Remember me
▼ Content

Education system future.

Page 1 of 212>
Education system future.27-04-2021 20:11
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
I read a lot of stories in the news about how students are going to be stupid because of the covid restrictions and distance learning. What do you think about that? I myself think that online learning is the future. I have seen little kids who can speak english ( foreign for them) because they play computer games in home. I think that many teachers in the school are too old school. They are like kings in front of the classroom and dictate to the students their monoloque. This is outdated model because of the smartphone era and an easy access to worldwide information. Student are going to be bored in such classes. Parents are also going crazy over the grades that their kids are getting from the school. I do not understand why grades matter. Memorizing something from the book could give you a good grade but if you do not understand what you memorized then what is the point of learning it. In comment sections of news about global warming I see physicists who do not understand the laws of thermodynamics and belive in greenhouse effect. How did he get his degree? If he becomes a teacher than the outcome is obvious.
Any ideas, opinions, propositions?
27-04-2021 21:20
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I always did my best learning on my own, class was mostly a nuisance, but there was an occasional gem of wisdom. I used most of my classroom time, getting as much of my homework done, so I didn't actually have to lug the books around. I did alright on the tests, but a few weeks later, mostly forgotten. Personally, I think they should get back to just the basics in public schools. Probably cut back, to half a day. S student with higher ambitions, can spend the other half, studying independently. Parents can consider additional school, ih they want the kids in college. More than half a graduating class, will end up in jobs/careers, the require a minimal education (GED), if the employer even bothers to check. Even people with college degrees, end up with jobs, where that paper is worthless. Our current school system presumes every student wants/needs to go to college, to succeed, or house and feed the family (they accidentally created). Since over half, never land that dream job, or achieve the 'success' they were promised, for enduring 12 years of crap education, they get messed up in the head, think they are failures.
27-04-2021 22:15
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Xadoman wrote:
I read a lot of stories in the news about how students are going to be stupid because of the covid restrictions and distance learning. What do you think about that?

I think that schools have been churning out stupid brainwashed non-thinkers for a very long time now, regardless of covid restrictions and distanced "learning" (programming).

Xadoman wrote:
I myself think that online learning is the future.

I think that online learning will be more popular, but I also think that there will always be a demand for traditional in-person learning. I could be totally wrong though.

Xadoman wrote:
I have seen little kids who can speak english ( foreign for them) because they play computer games in home.

Sounds like homeschooling works wonders.

Xadoman wrote:
I think that many teachers in the school are too old school. They are like kings in front of the classroom and dictate to the students their monoloque.

I think that many teachers "teach" their students what to think instead of teaching their students how to think.

Xadoman wrote:
This is outdated model because of the smartphone era and an easy access to worldwide information. Student are going to be bored in such classes.

I was bored in such classes because many of the teachers that I had in high school and beyond didn't provide any practical everyday uses for the class material. Honestly, I've learned much more about a plethora of different subjects from discussions with Into The Night than I ever "learned" from schooling. My grade school was pretty good for the most part, but my high school and college (outside of accounting related courses) were generally quite awful.

Xadoman wrote:
Parents are also going crazy over the grades that their kids are getting from the school. I do not understand why grades matter. Memorizing something from the book could give you a good grade but if you do not understand what you memorized then what is the point of learning it.

I had plenty of fellow classmates like this. Sure, many of them were among the top of my class in terms of GPA, yet they weren't the brightest individuals. They just crammed to get the high GPA. They likely wouldn't've been able to explain the topic a few days later, or be able to apply it in a different way than what they were tested on.

Xadoman wrote:
In comment sections of news about global warming I see physicists who do not understand the laws of thermodynamics and belive in greenhouse effect. How did he get his degree? If he becomes a teacher than the outcome is obvious.

Yup, and I've come across many supposed doctors who don't know their arm from their leg when it comes to immunology and virology... and many nutritionists who don't know a damn thing when it comes to proper nutrition, and on and on...

Xadoman wrote:
Any ideas, opinions, propositions?

Schools, for the most part, have been turned into indoctrination centers, where students are taught what to think instead of how to think, and are preached a leftist political agenda rather than taught math and science, and how to make use of logic and philosophy. For now, I would seek out a trustworthy private school or do home schooling. This always burns my grits though because the property owners who choose to go this route are still directly funding the public indoctrination centers even though they aren't getting any use out of them.
Edited on 27-04-2021 22:22
28-04-2021 00:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)

gfm7175 wrote:I think that schools have been churning out stupid brainwashed non-thinkers for a very long time now, regardless of covid restrictions and distanced "learning" (programming).

Tell me about it. They know nothing and think they are geniuses. They scoff when I tell them that CNN is deliberately misleading them for political purposes. They are certain that Climate Change is thettled thienth.

gfm7175 wrote: Schools, for the most part, have been turned into indoctrination centers, where students are taught what to think instead of how to think, and are preached a leftist political agenda rather than taught math and science, and how to make use of logic and philosophy.

Nail hit on the head.

28-04-2021 06:25
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Since over half, never land that dream job, or achieve the 'success' they were promised, for enduring 12 years of crap education, they get messed up in the head, think they are failures.

Story of my life.

Our current school system presumes every student wants/needs to go to college, to succeed

Back in my time those guys who did not do well in ELEMENTARY school in some class where forced to repeat a grade, often multiple times because of some stubborn teacher did not want to give a positive grade in some subject. I hope this kind of thing is a history but I am not sure about that.
28-04-2021 06:48
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Honestly, I've learned much more about a plethora of different subjects from discussions with Into The Night than I ever "learned" from schooling.

I have to agree , he has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.
Edited on 28-04-2021 07:22
28-04-2021 18:11
(3314)
Xadoman wrote:
Honestly, I've learned much more about a plethora of different subjects from discussions with Into The Night than I ever "learned" from schooling.

I have to agree , he has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.

Indeed.

Obviously, this goes to show that our schools are failing us, and that we continue to allow it to occur.
28-04-2021 18:20
(14450)
gfm7175 wrote:
Xadoman wrote: I have to agree , [Into the Night] has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.
Indeed. Obviously, this goes to show that our schools are failing us, and that we continue to allow it to occur.

I found the above discontinuity to be somewhat amusing.

28-04-2021 19:40
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Xadoman wrote: I have to agree , [Into the Night] has been the best teacher I have ever had. And I do not even know him and have never seen him. He is just a random guy online.
Indeed. Obviously, this goes to show that our schools are failing us, and that we continue to allow it to occur.

I found the above discontinuity to be somewhat amusing.

29-04-2021 07:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21624)
Xadoman wrote:

*humble bow*

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-04-2021 07:59
(14450)

Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

*humble bow*

It looks like you might end up being drafted ... into some elementary or high school. Obviously they'll have to first send you to teacher's boot camp.

29-04-2021 16:43
(3314)
Speaking of schools, what has made me absolutely sick is seeing a couple of public schools in my area putting up "Black Lives Matter" messaging on their school name displays along the road. One is a high school and one is a K-5 elementary school. I'm sure there are plenty more schools in the area doing that, but I just so happen to drive by those two schools more often than I would like to. Such racist messaging is ****ing disgusting as far as I am concerned, and I would never send any child of mine to any racism-promoting far-left indoctrination center like that.
30-04-2021 18:51
(21624)
IBdaMann wrote:

Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

*humble bow*

It looks like you might end up being drafted ... into some elementary or high school. Obviously they'll have to first send you to teacher's boot camp.

I refuse. The last thing I am is politically correct.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-04-2021 22:24
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
I refuse. The last thing I am is politically correct.

Ahhhhh. Obviously you are a racist white supremacist who hates teachers and wants little children to die. [insert leftist roid rage here]

15-05-2021 06:57
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Imagine being a student in the class where the teacher is that retarded:

https://twitter.com/simonelhanna/status/1393273814847565827

On the other hand, maybe this qualifies as a useful experience for young people and prepares them for life because the future life is full of such retards.
Edited on 15-05-2021 07:00
15-05-2021 09:47
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
This went into the wrong thread
Edited on 15-05-2021 09:49
15-05-2021 18:45
(21624)
Xadoman wrote:

On the other hand, maybe this qualifies as a useful experience for young people and prepares them for life because the future life is full of such retards.

I have been in classes where the teacher is that retarded.

It does not really prepare you for a life full of such retards (nothing really does), but it does show that people should be judged on their own merit instead of simply taking anyone's position in authority their word for it.

This women is so imprisoned in her own mind, she will live and eventually die in misery because of it...a victim of her own willing imprisonment.

This student has already learned to stand up for himself, but he didn't learn it from this teacher.

The Parrot Killer

15-05-2021 21:28
(14450)
Xadoman wrote:

Only people with Twitter accounts can see this. I don't have one and you didn't provide any description.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-05-2021 23:27
(21624)
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Only people with Twitter accounts can see this. I don't have one and you didn't provide any description.

It's a video of a very fat teacher berating a teenager for not wearing his mask.

The Parrot Killer

16-05-2021 02:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

It's a video of a very fat teacher berating a teenager for not wearing his mask.

Maybe he was role playing and wanted to be dominated by you? Can you teach him to say "YES IBDM", Oh! God Yes, Give it to me.
16-05-2021 17:43
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Just click on the link , it works. I do not have an account on twitter but the link works for me.
16-05-2021 20:31
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
I have heard that teachers have to make a plan in their subject at least a half a year ahead for each and every lesson they have. Of course for each and every lesson there has to be results and those results have to be also measured with grades. As much as I understand only a principal of the school is interested in those tables. So basically the teachers take the book of the subject and start to make a plan out of it. Does this sound appealing for you? How much time they will eventually have for the children if they need to fill out all of those tables each and every day? My guess is that many of those teachers have been imprisoned in the bureaucracy that is dictated on them by the principal who uses it to control them.
16-05-2021 23:11
(21624)
Xadoman wrote:
I have heard that teachers have to make a plan in their subject at least a half a year ahead for each and every lesson they have. Of course for each and every lesson there has to be results and those results have to be also measured with grades. As much as I understand only a principal of the school is interested in those tables. So basically the teachers take the book of the subject and start to make a plan out of it. Does this sound appealing for you? How much time they will eventually have for the children if they need to fill out all of those tables each and every day? My guess is that many of those teachers have been imprisoned in the bureaucracy that is dictated on them by the principal who uses it to control them.

Curriculum comes from many sources. Typically, a school district will choose the texts it will teach from, and the teachers teach from those texts.

It's not so much teaching, as reading the text to the students, embellishing it their way as they go.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, since instructors of all sorts use this method, including some very successful ones.

It's when an instructor stops teaching and starts preaching, then the line is crossed. It's about when the text is no longer discussing the subject at hand, but imposing social justice crap and political correctness (the old name for 'social justice'), then the text itself becomes the problem.

Any parent examining their kids' textbooks will know what I'm talking about. This junk comes from the NEA (itself unconstitutional) and the Democrats.

So many falsehoods creep into the schools. Some kids figure it out. Some do not. The cost is a nation of illiterates...what is largely seen today.

The Parrot Killer

18-05-2021 17:06
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

I always have to laugh whenever a morbidly obese person starts lecturing others about health care or how others are endangering his/her health.
18-05-2021 21:14
(14450)

gfm7175 wrote:I always have to laugh whenever a morbidly obese person starts lecturing others about health care or how others are endangering his/her health.

You were the one who introduced us to the term "maskhole." This teacher was exactly the kind of maskhole about whom I was thinking when I wrote that response to GasGuzzler that he said made him laugh a bit too hard. The sad part of all this is that I thought I was joking/over-exaggerating. This teacher made my post sound like a "legitimate" response.

19-05-2021 21:46
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I always have to laugh whenever a morbidly obese person starts lecturing others about health care or how others are endangering his/her health.

You were the one who introduced us to the term "maskhole." This teacher was exactly the kind of maskhole about whom I was thinking when I wrote that response to GasGuzzler that he said made him laugh a bit too hard. The sad part of all this is that I thought I was joking/over-exaggerating. This teacher made my post sound like a "legitimate" response.

Indeed. That lady is a perfect example of my 'maskhole' term. And if she's so concerned about health, then she should first take a look at her own morbid obesity before screaming in someone else's face.

It really is an interesting feeling when you think that you're purposely being "completely over the top" yet someone else can make your joke appear as a perfectly legitimate response... That's part of what sucks about trying to educate a liberal... For instance, let's say that I would poke fun at a liberal for how stupid mask wearing is because viruses can just enter through one's eyes.

The liberal response would not be a common sense "Wow, you're right... this mask wearing thing is utterly stupid. Let me just toss this compliance cloth aside and live my life normally again". Instead, it would be more along the lines of "Wow, you're right... we should all be wearing goggles to keep viruses out of our eyes! Protective eye wear mandates!!! Yay!!!!!"
Edited on 19-05-2021 21:54
20-05-2021 01:16
(21624)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Indeed. That lady is a perfect example of my 'maskhole' term. And if she's so concerned about health, then she should first take a look at her own morbid obesity before screaming in someone else's face.

It really is an interesting feeling when you think that you're purposely being "completely over the top" yet someone else can make your joke appear as a perfectly legitimate response... That's part of what sucks about trying to educate a liberal... For instance, let's say that I would poke fun at a liberal for how stupid mask wearing is because viruses can just enter through one's eyes.

The liberal response would not be a common sense "Wow, you're right... this mask wearing thing is utterly stupid. Let me just toss this compliance cloth aside and live my life normally again". Instead, it would be more along the lines of "Wow, you're right... we should all be wearing goggles to keep viruses out of our eyes! Protective eye wear mandates!!! Yay!!!!!"
That teacher has been suspended. She deserved it.

The Parrot Killer

20-05-2021 18:26
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Good. She was being very abusive towards that student. Props to the student for standing his ground and keeping himself composed during her temper tantrum.
20-05-2021 20:56
(21624)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Good. She was being very abusive towards that student. Props to the student for standing his ground and keeping himself composed during her temper tantrum.
No kidding. It's time to people to stand up to these mask nazis.

The Parrot Killer

21-05-2021 00:13
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
No kidding. It's time to people to stand up to these mask nazis.

Agreed. I've seen some parents finally start to become active in school board meetings and make their disdain for the masks loudly heard. I wish that more people would simply refuse to wear a mask to the grocery store and wherever else. One should at least refuse to wear a mask on one's own private time. I also wish that more right-wing localities would openly and forcefully nullify such tyranny.
27-05-2021 17:41
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
What do you think is a correct answer?

8:2(2+2)=
27-05-2021 17:50
(14450)
Xadoman wrote:
What do you think is a correct answer?

8:2(2+2)=

What do you believe you mean by the colon (":")? Is that supposed to be some sort of operation? ... or is this simply question #8 ?

If it is simply question #8 then the answer would appear to be "8."

If this is supposed to be a ratio then 8/2(4)=16

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-05-2021 18:27
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
What do you believe you mean by the colon (":")?

I do not have the right symbol on my keyboard but it supposed to represent division.

The reason I ask for the answer is because many people believe the answer to be 1.
Edited on 27-05-2021 18:34
27-05-2021 19:50
(21624)
Xadoman wrote:

I do not have the right symbol on my keyboard but it supposed to represent division.

The reason I ask for the answer is because many people believe the answer to be 1.

I cannot even imagine how you would get a "1" out of that. Is there some reason for bringing this up?

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 27-05-2021 19:50
27-05-2021 19:55
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

I cannot even imagine how you would get a "1" out of that. Is there some reason for bringing this up?

Lets say the number 8 represents 8 apples.

(2+2) represents a classroom of 2 boys and 2 girls
2(2+2) represents 2 classrooms of 2 boys and 2 girls

8 apples is then divided between 2 classrooms of 2 boys and 2 girls.

Everybody gets 1 apple.
27-05-2021 22:03
(21624)
Xadoman wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Lets say the number 8 represents 8 apples.

(2+2) represents a classroom of 2 boys and 2 girls
2(2+2) represents 2 classrooms of 2 boys and 2 girls

8 apples is then divided between 2 classrooms of 2 boys and 2 girls.

Everybody gets 1 apple.

But that means you are ignoring the division and doing it last. Commutative error. Contextomy fallacy.

That is both a math AND a logic error.

I assume you are speaking of some high school graduate that does this?

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 27-05-2021 22:06
27-05-2021 22:21
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
The reason I brought it up is because people get different answers to the problem. Some of them have been taught in the school that multiplication should be before the division.
27-05-2021 23:50
(21624)
Xadoman wrote:
The reason I brought it up is because people get different answers to the problem. Some of them have been taught in the school that multiplication should be before the division.

Not surprising. I've had to correct the correction papers of college professor teaching math. He just couldn't get his head wrapped around algebra or trigonometry. This clown even fell for the Pythagorean Sucker Theorem (a bad simplification of the Pythagorean Theorem.

Essentially he believed:
Since a^2+b^2=c^2, you can take the square root of everything and simplify it to a+b=c.

And this was a college professor!

With idiots like this teaching in schools, it's no wonder these students are still illiterate upon graduating.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 27-05-2021 23:51
28-05-2021 17:09
(3314)
Xadoman wrote:

Ahhhh, well many people do not understand what the proper order of operations is... When I was in school, I learned it via the acronym 'PEMDAS' --- Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication & Division (from left to right), Addition & Subtraction (from left to right)

Thus, in the case of "8/2(2+2)", the parentheses are done first... 2+2=4... There are no exponents, so we then do multiplication and division (from left to right)... 8/2=4, and 4*4=16, thus the answer is 16, not 1 like many people think it is.

I use the symbol '/' to represent division.

28-05-2021 17:23
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

People get a "1" out of it via the following steps:
[1] 2+2=4
[2] 2*4=8
[3] 8/8=1

IOW, they do everything on the right of the divide symbol before addressing the 8 on the left side of it. They are not following proper order of operations.

I'm not sure why he's bringing this up, unless it's meant to be a specific example of poor education?

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Education system future.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The USA electricity system - Hourly billing.?10802-02-2024 20:52
THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER3109-08-2023 19:29
Climate Change: The Science of Global Warming and Our Energy Future, just $133.79419-02-2023 14:09
The Weather, Climate Change Are Revealing The Truth Of This Corrupt Society System5010-01-2023 16:48
Russia just hacked the US emergency alert system, and in more important news the FBI is001-09-2022 13:50
Articles
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact