Remember me
▼ Content

Why fight climate change? Isn't it natures way of limiting population?

Page 1 of 212>
Why fight climate change? Isn't it natures way of limiting population?23-10-2018 04:51
Diesel burner
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
So I'm sure this isn't a popular point of view but global warming is a good thing because there are way too many people on earth to be sustainable and mother nature is going to fix that. Why try and stop her?

I'm not just a troll,
seriously humans are not going to stop breeding till there is mass starvation and even then they won't stop.
24-10-2018 12:18
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Diesel burner wrote:
So I'm sure this isn't a popular point of view but global warming is a good thing because there are way too many people on earth to be sustainable and mother nature is going to fix that. Why try and stop her?

I'm not just a troll,
seriously humans are not going to stop breeding till there is mass starvation and even then they won't stop.

There is no real problem with over population. This is an evil myth.

The degree to which humans can grow food increases with the level of wealth of the population concearned. That is we can grow enough food in the UK for the population it has. That is a staggering amount of food, enough for the 60+ million people here given that pre-industrial population of less than 10% of that often starved.

More humans on the planet means more humans to trade with. The richer they all are the better for you as they will want to buy your stuff, whatever it is you do to make your living. And the cheaper the stuff you want will be because of the drop in price when things are mass produced. Be they goods such as coffee cups or services such as telecommunications.
24-10-2018 19:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Diesel burner wrote:

I'm not just a troll,

There is no real problem with over population. This is an evil myth.

The degree to which humans can grow food increases with the level of wealth of the population concearned. That is we can grow enough food in the UK for the population it has. That is a staggering amount of food, enough for the 60+ million people here given that pre-industrial population of less than 10% of that often starved.

More humans on the planet means more humans to trade with. The richer they all are the better for you as they will want to buy your stuff, whatever it is you do to make your living. And the cheaper the stuff you want will be because of the drop in price when things are mass produced. Be they goods such as coffee cups or services such as telecommunications.

Absolutely correct. Humans are assets too, not just liabilities.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-10-2018 10:58
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
Overpopulation causes many problems, easier for diseases to spread, causes huge amounts of stress and conflict, lowers wages, decimates environments, the Earth is not ours we share it with many other species, which we are now causing the mass extinction of, just because you can have billions of Humans doesn't mean you should.
25-10-2018 11:01
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
"Humans are a plague on the Earth" to quote David Attenborough.
25-10-2018 19:27
(21552)
noutopia wrote:
Overpopulation causes many problems, easier for diseases to spread, causes huge amounts of stress and conflict, lowers wages, decimates environments, the Earth is not ours we share it with many other species, which we are now causing the mass extinction of, just because you can have billions of Humans doesn't mean you should.

Want to reduce the human population? You first.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-10-2018 21:40
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
noutopia wrote:

Then we can get rid of those who are traitors to humanity.

Criteria sould include holding beliefs which have no real justification about killing vast numbers of humans.

You fit the bill.

This drivel you spout is evil and 100% wrong.

There have been far less mass disease outbreaks in the last 50 years than ever. those which have happened, Ebola, SARS, AIDs etc have been contained and dealt with extremely effectively. They have not rocked the boat at all for the rich world.

This is down to us being in a position of having so much wealth we can afford to have specialialist disease control infrastructure, planning, research, responce and all the rest. This is a product of number of humans x wealth of those humans. More humans more capacity to do all the good stuff.

**** off with your evil crap.
26-10-2018 16:59
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
Never heard that one before.
26-10-2018 17:08
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
So anyone who doesn't agree with you Tim the Plumber should be killed? the nice side of Humanity.
26-10-2018 17:22
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
So on your theory Tim the Plumber 20 billion population better than 10 billion, 50 billion better than 20 billion and 100 billion better than 50 billion on and on, and it just gets better and better.
26-10-2018 19:00
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
You two deserve each other xx
26-10-2018 19:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
noutopia wrote:
So anyone who doesn't agree with you Tim the Plumber should be killed? the nice side of Humanity.

Certainly not.

But those who come out with means far worse than any idea of Nazism or communism should be challenged.

In a reasonable world where people were more responsible for their speach you should at least be legally cautioned.

Persisting in spreading such vile lies should result in inprisonment.

I would like to see a law that said that lying and calling it science is a crime.

Whilst you have not claimed that you have any science to support your views I'm sure you wanted people to think there is.
26-10-2018 20:03
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
noutopia wrote:
So on your theory Tim the Plumber 20 billion population better than 10 billion, 50 billion better than 20 billion and 100 billion better than 50 billion on and on, and it just gets better and better.

If you have the wealth capacity to deal with those levels of human population then yes.

Very soon, next few decades, humanity will being the process of capturing asteroids. Initially these will be used for extractive industry. The best place to mine gold and all other heavy elements and such stuff as carbon as well.

Quickly they will also become the best place for heavy industry.

Then there will be the process of building heavens. A 3km long asteroid, medium sized, can be remade into a city as big as all the urban land in the world. Multi level habitation of orbital habitats will allow a massive increase in effectove living space.

This will continue. Billions of people can live in extreme luxury and security in such artifical heavens.

The earth can become a parkland we cherrish. We will still need it but as a resevoir of biodiversity and nature. Also our spiritual home.
26-10-2018 23:05
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
So you equate saying people should have smaller families with what the Nazis did, that's pretty extreme, and you don't consider Humans have had any effect on other species numbers? Vile lies as you put it.
27-10-2018 13:07
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
noutopia wrote:
So you equate saying people should have smaller families with what the Nazis did, that's pretty extreme, and you don't consider Humans have had any effect on other species numbers? Vile lies as you put it.

Having smaller families is not what you advocate by saying that humanity is over populated.

That you have retreated very quickly is good. it means that the idea that humanity should reduce it's population has gone away in your head the moment it was challenged assertively.

Well done. You can think for yourself. That is unusual.

Then again when socities get rich they don't have big families.
27-10-2018 14:30
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
I haven't retreated at all, I still say we have over population, it matters little now because climate change will likely reduce populations and not in a nice way, and you failed to address our impact on other species, do you not know we are in a Human caused mass extinction of species?
27-10-2018 16:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
noutopia wrote:
I haven't retreated at all, I still say we have over population, it matters little now because climate change will likely reduce populations and not in a nice way, and you failed to address our impact on other species, do you not know we are in a Human caused mass extinction of species?

We have done almost all the extincitions of large animals already. This we did before we even began agriculture.

Some more are vulnerable in Africa. We, at least the rich world is addressing this issue. Hopefully we will be able to save the vast majority.

Not clearing land for sugar for biofuel would help a lot.

Island species are dying out very quickly as the interconnedness of the world means nowhere is safe from invaisive species.

How do you think a slightly warmer world will kill anybody?
27-10-2018 18:16
noutopia
☆☆☆☆☆
(17)
http://www.poachingfacts.com/ In a richer world,
A warmer world, more heatwaves, droughts, floods, crop failures, stronger hurricanes and typhoons, famines, do not all these kill people?.
27-10-2018 19:02
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I've been away for a week and haven't caught up on reading, but I saw this drivel again and had to respond...

noutopia wrote:

A warmer world, more heatwaves,

Better than a cold snap. Cold kills far more people.
droughts, floods,

Which is it? Can't have it both ways.
crop failures
We are producing more grain PER ACRE AND IT INCREASES EVERY YEAR.
stronger hurricanes and typhoons,

This keeps getting repeated as scripture, but it just isn't true. Not even the beloved IPCC supports this claim.
famines,

As I pointed out, grain productions is booming. Poor governing is the cause of starvation in most cases. We have starving people across the world and our grain bins are overflowing in the US. Can't find uses for all the grain.
do not all these kill people?.

Yup, but has nothing to do with temperatures.
27-10-2018 19:26
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
noutopia wrote:
http://www.poachingfacts.com/ In a richer world,
A warmer world, more heatwaves, droughts, floods, crop failures, stronger hurricanes and typhoons, famines, do not all these kill people?.

Choose one of those and we can look at it to see if there is actually a problem.

You will find, if you are open minded and skeptical, of me as well, that all such problems vanish to nothing much at all when examined.
27-10-2018 21:12
(21552)
noutopia wrote:
In a richer world,

What warmer world? Heatwaves, droughts, and floods are normal weather. Crops fail sometimes. That's as old as farming. Hurricanes are not stronger or more frequent (see National Hurricane Center historic data). A typhoon is just another name for a hurricane. Famines are mostly caused by war and politics.

Your basic argument is that the Earth is warming. We don't know. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

Your basic argument is based on CO2 and other 'holy' gasses. No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth using surface infrared. That just violates the laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

The Parrot Killer

29-10-2018 21:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
..This documentary shows some of the effects of allowing for a growing population.
https://youtu.be/pw6k0QBTYb4
30-10-2018 11:19
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LyzBoHo5EI

Why the world population will not reach 11 billion.
Edited on 30-10-2018 11:19
01-11-2018 00:28
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
noutopia wrote:

Then explain why past epidemics no longer exist? Large populations usually allow large businesses to grow which causes increased wages and not lower. Increased hygiene rather than decrease as your comment about pollution suggests. Indeed it does cause increased stress but man is highly adaptable and easily handles it. Note that we don't have anything other than bushfire wars instead of world wars.

We already HAVE 7 billion people on this planet and it is virtually impossible to stop that sort of growth until you make people rich and healthy enough to have food and little to no need of medical care. But the world has reached that spot. over 85% of the world's 1 year old babies have been vaccinated for the most common diseases. Hunger in the last century has dropped from one in three to one in nine.

Do you realize that the largest and fastest growing diseases in the world today are from NOT EXERCISING??

The world is becoming heaven without the angels and harps. And don't let social media and the leftists tell you any different. The statistics are clear and even with the media telling you that you should be frightened and angry all the time were you the age you are 150 years ago you would have an expected lifespan of 3 years less.

Time to make more people in the world aware of this.
13-04-2019 12:09
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
noutopia wrote:
"Humans are a plague on the Earth" to quote David Attenborough.

Then maybe it is time for deluded (and clearly now indoctrinated by peeps like WWF - or how much are they paying him?!?) Mr Attenborough to step aside and stop preaching climate fear making 'stuff' he surely doesn't have a clue about. Now he shows us images of those poor, poor Walrus's plunging to their deaths - or did they die - because of the effects of this global warming religion nonsense that it only global weather or climate, which has been changing most drastically for 4.2 billion years. So what were the lovely walrus's doing back when it was hot (very hot) enough for the Vikings to colonise Iceland then Greenland?!? Bungee Jumping maybe?!? And 4000 years before that it was even hotter - really hotter. And that's just the last 5000 years. So do us sane peeps a favour, mate.
Get off your high horse, Attenborough... You are a global pest now, and clearly being paid so much by global warming nut jobs, some of who are making big, big bucks from your lunatic sermons.
Get him off the box and stuff him and put him in the natural history museum where the moths can get at him...
13-04-2019 16:13
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
We never been able to control the weather, and doubtful we ever will. Although, I sometime suspect there might be some government secrets on the topic. The church defines climate, as weather, over a period of time. The time period seems to be a duration, that conveniently implies some sort of crisis, that needs a lot of cash and resources to fight, or we all are going to die. But the irony is that most of us will die natural, or with a little help long before the prophecy. If we can't control weather, we can't control time, then we can't control climate either, as defined. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

The vast majority of the vegetation on this planet do best in a warm climate, and much higher levels of CO2. This is genetic, plants that were most productive, thrived and reproduced. Plants are the food for everything else living on this planet. When plants are healthy and happy, so is everything else. It's the lack of food, and poor diet, that weaks most, and leaves them vulnerable to disease, and slows healing. With more food available, people will naturally be healthier, need fewer pills, Obamacare. With food easier and cheaper to acquire, most people will have the time and resources, to construct better shelter from the elements, and overcrowding, another thing that promotes better health.

It should be obvious to all, that 'Climate Change' is a scam, we have no influence on time or weather, intentional, or otherwise. There is no cause, no cure, just an operatunity. Some people see an operatunity to tax, regulate, control, basically steal your money, your livelihood, freedoms, and liberties. We have the operatunity to prepare and adapt for a changing world. I doubt seriously that a warmer climate will bring more intense, violent storms. Think the weather will do the same as it always has in the past. There will be extremes on occasion, but for the most part it's going to get much nicer. It's been a strange winter, blizzards in mid-April up north, while here in Florida, daytime highs are 80-90 F. Barely dropped below 40 F, where the folks not so far north were in the 'teens.
13-04-2019 18:21
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
noutopia wrote:

Maybe stop preaching doom and gloom then? Are you one of these who have body placards and preach that Christianity or such will save us lost souls? If so, then you can keep it... Much prefer to live in the enlightened world.
13-04-2019 18:23
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
spot wrote:
You two deserve each other xx

Yeah: get a room...
13-04-2019 18:29
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
Tim the plumber wrote:
noutopia wrote:

Certainly not.

But those who come out with means far worse than any idea of Nazism or communism should be challenged.

In a reasonable world where people were more responsible for their speach you should at least be legally cautioned.

Persisting in spreading such vile lies should result in inprisonment.

I would like to see a law that said that lying and calling it science is a crime.

Whilst you have not claimed that you have any science to support your views I'm sure you wanted people to think there is.

Agreed... After Brexit (LOL) things will change and all the loopy liberal media moguls and crooks profiting from charity loopholes and those who spend an eternity robbing our countries of their wealth should be manhandled and dealt with as harshly as benefits their very nature. No more lies or fear-mongering about a so-called global warming that will only happen if nature and the cosmos decides it will happen. Oh... what else?!?
13-04-2019 18:33
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
Tim the plumber wrote:
noutopia wrote:

If you have the wealth capacity to deal with those levels of human population then yes.

Very soon, next few decades, humanity will being the process of capturing asteroids. Initially these will be used for extractive industry. The best place to mine gold and all other heavy elements and such stuff as carbon as well.

Then there will be the process of building heavens. A 3km long asteroid, medium sized, can be remade into a city as big as all the urban land in the world. Multi level habitation of orbital habitats will allow a massive increase in effectove living space.

This will continue. Billions of people can live in extreme luxury and security in such artifical heavens.

The earth can become a parkland we cherrish. We will still need it but as a resevoir of biodiversity and nature. Also our spiritual home.

I think we'll all be consumed by another dinosaur killer asteroid/comet strike way before much asteroid colonisation begins, T... I also strongly feel that space travel is going to prove much, much more problematic that we might imagine. I did drop out of the last half year of my science degree, but I think I learnt enough to understand these simple points.
13-04-2019 18:39
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
noutopia wrote:

Do you know that if you were able to let the dinosaurs on US (you are human I guess - LOL) they would eat every last one of us and not worry about any consequences other than getting excessive wind, maybe - or the odd human bone lodged in its throat. Have you ever taken a good hard look into the world of animals and bugs and other self surviving creatures or beasties?!? They are in a continued dog-eat dog world or existence. You think we should be much different?!? Are we not animals?!? I know many religious sects do not accept that we are actually animals. We are, though.
14-04-2019 01:32
(5192)
paramount99 wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
noutopia wrote:

I think we'll all be consumed by another dinosaur killer asteroid/comet strike way before much asteroid colonisation begins, T... I also strongly feel that space travel is going to prove much, much more problematic that we might imagine. I did drop out of the last half year of my science degree, but I think I learnt enough to understand these simple points.

Speaking of asteroid impacts...

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/spacex-chosen-to-launch-spacecraft-built-to-deflect-asteroid/939670637

What could possibly go wrong... Those asteroids have been peacefully (for the most part) flying through space, since the beginning of our solar system, more or less. Just a guess, but they've been there a long time, without incident. Why poke the sleeping alligator with a stick, to see how fast it can chase you?

Maybe NASA figures if Global Warming gets out of hand, they have a backup plan. An asteroid impact cooled down the planet, least once...
14-04-2019 03:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
paramount99 wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
noutopia wrote:

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/spacex-chosen-to-launch-spacecraft-built-to-deflect-asteroid/939670637

What could possibly go wrong... Those asteroids have been peacefully (for the most part) flying through space, since the beginning of our solar system, more or less. Just a guess, but they've been there a long time, without incident. Why poke the sleeping alligator with a stick, to see how fast it can chase you?

Maybe NASA figures if Global Warming gets out of hand, they have a backup plan. An asteroid impact cooled down the planet, least once...

I did some checking. It's closest position to the Sun is about the same as the Earth's furthest distance from the Sun. You might be right. If it's orbit becomes more elliptical then who knows what? Wish they gave more information about it's orbit relative to the Earth's.

https://m.esa.int/Our_Activities/Operations/Space_Safety_Security/Hera/Target_asteroid
14-04-2019 06:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
For anyone who doesn't get this, the more elliptical the orbit of the asteroid the more likely a collision will happen. This means it will cross the Earth's path/orbit more often.
14-04-2019 09:03
(5192)
James___ wrote:
For anyone who doesn't get this, the more elliptical the orbit of the asteroid the more likely a collision will happen. This means it will cross the Earth's path/orbit more often.

The scary part is that the aren't particularly concerned about which asteroid they move either. They are going to hit something, even if they miss the chance at the one they chose. Then again, even if everything goes as planned, and they don't alter the obit sufficiently to impact Earth (anytime soon), there are a whole lot of other asteroids, planets and moons. What happens if that asteroid smacks into another asteroid, throwing it of it's usual path?

Maybe I played to many games of Asteroids as a kid, but it seems kind of foolish to play with space rocks like this. It'll cost way more than a quarter, if they mess something up. Not to mention the many millions of dollars going into the project...
14-04-2019 13:42
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
HarveyH55 wrote:
paramount99 wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
noutopia wrote:

Global weather - not global warming! (LOL)

Some of the sods simply come at us from out of the blue yonder... Like the relatively recent and much documented Russian air-burst type... We were lucky this was rocky and not like my own lovely specimen on my desk: solid nickel iron. That might have been a different outcome. Yes lots of interesting stuff involving asteroids currently...
14-04-2019 20:40
(21552)
James___ wrote:

We call them 'meteors' when that happens.

A meteor will enter Earth's atmosphere about once every few minutes. Most are about the size of a grain of sand. They still leave behind an ionized trail when they burn up though. We can even bounce radio signals off that trail before it dissipates in a second or so.

The Parrot Killer

14-04-2019 22:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
Into the Night wrote:
We call them 'meteors' when that happens.

A meteor will enter Earth's atmosphere about once every few minutes.

Actually, we call them meteorites when that happens.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-04-2019 00:06
(5192)
A meteor burns up as it enters the atmosphere.
Meteorites are the ones large enough to make it to the surface, and are of considerable value, better than finding gold with your metal detector.
15-04-2019 05:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
HarveyH55 wrote:
A meteor burns up as it enters the atmosphere.
Meteorites are the ones large enough to make it to the surface, and are of considerable value, better than finding gold with your metal detector.

Actually, the moment a meteor touches atmosphere it is handed its meteorite membership card ... so only meteorites can burn up in the atmosphere.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Why fight climate change? Isn't it natures way of limiting population?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Burn Gasoline and Natural Gas To Fight Against Climate Change2504-01-2024 06:33
Alaskan Snow Crab Population Shrinks 90% In 3 Years818-10-2022 23:07
Population Change and Demography - the malthusian rate.9716-12-2019 15:42
Poulation controll revisited - CO2 compensation through population control814-11-2019 23:28
It's not overpopulation problem rather population mismanagement problem2414-11-2019 23:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact