Remember me
▼ Content

Let's Talk Polar Bears

Let's Talk Polar Bears17-03-2021 17:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14452)
I was reading an article about the University of Victoria (Canada) firing Susan Crockford, a 15-year Adjunct Professor and expert in all of the X-zoologies, for reporting that polar bears are thriving. I thought to myself "I need to read this report."

Well, it was certainly interesting. Polar bears are indeed thriving; populations are growing, independently of the amount of sea ice which varies year-to-year based on the weather. It turns out that when there is more ice, polar bears are afforded greater range to hunt for seals (normally 70% of the polar bear diet). When there is less ice, there is more human (industrial) activity that, for many reasons, draws more polar bear food in towards that activity leading to polar bears having greater food availability and requiring polar bears exert less effort.

An overabundance of data shows that female polar bears, while being far more numerous today, are also healthier (fatter) than in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Question: So why was Crockford fired? Her report was all about the disappearance of Arctic sea ice, i.e. it toed the Global Warming party line.

Answer: It didn't tow the Global Warming party line. Everything about Global Warming is supposed to be "catastrophic" and just plain "bad." The public is supposed to be led to believe that polar bears are dying and headed for extinction because of the changing Climate ... and when Crockford let the cat out of the bag that polar bears are thriving at numbers more than an order of magnitude greater than 1970s estimates, it reveals that the World Wildlife Foundation's (WWF) "endagered list" is not so much scientific as it is a mere political tool and that the WWF is on the take. (I just checked and the WWF no longer lists the polar bear in any sort of threatened status). This forced new groups to get into the "listing endangered species" business and for new groups to be created just for this purpose. Many other no-name groups you never heard of list the polar bear as a class as being everything from "vulnerable" to "threatened" ... to even "traumatized" (by researcher tagging).

So now that Susan Crockford is booted from UVic (University of Victoria), she has founded her own private consulting company that has exposed Netflix of pulling an Al Gore and of producing a movie that falsely implicates Climate Change in the deaths of walruses (claiming that Global Warming is causing walruses to go insane and to hurl themselves off cliffs to their deaths). Crockford reveals that walruses naturally fall to their deaths because they are trying to escape predatory polar bears ... and they inadvertently run out of real estate and plunge over a cliff. Did you get that? Polar bears are the bad guys and Netflix was intentionally covering that up. Some Netflix cameramen are just evil and instead of setting up cameras to wait and hope to sight/film a falling/dying walrus, they use drones to harass walruses in large gatherings in order to "encourage" several to plunge off the cliff trying to get away.

The moral of the story is that walruses are doing just fine as well. The Netflix movie is entirely contrived and the underlying premise is false.

Anyway, back to polar bears ... they are living better than ever and are more numerous than ever. Who is gullible enough to continue believing that polar bears are experiencing any sort of problem or danger?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-03-2021 17:55
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Who is gullible enough to continue believing that polar bears are experiencing any sort of problem or danger? James?

How did polar bears manage to survive seal clubbing season, before PETA screwed up that Eskimo tradition?

Like any bear, food is food, and they'll eat anything. Knocking over trash cans, and rooting around the landfill, takes a lot less energy and effort than hunting the ice. All bears are basically lazy, and will always go for the easiest meal. They don't need the ice, probably prefer not having it. They burn a lot of calories maintain body temperature, like any other mammal. Less cold, means they aren't hungry all the time
17-03-2021 20:23
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Who is gullible enough, you ask?

Not I.

I do not like such lies and fear. I do not like them, there nor here.
Edited on 17-03-2021 20:25
18-03-2021 03:43
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
[quote]IBdaMann wrote:
I was reading an article about the University of Victoria (Canada) firing Susan Crockford, a 15-year Adjunct Professor and expert in all of the X-zoologies, for reporting that polar bears are thriving. I thought to myself "I need to read this report."

Well, it was certainly interesting. Polar bears are indeed thriving; populations are growing, independently of the amount of sea ice which varies year-to-year based on the weather. It turns out that when there is more ice, polar bears are afforded greater range to hunt for seals (normally 70% of the polar bear diet). When there is less ice, there is more human (industrial) activity that, for many reasons, draws more polar bear food in towards that activity leading to polar bears having greater food availability and requiring polar bears exert less effort.

An overabundance of data shows that female polar bears, while being far more numerous today, are also healthier (fatter) than in the 1990s and early 2000s.

Question: So why was Crockford fired? Her report was all about the disappearance of Arctic sea ice, i.e. it toed the Global Warming party line.

Answer: It didn't tow the Global Warming party line. Everything about Global Warming is supposed to be "catastrophic" and just plain "bad." The public is supposed to be led to believe that polar bears are dying and headed for extinction because of the changing Climate ... and when Crockford let the cat out of the bag that polar bears are thriving at numbers more than an order of magnitude greater than 1970s estimates, it reveals that the World Wildlife Foundation's (WWF) "endagered list" is not so much scientific as it is a mere political tool and that the WWF is on the take. (I just checked and the WWF no longer lists the polar bear in any sort of threatened status). This forced new groups to get into the "listing endangered species" business and for new groups to be created just for this purpose. Many other no-name groups you never heard of list the polar bear as a class as being everything from "vulnerable" to "threatened" ... to even "traumatized" (by researcher tagging).

So now that Susan Crockford is booted from UVic (University of Victoria), she has founded her own private consulting company that has exposed Netflix of pulling an Al Gore and of producing a movie that falsely implicates Climate Change in the deaths of walruses (claiming that Global Warming is causing walruses to go insane and to hurl themselves off cliffs to their deaths). Crockford reveals that walruses naturally fall to their deaths because they are trying to escape predatory polar bears ... and they inadvertently run out of real estate and plunge over a cliff. Did you get that? Polar bears are the bad guys and Netflix was intentionally covering that up. Some Netflix cameramen are just evil and instead of setting up cameras to wait and hope to sight/film a falling/dying walrus, they use drones to harass walruses in large gatherings in order to "encourage" several to plunge off the cliff trying to get away.

The moral of the story is that walruses are doing just fine as well. The Netflix movie is entirely contrived and the underlying premise is false.

Anyway, back to polar bears ... they are living better than ever and are more numerous than ever. Who is gullible enough to continue believing that polar bears are experiencing any sort of problem or danger?

Spot on.I have seen all these shows.The same thing happened to Tim Ball at James Cook university for daring to say hang on where is all this coral bleaching.He was dismissed for not being colloquial,Problem is he has teamed up with Jennifer Marohasy and they are producing evidence that it is mythical and embarrasing the establishment

duncan61

Join the debate Let's Talk Polar Bears:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
New Type of Entanglement Lets Scientists 'See' Inside Nuclei7816-06-2023 18:15
Let's Talk ChatGPT (Did You See What I Did There?)3112-05-2023 16:51
Pizzly Bears18523-01-2023 16:11
Polar bears909-09-2022 00:03
If You Want To Save Your Family, Your Town, City Please Make Donation & Talk1223-04-2022 22:04
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact