Remember me
▼ Content

Temp in Miami

Temp in Miami03-02-2020 00:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
The superbowl will be played in a little while and at the end of the game they'll have a score, what ever it may be.
Do any of you lunatics believe that it won't be an accurate measure of the true score? Non-lunatics need not answer this question. It is only for lunatics.

Oh my gosh. I could get kicked of this board for not sticking to the topic. Aaww shucks.
Edited on 03-02-2020 00:26
03-02-2020 00:57
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
We WILL know the score. It will be determined by the well defined boundaries of the game provided by the NFL.
03-02-2020 03:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote: We WILL know the score. It will be determined by the well defined boundaries of the game provided by the NFL.

Another memo that keepit didn't get. If he had, he wouldn't have asked his stupid question and instead might have posted what you wrote and actually broke out of his 0.000 batting average.

I'm glad that keepit is posting on Climate-Debate because most sites simply would not believe that someone like him could happen.

Parents, don't let this happen to your kids.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-02-2020 05:48
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: We WILL know the score. It will be determined by the well defined boundaries of the game provided by the NFL.

Another memo that keepit didn't get. If he had, he wouldn't have asked his stupid question and instead might have posted what you wrote and actually broke out of his 0.000 batting average.

I'm glad that keepit is posting on Climate-Debate because most sites simply would not believe that someone like him could happen.

Parents, don't let this happen to your kids.

Damn right on every point IBdaMann, however, I was simply looking for lunatic status.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-02-2020 15:53
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:Damn right on every point IBdaMann, however, I was simply looking for lunatic status.

You might be too level-headed to be cut out for lunacy. I'm sure you were told, just as I was, that you can be anything you want if you just try hard enough.

I was never able to become a center for the Lakers.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-02-2020 16:45
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
The superbowl will be played in a little while and at the end of the game they'll have a score, what ever it may be.

Very observant of you.

keepit wrote:
Do any of you lunatics believe that it won't be an accurate measure of the true score?

It is my belief that the WWENFL is rigged and that they control the outcome of their own games (especially since they are legally classified as "entertainment" rather than a "sport"), so the WWENFL doesn't really matter to me in the slightest.

However, to your main point, how is the score of the games being "measured"? Isn't it just a simple calculation per the Base-10 system of numbering (in accordance to the rules noted in the NFL rule book)?

keepit wrote:
Non-lunatics need not answer this question. It is only for lunatics.

Define "lunatic".

keepit wrote:
Oh my gosh. I could get kicked of this board for not sticking to the topic. Aaww shucks.

Meh. Spot was rule-grubbing in that one thread, so he was responded to accordingly.
Edited on 03-02-2020 17:07
03-02-2020 20:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
keepit wrote:
Do any of you lunatics believe that it won't be an accurate measure of the true score? Non-lunatics need not answer this question. It is only for lunatics.

Scores are not a measurement.
I don't bother with the Superbowl.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-02-2020 20:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
It's just a figure of speech.
Don't take things so literally.
Oooh, oooh, is that a barking order? Ooooh, oooh.
03-02-2020 21:09
(14414)
Into the Night wrote: Scores are not a measurement.

keepit never learned about counting vs. measuring. When he was a child and was asked to count on his fingers he asked how he was supposed to do that without a ruler.

Hey keepit, do you think football teams use those chains to see who's winning?

03-02-2020 21:21
(3314)
keepit wrote:
It's just a figure of speech.

No, you were attempting to equate "measuring" (calculating) the score of a WWENFL game to "measuring" (measuring) the temperature of something (in this case, supposedly measuring the temperature of Miami).

keepit wrote:
Don't take things so literally.

This is English, not Liberal.

keepit wrote:
Oooh, oooh, is that a barking order? Ooooh, oooh.

Are you okay?
Edited on 03-02-2020 21:23
03-02-2020 21:28
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
Scores are not a measurement.
I don't bother with the Superbowl.

You missed Shakira and J-Lo (pop "singers") providing some very "family-friendly" "entertainment", to say it kindly...
03-02-2020 21:41
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
So far, so Good. Thanks for asking.

By the way, the post was a figure of speech by intention. A lot of people would understand that but some wouldn't i guess.
Off to see the tax man.
Edited on 03-02-2020 21:43
03-02-2020 22:31
(3314)
keepit wrote:

By the way, the post was a figure of speech by intention. A lot of people would understand that but some wouldn't i guess.

Off to see the tax man.

No it wasn't. You were attempting to compare a temperature "measurement" (measurement) to "measuring" (calculating) a WWENFL score.

In the case of the Superbowl, KC's final score was 7+3+7+7+7=31, and SF's final score was 7+3+3+7=20.
03-02-2020 22:36
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote:In the case of the Superbowl,
KC's final score was 7+3+7+7+7=31, and
SF's final score was 7+3+3+7=20.

I don't know ... you seem to be implying zero margin of error. Don't you need to gather the score data over a minimum of 30 years to ensure you got that game right?

03-02-2020 23:03
(21599)
keepit wrote:

Off to see the tax man.

'Measuring' is not a figure of speech for 'counting'. Apparently you have no idea of the difference.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-02-2020 00:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Ask yourself why your interpretations are so static and concrete rather than dynamic and abstract?
04-02-2020 00:36
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Can the score be known or is this another thing that is unknowable. This is good news for San Francisco.
Edited on 04-02-2020 00:37
04-02-2020 00:51
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:In the case of the Superbowl,
KC's final score was 7+3+7+7+7=31, and
SF's final score was 7+3+3+7=20.

I don't know ... you seem to be implying zero margin of error. Don't you need to gather the score data over a minimum of 30 years to ensure you got that game right?

GOOD point, IB!! Thanks for keeping me honest!

Wait a sec keepit, I forgot to gather score data between the two teams over the past 30 years to determine who won yesterday's Superbowl... Now comes the point where I just completely ignore all of the years of the WWENFL's existence PRIOR TO 2/2/1990 because those years are not "deemed holy" for "obvious reasons". Hmmm, maybe KC didn't win yesterday's Superbowl after all... I'll have to determine a winner from past measurements... gimme a sec...
Wait, is there a definite consensus that KC won yesterday??

And that's without even getting into the score anomalies... because, you know, REAL scientists use anomalies...
04-02-2020 00:57
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Ask yourself why your interpretations are so static and concrete rather than dynamic and abstract?

Why gfm7175, why??
04-02-2020 01:11
(21599)
keepit wrote:

Because words mean things, though you deny it.

Try English.

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2020 01:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
JMHO but i think many people are just wired that way.
04-02-2020 07:23
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote: Wait, is there a definite consensus that KC won yesterday??

Yes, yes, yes ... NFL games are determined by consensus, and sometimes by democratic vote in New York.

gfm7175 wrote: And that's without even getting into the score anomalies... because, you know, REAL scientists use anomalies...

Anomalies are not involved until the tailgate, where you pour the beer by proxy measure.

04-02-2020 12:13
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Do any of you lunatics believe that it won't be an accurate measure of the true score?
Calculating distance for a first down is inecstricably part of the game too.

So what would you tell a ref? "It cannot be known"? Are the refs accurate enough for the purposes of the game?

If you see a problem there (I don't) is there a solution?
04-02-2020 20:48
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
Calculating distance for a first down is inecstricably part of the game too.

Redirection fallacy. Score is not measured in yards. There is no calculation for a measurement for 1st down.
tmiddles wrote:
So what would you tell a ref? "It cannot be known"? Are the refs accurate enough for the purposes of the game?

The refs are accurate enough...by fiat.
tmiddles wrote:
If you see a problem there (I don't) is there a solution?

None. Football games still seem to be played.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Temp in Miami:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
upper atmosphere temp21207-10-2023 19:02
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
High temp2823-11-2019 18:35
record high temp in france7808-07-2019 06:18
The reason I don't believe the hypothesis doubling CO2 increases temp by 1 C is704-02-2019 21:02
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact