023 18:39
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is Linux?

Overview

195.83 USD

CIAO Charlie

Every time you get 'spanked', you run crying, to hide behind tomatoes, apples, or fatman knocking you off your POS bike...
29-07-2023 19:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is Linux?

Overview

195.83 USD

CIAO Charlie

Every time you get 'spanked', you run crying, to hide behind tomatoes, apples, or fatman knocking you off your POS bike...

Market Summary
>
Apple Inc
195.83 USD
+143.83 (276.60%)past 5 years
Closed: Jul 28, 7:59 PM EDT * Disclaimer
After hours 195.89 +0.060 (0.031%)

So you like to spank men do you? Hmmm, does your mommy approve?

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 29-07-2023 19:35
29-07-2023 21:48
(21600)
Swan wrote:
So you like to spank...
40a...1d.

The Parrot Killer

29-07-2023 22:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
So you like to spank...
40a...1d.

So you prefer to spank men too?

ULTRA MAGA

30-07-2023 01:21
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is Linux?

Overview

195.83 USD

CIAO Charlie

Market Summary
>
Apple Inc
195.83 USD

You have very limited reading skills... The quotes mean it figurative, not literal. But, you take it the way you enjoy most, sick alphabet man.
30-07-2023 03:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

What is Linux?

Overview

195.83 USD

CIAO Charlie

Market Summary
>
Apple Inc
195.83 USD

You have very limited reading skills... The quotes mean it figurative, not literal. But, you take it the way you enjoy most, sick alphabet man.

I bought that for my wife's IRA

Market Summary
>
Alphabet Inc Class C
133.01 USD
+71.82 (117.37%)past 5 years
Closed: Jul 28, 7:58 PM EDT * Disclaimer
After hours 133.27 +0.26 (0.20%)

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate Linux is dead on the desktop, so do not even waste your time considering it:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Every time I say that this board is dead, someone says something to prove me wrong, but901-01-2024 05:08
Physicists 'entangle' individual molecules for the first time, bringing about a new platform for 1721-12-2023 13:02
Differences between the past and the present time2012-11-2023 23:07
Time to Ban Swan?4507-11-2023 13:57
Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever1407-10-2023 19:05
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact