Remember me
▼ Content

Is math that important? (for believers only, pleeease!)

Page 2 of 4<1234>
15-04-2022 21:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:
CIAO

Swan, if you want people to know you're in the CIA with a smiley face after it then type CIA and : and ) (skip the ands) so it looks like this:

CIA

Good meme!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-04-2022 00:14
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
What parts do you think he got right?

Great pic. It made me all woozy. Puprle is the best!

I'm not sure. He told me about acid rain

Rain is naturally acidic. As water drains over and through the soil, it becomes alkaline. Before coal plants trapped sulfur impurities in coal, localized areas where these plants burned coal saw an increase of sulfuric acid in the rain, harming local vegetation. No longer a problem now.
GretaGroupie wrote:
and the hole in the pole somewhere

He is referring the ozone hole at each pole during the winter of that pole. A naturally occurring phenomenon. There are religious types that believe Man is somehow responsible for it.
GretaGroupie wrote:
and how people can affect the planet.

None of these thing mentioned is an example of people affecting the planet in any way.
GretaGroupie wrote:
We read about a place called Love Canal that was all poluted (not lovely).

Love Canal was a landfill. The polluter was a chemical company and the fill was sanctioned by the government. They dumped all kinds of chemicals in there, including some rather toxic ones...then they capped it with clay. There was no leaching base installed or anything. This 16 acre site is still a mess today, even though dumping ended in 1953 and cleanup started as early as 1980. The pollution did not extend beyond 16 acres.

To be fair, though, the landfill opened for this purpose in 1942, during WW2. They didn't pay much attention to leach bases and proper capping for landfills in those days.

GretaGroupie wrote:
He said it's like smoking. One cigarrete won't kill you but if you keep doing it then it can. I don't think one fart is going to destroy the planet but if we all keep farting it might get pretty stinky.

No. This argument is a false equivalence fallacy.

* Love Canal only concerns 16 acres
* The ozone hole is a natural phenomenon. Man has nothing to do with it.
* Sulfuric acid in the rain only affected localized areas and is no longer a problem with modern coal plants.

On a similar line my local radio was discussing landfill and at one point the idiot claiming it was harmful stated that burying plastic was bad and the host woman stated [And we all know what happens then.It goes straight in to the ocean]I was on a backroad and I stopped the car and got out.The insanity that some plastic buried 53 Kms from Cockburn sound would some how be floating there the next day.

duncan61
16-04-2022 01:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Rain is naturally acidic. As water drains over and through the soil, it becomes alkaline. Before coal plants trapped sulfur impurities in coal, localized areas where these plants burned coal saw an increase of sulfuric acid in the rain, harming local vegetation. No longer a problem now.
GretaGroupie wrote:

He is referring the ozone hole at each pole during the winter of that pole. A naturally occurring phenomenon. There are religious types that believe Man is somehow responsible for it.
GretaGroupie wrote:

None of these thing mentioned is an example of people affecting the planet in any way.
GretaGroupie wrote:

Love Canal was a landfill. The polluter was a chemical company and the fill was sanctioned by the government. They dumped all kinds of chemicals in there, including some rather toxic ones...then they capped it with clay. There was no leaching base installed or anything. This 16 acre site is still a mess today, even though dumping ended in 1953 and cleanup started as early as 1980. The pollution did not extend beyond 16 acres.

To be fair, though, the landfill opened for this purpose in 1942, during WW2. They didn't pay much attention to leach bases and proper capping for landfills in those days.

GretaGroupie wrote:
He said it's like smoking. One cigarrete won't kill you but if you keep doing it then it can. I don't think one fart is going to destroy the planet but if we all keep farting it might get pretty stinky.

* Sulfuric acid in the rain only affected localized areas and is no longer a problem with modern coal plants.

Yo dude, there is no tmiddles here, are you still tripping
16-04-2022 01:16
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

On a similar line my local radio was discussing landfill and at one point the idiot claiming it was harmful stated that burying plastic was bad and the host woman stated [And we all know what happens then.It goes straight in to the ocean]I was on a backroad and I stopped the car and got out.The insanity that some plastic buried 53 Kms from Cockburn sound would some how be floating there the next day.

It is pretty silly.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-04-2022 15:11
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(350)
Swan wrote:
I am not in the CIA, I am in the QTB

What is QTB?
16-04-2022 15:17
(350)
Into the Night wrote:
There is no branch of science called 'Earth' though.

No he was part of the biology deparment but he taught a class called introduction to earth science or something like that and thats what a lot of the assignments were about that I had to do while he was teaching.

Into the Night wrote:
Love Canal was a landfill.

What a goofy name for a landfill. Crap canal maybe?
16-04-2022 15:18
(350)
Swan wrote:

What is a tmiddles?
16-04-2022 16:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:
I am not in the CIA, I am in the QTB

What is QTB?

I could tell you but we would have to establish a secure link and naturally you would have to provide your top secret SAP (secure access program) credentials. We could use an AOL or Tik Tok like Hillary Cliton used when she sent top secret info to China and Iran
Edited on 16-04-2022 16:43
16-04-2022 18:38
(350)
Swan wrote:
I could tell you but we would have to establish a secure link and naturally you would have to provide your top secret SAP (secure access program) credentials.

This is so cool. I know a secret agent. Can I tell my friends?

16-04-2022 20:06
(21582)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
There is no branch of science called 'Earth' though.

No he was part of the biology deparment but he taught a class called introduction to earth science or something like that and thats what a lot of the assignments were about that I had to do while he was teaching.

Into the Night wrote:
Love Canal was a landfill.

What a goofy name for a landfill. Crap canal maybe?

Heh. Love Canal got its name because it was originally destined to be a dream community. Some homes were built in the area, but they needed landfill to build the rest of the homes.

What followed was rather a disaster, involving the 16 acre landfill site, and also the homes built next to it.

The Parrot Killer

16-04-2022 20:15
(21582)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

What is a tmiddles?

tmiddles is a user. He shows up here from time to time. Why swan is bringing him up is beyond me.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 16-04-2022 20:15
16-04-2022 20:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:
I could tell you but we would have to establish a secure link and naturally you would have to provide your top secret SAP (secure access program) credentials.

Sure no problem, just remember that all of your future communications will be monitored by the TSD which includes but is not limited to all landline communications, cell communications and all email and text services including emails sent through the maxwell smart shoe system, and if you are near any pigeons just be aware that they will all be shot out of the sky because they can still send messages over the wall and under the radar so to speak. Also every phone call that you have ever made will be replayed by morons with no lives who all voted for diaper joe biden's destroy America plan.

PS Watch for the Mexican and Guatemalan shit on the sidewalk outside the sweatshop where you have a cubicle. But you enjoy paying more for gas to drive to buy your cigarettes than for the butts themselves, presuming that the MS13 gang members did not carjack your Honda
Edited on 16-04-2022 21:20
17-04-2022 03:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Swan wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

Sure no problem, just remember that all of your future communications will be monitored by the TSD which includes but is not limited to all landline communications, cell communications and all email and text services including emails sent through the maxwell smart shoe system, and if you are near any pigeons just be aware that they will all be shot out of the sky because they can still send messages over the wall and under the radar so to speak. Also every phone call that you have ever made will be replayed by morons with no lives who all voted for diaper joe biden's destroy America plan.

PS Watch for the Mexican and Guatemalan shit on the sidewalk outside the sweatshop where you have a cubicle. But you enjoy paying more for gas to drive to buy your cigarettes than for the butts themselves, presuming that the MS13 gang members did not carjack your Honda

Why so quiet? bark on
17-04-2022 17:32
(350)
Into the Night wrote:
What followed was rather a disaster, involving the 16 acre landfill site, and also the homes built next to it.

This is why I do not think I will ever own a home. I would probably end up somwhere like Love Canal.

I like the room I rent and it has a little fridge and a microwave and I can use the kitchen if I want too.
17-04-2022 17:48
(350)
Swan wrote:But you enjoy paying more for gas to drive to buy your cigarettes than for the butts themselves...

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

NOTE TO IBM - CODE RED!!! Swan is getting worse every day. First he could not remember the difference between my real mom and my house moms and then he thought a GED was a college degree. Now he thinks I smoke cigarettes but I do not. IBM I am really afraid Swan spends most of his day standing in front of his fridge opening and closing the door yelling for his dog to come home. This is not safe and his electric bill must be huge.

IBM you know Swan much better than I do so maybe you could have child welfare help find a foster home for him and we could buy some of those plastic fish with magnets so he could spend what is left of his golden days fishing in the bathtub. It would be much safer and he would be happier and not cost so much electricity.

I do not know why this is happening to him but he is a secret agent and maybe he has brain damage from holding his nuclear powered decoder ring to close to his head. Whatever it is we need to do an intersection on him because we are his friends. He might be angry at first but he will not remember us in a little while so we need to help him now.

[SWAN DO YOU REMEMBER WHO IBM IS?]

17-04-2022 18:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
GretaGroupie wrote:NOTE TO IBM - CODE RED!!! Swan is getting worse every day.

Nope. Consider it "remarkable improvement.". You never asked him about his time travels back to the ice age where his moraines were formed. You never asked him about his quantum entanglement teleportation power.

Close your eyes and envision Swan pecking out his post with his nose while straight-jacketted in a padded cell. Now it should all make sense.
17-04-2022 18:26
(350)
IBdaMann wrote:
Nope. Consider it "remarkable improvement.". You never asked him about his time travels back to the ice age where his moraines were formed.

Okay if you say so but I am still worried about him.

What is a moraines? I know what a moron is (me).
17-04-2022 18:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:But you enjoy paying more for gas to drive to buy your cigarettes than for the butts themselves...

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

NOTE TO IBM - CODE RED!!! Swan is getting worse every day. First he could not remember the difference between my real mom and my house moms and then he thought a GED was a college degree. Now he thinks I smoke cigarettes but I do not. IBM I am really afraid Swan spends most of his day standing in front of his fridge opening and closing the door yelling for his dog to come home. This is not safe and his electric bill must be huge.

IBM you know Swan much better than I do so maybe you could have child welfare help find a foster home for him and we could buy some of those plastic fish with magnets so he could spend what is left of his golden days fishing in the bathtub. It would be much safer and he would be happier and not cost so much electricity.

I do not know why this is happening to him but he is a secret agent and maybe he has brain damage from holding his nuclear powered decoder ring to close to his head. Whatever it is we need to do an intersection on him because we are his friends. He might be angry at first but he will not remember us in a little while so we need to help him now.

[SWAN DO YOU REMEMBER WHO IBM IS?]

LOL do you really believe that my life is made better by remembering your real mom versus your trannie house mom's but bopping?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fart on but be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot

And Happy Easter on top of that, presuming that you do not shoot yourself in the foot again.
Edited on 17-04-2022 19:13
17-04-2022 19:20
(350)
Swan wrote:
And Happy Easter on top of that, presuming that you do not shoot yourself in the foot again.

To you to Swan.

I am so happy you remembered

I am going in early tonight and we are going to paint eggs to give to all the boys.

17-04-2022 20:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:

To you to Swan.

I am so happy you remembered

I am going in early tonight and we are going to paint eggs to give to all the boys.

What about the girls? As I recall they celebrate Easter too
18-04-2022 01:50
(21582)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

This is why I do not think I will ever own a home. I would probably end up somwhere like Love Canal.

Don't write off owning your own home. Remember Love Canal was only 16 acres.
GretaGroupie wrote:
I like the room I rent and it has a little fridge and a microwave and I can use the kitchen if I want too.

That's okay, but you are throwing all your money away on rent.
If you buy a house, your payments on the loan build up equity. Eventually you will own the house outright.

In other words, YOU own the house, not some landlord.

You can even rent out part of the house and have someone paying YOU rent. You can be the landlord (landlady).

The Parrot Killer

18-04-2022 02:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

If you buy a house, your payments on the loan build up equity. Eventually you will own the house outright.

You can even rent out part of the house and have someone paying YOU rent. You can be the landlord (landlady).

LOL, you forget that most people do not buy a home, they buy a mortgage and a bank owns the home, then when they can't make their payment they lose everything, like you did long ago.
18-04-2022 04:23
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

When I drifted around the Gascoyne I did a lot of roadhouse work.The room normally comes with the job or do you stay somewhere off site?I spent a lot of time shooting Kangaroos all night then sleeping on the ground under the coolroom if it was a a semi trailer.A good life but having a room and a hot shower was luxury.I love the way you handle pratts on this forum with love.I now live in a beautiful house with great people and have everything I could ever wish for.Can you share where the roadhouse you work at is?

duncan61
18-04-2022 04:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

LOL, you forget that most people do not buy a home, they buy a mortgage and a bank owns the home, then when they can't make their payment they lose everything, like you did long ago.

Liberal nonsense. There isn't a huge difference between rent payments, and house payments. Usually get more living space for the same money. You'll pay rent your entire life, and never hope to get a penny of that back. Your living space, is usually larger as well. The longer you stay, the more equity you build, and can borrow against, if needed. You don't get to borrow against past rent payments. When your house is paid off, you no longer have that huge bill to pay every month. You have a lot more of your paycheck free to do what you want. You have a house you can sell, or borrow against. It's an investment in your own future. You need a place to live anyway. Paying rent, is usually helping to pay someone else's mortgage anyway. But, a fool and his money, is so easily parted...

O paid off my house in 2007, and got rid of all my credit shortly after. Been paying cash ever since, and not having to stress on bills. Sort of good and bad though, I have no credit score, so getting credit is going to be tough. Don't really need it, but may at some point. Be nice to have a backup card, if the bank locks my debt for some fool reason. On the bright side, no one can get credit in my name either...
18-04-2022 04:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

Liberal nonsense. There isn't a huge difference between rent payments, and house payments. Usually get more living space for the same money. You'll pay rent your entire life, and never hope to get a penny of that back. Your living space, is usually larger as well. The longer you stay, the more equity you build, and can borrow against, if needed. You don't get to borrow against past rent payments. When your house is paid off, you no longer have that huge bill to pay every month. You have a lot more of your paycheck free to do what you want. You have a house you can sell, or borrow against. It's an investment in your own future. You need a place to live anyway. Paying rent, is usually helping to pay someone else's mortgage anyway. But, a fool and his money, is so easily parted...

O paid off my house in 2007, and got rid of all my credit shortly after. Been paying cash ever since, and not having to stress on bills. Sort of good and bad though, I have no credit score, so getting credit is going to be tough. Don't really need it, but may at some point. Be nice to have a backup card, if the bank locks my debt for some fool reason. On the bright side, no one can get credit in my name either...

Wouldn't know as I owned my home fully with no mortgage at 27 years old, so I never paid rent or a mortgage. LOL you might want to look up foreclosure as my **** boss lost his job for stealing copper and he could not even sell his home for what he owed on the mortgage, happens to too many people which is why banks make loans in the first place as they never lose.
18-04-2022 17:19
(350)
Swan wrote:
What about the girls? As I recall they celebrate Easter too

You are right Swan and we do have girl drivers who stop at the diner and we will give them an easter egg too

Swan wrote:

That is what I have heard Swan and I do not like owing anyone anthing.

18-04-2022 17:24
(350)
Into the Night wrote:

Maybe but I do think Swan had a good point about loans and I do not want to have any bills that I can not pay. There is no bank around here so it would be hard to get a loan and I get paid in cash so I pay my landlady on time every month and still have money left over. I spend a little of it and save the rest and once a year the prof helps me buy more bonds.

i wish i had a nice pen like that

18-04-2022 17:36
(350)
duncan61 wrote:
I love the way you handle pratts on this forum with love.

I do not know what a pratt is but I like everyone here and they are like my online family. I tried facbook once but I did not like it.

duncan61 wrote:Can you share where the roadhouse you work at is?

It is not really a house but the one room that used to be out back that did not burn down in the fire so the owner put a bunch of bunk beds in there and it still has a bathroom and water so it is not bad. I never stay there but the men who do are all nice and we have never had any problems.

18-04-2022 19:29
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

You own the home. The bank does not have any claim to the home unless you don't pay your mortgage payments.

The Parrot Killer

18-04-2022 19:31
(21582)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

Wouldn't know as I owned my home fully with no mortgage at 27 years old, so I never paid rent or a mortgage. LOL you might want to look up foreclosure as my **** boss lost his job for stealing copper and he could not even sell his home for what he owed on the mortgage, happens to too many people which is why banks make loans in the first place as they never lose.

Making up stories about yourself again?

The Parrot Killer

18-04-2022 21:40
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

Not my fault that you didn't make the right investments. As for owning my home fully at 27 years old, yup I did that as I inherited the castle
18-04-2022 22:57
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

Not my fault that you didn't make the right investments. As for owning my home fully at 27 years old, yup I did that as I inherited the castle

The Parrot Killer

19-04-2022 00:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GretaGroupie wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

GretaGroupie wrote:

It's ok I understand your denial on this one.
19-04-2022 01:09
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

I don't think you do.

The Parrot Killer

19-04-2022 01:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

I don't think you do.

My home is paid for and I retired fully at 55 years of age. So you are the one in denial not me kiddy.

Chuckles
19-04-2022 15:40
(350)
Swan wrote:As for owning my home fully at 27 years old, yup I did that as I inherited the castle

A secret agent who lives in a castle.

Wow this is geting interesting!

this is the best pic i could find
it looks like where a spy lives

19-04-2022 16:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
GretaGroupie wrote:
Swan wrote:As for owning my home fully at 27 years old, yup I did that as I inherited the castle

Attached image:

19-04-2022 16:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
GretaGroupie wrote:

In a famous and much quoted decision from 1604 Sir Edward Coke declared that "the house of every one is to him as his Castle and Fortress as well for defence against injury and violence, as for his repose" which over the years has become simplified to "a man's home is his castle".

That said, you are obviously not educated as to the finer literary graces in life.

So don't shoot yourself in the foot again Mr. DEA agent who is the only person in the class QUALIFIED TO HANDLE THIS GLOCK .40

So what is it like being a superhero secret agent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfONckOPyaI
19-04-2022 17:13
(350)
IBdaMann wrote:

That is so cool.

I would love to live in a place like that.

It even has a little boner rock out front kind of like me. (giggle)

19-04-2022 17:16
(350)
Swan wrote:"a man's home is his castle".

My rented room is my castle and the tables in the diner are my kingdom where I rule with my order pad and a touch of love

Page 2 of 4<1234>

Join the debate Is math that important? (for believers only, pleeease!):

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Basic Mistakes in Math, Just an FYI, 2 x 2 ≠ 4.027-01-2024 19:01
Math Help5308-12-2023 01:56
Russia just hacked the US emergency alert system, and in more important news the FBI is001-09-2022 13:50
I The Savior Return With Some Important Information Knowledge Wisdom317-03-2022 18:38
Math2418-04-2021 08:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact