Remember me
▼ Content

IbdaMann physics mistake



Page 1 of 212>
IbdaMann physics mistake06-11-2023 00:30
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Here is your quote:

When comparing Venus to earth, consider that atmospheric composition has no bearing on temperature, but sheer quantity of atmosphere does, per the Ideal Gas law, and then you'll have taken many steps closer to having a much better understanding of atmospherics.


Here we have a cause and effect fallacy. The quantity of atmosphere can not rise the temperature of the planet.
An anvil sitting on the desk pressurises the desk. That pressure does not cause warming. Doubling the size of the anvil would double the pressure on the desk but it would not rise the temperature of anything.

The ideal gas law is just a law. It does not rise temperatures.

Venus has a thick atmosphere because of its geothermal energy. The energy from the sun that reaches to Venus is piddle power compared to its gheothermal energy. Simple as that.
06-11-2023 02:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
Xadoman wrote:
IBDaMann wrote: When comparing Venus to earth, consider that atmospheric composition has no bearing on temperature, but sheer quantity of atmosphere does, per the Ideal Gas law, and then you'll have taken many steps closer to having a much better understanding of atmospherics.
Here we have a cause and effect fallacy. The quantity of atmosphere can not rise the temperature of the planet.

This is not a cause->effect scenario. This falls under "statics." The quantity of the atmosphere determines the temperature reading of the thermometer just like the force pulling on a rope determines the tension. If the quantity of the atmosphere changes, the thermometer readings will all change, and if you alter the force pulling on a rope, the tension will change.

Xadoman wrote: An anvil sitting on the desk pressurises the desk.

Stick with gases. The Ideal Gas law does not apply to solid objects.

Xadoman wrote: That pressure does not cause warming.

It actually does, initially, and would register as a temperature increase to a well-placed thermometer, but a very, very small one that would cool very quickly. Such warming in a solid body rarely has any non-negligible effect.

Xadoman wrote: The ideal gas law is just a law. It does not rise temperatures.

It would appear that you do not understand what a "law" is and what the Ideal Gas law really tells you.

Xadoman wrote:Venus has a thick atmosphere because of its geothermal energy.

The reason for a planet's atmosphere is totally irrelevant when discussing the properties of that atmosphere.

Xadoman wrote: The energy from the sun that reaches to Venus is piddle power compared to its gheothermal energy. Simple as that.

Nope. Venus has volcanic activity, but its contribution to Venus' temperature is piddle power compared to the energy received from the sun.
06-11-2023 03:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
Here is your quote:

When comparing Venus to earth, consider that atmospheric composition has no bearing on temperature, but sheer quantity of atmosphere does, per the Ideal Gas law, and then you'll have taken many steps closer to having a much better understanding of atmospherics.


Here we have a cause and effect fallacy. The quantity of atmosphere can not rise the temperature of the planet.
An anvil sitting on the desk pressurises the desk. That pressure does not cause warming. Doubling the size of the anvil would double the pressure on the desk but it would not rise the temperature of anything.

The ideal gas law is just a law. It does not rise temperatures.

Venus has a thick atmosphere because of its geothermal energy. The energy from the sun that reaches to Venus is piddle power compared to its gheothermal energy. Simple as that.


The dumb chink speaks. Do tell us what the temp of the Earth would be if it had no atmosphere?

Then you may resume eating your monkeys brains


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-11-2023 09:03
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
The dumb chink speaks. Do tell us what the temp of the Earth would be if it had no atmosphere?

Then you may resume eating your monkeys brains


Start using your 130IQ. The earth is the coolest it has ever been. It is constantly cooling. It has cooled for 4.5 billion years and it will continue to cool down. Cheez how stupid and brainwashed some high IQ people sometimes are.
06-11-2023 09:34
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
The quantity of the atmosphere determines the temperature...


Nope, the temperature determines the quantity of the atmosphere. Temperature is the driving force.

It actually does, initially, and would register as a temperature increase to a well-placed thermometer


You involved movement. Anvil sitting on the desk does not move. It pressurised the desk but not heats it. Atmospheric pressure does not cause heating of the planet. Raw power sources such as geothermal and the sun both contribute to the heating of the planet which allows an atmosphere to form.
The sun alone is not enough to explain the observed temperatures. Plug in the numbers and even with emissivity=1 the numbers do not add up. Also, the earth still cools. It continues to cool. It was molten at once at the surface and it has cooled down so much that the surface is now solid. It is still molten inside but it continues to cool.
The molten core is 5500 degrees. The earth was 5500 degrees at the surface at once.

Do you agree that the earth has been on a long cool down for billions of years? Or do you think that the earth was a giant iceball and started to heat up and continues to heat up?

It would appear that you do not understand what a "law" is and what the Ideal Gas law really tells you.


Ideal gas law tells that temperature is the driving force. Confused people thing that it is the pressure that drives the temperature. Blatantly false - the pressure is caused by the temperature which is caused by raw power sources like geothermal and the sun.

Do you know how warm is inside the earth? Imagine how much energy the oceans get from the bottom of the ocean. The sun alone is not enough to explain the temperature of earth.

Nope. Venus has volcanic activity, but its contribution to Venus' temperature is piddle power compared to the energy received from the sun.


You are clearly mistaken. The sun is not enough to explain the inredible hot and thick atmosphere of the Venus.




In conlusion. The earth is cooling. It was at once molten at the surface but now it has cooled down so much that the surface of the earth is solid. The inner core is still at 5500 degrees but it continues to cool down. The sun adds to the surface temperature but the earth still continues to coold down. Simple as that.
Edited on 06-11-2023 09:40
06-11-2023 14:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
The dumb chink speaks. Do tell us what the temp of the Earth would be if it had no atmosphere?

Then you may resume eating your monkeys brains


Start using your 130IQ. The earth is the coolest it has ever been. It is constantly cooling. It has cooled for 4.5 billion years and it will continue to cool down. Cheez how stupid and brainwashed some high IQ people sometimes are.


Hey chink, you forgot to mention what the temp of the Earth would be if it had no atmosphere?

You finish your live monkey brains yet?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-11-2023 14:08
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
The quantity of the atmosphere determines the temperature...


Nope, the temperature determines the quantity of the atmosphere. Temperature is the driving force.

It actually does, initially, and would register as a temperature increase to a well-placed thermometer


You involved movement. Anvil sitting on the desk does not move. It pressurised the desk but not heats it. Atmospheric pressure does not cause heating of the planet. Raw power sources such as geothermal and the sun both contribute to the heating of the planet which allows an atmosphere to form.
The sun alone is not enough to explain the observed temperatures. Plug in the numbers and even with emissivity=1 the numbers do not add up. Also, the earth still cools. It continues to cool. It was molten at once at the surface and it has cooled down so much that the surface is now solid. It is still molten inside but it continues to cool.
The molten core is 5500 degrees. The earth was 5500 degrees at the surface at once.

Do you agree that the earth has been on a long cool down for billions of years? Or do you think that the earth was a giant iceball and started to heat up and continues to heat up?

It would appear that you do not understand what a "law" is and what the Ideal Gas law really tells you.


Ideal gas law tells that temperature is the driving force. Confused people thing that it is the pressure that drives the temperature. Blatantly false - the pressure is caused by the temperature which is caused by raw power sources like geothermal and the sun.

Do you know how warm is inside the earth? Imagine how much energy the oceans get from the bottom of the ocean. The sun alone is not enough to explain the temperature of earth.

Nope. Venus has volcanic activity, but its contribution to Venus' temperature is piddle power compared to the energy received from the sun.


You are clearly mistaken. The sun is not enough to explain the inredible hot and thick atmosphere of the Venus.




In conlusion. The earth is cooling. It was at once molten at the surface but now it has cooled down so much that the surface of the earth is solid. The inner core is still at 5500 degrees but it continues to cool down. The sun adds to the surface temperature but the earth still continues to coold down. Simple as that.


Hey goofy, the deepest parts of the oceans are the coldest not the warmest.

But you are fun when you get triggered


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-11-2023 15:25
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Swanny thinks that earth was a giant iceball that started to accumulate heat from the sun and is getting hotter and hotter. It accumulates so good that the inside is already 5500 degrees celsius molten blob. CO2 helps to accumulate more and more. Swanny is a funny guy.
06-11-2023 17:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
Swanny thinks that earth was a giant iceball that started to accumulate heat from the sun and is getting hotter and hotter. It accumulates so good that the inside is already 5500 degrees celsius molten blob. CO2 helps to accumulate more and more. Swanny is a funny guy.


Hey goofy, the deepest parts of the oceans are the coldest not the warmest.

But you are fun when you get triggered

I like silly people, but your mother really smells


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-11-2023 19:03
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
We already got it Swanny . You think there is a giant ice ball inside the earth. It will melt soon as the earth is trapping heat so good. The sea bed was frozen at once. Thank god it has melted up evetually.
06-11-2023 19:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
We already got it Swanny . You think there is a giant ice ball inside the earth. It will melt soon as the earth is trapping heat so good. The sea bed was frozen at once. Thank god it has melted up eventually.


LOL and your claim is that the deep oceans are warmer than the surface because the Earth has a molten core. Not true pee wee, but feel free to continue humiliating yourself. Again if the magnetic shift reverses the deep ocean current severe cooling will ensue as the oceans influence atmospheric patterns.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
06-11-2023 23:33
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Swanny, check it out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mponeng_Gold_Mine

Mponeng is a gold mine in South Africa's Gauteng province. Previously known as Western Deep Levels #1 Shaft, the underground and surface works were commissioned in 1987. It extends over 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) below the surface,[1] and is considered to be one of the most substantial gold mines in the world.[2] It is also currently the world's deepest mine from ground level,[3] reaching a depth of 4 km (2.5 mi) below ground level. The trip from the surface to the bottom of the mine takes over an hour.[1]



The temperature of the rock reaches 66 °C (151 °F), and the mine pumps slurry ice underground to cool the tunnel air to below 30 °C (86 °F).




Looks like they have to cool down there with ice. I wonder why. Swanny thinks there must be incredibly cool because deep down in the oceans the water is near freezing.
06-11-2023 23:38
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Swanny and IbdaMann, why do you deny geothermal and think it is all about the sun? What is the reason for that?
07-11-2023 00:05
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
From wiki:

As a general rule, the crust temperature rises with depth due to the heat flow from the much hotter mantle; away from tectonic plate boundaries, temperature rises in about 25–30 °C/km (72–87 °F/mi) of depth near the surface in most of the world.


So the temperature of the rock 10 km deep should be around 250-300 degrees Celsius. So the ocean sits in the quite hot bucket. It means that the ocean is quite heavily heated by geothemal energy. The sun adds at the surface.
07-11-2023 00:23
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
Swanny, check it out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mponeng_Gold_Mine

Mponeng is a gold mine in South Africa's Gauteng province. Previously known as Western Deep Levels #1 Shaft, the underground and surface works were commissioned in 1987. It extends over 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) below the surface,[1] and is considered to be one of the most substantial gold mines in the world.[2] It is also currently the world's deepest mine from ground level,[3] reaching a depth of 4 km (2.5 mi) below ground level. The trip from the surface to the bottom of the mine takes over an hour.[1]



The temperature of the rock reaches 66 °C (151 °F), and the mine pumps slurry ice underground to cool the tunnel air to below 30 °C (86 °F).




Looks like they have to cool down there with ice. I wonder why. Swanny thinks there must be incredibly cool because deep down in the oceans the water is near freezing.


And the temp at the bottom of the Mariana Trench is 34F 2 degrees above freezing and since the trench is 10.6 kilometers deep a full 6 kilometers deeper than your mine, you need to drop out of school now and start smoking lots of meth.

So do you enjoy being stupid?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
07-11-2023 01:03
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
And the temp at the bottom of the Mariana Trench is 34F 2 degrees above freezing and since the trench is 10.6 kilometers deep a full 6 kilometers deeper than your mine, you need to drop out of school now and start smoking lots of meth.


Make your point , Swanny.

Anyway, the water cools the ocean bed which should be around 250-300 degrees celsius othewise. The energy from the ocean bed is absorbed by the water. Simple as that.
07-11-2023 01:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
And the temp at the bottom of the Mariana Trench is 34F 2 degrees above freezing and since the trench is 10.6 kilometers deep a full 6 kilometers deeper than your mine, you need to drop out of school now and start smoking lots of meth.


Make your point , Swanny.

Anyway, the water cools the ocean bed which should be around 250-300 degrees celsius othewise. The energy from the ocean bed is absorbed by the water. Simple as that.


According to your THEORY on Thorazine the bottom of the Mariana Trench should be hotter than the surface of the ocean due to the heat. Not that your brain can absorb reality but the crust at the bottom of the Mariana trench is 12 km thick, so there is nothing molten to warm the water in the first place.

Now in other important news

Market Summary
>
Apple Inc
179.23 USD
+2.58 (1.46%)today


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
07-11-2023 07:38
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Face the reality, Swanny. It is incredibly hot inside the earth. 10km deep hole in earth is at about 250-300 degrees celsius at the bottom. People use ice to cool gold mines that are sitting half the distance. Using ice indeed brings the temperatue down because ice is a cooling agent. It is water. The ocean is an enourmous heat sink. Sun adds at the surface but sun could not heat the ocean via convection. The hot water would sit at the top. The water is heated from the bottom , the water is going to circulate that is called convection.

In conclusion, water is a coolant. The bottom of the sea bed heats the ocean. Warm water rises, cold sinks. That is convection. The sun adds at the surface. That is it, simple as that.
07-11-2023 08:25
James_
★★★★★
(2251)
Xadoman wrote:
Face the reality, Swanny. It is incredibly hot inside the earth. 10km deep hole in earth is at about 250-300 degrees celsius at the bottom. People use ice to cool gold mines that are sitting half the distance. Using ice indeed brings the temperatue down because ice is a cooling agent. It is water. The ocean is an enourmous heat sink. Sun adds at the surface but sun could not heat the ocean via convection. The hot water would sit at the top. The water is heated from the bottom , the water is going to circulate that is called convection.

In conclusion, water is a coolant. The bottom of the sea bed heats the ocean. Warm water rises, cold sinks. That is convection. The sun adds at the surface. That is it, simple as that.



If I lived in Siberia I would love geothermal heat. That's the Siberian Steppes.
Yakutsk, Irkutsk, etc. Kamchatka might be warm because of the north pacific current. Yekaterinburg is Asia while Perm is Europe. Different sides of the Ural.
p.s., Ural Mountains form the continental divide in Russia just as the Rocky mountains do in North America.
To be technical, the continental divide in Russia is between Yekaterinburg and the Ural mountains. Asia can be quite cold.

Skiing outside of Moscow might require skiing in ice. It happens, even in Washington, USA where you shave ice. When there isn't fresh snow you shave ice.
I've skied Snoqualmie Pass with no "fresh" snow. Skiing on ice is much faster but there's nothing to dig the edges of your skis into.
Edited on 07-11-2023 09:02
07-11-2023 13:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
Face the reality, Swanny. It is incredibly hot inside the earth. 10km deep hole in earth is at about 250-300 degrees celsius at the bottom. People use ice to cool gold mines that are sitting half the distance. Using ice indeed brings the temperatue down because ice is a cooling agent. It is water. The ocean is an enourmous heat sink. Sun adds at the surface but sun could not heat the ocean via convection. The hot water would sit at the top. The water is heated from the bottom , the water is going to circulate that is called convection.

In conclusion, water is a coolant. The bottom of the sea bed heats the ocean. Warm water rises, cold sinks. That is convection. The sun adds at the surface. That is it, simple as that.



LOL so if I skin dive to the bottom and put my hand on the sand the sand will be hotter than the water warmed by the sun.

Okeedokee

In reality this could happen if there were a volcanic vent present, but not for the over 99 percent of the ocean. LOL since the average crust thickness in the oceans is 6 to 7 kilometers thick your mythical 10-kilometer hole would be impossible by the way for any of several reasons, none of which the ass that you think with could comprehend


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
07-11-2023 18:44
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Face the reality.The sea bed at 10 km deep should be at 300 degrees celsius. It is not. Why? Because water cools it. It absorbs the energy and via conduction and convection dissipates it into ocean. Oceans at average are around 3.5 degrees celsius. It is an enormous heat sink. Here is a quote for you, Swanny:

Ocean water absorbs solar energy efficiently. It has far greater heat capacity than atmospheric gases. As a result, the top few meters of the ocean contain more thermal energy than the entire Earth's atmosphere.


In conclusion, water absorbs heat from the sea bed. It should be at 300 degrees celsius based on geothermal gradient but it is not. It has been cooled by water. Water is great cooling agent. The convection makes the killing compared to solid materials which only have conduction. The inner core of earth feeds constantly energy to the sea bed( and all over the world) and that energy is dissipated into the oceans , into the land and into the atmosphere. The sun adds at the surface.

So in conclusion, the earth has two main raw power sources - the inner core and the sun. Both contribute to the average temperature of earth. The role of the inner core has been greatly and criminally underestimated. Instead of it they thought up the greenhouse effect which is not a raw power source. The greenhouse effect does not heat anything.
08-11-2023 10:46
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
Xadoman wrote:
The quantity of the atmosphere determines the temperature...
Nope, the temperature determines the quantity of the atmosphere. Temperature is the driving force.

Nope. The quantity of the atmosphere determines the quantity of the atmosphere. It is an independent variable.

Xadoman wrote: Atmospheric pressure does not cause heating of the planet.

Correct. Only the sun causes heating. I specified the "temperature" as measured by a thermometer.

Xadoman wrote: Raw power sources such as geothermal and the sun both contribute to the heating of the planet which allows an atmosphere to form.

Nope. The earth's crust insulates against geothermal heat. The sun has no bearing on the quantity of any planet's atmosphere.

Xadoman wrote: The sun alone is not enough to explain the observed temperatures.

Correct. Both the sun's output and the earth's emissivity are needed. Good catch.

Xadoman wrote: Plug in the numbers and even with emissivity=1 the numbers do not add up.

You don't have any numbers to add.

Xadoman wrote: Also, the earth still cools. It continues to cool. It was molten at once at the surface

So now both you and Swan are omniscient. I'm hanging around Climate-Debate so that I can become omniscient too, and when I do, oh boy, look out world.

Xadoman wrote: Do you agree that the earth has been on a long cool down for billions of years?

I'm not omniscient yet. I'm still waiting to have all that knowledge.

Xadoman wrote: Or do you think that the earth was a giant iceball and started to heat up and continues to heat up?

I'm not omniscient yet. I'm still waiting to have all that knowledge.

Xadoman wrote:Ideal gas law tells that temperature is the driving force.

Nope. The Ideal Gas law defines a relationship between gas variables that predicts nature. All of the variables are dependent variables that can change and the other variables will change to maintain the relationship, i.e. there is no single driving force, as you put it.

Xadoman wrote: Confused people thing that it is the pressure that drives the temperature.

It does. Pressure drives Temperature whenever Pressure is what is changed and the other variables remain unchanged, leaving Temperature to adjust to maintain the relationship.

Similarly, if Temperature is what is changed, then Pressure adjusts if all the other variables remain the same.

Xadoman wrote:Do you know how warm is inside the earth?

Do you realize just how much insulation the earth's crust provides?

Xadoman wrote:Imagine how much energy the oceans get from the bottom of the ocean.

Are you saying that the oceans are hot or are boiling away?

Xadoman wrote: The sun alone is not enough to explain the temperature of earth.

Didn't we already go over this? You are correct, both the sun's output and the earth's emissivity are needed to determine the earth's temperature.


Xadoman wrote:
Nope. Venus has volcanic activity, but its contribution to Venus' temperature is piddle power compared to the energy received from the sun.
You are clearly mistaken. The sun is not enough to explain the inredible hot and thick atmosphere of the Venus.

The sun doesn't explain any atmosphere any more than GasGuzzler's peanut butter explains it, and his peanut butter is a decent explainer if I do say so myself.

Xadoman wrote: In conlusion. The earth is cooling.

Technically, I have to say that the earth is neither warming nor cooling except for changes in its distance to the sun. The earth is otherwise in equilibrium so there is no change to the average temperature/quantity of thermal energy.

Xadoman wrote: It was at once molten at the surface

When I become omniscient, that will be the fourth thing I verify.

Xadoman wrote: The inner core is still at 5500 degrees

Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit, and when did you measure this?
08-11-2023 10:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
Xadoman wrote:Face the reality.The sea bed at 10 km deep should be at 300 degrees celsius. It is not. Why?

... because there is a crapload of earth's crust on top of the mantle below, providing insulation. It is not the case that the sea bed should be 300 degrees Celsius. The sea bed is exactly the temperature that it should be.
08-11-2023 14:43
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Nope. The quantity of the atmosphere determines the quantity of the atmosphere. It is an independent variable


Nope, nope and nope. The temperature determines the atmosphere. The gas molecules can not levitate above the surface of the earth without raw energy sources which are the inner core of the earth and the sun.
08-11-2023 15:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2951)
IBdaMann wrote:
The sun doesn't explain any atmosphere any more than GasGuzzler's peanut butter explains it, and his peanut butter is a decent explainer if I do say so myself.

On a side note complaint, my peanut butter has been thin and runny ever since the supply chain issues with covid. I'm wondering if the manufacturer severely compressed the peanut butter in an effort to squeeze more product into a shipping container, thereby overheating it and making it runny. You have any idea how I might decompress and thicken it up a little? Thanks in advance.


Xadoman wrote: The inner core is still at 5500 degrees

IBdaMann wrote:
Is that Celsius or Fahrenheit, and when did you measure this?

I keep getting burnt when grilling steaks trying to measure the temp on my venison. I would be grateful if you could send me a link to wherever you found that long of a probe. Thanks in advance.
08-11-2023 23:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
Face the reality.The sea bed at 10 km deep should be at 300 degrees celsius. It is not. Why? Because water cools it. It absorbs the energy and via conduction and convection dissipates it into ocean. Oceans at average are around 3.5 degrees celsius. It is an enormous heat sink. Here is a quote for you, Swanny:

Ocean water absorbs solar energy efficiently. It has far greater heat capacity than atmospheric gases. As a result, the top few meters of the ocean contain more thermal energy than the entire Earth's atmosphere.


In conclusion, water absorbs heat from the sea bed. It should be at 300 degrees celsius based on geothermal gradient but it is not. It has been cooled by water. Water is great cooling agent. The convection makes the killing compared to solid materials which only have conduction. The inner core of earth feeds constantly energy to the sea bed( and all over the world) and that energy is dissipated into the oceans , into the land and into the atmosphere. The sun adds at the surface.

So in conclusion, the earth has two main raw power sources - the inner core and the sun. Both contribute to the average temperature of earth. The role of the inner core has been greatly and criminally underestimated. Instead of it they thought up the greenhouse effect which is not a raw power source. The greenhouse effect does not heat anything.


Nope because the reality is that the 300C temps would not disappear. What would happen is that those temps would be transferred to the seawater making the deep ocean water the hottest on Earth. Since the opposite is true you are a TOTALLY FAILED SHRINKY DINK

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
09-11-2023 00:38
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
Hey Swanny:

Quote from wiki:

The peak cylinder gas temperature may be 2800 K while the temperature of the cylinder inner wall surface may be only 450 K (∼180°C) due to cooling.


Swanny would scream - not possible. The engine should melt away because the temperature in the chamber is 2800 K.



I keep getting burnt when grilling steaks trying to measure the temp on my venison. I would be grateful if you could send me a link to wherever you found that long of a probe. Thanks in advance.


Hello Gazzguzzler. It is pretty common knowledge that the earth has a molten core. The geothermal gradient is known and meausured. Gold mines get very hot deep in the ground. Russians have drilled the deepest , 12 km or so. They stopped because the rock was getting more and more plastic like and they simply could not drill it anymore.

Gazz, here is a fun fact for you. If we could peel away 60 km of earth s crust, the surface temperature of earth would be around 800 degrees celsius. 60 km is only 1/100 of earth radius.
Are you starting to see a giant glowing elephant inside the earth or still deny it?
Edited on 09-11-2023 00:41
09-11-2023 01:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21962)
Xadoman wrote:
Nope. The quantity of the atmosphere determines the quantity of the atmosphere. It is an independent variable


Nope, nope and nope. The temperature determines the atmosphere. The gas molecules can not levitate above the surface of the earth without raw energy sources which are the inner core of the earth and the sun.

Temperature does not determine the atmosphere.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-11-2023 01:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
Hey Swanny:

Quote from wiki:

The peak cylinder gas temperature may be 2800 K while the temperature of the cylinder inner wall surface may be only 450 K (∼180°C) due to cooling.


Swanny would scream - not possible. The engine should melt away because the temperature in the chamber is 2800 K.



I keep getting burnt when grilling steaks trying to measure the temp on my venison. I would be grateful if you could send me a link to wherever you found that long of a probe. Thanks in advance.


Hello Gazzguzzler. It is pretty common knowledge that the earth has a molten core. The geothermal gradient is known and meausured. Gold mines get very hot deep in the ground. Russians have drilled the deepest , 12 km or so. They stopped because the rock was getting more and more plastic like and they simply could not drill it anymore.

Gazz, here is a fun fact for you. If we could peel away 60 km of earth s crust, the surface temperature of earth would be around 800 degrees celsius. 60 km is only 1/100 of earth radius.
Are you starting to see a giant glowing elephant inside the earth or still deny it?


And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.

CIAO


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
09-11-2023 22:36
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.

CIAO


And the earth has cooled from 7000 K to 288K over 4,5 billions years . And it continues to cool. Hope that helps to face the reality.
09-11-2023 22:45
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
130IQ thinks putting more CO2 between the thermometer and the sun would make the thermometer read higher. Wait what, the earth surface has cooled from 7000K to 288K over the 4.5 billion years and CO2 levels supposedly have been much higher than they are now. That did not stop earth from cooling.
The earth has been cooling for billions of years and it continues to cool. It cools until it loses all its internal energy. Basic physics. Simple as that.
10-11-2023 00:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.

CIAO


And the earth has cooled from 7000 K to 288K over 4,5 billions years . And it continues to cool. Hope that helps to face the reality.


Which does not back up your dumb idea that the deep oceans are warmer than the surface because of the heat of the Earth.

And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.

CIAO


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
10-11-2023 20:30
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.


The water has an ability to flow. If we could stop the water s ability to flow and therefore stop convection, the temperature profile of the oceans would be the same as the crust.

But Swanny thinks that the whole ocean is heated from the top by the sun.

Swanny also belives that putting more CO2 between the thermometer and the sun makes the thermometer hotter.

Swanny thinks that atmosphere makes earth warmer. Swanny does not understand that warm earth is the cause of the atmosphere. Without the temperature the gases woul sit on the ground doing nothing.

Swanny does not know that the earth s surface has cooled from 7000K to 288K and continues to cool. He instead thinks the earth is warming because the earth has atmosphere.

Swanny the funny guy

Edited on 10-11-2023 20:35
10-11-2023 20:39
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2951)
Xadoman wrote:
And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.


The water has an ability to flow. If we could stop the water s ability to flow and therefore stop convection, the temperature profile of the oceans would be the same as the crust.

But Swanny thinks that the whole ocean is heated from the top by the sun.

Swanny also belives that putting more CO2 between the thermometer and the sun makes the thermometer hotter.

Swanny thinks that atmosphere makes earth warmer. Swanny does not understand that warm earth is the cause of the atmosphere. Without the temperature the gases woul sit on the ground doing nothing.

Swanny does not know that the earth s surface has cooled from 7000K to 288K and continues to cool. He instead thinks the earth is warming because the earth has atmosphere.

Swanny the funny guy


....and both of you are cracking my ass up! Tell me how you measure the temperature of the entire atmosphere? Tell me how you measure the entire ocean?

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
10-11-2023 21:08
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1036)
....and both of you are cracking my ass up! Tell me how you measure the temperature of the entire atmosphere? Tell me how you measure the entire ocean?

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!


Eistein was able to measure time dilation more than 100 years ago. He had good clocks, made by swiss.
10-11-2023 21:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14545)
Xadoman wrote:Eistein was able to measure time dilation

Nope. Einstein never measured time dilation; it is not measurable. Clocks in different inertial frames of reference cannot be synchronized.
10-11-2023 22:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5734)
Xadoman wrote:
And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.


The water has an ability to flow. If we could stop the water s ability to flow and therefore stop convection, the temperature profile of the oceans would be the same as the crust.

But Swanny thinks that the whole ocean is heated from the top by the sun.

Swanny also belives that putting more CO2 between the thermometer and the sun makes the thermometer hotter.

Swanny thinks that atmosphere makes earth warmer. Swanny does not understand that warm earth is the cause of the atmosphere. Without the temperature the gases woul sit on the ground doing nothing.

Swanny does not know that the earth s surface has cooled from 7000K to 288K and continues to cool. He instead thinks the earth is warming because the earth has atmosphere.

Swanny the funny guy


Which does not back up your dumb idea that the deep oceans are warmer than the surface because of the heat of the Earth.

And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.

CIAO


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
11-11-2023 10:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21962)
Xadoman wrote:
And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.

CIAO


And the earth has cooled from 7000 K to 288K over 4,5 billions years . And it continues to cool. Hope that helps to face the reality.

How do you know this? You weren't born 4 billion years ago. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-11-2023 10:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21962)
Xadoman wrote:
And yet the average deep ocean floor temp is 34F or 2F above freezing, proving that you are a dumb turd.


The water has an ability to flow. If we could stop the water s ability to flow and therefore stop convection, the temperature profile of the oceans would be the same as the crust.

But Swanny thinks that the whole ocean is heated from the top by the sun.

Swanny also belives that putting more CO2 between the thermometer and the sun makes the thermometer hotter.

Swanny thinks that atmosphere makes earth warmer. Swanny does not understand that warm earth is the cause of the atmosphere. Without the temperature the gases woul sit on the ground doing nothing.

Swanny does not know that the earth s surface has cooled from 7000K to 288K and continues to cool. He instead thinks the earth is warming because the earth has atmosphere.

Swanny the funny guy

I see you've decided to ignore the 0th law of thermodynamics. Everything has a temperature.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-11-2023 10:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21962)
Xadoman wrote:
....and both of you are cracking my ass up! Tell me how you measure the temperature of the entire atmosphere? Tell me how you measure the entire ocean?

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!


Eistein was able to measure time dilation more than 100 years ago. He had good clocks, made by swiss.

Never happened.
Illiteracy. Proper nouns are always capitalized.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate IbdaMann physics mistake:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Sleuths of 'spooky' quantum entanglement science win Nobel physics prize for 20222407-10-2022 01:45
Day After Tomorrow defies physics1230-03-2022 01:58
Basic Physics509-05-2021 03:37
Physics of climate change question609-02-2020 23:22
All Governments & Organizations Are Making A Critical Basic Mistake About Climate Change Global Warmi11806-02-2020 02:09
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact