Remember me
▼ Content

Zombie apocolypse

Page 6 of 6<<<456
07-11-2020 22:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
tmiddles wrote: Well that makes it easy to rest comforatably in your own conclusions.

Thinking for oneself has that effect.

tmiddles wrote:If information contradicts you? Well it's bogus right?

Absolutely. When I find an error in Wikipedia I point it out. You, on the other hand, are absolutely required to believe that all errors are the gospel truth and that you must be in error. This is why you are so gullible and so easily manipulated. This is why you are such a shitty person who thinks that if one's skin is sufficiently dark that he is right to loot, to vandalize and to kill. This is why you think it is perfectly OK to lie, because others who do your thinking for you tell you that it's all OK.

It must really suck to be you.

tmiddles wrote: [total EVASION deleted]

You're a loser and a liar.

Let me know when something changes.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-11-2020 22:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,
Do you get paid for that kind of talk or is that just you?
07-11-2020 22:22
(14416)
keepit wrote: IBD, Do you get paid for that kind of talk or is that just you?

keepit, did you get paid to drop out of school as well? Are you receiving ignorance welfare whose checks will be cut off if you are caught learning something?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-11-2020 23:20
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
tmiddles wrote:...PH changes due to AGW are, in theory, really small...
duncan61 wrote:
Does this mean the acidification of the sea is not bleaching the coral or dissolving seashells
Yes it does.
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the NOAA Lînk and that's exactly the rubbish they spread.
No it's not. They referred to a hypothetical 2100 environment and not the present when the talked about shells dissolving. Also they referred to a experiment they actually conducted. So it that "rubbish"?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
08-11-2020 01:43
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The opening quote

In the 200-plus years since the industrial revolution began, the concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere has increased due to human actions. During this time, the pH of surface ocean waters has fallen by 0.1 pH units. This might not sound like much, but the pH scale is logarithmic, so this change represents approximately a 30 percent increase in acidity.

Have you personaly seen the data showing the Ocean PH from 200 years ago
Why is it 8.4 at my place but not some where else,Where is it not 8.4

My favorite work of fiction

Ocean acidification is already impacting many ocean species, especially organisms like oysters and corals that make hard shells and skeletons by combining calcium and carbonate from seawater. However, as ocean acidification increases, available carbonate ions (CO32-) bond with excess hydrogen, resulting in fewer carbonate ions available for calcifying organisms to build and maintain their shells, skeletons, and other calcium carbonate structures. If the pH gets too low, shells and skeletons can even begin to dissolve.

The pteropod, or "sea butterfly," is a tiny sea snail about the size of a small pea. Pteropods are an important part of many food webs and eaten by organisms ranging in size from tiny krill to whales. When pteropod shells were placed in sea water with pH and carbonate levels projected for the year 2100, the shells slowly dissolved after 45 days. Researchers have already discovered severe levels of pteropod shell dissolutionoffsite link in the Southern Ocean, which encircles Antarctica.

I am reading the snails were put in acid and dissolved.O.K. we knew that was going to happen if you boil them they will cook.Then it is claimed that this will be the state of the ocean in 2100.I have a high level of confidence CO2 concentration will stabilize or reduce between now and then.Where I live we are going to be zero emmisions by 2024.My favorite bit is although it is a projection for 2100 there is a claim the pteropods are dissolving in the Southern ocean already.Can you see why the eyebrows go up a bit
08-11-2020 01:57
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
It's a little amusing that some critters can on live, in just one small area of ocean, under very narrow conditions. And some creatures, can only eat one thing. The oceans are huge, critters move around, and find the places that best suit there needs to survive. Why would you move, if you have everything you could want or need? Why would you stay in a deadly place, with no food? I know if I can't get the food I wanted, I'll still find something to eat, and survive.

I don't really understand why some people are ashamed to be human beings, and blame the species for everything nature does normally. We just don't have that much influence over the planet.
08-11-2020 02:00
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I would like to see the PH levels of everywhere and find where the PH is less than 8.3 measured by independants.
08-11-2020 02:44
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I will recap.If the PH of the oceans and seas remain at 8.4-8.3 and CO2 remains at or around 400ppm the problem will not happen,The snails will not dissolve and all will be good.

Puerulus settlement index
Western Australia's Western Rock Lobster Fishery has received international acknowledgement as one of the best managed and most sustainable in the world.

The fishery is one of a handful in Australia where a long-term scientific program has provided sufficient detailed information to predict catches up to four years in advance.

The scientific program also provides estimates of breeding stock levels, and a range of information on natural variations in the fishery as it responds to both fishing activity and environmental variations.

Crucial to predicting catches is a monthly sampling program that looks at the abundance of late larval-stage lobsters (puerulus) settling on inshore reefs along the west coast mainly between August and January each year. This puerulus settlement index has always shown a strong correlation with catches of lobsters three and four years later.

Environmental factors such as the strength of the Leeuwin Current, winter/spring westerly wind patterns and water temperatures play an important role in determining the survival and settlement of larval lobsters. Another important factor is the health of the rock lobster breeding stock.

We have been having bumper seasons for Western rock lobster for at least a decade.The (puerulus) do not seem to be dissolving
08-11-2020 04:42
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Thank you for this link Tmiddles https://www.noaa.gov/education/resource-collections/ocean-coasts/ocean-acidification.I used it to navigate around and do some research.The first PH readings were taken in 1909 and the ocean in 1910 so not sure how its known what it was 200 years ago.Also the readings taken pre 1990 are not reliable due to not knowing if they were in situ or at a lab in a controlled enviroment.Temperature alters the readings.Once again it is a theory based on science however the real world is not the same
learning08-11-2020 05:20
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I will learn to post photos
Edited on 08-11-2020 05:21
08-11-2020 06:02
(5197)
Isn't the magic number 7.0, for neutral? 8.3 pH would be basic, not acid. How could acid ocean water be screwing with shellfish, if it's still basic? Carbonic acid isn't even a strong acid. Think you'd have to carbonate the oceans, like a can of beer, and still barely get close to neutral.
08-11-2020 11:16
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Isn't the magic number 7.0, for neutral? 8.3 pH would be basic, not acid. How could acid ocean water be screwing with shellfish, if it's still basic? Carbonic acid isn't even a strong acid. Think you'd have to carbonate the oceans, like a can of beer, and still barely get close to neutral.

Yeah the vocabulary choices suck.

The carbonic acid isn't dissolving the shells as an acid at all. It is reducing the availability of carbonate ions which are used to make shells.

"When CO2 from the atmosphere combines with water, it produces carbonic acid (the ingredient that gives soft drinks their fizz) and decreases carbonate ions, a key building block of marine animals' shells."
https://www.discovermagazine.com/environment/ocean-acidification-a-global-case-of-osteoporosis

But this is a real experiment at ph 7.8 which is tossed around as a possible 2100 ocean surface PH:

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 08-11-2020 11:20
08-11-2020 18:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:... the election must have been rigged.
2. Russia!...

No one believes Russia is so powerful they can erase all evidence of their activities (they were caught after all).

Caught doing what? Russia can't interfere in US elections.
tmiddles wrote:
So you that doesn't fit the model at all.

But it does. According to Democrats, the evil villain is Trump.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-11-2020 18:25
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:...Al Gore...."data" is purely manufactured.

This is where it get's sort of amazing. You, GasGuzzler, believe that Al Gore has so much power he's able to "manufacture" data and get away with it?
Yes. Any idiot can manufacture data.
tmiddles wrote:
Now keep in mind that you don't only claim that Earth data was "manufactured" but that data on Venus was as well.
YOU are manufacturing data right now.
tmiddles wrote:
Not to mention Denver.
Again, manufactured data.
tmiddles wrote:
So to sum up:
There is no data that was not manufactured which might contradict your conspiracy theory that AGW is not occurring.
Define 'global warming'. You can't have a theory about what you can't define. Attempted force of negative proof fallacy. Buzzword fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
That about right?

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-11-2020 18:28
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...PH changes due to AGW are, in theory, really small...
duncan61 wrote:
Does this mean the acidification of the sea is not bleaching the coral or dissolving seashells
Yes it does.

It is not possible to acidify an alkaline. The pH of the oceans is unknown.
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I went to the NOAA Lînk and that's exactly the rubbish they spread.
No it's not. They referred to a hypothetical 2100 environment and not the present when the talked about shells dissolving. Also they referred to a experiment they actually conducted. So it that "rubbish"?

Yes. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

08-11-2020 18:30
(21600)
duncan61 wrote:
Thank you for this link Tmiddles https://www.noaa.gov/education/resource-collections/ocean-coasts/ocean-acidification.I used it to navigate around and do some research.The first PH readings were taken in 1909 and the ocean in 1910 so not sure how its known what it was 200 years ago.Also the readings taken pre 1990 are not reliable due to not knowing if they were in situ or at a lab in a controlled enviroment.Temperature alters the readings.Once again it is a theory based on science however the real world is not the same

It is not based on science. Science uses no supporting evidence. The theory is not falsifiable, a requirement of any theory of science.

The Parrot Killer

08-11-2020 18:34
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Most CO2 simply dissolves in the ocean and remains CO2. Think soda pop. It also vents from the ocean. Think soda pop going flat. This is an equilibrium reaction. The point of equilibrium does move up and down some as temperature changes.

A very small amount of dissolved CO2 becomes carbonic acid. Carbonic also becomes dissolved CO2. This is again an equilibrium reaction. The remaining water buffers the reaction, so no detectable change in pH is really possible.

The pH varies from place to place in the oceans. The pH of the oceans as a global total is unknown. It is not possible to measure it. There are not enough monitoring stations reading it at the same time (time is significant, as pH can vary through the day at a location).

The Parrot Killer

08-11-2020 18:39
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Yeah the vocabulary choices suck.

The carbonic acid isn't dissolving the shells as an acid at all. It is reducing the availability of carbonate ions which are used to make shells.

Carbonic acid is actually required for shellfish to make shells. It helps to dissolve calcium deposits in the ocean into solution. Without it, there is no calcium in solution for shellfish to make shells from.
tmiddles wrote:
"When CO2 from the atmosphere combines with water, it produces carbonic acid (the ingredient that gives soft drinks their fizz) and decreases carbonate ions, a key building block of marine animals' shells."
https://www.discovermagazine.com/environment/ocean-acidification-a-global-case-of-osteoporosis

Discover Magazine is wrong. Carbonic acid does not produce the fizz in sodas. Carbon dioxide does.
tmiddles wrote:
But this is a real experiment at ph 7.8 which is tossed around as a possible 2100 ocean surface PH:

Manufactured data. NOAA has no data, and neither does NASA. False authority fallacy.

False authorities. Denial of math. Denial of acid-base chemistry.

The Parrot Killer

10-11-2020 16:53
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
2. Russia!...

No one believes Russia is so powerful they can erase all evidence of their activities (they were caught after all)...

Can't anyone potentially commit voter fraud?

Why would you claim a Russian is somehow incapable of doing that ITN?
10-11-2020 18:05
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
2. Russia!...

No one believes Russia is so powerful they can erase all evidence of their activities (they were caught after all)...

Can't anyone potentially commit voter fraud?

Why would you claim a Russian is somehow incapable of doing that ITN?

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

13-11-2020 17:19
BrittanyG
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Was'nt the original post about a zombie apocalypse? I thought I will get to see some interesting insights. But the discussion seems to have gone completely off topic. Anyway, these days they have phone apps for everything. Weather apps like climacell n all can detect pollen, air quality etc etc. I read somewhere that an iPhone app can detect poisonous gases. Wonder if they can come up with an app that can detect zombies and zombie viruses
13-11-2020 20:02
(5197)
BrittanyG wrote:
Was'nt the original post about a zombie apocalypse? I thought I will get to see some interesting insights. But the discussion seems to have gone completely off topic. Anyway, these days they have phone apps for everything. Weather apps like climacell n all can detect pollen, air quality etc etc. I read somewhere that an iPhone app can detect poisonous gases. Wonder if they can come up with an app that can detect zombies and zombie viruses

Zombie Apocalypse, is just phantom fears. Usually fueled by the media, or politics. Anything that doesn't exist, or there really isn't anything we can do to alter the outcome.
14-11-2020 07:39
(14416)
HarveyH55 wrote:Zombie Apocalypse, is just phantom fears.

... and it's always about something unverifiable, i.e. invisible, e.g. viruses, Climate, "unfettered capitalism", systemic racism, etc...

HarveyH55 wrote: Usually fueled by the media, or politics.

ALWAYS fueled by the media, or politics.

14-11-2020 07:40
(14416)
BrittanyG wrote: Wonder if they can come up with an app that can detect zombies and zombie viruses

Let me know when they come up with an app that can find the Global Climate.

14-11-2020 15:48
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Zombie Apocalypse, is just phantom fears.

... and it's always about something unverifiable, i.e. invisible, e.g. viruses, Climate, "unfettered capitalism", systemic racism, etc...

HarveyH55 wrote: Usually fueled by the media, or politics.

ALWAYS fueled by the media, or politics.

Not always, some people do it for fun and profit. Shady mechanics, car dealers do in it all the time, to sell crap that either doesn't exist, or you don't really need. Insurance salesmen sell you coverage that you won't actually ever use, while steering you away from coverage you really do need.
Page 6 of 6<<<456

Join the debate Zombie apocolypse:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Greenland: Zombie Apocalpse Happening NOW!!!105-09-2022 05:02
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact