★★★★★
(3060)
research.ibm.com/quantum

See for your self
31-08-2023 19:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14420)
keepit wrote: research.ibm.com/quantum. See for your self

keepit, I have a serious question for you: Do you believe every stupid thing you read on the internet, just because it's on the internet? i.e. "It's on the internet therefore it must be true and accurate!"

At the moment, you have me convinced that you do.

keepit, I have another serious question for you: Do you believe everything you read or hear in commercials or marketing? i.e. "I heard it on a commercial therefore it must be true and accurate!"

At the moment, you have me convinced that you do.

keepit, I have another serious question for you: Do you generally consider yourself to be gullible?

At the moment, you have me convinced that you are.

... how do I effectively address your post?

keepit, let's say you were to take IBM up on it's offer to run your programs and applications on their quantum platform. How would you know that your programs and applications were running on a quantum platform and not on a regular, ordinary, plain old vanilla computing platform?

How would you know? Do you simply trust IBM to be using the premium price that they are charging you to provide you with an actual quantum computing platform, and not just having your programs and applications run on one of their many existing standard platforms while laughing at you and pocketing your cash?

How would you know?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 31-08-2023 19:46
31-08-2023 19:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
I'm not gullible. I don't believe a thing you say.
31-08-2023 20:11
(14420)
keepit wrote: ibd, I'm not gullible.

It would appear that you believe yourself to be very gullible, seeing as how you EVADED every single one of my questions.

Don't worry, you're not alone. There are support groups for people like you, whether or not you can't get anyone to like you.

Answer the questions.
31-08-2023 20:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:

It would appear that you believe yourself to be very gullible, seeing as how you EVADED every single one of my questions.

Don't worry, you're not alone. There are support groups for people like you, whether or not you can't get anyone to like you.

Answer the questions.

Dude the only reason that you believe that everyone must answer your questions is because of your delusions of grandeur that have made you the king of the internet in your own feeble mind. So you must really accept that no one answers to you, and that no one on the Earth takes you seriously. However I do find you amusing

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
01-09-2023 04:39
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I believe there is quantum computing, just not magic quantum computers. These are related, but separate approaches to a different kind of computer.

Traditional computers use transistors as switches. The simplest, most basic use of a transistor. Which has been good enough for decades. But, a transistor can be used for so many other things, besides a simple switch. I don't believe there is an actual quantum physics computer. There is a different silicon-based architecture, still using transistors, that emulate how a quantum computer should work. It's really clever marketing, since creating the new hardware is expensive, and unknown if they can achieve major improvements in speed and power. They know they have to design and fabricate a lot of generations of the processors, and see what happens, improve on them. Lot of time and money to invest, with little to market for a while. There have been software emulations for a while, running on traditional computers.

The terminology loosely still applies, since the goal is to simulate the quantum physics theory of operation with silicon transistors. There does seem to be projects, where some researchers are trying to harness actual quantum particles, which aren't working out so well. But, if people are willing to pay... And the people willing to pay, don't really understand which approach they are funding, or even care.

For most people, they barely use the processing power of the computers they already have. The need for more powerful computers is mainly commercial, industrial, and government. I think the goal is to reduce the need of individual computers in the population. We will get reduced to communication devices, that access central computers. Laptops have already been reduced in many cases. Very little resources on the device, that connects to the 'cloud' for storage, and online apps to do the work. All subscription based, of course... Secure, is a relative term with these services. The devices and services will still share what you work on, marketing data, government surveillance.
01-09-2023 07:56
(14420)
HarveyH55 wrote:I believe there is quantum computing, just not magic quantum computers.

Then you must have some idea of what that means, because thus far, the term "quantum computing" is entirely a hardware thing, i.e. splitting photons, applying a physical gate to each half, transporting the two halves to their distantly separate respective locations and then writing at least one digital value to one of the entangled photon halves.

Not only does this explain why there are no quantum computers, it also explains by extension, why there is no quantum computing.

Am I mistaken in some regard?

In your opinion, can quantum computing be accomplished on standard computers? If so, how does this type of "computing" differ from the standard computing that we enjoy today?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-09-2023 13:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I believe there is quantum computing, just not magic quantum computers. These are related, but separate approaches to a different kind of computer.

Traditional computers use transistors as switches. The simplest, most basic use of a transistor. Which has been good enough for decades. But, a transistor can be used for so many other things, besides a simple switch. I don't believe there is an actual quantum physics computer. There is a different silicon-based architecture, still using transistors, that emulate how a quantum computer should work. It's really clever marketing, since creating the new hardware is expensive, and unknown if they can achieve major improvements in speed and power. They know they have to design and fabricate a lot of generations of the processors, and see what happens, improve on them. Lot of time and money to invest, with little to market for a while. There have been software emulations for a while, running on traditional computers.

The terminology loosely still applies, since the goal is to simulate the quantum physics theory of operation with silicon transistors. There does seem to be projects, where some researchers are trying to harness actual quantum particles, which aren't working out so well. But, if people are willing to pay... And the people willing to pay, don't really understand which approach they are funding, or even care.

For most people, they barely use the processing power of the computers they already have. The need for more powerful computers is mainly commercial, industrial, and government. I think the goal is to reduce the need of individual computers in the population. We will get reduced to communication devices, that access central computers. Laptops have already been reduced in many cases. Very little resources on the device, that connects to the 'cloud' for storage, and online apps to do the work. All subscription based, of course... Secure, is a relative term with these services. The devices and services will still share what you work on, marketing data, government surveillance.

Tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes entanglement impossible. Everyone needs your brilliance.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

01-09-2023 15:42
(14420)
Swan wrote:Tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes entanglement impossible. Everyone needs your brilliance.

You are very humorous when you are desperately defensive. At level 1 Swan panic, you try to reroute the delusion-busting discussion with an "Actually" followed by some unrelated topic.

At level 2 Swan panic, you fully pivot with a change of topic, clinging to some true statement that is safely irrelevant to the threatening point being established.

At level 3 Swan panic, you resort to assigning bogus positions while insisting others explain these positions they do not hold ... as you hope and pray that you can weather the storm long enough for it to just go away.

Let's throw your statement back at you and see how you deal with it:

1. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes entanglement possible. Everyone needs your brilliance.

2. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this enables your omniscience of the unobserved, distant past. Everyone needs your brilliance.

3. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this somehow makes amphibious animals not amphibious. Everyone needs your brilliance.

4. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes the FBI capable of performing all of the DoD's background investigations. Everyone needs your brilliance.

5. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this prevents two or more bonded atoms from being a molecule. Everyone needs your brilliance.

6. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes moraines out of ordinary stones. Everyone needs your brilliance.

7. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this transforms your relegation to living off what you can grow in your garden into a right to run down people in the park. Everyone needs your brilliance.

01-09-2023 17:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
This might help you a little, or at least make you less annoying - when a person says "i read such and such on the internet", the fact that it was read on the internet doesn't give it any more credibility than the things you say. It means that the internet statement should be read with an appropriate level of doubt. It's kind of like a caution to avoid too much reliance on the statement.
01-09-2023 17:58
(14420)
keepit wrote:ibd,
This might help you a little, or at least make you less annoying - when a person says "i read such and such on the internet", the fact that it was read on the internet doesn't give it any more credibility than the things you say. It means that the internet statement should be read with an appropriate level of doubt. It's kind of like a caution to avoid too much reliance on the statement.

So when you applied the appropriate level of doubt to the IBM ad, what did you end up concluding?

01-09-2023 18:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
That i should get a better understanding of quantum computing. You should too because you're just bickering without knowing what you're talking about.
01-09-2023 18:56
(14420)
keepit wrote:That i should get a better understanding of quantum computing. You should too because you're just bickering without knowing what you're talking about.

How do you plan on getting a better understanding if you keep pushing back on those who try to help you by giving you correct answers?

Quantum computing, as defined by writing digital values to entangle photons, is not possible according to physics. If you are going to follow scams that assure you that it is nonetheless somehow possible, you will be wasting your time and you will be begging to be mocked for your gullibility.

Enjoy.

01-09-2023 19:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
You're not helpful because you've lost your credibility.
01-09-2023 19:09
(14420)
keepit wrote: ibd, You're not helpful because you've lost your credibility.

keepit, you're beyond help because you have become too stupid to learn. You consider someone trying to help you as being enough to lose his credibility. But then again, you've always been a moron. You certainly enjoy bliss.

01-09-2023 20:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
I'm not gullible. I don't believe a thing you say.

You are gullible. You don't believe anything IBDaMann says, because you are believing your religions instead.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-09-2023 20:29
(21600)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Answer the questions.

Dude the only reason that you believe that everyone must answer your questions is because of your delusions of grandeur that have made you the king of the internet in your own feeble mind. So you must really accept that no one answers to you, and that no one on the Earth takes you seriously. However I do find you amusing

Since you choose to not answer IBDaMann's questions, you are only admitting that you do not know the answer or are unwilling to face the answer.

You would rather pivot instead.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-09-2023 20:42
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:

No different. They are simply being marketed as magick quantum computers.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Traditional computers use transistors as switches. The simplest, most basic use of a transistor. Which has been good enough for decades.

Still is.
HarveyH55 wrote:
But, a transistor can be used for so many other things, besides a simple switch.

Yes. So?
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't believe there is an actual quantum physics computer. There is a different silicon-based architecture, still using transistors, that emulate how a quantum computer should work.

There is no 'emulation'. There is no such thing as a 'quantum computer'.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's really clever marketing, since creating the new hardware is expensive, and unknown if they can achieve major improvements in speed and power. They know they have to design and fabricate a lot of generations of the processors, and see what happens, improve on them. Lot of time and money to invest, with little to market for a while.

It's not privately developed. It's paid for by government grants.
HarveyH55 wrote:
There have been software emulations for a while, running on traditional computers.

Not possible. There is no 'emulation' of something that is not possible and does not exist.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The terminology loosely still applies, since the goal is to simulate the quantum physics theory of operation with silicon transistors.

It is 'terminology' and nothing else. It is word games. Computer do not need to 'simulate' quantum physics theories. The theories can speak for themselves.
HarveyH55 wrote:
There does seem to be projects, where some researchers are trying to harness actual quantum particles, which aren't working out so well. But, if people are willing to pay... And the people willing to pay, don't really understand which approach they are funding, or even care.

What's a 'quantum particle'?
HarveyH55 wrote:
For most people, they barely use the processing power of the computers they already have.

True.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The need for more powerful computers is mainly commercial, industrial, and government. I think the goal is to reduce the need of individual computers in the population. We will get reduced to communication devices, that access central computers.

The first purpose of any computer is not to computer, but to communicate. A computer that cannot communicate is little more than a brain in a jar. ALL of the character codes we use, including Baudot, ASCII, JAS, etc. are TELEGRAPHY codes.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Laptops have already been reduced in many cases. Very little resources on the device, that connects to the 'cloud' for storage, and online apps to do the work. All subscription based, of course...

You are referring to the 'web' tablets and 'dumb' laptops. There are just used to access the web.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Secure, is a relative term with these services. The devices and services will still share what you work on, marketing data, government surveillance.

Just like your phone, isn't it?

You can always unplug.

The Parrot Killer

01-09-2023 20:43
(21600)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Tell us ...
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

02-09-2023 00:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes entanglement impossible. Everyone needs your brilliance.

You are very humorous when you are desperately defensive. At level 1 Swan panic, you try to reroute the delusion-busting discussion with an "Actually" followed by some unrelated topic.

At level 2 Swan panic, you fully pivot with a change of topic, clinging to some true statement that is safely irrelevant to the threatening point being established.

At level 3 Swan panic, you resort to assigning bogus positions while insisting others explain these positions they do not hold ... as you hope and pray that you can weather the storm long enough for it to just go away.

1. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes entanglement possible. Everyone needs your brilliance.

2. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this enables your omniscience of the unobserved, distant past. Everyone needs your brilliance.

3. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this somehow makes amphibious animals not amphibious. Everyone needs your brilliance.

4. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes the FBI capable of performing all of the DoD's background investigations. Everyone needs your brilliance.

5. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this prevents two or more bonded atoms from being a molecule. Everyone needs your brilliance.

6. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this makes moraines out of ordinary stones. Everyone needs your brilliance.

7. Swan, tell us more about your belief that the Earth is flat and how this transforms your relegation to living off what you can grow in your garden into a right to run down people in the park. Everyone needs your brilliance.

If stephen king wrote that I would still not read it. But at least you had fun writing it for no one.

ULTRA MAGA

02-09-2023 02:24
(14420)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

If stephen king wrote that I would still not read it. But at least you had fun writing it for no one.

Well, I did write it for you, and you read every word, so I'm happy.

... but you really should get off the computer and spend a little more quality time with your eggplants.

02-09-2023 04:11
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I just read the whole quantum ibm article and didn't get much out of it. Seemed mostly like a bunch of buzzwords that i didn't understand.
02-09-2023 05:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
What is this thing about splitting photons in two? You're not confusing "beam splitting" with quantum computers are you?
02-09-2023 06:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

... but you really should get off the computer and spend a little more quality time with your eggplants.

If you post one or two sentences then I read, any more than that I just laugh and move on as I marvel at the local manic depressive clown whos delusions of grandeur tell him that everyone reads his rambles.

CIAO

ULTRA MAGA

02-09-2023 08:56
(21600)
keepit wrote:
I just read the whole quantum ibm article and didn't get much out of it. Seemed mostly like a bunch of buzzwords that i didn't understand.

That's okay. It mostly was just that.

The Parrot Killer

02-09-2023 08:57
(21600)
keepit wrote:
What is this thing about splitting photons in two? You're not confusing "beam splitting" with quantum computers are you?

Beam splitters do not split a photon into two.

The Parrot Killer

02-09-2023 08:58
(21600)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

If you post one or two sentences then I read, any more than that I just laugh and move on as I marvel at the local manic depressive clown whos delusions of grandeur tell him that everyone reads his rambles.

CIAO
Argument of the Stone fallacy, Sock.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 02-09-2023 08:58
02-09-2023 16:41
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:I believe there is quantum computing, just not magic quantum computers.

Then you must have some idea of what that means, because thus far, the term "quantum computing" is entirely a hardware thing, i.e. splitting photons, applying a physical gate to each half, transporting the two halves to their distantly separate respective locations and then writing at least one digital value to one of the entangled photon halves.

Not only does this explain why there are no quantum computers, it also explains by extension, why there is no quantum computing.

Am I mistaken in some regard?

In your opinion, can quantum computing be accomplished on standard computers? If so, how does this type of "computing" differ from the standard computing that we enjoy today?

I tend to believe that most of the entangled photon stuff is crap. A mental game, with no practical application... Science for the insane. But, there seems to be a work-around the entangled crap, and use transistor for more than simple switches. Instead of two voltage states representing a 1 or 0, it can be any voltage, between the supply voltage, or a narrower range below that. The 'qubit' represents many states. A transistor can do that. What to do with these qubits has already been worked out, simulated on traditional computers, even an operating system. The 'quantum' computers are still transistor based, optimized for this new operating system logic. The new hardware would relieve the software of a lot of work and resources, and should run faster. Faster than just writing the program to run on the tradition computer to begin with, debatable. We do seem to have hit the wall on how much can be done with microprocessors. New chips are multi-core, rather than larger bytes, or higher clock speeds. Part of it might be that peripherals would need an upgrade as well, to accommodate. Mostly it's power consumption and heat. A heatsink and a fan wouldn't be enough to keep the chip cool enough. But, these 'quantum' computers already have that cooling problem, since more states for each bit, means the chip has to remain at a stable, more precise temperature.
02-09-2023 18:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I don't remember who mentioned splitting photons in two but could you explain what you're talking about?

I see now, it was ibd who mentioned splitting photons. What did you mean?
Edited on 02-09-2023 18:14
02-09-2023 23:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

CIAO

Apology accepted

ULTRA MAGA

03-09-2023 09:57
(14420)
keepit wrote:I don't remember who mentioned splitting photons in two but could you explain what you're talking about?

That's the photon "entanglement" part of the scam. There is no such thing as splitting a photon. Max Planck established the concept of EM quanta. This means you can't really have a fraction of a quantum, thus you can't have half a photon. Nonetheless, the purveyors of the scam developed a phony sales pitch for the consumption of the "gullible & greedy."

The narrative holds that quantum computing is performed by splitting photons. The sales pitch tells the scientifically illiterate marks that once you split a photon, the two halves always behave the same way, no matter how far apart they are, because of strange magic that exists in the quantum world. No such magic exists, but the scam says it does, and people like you rush to believe, and fools and their money are quickly parted. The idea is that you split a photon, put one half in register A, and send register A to one side of the solar system/galaxy/universe and then put the other half in register B, and send register B to the other side of the solar system/galaxy/universe. Then, you write a "1" to the half in register A, and the half in register B instantly assumes the value of "1". Instead of data being limited to C (the speed of light in a vacuum), it is now instantaneous, no matter the distance.

This is only the first part of the scam. I'll get to the second part below. First I want to unpack the first part. If you ask how anyone plans to "split" a photon, you will be told that "scientists" leverage the topological phase of light that hosts Majorana bosons, and with recent advancements in photonics, scientists can avoid instabilities by making dissipative fermionic systems, enabling the generation of novel topological steady states. Of course, this is 20-lbs of bullshit in a 10-lbs bag, but it doesn't matter because the world is full of people like you and Swan who just eat this shit up and impulsively whip out the checkbook, ready to buy. Then when you ask how anyone can write a value to a photon or half-photon, you will be told that a Hadamard gate is applied to the photon which simply rotates the Bloch sphere by pi radians in the direction needed. If you ask to see one of these "Hadamard gates" or mention that you still don't see how a value or a gate can be applied to a photon, you will be condescendingly told that quantum mechanics is very tricky and very complicated, and that you shouldn't try to wrap your head around it because, after all, you aren't a scientist. When you ask how two halves of a photon can just simply behave the same, instantly in real time, you will be told that it is just the strange magic of the quantum world. If you ask who has split a photon and written a value to one of the halves and had the other half instantly assume that value, you will be told that nameless "scientists" have perfected it and are doing it every day, and that there is no longer any debate on the matter, only for how long the split photons remain "stable." When you ask how anyone can grab the half photons once they are split, contain them, transport them to arbitrary locations and store them for use in registers, you will be told that the photons are simply entangled in a circular optical fiber with the direction of the photon corresponding to its assigned value. When you ask how that response somehow answers your previous question, you will be told that the values are already contained right there in the circle with as repeaters inserted as necessary. When you ask how that response somehow answers your previous question, you will be told that the stability of the photons is of primary concern and that once the photons are in the circle, they can be released onto the path of any register desired. When you ask how anyone can even find photon halves to even write values to them when the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle explains how that is impossible, you will be told that the photons are split in a known location. When you ask how you can just watch a live demonstration of one of these quantum computing events, you will be told that this is industry secret stuff because it's big money and everybody is everybody else's competition. When you ask why this all happens to look exactly like a scam, you will be shown this picture with an eye roll and asked condescendingly to explain again how the moon landing was a hoax and how the earth is really flat.

Now, the second part of the scam holds that the first part of the scam isn't anywhere ridiculous enough to make for a world class scam on the level of making legends, so they take it to the next level. Once they have you accepting photon-splitting, Hadamard gates and writing digital values, they introduce to you the concept of "superposition." This concept builds incalculable excitement in stages. The first stage describes qubits as being able to be both a zero and a one at the same time. People like you become impressed and say "Wow, tell me more!" Then the superposition idea morphs into qubits being two bits instead of one, so each qubit can be 0,0 or 0,1 or 1,0 or 1,1. Then people like you start feeling this irresistible urge to scream at the top of your lungs "I gotta get me summa dis!" Then, when your appetite is whetted, they reel you in and tell you that superposition allows millions of values to be written to one single qubit, with all the values superpositioned on top of each other. This is when people like Swan have an orgasm and rush to buy penny stocks in no-name companies that issue press releases making claims about the new record they set by 2 milliseconds in creating a stable photon entanglement.

When you ask which superposition meaning is actually the correct one, you will be told that they all are; that it all depends on which type of gate is applied. When you ask how a qubit with multiple "superimposed" values is of any use and how any register will know which of the values to use, you will be told that quantum computers just know, which is why quantum computers are much better for certain types of problems. When you ask how the quantum computer "just knows" which value to use when it is looking at a qubit holding many values, you will be told not to worry, that all the values are processed concurrently and that solutions are computed in parallel. When you ask why this somehow cannot be performed on regular computers, you will be told that regular computers cannot run programs that require bits to have more than one value at a time.

This is what it means. Enjoy.

[*FIND-QUANTUMCOMPUTINGSCAM]

03-09-2023 12:59
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:I don't remember who mentioned splitting photons in two but could you explain what you're talking about?

That's the photon "entanglement" part of the scam. There is no such thing as splitting a photon. Max Planck established the concept of EM quanta. This means you can't really have a fraction of a quantum, thus you can't have half a photon. Nonetheless, the purveyors of the scam developed a phony sales pitch for the consumption of the "gullible & greedy."

Too bad you don't understand the differences of photons and quants.

https://physics.aps.org/story/v10/st3

Only fools keep denying man made climate change.
03-09-2023 18:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
RW,
What is the definition of "quant" in the usage here?
03-09-2023 18:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
Like is said, i don't believe a word you say. There's too much baloney mixed in with a few accurate statements. It's not worth sorting it out.
03-09-2023 20:08
(21600)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Apology...
Mantra 40a. 3S

The Parrot Killer

03-09-2023 20:13
(21600)
Robert Wagner wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Too bad you don't understand the differences of photons and quants.

https://physics.aps.org/story/v10/st3

He just explained the difference to you, twit. Your Holy Link describing the 'splitting of a photon' is BS.

The Parrot Killer

03-09-2023 22:33
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
keepit wrote:
RW,
What is the definition of "quant" in the usage here?

(physics) the smallest discrete quantity of some physical property that a system can possess (according to quantum theory)

Lots of photons have more energy than the least energetic photon.

And you're absolutely right about ibd (see picture)

Only fools keep denying man made climate change.
Attached image:

Edited on 03-09-2023 22:56
04-09-2023 01:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
RW,
So, taking energy of a photon as a quantum number of a photon, the taking a quant would mean taking part of a photons energy (not the photon itself) and sending it in a different direction would be, in effect, transmitting information?

Thanks for your reply.

On the other hand, if you take the photon's energy and send it to two places or more, is there anything left of the photon?

ibd-these questions are for RW, Robert Wagner, not you.
Edited on 04-09-2023 02:08
04-09-2023 01:58
(14420)
keepit wrote:ibd, Like is said, i don't believe a word you say.

Wait a minute, why do you then ask me questions? Why do you come to me for answers?

keepit wrote: There's too much baloney mixed in with a few accurate statements.

How do you pretend to know this when you don't know anything about the subject matter and you can't distinguish baloney from accurate statements?

keepit wrote: It's not worth sorting it out.

Why do you pretend you are somehow able to sort it out?

You really do write the stupidest shit, and then contradict yourself with more stupid shit.

Just put all your money into quantum computing and be done with it. In fact, why haven't you done so already? Is it because you understand and accept everything I wrote?

04-09-2023 11:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:ibd, Like is said, i don't believe a word you say.

Wait a minute, why do you then ask me questions? Why do you come to me for answers?

keepit wrote: There's too much baloney mixed in with a few accurate statements.

How do you pretend to know this when you don't know anything about the subject matter and you can't distinguish baloney from accurate statements?

keepit wrote: It's not worth sorting it out.

Why do you pretend you are somehow able to sort it out?

You really do write the stupidest shit, and then contradict yourself with more stupid shit.

Just put all your money into quantum computing and be done with it. In fact, why haven't you done so already? Is it because you understand and accept everything I wrote?

Why are you talking to yourself again

ULTRA MAGA

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate IBM quantum experience:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever1407-10-2023 19:05
A personal experience for climate change deniers23029-09-2023 14:37
Better than Quantum Computing525-07-2023 00:11
QUANTUM COMPUTING ON A COMMODORE 64 IN 200 LINES OF BASIC305-07-2023 18:48
IBM's 127 qubit Eagle chip out benchmarked two supercomputers. Holy Schmoly1523-06-2023 15:01
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact