▼ Content

JUNE 2020 GLOBAL CLIMATE

Page 1 of 212>
JUNE 2020 GLOBAL CLIMATE14-07-2020 15:17
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZ1jQm2AJA

For those who have a comprehension problem (IBDM, for example) this video is about the changing global climate parameters for the month of June 2020 (as it title suggests). All data used is reference therein and readily available to anyone who has the motor skills to use a computer mouse.
14-07-2020 17:50
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
What if we have the motor skills, but just don't see any reason to be concerned? I prefer a warm climate, over a cold one. CO2 os a healthy trace gas, and critical to food production. I prefer to plenty of food available, rather than have to worker harder, and get less. I do have a fair appreciation, for just how big this planet is, and it's many complexities. Mostly, 'climatology' is done on a computer screen, a simulation. Basically, it's sort of a 'What if...' video game, with only enough similarities to reality, to play the game, and get the predetermined results, to impress the other cult members. It's based entirely on speculation, for which you need to have an incredible quantity of faith, and completely gullible, to ignore reality. Appeals most to people, who spent much of their adult life, living in their mother's basement, playing online video games.
14-07-2020 19:17
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
DRKTS wrote:

Video dismissed on sight unless you can summarize the arguments contained within the video or form your own arguments about what was contained within the video.

DRKTS wrote:
For those who have a comprehension problem (IBDM, for example) this video is about the changing global climate parameters for the month of June 2020 (as it title suggests).

Define "climate". Define "global climate". Is "climate" quantifiable? If so, then how so?

DRKTS wrote:
All data used is reference therein and readily available to anyone who has the motor skills to use a computer mouse.

See my responses above.
14-07-2020 21:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
DRKTS wrote:

For those who have a comprehension problem (IBDM, for example) this video is about the changing global climate parameters for the month of June 2020 (as it title suggests). All data used is reference therein and readily available to anyone who has the motor skills to use a computer mouse.

There is no such thing as 'global climate'. Mantra 22b. It has no 'parameters'. Earth is made up of many climates. Climate doesn't change. There is no value to 'change'.

You are trying to call 'temperature' 'climate' again. Mantra 10b.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. Mantra 25e...25g...25a...

There is no data. Random numbers are not data.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-07-2020 21:37
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
DRKTS wrote: For those who have a comprehension problem (IBDM, for example) this video is about the changing global climate parameters for the month of June 2020 (as it title suggests).

For those who have a comprehension problem (DRKTS, for example) there is no such thing as a "global climate" that you have ever unambiguously defined, and certainly therefore no such thing as "parameters" thereof.

The reason you are unable to write up a summary for us on this board is that one does not summarize church material that has already been carefully word-crafted to express the officially approved message. This is why you are desperate for everyone to "just watch the damn video" so you can get your commission, whatever that amounts to.

DRKTS wrote: All data used is reference therein

You don't know what valid data is and you wouldn't be able to identify it if it were presented with a passport and birth certificate.

Post your data in this forum. I know you won't because you don't have any, and any LAME excuse you offer is merely a testament to that.

You've still given no reason why anyone should waste time of his/her life watching your obvious religious propaganda.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-07-2020 23:30
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
HarveyH55 wrote:
What if we have the motor skills, but just don't see any reason to be concerned? I prefer a warm climate, over a cold one. CO2 os a healthy trace gas, and critical to food production. I prefer to plenty of food available, rather than have to worker harder, and get less. I do have a fair appreciation, for just how big this planet is, and it's many complexities. Mostly, 'climatology' is done on a computer screen, a simulation. Basically, it's sort of a 'What if...' video game, with only enough similarities to reality, to play the game, and get the predetermined results, to impress the other cult members. It's based entirely on speculation, for which you need to have an incredible quantity of faith, and completely gullible, to ignore reality. Appeals most to people, who spent much of their adult life, living in their mother's basement, playing online video games.

A large number of unsupported assertions (i.e., with no evidence to back any of them) and everyone of them wrong.

That would be an unsupported if it weren't for all the thousands of scientific papers and articles on the subject.
14-07-2020 23:32
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
IBdaMann wrote:
DRKTS wrote: For those who have a comprehension problem (IBDM, for example) this video is about the changing global climate parameters for the month of June 2020 (as it title suggests).

For those who have a comprehension problem (DRKTS, for example) there is no such thing as a "global climate" that you have ever unambiguously defined, and certainly therefore no such thing as "parameters" thereof.

The reason you are unable to write up a summary for us on this board is that one does not summarize church material that has already been carefully word-crafted to express the officially approved message. This is why you are desperate for everyone to "just watch the damn video" so you can get your commission, whatever that amounts to.

You don't know what valid data is and you wouldn't be able to identify it if it were presented with a passport and birth certificate.

Post your data in this forum. I know you won't because you don't have any, and any LAME excuse you offer is merely a testament to that.

You've still given no reason why anyone should waste time of his/her life watching your obvious religious propaganda.

There is no "commissions" on a YT video. If there is please let me know how to claim it. They must owe me a huge amount.
15-07-2020 01:21
(5196)
DRKTS wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

There is no "commissions" on a YT video. If there is please let me know how to claim it. They must owe me a huge amount.

Ask YouTube about monetization. I only have one video that broke 50,000 views. They were encouraging me to signup, because I qualified. I never looked into, as the video was a fluke, didn't expect to get a second one anytime soon. Pretty sure there is something there, if you videos are attracting a lot of viewers quickly. Mine, seem to be used as some sort of training video, even nominated for a Darwin Award...
15-07-2020 01:43
(14389)
DRKTS wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: Mostly, 'climatology' is done on a computer screen, a simulation. Basically, it's sort of a 'What if...' video game, with only enough similarities to reality, to play the game, and get the predetermined results, to impress the other cult members. It's based entirely on speculation, for which you need to have an incredible quantity of faith, and completely gullible, to ignore reality. Appeals most to people, who spent much of their adult life, living in their mother's basement, playing online video games.
A large number of unsupported assertions (i.e., with no evidence to back any of them) and everyone of them wrong.

Harvey is spot on. You are a fraud. What kind of cookies is your mother baking for you upstairs? Your religion is defunct. You should have switched over to BLM before the rush. You're hosed now.

DRKTS wrote: That would be an unsupported if it weren't for all the thousands of scientific papers and articles on the subject.

There are no SCIENTIFIC papers on the subject. Zero. There is no science supporting your defunct religion. Zero. You allowed yourself to be brainwashed in a throwaway cult that has been all but abandoned by the DNC. BLM is the replacement; it has the added excitement of play-by-play violent crime. Global Warming is no longer the Prima Donna.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-07-2020 02:47
(5196)
Here's my 'award' winning video, 77k views so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92OLGmu3hws

Forgot to look up the monetization thing, took longer than expected, just to get the video previews. My video uploads are short clips mostly, no sound (usually), and lower resolution. I'm on dial-up internet, takes a long time, even for a few minutes of video.

Anyway, from the nasty-ass comments people left (lots of them), you'll get the idea of why it's sort of used as a training video...
15-07-2020 11:51
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:... I prefer a warm climate, over a cold one....
You should hold a seminar for the ecosystems of the world and share your positive attitude. Insects agree with you already.

Checked out your video too. It's a little funny you have contrarian views on environmental responsibility and you cast lead toys. Fun to watch though.

gfm7175 wrote:
Define "climate". Define "global climate". Is "climate" quantifiable? If so, then how so?
Into the Night wrote:
You are trying to call 'temperature' 'climate' again.
get a dictionary
Climate is long term weather which includes temperature. You guys keep pretending that's tricky but you never make an argument.

ITN you clearly made statements which require a working definition for "climate". What is your definition?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 15-07-2020 11:55
15-07-2020 16:38
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You are trying to call 'temperature' 'climate' again.
get a dictionary

Mantras 4b, 39f.

tmiddles wrote:
Climate is long term weather which includes temperature.

Is "climate" quantifiable? If so, then how so?

tmiddles wrote:
You guys keep pretending that's tricky but you never make an argument.

Ignoring arguments do not make them go away.

tmiddles wrote:
ITN you clearly made statements which require a working definition for "climate". What is your definition?

Mantra 29.
15-07-2020 18:06
(14389)
tgoebbles wrote: Checked out your video too. It's a little funny you have contrarian views on environmental responsibility and you cast lead toys. Fun to watch though.

He's a "contrarian"? That's standard Marxist shame-bullying ... claim he is some sort of outsider while claiming your own views are "of the majority" when it turns out that you are the WACKO extremist contrarian that hates humanity, who hates civilized society, who hates himself and who wants to force all the law-abiding citizenry into defenseless prostration before violent mobs that lynch&loot with impunity.

Harvey is not the contrarian; you are. Harvey makes art. You live to destroy art.

tgoebbles wrote: Climate is long term weather which includes temperature.

... and there is no such thing as long term weather. You have to be a moron to not call bulslhit when you see such mention. Not only did you not call bulslhit, you regurgitated it ... probably on command of your slavemasters.

There is no such thing as long term weather and there is no such thing as global weather. All weather is local and in the here and now. It takes a special type of moron to not know this ... or to be brainwashed out of remembering.

tgoebbles wrote: ITN you clearly made statements which require a working definition for "climate". What is your definition?

Oh, pick me! Pick me!

From The Manual:

Climate: proper noun
The heroine of the Global Warming mythology, Climate is the Democratic People's Goddess. Born out of the Scientific Consensus, She oversees the central planning and administration of all weather, ecosystems, and local climates across the globe, as well as all interactions thereof. Climate is responsible for the care and well-being of all life on earth. In other faiths She is called Gaia, Durga, Mother Nature, et. al.

Note: Climate, by her nature, never changes but she is believed to be constantly changing, thus forming the grand mystery of the Global Warming faith. This is a core tenet of Settled Science.

Attached image:

15-07-2020 18:41
(3314)
hahahaha I like that tmiddles BLM card image.

Doesn't tmiddles realize that weather is HYPER local... At a given time, it could be downpouring at Location X, yet a couple miles away at Location Y, it could be the complete opposite (sunny).

This is why I don't understand what tmiddles means when he tries to make weather out to be "long term" (as if there is some sort of pattern to it) or "global" (even though it is actually very hyper local)...
15-07-2020 20:27
(5196)
gfm7175 wrote:

Doesn't tmiddles realize that weather is HYPER local... At a given time, it could be downpouring at Location X, yet a couple miles away at Location Y, it could be the complete opposite (sunny).

This is why I don't understand what tmiddles means when he tries to make weather out to be "long term" (as if there is some sort of pattern to it) or "global" (even though it is actually very hyper local)...

Miles? Yesterday evening, I had a downpour in my front yard, only a light spring (being generous) in the backyard, and still did a decent time lapse of the sunset. Usually, I pull the camera indoors, can get wet, if it's driving rain, but not a lot of wind yesterday. Was hoping for a rainbow and a sunset, all in one.
15-07-2020 21:07
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Miles? Yesterday evening, I had a downpour in my front yard, only a light spring (being generous) in the backyard, and still did a decent time lapse of the sunset. Usually, I pull the camera indoors, can get wet, if it's driving rain, but not a lot of wind yesterday. Was hoping for a rainbow and a sunset, all in one.

Indeed! As you say, it need not even be miles apart for a complete difference in weather. Weather is hyper local.
16-07-2020 00:08
(21588)
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Indeed! As you say, it need not even be miles apart for a complete difference in weather. Weather is hyper local.

I've seen intense rains strike a single city block where a building was being constructed with clear skies around it. The workmen just got off the building and had lunch across the street until the thing passed. Weather can get weird in Hawaii.

I've also flown into an airport that was clear on one end of a 1 mile long runway, and intense hail was on the other end, a temperature drop of 30 deg F occurred over that distance as well. The wind shifts in the area were amazing.

I've seen tornado activity as small as a 1/2 acre, leaving everything around it untouched. Whirlwinds, usually caused by turbulence as wind flows around an object, are even smaller. Small as they are, they ARE a change in wind direction and speed. They are weather.

I've seen ball lightning fly down a local power line and blow the hell out a transformer. It's even been known to bounce down the center line of an aircraft in flight (you can imagine what any passengers must've thought of one THOSE bouncing down the center aisle and right out the rear bulkhead!). Sometimes it will just hang off the nose of the aircraft, growing larger and larger, until it explodes in a blinding flash of light (harmless to the aircraft structure, though a few radios will typically get blown out).

This is why modern aircraft have static discharge wires hanging off the trailing edges.

Firestorms are also weather. It's a tornado of fire...you know...Pillar of Fire stuff. These can often form in brush fires or forest fires, but can form alone from just a camp fire.

Cloud cover sensors at airports are just a laser sensor pointing straight up. They are designed to measure the clouds and their altitude over an airport...important info for pilots. Because of their design, though, a passing aircraft leaving a smoke trail (like an aerobatics pilot in an airshow) can fool this sensor into registering a cloud. This does get reported in the usual METAR packet issued from the airport every 1/2 hour. It is reported as weather.

Passing aircraft also squeeze humidity out of the air and condense it into visible clouds. These are left as streaks in the sky (contrails). They are water clouds, just like 'weather' clouds that form naturally. Jet engines compress air and burn fuel, resulting in water vapor as part of the exhaust as well, only adding to the available humidity. This is why you can see contrails even on a perfectly clear sky. Are they 'weather'? Even if only man made? They are certainly quantifiable. You can measure the cloud cover and the humidity of them.

It has even been known to rain fish. They get sucked out of some body of water by a waterspout (a tornado at sea) and can fall as 'rain' to anywhere nearby. Sucks for the poor fish though.

In the desert, you can often get flash floods, even though the sky overhead is perfectly clear. The water comes from a storm in a nearby mountain range. For those that foolishly decide to camp in these washes to get out of the wind, they may get a nasty surprise during the night! Such floods can appear in seconds, and can be intense. They can disappear just as quickly, leaving behind only wet soil.

In areas of find sand, huge dust storms can move in within minutes. From clear skies to almost zero visibility in minutes. You can't even go outside in such storms without eye, ear, and breathing protection devices, and a way to navigate where you are going.

Mt St. Helens exploded, creating an ash cloud that brought night to noontime in Yakima, and hazy overcast in most other areas.

All of these are the same quantifiable values as weather. Temperature, wind direction and speed, humidity, pressure, cloud cover, amount and type of rain, snow, hail, or whatever, and
of course, the presence of flooding or drought.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-07-2020 00:10
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: ITN you clearly made statements which require a working definition for "climate". What is your definition?

Oh, pick me! Pick me!
I wanted to know what ITNs definition was. GFM needs one so maybe he'll accept the definition ITN uses.

gfm7175 wrote:
Is "climate" quantifiable? If so, then how so?
You're repeated the same question while ignoring the answer I provided. Climate is long term weather (annual on Earth for obvious reasons). It includes temperature which is of course quantifiable. Do you have an argument to make? Or are you just going to repost the same question?

IBdaMann wrote:...There is no such thing as long term weather ...All weather is local and in the here and now.
So identifying the mean daytime temp, nighttime lows and other basic climate info we're used to is nonsense?
Denver, CO
Weather averages
Overview
Graphs
Month High / Low(°C)
July 33° / 16°
Rain 5 days

Oh wait, Denver isn't local, that's a huge sprawling space. How local exactly? An infinitesimal point in space? Any weather attribute will vary some amount from one molecule to the next, from on cubic millimeter to the next. You guys are simply making the one argument you always make: NOTHING CAN BE KNOWN! as your goal is to duck debate entirely.

gfm7175 wrote:
...Doesn't tmiddles realize that weather is HYPER local... At a given time, it could be downpouring at Location X, yet a couple miles away at Location Y,...he tries to make weather out to be "long term" (as if there is some sort of pattern to it) or "global" (even though it is actually very hyper local)...
This is a denial that "Denver", the city as a whole, has weather that can be identified at all. But then again you can't even know the weather in your own home now can you GFM?
gfm7175 wrote:
I have no clue what the temperature of my house is.
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....

I think we've covered this one guys. Your perspectives have certainly been provided many many times, as has mine.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 16-07-2020 00:12
16-07-2020 00:48
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:...EGREGIOUS violation of tmiddles ordinance...

Summarily dismissed.
16-07-2020 01:06
(14389)
tgoebbles wrote: I wanted to know what ITNs definition was.

That was implied by the fact that you asked him, yes.

I just gave you the true definition of the Climate goddess. It's just as falsifiable as your definition but less ambiguous. As long as you are using your definition, you are WRONG!

tgoebbles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: Is "climate" quantifiable? If so, then how so?
You're repeated the same question while ignoring the answer I provided. Climate is long term weather (annual on Earth for obvious reasons).

You're repeated the same response to gfm7175 while ignoring the correction I provided to your egregious error. There is no such thing as either long term or global weather. You know this, which is why you cannot provide any examples. All you would be able to muster are examples of very, very temporary instances of local weather. It takes a special type of moron to believe that those can somehow be morphed into something else.

So the correct answer to gfm7175 is "You are correct, Climate is completely unfalsifiable religious dogma that is unquantifiable and not affiliated with science in any way."

On that note, I was hoping you could tell us what some of your favorite Climate prayers are, and what passages you like to underline in your Wikipedia.

tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: There is no such thing as long term weather ...All weather is local and in the here and now.
So identifying the mean daytime temp, nighttime lows and other basic climate info we're used to is nonsense?

Nonsequitur. You are raving at this point. I think you got some of that frothing on your collar.

Oh, hey, good news! The new BLM Gold Cards are in and yours is on its way to you. The new ones are pretty similar to the old ones but for increased protection a security hologram has been added, and Wikipedia has been included as a sponsoring network. There have been other touch-ups as well so enjoy!

The Black Lives Matter Gold Card: It's Everywhere You Want To Tear Down Statues!
Attached image:

Edited on 16-07-2020 01:10
16-07-2020 01:27
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:....There is no such thing as either long term or global weather....
So admit that you are denying any description of weather beyond an infinitesimal point in space and time.

Don't pretend you object to the use of the word "climate" when you object to any use of the word "weather" or "temperature" to describe any area beyond an infinitesimally small point in space and time.

It is an absurd position you've taken along with GFM but that is in fact it isn't it?

Again IBD say what it is YOU think weather IS, not what it is not.

But let me guess.... You'll be asking a question next instead and saying what things aren't and how I got it wrong.

Edited on 16-07-2020 01:34
16-07-2020 01:55
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted IAW tmiddles ordinance #1...

No argument presented. RQAA. Denial of math. Denial of science. Spam.

Answer the questions put to you:

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate
Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics?
[Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming,
Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy
flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume,
e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature
measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black
people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white
nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black
supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
6) Is there an official list of races? [Status: Unanswered]
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of
racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before
rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if
shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that
emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or
moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at
the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the
daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface?
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty
person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to
destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history
that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced
human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed?
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is
to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives
Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist
Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]

The Parrot Killer

16-07-2020 01:57
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted IAW tmiddle ordinance #1...

No argument presented. RQAA. Semantics fallacies.

Answer the questions put to you.

The Parrot Killer

16-07-2020 02:41
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Yesterday was predicted rain all day but at one point the sun was shining and it was quite warm then it rained then it was sunny again.Go to England in spring you can have all 4 seasons in one day.It is not possible to accurately predict tomorrow with any certainty yet you are predicting 2100
16-07-2020 03:05
(14389)
tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:....There is no such thing as either long term or global weather....
So admit that you are denying any description of weather beyond an infinitesimal point in space and time.

Nonsequitur. I haven't denied anything. I just laid your argument over my knee, spanked it and sent it to the time-out corner.

The weather at any given moment and locality is all the measurable parameters of the atmosphere at that moment at that locality. Weather changes over time, measured in minutes, sometimes hours.

Your definition of "Climate" makes no sense. My definition makes sense, is easily understood and makes its unfalsifiable nature very clear. I suspect that you remain relegated to definitions that don't make sense because you cannot afford to make clear the unfalsifiable nature of "Climate."

16-07-2020 03:28
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
When I sat down to do my desktop stuff before going to a job the wind was howling and the rain lashing down now less than an hour later its a gentle breeze and the sun has come out.What is the climate on that.The weather is so variable.Not a lot of bushfires at the moment.how strange the CO2 is still dramatically and apocalyptically high
16-07-2020 03:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
When I sat down to do my desktop stuff before going to a job the wind was howling and the rain lashing down now less than an hour later its a gentle breeze and the sun has come out.What is the climate on that.The weather is so variable.Not a lot of bushfires at the moment.how strange the CO2 is still dramatically and apocalyptically high

Since you asked, the storm cell increases entropy. It's cleaned the room so to speak;
A simple way to think of the second law of thermodynamics is that a room, if not cleaned and tidied, will invariably become more messy and disorderly with time – regardless of how careful one is to keep it clean. When the room is cleaned, its entropy decreases, but the effort to clean it has resulted in an increase in entropy outside the room that exceeds the entropy lost.
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/introchem/chapter/the-three-laws-of-thermodynamics/

Please quit asking people to supply you with the answers that you do not want to know. You are simply proving your opponents contentions. And if your opponents are wrong, then you are making them right.
If you don't get it, energy flows into the storm cell so an equilibrium is reached. Why the storm cell dissipates. And storm cells have boundaries. The rainfall difference from one side of the boundary to the other doesn't matter.
Have seen a thunderstorm on 1/2 of my block and sunshine on the other half, literally. The storm cell had a very well defined boundary. You now, like it was a cloud of water vapor condensing into water. But we know that doesn't happen.
In both Ohio and Florida, borders are known when it comes to storm fronts. Just check the barometer. The fact that you guys really don't know stuff this basic is just sad. But you do know how babies are made, right? This is beyond sad. They teach this stuff in grade school.
If ya'all want to know, the creek bed next to where I lived in Ohio had actual fossils in it. Our neighbour showed us and explained them to us. I just didn't find learning about prehistoric life that interesting.
Something you guys might want to consider. You just don't find earth sciences interesting. Why you're idiots when it comes to that subject. At the same time, I didn't ridicule fossils.
Edited on 16-07-2020 04:03
16-07-2020 04:12
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
The weather at any given moment and locality is all the measurable parameters of the atmosphere at that moment at that locality.
What is the volume of a "Locality" according to you? Is it infinitesimal or does it have a maximum size before it ceases to qualify as a "locality"? Can we determine anything to a usable margin of error beyond that "locality"?

duncan61 wrote:...It is not possible to accurately predict tomorrow ...
Do you think tomorrow it might hit 400C anywhere at ground level? Of course not. It will be hotter than that on Venus. Earth has weather, so does Venus, they are very different. I can predict how they will be different tomorrow and next year: Venus is about 450 degrees hotter.

When you say it's "unpredictable" you are leaving out the fact that it's within a range of reasonable uncertainty, a margin of error with a confidence level. It won't be -240C (the temp on Pluto) and it won't be 470C (the temp on Venus).

Similarly it might snow somewhere tomorrow but it won't be in Phoenix. You see Phoenix is far too warm with low temps dropping to 30C / 86F. That is predictable as well.

There is always a range of uncertainty about the true mean temperature of anything.

Into the Night wrote:
Answer....
Response is here: link

16-07-2020 05:05
(14389)
tgoebbles wrote: What is the volume of a "Locality" according to you? Is it infinitesimal or does it have a maximum size before it ceases to qualify as a "locality"? Can we determine anything to a usable margin of error beyond that "locality"?

That is quite a bunch of questions. We can put them on the stack. At the moment it is your turn to answer some questions ... about seventeen, in fact.

Could I talk you into providing some answers?

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics? [Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming, Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
- 6a) How do I determine my own race or that of my children? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface? [Status: Unanswered]
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]
16) Which type of wood are you claiming melts (assuming the proper temperature and pressure) ... and what is that specific temperature and pressure? [Status: Unanswered]

tgoebbles wrote:
Do you think tomorrow it might hit 400C anywhere at ground level?

You're a moron. Learn to READ. He didn't say he couldn't feasibly eliminate any situations, he said it is not possible to accurately predict what WILL happen.

tgoebbles wrote: Similarly it might snow somewhere tomorrow but it won't be in Phoenix.

You are once again equating your confidence with knowledge. You're kind of stupid that way. You'll twist any semantics in order to delude yourself into believing that you are omniscient.

tgoebbles wrote:There is always a range of uncertainty about the true mean temperature of anything.

A day late. A dollar short. Heisenberg already beat you to it. There is no award for being the second person to state the Uncertainty Principle.

16-07-2020 06:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
tgoebbles wrote: What is the volume of a "Locality" according to you? Is it infinitesimal or does it have a maximum size before it ceases to qualify as a "locality"? Can we determine anything to a usable margin of error beyond that "locality"?

That is quite a bunch of questions. We can put them on the stack. At the moment it is your turn to answer some questions ... about seventeen, in fact.

1) What are the unambiguous definitions of Global Warming, Climate Change and Greenhouse Effect that neither violate nor deny physics? [Status: Unanswered]
2) Why should any rational adult believe in either Global Warming, Climate Change or Greenhouse Effect? [Status: Unanswered]
3) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer? [Status: Unanswered]
4) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport? [Status: Unanswered]
5) What are the unambiguous definitions of "race," "negro," "black people," "white people," "brown people," "white supremacy," "white nationalsim," "white nationalist," "white supremacist," "black supremacist" and "racist"? [Status: Unanswered]
7) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of racism in the United States? [Status: Unanswered]
8) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before rampant violent crime? [Status: Unanswered]
9) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that emotion/thought? [Status: Unanswered]
10) Why do you claim that an atmosphere only makes a planet's or moon's solid surface hotter since you are fully aware that no place at the bottom of earth's atmosphere ever reaches anywhere close to the daytime temperatures of the moon's atmosphereless solid surface? [Status: Unanswered]
11) If we were to discover that Lisa Gherardini was actually a shitty person, would that justify Black Lives Matter storming the Louvre to destroy the Mona Lisa? [Status: Unanswered]
12) Why should we destroy artifacts and relics pertaining to history that we never want to forget or repeat? [Status: Unanswered]
13) The Aztecs committed genocide of many other tribes and practiced human sacrifice; should their artwork and artifacts be destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
14) Why would you or anyone pretend to be a judge of what history is to be revised or destroyed? [Status: Unanswered]
15) In what substantive/meaningful way do the platforms of Black Lives Matter, ANTIFA, The National Organization of Women, the DNC, Communist Party USA and Socialist Party USA ... differ? [Status: Unanswered]
16) Which type of wood are you claiming melts (assuming the proper temperature and pressure) ... and what is that specific temperature and pressure? [Status: Unanswered]

tgoebbles wrote:

You're a moron. Learn to READ. He didn't say he couldn't feasibly eliminate any situations, he said it is not possible to accurately predict what WILL happen.

tgoebbles wrote: Similarly it might snow somewhere tomorrow but it won't be in Phoenix.

You are once again equating your confidence with knowledge. You're kind of stupid that way. You'll twist any semantics in order to delude yourself into believing that you are omniscient.

tgoebbles wrote:There is always a range of uncertainty about the true mean temperature of anything.

A day late. A dollar short. Heisenberg already beat you to it. There is no award for being the second person to state the Uncertainty Principle.

In Altered Carbon (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261227/), a "stack" refers to a person's essence/memories being preserved for a reload into a "sleeve".
Your use of the term "stack" acknowledges you watch this digital dialogue.
16-07-2020 06:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

tgoebbles wrote:

We can put them on the stack

It's just that no one references a "stack" unless it's in that show.
And if you don't watch the show. When you "die", your "stack" is sleeved again, ie., it's put into something you call a person.
And you guys missed this. It's word play like trigonometric identities.

Edited on 16-07-2020 06:45
16-07-2020 08:19
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
C'mon guys, don't tell me that ya'all don't like math.
16-07-2020 08:26
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:The weather at any given moment and locality is...
What is the volume of a "Locality" according to you? ...

That is quite a bunch of questions. We can put them on the stack.
So you're refusing to define your own terms. I will define them for you then: by a "locality" or GFM's "Ultra local" you both simply mean a measurement taken at a single point is only useable in evaluating that one point. You both imply we can conclude nothing about the temperature a few millimeters, or meters, or kilometers from that point.
This absurd position applies to any determination of temperature for any subject and not just the weather.

IBdaMann wrote:...he said it is not possible to accurately predict what WILL happen..
define "accurately" as you're using it.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:There is always a range of uncertainty about the true mean temperature of anything.
... Heisenberg ... Uncertainty Principle..
margin of error and confidence level have nothing to do with Heisenberg. Basic introductory statistics you'll find in every text book on the subject. I previously schooled you on this: here

Edited on 16-07-2020 08:38
16-07-2020 11:28
(5196)
There are a lot of things going on that effect temperature. It's a huge planet, and constantly in motion. It's not a perfect sphere, with every point, precisely the same as any other point. It's not just the planet. itself moving, lot of other things move as well. If you used an ultra fast/precise digital thermometer, you would get a different reading, everytime you pressed the button, regardless of where you are standing. Not every point on the planet is equal, or carries equal weight. Averaging as many points as you like, still doesn't really represent the actual global temperature. Each reading is a brief snapshot, for a specific time and place, but it's going to change, very quickly. Best that you can ever get, is 'close enough, for the purpose'. For the purpose of climate-change, it's to scam the guiliable.
16-07-2020 11:54
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted IAW tmiddles ordinance #1...Mantras 21d...30...30...29...20q...10j...20q8...29...7...4c...25c2...25c3...15a...15b...29...20z2...20z3...

No argument presented. Denial of mathematics. Speaking for others. Denial of science. RQAA. Spamming. Semantics fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

16-07-2020 12:00
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted IAW tmiddles ordinance #1...Mantras 25j...25m...31...25g...20z1...

No argument presented. Denial of math. Claim to be a Holy Oracle. Denial of engineering.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 16-07-2020 12:00
16-07-2020 12:20
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
There are a lot of things going on ...
true of of many subjects we usefully determine the temperature of. See here how your description applies:

There are a lot of things going on that effect human body temperature. The human body is complex and constantly in motion. It's not uniform, with every point, precisely the same as any other point. It's not just the human bodies motion itself moving, lot of other things move as well. If you used an ultra fast/precise digital thermometer, you would get a different reading, everytime you pressed the button, regardless of what part of the human body you point at. Not every point on the body is equal, or carries equal weight. Averaging as many points as you like, still doesn't really represent the actual body temperature. Each reading is a brief snapshot, for a specific time and place, but it's going to change, very quickly. Best that you can ever get, is 'close enough, for the purpose'. For the purpose of body temperature, it's to scam the guiliable.

But of course body temperature is easily determined with great utility.
16-07-2020 12:47
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted IAW tmiddles ordinance #1...Mantras 4c...25j...

No argument presented. Denial of math.

The Parrot Killer

16-07-2020 17:00
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:

I like how it is okay for him to ask questions of others (many of them even after they've been answered countless times), but it is not okay for others to ask questions of him...
16-07-2020 17:08
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
tgoebbles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: Is "climate" quantifiable? If so, then how so?
You're repeated the same question while ignoring the answer I provided. Climate is long term weather (annual on Earth for obvious reasons).

You're repeated the same response to gfm7175 while ignoring the correction I provided to your egregious error. There is no such thing as either long term or global weather. You know this, which is why you cannot provide any examples. All you would be able to muster are examples of very, very temporary instances of local weather. It takes a special type of moron to believe that those can somehow be morphed into something else.

So the correct answer to gfm7175 is "You are correct, Climate is completely unfalsifiable religious dogma that is unquantifiable and not affiliated with science in any way."

Thank you for helping tgoebbles out. That is indeed the answer that I was looking for.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate JUNE 2020 GLOBAL CLIMATE:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
US Climate in June 202011818-07-2020 08:02
Temperatures leap 40 degrees above normal as the Arctic Ocean and Greenland ice sheet see record June mel318-06-2019 06:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact