Remember me
▼ Content

panama canal

Page 1 of 5123>>>
panama canal04-02-2024 19:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
A severe drought is limiting water availability to the canal. Every passage of a ship results in a large loss of water. This water is normally replaced by the gatun lake but the lake is drying up. Because of that , the number of ship passages must be limited and some ships now have to go around cape horn instead resulting in the production of a greater amount of co2. Obviously a snowballing effect. And on and on...
04-02-2024 20:13
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
keepit wrote:
A severe drought is limiting water availability to the canal. Every passage of a ship results in a large loss of water. This water is normally replaced by the gatun lake but the lake is drying up. Because of that , the number of ship passages must be limited and some ships now have to go around cape horn instead resulting in the production of a greater amount of co2. Obviously a snowballing effect. And on and on...

This is where Western leadership did not consider sustainability and quality of life. If climate change has pushed the trade winds south (decreased rainfall in Brazil resulting in economic loss) then a long term solution is needed.
This is where greed might make things difficult.
04-02-2024 23:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:

LOL why wouldn't letting in water from the higher Pacific fix this in one day?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
04-02-2024 23:27
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Swan,
That was my thought as well, until i watched the article on you tube. There is some engineering reason they take it from the lake but i don't know what it is.
04-02-2024 23:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
keepit wrote: This water is normally replaced by the gatun lake but the lake is drying up.

You're full of baloney, keepit. Gatún lake is always "drying up" ... it's called "evaporation" and "canal runoff" and "hydroelectric generation" and many other things. Rainfall is not constant, and sometimes Gatún's water level gets low. This is not anywhere close to the worst case in the canal's history. However, you are exceedingly gullible, keepit, and easily manipulated. Panamá is in the middle of their dry season, i.e. it happens every year at this time. It will end in about another four to five weeks and the heavy rains will have Gatún back to normal. Next year, I bet you'll panic all the same that Gatún's water level is "running low" at the end of their dry season. keepit, when the water level returns to normal, what will that say about atmospheric CO2 and your Climate Change panic?

Too funny.

keepit wrote: Because of that , the number of ship passages must be limited

You're full of baloney, keepit. Panamá doesn't really turn away any ships because the canal is a primary source of income for the country. When Gatún lake begins to run low, Panamá places restrictions on the other outflows from Gatún so as to keep the shipping through the canal going without interruption. Those other sources that are restricted are hydroelectric production, many municipal water supplies, other industrial uses and even some tourism.

keepit wrote: ... and some ships now have to go around cape horn instead resulting in the production of a greater amount of co2.

Nope. Panamá doesn't turn away ships. In fact, under the Carter-Torrijos treaty, Panamá is required to keep the canal open to all traffic lest the US consider the treaty void and reclaim the canal zone.

Perhaps there is something we can do to replace the lost CO2 and not leave global plantlife short-changed.

keepit wrote: Obviously a snowballing effect. And on and on...

Too many false claims from you, keepit. No ship's course affects the water level of Gatún lake. Boy are you stupid. I'll let you know when Lake Gatún is back to full, just like you are full of baloney.

You're full of baloney.

05-02-2024 00:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
That was my thought as well, until i watched the article on you tube. There is some engineering reason they take it from the lake but i don't know what it is.

The lake is a manmade freshwater lake, so adding salt water would change its ecosystem, however there is no engineering reason that seawater could not be added

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

05-02-2024 04:03
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Swan,

The lake is a manmade freshwater lake, so adding salt water would change its ecosystem, however there is no engineering reason that seawater could not be added

You should learn how the locks work and what the topography has to do with the Panama Canal. Water flows downhill. Before the Chagres River was blocked, it wasn't a lake. It was a fresh water river and now you're talking about changing an ecosystem.
Edited on 05-02-2024 04:06
05-02-2024 08:42
(14450)
keepit wrote: Swan, That was my thought as well, until i watched the article on you tube. There is some engineering reason they take it from the lake but i don't know what it is.

Both Swan and yourself are morons. The Pacific ocean and the caribbean sea are both at sea level. Neither is somehow higher than the other.

Gatún Lake, on the other hand, is about at 80 feet above sea level. Whenever a ship enters the canal, for it to get to Gatún, they have to open the locks which lets a bunch of water flow out from Gatún and into the locks. Same thing on the other side of the lake as the ship readies to exit the canal.
05-02-2024 12:28
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Also, the "drought" in Panama might be related to the "drought" in Brazil. Both countries include the Amazon rainforest. And it's early and I'm getting ready to register for surgery so will keep this short.
Those "droughts" might be the result of man made climate change. Specifically the heat released by the Amazon being burned is pushing the wind further south.
They say Brazil has a lot of water problems because of what burning a forest does. The crops that were harvested twice a year can't be and yet the lack of rain also hurts industry. Places in Brazil have their electric rates determined by how much water is in the reservoir.
One issue with Brazil's policy causing trade winds to shift, is that permanent and the land adapts or?

It's the Panamanian golden frog and it's critically endangered. https://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/panamanian-golden-frog#:~:text=The%20International%20Union%20for%20Conservation,disappeared%20throughout%20their%20northern%20range.
p.s., With Panama, there's a small, highly poisonous frog they've been watching. They say that small amphibians are an early warning sign for wetlands like those that feed Lake Galut. The fresh water that supports the locks comes from the rainforest.
Edited on 05-02-2024 13:08
05-02-2024 18:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
ibd,
You're right about the seas being at sea level. I think the thing is that when they extract water from gatun, that water goes out to sea and then for the next ship they have to extract more water. And on and on. It's kind of like when energy comes in at a certain pace but leaves at a slower pace, the temp goes up. In this case it is in reverse and gatun runs low on water and then they have limit the numbed of ships per day.
Edited on 05-02-2024 18:42
05-02-2024 20:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Swan, That was my thought as well, until i watched the article on you tube. There is some engineering reason they take it from the lake but i don't know what it is.

Both Swan and yourself are morons. The Pacific ocean and the caribbean sea are both at sea level. Neither is somehow higher than the other.

Gatún Lake, on the other hand, is about at 80 feet above sea level. Whenever a ship enters the canal, for it to get to Gatún, they have to open the locks which lets a bunch of water flow out from Gatún and into the locks. Same thing on the other side of the lake as the ship readies to exit the canal.

Moron time again as the Pacific sea level is higher than the Atlantic sea level, which is the entire reason for the locks in the first place.

LOL did your mother ever apologize for dropping you?

ULTRA MAGA

05-02-2024 22:15
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You're right about the seas being at sea level. I think the thing is that when they extract water from gatun, that water goes out to sea and then for the next ship they have to extract more water. And on and on. It's kind of like when energy comes in at a certain pace but leaves at a slower pace, the temp goes up. In this case it is in reverse and gatun runs low on water and then they have limit the numbed of ships per day.

With the locks, they basically use gravity feed. This gets into what the rainforest is doing. The runoff from the rainforest is what feeds the Chagres River.
Then we can consider how healthy the Amazon rainforest is. That is the source for the Chagres River. How much water does that river need in order to support the canal?

It's wierd trying to remember what goes where (can't log on with my tablet). Then to make matters worse I'll probably need to go back to sleep.
At least now we know that to consider the canal we need to start with the rainforest. That might give us an idea if the canal can be supported in other ways. I think dinner is coming so I can have some more water.

Am logged in on my tablet. The Panamanian golden from if it comes first would limit the amount of water for the locks. This means that water needs to be pumped to the top lock.
And that water needs to be desalinated just like the water for Sustainable Farming. That is if it's going to empty into the lake. If the traffic is going to lower down to sea level then fresh water . This has conserving the wetlands the Panamanian golden frog lives in.
I think this is where with the war in the Middle East, drought at the equator and in the western U.S. This suggests that improving desalinization and moving water to where it's needed are high priority issues.
Edited on 05-02-2024 22:50
06-02-2024 18:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
keepit wrote:
ibd,

With the locks, they basically use gravity feed. This gets into what the rainforest is doing. The runoff from the rainforest is what feeds the Chagres River.
Then we can consider how healthy the Amazon rainforest is. That is the source for the Chagres River. How much water does that river need in order to support the canal?

It's wierd trying to remember what goes where (can't log on with my tablet). Then to make matters worse I'll probably need to go back to sleep.
At least now we know that to consider the canal we need to start with the rainforest. That might give us an idea if the canal can be supported in other ways. I think dinner is coming so I can have some more water.

Am logged in on my tablet. The Panamanian golden from if it comes first would limit the amount of water for the locks. This means that water needs to be pumped to the top lock.
And that water needs to be desalinated just like the water for Sustainable Farming. That is if it's going to empty into the lake. If the traffic is going to lower down to sea level then fresh water . This has conserving the wetlands the Panamanian golden frog lives in.
I think this is where with the war in the Middle East, drought at the equator and in the western U.S. This suggests that improving desalinization and moving water to where it's needed are high priority issues.

Did Alan teach you that?

ULTRA MAGA

06-02-2024 21:34
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
keepit wrote:
ibd,

Did Alan teach you that?

The only thing that matters is that you Alan Bauldree are a teacher. And the world will know that you are an example of what it means to be an American.
And as you and Americans like you want people to know, America and it's Americans will be served. And if not then words and deeds if not pleased by what they hear then things will be made worse for them.
07-02-2024 06:39
(14450)
Swan wrote: Moron time again ...

Thanks for the warning.

Swan wrote: ... as the Pacific sea level is higher than the Atlantic sea level, which is the entire reason for the locks in the first place.

That was the stupidest thing I've read this month. No, wait, I read some truly brain-dead crap on JPP. OK, you're off the hook for the moment.

The answer is no, the Pacific, the Atlantic and the Caribbean are all at the same level. It's how liquids work. Did your mother apologize for dropping you on your head?

Note: you should have asked an amphibious animal before posting something that would get you mocked by amphibious animals.
07-02-2024 06:46
(14450)
keepit, this post keeps your error streak alive.

keepit wrote: I think the thing is that when they extract water from gatun, that water goes out to sea and then for the next ship they have to extract more water. And on and on. ... In this case it is in reverse and gatun runs low on water and then they have limit the numbed of ships per day.

You should have paid attention when I told you that Panamá doesn't turn away any ships. As a result, you posted a moronic comment. Panamá's income is important to the country, so they keep ships flowing through and make Panameños endure restrictions on their water supply. Panamá won't stop allowing ships through until Gatún runs dry.

Also, Panamá is required, by the Carter-Torrijos treaty, to allow all ships through.

keepit wrote: It's kind of like when energy comes in at a certain pace but leaves at a slower pace, the temp goes up.

Do you have any examples in mind?
07-02-2024 19:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
oy vey

ibd,
you can do better than that..... can't you?
Edited on 07-02-2024 19:53
07-02-2024 22:02
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit, this post keeps your error streak alive.

keepit wrote: I think the thing is that when they extract water from gatun, that water goes out to sea and then for the next ship they have to extract more water. And on and on. ... In this case it is in reverse and gatun runs low on water and then they have limit the numbed of ships per day.

You should have paid attention when I told you that Panamá doesn't turn away any ships. As a result, you posted a moronic comment. Panamá's income is important to the country, so they keep ships flowing through and make Panameños endure restrictions on their water supply. Panamá won't stop allowing ships through until Gatún runs dry.

Also, Panamá is required, by the Carter-Torrijos treaty, to allow all ships through.

keepit wrote: It's kind of like when energy comes in at a certain pace but leaves at a slower pace, the temp goes up.

Do you have any examples in mind?

Yay! Panama is trying to save the Panamanian Golden Frog. The real issue is the "drought" Brazil and Panama are facing. This is purely theoretical yet is possible that as the Amazon rainforest is burned, CO2 is emitted when before The Burning CO2 was absorbed.
Why does this matter? CO2 for the most part is evenly distributed in the atmosphere. When the Amazon rainforest is absorbing CO2 then that creates a flow of both CO2 and water vapor (H2O). And this process is what allowed for Lake Gatun and farmers/industry.
And if the situation is properly understood then it might allow for a solution in which less of the rainforest is burned. Sustainable harvesting might do more to get people to work together.
08-02-2024 04:15
(14450)
James_ wrote: This is purely theoretical yet is possible that as the Amazon rainforest is burned, CO2 is emitted when before The Burning CO2 was absorbed.
Why does this matter? CO2 for the most part is evenly distributed in the atmosphere. When the Amazon rainforest is absorbing CO2 then that creates a flow of both CO2 and water vapor (H2O). And this process is what allowed for Lake Gatun and farmers/industry.

This is not theoretical. This is imaginary.

James_ wrote: And if the situation is properly understood then it might allow for a solution in which less of the rainforest is burned.

Are you aware that rain forest is like your hair, i.e. you cut it and it keeps growing back. Anyway, no one needs to be allowed to burn less rain forest, and permission does not come from understanding a situation. It's not like there's a certification exam in there anywhere.

James_ wrote: Sustainable harvesting might do more to get people to work together.

No harvesting is sustainable. Once you've harvested the crops, you're done until the next season.
08-02-2024 17:12
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:

James_ wrote: Sustainable harvesting might do more to get people to work together.

No harvesting is sustainable. Once you've harvested the crops, you're done until the next season.

One side affect of climate policy is what's happening in Panama. If you save the Panamanian Golden Frog then you are promoting economic prosperity. Of course if I irrigate Montana (Sustainable Farming) that will be similar. The key difference
will be the people. What helped to point me in this direction.
With Sustainable Farming, that would be to support a minimal harvest. It'd help to offset the effects of drought while being ready to adapt to feed a growing population.
With the Amazon rainforest, they create a growth cycle. How many years will it take for the rainforest to return to its pre-harvest form? That would allow for harvesting so many acres each year. This then helps to protect the rest of the rainforest. And that could encourage the rains there to increase.
Then that would help the farmers/industry in Brazil while helping to improve the conditions in the wetlands that fed the Chargres River and now feeds Lake Galut and the Panama Canal.
And IBDaMann, I actually like this. If Sustainable Farming can help farmers in Montana, then how can sustainability benefit the area from Panama to Brazil?
Edited on 08-02-2024 17:35
08-02-2024 20:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:

Thanks for the warning.

Swan wrote: ... as the Pacific sea level is higher than the Atlantic sea level, which is the entire reason for the locks in the first place.

That was the stupidest thing I've read this month. No, wait, I read some truly brain-dead crap on JPP. OK, you're off the hook for the moment.

The answer is no, the Pacific, the Atlantic and the Caribbean are all at the same level. It's how liquids work. Did your mother apologize for dropping you on your head?

Note: you should have asked an amphibious animal before posting something that would get you mocked by amphibious animals.

Again the Pacific ocean is higher than the Atlantic, not that your brain can accept this

Why are the oceans different elevations?
Sea level is the base level for measuring elevation and depth on Earth. Because the ocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same level throughout the world. However, winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature prevent the sea surface from being truly level.

The surface of the Pacific Ocean stands about 40 cm higher than the Atlantic Ocean with respect to the 1000-decibar surface, and the North Atlantic and North Pacific stand respectively about 14 and 17 cm higher than the South Atlantic and Pacific.

ULTRA MAGA

08-02-2024 21:11
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
And yet the Pacific Ocean might be higher than the Atlantic Ocean because of how the Pacific tectonic plate is a straight drop down. With gravity it is based on r^2 and as the Moon creates high and low tides, can a change in the depth of the sea floor allow for a similar effect?
08-02-2024 21:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
And yet the Pacific Ocean might be higher than the Atlantic Ocean because of how the Pacific tectonic plate is a straight drop down. With gravity it is based on r^2 and as the Moon creates high and low tides, can a change in the depth of the sea floor allow for a similar effect?

LOL the Pacific plate is higher than the Atlantic which is what creates the California cliffs, but you knew that and are just testing me to fly your UFO, or is it UAP now?

ULTRA MAGA

09-02-2024 03:27
(14450)
keepit wrote: oy vey ibd, you can do better than that..... can't you?

You're a moron, keepit. Answer the question.
09-02-2024 03:29
(14450)
Swan wrote:Again the Pacific ocean is higher than the Atlantic, not that your brain can accept this

Again, it is not ... not that your brain can accept this. It isn't physically possible, not that your brain can accept this.

Swan wrote: Why are the oceans [17 cm] different elevations?

Nobody has made such a measurement to any degree of accuracy to make your babbling valid.

If you are going to say that at times there are waves on the Pacific side that are 17cm higher than points on the Caribbean side, then fine, but you need to clarify that.
09-02-2024 18:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Again the Pacific ocean is higher than the Atlantic, not that your brain can accept this

Again, it is not ... not that your brain can accept this. It isn't physically possible, not that your brain can accept this.

Nobody has made such a measurement to any degree of accuracy to make your babbling valid.

If you are going to say that at times there are waves on the Pacific side that are 17cm higher than points on the Caribbean side, then fine, but you need to clarify that.

How much higher is the Pacific than the Atlantic at the Panama Canal?

about 20 cm higher
Sea level is about 20 cm higher on the Pacific side than the Atlantic due to the water being less dense on average on the Pacific side and due to the prevailing weather and ocean conditions. Such sea level differences are common across many short sections of land dividing ocean basins.

The fact that your brain cant handle reality is not my problem, but your mother clearly should have fixed this by abortion

ULTRA MAGA

09-02-2024 18:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
One of the cases of uneven sea levels is at the mouth of he amazon. At this point there is at times faster rate of inflow into the atlantic ocean than the rate of leveling. This is another case of differing rates of inflow vs outflow causing a build up of water, thermal energy or what ever
RE: Was I Right?09-02-2024 22:09
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
With the question Sawn asked, was I right?
I said because the Pacific tectonic plate seems to have "dropped/fallen"
into the Earth. The source of gravity (the Earth) is further away. Then we get to ask what about g = Gm/r^2.
And now we know Sawn is too smart to discuss basic math.

[url]https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1961DSR.....7..265R/abstract&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj0up7jhZ-EAxXvkiYFHajxC5IQFnoECAwQBg&usg=AOvVaw1U0lzke89jeDJwrE0-RwzL
[/url]

Maybe Sawn would care to explain? I wouldn't want to take over his discussion.
09-02-2024 23:36
(14450)
James_ wrote: With the question Sawn asked, was I right?

The validity of your assertion depends upon whether the dropping of a tectonic plate equates to an increase in sea level at that point.

James_ wrote: I said because the Pacific tectonic plate seems to have "dropped/fallen" into the Earth.

Tectonic plates have very few options of into what they fall.

James_ wrote: The source of gravity (the Earth) is further away.
I'm going to have to think about this idea of sea level being a measure of distance below sea level.

James_ wrote: Then we get to ask what about g = Gm/r^2.

What if we forget to ask?

James_ wrote: And now we know Sawn is too smart to discuss basic math.

He just needs someone to nudge his brain and get it started. Ask him if amphibious animals are amphibians.
10-02-2024 00:25
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote: With the question Sawn asked, was I right?

The validity of your assertion depends upon whether the dropping of a tectonic plate equates to an increase in sea level at that point.

James_ wrote: I said because the Pacific tectonic plate seems to have "dropped/fallen" into the Earth.

Tectonic plates have very few options of into what they fall.

James_ wrote: The source of gravity (the Earth) is further away.
I'm going to have to think about this idea of sea level being a measure of distance below sea level.

James_ wrote: Then we get to ask what about g = Gm/r^2.

What if we forget to ask?

James_ wrote: And now we know Sawn is too smart to discuss basic math.

He just needs someone to nudge his brain and get it started. Ask him if amphibious animals are amphibians.

You need to appeal to his intellectual side. He's like the Butterfly Effect and he wants to teach us that when a frog lives in Panama that it stops a forest fire in Brazil. Your question about amphibians might confuse him.

There's always been one odd aspect to water and gravity. I think water pressure increases by 1 Atmos every 33 feet/10.058 meters. What divers use. When a piece of metal sinks to the sea floor, which is greater, the density of what sank or the water pressure around it?
10-02-2024 18:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

LOL why wouldn't letting in water from the higher Pacific fix this in one day?

The water isn't higher in the Pacific.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-02-2024 18:34
(21628)
keepit wrote:
Swan,

Gravity.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-02-2024 18:39
(21628)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Moron time again as the Pacific sea level is higher than the Atlantic sea level, which is the entire reason for the locks in the first place.

LOL did your mother ever apologize for dropping you?

The Pacific is not higher than the Atlantic. That is not the reason for the locks.

The Parrot Killer

10-02-2024 18:46
(21628)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

One side affect of climate policy is what's happening in Panama. If you save the Panamanian Golden Frog then you are promoting economic prosperity. Of course if I irrigate Montana (Sustainable Farming) that will be similar. The key difference
will be the people. What helped to point me in this direction.
With Sustainable Farming, that would be to support a minimal harvest. It'd help to offset the effects of drought while being ready to adapt to feed a growing population.
With the Amazon rainforest, they create a growth cycle. How many years will it take for the rainforest to return to its pre-harvest form? That would allow for harvesting so many acres each year. This then helps to protect the rest of the rainforest. And that could encourage the rains there to increase.
Then that would help the farmers/industry in Brazil while helping to improve the conditions in the wetlands that fed the Chargres River and now feeds Lake Galut and the Panama Canal.
And IBDaMann, I actually like this. If Sustainable Farming can help farmers in Montana, then how can sustainability benefit the area from Panama to Brazil?

No one is buying the frogs. They are not a significant source of economy to Panama. The Canal is.

The Amazon rainforest is not a 'growth cycle'. It rains there (a lot). As long as it rains, the rivers flow. The rains occur there because of the mountains to the west (predominant winds are from the east there). The Amazon rainforest is not being harvested.

What is 'sustainable farming'? Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

10-02-2024 18:52
(21628)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Thanks for the warning.

Again the Pacific ocean is higher than the Atlantic, not that your brain can accept this

The Pacific ocean is not higher than the Atlantic.
Swan wrote:
Why are the oceans different elevations?

They aren't.
Swan wrote:
Sea level is the base level for measuring elevation and depth on Earth.

It is not possible to measure the global sea level. Base rate fallacy.
Swan wrote:
Because the ocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same level throughout the world. However, winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature prevent the sea surface from being truly level.

Current does not change sea level. River discharges do not change sea level.
Swan wrote:
The surface of the Pacific Ocean stands about 40 cm higher than the Atlantic Ocean with respect to the 1000-decibar surface, and the North Atlantic and North Pacific stand respectively about 14 and 17 cm higher than the South Atlantic and Pacific.

No. The Pacific ocean is the same sea level as the Atlantic. You are denying hydrodynamics.

The Parrot Killer

10-02-2024 18:53
(21628)
James_ wrote:

The Pacific ocean is not higher then the Atlantic ocean.
The sea floor does not change the sea level.

The Parrot Killer

10-02-2024 18:55
(21628)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:

LOL the Pacific plate is higher than the Atlantic which is what creates the California cliffs, but you knew that and are just testing me to fly your UFO, or is it UAP now?

The Pacific plate is not what creates cliffs in the SDTC.

The Parrot Killer

10-02-2024 18:57
(21628)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

How much higher is the Pacific than the Atlantic at the Panama Canal?

about 20 cm higher
Sea level is about 20 cm higher on the Pacific side than the Atlantic due to the water being less dense on average on the Pacific side and due to the prevailing weather and ocean conditions. Such sea level differences are common across many short sections of land dividing ocean basins.

Making up numbers and using them as 'data' is a fallacy. Argument from randU fallacy.
You are denying hydrodynamics again.
Swan wrote:
The fact that your brain cant handle reality is not my problem, but your mother clearly should have fixed this by abortion

Your problem. You cannot project YOUR problem on anybody else.

The Parrot Killer

10-02-2024 18:57
(21628)
keepit wrote:
One of the cases of uneven sea levels is at the mouth of he amazon. At this point there is at times faster rate of inflow into the atlantic ocean than the rate of leveling. This is another case of differing rates of inflow vs outflow causing a build up of water, thermal energy or what ever

River discharge does not change sea level.

The Parrot Killer

10-02-2024 21:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
James_ wrote:
With the question Sawn asked, was I right?
I said because the Pacific tectonic plate seems to have "dropped/fallen"
into the Earth. The source of gravity (the Earth) is further away. Then we get to ask what about g = Gm/r^2.
And now we know Sawn is too smart to discuss basic math.

[url]https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1961DSR.....7..265R/abstract&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj0up7jhZ-EAxXvkiYFHajxC5IQFnoECAwQBg&usg=AOvVaw1U0lzke89jeDJwrE0-RwzL
[/url]

Maybe Sawn would care to explain? I wouldn't want to take over his discussion.

Sea level has zero to do with tectonics, so you are an ass

ULTRA MAGA

Page 1 of 5123>>>

Join the debate panama canal:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
suez canal405-04-2021 19:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact