Remember me
▼ Content

Alaskan Snow Crab Population Shrinks 90% In 3 Years

Alaskan Snow Crab Population Shrinks 90% In 3 Years18-10-2022 01:44
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
The Alaska snow crab harvest has been canceled for the first time ever after billions of crustaceans have disappeared from the cold, treacherous waters of the Bering Sea in recent years.

The snow crab population shrank from around 8 billion in 2018 to 1 billion in 2021, according to Benjamin Daly, a researcher with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

Snow crabs are cold-water species and found overwhelmingly in areas where water temperatures are below 2 degrees Celsius, Litzow says. As oceans warm and sea ice disappears, the ocean around Alaska is becoming inhospitable for the species.

https://abc7ny.com/what-happened-to-snow-crabs-alaska-disappeared-billion-missing/12337660/

18-10-2022 04:04
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Always has to be climate change... Maybe over-fishing, forced the crabs to adapt, and find a different place to hangout. Personally, I think it's more of Biden's economy killing agenda.
18-10-2022 05:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Spongy Iris wrote:
The Alaska snow crab harvest has been canceled for the first time ever after billions of crustaceans have disappeared from the cold, treacherous waters of the Bering Sea in recent years.

The snow crab population shrank from around 8 billion in 2018 to 1 billion in 2021, according to Benjamin Daly, a researcher with the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

Snow crabs are cold-water species and found overwhelmingly in areas where water temperatures are below 2 degrees Celsius, Litzow says. As oceans warm and sea ice disappears, the ocean around Alaska is becoming inhospitable for the species.

https://abc7ny.com/what-happened-to-snow-crabs-alaska-disappeared-billion-missing/12337660/

The poles are not melting. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the oceans.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-10-2022 05:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14390)
Spongy Iris wrote:

First it was Global Warming's "excess heat" that disappeared to the bottom of the ocean. Now, I suppose it's the COVID pandemic's turn to disappear to the bottom of the ocean. I guess the snow crabs should have double-masked. You knew they were never going to get the second booster shot. The snow crabs were doomed from the start. Oh well, it's their own damn fault.
18-10-2022 16:48
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

First it was Global Warming's "excess heat" that disappeared to the bottom of the ocean. Now, I suppose it's the COVID pandemic's turn to disappear to the bottom of the ocean. I guess the snow crabs should have double-masked. You knew they were never going to get the second booster shot. The snow crabs were doomed from the start. Oh well, it's their own damn fault.

**** those unvaccinated heathen! They should be rounded up and euthanized!
18-10-2022 17:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14390)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

... by boiling water.
18-10-2022 21:52
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

First it was Global Warming's "excess heat" that disappeared to the bottom of the ocean.

That was a hilarious one! Denying the 2nd law of thermodynamics and convective heat at the same time!
IBdaMann wrote:
Now, I suppose it's the COVID pandemic's turn to disappear to the bottom of the ocean.

And good riddance!
IBdaMann wrote:
I guess the snow crabs should have double-masked. You knew they were never going to get the second booster shot. The snow crabs were doomed from the start. Oh well, it's their own damn fault.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-10-2022 21:53
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

... by boiling water.

The Parrot Killer

18-10-2022 23:07
James_
★★★★★
(2230)
Spongy Iris wrote:

Kind of have to wonder if vents in the sea floor or heat from deep faults is the cause. https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/arctic-zone/essay_vogt.html

Join the debate Alaskan Snow Crab Population Shrinks 90% In 3 Years:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
World Population627-03-2024 00:31
Would You Join A New Secret Society Help Humans Live To At Least 200 Years And More ?203-01-2024 20:18
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
Another dead retard with a gun. I worked on highways for 37 years and never did this029-03-2023 13:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact