Remember me
▼ Content

panama canal



Page 5 of 5<<<345
19-04-2024 20:32
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(59)
Swan wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
So you're saying because the Pacific Ocean is saltier and has a higher sea level that this proves that adding salt to water makes it denser?


Are you really not paying attention? The Atlantic Ocean is saltier.

The Pacific Ocean is 8 inches higher.

Yes I think it's correct salt makes the water denser, constricts it a bit, reducing volume slightly.


Can wind alone raise water volume?

Yes

You are dismissed


It lowers it in one area, and raises it in another, but makes no net difference.

Zero sum game.

Always a safe bet that Swan is lying.
Edited on 19-04-2024 20:37
20-04-2024 00:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21955)
keepit wrote:
itn,
I hope this isn't semantics confusion. My bad if it is. By slowing i meant the frequency of ships passing through has decreased.

Semantics fallacy.

The frequency of ships hasn't decreased.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-04-2024 01:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21955)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
My fee for teaching is steep, I seriously doubt that you could afford the tuition



I thought you'd want to show us how much smarter than us you are is wasn't but maybe might be. Like why would the water over the pacific plate (Pacific Ocean) be higher than water over the North American, African and Eurasian tectonic plates (Atlantic Ocean).
This has to be an easy problem for you Sawed. Show us you can do it!!


You are trying to say that the level of the plate makes the Pacific higher. This is as a result of the psychosis that your PhD created because the Pacific is deeper than the Atlantic. You may now resume prescribing pills for yourself


It's hard to believe how stupid James is, and pretty much everybody else here for that matter, but James especially.

The Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean because it is saltier.

When salt dissolves in water there is a reduction in volume.

https://spark.iop.org/volume-change-dissolving-salt-water

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/16000870.2017.1330454

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1jry2d/at_the_panama_canal_why_is_the_sea_level_for_the/

It isn't lower.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-04-2024 01:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21955)
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
My fee for teaching is steep, I seriously doubt that you could afford the tuition



I thought you'd want to show us how much smarter than us you are is wasn't but maybe might be. Like why would the water over the pacific plate (Pacific Ocean) be higher than water over the North American, African and Eurasian tectonic plates (Atlantic Ocean).
This has to be an easy problem for you Sawed. Show us you can do it!!


You are trying to say that the level of the plate makes the Pacific higher. This is as a result of the psychosis that your PhD created because the Pacific is deeper than the Atlantic. You may now resume prescribing pills for yourself


It's hard to believe how stupid James is, and pretty much everybody else here for that matter, but James especially.

The Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean because it is saltier.

When salt dissolves in water there is a reduction in volume.

https://spark.iop.org/volume-change-dissolving-salt-water

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/16000870.2017.1330454

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1jry2d/at_the_panama_canal_why_is_the_sea_level_for_the/


Salt content has nothing to do with the height differences between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

Because the ocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same level throughout the world. However, winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature prevent the sea surface from being truly level.


Says the pathological liar who has nothing to do.

The salt content doesn't equalize between the 2, and that is the only reason that sufficiently explains the height difference.

All the reasons you list only explain why the waves in the Pacific are bigger, not why the entire sea level is higher there.
It isn't higher.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-04-2024 01:08
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(59)
Parrot Killer is the biggest moron here.

The Panama Canal locks confirm the height difference, as does the difference in salinity.
20-04-2024 01:24
James_
★★★★★
(2251)
John Marsriver wrote:
Parrot Killer is the biggest moron here.

The Panama Canal locks confirm the height difference, as does the difference in salinity.



Was it John the Baptist who said since Jesus was unwillingly crucified they can use that to have it better.
1 Timothy 4:8; For bodily exercise profiteth little, but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
As taught by Alan Bauldree. And since I can never have a life, I will point out flaws in the Bible and Torah for Alan Bauldree my teacher. Who knows, maybe the church will consider it a mistake suffering me to a fascist as$hole like him.

Yep, his desire to destroy my life comes from Jesus and the Bible. Actually Jesus is his shield because fascism works for Jesus. He did support Rome and its army. And Alan, my only options are to prove you are a prophet or show where Jesus was a lie. The good news is the church will not be able to abuse people anymore thanks to you.
Edited on 20-04-2024 01:45
20-04-2024 02:02
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(59)
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Parrot Killer is the biggest moron here.

The Panama Canal locks confirm the height difference, as does the difference in salinity.



Was it John the Baptist who said since Jesus was unwillingly crucified they can use that to have it better.
1 Timothy 4:8; For bodily exercise profiteth little, but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
As taught by Alan Bauldree. And since I can never have a life, I will point out flaws in the Bible and Torah for Alan Bauldree my teacher. Who knows, maybe the church will consider it a mistake suffering me to a fascist as$hole like him.

Yep, his desire to destroy my life comes from Jesus and the Bible. Actually Jesus is his shield because fascism works for Jesus. He did support Rome and its army. And Alan, my only options are to prove you are a prophet or show where Jesus was a lie. The good news is the church will not be able to abuse people anymore thanks to you.


That's quite a rant. No clue what you're talking about.

But churches seem like sick creepy places.

Who wants to walk into a building and see a statue of a dead naked guy nailed to a cross?!

That's enough to give anybody nightmares! Yet every Sunday people are getting on their knees in subservience to this sickness. Horrific.
Edited on 20-04-2024 02:09
20-04-2024 02:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21955)
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:

Yawn, are you a graduate of the FBI academy? because you are exceptionally dumb.

Because the ocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same level throughout the world. However, winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature prevent the sea surface from being truly level.

Besides even though saltier water is more dense, it does not take up more volume. For you a chemistry degree may be required to comprehend that, for me it's just another mock of your lack of real intelligence


Let me explain this for you real simple, genius.

Dissolve salt in a cup of water, and the volume will decrease.

Blow on the water, and the volume won't change.

The volume does not decrease by adding mass, dude.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-04-2024 02:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21955)
sealover wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Swan wrote:

Yawn, are you a graduate of the FBI academy? because you are exceptionally dumb.

Because the ocean is one continuous body of water, its surface tends to seek the same level throughout the world. However, winds, currents, river discharges, and variations in gravity and temperature prevent the sea surface from being truly level.

Besides even though saltier water is more dense, it does not take up more volume. For you a chemistry degree may be required to comprehend that, for me it's just another mock of your lack of real intelligence


Let me explain this for you real simple, genius.

Dissolve salt in a cup of water, and the volume will decrease.

Blow on the water, and the volume won't change.



There is no salt in water. There are sodium and chlorine ions. When the sodium and chlorine ions are removed from the water they will reform and become salt crystals again. You should go and read the thread where a propane refrigerator was discussed. I think about everybody was involved with that discussion and no problems. You need to get a clue.

p.s., When drinking salty sea water, why it can kill people is because they might be drinking chlorine. I think chlorine was used for mustard gas during WW I. Einstein hated one of his colleagues who said killing on mass using science can save lives. I think chlorine gas was his specialty. Anyone can search mustard gas and WW I if they want to.


I'm taking about why the Atlantic Ocean is lower than the Pacific Ocean, because it is saltier.

You know all about ionic complexity, but you apparently can't grasp this simple explanation?



Greetings, new member!

You are quite correct about the difference in density, as a result in differential salinity, between water in the Atlantic versus the Pacific.

If you wish to discuss sea water chemistry, please join me.

You don't know any.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-04-2024 04:38
James_
★★★★★
(2251)
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Parrot Killer is the biggest moron here.

The Panama Canal locks confirm the height difference, as does the difference in salinity.



Was it John the Baptist who said since Jesus was unwillingly crucified they can use that to have it better.
1 Timothy 4:8; For bodily exercise profiteth little, but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
As taught by Alan Bauldree. And since I can never have a life, I will point out flaws in the Bible and Torah for Alan Bauldree my teacher. Who knows, maybe the church will consider it a mistake suffering me to a fascist as$hole like him.

Yep, his desire to destroy my life comes from Jesus and the Bible. Actually Jesus is his shield because fascism works for Jesus. He did support Rome and its army. And Alan, my only options are to prove you are a prophet or show where Jesus was a lie. The good news is the church will not be able to abuse people anymore thanks to you.


That's quite a rant. No clue what you're talking about.

But churches seem like sick creepy places.

Who wants to walk into a building and see a statue of a dead naked guy nailed to a cross?!

That's enough to give anybody nightmares! Yet every Sunday people are getting on their knees in subservience to this sickness. Horrific.


And you're Alan. Bessler's Wheel will be the result of my being anally raped by you and losing my rectum. You posted a few times that's why my rectum had to be removed. And it will be your invention because who knows what Bessler built? Only Bessler. And what you do with the money from your invention is up to you. You'll get your invention and I'll be gone out of the U.S. like you wanted.
Edited on 20-04-2024 04:49
20-04-2024 04:53
James_
★★★★★
(2251)
Dissolved salt, I'd have to think that a crystal of table salt is bigger than a molecule of water. That's my opinion anyway. They remove the salt from the water in reverse osmosis I think. I think I've read that soemwhere but am not sure.
20-04-2024 06:59
John Marsriver
★☆☆☆☆
(59)
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Parrot Killer is the biggest moron here.

The Panama Canal locks confirm the height difference, as does the difference in salinity.



Was it John the Baptist who said since Jesus was unwillingly crucified they can use that to have it better.
1 Timothy 4:8; For bodily exercise profiteth little, but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
As taught by Alan Bauldree. And since I can never have a life, I will point out flaws in the Bible and Torah for Alan Bauldree my teacher. Who knows, maybe the church will consider it a mistake suffering me to a fascist as$hole like him.

Yep, his desire to destroy my life comes from Jesus and the Bible. Actually Jesus is his shield because fascism works for Jesus. He did support Rome and its army. And Alan, my only options are to prove you are a prophet or show where Jesus was a lie. The good news is the church will not be able to abuse people anymore thanks to you.


That's quite a rant. No clue what you're talking about.

But churches seem like sick creepy places.

Who wants to walk into a building and see a statue of a dead naked guy nailed to a cross?!

That's enough to give anybody nightmares! Yet every Sunday people are getting on their knees in subservience to this sickness. Horrific.


And you're Alan. Bessler's Wheel will be the result of my being anally raped by you and losing my rectum. You posted a few times that's why my rectum had to be removed. And it will be your invention because who knows what Bessler built? Only Bessler. And what you do with the money from your invention is up to you. You'll get your invention and I'll be gone out of the U.S. like you wanted.


I have no idea who you are, and what you're talking about. You say disturbing $hit!

You said I was promoting suicide, by experimenting with Taoism, just before some sick phoque I knew, shot his girlfriend, my sister in law, twice, in the back of the head, then killed himself. I used to consider him my friend from 2007 to 2016, but he descended into madness after that. I never met him in person after 2015.

Your tone has always reminded me of him. This is no coincidence in my mind. I certainly wouldn't want to meet you in person.
Edited on 20-04-2024 07:20
20-04-2024 21:07
James_
★★★★★
(2251)
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
James_ wrote:
John Marsriver wrote:
Parrot Killer is the biggest moron here.

The Panama Canal locks confirm the height difference, as does the difference in salinity.



Was it John the Baptist who said since Jesus was unwillingly crucified they can use that to have it better.
1 Timothy 4:8; For bodily exercise profiteth little, but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
As taught by Alan Bauldree. And since I can never have a life, I will point out flaws in the Bible and Torah for Alan Bauldree my teacher. Who knows, maybe the church will consider it a mistake suffering me to a fascist as$hole like him.

Yep, his desire to destroy my life comes from Jesus and the Bible. Actually Jesus is his shield because fascism works for Jesus. He did support Rome and its army. And Alan, my only options are to prove you are a prophet or show where Jesus was a lie. The good news is the church will not be able to abuse people anymore thanks to you.


That's quite a rant. No clue what you're talking about.

But churches seem like sick creepy places.

Who wants to walk into a building and see a statue of a dead naked guy nailed to a cross?!

That's enough to give anybody nightmares! Yet every Sunday people are getting on their knees in subservience to this sickness. Horrific.


And you're Alan. Bessler's Wheel will be the result of my being anally raped by you and losing my rectum. You posted a few times that's why my rectum had to be removed. And it will be your invention because who knows what Bessler built? Only Bessler. And what you do with the money from your invention is up to you. You'll get your invention and I'll be gone out of the U.S. like you wanted.


I have no idea who you are, and what you're talking about. You say disturbing $hit!

You said I was promoting suicide, by experimenting with Taoism, just before some sick phoque I knew, shot his girlfriend, my sister in law, twice, in the back of the head, then killed himself. I used to consider him my friend from 2007 to 2016, but he descended into madness after that. I never met him in person after 2015.

Your tone has always reminded me of him. This is no coincidence in my mind. I certainly wouldn't want to meet you in person.



Mr. Bauldree will need to remember that the Bible describes him as Jesus. Why
I am suffering, so his church can have better healthcare. Why I have to "prove"
myself. Then I will be intelligent and can witness Jesus aka Alan Bauldree and how his believers deserve better healthcare.
As Dr. Peters of Anchor Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky, USA told me, the truth shall set me free.
Page 5 of 5<<<345





Join the debate panama canal:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
suez canal405-04-2021 19:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact