Remember me
▼ Content

US Climate in June 2020

Page 3 of 3<123
14-07-2020 19:21
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
https://niwa.co.nz/climate/research-projects/carbonwatchnz/dailyco2measurements.Loved this link I will be looking in to depth when I have more time
14-07-2020 19:27
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
.... Answer the questions...
Response is here: link

duncan61 wrote:
https://niwa.co.nz/climate/research-projects/carbonwatchnz/dailyco2measurements.Loved this link I will be looking in to depth when I have more time

There are about 10 main measurement sites Duncan. CO2 mixes well in the atmosphere so it's consistent worldwide.

Note this maps gradient goes from just 391 to 402. (From 2013)link

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 14-07-2020 19:42
14-07-2020 19:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
tgoebbles wrote: CO2 mixes well in the atmosphere so it's consistent worldwide.

Cat-3 Violation of Local Ordinance § TMID: Argument Requiring Omniscience.

One thing we do know is that atmospheric CO2 levels are several times higher than average on site of an active volcano ... where the one and only station that you reference resides.

Dismissed.

The Race Card: Don't leave home to loot without it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-07-2020 21:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

duncan61 wrote:

There are about 10 main measurement sites Duncan. CO2 mixes well in the atmosphere so it's consistent worldwide.

WRONG. CO2 is not consistent in the atmosphere. It varies with the seasons, volcanic eruptions, sea life, and of course man's activities (which tend to be concentrated in city and urban areas, less than 1% of the surface of the Earth).

It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric content of CO2 on Earth, any more than it is possible to use 20 thermometers to measure the temperature of the Earth.

Mantra 25e...25a...

No gas or vapor has the capability of warming the Earth. Mantras 20a1...20a2...20b...

No argument presented. RQAA. Denial of science. Denial of mathematics.

Answer the questions put to you.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 14-07-2020 21:42
14-07-2020 22:07
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Continued evasion.

tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Note this maps gradient goes from just 391 to 402. (From 2013)link

Violation of tmiddles ordinance (C-3).
Summarily dismissed.
15-07-2020 03:06
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1147774/ring-of-fire-activity-latest-volcano-eruptions-mapped

Why are the 7 main CO2 monitoring stations all in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Specifically in a straight line down the middle of the volcano 'Ring of Fire'. Map above, shows the current active volcanoes, in red. Wouldn't the Norwegian Jet Stream sort of push all the volcanic CO2, right over the monitoring stations?
Edited on 15-07-2020 03:17
15-07-2020 03:10
(3979)
fixed your image. The url needs to end in jpg:
HarveyH55 wrote:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1147774/ring-of-fire-activity-latest-volcano-eruptions-mapped

Why are the 7 main CO2 monitoring stations all in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Specifically in a straight line down the middle of the volcano 'Ring of Fire'. Map above, shows the current active volcanoes, in red. Wouldn't the Norwegian Jet Stream sort of push all the volcanic CO2, right over the monitoring stations?

Edited on 15-07-2020 03:14
15-07-2020 04:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

You shouldn't promote your ignorance. El Nino's also affect the jet stream over the Pacific. But as you said, you don't even have a prepaid smartphone with unlimited data. Can't really discuss anything with you when you can't check out anything you want to discuss.
Even at$45 you can get 5GB of data. If you watch a lot of video, that won't last long.
15-07-2020 07:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
With this, it shows the tropical jet stream. And during certain times of the year, the polar jet stream can become the tropical jet stream and end in the eastern Mediterranean.

https://www.weather.gov/jetstream/enso_impacts

And Harvey, you missed something obvious because you've only lived in 1 country and have spoken only 1 language, since CO2 is evenly distributed around the world, within ~10 ppm, why is the Arctic warming 4 times faster than the southern hemisphere?

p.s., my dad loved going up to Alaska on boats/ships as well. And with me, have circled the globe and have been from Perth, Australia to Yekaterinburg, Russia among other places. I guess being exposed to a lot helps.
15-07-2020 08:40
(14416)
James___ wrote: since CO2 is evenly distributed around the world, within ~10 ppm, why is the Arctic warming 4 times faster than the southern hemisphere?

litesong explained this. The Global Warming berserkers blast the Arctic with their HEAT, causing huge spikes in temperature within the Arctic circle, forcing the Arctic cold to rapidly expand outward, blowing those freezing cold shock waves over the US. The result is an oven-roasted Arctic and the false appearance of colder temperatures in the US.

It's pretty straightforward.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-07-2020 11:52
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

You shouldn't promote your ignorance. El Nino's also affect the jet stream over the Pacific. But as you said, you don't even have a prepaid smartphone with unlimited data. Can't really discuss anything with you when you can't check out anything you want to discuss.
Even at$45 you can get 5GB of data. If you watch a lot of video, that won't last long.

What the hell does any of that, have to do with the main CO2 monitoring stations being on, and surrounded by, CO2 spewing volcanoes? The IPCC chose the area of the planet, with the most active volcanoes, instead of a more even distribution. Also tend to believe that they have being monitoring global temperature in the warmest areas on the planet in a similar skewed manor, likely the same active volcanoes. They are going with global averages, so, more data points in areas that produce numbers that better illustrate their silly claims, helps make the point.
15-07-2020 12:16
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I am going to go get a CO2 reading from the top of Mount Augustus in the East Gascoyne where there is no human activity.I will get back to you all
15-07-2020 12:25
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have found a unit that does CO2 the temperature and humidity in percent.$134AUD Its going to happen team I am going to get readings from everywhere
15-07-2020 14:26
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have set up the order and will confirm and pay tomorrow.Watch out Warmazombies a Duncan is coming your way with the real CO2 measurements
15-07-2020 14:51
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
HarveyH55 wrote:

There is a very good video of the change of CO2 (and CO) over 1 year based on global CO2 measurement data at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1SgmFa0r04

Note there is no evidence of the ring of fire in it, so volcanoes are not a significant source of CO2. The main sources are the industrial countries. There is also a remarkable difference between the N and S hemispheres. It also shows that accumulation of CO2 at high latitudes where there are few sources.
15-07-2020 16:09
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
So my Australian measurements will not count as we do not to appear to have a concentration.How much of that model allowed for the deciduous forest giving of CO2 then uptaking it again in spring in the northern hemisphere.We have few trees that are not evergreen here only the grape vines die off.I know I have one.It all seems very speculative and I am sure IBDM and ITN are going to look at that computer generated pretty colour show and fall of the chair laughing but I am general public and am interested.Is it extreme to suggest that you believe that 50-100 ppm CO2 for a short period of the year is going to cook us all in the fires of hell
15-07-2020 19:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
I am going to go get a CO2 reading from the top of Mount Augustus in the East Gascoyne where there is no human activity.I will get back to you all

Will be interesting to know what you come up with.
15-07-2020 20:08
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
I have found a unit that does CO2 the temperature and humidity in percent.$134AUD Its going to happen team I am going to get readings from everywhere

Read up on you detector, some take a while, before they give good readings. Maybe the sensors have gotten better. Couple years ago, I was interest in building a simple device, that was cheap and easy. The idea was to get a bunch of people to make their own, and have the GPS location and reading logged on the internet.

Wasn't too thrilled with the budget sensors at all. Going for a decent on, for an outdoors unit, was more than I, or most people, would be willing to spend. I was looking at around $50 for the who project, but looking to be at least $300. About half, just for the sensor.

I don't believe CO2 is basically evenly distributed at all. Farm land areas should give pretty low readings, during the growing seasons. Industrial areas should be fairly high most of the time as well.
15-07-2020 22:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Read up on you detector, some take a while, before they give good readings. Maybe the sensors have gotten better. Couple years ago, I was interest in building a simple device, that was cheap and easy. The idea was to get a bunch of people to make their own, and have the GPS location and reading logged on the internet.

Wasn't too thrilled with the budget sensors at all. Going for a decent on, for an outdoors unit, was more than I, or most people, would be willing to spend. I was looking at around $50 for the who project, but looking to be at least $300. About half, just for the sensor.

I don't believe CO2 is basically evenly distributed at all. Farm land areas should give pretty low readings, during the growing seasons. Industrial areas should be fairly high most of the time as well.

He might be able to rent one.
15-07-2020 22:23
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

CO2 is also a heavy gas, tending to be lower in the atmosphere than other gases in the atmosphere, but can be found at quite an altitude with no problems It has been measured as high as FL820. Most passenger jets fly around FL300 (30,000 feet).

It also varies with position and season and the type of terrain you are measuring on or over.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-07-2020 01:02
(3979)
duncan61 wrote:
So my Australian measurements will not count as we do not to appear to have a concentration....
You need to look at the range in the graphics. This video is great which DRKTS shared:
Note that is shows an extreme difference for just a 10ppm spread (deep red being 365 ppm and clear being 377 ppm for 2006).

You should measure readings consistent with the whole globe: Over 380 ppm for sure. Enough to confirm a dramatic increase in CO2 in the past 50 years.
16-07-2020 02:00
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
So my Australian measurements will not count as we do not to appear to have a concentration....
You need to look at the range in the graphics. This video is great which DRKTS shared:
Note that is shows an extreme difference for just a 10ppm spread (deep red being 365 ppm and clear being 377 ppm for 2006).

You should measure readings consistent with the whole globe: Over 380 ppm for sure. Enough to confirm a dramatic increase in CO2 in the past 50 years.

Attempt to force a 'measurement' to satisfy predetermined value. Argument from randU fallacy.
Base rate fallacy.

No argument presented. Denial of mathematics.

The Parrot Killer

16-07-2020 02:13
(14416)
tmiddles wrote: This video is great which DRKTS shared:

duncan asked me to watch the video and comment ... and I could only take a few moments of that crap. Only a gullible moron would fall for that scam.

That isn't any sort of model; it is a special-effect generator. It's the video equivalent of a Photoshop filter.

I feel sorry for anyone who wasted more time than I did watching that video. That time would have been better spent listening to a timeshare presentation.

By the way, it looks like Goya is spanking Black Lives Matter. It appears that BLM crossed the line in demanding a boycott against Goya and now Hispanics all over the world realize that BLM is just the same Marxists that have tried to take over all of their countries and turn them into Venezuela.

DNC: Black Lives Matter. Orange Man Bad.
Hispanics: Black Beans Matter More. Vayamos con Goya! Vayamos con Trump! Dale Trump! Goya para siempre!

There'a a reason every grocery store has a Goya aisle. BLM blew that one. They won't be able to recover. Oh, you'll have to check out Spanish social media to get the true story. The MSM is chanting the standard DNC party line.

I won't be surprised if duncan gets measurements of around 280 ppm. That level makes sense.

16-07-2020 02:37
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Why is it a dramatic increase.Readings have been taken in Canada over 600ppm outside in the fall when all the maple leafs fall of and release CO2.Wonder what it is around the steamy mud pits in New Zealand
16-07-2020 03:05
(3979)
duncan61 wrote:
Why is it a dramatic increase...
depends on your definition of dramatic increase.Data Mine Thread

Into the Night wrote:

Data collection began in 1958 and continues through today. ...

I think a 30% increase in 60 years is shocking.
Edited on 16-07-2020 03:36
16-07-2020 11:06
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Why is it a dramatic increase...
depends on your definition of dramatic increase.Data Mine Thread

...deleted chart of random numbers...

I think a 30% increase in 60 years is shocking.[/quote]

It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric content of CO2 and the Mauna Loa data has been cooked. It's useless. Mantra 25g.

CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth. No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth. Mantras 20a1...20a2...20b...

No argument presented. Denial of math. Denial of science.

Answer the questions put to you:

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate
Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics?
[Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming,
Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy
flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume,
e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature
measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black
people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white
nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black
supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
6) Is there an official list of races? [Status: Unanswered]
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of
racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before
rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if
shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that
emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or
moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at
the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the
daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface?
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty
person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to
destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history
that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced
human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed?
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is
to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives
Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist
Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]

The Parrot Killer

16-07-2020 11:55
(3979)

Into the Night wrote:

Into the Night wrote:...I have already presented the data from Mauna Loa. This is the form and support I would expect of any data. Use that as a 'form guide' if you wish, remembering the rules I set up.

This is an interesting chart you've brought to the board ITN. Thank you.

I will try to use it as a guide.
16-07-2020 12:29
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:

Into the Night wrote:
...deleted chart of random numbers...

Into the Night wrote:...I have already presented the data from Mauna Loa. This is the form and support I would expect of any data. Use that as a 'form guide' if you wish, remembering the rules I set up.

This is an interesting chart you've brought to the board ITN. Thank you.

I will try to use it as a guide.

You ARE using a chart of random numbers as a guide.

It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric content of CO2.
CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth.

Mantra 4a...4c...25g...20a1...20a2...20b...

No argument presented. Denial of math. Denial of science.
Answer the questions put to you.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 16-07-2020 12:29
16-07-2020 13:51
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have placed the order for the measuring device oh happy day!!
16-07-2020 16:35
(14416)
duncan61 wrote: I have placed the order for the measuring device oh happy day!!

What's the make and model?
What's it costing you?
Let's help you get the most bang for the buck.

17-07-2020 13:44
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I will email a picture when I get it.This Sunday I am going to work on my ability to copy pictures and posting skills.The CO2 better be over 400ppm every where I go or else
17-07-2020 15:16
(14416)
duncan61 wrote:
I will email a picture when I get it.This Sunday I am going to work on my ability to copy pictures and posting skills.The CO2 better be over 400ppm every where I go or else

(You don't know what make and model you ordered?)

If you get sub-300 ppm I won't be surprised.

17-07-2020 15:30
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Carbon Dioxide Detector with Rechargeable Battery Portable CO2 Meter Tester CO2 Sensor

Type that in.Its the white one on a bracket.I went for it as the others did too much other stuff this one shows CO2ppm temperature and humidity laid out on the screen.It was $151.45 AUD after all the bits added on.I am going to enjoy it when I take a sneaky reading and anounce to my zombie friends you are aware its 5000ppm in this room right now
17-07-2020 16:18
(14416)
duncan61 wrote:
Carbon Dioxide Detector with Rechargeable Battery Portable CO2 Meter Tester CO2 Sensor

Type that in.Its the white one on a bracket.I went for it as the others did too much other stuff this one shows CO2ppm temperature and humidity laid out on the screen.It was $151.45 AUD after all the bits added on.I am going to enjoy it when I take a sneaky reading and anounce to my zombie friends you are aware its 5000ppm in this room right now

I presume it's this model?

It has a tolerance of +/- 40 ppm

This should be good.

17-07-2020 16:37
(14416)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

I presume it's this model?

It has a tolerance of +/- 40 ppm

This should be good.

One thing I forgot to mention ... this is going to sound totally retentive but I really want you to be armed like a true researcher and not summarily dismissed like DRATS.

When you take a reading, please record the time and date, please record the geographic location as accurately as you can and, I know this is going to sound like a pain in the articulate but always include the device's tolerance, i.e. "330 ppm +/- 40 ppm"

The above is required for your data to be "valid" otherwise sticklers like myself will be tempted accuse you of pulling those values out of your articulate.

When the device arrives, jot down the make and model number as it appears on the materials that are shipped ... before you throw them away. Other makes and models will be manufactured in China that look identical but are nonetheless different makes and models. For your data to be valid you must be ready to divulge the exact make and model of your device. So just jot it down and stick it in a drawer or something so you can always render it.

... and lastly, don't fudge your numbers. Only report what the device reads and don't pretend to "adjust" your data for any "known conditions." That kind of crap will get your results bounced.

Good luck.

18-07-2020 02:36
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Yes.That is the exact one.I will do as you ask and keep good records.I do a log book for my car every morning so I will take a reading at 7.30 in the middle of the front garden every day.I should not be this excited
18-07-2020 03:27
(5197)
https://www.amazon.com/Dioxide-Detector-Rechargeable-Battery-Portable/dp/B082HBQ9C5

Looks like the same one pictured above. Not sure about manufacturer, or model number, or would have search for the user's manual. It's data logging, but no mention if the data can be pulled off through the USB.
18-07-2020 03:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
Yes.That is the exact one.I will do as you ask and keep good records.I do a log book for my car every morning so I will take a reading at 7.30 in the middle of the front garden every day.I should not be this excited

Video.
18-07-2020 08:02
(14416)
duncan61 wrote:

Please include your time zone.

Also, if possible, you add value to your data by noting the elevation. I say "if possible" because you might not inherently know.

However, if you get a chance to take periodic measurements at sea level (i.e. go to the ocean/coast and hold the device just above the water), and then compare that to some other known elevation, e.g. 1 km elevation, you (or others) can construct a notional CO2 elevation gradient! CO2 is heavier than O2 or N2 so it tends to "settle" downward, i.e. you SHOULD expect a somewhat higher reading at sea level than you get at higher altitudes, but winds can very easily throw a wrench into that intake.

In short, measuring in the front garden every day is certainly good. You add value if you can afix two open-air locations, one at sea level and one at a higher elevation, and take a few periodic measurements at each of those locations, as close together chronologically as possible.

Just a few recommendations. I'm not looking to make anything overly complicated, just to afford some insight into maximizing the value of your data.

Again, good luck.

Edited on 18-07-2020 08:21
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate US Climate in June 2020:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
JUNE 2020 GLOBAL CLIMATE4316-07-2020 19:31
Temperatures leap 40 degrees above normal as the Arctic Ocean and Greenland ice sheet see record June mel318-06-2019 06:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact