Remember me
▼ Content

Education system future.

Education system future.27-04-2021 20:11
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(479)
I read a lot of stories in the news about how students are going to be stupid because of the covid restrictions and distance learning. What do you think about that? I myself think that online learning is the future. I have seen little kids who can speak english ( foreign for them) because they play computer games in home. I think that many teachers in the school are too old school. They are like kings in front of the classroom and dictate to the students their monoloque. This is outdated model because of the smartphone era and an easy access to worldwide information. Student are going to be bored in such classes. Parents are also going crazy over the grades that their kids are getting from the school. I do not understand why grades matter. Memorizing something from the book could give you a good grade but if you do not understand what you memorized then what is the point of learning it. In comment sections of news about global warming I see physicists who do not understand the laws of thermodynamics and belive in greenhouse effect. How did he get his degree? If he becomes a teacher than the outcome is obvious.
Any ideas, opinions, propositions?
27-04-2021 21:20
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
I always did my best learning on my own, class was mostly a nuisance, but there was an occasional gem of wisdom. I used most of my classroom time, getting as much of my homework done, so I didn't actually have to lug the books around. I did alright on the tests, but a few weeks later, mostly forgotten. Personally, I think they should get back to just the basics in public schools. Probably cut back, to half a day. S student with higher ambitions, can spend the other half, studying independently. Parents can consider additional school, ih they want the kids in college. More than half a graduating class, will end up in jobs/careers, the require a minimal education (GED), if the employer even bothers to check. Even people with college degrees, end up with jobs, where that paper is worthless. Our current school system presumes every student wants/needs to go to college, to succeed, or house and feed the family (they accidentally created). Since over half, never land that dream job, or achieve the 'success' they were promised, for enduring 12 years of crap education, they get messed up in the head, think they are failures.
27-04-2021 22:15
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
Xadoman wrote:
I read a lot of stories in the news about how students are going to be stupid because of the covid restrictions and distance learning. What do you think about that?

I think that schools have been churning out stupid brainwashed non-thinkers for a very long time now, regardless of covid restrictions and distanced "learning" (programming).

Xadoman wrote:
I myself think that online learning is the future.

I think that online learning will be more popular, but I also think that there will always be a demand for traditional in-person learning. I could be totally wrong though.

Xadoman wrote:
I have seen little kids who can speak english ( foreign for them) because they play computer games in home.

Sounds like homeschooling works wonders.

Xadoman wrote:
I think that many teachers in the school are too old school. They are like kings in front of the classroom and dictate to the students their monoloque.

I think that many teachers "teach" their students what to think instead of teaching their students how to think.

Xadoman wrote:
This is outdated model because of the smartphone era and an easy access to worldwide information. Student are going to be bored in such classes.

I was bored in such classes because many of the teachers that I had in high school and beyond didn't provide any practical everyday uses for the class material. Honestly, I've learned much more about a plethora of different subjects from discussions with Into The Night than I ever "learned" from schooling. My grade school was pretty good for the most part, but my high school and college (outside of accounting related courses) were generally quite awful.

Xadoman wrote:
Parents are also going crazy over the grades that their kids are getting from the school. I do not understand why grades matter. Memorizing something from the book could give you a good grade but if you do not understand what you memorized then what is the point of learning it.

I had plenty of fellow classmates like this. Sure, many of them were among the top of my class in terms of GPA, yet they weren't the brightest individuals. They just crammed to get the high GPA. They likely wouldn't've been able to explain the topic a few days later, or be able to apply it in a different way than what they were tested on.

Xadoman wrote:
In comment sections of news about global warming I see physicists who do not understand the laws of thermodynamics and belive in greenhouse effect. How did he get his degree? If he becomes a teacher than the outcome is obvious.

Yup, and I've come across many supposed doctors who don't know their arm from their leg when it comes to immunology and virology... and many nutritionists who don't know a damn thing when it comes to proper nutrition, and on and on...

Xadoman wrote:
Any ideas, opinions, propositions?

Schools, for the most part, have been turned into indoctrination centers, where students are taught what to think instead of how to think, and are preached a leftist political agenda rather than taught math and science, and how to make use of logic and philosophy. For now, I would seek out a trustworthy private school or do home schooling. This always burns my grits though because the property owners who choose to go this route are still directly funding the public indoctrination centers even though they aren't getting any use out of them.
Edited on 27-04-2021 22:22
28-04-2021 00:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9190)

gfm7175 wrote:I think that schools have been churning out stupid brainwashed non-thinkers for a very long time now, regardless of covid restrictions and distanced "learning" (programming).

Tell me about it. They know nothing and think they are geniuses. They scoff when I tell them that CNN is deliberately misleading them for political purposes. They are certain that Climate Change is thettled thienth.

gfm7175 wrote: Schools, for the most part, have been turned into indoctrination centers, where students are taught what to think instead of how to think, and are preached a leftist political agenda rather than taught math and science, and how to make use of logic and philosophy.

Nail hit on the head.

28-04-2021 06:25
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(479)
Since over half, never land that dream job, or achieve the 'success' they were promised, for enduring 12 years of crap education, they get messed up in the head, think they are failures.

Story of my life.

Our current school system presumes every student wants/needs to go to college, to succeed

Back in my time those guys who did not do well in ELEMENTARY school in some class where forced to repeat a grade, often multiple times because of some stubborn teacher did not want to give a positive grade in some subject. I hope this kind of thing is a history but I am not sure about that.
28-04-2021 06:48
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(479)
Honestly, I've learned much more about a plethora of different subjects from discussions with Into The Night than I ever "learned" from schooling.

I have to agree , he has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.
Edited on 28-04-2021 07:22
28-04-2021 18:11
(2107)
Xadoman wrote:
Honestly, I've learned much more about a plethora of different subjects from discussions with Into The Night than I ever "learned" from schooling.

I have to agree , he has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.

Indeed.

Obviously, this goes to show that our schools are failing us, and that we continue to allow it to occur.
28-04-2021 18:20
(9190)
gfm7175 wrote:
Xadoman wrote: I have to agree , [Into the Night] has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.
Indeed. Obviously, this goes to show that our schools are failing us, and that we continue to allow it to occur.

I found the above discontinuity to be somewhat amusing.

28-04-2021 19:40
(2107)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Xadoman wrote: I have to agree , [Into the Night] has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.
Indeed. Obviously, this goes to show that our schools are failing us, and that we continue to allow it to occur.

I found the above discontinuity to be somewhat amusing.

29-04-2021 07:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15559)
Xadoman wrote:

*humble bow*

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
29-04-2021 07:59
(9190)

Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

*humble bow*

It looks like you might end up being drafted ... into some elementary or high school. Obviously they'll have to first send you to teacher's boot camp.

29-04-2021 16:43
(2107)
Speaking of schools, what has made me absolutely sick is seeing a couple of public schools in my area putting up "Black Lives Matter" messaging on their school name displays along the road. One is a high school and one is a K-5 elementary school. I'm sure there are plenty more schools in the area doing that, but I just so happen to drive by those two schools more often than I would like to. Such racist messaging is ****ing disgusting as far as I am concerned, and I would never send any child of mine to any racism-promoting far-left indoctrination center like that.
30-04-2021 18:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15559)
IBdaMann wrote:

Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

*humble bow*

It looks like you might end up being drafted ... into some elementary or high school. Obviously they'll have to first send you to teacher's boot camp.

I refuse. The last thing I am is politically correct.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
30-04-2021 22:24
(2107)
Into the Night wrote:
I refuse. The last thing I am is politically correct.

Ahhhhh. Obviously you are a racist white supremacist who hates teachers and wants little children to die. [insert leftist roid rage here]

15-05-2021 06:57
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(479)
Imagine being a student in the class where the teacher is that retarded:

https://twitter.com/simonelhanna/status/1393273814847565827

On the other hand, maybe this qualifies as a useful experience for young people and prepares them for life because the future life is full of such retards.
Edited on 15-05-2021 07:00
15-05-2021 09:47
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(479)
This went into the wrong thread
Edited on 15-05-2021 09:49

Join the debate Education system future.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Change Made Corona Virus COVID Because People Understand Wrong About Environment System116-03-2021 18:13
The Only Working Way To Insert Digital Coins & Cryptocurrencies Into The Current Money System104-03-2021 13:33
The Only Working Solution To End World Chaos Conflict Is Having A New Real Democracy Society System011-02-2021 07:01
The Next Evolution Of Government & Society System Will Give People More Choice To Live109-02-2021 20:00
THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER1709-02-2021 03:36
Articles
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact