Remember me
▼ Content

Trump, Climate Change investigation?



Page 1 of 212>
Trump, Climate Change investigation?14-06-2019 17:59
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094

Not sure why they are making an issue of this, any rational person, who doesn't know a whole lot about something, is going to look at all sides of the issue, to get a wide perspective as possible. Science should be political, or take sides on any issue, just report their findings and measurements.

Trump is getting a lot of pressure to spend a lot of tax dollars, well print some more dollars, to pay for something, that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Part of the deals he wants to make, involve making concessions on that spending. Seems reasonable to make sure that money is well spent, and not wasted or stolen.

2020 is going to be a very interesting election year. Hopefully, many will follow Trump's example, and look into some of the other Climate Change views available. Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one.
14-06-2019 19:04
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094

Not sure why they are making an issue of this, any rational person, who doesn't know a whole lot about something, is going to look at all sides of the issue, to get a wide perspective as possible. Science should be political, or take sides on any issue, just report their findings and measurements.

I assume you mean NOT political, and this is a typo.

Science is not 'findings' or measurements. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Measurements can certainly inspire a theory, but measurements are a form of observation, and all observations are subject to the problems of phenomenology. 'Findings' are nothing more than conclusions, some completely groundless, all of them based again on observations, which themselves are not science.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Trump is getting a lot of pressure to spend a lot of tax dollars, well print some more dollars, to pay for something, that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Part of the deals he wants to make, involve making concessions on that spending. Seems reasonable to make sure that money is well spent, and not wasted or stolen.
Trump can withstand this kind of pressure very well if he chooses to do so. He is not science either.
HarveyH55 wrote:
2020 is going to be a very interesting election year.
Already got my popcorn ready! The polls predicting a landslide victory for the Democrats have already begun, even though the primaries haven't even run yet!
HarveyH55 wrote:
Hopefully, many will follow Trump's example, and look into some of the other Climate Change views available.
You have to define 'climate change' to have a view on it, other than a religious one.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one.

More and more people are starting to figure out there is something wrong with the Church of Global Warming and its arguments. When you keep saying the same thing over and over in the shrill voice that liberals use, they tend to get ignored like the boy who cried wolf.


The Parrot Killer
14-06-2019 19:09
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4612)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094


This article goes a long way to explain why Trump has already won in 2020.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-06-2019 20:41
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
I don't think it's going to be a landslide. They have been digging for dirt on Trump for over three years, and the best they could do, was make something up, which didn't pan out to well. I don't remember any of the democrat candidates ever accomplishing anything noteworthy. So far, with all the roadblocks, Trump has done some pretty good things for the country, pretty sure he'll get enough support to give them a strong fight to November. So far, the democrats all seem to be singing the same song, as they always have, and failed to deliver on. With 23 to choose from, think most people will be kind of tired of that, and all the backstabbing, Trump really won't have to work that hard this time.

Surprised AOC didn't run, she's already asking for a pay raise, after only 6 months? Hope Trump is looking into that. She was a bartender, and now earns $174,000/year... Only people with money worries, with that jump in salary, are people who owe a great deal more, and not to a bank either. They really need a pay cut, less than half that, is generous. They are there, because the care, not to get rich off the tax payers. Greedy people are going to steal, regardless of salary.

Least Trump isn't just agreeing with the experts and advisers, he listens, looks at all sides, then picks the path he wants us to follow, and he has pretty good instincts. He knows we need to control the borders, lot of problems coming up from the south. A wall isn't going to stop them, but it says we are serious, and will make it a little easier to control. Should have been done decades ago.

Trade deals should be review and revised every year, been long over due. It isn't just other countries taking advantage of them, American companies make good money too, just don't share, unless you own stock. Imported goods should be more expensive, exotic.

Thought it a little funny see what a bad president we have, who would listen to other countries, offering 'dirt' on his rivals? But, they didn't seem to care that those rivals did dirty things. I think Trump nailed it, except maybe he should have said something about giving the people he got the dirt from, full credit. Talks cheap, but any information would need independent validation. I don't know how advanced the cyber-wars have gotten, but it seems like the DNC email hacks, weren't that complicated, mostly sloppy security, lazy people let them in. Trump should get that information out, or push to get the intelligence community to show the proof, that it was the Russian government, and not just some bored college kids, or average cyber-thieves. Obama told us it was a secret, because we didn't want them to know, how we know. But is stopping that sort of thing, their job? Why let them continue, and do nothing to stop the data breaches. I hate getting those letters, and the weak offering for credit monitoring for a year. Yeah, I want another company to have copies of my personal information...
14-06-2019 22:43
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think it's going to be a landslide.
It's possible, but not in the way the Democrats will like!



The Parrot Killer
15-06-2019 16:59
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094

Not sure why they are making an issue of this, any rational person, who doesn't know a whole lot about something, is going to look at all sides of the issue, to get a wide perspective as possible. Science should be political, or take sides on any issue, just report their findings and measurements.

Trump is getting a lot of pressure to spend a lot of tax dollars, well print some more dollars, to pay for something, that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Part of the deals he wants to make, involve making concessions on that spending. Seems reasonable to make sure that money is well spent, and not wasted or stolen.

2020 is going to be a very interesting election year. Hopefully, many will follow Trump's example, and look into some of the other Climate Change views available. Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one.



Seriously? Trump is being investigated by the state of New York for tax fraud. He gave corporations a significant tax break which benefitted the wealthy.
Considering people like yourself looks at issues from all sides, those 2 issues probably won't matter to you.
You are right about this;
Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one


Buying cheap imports is logical because buying Made In America isn't hip & trendy because it's a costly one.
15-06-2019 19:31
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094

Not sure why they are making an issue of this, any rational person, who doesn't know a whole lot about something, is going to look at all sides of the issue, to get a wide perspective as possible. Science should be political, or take sides on any issue, just report their findings and measurements.

Trump is getting a lot of pressure to spend a lot of tax dollars, well print some more dollars, to pay for something, that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Part of the deals he wants to make, involve making concessions on that spending. Seems reasonable to make sure that money is well spent, and not wasted or stolen.

2020 is going to be a very interesting election year. Hopefully, many will follow Trump's example, and look into some of the other Climate Change views available. Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one.



Seriously? Trump is being investigated by the state of New York for tax fraud.

So what? The allegations come from the New York Times, a heavily biased source. New York State does this from time to time. It's one of the reasons so many people are leaving New York State.
James___ wrote:
He gave corporations a significant tax break which benefitted the wealthy.

That's a problem? Did you know that by benefiting corporations, they stay in America and hire people? Did you know that most corporations are owned by people that are NOT WEALTHY?
James___ wrote:
You are right about this;
Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one

Buying cheap imports is logical because buying Made In America isn't hip & trendy because it's a costly one.

His statement is correct. YOU taking it out of context is not.


The Parrot Killer
15-06-2019 20:14
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094

Not sure why they are making an issue of this, any rational person, who doesn't know a whole lot about something, is going to look at all sides of the issue, to get a wide perspective as possible. Science should be political, or take sides on any issue, just report their findings and measurements.

Trump is getting a lot of pressure to spend a lot of tax dollars, well print some more dollars, to pay for something, that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Part of the deals he wants to make, involve making concessions on that spending. Seems reasonable to make sure that money is well spent, and not wasted or stolen.

2020 is going to be a very interesting election year. Hopefully, many will follow Trump's example, and look into some of the other Climate Change views available. Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one.



Seriously? Trump is being investigated by the state of New York for tax fraud. He gave corporations a significant tax break which benefitted the wealthy.
Considering people like yourself looks at issues from all sides, those 2 issues probably won't matter to you.
You are right about this;
Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one


Buying cheap imports is logical because buying Made In America isn't hip & trendy because it's a costly one.


New York is investigating a lot of people for tax fraud, notice they don't give many details? They hope that people will rush in, and make a deal, before it gets too far. Companies don't like their name/brand mentioned in courtrooms, bad for business. Most individual want to clear up the minor issues, before the investigators dig too deep, and find something bigger. Trump likely took advantage of the tax code, which changes often, but probably didn't break and laws. Cheating the system, isn't always illegal (yet), but it tends to upset some people. How long has NY been investigating Trump? Seems like it started during his 2016 campaign, which seem like a long time to find something to charge him with.

We all got a tax breaks, well if you are employed, we did. The corporate tax break, is good for the economy as well as the individual tax break, because it makes more income available to spend. This important, because companies need to need to meet the increased demand for their products. More jobs, more people with money to spend, also more people, finally paying taxes. True, there will be some companies who will call those taxes breaks, profit. Those companies will simply raise their prices, rather increase the supply. Those companies, were also the same companies that took Obama Bailout bucks, gave themselves raises, and treated themselves to a couple weeks vacation (conferences, to dodge taxes as a business expense).

Import products suck money out of our economy, and hand it over to another country. They also compete with domestic made products, which kill jobs and businesses. Jobs are a good deal all around. People working, have less free time to cause trouble. Working people are less dependent on taxpayer funded freebies. Working people have a great appreciation for what they own, and better respect of other people's property. When you have to work for the money you spend, you want the best value, something that will last a good while. Imports are usually difficult to get customer service, or warranties honored. You can eventually get some satisfaction, if you are persistent, and nothing better to do with you life. Most people don't have the time or patience, and that's why imports are often cheap crap, that doesn't last long. It's cheap, because most people would rather buy another, than waste the time and aggravation, getting a replacement. Not to mention, the return shipping, is almost as much as they paid for the product.
15-06-2019 21:35
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094

Not sure why they are making an issue of this, any rational person, who doesn't know a whole lot about something, is going to look at all sides of the issue, to get a wide perspective as possible. Science should be political, or take sides on any issue, just report their findings and measurements.

Trump is getting a lot of pressure to spend a lot of tax dollars, well print some more dollars, to pay for something, that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Part of the deals he wants to make, involve making concessions on that spending. Seems reasonable to make sure that money is well spent, and not wasted or stolen.

2020 is going to be a very interesting election year. Hopefully, many will follow Trump's example, and look into some of the other Climate Change views available. Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one.



Seriously? Trump is being investigated by the state of New York for tax fraud. He gave corporations a significant tax break which benefitted the wealthy.
Considering people like yourself looks at issues from all sides, those 2 issues probably won't matter to you.
You are right about this;
Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one


Buying cheap imports is logical because buying Made In America isn't hip & trendy because it's a costly one.


New York is investigating a lot of people for tax fraud, notice they don't give many details? They hope that people will rush in, and make a deal, before it gets too far. Companies don't like their name/brand mentioned in courtrooms, bad for business. Most individual want to clear up the minor issues, before the investigators dig too deep, and find something bigger. Trump likely took advantage of the tax code, which changes often, but probably didn't break and laws. Cheating the system, isn't always illegal (yet), but it tends to upset some people. How long has NY been investigating Trump? Seems like it started during his 2016 campaign, which seem like a long time to find something to charge him with.

We all got a tax breaks, well if you are employed, we did. The corporate tax break, is good for the economy as well as the individual tax break, because it makes more income available to spend. This important, because companies need to need to meet the increased demand for their products. More jobs, more people with money to spend, also more people, finally paying taxes. True, there will be some companies who will call those taxes breaks, profit. Those companies will simply raise their prices, rather increase the supply. Those companies, were also the same companies that took Obama Bailout bucks, gave themselves raises, and treated themselves to a couple weeks vacation (conferences, to dodge taxes as a business expense).

Import products suck money out of our economy, and hand it over to another country. They also compete with domestic made products, which kill jobs and businesses. Jobs are a good deal all around. People working, have less free time to cause trouble. Working people are less dependent on taxpayer funded freebies. Working people have a great appreciation for what they own, and better respect of other people's property. When you have to work for the money you spend, you want the best value, something that will last a good while. Imports are usually difficult to get customer service, or warranties honored. You can eventually get some satisfaction, if you are persistent, and nothing better to do with you life. Most people don't have the time or patience, and that's why imports are often cheap crap, that doesn't last long. It's cheap, because most people would rather buy another, than waste the time and aggravation, getting a replacement. Not to mention, the return shipping, is almost as much as they paid for the product.



We're talking about Trump, right? No need to bring other people into it. Specific reasons for the investigation are known. I guess my question to you is, are you willing to pay more in taxes so President Trump can pay less?
What you don't understand about why President Trump is being investigated, if the state of New York finds that he committed tax fraud, then the IRS will have grounds to investigate him for committing tax fraud at the federal level.
It's a step by step process and yet without knowing why President Trump is being investigated you are attempting to defend him by saying other people do it, so why not our President?
You've already posted that Americans buying cheap Chinese imports is okay because they give a better value for the American dollar than a similar American (domestic) made product. Quit changing your argument. All you are showing is that you want to be right. But when you have no specific opinion about something then it just becomes vitriol.
16-06-2019 00:10
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
Tax fraud is a very broad actuation. Care to be a little more specific? It's fairly commonly used in NY, doesn't mean anything major, usually sounds worse than it really is, which is also common in politics.

Cheap Chinese imports don't give better value, if they fail, and there is little or no option, but to throw it in the trash. Good value, is something that works as advertised, and last a reasonable amount of time, when used appropriately. But, it is okay for Americans to buy what they want, and throw away what they want, that's freedom of choice. Spin it anyway you want.
16-06-2019 04:31
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4612)
James___ wrote:We're talking about Trump, right? No need to bring other people into it.

We absolutely need to bring all of the people who fabricated the hoax.

James___ wrote: Specific reasons for the investigation are known.

Don't feel you need to be any more specific, the passive voice will be just fine. And please don't bother with any examples.

James___ wrote: I guess my question to you is,...

"What evidence is there of any wrongdoing on Trump's part?"

James___ wrote: ... are you willing to pay more in taxes so President Trump can pay less?

What kind of question is that ... beyond a stupid one?

James___ wrote: What you don't understand about why President Trump is being investigated, if the state of New York finds that he committed tax fraud, then the IRS will have grounds to investigate him for committing tax fraud at the federal level.

i.e. ... it's all a baseless political lynching ... or at least an attempt at one.

James___ wrote: It's a step by step process

Exactly as systematic as the Terminator.

James___ wrote: ... and yet without knowing why President Trump is being investigated you are attempting to defend him by saying other people do it, so why not our President?

.. and yet without any evidence whatsoever you are attempting to presume Trump guilty of something ...anything.

All you are showing is that you want to be right. But when you have no ability to support your assertions then it just becomes vitriol. [/quote]


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-06-2019 05:15
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
The thing is that it's okay to express your concerns and suspicions, even accuse someone, even falsely. Almost never any consequences, and that's what Clinton did during her campaign. Her party decided to pursue some of these, partly for 2020 purposes, but maybe a shot at dumping Trump out of office. More than two years, nothing substantial uncovered. Tax fraud isn't that complicated, unless they decide he was guilty before looking at the tax records, and spent two years trying to find something illegal to charge him with.

The Russian investigation was likely another Clinton project. It's already know she hired the spy to do the dosier. Trump made some remarks about Hilary's missing Emails, regarding the Libya terror attack, and as an international business man, he had dealings with a lot of countries, including Russia. If you know the accusations aren't true, most people want to see them ended quickly. Your accuser don't believe you, you are kind of stuck dealing with nonsense, aggravating, frustrating. Even after finding nothing substantial, they want to keep digging. Doesn't have Trump get to be presumed innocent, until proven guilty? I don't think he's a saint, he's obviously done some unethical stuff, but don't believe he crossed the line.
16-06-2019 09:21
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/emails-trump-aide-consulting-climatechange-rejecters/958099094

Not sure why they are making an issue of this, any rational person, who doesn't know a whole lot about something, is going to look at all sides of the issue, to get a wide perspective as possible. Science should be political, or take sides on any issue, just report their findings and measurements.

Trump is getting a lot of pressure to spend a lot of tax dollars, well print some more dollars, to pay for something, that doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Part of the deals he wants to make, involve making concessions on that spending. Seems reasonable to make sure that money is well spent, and not wasted or stolen.

2020 is going to be a very interesting election year. Hopefully, many will follow Trump's example, and look into some of the other Climate Change views available. Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one.



Seriously? Trump is being investigated by the state of New York for tax fraud. He gave corporations a significant tax break which benefitted the wealthy.
Considering people like yourself looks at issues from all sides, those 2 issues probably won't matter to you.
You are right about this;
Pretty sure most people will follow the more logical path, rather than the hip & trendy, costly one


Buying cheap imports is logical because buying Made In America isn't hip & trendy because it's a costly one.


New York is investigating a lot of people for tax fraud, notice they don't give many details? They hope that people will rush in, and make a deal, before it gets too far. Companies don't like their name/brand mentioned in courtrooms, bad for business. Most individual want to clear up the minor issues, before the investigators dig too deep, and find something bigger. Trump likely took advantage of the tax code, which changes often, but probably didn't break and laws. Cheating the system, isn't always illegal (yet), but it tends to upset some people. How long has NY been investigating Trump? Seems like it started during his 2016 campaign, which seem like a long time to find something to charge him with.

We all got a tax breaks, well if you are employed, we did. The corporate tax break, is good for the economy as well as the individual tax break, because it makes more income available to spend. This important, because companies need to need to meet the increased demand for their products. More jobs, more people with money to spend, also more people, finally paying taxes. True, there will be some companies who will call those taxes breaks, profit. Those companies will simply raise their prices, rather increase the supply. Those companies, were also the same companies that took Obama Bailout bucks, gave themselves raises, and treated themselves to a couple weeks vacation (conferences, to dodge taxes as a business expense).

Import products suck money out of our economy, and hand it over to another country. They also compete with domestic made products, which kill jobs and businesses. Jobs are a good deal all around. People working, have less free time to cause trouble. Working people are less dependent on taxpayer funded freebies. Working people have a great appreciation for what they own, and better respect of other people's property. When you have to work for the money you spend, you want the best value, something that will last a good while. Imports are usually difficult to get customer service, or warranties honored. You can eventually get some satisfaction, if you are persistent, and nothing better to do with you life. Most people don't have the time or patience, and that's why imports are often cheap crap, that doesn't last long. It's cheap, because most people would rather buy another, than waste the time and aggravation, getting a replacement. Not to mention, the return shipping, is almost as much as they paid for the product.



We're talking about Trump, right?
Last I looked.
James___ wrote:
No need to bring other people into it.
Why not? New York State does this kind of shakedown to a lot of people.
James___ wrote:
Specific reasons for the investigation are known.
No, they aren't. The allegations come from the New York Times, already a source known by heavily biased against Trump. They've also been known to manufacture news.
James___ wrote:
I guess my question to you is, are you willing to pay more in taxes so President Trump can pay less?
Onus probandi fallacy.
James___ wrote:
What you don't understand about why President Trump is being investigated, if the state of New York finds that he committed tax fraud, then the IRS will have grounds to investigate him for committing tax fraud at the federal level.
Nope. Unrelated. False equivalence fallacy.
James___ wrote:
It's a step by step process and yet without knowing why President Trump is being investigated you are attempting to defend him by saying other people do it, so why not our President?
Onus probandi fallacy.
James___ wrote:
You've already posted that Americans buying cheap Chinese imports is okay because they give a better value for the American dollar than a similar American (domestic) made product. Quit changing your argument.
Redirection fallacy. Inversion fallacy.
James___ wrote:
All you are showing is that you want to be right. But when you have no specific opinion about something then it just becomes vitriol.

Inversion fallacy.


The Parrot Killer
16-06-2019 18:02
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tax fraud is a very broad actuation. Care to be a little more specific? It's fairly commonly used in NY, doesn't mean anything major, usually sounds worse than it really is, which is also common in politics.

Cheap Chinese imports don't give better value, if they fail, and there is little or no option, but to throw it in the trash. Good value, is something that works as advertised, and last a reasonable amount of time, when used appropriately. But, it is okay for Americans to buy what they want, and throw away what they want, that's freedom of choice. Spin it anyway you want.


I know you'll spin this. Jack Trump bought goods priced up to 50% more from his son and daughter. This kept them from paying a gift tax on hundreds of millions of dollars.
You'll say it was Jack Trump's freedom of choice to help his son's and daughter's business to be profitable.
Trump like you doesn't like paying taxes. And to grow the US economy, he's just printing more money instead. You really don't care how anything effects America. You just don't care.
I have posted a link before to this tax fraud scheme but apparently you just don't care about America.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/10/us/maryanne-trump-barry-misconduct-inquiry.html
16-06-2019 18:22
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Tax fraud is a very broad actuation. Care to be a little more specific? It's fairly commonly used in NY, doesn't mean anything major, usually sounds worse than it really is, which is also common in politics.

Cheap Chinese imports don't give better value, if they fail, and there is little or no option, but to throw it in the trash. Good value, is something that works as advertised, and last a reasonable amount of time, when used appropriately. But, it is okay for Americans to buy what they want, and throw away what they want, that's freedom of choice. Spin it anyway you want.


I know you'll spin this. Jack Trump bought goods priced up to 50% more from his son and daughter. This kept them from paying a gift tax on hundreds of millions of dollars.
You'll say it was Jack Trump's freedom of choice to help his son's and daughter's business to be profitable.
Trump like you doesn't like paying taxes. And to grow the US economy, he's just printing more money instead. You really don't care how anything effects America. You just don't care.
I have posted a link before to this tax fraud scheme but apparently you just don't care about America.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/10/us/maryanne-trump-barry-misconduct-inquiry.html


No, you're just falling for this story from the New York Times. Bulverism fallacy. Onus probandi fallacy. You have joined the witch hunt.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 16-06-2019 18:23
16-06-2019 19:27
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
@Harvey55, it's kind of sad that you didn't know about this. Trump's sister should be allowed to be a federal judge while being investigated for tax fraud. That's her freedom being violated. We need to think about her and her brother's right to avoid paying taxes the law requires. We're about freedom of choice, right? They should be allowed to choose to not comply with the law.

BTW, Senator Mitch McConnell allowed for President Obama to seat Trump's sister. She's a Republican. Senator McConnell is actually more powerful than Trump. Want a budget passed? Ask McConnell. Want to seat a judge? Ask McConnell. If it needs the senate to approve something, McConnell controls that, literally. He does not have to allow anything to be heard by the senate. It's up to him.
This is why he and Trump did not get along after Trump was elected. When Senator McConnell ran for reelection in 2014 he said that he was going to run America from Kentucky. I live in Lexington, Kentucky so I am aware of what he does.
The Republican Party even asked me to help with Trump's visit here to support Congressman Barr. I couldn't because of my being handicapped. I've never met anyone who supports the Republican Party who has met one of their politicians. No involvement, just lip service.

Edited on 16-06-2019 20:20
16-06-2019 21:52
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
Investigated doesn't mean charged with a crime, or guilty. Have you even read the Constitution? The only handicap that prevents you from doing anything, is in your head. Get some help, get some meds, maybe some E.C.T., they have ways of fixing your problems, that don't involve a bag.

Senator McConnell is the senate leader, his job. Sure, the rest of the senate often follows his direction, even democrats. He does a much better jobe, than your friend Nancy, over in the House. It's not about control, it's called leadership. The house is a different story, they are divide almost completely down party lines on everything, and since Nancy holds the majority, she uses her party for power and control. It's taken them over 2 years of Trump, to finally admit that there is a problem at the border, but still reluctant to get control over it. We have millions of homeless and public assistance people already, we really don't have the resources to welcome a hundred thousand more a month. Most of them come with only what they can carry, not much. Some have friends and relatives, but still need to travel a good ways to join them. They all need food, water, and shelter, until they get settled. Even if them came legal, we could let them all in at once, as your friends Nancy and Chuckie want to do. Open borders, and showered with gifts, and free money... Why wouldn't everybody in the world not want to move to America?
16-06-2019 21:56
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
There's also a Billionaire governor being sued by some counties in Eastern Kentucky.
Since he doesn't live in Kentucky, why should his businesses in Kentucky pay property tax which helps to support public education. If people want their children to have an education, they should pay for it out of their own pockets.
Why should a Billionaire be required to pay property taxes in a state he does not live in?
https://wfpl.org/coal-companies-belonging-to-w-va-gov-justices-family-agree-to-pay-overdue-taxes-in-ky/
17-06-2019 02:21
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
And how many people in Kentucky are behind in their taxes? Or is it just him? How many business are behind on their taxes in Kentucky? If you bother to do your own research, before drinking the kool aid, you'll find many of these stories are political, and don't give the full facts available.

Public education... If they handled it properly in the first place, it would be struggling so much. The vast majority of kids in public schools won't be going to college, nor will their jobs/careers require a degree. Why spend all kinds of money, and time on something the parents should be doing themselves? Kids who want to go to college, are free to study online. Most parents could afford to get their kids prepared for college, even pay some of the cost, if they paid less taxes.

You do realize that these rich guys, and business do pay taxes, and a lot more than most people earn in a lifetime. Some are pretty good at dodging some taxes, but they still pay a lot, it's not completely avoidable. How is paying hundreds of thousands in taxes a fair share, when many people only pay a couple of thousand?

Don't know Kentucky property law, but down here in Florida, it takes several years, before they foreclose for unpaid taxes. You do realize that even though someone is 'rich', doesn't mean cash on hand? Lot of millionaires don't have ready cash to spend.
17-06-2019 02:52
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
And how many people in Kentucky are behind in their taxes? Or is it just him? How many business are behind on their taxes in Kentucky? If you bother to do your own research, before drinking the kool aid, you'll find many of these stories are political, and don't give the full facts available.

Public education... If they handled it properly in the first place, it would be struggling so much. The vast majority of kids in public schools won't be going to college, nor will their jobs/careers require a degree. Why spend all kinds of money, and time on something the parents should be doing themselves? Kids who want to go to college, are free to study online. Most parents could afford to get their kids prepared for college, even pay some of the cost, if they paid less taxes.

You do realize that these rich guys, and business do pay taxes, and a lot more than most people earn in a lifetime. Some are pretty good at dodging some taxes, but they still pay a lot, it's not completely avoidable. How is paying hundreds of thousands in taxes a fair share, when many people only pay a couple of thousand?

Don't know Kentucky property law, but down here in Florida, it takes several years, before they foreclose for unpaid taxes. You do realize that even though someone is 'rich', doesn't mean cash on hand? Lot of millionaires don't have ready cash to spend.



All it seems Harvey is that you're apathetic. You really don't care about anything. You don't even take time to find out what you're posting about. Anymore I think people like you are typical of the US.
I am starting to wonder if you suffer from depression. Many Americans do. You could be one of them. You don't give what you post any thought.
It's strange the way you defend the wealthy. Why should the average person pick up the slack? Because they're doing it too? I don't know of anyone who works for a living owing millions in back taxes.
17-06-2019 04:50
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
So the people that work hard, grow a business, make millions, should be punished for it, and pay a higher rate, to pick up your slack, or likely, support you, seen you are handicapped, and unwilling to work? You use a computer (badly), so you could do work, but are you? I'm not a financially rich man, certainly not poor. Just barely have enough saved to cover my health insurance deductible, but earn enough to pay my bills on time, and do what I want. I don't use credit, I want something, I save for it, sometimes alter my spending pattern a little to make it happen a little sooner. Still try to maintain a level of savings, that will cover expenses, like last year, when I had surgery. Everyone is different, have different goals and ambitions. some can't leave money sitting, they need to put every dollar to work, hoping to make more. Even if their assets are in the millions, they have trouble getting the bills paid, without selling off assets, which they hope to avoid, special if it's not at a profit. It would be silly to expect some one to sell their business, for whatever they can get, just to pay a tax bill, a small fraction of the value of the business. The tax code allows a good amount of time for people to find a way to settle, without selling off their assets. Being behind on taxes doesn't means they don't intend to pay, some just take advantage of the time allowed. There are a lot of sneaky little tricks allowed by the tax laws, that get used not exactly as intended, which leads to investigations, which often turns out to be a loophole, not often exploited, not fraud. Tax laws were never intended to be an iron fist, where you either pay now, or get punished. It gives people some room to comply, without being an undo burden.

You really do seem to get that these rich people aren't using any more tax dollars than any other American, but their tax bill is more than most people earn in a year.
17-06-2019 06:16
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
So the people that work hard, grow a business, make millions, should be punished for it, and pay a higher rate, to pick up your slack, or likely, support you, seen you are handicapped, and unwilling to work? .



I am handicapped and I am receiving SSDI. Why am I unable to work? My surgeon put my intestines in wrong. You found this acceptable. You've already posted as much.
I have to wonder why you defend doctors who prevented me from keeping my job. I worked hard. I walked 10 to 12 miles a day as a picker at Amazon.com.
Amazon tried working with me but it got to the point where I couldn't work 20 hours a week.
Amazon did screw me over when I had cancer. It did piss me off. It got to the point where after lunch I was only allowed to pick on the ground floor. They refused to let me pick on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
I could make it up the stairs even if I had to rest at each floor. I think what happened was someone saw how hard it was on me and snitched. But I was there to work and having cancer wasn't an excuse not to work.
If you ever get cancer, do a physical job and then tell me about not being willing to work.
And Harvey, I correctly diagnosed myself. Doctors told me that I was too healthy because I had between 4 & 6% body fat. I worked out 7 days a week. I'd piss off managers at Amazon by asking if we could have a 2 or 3 mile fun run after work for team building.
And if you ever worked at Amazon, pickers are in shape.
Everything you say suggests that you're soft.
I think I know now why Americans don't like me. Hard work and learning are 2 things that help to give life meaning.
Do you know how weird people are?
Have cancer and you have a problem.
Have your intestines in wrong, when you are dead then you will have a problem.
Could've avoided the problem by not surviving cancer. Fücked up, huh?

You do need to be mindful that attacking me for being handicapped because of medical malpractice in my opinion is unethical. It simply has nothing to do why I pay more in taxes than people who have never served in the Armed Forces and have no disabilities.
I could say it's unfair that my tax rate has been higher because non Veterans have prevented me from having a family because I am a disabled Veteran. I don't think it's fair but that's life. Right?
Edited on 17-06-2019 07:05
17-06-2019 10:39
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
There are other jobs, if you can't, or won't do one, you are capable of others. You choose not to work. Your handicap seems to be mostly mental, since you think everything can be only one way, won't consider anything else. If your intestine is wrong, you should have been able to get it corrected. I don't believe it is, your cancer surgery required it to be relocated. You do understand that your intestines move around on their own? Disabled Vet? Disabled because of the cancer, did serving cause the cancer? The two aren't related, but it serves your pity-party mentality well.

Yeah, I do physical work in a warehouse, and have for the past 27 years. Done physical work all my life. First two weeks or so after my returning from surgery, work was rough, but knew it would take some time. Wasn't as bad as expected though, got through it, and back on track.

Doubt you pay much taxes at all anymore, using the disability dodge. Enjoy it while it lasts. Eventually, the paperwork will catch up with your actual condition. Cancer isn't the killer it once was, caught early, it's often treated successfully these days. A whole lot of people survive cancer anymore, it's not such an achievement. I doubt your claims of physical disability from it. Takes time to heal, takes time to get back in shape, you didn't give yourself the needed time, just figure your weren't right, because you didn't go right back to doing everything the same as always. Then you just sit there complaining about it. If your malpractice claim had merit, and you only want to be made right, you should have a problem getting a lawyer to take your case, without paying upfront. After how many years, have you been crying, and not getting your problems fixed? You want sympathy, but it's your life, you have options, why should I care if you make bad choices?
17-06-2019 17:02
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
There are other jobs, if you can't, or won't do one, you are capable of others. You choose not to work. Your handicap seems to be mostly mental, since you think everything can be only one way, won't consider anything else. If your intestine is wrong, you should have been able to get it corrected. I don't believe it is, your cancer surgery required it to be relocated. You do understand that your intestines move around on their own? Disabled Vet? Disabled because of the cancer, did serving cause the cancer? The two aren't related, but it serves your pity-party mentality well.

Yeah, I do physical work in a warehouse, and have for the past 27 years. Done physical work all my life. First two weeks or so after my returning from surgery, work was rough, but knew it would take some time. Wasn't as bad as expected though, got through it, and back on track.

Doubt you pay much taxes at all anymore, using the disability dodge. Enjoy it while it lasts. Eventually, the paperwork will catch up with your actual condition. Cancer isn't the killer it once was, caught early, it's often treated successfully these days. A whole lot of people survive cancer anymore, it's not such an achievement. I doubt your claims of physical disability from it. Takes time to heal, takes time to get back in shape, you didn't give yourself the needed time, just figure your weren't right, because you didn't go right back to doing everything the same as always. Then you just sit there complaining about it. If your malpractice claim had merit, and you only want to be made right, you should have a problem getting a lawyer to take your case, without paying upfront. After how many years, have you been crying, and not getting your problems fixed? You want sympathy, but it's your life, you have options, why should I care if you make bad choices?



There is something wrong with you Harvey. My intestines being positioned wrong is serious. There is something that you haven't considered. My interest in properly understanding climate change might in some ways come back to doctors not getting things right when they operate on me.
Psychology tends to work that way. That's why I've also taken the time to understand my own situation.
I guess I should feel sorry for you. You haven't gone through crap that's motivated you.
What is possible is that if things work out for me and my situation becomes known then I would have the opportunity to ask Australians if President Trump is right. President Trump says that Australia has better health care than what we have. Of course if they wish to help me I will let them. Then President Trump would have proof that he is right. It wouldn't be a claim that he's made because it would be demonstrated to be a correct statement.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-updates-everything-president-trump-of-course-australians-have-1494022163-htmlstory.html
Edited on 17-06-2019 17:20
17-06-2019 18:00
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
I don't think you understand medicine, or physiology, psychology either. Doctors don't heal anyone, they only assist you to heal yourself. They don't restore you to full health, like you were before injury or illness either, they only help you to recover as much function as possible. If your surgery was done wrong, seems like you should be able to find a doctor to check the work, and fix it, if needed. That's what they do, after, help restore function. You can't get a doctor to agree with you, because your surgery was done correctly. Same reason you can't find a lawyer to help you sue for malpractice. Many surgeries require lifestyle changes, dietary changes, medications, to be effective, and avoid future problems. Mine were for only a few weeks, while my gut healed, and i mostly followed the recommendation of the surgeon, all went well. I didn't really have much choice on the exercise, CIGNA Health Care kept me busy with forms, for my short-term disability the whole. I live alone, so if I wanted something done, I had to do it myself. I'd don't sit well, always looking to keep busy at something, not much for watching TV. Likely was doing a little more, than what the doctor had in mind. Got a hunch, you mostly sat around after your surgery, because it hurt too much, or had people doing everything for you, based on your need to stop and rest, every flight of stairs at work. My surgeon's office was on the second floor, there was an elevator, but I wasn't sure about using it. First two times, I was a little winded climbing the stairs, but it got easier. And I don't climb stairs often around here.

Don't know why you find it so important to convince me, we've never met, nor likely to. It's more likely you need to convince yourself.
17-06-2019 18:43
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
And how many people in Kentucky are behind in their taxes? Or is it just him? How many business are behind on their taxes in Kentucky? If you bother to do your own research, before drinking the kool aid, you'll find many of these stories are political, and don't give the full facts available.

Public education... If they handled it properly in the first place, it would be struggling so much. The vast majority of kids in public schools won't be going to college, nor will their jobs/careers require a degree. Why spend all kinds of money, and time on something the parents should be doing themselves? Kids who want to go to college, are free to study online. Most parents could afford to get their kids prepared for college, even pay some of the cost, if they paid less taxes.

You do realize that these rich guys, and business do pay taxes, and a lot more than most people earn in a lifetime. Some are pretty good at dodging some taxes, but they still pay a lot, it's not completely avoidable. How is paying hundreds of thousands in taxes a fair share, when many people only pay a couple of thousand?

Don't know Kentucky property law, but down here in Florida, it takes several years, before they foreclose for unpaid taxes. You do realize that even though someone is 'rich', doesn't mean cash on hand? Lot of millionaires don't have ready cash to spend.



All it seems Harvey is that you're apathetic. You really don't care about anything. You don't even take time to find out what you're posting about. Anymore I think people like you are typical of the US.

No, we just don't assume someone is guilty like you do.
James___ wrote:
I am starting to wonder if you suffer from depression. Many Americans do. You could be one of them. You don't give what you post any thought.

Psychoquacker.
James___ wrote:
It's strange the way you defend the wealthy.

No, we just don't assume someone is guilty like you do.
James___ wrote:
Why should the average person pick up the slack? Because they're doing it too? I don't know of anyone who works for a living owing millions in back taxes.

Bigotry.


The Parrot Killer
17-06-2019 18:44
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
HarveyH55 wrote:
So the people that work hard, grow a business, make millions, should be punished for it, and pay a higher rate, to pick up your slack, or likely, support you, seen you are handicapped, and unwilling to work? You use a computer (badly), so you could do work, but are you? I'm not a financially rich man, certainly not poor. Just barely have enough saved to cover my health insurance deductible, but earn enough to pay my bills on time, and do what I want. I don't use credit, I want something, I save for it, sometimes alter my spending pattern a little to make it happen a little sooner. Still try to maintain a level of savings, that will cover expenses, like last year, when I had surgery. Everyone is different, have different goals and ambitions. some can't leave money sitting, they need to put every dollar to work, hoping to make more. Even if their assets are in the millions, they have trouble getting the bills paid, without selling off assets, which they hope to avoid, special if it's not at a profit. It would be silly to expect some one to sell their business, for whatever they can get, just to pay a tax bill, a small fraction of the value of the business. The tax code allows a good amount of time for people to find a way to settle, without selling off their assets. Being behind on taxes doesn't means they don't intend to pay, some just take advantage of the time allowed. There are a lot of sneaky little tricks allowed by the tax laws, that get used not exactly as intended, which leads to investigations, which often turns out to be a loophole, not often exploited, not fraud. Tax laws were never intended to be an iron fist, where you either pay now, or get punished. It gives people some room to comply, without being an undo burden.

You really do seem to get that these rich people aren't using any more tax dollars than any other American, but their tax bill is more than most people earn in a year.


He doesn't understand constitutions. He's just being a bigot.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 17-06-2019 18:46
17-06-2019 19:40
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think you understand medicine, or physiology, psychology either. Doctors don't heal anyone, they only assist you to heal yourself. They don't restore you to full health, like you were before injury or illness either, they only help you to recover as much function as possible. If your surgery was done wrong, seems like you should be able to find a doctor to check the work, and fix it, if needed. That's what they do, after, help restore function. You can't get a doctor to agree with you, because your surgery was done correctly. Same reason you can't find a lawyer to help you sue for malpractice. Many surgeries require lifestyle changes, dietary changes, medications, to be effective, and avoid future problems. Mine were for only a few weeks, while my gut healed, and i mostly followed the recommendation of the surgeon, all went well. I didn't really have much choice on the exercise, CIGNA Health Care kept me busy with forms, for my short-term disability the whole. I live alone, so if I wanted something done, I had to do it myself. I'd don't sit well, always looking to keep busy at something, not much for watching TV. Likely was doing a little more, than what the doctor had in mind. Got a hunch, you mostly sat around after your surgery, because it hurt too much, or had people doing everything for you, based on your need to stop and rest, every flight of stairs at work. My surgeon's office was on the second floor, there was an elevator, but I wasn't sure about using it. First two times, I was a little winded climbing the stairs, but it got easier. And I don't climb stairs often around here.

Don't know why you find it so important to convince me, we've never met, nor likely to. It's more likely you need to convince yourself.



Harvey, you are self absorbed.

When I worked for Boeing, they encouraged us to have interests.
About everything you say revolves around you.
I almost missed it Harvey. When I said that between my service connected hearing loss and surgeons ignoring an obvious problem help to motivate me, you said that I don't know what I'm talking about.
It's sad but you're not capable of growing as a person.


p.s., Wake knows that I've been working on a project since before I had surgery in January 2018. My being disabled has made it much more difficult for me to pursue it. I'm still working on it but I have to go slow. You see it will help me to have the surgery I want while also helping me to explain a hypothesis that I have about Natural Climate Variation.
And if all works out then one day they'll be teaching my theory in school. I think that would be pretty cool.

Edited on 17-06-2019 20:06
RE: Pity & Global Warming17-06-2019 21:23
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4612)
James___ wrote: There is something wrong with you Harvey.

I'm guessing this is mere projection on your part, to be clarified in your next statement

James___ wrote: My intestines being positioned wrong is serious.

The problem is with you and your intestines, not with HarveyH55.

James___ wrote: There is something that you haven't considered. My interest in properly understanding climate change might in some ways come back to doctors not getting things right when they operate on me.

Are you planning on suing the doctors for not performing the proper forcings and feedbacks which made your intestines cause sea level rise that now threatens beachfront property?

James___ wrote: Psychology tends to work that way.

Are you saying that psychology gets the forcings and feedbacks right and that the doctors should be held accountable for applying the proper psychology?

James___ wrote: That's why I've also taken the time to understand my own situation.

Help me understand it again....

James___ wrote: I guess I should feel sorry for you. You haven't gone through crap that's motivated you.

Reading between the lines of your projection, are you looking for pity?


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-06-2019 21:43
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: There is something wrong with you Harvey.

I'm guessing this is mere projection on your part, to be clarified in your next statement

James___ wrote: My intestines being positioned wrong is serious.

The problem is with you and your intestines, not with HarveyH55.

James___ wrote: There is something that you haven't considered. My interest in properly understanding climate change might in some ways come back to doctors not getting things right when they operate on me.

Are you planning on suing the doctors for not performing the proper forcings and feedbacks which made your intestines cause sea level rise that now threatens beachfront property?

James___ wrote: Psychology tends to work that way.

Are you saying that psychology gets the forcings and feedbacks right and that the doctors should be held accountable for applying the proper psychology?

James___ wrote: That's why I've also taken the time to understand my own situation.

Help me understand it again....

James___ wrote: I guess I should feel sorry for you. You haven't gone through crap that's motivated you.

Reading between the lines of your projection, are you looking for pity?


I was wondering about you. Are you Native American like itn and you want to count coup as well? I guess the internet is the New Frontier.
17-06-2019 22:02
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think you understand medicine, or physiology, psychology either. Doctors don't heal anyone, they only assist you to heal yourself. They don't restore you to full health, like you were before injury or illness either, they only help you to recover as much function as possible. If your surgery was done wrong, seems like you should be able to find a doctor to check the work, and fix it, if needed. That's what they do, after, help restore function. You can't get a doctor to agree with you, because your surgery was done correctly. Same reason you can't find a lawyer to help you sue for malpractice. Many surgeries require lifestyle changes, dietary changes, medications, to be effective, and avoid future problems. Mine were for only a few weeks, while my gut healed, and i mostly followed the recommendation of the surgeon, all went well. I didn't really have much choice on the exercise, CIGNA Health Care kept me busy with forms, for my short-term disability the whole. I live alone, so if I wanted something done, I had to do it myself. I'd don't sit well, always looking to keep busy at something, not much for watching TV. Likely was doing a little more, than what the doctor had in mind. Got a hunch, you mostly sat around after your surgery, because it hurt too much, or had people doing everything for you, based on your need to stop and rest, every flight of stairs at work. My surgeon's office was on the second floor, there was an elevator, but I wasn't sure about using it. First two times, I was a little winded climbing the stairs, but it got easier. And I don't climb stairs often around here.

Don't know why you find it so important to convince me, we've never met, nor likely to. It's more likely you need to convince yourself.



Harvey, you are self absorbed.

Inversion fallacy. Your posts are mostly about YOU.
James___ wrote:
When I worked for Boeing, they encouraged us to have interests.

Why don't you work for Boeing now?
James___ wrote:
About everything you say revolves around you.

Inversion fallacy. This post is about YOU again.
James___ wrote:
I almost missed it Harvey. When I said that between my service connected hearing loss and surgeons ignoring an obvious problem help to motivate me, you said that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Whiner.
James___ wrote:
It's sad but you're not capable of growing as a person.

Inversion fallacy yet again.
James___ wrote:
p.s., Wake knows that I've been working on a project since before I had surgery in January 2018. My being disabled has made it much more difficult for me to pursue it. I'm still working on it but I have to go slow. You see it will help me to have the surgery I want while also helping me to explain a hypothesis that I have about Natural Climate Variation.

About YOU again. There is no such thing as a global climate. Climates don't vary. The simply are.
James___ wrote:
And if all works out then one day they'll be teaching my theory in school. I think that would be pretty cool.


Schools also teach that tomatoes are a vegetable. It's just as wrong.


The Parrot Killer
18-06-2019 00:21
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
Into the Night wrote:
[
[quote]James___ wrote:
It's sad but you're not capable of growing as a person.

Inversion fallacy yet again.
/quote]

ITN, you guys are content with your lives. That's okay.

As far as fruits and vegetables go, do people care? If not then the difference doesn't matter. Someone grows them and people buy them. Changing the group they belong to would change nothing except for the word people (grocers) use to describe them.
If semantics are that important to you, then enjoy
Edited on 18-06-2019 00:51
18-06-2019 02:10
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think you understand medicine, or physiology, psychology either. Doctors don't heal anyone, they only assist you to heal yourself. They don't restore you to full health, like you were before injury or illness either, they only help you to recover as much function as possible. If your surgery was done wrong, seems like you should be able to find a doctor to check the work, and fix it, if needed. That's what they do, after, help restore function. You can't get a doctor to agree with you, because your surgery was done correctly. Same reason you can't find a lawyer to help you sue for malpractice. Many surgeries require lifestyle changes, dietary changes, medications, to be effective, and avoid future problems. Mine were for only a few weeks, while my gut healed, and i mostly followed the recommendation of the surgeon, all went well. I didn't really have much choice on the exercise, CIGNA Health Care kept me busy with forms, for my short-term disability the whole. I live alone, so if I wanted something done, I had to do it myself. I'd don't sit well, always looking to keep busy at something, not much for watching TV. Likely was doing a little more, than what the doctor had in mind. Got a hunch, you mostly sat around after your surgery, because it hurt too much, or had people doing everything for you, based on your need to stop and rest, every flight of stairs at work. My surgeon's office was on the second floor, there was an elevator, but I wasn't sure about using it. First two times, I was a little winded climbing the stairs, but it got easier. And I don't climb stairs often around here.

Don't know why you find it so important to convince me, we've never met, nor likely to. It's more likely you need to convince yourself.



Harvey, you are self absorbed.

When I worked for Boeing, they encouraged us to have interests.
About everything you say revolves around you.
I almost missed it Harvey. When I said that between my service connected hearing loss and surgeons ignoring an obvious problem help to motivate me, you said that I don't know what I'm talking about.
It's sad but you're not capable of growing as a person.


p.s., Wake knows that I've been working on a project since before I had surgery in January 2018. My being disabled has made it much more difficult for me to pursue it. I'm still working on it but I have to go slow. You see it will help me to have the surgery I want while also helping me to explain a hypothesis that I have about Natural Climate Variation.
And if all works out then one day they'll be teaching my theory in school. I think that would be pretty cool.


I have trouble believing much of what you type, it's a lot like reading an IPCC report. You tend to contradict yourself often, misrepresent the facts, ignore facts and options, but mostly only tell the parts that benefit you, usually embellished. Hearing loss can mean anything, doesn't necessarily qualify as a disability. Your VA benefits should help you get that corrected, unless you had trouble filling out a few forms, or maybe you are still waiting your turn for treatment.

Boeing is a huge company, working there could have been anything from janitorial to executive. Sounds impressive, but doesn't add anything. It's like me saying I worked for Hewlett-Packard out in Oregon, which I did for a while. I actually worked for a Temp agency, and tested some parts for medical devices, pretty simplistic stuff, lasted 3 weeks. Considering you went from Boeing to Amazon picker, would indicate you weren't a salaried employee.

Surgeons ignoring you, or you ignoring the surgeons? Tend to believe you ignore your doctors, and the facts the present, be cause they aren't telling you what you wish to hear. Invasive surgery is a serious thing, and always carries some risk, it's not done on the request of the patient. Doctors don't want you to die for their mistakes, it's costly, and a career killer, easily discovered in an autopsy, verified through your medical records.
18-06-2019 02:31
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think you understand medicine, or physiology, psychology either. Doctors don't heal anyone, they only assist you to heal yourself. They don't restore you to full health, like you were before injury or illness either, they only help you to recover as much function as possible. If your surgery was done wrong, seems like you should be able to find a doctor to check the work, and fix it, if needed. That's what they do, after, help restore function. You can't get a doctor to agree with you, because your surgery was done correctly. Same reason you can't find a lawyer to help you sue for malpractice. Many surgeries require lifestyle changes, dietary changes, medications, to be effective, and avoid future problems. Mine were for only a few weeks, while my gut healed, and i mostly followed the recommendation of the surgeon, all went well. I didn't really have much choice on the exercise, CIGNA Health Care kept me busy with forms, for my short-term disability the whole. I live alone, so if I wanted something done, I had to do it myself. I'd don't sit well, always looking to keep busy at something, not much for watching TV. Likely was doing a little more, than what the doctor had in mind. Got a hunch, you mostly sat around after your surgery, because it hurt too much, or had people doing everything for you, based on your need to stop and rest, every flight of stairs at work. My surgeon's office was on the second floor, there was an elevator, but I wasn't sure about using it. First two times, I was a little winded climbing the stairs, but it got easier. And I don't climb stairs often around here.

Don't know why you find it so important to convince me, we've never met, nor likely to. It's more likely you need to convince yourself.



Harvey, you are self absorbed.

When I worked for Boeing, they encouraged us to have interests.
About everything you say revolves around you.
I almost missed it Harvey. When I said that between my service connected hearing loss and surgeons ignoring an obvious problem help to motivate me, you said that I don't know what I'm talking about.
It's sad but you're not capable of growing as a person.


p.s., Wake knows that I've been working on a project since before I had surgery in January 2018. My being disabled has made it much more difficult for me to pursue it. I'm still working on it but I have to go slow. You see it will help me to have the surgery I want while also helping me to explain a hypothesis that I have about Natural Climate Variation.
And if all works out then one day they'll be teaching my theory in school. I think that would be pretty cool.


I have trouble believing much of what you type, it's a lot like reading an IPCC report. You tend to contradict yourself often, misrepresent the facts, ignore facts and options, but mostly only tell the parts that benefit you, usually embellished. Hearing loss can mean anything, doesn't necessarily qualify as a disability. Your VA benefits should help you get that corrected, unless you had trouble filling out a few forms, or maybe you are still waiting your turn for treatment.

Boeing is a huge company, working there could have been anything from janitorial to executive. Sounds impressive, but doesn't add anything. It's like me saying I worked for Hewlett-Packard out in Oregon, which I did for a while. I actually worked for a Temp agency, and tested some parts for medical devices, pretty simplistic stuff, lasted 3 weeks. Considering you went from Boeing to Amazon picker, would indicate you weren't a salaried employee.

Surgeons ignoring you, or you ignoring the surgeons? Tend to believe you ignore your doctors, and the facts the present, be cause they aren't telling you what you wish to hear. Invasive surgery is a serious thing, and always carries some risk, it's not done on the request of the patient. Doctors don't want you to die for their mistakes, it's costly, and a career killer, easily discovered in an autopsy, verified through your medical records.



When someone dies from malpractice, the doctor involved will have an attorney defending him. Not really a problem. Depending on the award, there might be a slight increase in their malpractice insurance.
A doctors first order of business is not to involve themselves in another doctor's problem. That allows a doctor to correct his own mistake without calling it a mistake. Then no malpractice or medical negligence occurred. And thus no malpractice suit.
With my situation, everyone in the operating room would know what was going on. No malpractice suit would be able to be filed but my surgeon would face endless ridicule from the local community for not knowing where a person's colon goes. He would have been the butt of many anal jokes. He didn't want to emberass himself amongst his peers. And that's why I am allowed to suffer. It has literally nothing to do with a malpractice suit. The reason for my disability would justify corrective surgery.
I had cancer and I had complications. How is that malpractice?

And Harvey, as you said, you live alone. You know that other people are a problem. Like you said, I'm the problem. That's cold.
I hope you have fun with itn and damann.
Edited on 18-06-2019 02:42
18-06-2019 05:46
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
[
[quote]James___ wrote:
It's sad but you're not capable of growing as a person.

Inversion fallacy yet again.
/quote]

ITN, you guys are content with your lives. That's okay.

Not to you. You are whining about your own miserable life and want others to pay for it.
James___ wrote:
As far as fruits and vegetables go, do people care?

Yes.
James___ wrote:
If not then the difference doesn't matter.

Yes it does.
James___ wrote:
Someone grows them and people buy them.

No, words mean things. The schools are teaching the wrong thing. This is one example.
James___ wrote:
Changing the group they belong to would change nothing except for the word people (grocers) use to describe them.

Yes it would. It would change the taxes charged upon them.
James___ wrote:
If semantics are that important to you, then enjoy

Words mean things. You can't just discard them.


The Parrot Killer
18-06-2019 05:50
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think you understand medicine, or physiology, psychology either. Doctors don't heal anyone, they only assist you to heal yourself. They don't restore you to full health, like you were before injury or illness either, they only help you to recover as much function as possible. If your surgery was done wrong, seems like you should be able to find a doctor to check the work, and fix it, if needed. That's what they do, after, help restore function. You can't get a doctor to agree with you, because your surgery was done correctly. Same reason you can't find a lawyer to help you sue for malpractice. Many surgeries require lifestyle changes, dietary changes, medications, to be effective, and avoid future problems. Mine were for only a few weeks, while my gut healed, and i mostly followed the recommendation of the surgeon, all went well. I didn't really have much choice on the exercise, CIGNA Health Care kept me busy with forms, for my short-term disability the whole. I live alone, so if I wanted something done, I had to do it myself. I'd don't sit well, always looking to keep busy at something, not much for watching TV. Likely was doing a little more, than what the doctor had in mind. Got a hunch, you mostly sat around after your surgery, because it hurt too much, or had people doing everything for you, based on your need to stop and rest, every flight of stairs at work. My surgeon's office was on the second floor, there was an elevator, but I wasn't sure about using it. First two times, I was a little winded climbing the stairs, but it got easier. And I don't climb stairs often around here.

Don't know why you find it so important to convince me, we've never met, nor likely to. It's more likely you need to convince yourself.



Harvey, you are self absorbed.

When I worked for Boeing, they encouraged us to have interests.
About everything you say revolves around you.
I almost missed it Harvey. When I said that between my service connected hearing loss and surgeons ignoring an obvious problem help to motivate me, you said that I don't know what I'm talking about.
It's sad but you're not capable of growing as a person.


p.s., Wake knows that I've been working on a project since before I had surgery in January 2018. My being disabled has made it much more difficult for me to pursue it. I'm still working on it but I have to go slow. You see it will help me to have the surgery I want while also helping me to explain a hypothesis that I have about Natural Climate Variation.
And if all works out then one day they'll be teaching my theory in school. I think that would be pretty cool.


I have trouble believing much of what you type, it's a lot like reading an IPCC report. You tend to contradict yourself often, misrepresent the facts, ignore facts and options, but mostly only tell the parts that benefit you, usually embellished. Hearing loss can mean anything, doesn't necessarily qualify as a disability. Your VA benefits should help you get that corrected, unless you had trouble filling out a few forms, or maybe you are still waiting your turn for treatment.

Boeing is a huge company, working there could have been anything from janitorial to executive. Sounds impressive, but doesn't add anything. It's like me saying I worked for Hewlett-Packard out in Oregon, which I did for a while. I actually worked for a Temp agency, and tested some parts for medical devices, pretty simplistic stuff, lasted 3 weeks. Considering you went from Boeing to Amazon picker, would indicate you weren't a salaried employee.

Surgeons ignoring you, or you ignoring the surgeons? Tend to believe you ignore your doctors, and the facts the present, be cause they aren't telling you what you wish to hear. Invasive surgery is a serious thing, and always carries some risk, it's not done on the request of the patient. Doctors don't want you to die for their mistakes, it's costly, and a career killer, easily discovered in an autopsy, verified through your medical records.



When someone dies from malpractice, the doctor involved will have an attorney defending him. Not really a problem. Depending on the award, there might be a slight increase in their malpractice insurance.

So?
James___ wrote:
A doctors first order of business is not to involve themselves in another doctor's problem. That allows a doctor to correct his own mistake without calling it a mistake. Then no malpractice or medical negligence occurred. And thus no malpractice suit.
With my situation, everyone in the operating room would know what was going on. No malpractice suit would be able to be filed but my surgeon would face endless ridicule from the local community for not knowing where a person's colon goes. He would have been the butt of many anal jokes. He didn't want to emberass himself amongst his peers. And that's why I am allowed to suffer. It has literally nothing to do with a malpractice suit. The reason for my disability would justify corrective surgery.
I had cancer and I had complications. How is that malpractice?

Then get corrective surgery. Nothing's stopping you.
James___ wrote:
And Harvey, as you said, you live alone. You know that other people are a problem. Like you said, I'm the problem. That's cold.

You are the problem. You are conceited. You only want to talk about you and how miserable you are, or how you are going to become part of the curriculum in schools. You only want to talk about you.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 18-06-2019 05:51
18-06-2019 11:23
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
It's malpractice anytime the doctor makes a mistake in treatment, is negligent in giving proper treatment, or performs unneeded procedures (fraud). So far, it's only you, who believe that you weren't given the correct treatment for your cancer. You beat the cancer, and your colon functions, you survived. Not exactly sure what you are complaining about, or how you are disabled, physically, anyway. Are you confused about complications and side-effects? Your intestines are basically just stuffed in a sack, and are free to move around. As long as the surgeon stuffed them all back into that sack, they are in the correct place. Are you sure your problems are even related to your surgery? Could be having a seperate health issue? Have thought about going to a doctor, one you haven't pissed-off yet, and just presented your symptoms, let the doctor examine and do tests, make his own diagnosis? You can be wrong, specially when drawing conclusions outside of your field of study. You aren't a doctor, obviously, nor have a very good understanding of physiology. You only want one very specific treatment, a crap-sack (can't spell the technical name), won't except anything less. Sounds more like you aren't interested in your health, just your disability (benefits). You've been on here complain about this a long time, you don't have a serious condition, that requires surgery. Not sure if lobotomy is considered surgery...
18-06-2019 14:09
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's malpractice anytime the doctor makes a mistake in treatment, is negligent in giving proper treatment, or performs unneeded procedures (fraud). So far, it's only you, who believe that you weren't given the correct treatment for your cancer. You beat the cancer, and your colon functions, you survived. Not exactly sure what you are complaining about, or how you are disabled, physically, anyway. Are you confused about complications and side-effects? Your intestines are basically just stuffed in a sack, and are free to move around. As long as the surgeon stuffed them all back into that sack, they are in the correct place. Are you sure your problems are even related to your surgery? Could be having a seperate health issue? Have thought about going to a doctor, one you haven't pissed-off yet, and just presented your symptoms, let the doctor examine and do tests, make his own diagnosis? You can be wrong, specially when drawing conclusions outside of your field of study. You aren't a doctor, obviously, nor have a very good understanding of physiology. You only want one very specific treatment, a crap-sack (can't spell the technical name), won't except anything less. Sounds more like you aren't interested in your health, just your disability (benefits). You've been on here complain about this a long time, you don't have a serious condition, that requires surgery. Not sure if lobotomy is considered surgery...



Harvey, I am mindful that history has recorded that our climate has changed. You, itn and damann all are dismissive of that.
If you refute recorded history then I'm not sure how you could understand that a doctor avoids a malpractice suit by ignoring his mistakes.
18-06-2019 14:54
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4612)
James___ wrote: Harvey, I am mindful that history has recorded that our climate has changed.

I think most people reading your posts are mindful of the fact that neither you nor history has ever defined this global climate thing, probably because fictitious things don't ever change.

James___ wrote: You, itn and damann all are dismissive of that.

No, we are very mindful of the fact that you have only refused to define this global climate that you reference so often.

James___ wrote: If you refute recorded history then I'm not sure how you could understand that a doctor avoids a malpractice suit by ignoring his mistakes.

Watch ... you will continue to leave this global "Climate" undefined, leaving recorded history with nary an example of any changes whatsoever in said global "Climate."


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-06-2019 17:42
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Harvey, I am mindful that history has recorded that our climate has changed.

I think most people reading your posts are mindful of the fact that neither you nor history has ever defined this global climate thing, probably because fictitious things don't ever change.

James___ wrote: You, itn and damann all are dismissive of that.

No, we are very mindful of the fact that you have only refused to define this global climate that you reference so often.

James___ wrote: If you refute recorded history then I'm not sure how you could understand that a doctor avoids a malpractice suit by ignoring his mistakes.

Watch ... you will continue to leave this global "Climate" undefined, leaving recorded history with nary an example of any changes whatsoever in said global "Climate."



And when you were a little kid, your goal in life was to become a parrot. Mission accomplished
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Trump, Climate Change investigation?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Trump Sued Over New Coal Rules014-08-2019 02:37
Trump Friend Jeffrey Epstein316-07-2019 20:39
President Trump makes a personal sacrifice, for the country...211-07-2019 17:29
Third Term for Trump?226-06-2019 00:22
As a CO2 lover, I'd like to see Trump and Democrat congress win 2020 election1021-06-2019 22:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact