Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And futures trading on crude oil helped fuel (pun intended) the Great Recession of 2008. That's what caused gas prices to go up so quickly.

No. Inflation is what caused gas prices to go up so quickly.

When can we get oil price of negative $37 again??? That was awesome!

I want the gas station to pay me when I fill up my tank instead of me pay them

Oil never went to negative $37 a barrel. The lowest it got this year was $11 a barrel. It is currently trading at $45.76 a barrel (20.12.13.t.2038utc).

And your explanation of this is?

"A historic drop occurred on April 20, when the price of West Texas Intermediate crude dropped by almost 300%, trading at around negative $37 per barrel."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/16/how-negative-oil-prices-revealed-the-dangers-of-futures-trading.html

Fake News. Oil never went to negative $37 a barrel.

Must be fake Futures Contracts too, right, traded on commodity exchanges all around the world?

Irrelevant extension of an invalid argument. This is a pivot fallacy...a favorite of tmiddles.

The buyer of a futures contract is taking on the obligation to buy and receive the underlying asset when the futures contract expires. The seller of the futures contract is taking on the obligation to provide and deliver the underlying asset at the expiration date.

Not irrelevant.

The seller of 1 barrel of oil had the obligation to pay the buyer of 1 barrel of oil $37, for sales done on April 20, 2020.
Never happened. Fake News. Oil traded at $19.12 in April. It was actually up from March.

More denial of actual recorded transaction history from The Parrot.

There is no such transaction history as you claim. Yes. I deny it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-12-2020 23:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
I find it rather fitting that a bird brain is showing up every time you post.

. Oh it's ok for your pals to do it but not me!

I was fortunate enough to be graced with that wild bird's presence just a few feet from me for maybe 10 minutes this past October

Probably preparing to migrate with his buddies. That's when these birds start to hang out together more. This one might have been a bit curious. These birds are generally VERY observant of everything around them. They can mimic an amazing set of sounds, and they have a pretty song.

I'm not quite sure what species of bird this is. My guess is a hawk.

Not a dove

Agreed, now that I look at it closer. This bird is a meat eater for sure. Hawks are normally very territorial. I wonder why this one was so friendly to you. They aren't afraid of people at all.

It certainly was not afraid of me. But it wasn't aggressive either. Never the less, I didn't narrow the distance between us less than 3 feet, for fear of losing an eye

Heh. Birds of prey can sometimes look at you like you're their next lunch.
There's something about the way they look at you.

I've seen cats stalk an eagle (we had one absolutely beautiful female at our house for awhile), until the eagle spots them and gives that cat 'The Eye'. The cat immediately stands up and walks away as if saying, "Who? Me? I wasn't doing anything!". That cat knows it would just be a snack for that bird.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 16-12-2020 23:41
16-12-2020 23:43
(21600)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

I was fortunate enough to be graced with that wild bird's presence just a few feet from me for maybe 10 minutes this past October

Probably preparing to migrate with his buddies. That's when these birds start to hang out together more. This one might have been a bit curious. These birds are generally VERY observant of everything around them. They can mimic an amazing set of sounds, and they have a pretty song.

Not a dove

Agreed, now that I look at it closer. This bird is a meat eater for sure. Hawks are normally very territorial. I wonder why this one was so friendly to you. They aren't afraid of people at all.

It certainly was not afraid of me. But it wasn't aggressive either. Never the less, I didn't narrow the distance between us less than 3 feet, for fear of losing an eye

Yup, I would say some sort of hawk as well (especially looking at the fatter and curved beak shape, and the larger size of it). Starlings are smaller, have a smaller, narrower and pointier beak shape, and have a multi-colored and speckled body (in the Summer, anyway). I too am intrigued that it was so friendly with you.

Friendly or considering a meal?

The Parrot Killer

16-12-2020 23:49
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
April 20 revealed something that many people found to be outright unbelievable; the price for May 2020 delivery of WTI crude (i.e. – the prompt contract price) collapsed by more than $50/barrel into previously uncharted, negative territory. Moreover, WTI disconnected from its typical relationship with Brent and petroleum product prices.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thebakersinstitute/2020/04/21/april-20-wti-at37-brent-at-26-what-happened-what-comes-next-the-stories-that-will-be-told/

WTI stands for West Texas Intermediate oil in case you didn't know.

Edited on 16-12-2020 23:53
16-12-2020 23:55
(21600)
Spongy Iris wrote:
...deleted malformed portion...
April 20 revealed something that many people found to be outright unbelievable; the price for May 2020 delivery of WTI crude (i.e. – the prompt contract price) collapsed by more than $50/barrel into previously uncharted, negative territory. Moreover, WTI disconnected from its typical relationship with Brent and petroleum product prices.

Never did. Oil never went below $11 a barrel, and that was in late March. You are quoting Fake News.

This isn't the first time Forbes has published Fake News. It won't be the last, either.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 16-12-2020 23:57
16-12-2020 23:58
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Never did. Oil never went below $11 a barrel, and that was in late March. You are quoting Fake News.

The news is just reporting the price of the May futures contract for WTI crude oil.

Was every financial news report on April 20 lying??? You must be stoned!

Edited on 16-12-2020 23:59
17-12-2020 00:07
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Not a dove

Yup, I would say some sort of hawk as well (especially looking at the fatter and curved beak shape, and the larger size of it). Starlings are smaller, have a smaller, narrower and pointier beak shape, and have a multi-colored and speckled body (in the Summer, anyway). I too am intrigued that it was so friendly with you.

It was a good perch to look down on the critters below. A great view.

17-12-2020 00:52
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Not a dove

17-12-2020 09:25
(21600)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

The news is just reporting the price of the May futures contract for WTI crude oil.

You aren't quoting every news report or all contracts.

The Parrot Killer

17-12-2020 09:27
(21600)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Not a dove

It was a good perch to look down on the critters below. A great view.

Okay. A top down view of sorts, then. Yup. It was considering a meal. At least it was not considering you!

The Parrot Killer

17-12-2020 09:48
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

And another one... This time the spot price.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/wti_crude_oil_spot_price

You just say fake news, but everywhere I look the history of the tape is telling me oil has traded for a negative price.

Perhaps you can explain your reasoning instead of summarily dismissing the abundance of confirming reports as fake news.

Edited on 17-12-2020 09:50
17-12-2020 10:27
(21600)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

And another one... This time the spot price.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/wti_crude_oil_spot_price

You just say fake news, but everywhere I look the history of the tape is telling me oil has traded for a negative price.

Perhaps you can explain your reasoning instead of summarily dismissing the abundance of confirming reports as fake news.

West Texas is not the only supplier of oil.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate This Should Be Interesting:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Interesting news about Donald Trump (The Don officially to 80 million of us) anyway Trump is415-08-2022 04:08
The USA Must Change The President Election Rules To Make Life More Fair & Interesting128-07-2021 04:43
An interesting covid-19 number. If all Americans caught covid-19, then 85 percent3901-02-2021 02:07
Interesting news2030-03-2020 21:26
interesting article in forbes126-06-2019 13:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact