▼ Content

panama canal

Page 4 of 5<<<2345>
28-02-2024 22:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
James,
It was just a misprint. I meant ibd, not jbd.
28-02-2024 23:59
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
keepit wrote:
James,
It was just a misprint. I meant ibd, not jbd.

You had me worried there. I thought you crossed over to the dark side.
29-02-2024 00:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote: It's wasteful.

Explain. The water running out to the ocean will evaporate just the same as if it were remaining in Lake Gatún. Eventually, the same amount of water will fall, as rain, back into Lake Gatún.

What does it matter if it evaporates in the lake vs out at sea?

If they slow the flow rate out into the ocean then that would help to restore the wetlands where the Panamanian Golden Frog lives that all of us loves so much.

The Panamanian Golden Frog does not live in wetlands along the lake shore.
They live along forest streams.
James_ wrote:
And with the locks, it might be possible to reduce the flow by so much that they'd need gateways which would act as the original rivers.

The locks ARE the rivers.
James_ wrote:
What does it matter if it evaporates in the lake vs out at sea?

Which ever updraft (flow of water vapor) is warmer should determine wind direction from that vertex.

Water vapor is not an updraft. No single vertex.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-02-2024 00:01
(21628)
keepit wrote:
The problem is the timing of the out flow and the timing of the evaporation and the eventual rainfall. If the outflow happens before the rainfall, then there isn't enough water to refill the locks. It's elementary.

The locks are still running, keepit. IBDaMann, you should probably tighten his screws a bit more.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-02-2024 00:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
itn,
I made a point of showing that the ship traffic had slowed, not stopped. I have a close friend in the business and he gives me the straight scoop. You don't get your story straight.
29-02-2024 00:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
keepit wrote: itn, I made a point of showing that the ship traffic had slowed, not stopped.

You never showed that traffic had slowed. You erroneously declared that it had. Traffic has always remained at maximum since the inception of the canal.

keepit wrote: I have a close friend in the business and he gives me the straight scoop.

Apparently he does not, or you completely misinterpret what he tells you.
29-02-2024 00:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
You're full of beans ibd.
29-02-2024 10:02
(21628)
keepit wrote:
itn,
I made a point of showing that the ship traffic had slowed, not stopped. I have a close friend in the business and he gives me the straight scoop. You don't get your story straight.
Ship traffic hasn't slowed.

The Parrot Killer

29-02-2024 18:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
itn,
I hope this isn't semantics confusion. My bad if it is. By slowing i meant the frequency of ships passing through has decreased.
01-03-2024 00:27
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
keepit wrote:
itn,
I hope this isn't semantics confusion. My bad if it is. By slowing i meant the frequency of ships passing through has decreased.

keepit wrote:
semantics confusion

That's friggin' hilarious. I'd call it something else like Swan wanting to help him; https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6xZyOHa4PCo?feature=share
14-04-2024 07:44
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Double

Edited on 14-04-2024 07:44
14-04-2024 07:44
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
My fee for teaching is steep, I seriously doubt that you could afford the tuition

I thought you'd want to show us how much smarter than us you are is wasn't but maybe might be. Like why would the water over the pacific plate (Pacific Ocean) be higher than water over the North American, African and Eurasian tectonic plates (Atlantic Ocean).
This has to be an easy problem for you Sawed. Show us you can do it!!

You are trying to say that the level of the plate makes the Pacific higher. This is as a result of the psychosis that your PhD created because the Pacific is deeper than the Atlantic. You may now resume prescribing pills for yourself

It's hard to believe how stupid James is, and pretty much everybody else here for that matter, but James especially.

The Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean because it is saltier.

When salt dissolves in water there is a reduction in volume.

https://spark.iop.org/volume-change-dissolving-salt-water

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/16000870.2017.1330454

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1jry2d/at_the_panama_canal_why_is_the_sea_level_for_the/

17-04-2024 12:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
My fee for teaching is steep, I seriously doubt that you could afford the tuition

I thought you'd want to show us how much smarter than us you are is wasn't but maybe might be. Like why would the water over the pacific plate (Pacific Ocean) be higher than water over the North American, African and Eurasian tectonic plates (Atlantic Ocean).

You are trying to say that the level of the plate makes the Pacific higher. This is as a result of the psychosis that your PhD created because the Pacific is deeper than the Atlantic. You may now resume prescribing pills for yourself

It's hard to believe how stupid James is, and pretty much everybody else here for that matter, but James especially.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1jry2d/at_the_panama_canal_why_is_the_sea_level_for_the/

Salt content has nothing to do with the height differences between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

Because the ocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same level throughout the world. However, winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature prevent the sea surface from being truly level.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
17-04-2024 22:07
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Salt content has nothing to do with the height differences between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

Because the ocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same level throughout the world. However, winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature prevent the sea surface from being truly level.

Says the pathological liar who has nothing to do.

The salt content doesn't equalize between the 2, and that is the only reason that sufficiently explains the height difference.

All the reasons you list only explain why the waves in the Pacific are bigger, not why the entire sea level is higher there.
Edited on 17-04-2024 22:42
17-04-2024 22:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The salt content doesn't equalize between the 2, and that is the only reason that sufficiently explains the height difference.

All the reasons you list only explain why the waves in the Pacific are bigger, not why the entire sea level is higher there.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

17-04-2024 23:12
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
Swan wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The salt content doesn't equalize between the Pacific and Atlantic. That is the only reason that sufficiently explains the height difference.

Winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature might explain why the waves in the Pacific are bigger, but not why its entire height is greater.
18-04-2024 01:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The salt content doesn't equalize between the Pacific and Atlantic. That is the only reason that sufficiently explains the height difference.

Winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature might explain why the waves in the Pacific are bigger, but not why its entire height is greater.

Yawn, are you a graduate of the FBI academy? because you are exceptionally dumb.

Besides even though saltier water is more dense, it does not take up more volume. For you a chemistry degree may be required to comprehend that, for me it's just another mock of your lack of real intelligence

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 18-04-2024 01:57
18-04-2024 02:27
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
Swan wrote:

Yawn, are you a graduate of the FBI academy? because you are exceptionally dumb.

Besides even though saltier water is more dense, it does not take up more volume. For you a chemistry degree may be required to comprehend that, for me it's just another mock of your lack of real intelligence

Let me explain this for you real simple, genius.

Dissolve salt in a cup of water, and the volume will decrease.

Blow on the water, and the volume won't change.
18-04-2024 04:11
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:

There is no salt in water. There are sodium and chlorine ions. When the sodium and chlorine ions are removed from the water they will reform and become salt crystals again. You should go and read the thread where a propane refrigerator was discussed. I think about everybody was involved with that discussion and no problems. You need to get a clue.

p.s., When drinking salty sea water, why it can kill people is because they might be drinking chlorine. I think chlorine was used for mustard gas during WW I. Einstein hated one of his colleagues who said killing on mass using science can save lives. I think chlorine gas was his specialty. Anyone can search mustard gas and WW I if they want to.
Edited on 18-04-2024 04:13
18-04-2024 04:47
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:

There is no salt in water. There are sodium and chlorine ions. When the sodium and chlorine ions are removed from the water they will reform and become salt crystals again. You should go and read the thread where a propane refrigerator was discussed. I think about everybody was involved with that discussion and no problems. You need to get a clue.

p.s., When drinking salty sea water, why it can kill people is because they might be drinking chlorine. I think chlorine was used for mustard gas during WW I. Einstein hated one of his colleagues who said killing on mass using science can save lives. I think chlorine gas was his specialty. Anyone can search mustard gas and WW I if they want to.

I'm taking about why the Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean: because it is saltier.

You know all about ionic complexity, but you apparently can't grasp this simple explanation?
Edited on 18-04-2024 05:38
18-04-2024 05:32
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
Swan wrote:

For me it's just another mock of your lack of real intelligence

Apparently, in reality, nothing means everything.
18-04-2024 05:36
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
Swan wrote

Besides even though saltier water is more dense, it does not take up more volume.

I said it takes up less volume.

You seem to be confusing more with less, and nothing with everything.
Edited on 18-04-2024 05:37
RE: greetings new member18-04-2024 05:39
sealover
★★★★☆
(1258)
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:

I'm taking about why the Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean, because it is saltier.

You know all about ionic complexity, but you apparently can't grasp this simple explanation?

Greetings, new member!

You are quite correct about the difference in density, as a result in differential salinity, between water in the Atlantic versus the Pacific.

If you wish to discuss sea water chemistry, please join me.
18-04-2024 05:44
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
sealover wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:

I'm taking about why the Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean, because it is saltier.

Greetings, new member!

You are quite correct about the difference in density, as a result in differential salinity, between water in the Atlantic versus the Pacific.

If you wish to discuss sea water chemistry, please join me.

It's Spongy Iris. I forgot my password, and had inactivated my old email connected to the Spongy Iris account. Seemed easiest to make a new account.
18-04-2024 15:15
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
John Marsriver wrote:
[quote]James_ wrote:

I'm taking about why the Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean: because it is saltier.

It's true they measure the salinity of the water but they're not measuring NaCl.
When salt (table salt, road salt, it's all salt) dissolves it separates into its 2 components while they're still linked apparently. They reform as NaCl as the amount of water decreases (salt dries out).
I get into seawater desalination as well.This unique aspect of salt's behavior in water might allow for reverse osmosis membranes to be improved.

p.s., Not to be technical but how does the thermohaline circulation and the Earth's rotation influence sea level? The basic "flow" of the thermohaline circulation is away from the Sun because it travels from east to west when moving past Cape Horn or Papua New Guinea.
Then you have to consider gravity. g = Gm/r^2 will serve as a correct answer. I doubt people will like saying g = Gm/π(a^2 + h^2). This would be like the difference between playing basic Strato-o-matic baseball and the advanced version. My siblings did not like playing the advanced version.

https://www.strat-o-matic.com/baseball-board-games/

Care to talk ball anyone? Did Shoeless Joe Jackson actually take the money?
Yogi Berra (Yankee catcher) was at Normandy Beach on D-Day. Ted Williams flew countless war time missions and was the last baseball player to bat over .400.
They say he was actually batting .3999 on the last day of the season and did not sit out. .3999 is a .400 batting average because it's rounded UP.
They also say that the catcher on the opposing team also told Ted to just relax and hit the ball. He ended up hitting .406. No asterisk necessary (technically .3999 is .400 but it's not OVER .400 which it seems is what Ted and other players wanted).

And if a player literally bats .400 (220/550 hits at bats) he will have hit .400 but not over .400. For some players they will want to say over. That'd be like climbing Mount Everest and not taking a walk on the other side of the summit. For a little laugh, then when they try to look back to where they came from, Mount Everest will be blocking their view.
Edited on 18-04-2024 15:37
18-04-2024 16:32
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
With salt in water, this is what they say;

Detailed Description

This diagram shows the positive and negative parts of a water molecule. It also depicts how a charge, such as on an ion (Na or Cl, for example) can interact with a water molecule.

https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/water-molecules-and-their-interaction-salt

And once Na and Cl ions are in water, how do they stay electrically connected to each other? Calculus can explain this by considering fields and unions and how molecules and elements have their charges changed because apparently having Na and Cl ions in pure water polarizes water molecules. That'd be the only way water can let electricity flow through it. Basically dissolved salt changes the properties of the field (body of water).

And then this gets into rising food prices and fresh water shortages, why it's a need to know item.
Attached image:

Edited on 18-04-2024 16:33
18-04-2024 16:59
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
Gravity is not the reason why the Pacific Ocean is higher than the Atlantic.
RE: Panama and historic climate change18-04-2024 19:41
sealover
★★★★☆
(1258)
John Marsriver wrote:

Actually, gravity has everything to do with it.

Density (specific gravity) is about how much mass is packed into a particular volume. Gravity acts upon mass. Saltier water is more dense, and gets more gravity per volume acting upon it.

And Panama, but not the canal, has everything to do with historic climate change and a shift to a cycle of glaciation.

More than five million years ago, Panama was not connected to South America.

There was a gap between the continents that allowed the free flow of water between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. A global current flowed constantly in one direction between the two.

This allowed for much more even distribution of salt in the world ocean, with little difference between Pacific and Atlantic.

This also allowed for much more even distribution of heat in ocean surface water.

Tropical waters were cooler than today, and Arctic waters were warmer than today. Little to no sea ice, and more of a temperate climate near the poles.

Five million years ago, there was not a repeating cycle of glaciation.

But when plate tectonics moved Panama up against South America, it blocked the global current.

Tropical waters became warmer, and Arctic waters became cool enough to freeze. And a cycle of glacial advance and retreat began.
18-04-2024 21:00
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
John Marsriver wrote:

It actually proves g = Gm/r^2. The acceleration of gravity on the seafloor of the Pacific Ocean is 9.829m/s while on the seafloor
of the Atlantic Ocean it is 9,827m/s.

You don't get it, do you? Gravity does something. I'm not sure, can you help me out with this? The Pacific Ocean is higher because gravity is an attractive force?
With water, it's not as dense as dirt is so it won't slow gravity as much (decrease its force as quickly once removed from the source (iron core/outer core) allowing for the exponential decrease of the gravitational effect).
It's possible the outer core is where the Earth's gravity's moment of inertia is found and the dense inner core is from gravitational lensing. It'd be the inverse function because it's being pulled in all directions instead of being compressed. Think Joules-Thomson throttling process. Gasses can be cooled into liquids and maybe even solids.

p.s., While there are gravitational wells, this would be an example of gravitational eddys. It's possible the outer core is in a super critical state. That is basically what they consider Venus' atmosphere to be. It's a gas that acts like a liquid.
Attached image:

Edited on 18-04-2024 22:00
18-04-2024 22:02
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
The outer core might be a liquid that acts like a solid, why I considered Venus' atmosphere.

Total Core Volume
1.76229×10^11

Inner Core volume
8.74342×10^9

Outer Core volume
1.6748x10^11

To give everyone an idea, to the ^11 is 100 times more than to the ^9. It's like
the difference between 1 and 100. The volume of a layer can be much greater away from the center despite just being a thin layer. And with the outer core, it's average velocity will be much greater which will give it more KE.
I did some quick math and the outer core has over 19 times the volume of the inner core. If anyone would've considered the inverse function to surface gravity (9.806m/s) which math allows for (the inverse function is always true) then they would've realized this "oversight" by Newton. Is it okay if I "proof" his work for him since no one else has bothered to do it for him?
Edited on 18-04-2024 22:25
18-04-2024 22:48
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
sealover wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:

Actually, gravity has everything to do with it.

Density (specific gravity) is about how much mass is packed into a particular volume. Gravity acts upon mass. Saltier water is more dense, and gets more gravity per volume acting upon it.

And Panama, but not the canal, has everything to do with historic climate change and a shift to a cycle of glaciation.

More than five million years ago, Panama was not connected to South America.

There was a gap between the continents that allowed the free flow of water between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. A global current flowed constantly in one direction between the two.

This allowed for much more even distribution of salt in the world ocean, with little difference between Pacific and Atlantic.

This also allowed for much more even distribution of heat in ocean surface water.

Tropical waters were cooler than today, and Arctic waters were warmer than today. Little to no sea ice, and more of a temperate climate near the poles.

Five million years ago, there was not a repeating cycle of glaciation.

But when plate tectonics moved Panama up against South America, it blocked the global current.

Tropical waters became warmer, and Arctic waters became cool enough to freeze. And a cycle of glacial advance and retreat began.

While gravity may have everything to do with it, it is not the reason for the difference in height.

Likewise, gravity has everything to do with my weight on a scale. But I cannot say gravity is the reason I have gained weight.
18-04-2024 22:50
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:

It actually proves g = Gm/r^2. The acceleration of gravity on the seafloor of the Pacific Ocean is 9.829m/s while on the seafloor
of the Atlantic Ocean it is 9,827m/s.

You don't get it, do you? Gravity does something. I'm not sure, can you help me out with this? The Pacific Ocean is higher because gravity is an attractive force?
With water, it's not as dense as dirt is so it won't slow gravity as much (decrease its force as quickly once removed from the source (iron core/outer core) allowing for the exponential decrease of the gravitational effect).
It's possible the outer core is where the Earth's gravity's moment of inertia is found and the dense inner core is from gravitational lensing. It'd be the inverse function because it's being pulled in all directions instead of being compressed. Think Joules-Thomson throttling process. Gasses can be cooled into liquids and maybe even solids.

p.s., While there are gravitational wells, this would be an example of gravitational eddys. It's possible the outer core is in a super critical state. That is basically what they consider Venus' atmosphere to be. It's a gas that acts like a liquid.

Your basic assumption is wrong, which is why I shall not waste my time analyzing your math!
18-04-2024 23:28
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote

Besides even though saltier water is more dense, it does not take up more volume.

You seem confused enough to have a PhD in stoopud. All to end up here embarrassing yourself

ULTRA MAGA

18-04-2024 23:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote

When you add salt to water and the salt dissolves, the water molecules surround and separate the salt ions, creating a solution. The dissolved salt molecules become interspersed among the water molecules, but they do not add enough volume to substantially alter the total volume of the solution in either direction.

ULTRA MAGA

19-04-2024 02:36
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Swan wrote:

When you add salt to water and the salt dissolves, the water molecules surround and separate the salt ions, creating a solution. The dissolved salt molecules become interspersed among the water molecules, but they do not add enough volume to substantially alter the total volume of the solution in either direction.

\ You ignorant "ignoramus". Didn't you read the science magazine article about a science teacher who was pranked by his students? This was epic because his students were that dedicated to making fun of his love for M & M's.
I think he might've been a math teacher because of the content of the prank.
What they did was that they filled a barrel with plain chocolate M & M's. Then he realized that the difference in volume between a sphere and an ellipse shows how matter can be considered when what occupies how much space. An example is during the day gasses can expand while at night they "contract". I think this is what helps to make the Earth the most interesting planet in the solar system.

When salt dissolves, the 2 ions occupy less space than the molecule (NaCl) occupies. The difference between plain and peanut M & M's. That's so focked up it might work.
19-04-2024 02:42
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
Swan wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote

An 8 inch difference between the heights of the Pacific and Atlantic is not very substantial.

"When sodium chloride dissolves in water to make a saturated solution there is a 2.5 per cent reduction in volume. One would never notice that in a beaker. Even in an ordinary flask it would be barely perceptible. However, if a volumetric flask is available from the chemistry laboratory, the volume change will be noticeable in the narrow neck. It is essential to remove all air bubbles from the salt that is to be dissolved. Therefore, it must be thoroughly wetted at the start of the demonstration.

The solubility of salt does not change much with temperature, so there is little profit in using hot water.

The salt should be in small crystals and not in rocks or very fine powder.

Procedure

Place 300 to 400 g of salt in the flask.
Pour in enough water to cover the dry salt, and swirl the water around in the flask to wet the salt and let air bubbles float up to the top. (This will not be enough water to dissolve more than a little of the salt; students will still see a lot of salt crystals.)
As soon as the air bubbles seem to have gone, fill the flask to the mark with water.
Label the water level clearly, with an OHP pen or some other marker. Point out that most of the salt is still there, as a solid unable to dissolve.
Shake the flask to hurry the dissolving until as much salt as will dissolve has done so.
Point out the consequent small contraction. Ask students why they think this has happened."
Edited on 19-04-2024 02:45
19-04-2024 04:32
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
So you're saying because the Pacific Ocean is saltier and has a higher sea level that this proves that adding salt to water makes it denser?
19-04-2024 06:18
John Marsriver
☆☆☆☆☆
(45)
James_ wrote:
So you're saying because the Pacific Ocean is saltier and has a higher sea level that this proves that adding salt to water makes it denser?

Are you really not paying attention? The Atlantic Ocean is saltier.

The Pacific Ocean is 8 inches higher.

Yes I think it's correct salt makes the water denser, constricts it a bit, reducing volume slightly.
19-04-2024 20:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

\ You ignorant "ignoramus". Didn't you read the science magazine article about a science teacher who was pranked by his students? This was epic because his students were that dedicated to making fun of his love for M & M's.
I think he might've been a math teacher because of the content of the prank.
What they did was that they filled a barrel with plain chocolate M & M's. Then he realized that the difference in volume between a sphere and an ellipse shows how matter can be considered when what occupies how much space. An example is during the day gasses can expand while at night they "contract". I think this is what helps to make the Earth the most interesting planet in the solar system.

When salt dissolves, the 2 ions occupy less space than the molecule (NaCl) occupies. The difference between plain and peanut M & M's. That's so focked up it might work.

LOL, it does not matter of the ions take up less space than the salt because the ions add to the water density so you have to measure the new combined water volume not the salt volume. You actually think you are bright, but so did corky

ULTRA MAGA

19-04-2024 20:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:

Are you really not paying attention? The Atlantic Ocean is saltier.

The Pacific Ocean is 8 inches higher.

Yes I think it's correct salt makes the water denser, constricts it a bit, reducing volume slightly.

Can wind alone raise water volume?

Yes

You are dismissed

ULTRA MAGA

Page 4 of 5<<<2345>

Join the debate panama canal:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
suez canal405-04-2021 19:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact