Remember me
▼ Content

Is math that important? (for believers only, pleeease!)

Page 4 of 4<<<234
30-04-2022 01:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
squeal over's sock wrote: Disbelief in Reality Requires FAITH.

Belief that one is omniscient requires faith to the point of delusion.

squeal over's sock wrote: It takes a special quality to refuse to believe what your own lying eyes tell you.

To the contrary, it takes intelligence to analyze optical illusions.
01-05-2022 14:18
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Sealover.Maybe because I am past 60 but my world is perfect.I am not seeing the problem
01-05-2022 20:03
(14416)
duncan61 wrote:
Sealover.Maybe because I am past 60 but my world is perfect.I am not seeing the problem

squeal over is doing the exact same thing as Pete Rogers, i.e.he is trying to form his own church. Both applied standard sales pitch techniques.

1. Lead with true statements with which the mark will agree.

Pete Rogers leads with "Earth has an atmosphere and gravity.". squeal over leads with " The ocean's alkalinity is mostly bicarbonate and carbonate.". Great. No problems there.

2. While the heads are nodding, slip in the conclusion you need them to believe.

Pete Rogers claims that temperature is a measure of thermal energy over volume and not of thermal energy over associated matter. squeal over claims the ocean's alkalinity is being depleted and that this is somehow a bad thing.

3. Attempt to convince via confusion..

Pete Rogers relies entirely on conflating tenses and other grammatical dishonesty. squeal over relies entirely on empty buzzwords and meaningless gibber-babble.

4. Pretend that those who aren't convinced are the problem.
5. Insult those who remain unconvinced.
6. Try to silence those who remain unconvinced or get others to not pay heed.
01-05-2022 20:25
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
squeal over's sock wrote: Disbelief in Reality Requires FAITH.

Belief that one is omniscient requires faith to the point of delusion.

squeal over's sock wrote: It takes a special quality to refuse to believe what your own lying eyes tell you.

To the contrary, it takes intelligence to analyze optical illusions.

Bingo. My lying eyes tell me A and B are not the same shade and color. I don't believe my eyes.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

Edited on 01-05-2022 20:29
02-05-2022 18:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Im a BM wrote:
Disbelief in Reality Requires FAITH.

It takes a special quality to refuse to believe what your own lying eyes tell you.

It requires cognitive dissonance.

It requires FAITH.

Es culto de religion anti cientifica.

Obviously you have no idea what 'reality' means. Buzzword fallacy.
The argument of faith is not a fallacy. It is simply another name for the circular argument.

It takes intelligence to analyze optical and other types of illusions. That's why pilots go through special training just to handle them. It is the core of instrument training, for example.

Is that instrument functioning? What are the other instruments doing? Ignore what it feels like (which can be tough, given the easy chance for vertigo).

Optical illusions are simpler in scope. They are entertaining BECAUSE your eyes are playing tricks on you. It requires intelligence to recognize them for what they are.

As to the definition of what 'real' and 'reality' means. This is the purpose of that branch of philosophy known as phenomenology, which you deny.

There is no absolute reality. YOU don't get to pronounce 'reality' to anyone but you. Omniscience fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 02-05-2022 18:59
RE: Is math important to election results?02-05-2022 20:00
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Is math important to election results?

"Trump won in a landslide" - seal worshiper

Yes, it takes faith to refuse to believe science.

But to believe "Trump won in a landslide"...

That takes more than just a little faith.

That takes a huge LEAP of faith.

Let me know how that one works out for ya.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:

It takes a special quality to refuse to believe what your own lying eyes tell you.

It requires cognitive dissonance.

It requires FAITH.

Es culto de religion anti cientifica.

Obviously you have no idea what 'reality' means. Buzzword fallacy.
The argument of faith is not a fallacy. It is simply another name for the circular argument.

It takes intelligence to analyze optical and other types of illusions. That's why pilots go through special training just to handle them. It is the core of instrument training, for example.

Is that instrument functioning? What are the other instruments doing? Ignore what it feels like (which can be tough, given the easy chance for vertigo).

Optical illusions are simpler in scope. They are entertaining BECAUSE your eyes are playing tricks on you. It requires intelligence to recognize them for what they are.

As to the definition of what 'real' and 'reality' means. This is the purpose of that branch of philosophy known as phenomenology, which you deny.

There is no absolute reality. YOU don't get to pronounce 'reality' to anyone but you. Omniscience fallacy.
02-05-2022 20:45
(14416)
squeal over's sock wrote:Is math important to election results?

Obviously not when the election is nonetheless stolen.

squeal over's sock wrote:Yes, it takes faith to refuse to believe science.

Actually, it only requires not being convinced. Just look at the crap you refer to as "science." It merely requires being anywhere between lucid and slightly inebriated to refuse to believe what you peddle.

In fact, one could show a science model to be false to bring about refusal to believe it. Of course you would already know this if you weren't scientifically illiterate.

squeal over's sock wrote:But to have observed Trump win in a landslide and to have observed the election stolen over the subsequent days ...

That takes more than just refusal to self-delude ...

That takes a huge HATRED for tyranny.

Well, it hosed us, that's for sure. I take it you're happy about that. What's your motto? Ah, yes,

"I'm not happy until you're not happy."

* B O C A * D E * D I A R R E A *

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-05-2022 20:08
(21600)
Im a BM wrote:
Is math important to election results?

"Trump won in a landslide" - seal worshiper

Yes, it takes faith to refuse to believe science.

But to believe "Trump won in a landslide"...

That takes more than just a little faith.

That takes a huge LEAP of faith.

Denial of mathematics. You are obviously discarding probability mathematics. Math is not science.

You cannot wish the evidence away, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 03-05-2022 20:09
03-05-2022 20:10
(21600)
IBdaMann wrote:

Actually, it only requires not being convinced. Just look at the crap you refer to as "science." It merely requires being anywhere between lucid and slightly inebriated to refuse to believe what you peddle.

In fact, one could show a science model to be false to bring about refusal to believe it. Of course you would already know this if you weren't scientifically illiterate.

squeal over's sock wrote:But to have observed Trump win in a landslide and to have observed the election stolen over the subsequent days ...

Well, it hosed us, that's for sure. I take it you're happy about that. What's your motto? Ah, yes,

Well put. This slogan exactly describes Democrats.

The Parrot Killer

03-05-2022 21:09
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Too bad for them, because they cannot take my happiness away from me.
04-05-2022 02:26
(21600)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Too bad for them, because they cannot take my happiness away from me.

...though they try!

The Parrot Killer

Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate Is math that important? (for believers only, pleeease!):

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Basic Mistakes in Math, Just an FYI, 2 x 2 ≠ 4.027-01-2024 19:01
Math Help5308-12-2023 01:56
Russia just hacked the US emergency alert system, and in more important news the FBI is001-09-2022 13:50
I The Savior Return With Some Important Information Knowledge Wisdom317-03-2022 18:38
Math2418-04-2021 08:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact