Remember me
▼ Content

Well Space X aced another controlled landing. Will be using really low IQ astronuts

Page 6 of 6<<<456
13-03-2021 01:25
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14420)
Swan wrote: Everyday Examples of Heat Energy

Nope. Only a scientifically illiterate moron treats heat as energy.

The sun converts chemical energy to a broad spectrum of electromagnetic energy.
A stove has a large amount of thermal energy to transfer to other matter via conduction
A toaster accomplishes the same but via radiance (with some convection).
Gasoline is chemical energy waiting to be converted.
Fire is combustion, the conversion of chemical energy into thermal energy.

Heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another and is a measure of power, i.e. watts. Heat is NOT a form of energy and is not measured in joules.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-03-2021 05:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Dude even the dog knows that heat is energy................

Too funny. Now you speak with dogs and you hail them as your physics experts. I'm wondering where this leads. Do the cats do your taxes?

As if it takes a physics expert to know that heat is energy.

Sheesh

'Expert' worship. No, heat is not energy.

Yes heat is energy,

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
what makes you say that heat is not energy?

The 2nd law of thermodynamics. RQAA.
Swan wrote:
Everyday Examples of Heat Energy
There are three basic ways to transfer heat energy:

Heat is not energy. Heat is not transferred anywhere.
Swan wrote:
convection, conduction, and radiation.

These are forms of heat, not energy.
Swan wrote:
Convection transfers heat energy through gases or liquids.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
Conduction transfers heat energy from one solid to another.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
Radiation transfers heat in the form of waves or particles through places where there are no molecules.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
It is a form of electromagnetic energy.

Electromagnetic energy is not heat. It has no temperature. There is only one form of electromagnetic energy.
Swan wrote:
Here are some common examples of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
The biggest example of heat energy in our solar system is the sun itself.

The Sun is not heat energy.
Swan wrote:
The sun radiates heat to warm us up on the planet earth.

The Sun doesn't radiate heat. It radiates light.
Swan wrote:
When the burner of a stovetop is very hot, it is a source of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Anything placed onto the stovetop and warmed, whether a pot of tea or a skillet for frying eggs, also become sources of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Automobile fuels such as gasoline are sources of heat energy,

Nope. Automotive fuels such as gasoline are chemical energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
as is the hot engine of a racecar or a school bus.

A hot engine is not energy.
Swan wrote:
A toaster is turned on and turns a piece of bread into a piece of toast.
This is due to the radiant heat energy of the toast,

Toast is not energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
which draws moisture from the bread and makes it crispy.

High temperatures are not necessary for bread to dry out.
Swan wrote:
A hot cup of steaming cocoa contains heat energy.

Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
Any fire, from the smallest match, to the fireplace, to the biggest forest fire ever, contains heat energy

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat is not energy.

Lol the heat sink and fan connected to your computer cpu transfers heat energy thru a combination of passive radiation and active cooling. The use of thermal paste is recommended to create a stronger bond between the cpu and heat sink in order to facilitate better heat transfer.

I have no idea why you are pretending to be ignorant, however if this is your chosen life, you are making Snowden into a genius
13-03-2021 19:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Swan wrote:
Lol the heat sink and fan connected to your computer cpu transfers heat energy

Nope. Heat is not energy. Heat is not transferred anywhere. BTW, I have no fan on the heatsink. The system is liquid cooled.
Swan wrote:
thru a combination of passive radiation and active cooling.

Active cooling...just like most car engines (though I don't use glycol in the coolant, since it's not necessary).
Swan wrote:
The use of thermal paste is recommended to create a stronger bond between the cpu and heat sink in order to facilitate better heat transfer.

Heat doesn't transfer. Not the purpose of thermal paste.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-03-2021 19:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Nope. Heat is not energy. Heat is not transferred anywhere. BTW, I have no fan on the heatsink. The system is liquid cooled.
Swan wrote:

Active cooling...just like most car engines (though I don't use glycol in the coolant, since it's not necessary).
Swan wrote:
The use of thermal paste is recommended to create a stronger bond between the cpu and heat sink in order to facilitate better heat transfer.

See in your trollish and delusional mind you believe that you are arguing with me when you are actually arguing with the second law of thermodynamics.

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/rocket/thermo2.html

Thermodynamics is a branch of physics which deals with the energy and work of a system. Thermodynamics deals only with the large scale response of a system which we can observe and measure in experiments. In rocket science, the thermodynamics of a gas obviously plays an important role in the analysis of propulsion systems but also in the understanding of high speed flows. The first law of thermodynamics defines the relationship between the various forms of energy present in a system (kinetic and potential), the work which the system performs and the transfer of heat. The first law states that energy is conserved in all thermodynamic processes.

We can imagine thermodynamic processes which conserve energy but which never occur in nature. For example, if we bring a hot object into contact with a cold object, we observe that the hot object cools down and the cold object heats up until an equilibrium is reached. The transfer of heat goes from the hot object to the cold object. We can imagine a system, however, in which the heat is instead transferred from the cold object to the hot object, and such a system does not violate the first law of thermodynamics. The cold object gets colder and the hot object gets hotter, but energy is conserved. Obviously we don't encounter such a system in nature and to explain this and similar observations, thermodynamicists proposed a second law of thermodynamics. Clasius, Kelvin, and Carnot proposed various forms of the second law to describe the particular physics problem that each was studying. The description of the second law stated on this slide was taken from Halliday and Resnick's textbook, "Physics". It begins with the definition of a new state variable called entropy. Entropy has a variety of physical interpretations, including the statistical disorder of the system, but for our purposes, let us consider entropy to be just another property of the system, like enthalpy or temperature.

The second law states that there exists a useful state variable called entropy S. The change in entropy delta S is equal to the heat transfer delta Q divided by the temperature T.

So if you really feel the need to argue that heat is not energy you should tell NASA how wrong that they are.

Yawn

Have you frustrated yourself totally yet?
Edited on 13-03-2021 20:00
13-03-2021 22:43
(14420)
Swan wrote: See in your trollish and delusional mind you believe that you are arguing with me when you are actually arguing with the second law of thermodynamics.

Too funny! Now you believe you are the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics! You can't even get the concept of "units of measure" straight.

Swan wrote:So if you really feel the need to argue that heat is not energy you should tell NASA how wrong that they are.

LOL Lawn LOL Lawn

You'll do anything to deflect the rain of arrows that are piercing your argument HOWEVER you don't speak for NASA.

Too funny! Lawn.

Swan, you are the first person to compete for the "make keepit look smart" award.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-03-2021 23:22
(21600)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

See in your trollish and delusional mind you believe that you are arguing with me when you are actually arguing with the second law of thermodynamics.

https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/rocket/thermo2.html

Thermodynamics is a branch of physics which deals with the energy and work of a system.

No, it isn't. Thermodynamics is a set of theories concerning thermal energy (and in some cases, energy in general).
Swan wrote:
Thermodynamics deals only with the large scale response of a system which we can observe and measure in experiments.

Nope. Nothing large is required about the scale.
Swan wrote:
In rocket science,

Rockets are not science. They are engineering.
Swan wrote:
the thermodynamics of a gas obviously plays an important role in the analysis of propulsion systems

Thermodynamics doesn't analyze anything.
Swan wrote:
but also in the understanding of high speed flows.

Thermodynamics is not fluid dynamics.
Swan wrote:
The first law of thermodynamics defines the relationship between the various forms of energy present in a system (kinetic and potential),

Nope. Not a bit of it.
Swan wrote:
the work which the system performs

Systems do not perform work. Work also has a specific definition.
Swan wrote:
and the transfer of heat.

Heat is not transferred anywhere. It is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
The first law states that energy is conserved in all thermodynamic processes.

This is more or less correct.
Swan wrote:
We can imagine thermodynamic processes which conserve energy but which never occur in nature.

Energy conservation occurs in nature. There has never been an example where energy was not conserved.
Swan wrote:
For example, if we bring a hot object into contact with a cold object, we observe that the hot object cools down and the cold object heats up until an equilibrium is reached.

This is energy dissipation, in keeping with the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the 0th law of thermodynamics.
Swan wrote:
The transfer of heat

Heat does not transfer anywhere. Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
goes from the hot object to the cold object.

Heat flows from hot to cold. Heat is energy dissipation. It is not energy.
Swan wrote:
We can imagine a system, however, in which the heat is instead transferred from the cold object to the hot object, and such a system does not violate the first law of thermodynamics.

It does, however, violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
Swan wrote:
So if you really feel the need to argue that heat is not energy

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
you should tell NASA how wrong that they are.

You don't get to speak for NASA. You only get to speak for you.
Swan wrote:
Have you frustrated yourself totally yet?

Cliche fallacy. Assumption of victory fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-03-2021 23:25
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: See in your trollish and delusional mind you believe that you are arguing with me when you are actually arguing with the second law of thermodynamics.

Too funny! Now you believe you are the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics! You can't even get the concept of "units of measure" straight.

Swan wrote:So if you really feel the need to argue that heat is not energy you should tell NASA how wrong that they are.

LOL Lawn LOL Lawn

You'll do anything to deflect the rain of arrows that are piercing your argument HOWEVER you don't speak for NASA.

Too funny! Lawn.

Swan, you are the first person to compete for the "make keepit look smart" award.

Can you post your version of the second law of thermodynamics that details how heat is not energy? Or are you going to continue proving that you are schizophrenic?

My guess is the latter.
Edited on 13-03-2021 23:41
18-03-2021 17:26
Jacob114
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
Why this landing technique is the dumbest one? Do you say so because prototypes often blow up? Then it would be best if you went deeper into engineering and aerospace engineering. I want you to know that Falcon rockets also blew up at first, but now they are widely used for delivering payloads into different orbits. Why don't you like SpaceX?
18-03-2021 17:33
(14420)
Swan wrote:Can you post your version of the second law of thermodynamics that details how heat is not energy?

There is only one 2nd law of thermodynamics. I don't somehow have my own version.

Can you post the part of the second law of thermodynamics that details the flow/energy equivalence?

Or are you going to continue proving that you are schizophrenic?

My guess is the latter.

18-03-2021 22:28
(21600)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL Lawn LOL Lawn

Too funny! Lawn.

Can you post your version of the second law of thermodynamics that details how heat is not energy?

There is only one 2nd law of thermodynamics: e(t+1) >= e(t) where 'e' is entropy and 't' is time. This means any concentration of energy, like thermal energy, must dissipate. Such energy will always flow from hot to cold. This is called 'heat'. It is the flow of thermal energy, not thermal energy itself.

This has already been answered for you numerous times. I have answered it AGAIN for you. Stop asking the same question over and over. It has been answered. RQAA.

Swan wrote:
Or are you going to continue proving that you are schizophrenic?
My guess is the latter.

Psychoquackery and insults do not make you win arguments. Get a clue.

The Parrot Killer

18-03-2021 22:32
(21600)
Jacob114 wrote:
Why this landing technique is the dumbest one? Do you say so because prototypes often blow up? Then it would be best if you went deeper into engineering and aerospace engineering. I want you to know that Falcon rockets also blew up at first, but now they are widely used for delivering payloads into different orbits. Why don't you like SpaceX?

Because it's a private corporation, probably.

There were people during the NASA Moon launch days that figured it was all a tremendous waste of money to put some guy named 'Doke' on the Moon.

There are people that are still afraid of their microwave ovens.

There are people that are still afraid of power lines, jet engines, cell phones, computers, and cars.

You will find detractors everywhere.

The Parrot Killer

25-03-2022 01:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Dude even the dog knows that heat is energy................

Too funny. Now you speak with dogs and you hail them as your physics experts. I'm wondering where this leads. Do the cats do your taxes?

As if it takes a physics expert to know that heat is energy.

Sheesh

'Expert' worship. No, heat is not energy.

Yes heat is energy,

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
what makes you say that heat is not energy?

The 2nd law of thermodynamics. RQAA.
Swan wrote:
Everyday Examples of Heat Energy
There are three basic ways to transfer heat energy:

Heat is not energy. Heat is not transferred anywhere.
Swan wrote:
convection, conduction, and radiation.

These are forms of heat, not energy.
Swan wrote:
Convection transfers heat energy through gases or liquids.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
Conduction transfers heat energy from one solid to another.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
Radiation transfers heat in the form of waves or particles through places where there are no molecules.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
It is a form of electromagnetic energy.

Electromagnetic energy is not heat. It has no temperature. There is only one form of electromagnetic energy.
Swan wrote:
Here are some common examples of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
The biggest example of heat energy in our solar system is the sun itself.

The Sun is not heat energy.
Swan wrote:
The sun radiates heat to warm us up on the planet earth.

The Sun doesn't radiate heat. It radiates light.
Swan wrote:
When the burner of a stovetop is very hot, it is a source of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Anything placed onto the stovetop and warmed, whether a pot of tea or a skillet for frying eggs, also become sources of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Automobile fuels such as gasoline are sources of heat energy,

Nope. Automotive fuels such as gasoline are chemical energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
as is the hot engine of a racecar or a school bus.

A hot engine is not energy.
Swan wrote:
A toaster is turned on and turns a piece of bread into a piece of toast.
This is due to the radiant heat energy of the toast,

Toast is not energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
which draws moisture from the bread and makes it crispy.

High temperatures are not necessary for bread to dry out.
Swan wrote:
A hot cup of steaming cocoa contains heat energy.

Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
Any fire, from the smallest match, to the fireplace, to the biggest forest fire ever, contains heat energy

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat is not energy.

Are you aware that you are a confirmed psychotic lemming?
Page 6 of 6<<<456

Join the debate Well Space X aced another controlled landing. Will be using really low IQ astronuts:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Space travel is hoax3316-04-2024 23:24
Well space x blew up another starship, currently batting 0.0/nada/nothing/zero/zilch018-11-2023 20:38
Low temperature breaks record set over 100 years ago, proving climate change is real2801-06-2022 06:03
Record low temps across America.227-04-2022 02:17
Could space debris be a challenge for collecting data on climate change?1023-03-2021 04:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact