Remember me
▼ Content

Well Space X aced another controlled landing. Will be using really low IQ astronuts

Page 5 of 6<<<3456>
11-03-2021 10:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Baloney.

Bulverism fallacy. IBD is correct.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2021 10:44
(21597)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:ibd, Baloney.

Wuttev-ah. You're a moron. Let me know when you get something correct.

OMG son, are you that anal rectally attentive? Bologna is a city in Italy. How could you be such a hater? Also, Mormons deserve respect. I happen to like their choir and coffee. What is wrong with you?

Random statements.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2021 10:47
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:No one cares that you are even alive much less what you babble

Too funny! Now you believe you are everyone! Wow! I mean LOL LOL Wow Yawn LOL.

You just keep getting more and more entertaining.

Lawn. Lawn.

Your quotes

Heat is not energy. Lol tell that to ships moving by heat energy

Heat is not energy. All heat engines require a source of energy.
Swan wrote:
There was no ice age. Detailing your low IQ

It is unknown if there was ever an ice age. IQ is a random number of type randU.
Swan wrote:
Now there are no quantum entangled networks in development.

Entanglement is not a network.
Swan wrote:
Do you live in a West Virginia shed with your Mom? and maggie the piggy
The government really pays you to be an ****

Insult fallacies. Attempted proof by fundamentalism.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2021 10:52
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Heat is not energy. Lol tell that to ships moving by heat energy

LOL LOL Too funny Lawn YOL. Ships move by kinetic energy genius. There is no such thing as heat energy. Heat is not a form of energy.

Swan wrote: There was no ice age.

Now you are simply lying. You have been reduced to misstating my rebuttal to your WACKY claims.

Swan wrote: Now there are no quantum entangled networks in development.

There never were. There cannot be. There is no entanglement science, as you are painfully aware.

Shouldn't you be shooting up again right about now?

Nuclear powered ships move by heat energy

Heat is not energy. Nuclear powered ships require nuclear fuel (usually a low purification of uranium-235).
Swan wrote:
created from decaying nuclear material that gives off heat as a byproduct of fission.

Fission is energy. Heat is not.
Swan wrote:
The heat energy is transitioned to various types of turbines.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
You are a lain brain, which is why you are there being a nobody

Insult fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2021 10:58
(21597)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL LOL Too funny Lawn YOL. Ships move by kinetic energy genius. There is no such thing as heat energy. Heat is not a form of energy.

Now you are simply lying. You have been reduced to misstating my rebuttal to your WACKY claims.

There never were. There cannot be. There is no entanglement science, as you are painfully aware.

Nuclear powered ships move by heat energy created from decaying nuclear material that gives off heat as a byproduct of fission. The heat energy is transitioned to various types of turbines.

I'm just curious. Is nuclear fission the result of alpha or beta decay? What is it that actually heats the water that converts it into steam?

Fission.
James___ wrote:
This in a sense gets into why microwave ovens work. Water gets heated just as nuclear energy heats water. Just 2 EZ of an opening Swanee.

Microwave ovens do not use fission. They use electrical energy to heat water.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2021 11:00
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Nuclear power isn't produced by chemical reaction as i understand it. Nuclear energy is produced when a fissile product breaks apart yielding kinetic energy and sometimes gamma radiation. Both are used to heat water for the production of steam which produces kinetic energy.

Nuclear fission is a chemical reaction.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2021 11:01
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Nuclear power isn't produced by chemical reaction as i understand it.

You don't understand it.

Say it with me: "Conservation of Energy ... Chemical to Thermal to Kinetic."

keepit wrote: Nuclear energy is produced when a fissile product breaks apart

What do you think "chemical energy" is? Why do you think the uranium is called the "nuclear fuel"?

... and it's thermal energy that is produced, not nuclear energy.

Thermal means heat moron so you just agreed with me.

You may now eat the cyanide

Thermal does not mean heat. Redefinition fallacy.

Heat is not energy. Thermal energy is energy.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2021 14:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Heat is not energy. Nuclear powered ships require nuclear fuel (usually a low purification of uranium-235).
Swan wrote:
created from decaying nuclear material that gives off heat as a byproduct of fission.

Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Insult fallacies.

LOL nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. Nuclear powered ships require decaying nuclear fuel where one of the products of that decay is heat given off. If the heat were not harnessed the ship would not move as heat is the energy that moves the ship.

You have the brain of a 6 year old who knows that they know it all when in reality you think that oreo's are made in the back of the grocery store
11-03-2021 17:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
Swan wrote:LOL nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel.

Of course they do. Don't you believe in getting up to speed on topics before commenting on them?

Swan wrote: Nuclear powered ships require decaying nuclear fuel

If you had to hazard a guess, what do you think the adjective "nuclear" means in this case? Have you heard of the word "redundancy"?

Swan wrote: ... where one of the products of that decay is heat given off.

There is certainly heat, but the fuel produces thermal energy ... by converting chemical energy, i.e. the nuclear fuel.

Swan wrote: If the heat were not harnessed

The heat is harnessed. The thermal energy flows into the water.

Swan wrote: You have the brain of a 6 year old who knows that they know it all

Once again I have become a plural. It's good that you recognize me as so much more than just one single solitary know-it-all.

Swan wrote: ... you think that oreo's are made in the back of the grocery store

You have that backwards. The grocery store is placed out in front of the Oreo factory.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-03-2021 19:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

Of course they do. Don't you believe in getting up to speed on topics before commenting on them?

If you had to hazard a guess, what do you think the adjective "nuclear" means in this case? Have you heard of the word "redundancy"?

There is certainly heat, but the fuel produces thermal energy ... by converting chemical energy, i.e. the nuclear fuel.

Once again I have become a plural. It's good that you recognize me as so much more than just one single solitary know-it-all.

You have that backwards. The grocery store is placed out in front of the Oreo factory.

You have a very sad excuse for a life.

Again heat is the energy that propels nuclear powered ships. Nuclear decay provides that heat
11-03-2021 21:20
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Insult fallacies.

LOL nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel.
You just try to leave port with out it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT one is a collectable!
Swan wrote:
Nuclear powered ships require decaying nuclear fuel where one of the products of that decay is heat given off. If the heat were not harnessed the ship would not move as heat is the energy that moves the ship.
Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
You have the brain of a 6 year old who knows that they know it all when in reality you think that oreo's are made in the back of the grocery store

I don't like Oreo cookies, so I really didn't care where they were made until you brought it up.
Mondelez corporation (a division of Nabisco) manufactures the Oreo Cookie in Chicago, IL. The cookies are then distributed through Nabisco's supply chain.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2021 21:21
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Again heat is the energy that propels nuclear powered ships. Nuclear decay provides that heat

Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2021 00:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Insult fallacies.

You just try to leave port with out it! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT one is a collectable!
Swan wrote:
Nuclear powered ships require decaying nuclear fuel where one of the products of that decay is heat given off. If the heat were not harnessed the ship would not move as heat is the energy that moves the ship.
Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

I don't like Oreo cookies, so I really didn't care where they were made until you brought it up.
Mondelez corporation (a division of Nabisco) manufactures the Oreo Cookie in Chicago, IL. The cookies are then distributed through Nabisco's supply chain.

Heat is energy barney, everyone agrees except you and your doctor who does not want to argue with a doofus
12-03-2021 00:43
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Heat is not energy. Heat is not contained in anything.

Heat is energy.

Another pearl of dopey, heat is not contained in anything.

Has your doctor ever prescribed chlorpromazine?
Edited on 12-03-2021 01:01
12-03-2021 01:07
(14406)
Swan wrote:Heat is energy barney, everyone agrees except you and your doctor who does not want to argue with a doofus

Aaah, you're back to being everyone again. You just shot up, didn't you?

Attached image:

12-03-2021 01:20
(14406)
Swan wrote:Has your doctor ever prescribed chlorpromazine?

I'll take you on your word that one's doctor might proscribe chlorpromazine. I wouldn't know because I don't need a doctor. But when I do, I'll keep that option in mind. I appreciate you sharing some of your personal experience; it might be useful to others.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-03-2021 01:35
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

I'll take you on your word that one's doctor might proscribe chlorpromazine. I wouldn't know because I don't need a doctor. But when I do, I'll keep that option in mind. I appreciate you sharing some of your personal experience; it might be useful to others.

LOL you really need to accept that heat is energy. Chlorpromazine might help.

Your stocks go up or down today?
12-03-2021 01:45
(14406)
Swan wrote:LOL you really need to accept that heat is energy.

Science says it isn't. Let's see, do I go with Swan's fantastic version of how the universe operates or do I go with science? Hmmmm. Why does Swan need me to take drugs before making my decision? Hmmmm.

12-03-2021 02:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

Science says it isn't. Let's see, do I go with Swan's fantastic version of how the universe operates or do I go with science? Hmmmm. Why does Swan need me to take drugs before making my decision? Hmmmm.

Actually science says that heat is energy, often the term thermal is substituted for heat.

Actually, heat energy is all around us – in volcanoes, in icebergs and in your body. All matter contains heat energy.

Heat energy is the result of the movement of tiny particles called atoms, molecules or ions in solids, liquids and gases. Heat energy can be transferred from one object to another. The transfer or flow due to the difference in temperature between the two objects is called heat.

For example, an ice cube has heat energy and so does a glass of lemonade. If you put the ice in the lemonade, the lemonade (which is warmer) will transfer some of its heat energy to the ice. In other words, it will heat up the ice. Eventually, the ice will melt and the lemonade and water from the ice will be the same temperature. This is known as reaching a state of thermal equilibrium.

Moving particles
Matter is all around you. It is everything in the universe – anything that has both mass and volume and takes up space is matter. Matter exists in different physical forms – solids, liquids and gases.

All matter is made of tiny particles called atoms, molecules and ions. These tiny particles are always in motion – either bumping into each other or vibrating back and forth. It is the motion of particles that creates a form of energy called heat (or thermal) energy that is present in all matter.

LOL every third grader knows that heat is defined as the transfer of energy between systems

Tell the farm animals that you want a transfer to Finland

The equation for calculating heat energy is q=mCpΔT, where q is the heat variable, m is the mass of the object, Cp is the specific heat constant and ΔT is the temperature change.
12-03-2021 02:35
(14406)
Swan wrote:Actually science says that heat is energy, often the term thermal is substituted for heat.

Nope. When you are talking about science you should produce the science in question.

There you go. The flow of thermal energy is not thermal energy but a process involving thermal energy.

12-03-2021 02:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Actually science says that heat is energy, often the term thermal is substituted for heat.

Nope. When you are talking about science you should produce the science in question.

There you go. The flow of thermal energy is not thermal energy but a process involving thermal energy.

The equation for calculating heat energy is q=mCpΔT, where q is the heat variable, m is the mass of the object, Cp is the specific heat constant and ΔT is the temperature change.

You are my internet pet, is this what you studied for?

he he he
12-03-2021 02:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

In thermodynamics, heat is energy in transfer to or from a thermodynamic system, by mechanisms other than thermodynamic work or transfer of matter. The various mechanisms of energy transfer that define heat are stated in the next section of this article. Like thermodynamic work, heat transfer is a process involving more than one system, not a property of any one system. In thermodynamics, energy transferred as heat (a process function) contributes to change in the system's cardinal energy variable of state, for example its internal energy, or for example its enthalpy. This is to be distinguished from the ordinary language conception of heat as a property of an isolated system. The quantity of energy transferred as heat in a process is the amount of transferred energy excluding any thermodynamic work that was done and any energy contained in matter transferred. For the precise definition of heat, it is necessary that it occur by a path that does not include transfer of matter. Though not immediately by the definition, but in special kinds of process, quantity of energy transferred as heat can be measured by its effect on the states of interacting bodies. For example, respectively in special circumstances, heat transfer can be measured by the amount of ice melted, or by change in temperature of a body in the surroundings of the system. Such methods are called calorimetry. The conventional symbol used to represent the amount of heat transferred in a thermodynamic process is Q. As an amount of energy (being transferred), the SI unit of heat is the joule (J)., In thermodynamics, heat is energy in transfer to or from a thermodynamic system, by mechanisms other than thermodynamic work or transfer of matter. The various mechanisms of energy transfer that define heat are stated in the next section of this article. Like thermodynamic work, heat transfer is a process involving more than one system, not a property of any one system. In thermodynamics, energy transferred as heat contributes to change in the system's cardinal energy variable of state, for example its internal energy, or for example its enthalpy. This is to be distinguished from the ordinary language conception of heat as a property of an isolated system. The quantity of energy transferred as heat in a process is the amount of transferred energy excluding any thermodynamic work that was done and any energy contained in matter transferred. For the precise definition of heat, it is necessary that it occur by a path that does not include transfer of matter. Though not immediately by the definition, but in special kinds of process, quantity of energy transferred as heat can be measured by its effect on the states of interacting bodies. For example, respectively in special circumstances, heat transfer can be measured by the amount of ice melted, or by change in temperature of a body in the surroundings of the system. Such methods are called calorimetry. The conventional symbol used to represent the amount of heat transferred in a thermodynamic process is Q. As an amount of energy (being transferred), the SI unit of heat is the joule (J)., In thermodynamics, heat is energy in transfer to or from a thermodynamic system, by mechanisms other than thermodynamic work or transfer of matter. Like thermodynamic work, heat transfer is a process involving more than one system, not a property of any one system. In thermodynamics, energy transferred as heat contributes to change in the system's cardinal energy variable of state, e.g. its internal energy or its enthalpy. This is to be distinguished from the conception of heat as a property of an isolated system. The quantity of energy transferred as heat in a process is the amount of transferred energy excluding any thermodynamic work and any energy contained in matter transferred. For the precise definition of heat, it is necessary that it occur by a path that does not include transfer of matter. In special kinds of process, quantity of energy transferred as heat can be measured by its effect on the states of interacting bodies, e.g. the amount of ice melted or change in temperature of a body in the surroundings of the system. Such methods are called calorimetry. The conventional symbol used to represent the amount of heat transferred in a thermodynamic process is Q. As an amount of energy (being transferred), the SI unit of heat is the joule (J).
View on Reegle
Reegle Definition

Also Known As
Heat energy

Got that Jr.
12-03-2021 02:51
(14406)
Swan wrote:The equation for calculating heat energy is

... exactly what I posted. Are you telling me you can't read/understand it?

Sit Swan, sit! Now roll over. Good boy.

12-03-2021 03:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:The equation for calculating heat energy is

... exactly what I posted. Are you telling me you can't read/understand it?

Sit Swan, sit! Now roll over. Good boy.

See we both knew this would end in my favor. AS it always has

But thanks for trying.
Edited on 12-03-2021 04:15
12-03-2021 04:27
(14406)
Swan wrote:See we both knew this would end in my favor. AS it always has.

That's right, you're such a good little boy, you're going to get your favor this time too, aren't you? Yes you are!

12-03-2021 04:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

That's right, you're such a good little boy, you're going to get your favor this time too, aren't you? Yes you are!

Dude even the dog knows that heat is energy...........................

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They really pay you to do this.

Amazing

Now fetch boy
12-03-2021 05:07
(14406)
Swan wrote:Dude even the dog knows that heat is energy................

Too funny. Now you speak with dogs and you hail them as your physics experts. I'm wondering where this leads. Do the cats do your taxes?

12-03-2021 05:43
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

Too funny. Now you speak with dogs and you hail them as your physics experts. I'm wondering where this leads. Do the cats do your taxes?

As if it takes a physics expert to know that heat is energy.

Sheesh
12-03-2021 06:15
(14406)
Swan wrote:As if it takes a physics expert to know that heat is energy.

It takes a scientifically illiterate moron who thinks he's a science genius to believe that heat is energy.

12-03-2021 11:19
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I thought I was your scientifically illiterate moron.Are you cheating on me
12-03-2021 13:56
(14406)
duncan61 wrote:
I thought I was your scientifically illiterate moron.Are you cheating on me

You are one of the many.

12-03-2021 23:00
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Insult fallacies.

Swan wrote:
Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:

Heat is energy barney, everyone agrees except you and your doctor who does not want to argue with a doofus

Heat is not energy. Heat is the flow of thermal energy. Insulting people is not going change the fact that you are ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which defines 'heat' and why it always flows from hot to cold.

Science does not use consensus. It has no voting bloc. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-03-2021 23:09
12-03-2021 23:13
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL you really need to accept that heat is energy.

Heat is not energy. It is the flow of thermal energy. Denial of the 2nd law of thermodyamics.

Your stocks go up or down today?[/quote]

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2021 23:28
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Actually science says that heat is energy,

No, it doesn't. See the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which defines the concept of 'heat'.
Swan wrote:
often the term thermal is substituted for heat.

Nope.
Swan wrote:
Actually, heat energy is all around us

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
– in volcanoes,

Volcanoes are not energy.
Swan wrote:
in icebergs

Icebergs are not energy.
Swan wrote:
and in your body.

A body is not energy.
Swan wrote:
All matter contains heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Heat energy is the result of the movement of tiny particles called atoms, molecules or ions in solids, liquids and gases.

No. You are describing thermal energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Heat energy can be transferred from one object to another.

Heat doesn't transfer anywhere.
Swan wrote:
The transfer or flow due to the difference in temperature between the two objects is called heat.

No. The flow is due to a difference of thermal energy. Thermal energy is not temperature.
Swan wrote:
For example, an ice cube has heat energy

An ice cube is not energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
and so does a glass of lemonade.

Lemonade is not energy.
Swan wrote:
If you put the ice in the lemonade, the lemonade (which is warmer)

How do you know the lemonade is warmer?
Swan wrote:
will transfer some of its heat energy to the ice.

Heat is not energy. Heat doesn't transfer anywhere.
Swan wrote:
In other words, it will heat up the ice.

IF the lemonade is warmer than the ice, that is true. Heat, however, is not energy.
Swan wrote:
...deleted part about matter because it doesn't matter...

This equation does not calculate heat energy.
'q' is thermal energy, measured in joules. Heat is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2021 23:29
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are my internet pet, is this what you studied for?

he he he

Heat is not energy. Heat is not thermal energy. It is the flow of thermal energy.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2021 23:33
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

In thermodynamics, heat is energy in transfer to or from a thermodynamic system,

This part is correct. Heat is the flow of thermal energy, not the energy itself.
Swan wrote:
The conventional symbol used to represent the amount of heat transferred in a thermodynamic process is Q. As an amount of energy (being transferred), the SI unit of heat is the joule (J).

There is no 'conventional symbol'. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Also Known As
Heat energy

Got that Jr.

Heat is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2021 23:35
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Dude even the dog knows that heat is energy...........................

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They really pay you to do this.

Amazing

Now fetch boy

A DOG??? A dog doesn't know anything about heat, thermal energy, light, or any equations!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2021 23:36
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Sheesh

'Expert' worship. No, heat is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2021 23:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Sheesh

Yes heat is energy, what makes you say that heat is not energy?

Everyday Examples of Heat Energy
There are three basic ways to transfer heat energy: convection, conduction, and radiation. Convection transfers heat energy through gases or liquids. Conduction transfers heat energy from one solid to another. Radiation transfers heat in the form of waves or particles through places where there are no molecules. It is a form of electromagnetic energy. Here are some common examples of heat energy.

The biggest example of heat energy in our solar system is the sun itself. The sun radiates heat to warm us up on the planet earth.
When the burner of a stovetop is very hot, it is a source of heat energy. Anything placed onto the stovetop and warmed, whether a pot of tea or a skillet for frying eggs, also become sources of heat energy.
Automobile fuels such as gasoline are sources of heat energy, as is the hot engine of a racecar or a school bus.
A toaster is turned on and turns a piece of bread into a piece of toast. This is due to the radiant heat energy of the toast, which draws moisture from the bread and makes it crispy.
A hot cup of steaming cocoa contains heat energy.
Any fire, from the smallest match, to the fireplace, to the biggest forest fire ever, contains heat energy – with even the smallest of fires potentially resulting in the massive amount of heat energy seen in a huge blaze.
When ice is placed into a glass of water, the heat energy from the water eventually melts the ice, meaning the water itself is a source of heat energy.
A radiator or heating system in a home provides radiant heat energy to warm a house during those long, cold winter months.
Conventional ovens are sources of convection heat energy, causing the food placed into it to become hot and cook.
Your body contains heat energy that can warm a cold glass of lemonade, melt the ice on the other side of a window, and make someone else warm when you hug them.
Geothermal energy is a type of heat energy generated and stored beneath the surface of the Earth. This type of energy is used to heat homes and buildings.
A huge amount of heat energy is stored in a bolt of lightning, which can strike and start a fire or cause an electrical outage.
Heat energy is contained inside of a hot piece of pizza – if it doesn't cool down, that heat energy has the potential to hurt the roof of a person's mouth.
When your computer is turned on, the components inside of it generate heat energy, which needs to be cooled with a small fan installed within the machine.
A bathtub filled with hot water contains enough heat energy to warm a cold body back to a comfortable level on a frigid day.
There is heat energy inside a cat that can be transferred to a person when the warm animal jumps up onto his or her lap.
13-03-2021 00:34
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Sheesh

Yes heat is energy,

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
what makes you say that heat is not energy?

The 2nd law of thermodynamics. RQAA.
Swan wrote:
Everyday Examples of Heat Energy
There are three basic ways to transfer heat energy:

Heat is not energy. Heat is not transferred anywhere.
Swan wrote:
convection, conduction, and radiation.

These are forms of heat, not energy.
Swan wrote:
Convection transfers heat energy through gases or liquids.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
Conduction transfers heat energy from one solid to another.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
Radiation transfers heat in the form of waves or particles through places where there are no molecules.

Heat is not transferred.
Swan wrote:
It is a form of electromagnetic energy.

Electromagnetic energy is not heat. It has no temperature. There is only one form of electromagnetic energy.
Swan wrote:
Here are some common examples of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
The biggest example of heat energy in our solar system is the sun itself.

The Sun is not heat energy.
Swan wrote:
The sun radiates heat to warm us up on the planet earth.

The Sun doesn't radiate heat. It radiates light.
Swan wrote:
When the burner of a stovetop is very hot, it is a source of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Anything placed onto the stovetop and warmed, whether a pot of tea or a skillet for frying eggs, also become sources of heat energy.

Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
Automobile fuels such as gasoline are sources of heat energy,

Nope. Automotive fuels such as gasoline are chemical energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
as is the hot engine of a racecar or a school bus.

A hot engine is not energy.
Swan wrote:
A toaster is turned on and turns a piece of bread into a piece of toast.
This is due to the radiant heat energy of the toast,

Toast is not energy. Heat is not energy.
Swan wrote:
which draws moisture from the bread and makes it crispy.

High temperatures are not necessary for bread to dry out.
Swan wrote:
A hot cup of steaming cocoa contains heat energy.

Heat is not contained in anything.
Swan wrote:
Any fire, from the smallest match, to the fireplace, to the biggest forest fire ever, contains heat energy

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

Page 5 of 6<<<3456>

Join the debate Well Space X aced another controlled landing. Will be using really low IQ astronuts:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Space travel is hoax3316-04-2024 23:24
Well space x blew up another starship, currently batting 0.0/nada/nothing/zero/zilch018-11-2023 20:38
Low temperature breaks record set over 100 years ago, proving climate change is real2801-06-2022 06:03
Record low temps across America.227-04-2022 02:17
Could space debris be a challenge for collecting data on climate change?1023-03-2021 04:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact