Remember me
▼ Content

Church of the Mask -- "Magick Mask Argument"



Page 2 of 3<123>
23-07-2020 00:43
keepit
★★★★☆
(1765)
Harvey,
It's .3 micron, not 3.0 microns. Who have you been getting your information from?
23-07-2020 01:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
It's .3 micron, not 3.0 microns. Who have you been getting your information from?

keepit, you had better get your dyslexia checked.

Masks with a BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) have been tested against particles of size 3.0 µm. To rate as a "medical" mask it has to stop 95% of those 3.0 µm particles.


The coronaflu is 0.12 µm in diameter.

Some good background info:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27540979/

NIOSH published a Federal Register Notice to explore the possibility of incorporating FDA required filtration tests for surgical masks (SMs) in the 42 CFR Part 84 respirator certification process. There have been no published studies comparing the filtration efficiency test methods used for NIOSH certification of N95 filtering facepiece respirators (N95 FFRs) with those used by the FDA for clearance of SMs. To address this issue, filtration efficiencies of "N95 FFRs" including six N95 FFR models and three surgical N95 FFR models, and three SM models were measured using the NIOSH NaCl aerosol test method, and FDA required particulate filtration efficiency (PFE) and bacterial filtration efficiency (BFE) methods, and viral filtration efficiency (VFE) method. Five samples of each model were tested using each method. Both PFE and BFE tests were done using unneutralized particles as per FDA guidance document. PFE was measured using 0.1 µm size polystyrene latex particles and BFE with ∼3.0 µm size particles containing Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. VFE was obtained using ∼3.0 µm size particles containing phiX 174 as the challenge virus and Escherichia coli as the host.



More on BFE

https://www.nelsonlabs.com/testing/bacterial-viral-filtration-efficiency-bfe-vfe/

Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE)
The Bacterial Filtration Efficiency test determines the filtration efficiency by comparing the bacterial control counts to test article effluent counts. The test is conducted using Staphylococcus aureus as the challenge organism. After the filtration media is preconditioned, a liquid suspension of S. aureus is aerosolized and delivered to the filtration media at a constant flow rate of 28.3 liters per minute (LPM) or 1 cubic foot per minute (CFM).

The aerosol droplets are drawn through a six-stage Andersen sampler for collection. The number of bacterial aerosol droplets contacting the filter media is determined by conducting challenge controls without filter medium in the test system. Challenge controls are maintained at 1700 – 3000 colony-forming units (CFU) with a mean particle size (MPS) of 3.0 ± 0.3 µm. This allows filtration efficiencies to be reported up to >99.9%.

The BFE test offers a number of advantages over other filtration efficiency tests. It has been used with little or no modification for years and provides a standard reference for comparison of filtration materials. The mean particle size can be tightly controlled and is sized using a six-stage viable-particle Andersen sampler, permitting stage-by-stage analysis. The BFE procedure is reproducible, and provides a more severe challenge to most filtration devices than would be expected in normal use. Large numbers of material can be evaluated in a relatively short time.



... oh, and keepit, 3.0 µm particles don't pass through holes smaller than 3.0 µm. The holes have to be LARGER than 3.0 µm.



... but I explained all this to you already, and you intentionally ignored it so that it wouldn't interfere in your blatant lying.



.
Attached image:

23-07-2020 01:56
keepit
★★★★☆
(1765)
The 3m medical grade mask has gaps of .3 micron. Not 3.0 microns.
.3 micron is a small enough hole to stop a droplet aerosol and the virion that it contains.
Edited on 23-07-2020 02:15
23-07-2020 01:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
keepit wrote: Harvey, [blatant lying deleted]


Here's the correct answer ... all of the disposable facemasks on Amazon are essentially the same 3-ply masks with BFE ratings between 95-98% (mostly 95%), meaning they are effective at helping to reduce the passage of particles that are ~3.0 μm. Of course we can all figure out how ineffective those masks are at blocking viruses that are ~0.1 μm.

I ran into someone leaving Climate-Debate because he had enough of your chit.
.
Attached image:

23-07-2020 02:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
keepit wrote: The 3m medical grade mask has gaps of .3 micron. Not 3.0 microns.

You've seen me explicitly state that I am discussing the standard disposable facemasks, which are not approved for medical use because they have holes bigger than 3.0 μm.

Once again, everybody you see in public are all wearing these. I knew you couldn't go even a single post being honest.

.
Attached image:


Edited on 23-07-2020 02:04
23-07-2020 18:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
keepit seems to now be filling in the empty void that is tgoebbles... Not to the same quality unfortunately, but hopefully it can tide us over until piddleboy returns.

Meanwhile, the Cult of the Mask reference page is now coming along smoothly for the most part... needs a better picture for Vaccine (as that's just a placeholder for now), but is otherwise coming along smoothly...
Edited on 23-07-2020 18:36
23-07-2020 23:19
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
I can't believe that I completely forgot about this little doozy:

CONTACTLESS DELIVERY: noun
A Cult of the Mask approved method of delivery (typically for pizzas, but works similarly for other items) in which, after the pizza is cooked, an employee touches the pizza to take it out of the oven, touches the pizza to move it to the boxing area, touches the box that the pizza will get placed inside of, touches the pizza to place it into the box that they just got done touching, touches the pizza to slice it, touches the box to enclose the pizza within it, touches the box to put the feel-good "safety seal" sticker onto it... then:

[if you pick the pizza up "curbside"] touches the box to begin carrying it out to your car in the parking lot, touches the entrance/exit door of the building that everyone else has touched time and time again throughout the day, touches the area of your car where you have them set the pizza (potentially even the car door handle),

[if you have the pizza delivered to your house] touches the box to put it into the delivery vehicle, touches the box to set it down by your door,

and voila, "contactless" delivery.
Edited on 23-07-2020 23:20
24-07-2020 03:33
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2727)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
It's .3 micron, not 3.0 microns. Who have you been getting your information from?


WTF are you talking about? I didn't get involved in the size debate. Quote what I wrote, before asking silly questions, though apparently that's the only sort of questions you seem to ask.

I stayed out of it, because it's pointless numbers debate. Particles size is only relevant, if the person is wearing the mask, is doing so properly, and wearing the correct size. You wear the mask one time, and replace with a fresh clean one, everytime you remove one. You don't pull down for a while, or leave it dangle from one ear. You don't take it off, set in on some surface, while you eat lunch, and put the same one back on. But mostly, if you aren't sanitizing your face and hands, before putting on a mask, you are trapping all kinds of crap under the mask. Mask-acne is becoming a thing now. It's not just covid-19, it's covering up an embarrassing zit-face.
24-07-2020 07:10
keepit
★★★★☆
(1765)
Sorry Harvey. Someone quoted you in one of those boxes (that i don't know how to do) and i thought it was you speaking.
24-07-2020 07:19
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
It's .3 micron, not 3.0 microns. Who have you been getting your information from?


WTF are you talking about? I didn't get involved in the size debate. Quote what I wrote, before asking silly questions, though apparently that's the only sort of questions you seem to ask.

I stayed out of it, because it's pointless numbers debate. Particles size is only relevant, if the person is wearing the mask, is doing so properly, and wearing the correct size. You wear the mask one time, and replace with a fresh clean one, everytime you remove one. You don't pull down for a while, or leave it dangle from one ear. You don't take it off, set in on some surface, while you eat lunch, and put the same one back on. But mostly, if you aren't sanitizing your face and hands, before putting on a mask, you are trapping all kinds of crap under the mask. Mask-acne is becoming a thing now. It's not just covid-19, it's covering up an embarrassing zit-face.

Indeed, any moment that one breaks from the "perfect fitting" (such as when one eats, drinks, yawns, scratches an itch on their face, improperly wears a mask, wears a loose fitting mask, takes a break from wearing it to catch their breath, etc...), the filtration abilities of the mask are rendered irrelevant. Yet, even if those conditions are all being met 100% of the time, a mask cannot stop a virus since the pores of the mask are much larger than the diameter of the virus is (like trying to stop a mosquito with a fishing net). Either way, you're ****ed and covid will issue you a death sentence akin to "old sparky"... or so the Cult of the Mask believes, anyway... unless you are a lucky bastard (which well over 99% of the world population currently is)
Edited on 24-07-2020 07:43
24-07-2020 07:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
keepit wrote:
Sorry Harvey. Someone quoted you in one of those boxes (that i don't know how to do) and i thought it was you speaking.

They do it by pressing the "quote" button below the comment that they wish to quote, and then you can see the coding in the box where you type your response. Then, since we know how to do the quote /quote coding, we typically break down responses into more of a line by line format to address each argument individually. Other people prefer to just type out a full response below someone else's full comment.
Edited on 24-07-2020 07:28
24-07-2020 21:35
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
ATTENTION BOYS AND GIRLS

The Cult of the Mask Almanac has finally been completed, pictures and all... My hope is that more content will be added to it in the near future, but the foundation for the exposure of the Cult has definitely been laid.


Enjoy!
Edited on 24-07-2020 21:36
24-07-2020 21:44
keepit
★★★★☆
(1765)
Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.
The masks have many imperfections but they slow down the progress of the covid.
If we're all going to catch it, slowing doesn't mean much in the total scheme of things i guess. If mutation is in the inevitable future of the virus, then slowing doesn't help much either. Slowing does give time for the development of a solution though.
It's kind of like slowing the accumulation of CO2 in the atmosphere. Slowing that definitely gives time for a solution and the mutation.
Edited on 24-07-2020 22:33
24-07-2020 22:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
keepit wrote: Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.

We've had this discussion. Don't confuse the issue with the misuse of colloquial expressions.

keepit wrote: The masks have many imperfections ...

... the huge one being that they are nothing more than a grid of countless portals (holes) that are far too big (> 3.0 μm) to slow down the progress of the COVID (0.1 μm).

keepit wrote: ... but they slow down the progress of the covid.

1. FALSE on account of there not being any COVID threat to "progress"
2. FALSE on account of the holes being far too big (> 3.0 μm) to slow down the progress COVID (0.1 μm) were there actually a COVID threat ... and you are completely aware of this and intentionally lying because you are a dishonest siece of phit.

keepit wrote: Slowing give time for the development of a solution though.

We don't need additional time for any flu season.

keepit wrote: It's kind of like slowing the accumulation of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Which doesn't seem to be happening, since CO2 works its way downward towards the bottom of the atmosphere where all the plants are that greedily eat it up, because CO2 is a heavier molecule than the O2 and the N2.

There is no problem with the COVID-19 levels in the atmosphere either.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-07-2020 23:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
If the other link doesn't work, try this one (as I suspect the visibility of the reference board to be locked to "outsiders" atm)...

Cult of the Mask Almanac
Edited on 24-07-2020 23:37
25-07-2020 01:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13861)
keepit wrote:
Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.

Try English. It works better.
keepit wrote:
The masks have many imperfections but they slow down the progress of the covid.

Masks do not stop a virus. They do not slow down a virus.
keepit wrote:
If we're all going to catch it, slowing doesn't mean much in the total scheme of things i guess.

Why do you think everyone is going to catch it??? Current infection rates are 0.3% of the population. Source: CDC
keepit wrote:
If mutation is in the inevitable future of the virus, then slowing doesn't help much either.

A mutation of Covid19 means it's no longer Covid19.
keepit wrote:
Slowing does give time for the development of a solution though.

Solution to what? An infection rate of 0.3% requires a solution??
keepit wrote:
It's kind of like slowing the accumulation of CO2 in the atmosphere.

CO2 is not accumulating anywhere. It is created, destroyed, and created again. It's part of the carbon cycle.
keepit wrote:
Slowing that definitely gives time for a solution and the mutation.

Solution to what? CO2 doesn't mutate.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-07-2020 06:46
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2727)
keepit wrote:
Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.
The masks have many imperfections but they slow down the progress of the covid.
If we're all going to catch it, slowing doesn't mean much in the total scheme of things i guess. If mutation is in the inevitable future of the virus, then slowing doesn't help much either. Slowing does give time for the development of a solution though.
It's kind of like slowing the accumulation of CO2 in the atmosphere. Slowing that definitely gives time for a solution and the mutation.


We just need to let nature take it's course, instead of wasting time and resources, praying for a miracle. About 97% of the population can survive Covid-19, and most respiratory infections, without needing to go through the ICU, or even medical assistance. The more people with antibodies, the slower a virus can move through a population. There are a lot of other viruses all around us, besides Covid-19. There are always going to be people dying from respiratory infections. Hiding in the basement isn't living.

Viruses don't just vanish, they stop being transmitted quickly, because most people have the antibodies to quickly stop them from reproducing, to infect other people. Antibodies can't get to work, unless the individual gets infected. People with immunity, still get re-infected. The infection never gets bad enough to show noticeable symptoms. They are briefly contagious, just barely though. Takes longer for the virus to find a host, that doesn't have antibodies. While we are fooling around with slowing Covid-19, we are are also slowing all viruses. It's normal and necessary for the population to occasionally get sick, and produce antibodies. Without herd immunity, all viruses run rampant, lot more people die.

There is no magic cure, vaccines are never 100% safe and effective (read the paper, when you get your flu shot this year). Treatments will help extreme cases, if caught early. People will still wait, and only go to the ER as a last resort, often a day or two late. We have medicines to relieve symptoms, but nothing cures a viral infection. Antivirals prevent the virus from reproducing, long as you keep taking them. The search for a cure of the common cold, has been going on for centuries... Do your really believe a cure for Covid-19 will be found in your lifetime? Your best bet, is to wear a mask, and hide in your basement.
25-07-2020 07:37
keepit
★★★★☆
(1765)
Harvey,
Keep these in mind. There is evidence showing up that reinfection is occurring within weeks to months after the first infection. More time will tell.
Also, there is evidence that covid infection causes damage to the brain, the kidneys, and the blood vessels. Generally speaking these organs aren't known to heal so be afraid, be very afraid. I'm only trying to help with this note of caution.
25-07-2020 07:41
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
gfm7175 wrote:
ATTENTION BOYS AND GIRLS

The Cult of the Mask Almanac has finally been completed, pictures and all... My hope is that more content will be added to it in the near future, but the foundation for the exposure of the Cult has definitely been laid.


Enjoy!

Excellent work.

I added an entry. You can remove it if you don't like it but I felt it was missing and needed to be included.

COVID Death: noun
A death by any cause whatsoever whereby the deceased is claimed by someone/anyone to have had any of a long list of symptoms that could potentially be indications of possible COVID-19 infection. This does not mean that the death was caused by, exacerbated by, accelerated by or even made more likely by the COVID virus. A COVID death is not a death from COVID but is rather a death with possible COVID. No testing for COVID is required for the "COVID Death" determination to be made, nor is any sort of confirmation of COVID presence within the deceased; it is sufficient that some symptoms merely be anecdotally reported for the hospital or other medical facility to receive [s]incentive[/s] assistance funding for reporting higher numbers of COVID deaths that aid the WHO in spreading panic and ultimately in achieving their victory condition.
.
Attached image:

25-07-2020 18:00
keepit
★★★★☆
(1765)
Don't worry so much.
Edited on 25-07-2020 18:32
25-07-2020 18:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
keepit wrote: Don't worry so much.

... says the hypochondriac who is absolutely PARANOID over last year's flu season.

Are you still thinking about destroying economies as a "test"? Are you still hoping I'll sign up to pay for it?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-07-2020 19:22
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2727)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Keep these in mind. There is evidence showing up that reinfection is occurring within weeks to months after the first infection. More time will tell.
Also, there is evidence that covid infection causes damage to the brain, the kidneys, and the blood vessels. Generally speaking these organs aren't known to heal so be afraid, be very afraid. I'm only trying to help with this note of caution.


Covid-19 tests are only about 70% accurate, there is a lot of room for errors, between sample collection, lab test, and reporting the result. The over whelming volume of test going through the labs, introduce a lot of potential human error.

We are a little more than 6 months into this epidemic, a the main focus has been on treatment, vaccines, and controlling the spread. The side issues haven't been studied thoroughly (takes years). Most of your alarming observations, or mainly research pointing out things they want grant money, to do the studies. Most of the damage you are stating, is actually common for patients, who spend weeks in the ICU, regardless of reason for being there. Laying in bed, is very bad for blood circulation, and potential for blood clots.

Very few autopsy are ordered, or requested. They aren't allowed to just slice up bodies, out of curiosity, or just for fun. Some patients do sign releases, that allow for research. Underlying, preexisting medical issues, is a main issue with majority of the fatalities. Tough call, on how much Covid-19 help speed up the inevitable demise. ICU is rough, and extreme, causes some acceptable damage, to save the life. The 'I' stands for INTENSIVE, they don't sweat the small stuff, the focus is on saving the life first. They can deal with the mess later, maybe give you some meds.

There are few young/healthy deaths from Covid-19 to work with. Working with old, messed up victims, who were basically F.B.R. for years, is going to take literally years to sort out, and confirm that it was the virus, and no other cause, for all the crap you listed.
25-07-2020 21:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13861)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Keep these in mind. There is evidence showing up that reinfection is occurring within weeks to months after the first infection. More time will tell.

Nope. Viruses don't work that way. You are fear mongering and making shit up.
keepit wrote:
Also, there is evidence that covid infection causes damage to the brain, the kidneys, and the blood vessels.

Nope. Fear mongering and making shit up.
keepit wrote:
Generally speaking these organs aren't known to heal so be afraid, be very afraid.

Fear mongering.
keepit wrote:
I'm only trying to help with this note of caution.

Nope. You are fear mongering and making shit up.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-07-2020 22:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
keepit wrote: Don't worry so much.


Did you hear the joke about the submarine with screen doors?

Did you hear the joke about the guy wearing the disposable facemask for COVID?




.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-07-2020 00:52
James___
★★★★★
(3451)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Don't worry so much.


Did you hear the joke about the submarine with screen doors?

Did you hear the joke about the guy wearing the disposable facemask for COVID?




.



I've heard the joke about submarines. They don't have screen doors. If they had one, everyone would drown.
26-07-2020 01:13
keepit
★★★★☆
(1765)
IBD, ITN, gfm,
You guys do realize trump is recommending masks now don't you? Not that he's an expert but someone told him to jump on the mask bandwagon.
Personally, i'm more enthusiastic about social distancing.
26-07-2020 01:44
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Keep these in mind. There is evidence showing up that reinfection is occurring within weeks to months after the first infection. More time will tell.
Also, there is evidence that covid infection causes damage to the brain, the kidneys, and the blood vessels. Generally speaking these organs aren't known to heal so be afraid, be very afraid. I'm only trying to help with this note of caution.

Are you saying that you have covid?
26-07-2020 01:51
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
ATTENTION BOYS AND GIRLS

The Cult of the Mask Almanac has finally been completed, pictures and all... My hope is that more content will be added to it in the near future, but the foundation for the exposure of the Cult has definitely been laid.


Enjoy!

Excellent work.

I added an entry. You can remove it if you don't like it but I felt it was missing and needed to be included.

COVID Death: noun
A death by any cause whatsoever whereby the deceased is claimed by someone/anyone to have had any of a long list of symptoms that could potentially be indications of possible COVID-19 infection. This does not mean that the death was caused by, exacerbated by, accelerated by or even made more likely by the COVID virus. A COVID death is not a death from COVID but is rather a death with possible COVID. No testing for COVID is required for the "COVID Death" determination to be made, nor is any sort of confirmation of COVID presence within the deceased; it is sufficient that some symptoms merely be anecdotally reported for the hospital or other medical facility to receive [s]incentive[/s] assistance funding for reporting higher numbers of COVID deaths that aid the WHO in spreading panic and ultimately in achieving their victory condition.
.

Thanks. I am very pleased with that entry. I subsequently amended my "number of deaths" entry (removed the explanation of the death calculation and instead referred readers to your COVID DEATH entry for further details), among making other small changes/updates to some of my other entries.

I'm very pleased with how this informative almanac has turned out, especially with your encouragement to "let 'em have it"...
26-07-2020 02:02
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Keep these in mind. There is evidence showing up that reinfection is occurring within weeks to months after the first infection. More time will tell.
Also, there is evidence that covid infection causes damage to the brain, the kidneys, and the blood vessels. Generally speaking these organs aren't known to heal so be afraid, be very afraid. I'm only trying to help with this note of caution.


Covid-19 tests are only about 70% accurate, there is a lot of room for errors, between sample collection, lab test, and reporting the result. The over whelming volume of test going through the labs, introduce a lot of potential human error.

We are a little more than 6 months into this epidemic, a the main focus has been on treatment, vaccines, and controlling the spread. The side issues haven't been studied thoroughly (takes years). Most of your alarming observations, or mainly research pointing out things they want grant money, to do the studies. Most of the damage you are stating, is actually common for patients, who spend weeks in the ICU, regardless of reason for being there. Laying in bed, is very bad for blood circulation, and potential for blood clots.

Very few autopsy are ordered, or requested. They aren't allowed to just slice up bodies, out of curiosity, or just for fun. Some patients do sign releases, that allow for research. Underlying, preexisting medical issues, is a main issue with majority of the fatalities. Tough call, on how much Covid-19 help speed up the inevitable demise. ICU is rough, and extreme, causes some acceptable damage, to save the life. The 'I' stands for INTENSIVE, they don't sweat the small stuff, the focus is on saving the life first. They can deal with the mess later, maybe give you some meds.

There are few young/healthy deaths from Covid-19 to work with. Working with old, messed up victims, who were basically F.B.R. for years, is going to take literally years to sort out, and confirm that it was the virus, and no other cause, for all the crap you listed.

Meanwhile, here in Wisconsin, in the uber liberal Dane County, it was just found out that the tyrants here didn't add 17,000 negative test results to their data when reporting on the latest infection rates. The Marxist local news is pushing this breaking story under the rug as a "catching up on testing backlog"...

I call bullshit... You tyrants purposely didn't include those test results in your data, until you got caught and called out on it, in order to keep pushing your "rising infection rates" in your 'Two Minutes Hate' sermons... ... liars ... I bet this sort of thing is going on all across the country too...
Edited on 26-07-2020 02:22
26-07-2020 02:07
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
IBdaMann wrote:
Did you hear the joke about the submarine with screen doors?

Nope, but I did hear about the dude who tried to stop mosquitoes with a fishing net...

IBdaMann wrote:
Did you hear the joke about the guy wearing the disposable facemask for COVID?

Yup! That joke never gets old...
26-07-2020 02:17
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
keepit wrote:
IBD, ITN, gfm,
You guys do realize trump is recommending masks now don't you?

I have no idea what he recommends, nor do I care. I can think for myself. Just as I am fully aware that a fishing net can't stop mosquitoes, I am likewise fully aware that a disposable mask can't stop COVID-19.

keepit wrote:
Not that he's an expert but someone told him to jump on the mask bandwagon.

See above.

keepit wrote:
Personally, i'm more enthusiastic about social distancing.

I assume that this is what you are talking about??

SOCIAL DISTANCING: noun
A core tenet of the Cult of the Mask, the continuous effort to stay at least six feet apart from all other human beings at all times (aka, the hardcore version of "cooties" for adults) is believed to ward off the infection of COVID-19 and his mutations until the future arrival of Vaccine on Earth.

If you happen to get "cooties" on this difficulty setting, it's GAME OVER... NO DO-OVERS!!!


For a start, keep one cow apart... **sigh**
Attached image:


Edited on 26-07-2020 02:20
26-07-2020 06:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:Personally, i'm more enthusiastic about social distancing.
I assume that this is what you are talking about??


SOCIAL DISTANCING: noun
A core tenet of the Cult of the Mask, the continuous effort to stay at least six feet apart from all other human beings at all times (aka, the hardcore version of "cooties" for adults) is believed to ward off the infection of COVID-19 and his mutations until the future arrival of Vaccine on Earth.


This is good, however I would encourage you to modify this definition to explain social distancing in context, i.e.

"social distancing is an official, tangible guideline, similar to the base path in baseball, delineating how players can avoid penalties and fouls; encroachment over the social distancing "line of scrimmage" could get you called for a technical foul or even get you ejected,



... however staying within social distancing guidelines keeps you in the game.



gfm7175 wrote: For a start, keep one cow apart... **sigh**

How is that possible? Don't you need at least two cows in order to keep them apart?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-07-2020 23:19
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1875)
After reading through this thread, unless I missed I something it appears that we have slipped up.

I don't believe we have actually defined "mask".

I'll give it a go. Anyone should feel free to polish it up.

Mask. A buzzgarment worn across the mouth and nose, mostly used by the faithful and fearful members of the church of covid. Wearing a mask offers no medical benefit against covid, as it is comparable to a spaghetti strainer stopping water.

The mask is however, quite useful as a symbol of fear.
When faithfully worn by the masses in public, it offers up the message to all that "everything in Trumpland is terrible "

Other uses of mask wearing in public may include hiding ones identity during a peaceful protest, or others may don the mask simply to follow unconstitutional law and avoid civil penalties.
Edited on 26-07-2020 23:31
27-07-2020 02:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7581)
GasGuzzler wrote:
After reading through this thread, unless I missed I something it appears that we have slipped up.

I don't believe we have actually defined "mask".

I'll give it a go. Anyone should feel free to polish it up.

Mask. A buzzgarment worn across the mouth and nose, mostly used by the faithful and fearful members of the church of covid. Wearing a mask offers no medical benefit against covid, as it is comparable to a spaghetti strainer stopping water.

The mask is however, quite useful as a symbol of fear.
When faithfully worn by the masses in public, it offers up the message to all that "everything in Trumpland is terrible "

Other uses of mask wearing in public may include hiding ones identity during a peaceful protest, or others may don the mask simply to follow unconstitutional law and avoid civil penalties.


Thank you GasGuzzler. That's some excellent input.

I can tell you that Into the Night actually entered a definition for "Mask" ... and then it was gone. He had asked me to find an appropriate image to accompany his definition, but by the time I went to insert the image, the definition was gone.

In any event, I believe that "Mask" and "Social Distancing" need to be mentioned as the "two pillars" of rules of the game that must be obeyed to avoid the penalty box.

Some people have felt free to become creative with their facemasks in absence of any medical concerns:










We all need to remember that there's a game to be played here.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-07-2020 04:30
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2727)
27-07-2020 10:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13861)
keepit wrote:
IBD, ITN, gfm,
You guys do realize trump is recommending masks now don't you?

Irrelevant. Masks do not stop a virus.
keepit wrote:
Not that he's an expert but someone told him to jump on the mask bandwagon.

Irrelevant.
keepit wrote:
Personally, i'm more enthusiastic about social distancing.

6 feet does not stop a virus.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-07-2020 18:36
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:Personally, i'm more enthusiastic about social distancing.
I assume that this is what you are talking about??


SOCIAL DISTANCING: noun
A core tenet of the Cult of the Mask, the continuous effort to stay at least six feet apart from all other human beings at all times (aka, the hardcore version of "cooties" for adults) is believed to ward off the infection of COVID-19 and his mutations until the future arrival of Vaccine on Earth.


This is good, however I would encourage you to modify this definition to explain social distancing in context, i.e.

"social distancing is an official, tangible guideline, similar to the base path in baseball, delineating how players can avoid penalties and fouls; encroachment over the social distancing "line of scrimmage" could get you called for a technical foul or even get you ejected,



... however staying within social distancing guidelines keeps you in the game.

I like it. I have now added it (with a very slight modification/addition) to The Almanac.


IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: For a start, keep one cow apart... **sigh**

How is that possible? Don't you need at least two cows in order to keep them apart?

.

**shaking my head** There you go again with that "logic" nonsense...
27-07-2020 20:16
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1331)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
After reading through this thread, unless I missed I something it appears that we have slipped up.

I don't believe we have actually defined "mask".

I'll give it a go. Anyone should feel free to polish it up.

Mask. A buzzgarment worn across the mouth and nose, mostly used by the faithful and fearful members of the church of covid. Wearing a mask offers no medical benefit against covid, as it is comparable to a spaghetti strainer stopping water.

The mask is however, quite useful as a symbol of fear.
When faithfully worn by the masses in public, it offers up the message to all that "everything in Trumpland is terrible "

Other uses of mask wearing in public may include hiding ones identity during a peaceful protest, or others may don the mask simply to follow unconstitutional law and avoid civil penalties.


Thank you GasGuzzler. That's some excellent input.

I can tell you that Into the Night actually entered a definition for "Mask" ... and then it was gone. He had asked me to find an appropriate image to accompany his definition, but by the time I went to insert the image, the definition was gone.

In any event, I believe that "Mask" and "Social Distancing" need to be mentioned as the "two pillars" of rules of the game that must be obeyed to avoid the penalty box.

Some people have felt free to become creative with their facemasks in absence of any medical concerns:










We all need to remember that there's a game to be played here.

.

Good input indeed... I have now altered "ceremonial garb", removed "ceremonial garb wearing", and have added an entry entitled "THE MASK" [right above the social distancing entry] of which needs an image or images for it and needs my filler definition for it to be fleshed out more.
29-07-2020 01:36
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2727)
Somebody ought to go high tech, and do one to cover the whole head, with environmental controls, maybe an oxygen concentrator, blinking lights. Maybe some UV-C LEDs, to kill off biological crap coming in, going out. Some sort of hydration/nutrient tube/pump. Should be popular with the older folks, almost zero chance of being infected. Probably could be done, for just a couple hundred dollars in parts and materials. Backpack to carry batteries, some of the weightier components, even a nice 'green' solar panel to 'extend' battery charge. Imagine the profit potential would be huge, even if the Chinese ripped-off the idea. How could anyone prove the got infected, while wearing such head gear? Have to take it off occasionally.
29-07-2020 01:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13861)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Somebody ought to go high tech, and do one to cover the whole head, with environmental controls, maybe an oxygen concentrator, blinking lights. Maybe some UV-C LEDs, to kill off biological crap coming in, going out. Some sort of hydration/nutrient tube/pump. Should be popular with the older folks, almost zero chance of being infected. Probably could be done, for just a couple hundred dollars in parts and materials. Backpack to carry batteries, some of the weightier components, even a nice 'green' solar panel to 'extend' battery charge. Imagine the profit potential would be huge, even if the Chinese ripped-off the idea. How could anyone prove the got infected, while wearing such head gear? Have to take it off occasionally.


Oh...and blue blinking LEDs to show it's working. Gotta have blue blinking LEDs.



The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Page 2 of 3<123>





Join the debate Church of the Mask -- "Magick Mask Argument":

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Church of Global Warming is Doomed510-02-2020 18:12
Church of Global Warming Community630-10-2019 19:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus8826-09-2019 05:49
The only straw the Church of AGW can grasp is Venus and Mercury418-09-2019 22:37
Argument against AGW science314-08-2019 20:51
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact