▼ Content

Gravity fed electrical generation system

Page 16 of 16<<<141516
27-07-2022 06:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
James_ wrote:
Hydrocarbons come from burning fuel. When hydrocarbons interact with nitrous oxide, ozone is generated. Ozone is also caused by lightning.
With the layers of the atmosphere, the tropopause is between the troposphere and the stratosphere (ozone layer). The tropopause can get as cold as -51º C. or
-60º F. The stratosphere can get as warms as 0º C. or 32º F. before cooling further away from the Earth's surface.

With the tropopause it is considered a cold, empty space.

I'm just curious why your pretty picture would depict an f-16 fighting falcon with a maximum service ceiling around 50,000 ft. flying well above the ozone layer.

Any comment?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

Edited on 27-07-2022 06:32
27-07-2022 07:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James_ wrote:
NOx is also and ODS (ozone depleting substance). So maybe there is good CO2 and bad CO2 depending on its source?

So generating ozone deplete ozone...gotit.

This might help you to better understand it.

What? Your paradox? No, James. A paradox is a paradox. You have to clear it or remain irrational.
James_ wrote:
Ozone in the troposphere is pollution

So a thunderstorm is causing 'pollution'....right.
James_ wrote:
and is harmful to plant life as well

So rain from thunderstorms harms plants....right.
James_ wrote:
as allowing for smog.

Ozone isn't smog.
James_ wrote:
In the stratosphere it is a shield that limits how much UV radiation makes it into the troposphere.

It could be described that way.
James_ wrote:
The experiment that I am pursuing would show a different source for stratospheric ozone (ozone layer).

So you want to falsify the Chapman cycle....right.
James_ wrote:
[quote]We examine measurements from three aircraft platforms from the INTEX-B campaign, including a Canadian Cessna taking vertical profiles of ozone near Whistler Peak.

Pretty meaningless, since ozone changes from place to place and with time.
James_ wrote:
The contribution to the mean simulated ozone profiles over Whistler is at least 7.2ppbv for Asian anthropogenic emissions and at least 3.5ppbv for lightning NOx emissions.

It is not possible to measure the source of ozone. It doesn't come with a tag saying where it's from.
James_ wrote:
https://www.academia.edu/2016143/Trans_Pacific_transport_of_reactive_nitrogen_and_ozone_to_Canada_during_spring?email_work_card=view-paper

Holy Links do you no good. They only show you can't think for yourself. All you can do is cut and paste.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-07-2022 07:52
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
So its not the cars in L.A. that create the smog

What smog?
duncan61 wrote:
and getting your car smog certified is not real either

It's real, it exists, for all the good it does (almost nothing).

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-07-2022 07:54
(21599)
James_ wrote:
Hydrocarbons come from burning fuel.

Hydrocarbons do not come from burning fuel.
James_ wrote:
When hydrocarbons interact with nitrous oxide,

They don't react.
James_ wrote:
ozone is generated.

Ozone contains no nitrogen, hydrogen, nor carbon.
James_ wrote:
Ozone is also caused by lightning.
...removed unrelated material used to make you 'sound smart'....

So?

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2022 08:17
(21599)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James_ wrote:
Hydrocarbons come from burning fuel. When hydrocarbons interact with nitrous oxide, ozone is generated. Ozone is also caused by lightning.
With the layers of the atmosphere, the tropopause is between the troposphere and the stratosphere (ozone layer). The tropopause can get as cold as -51º C. or
-60º F. The stratosphere can get as warms as 0º C. or 32º F. before cooling further away from the Earth's surface.

I'm just curious why your pretty picture would depict an f-16 fighting falcon with a maximum service ceiling around 50,000 ft. flying well above the ozone layer.

Any comment?

The tropopause (where the troposphere and the stratosphere meet is generally at about 47,000 feet (flight level 470). It can appear as low as 25,000 feet (FL250). Passenger jets routinely try to fly at or just below the tropopause, as the jet engine is most efficient there.

The stratosphere begins at the tropopause and extends up to about 164000 feet (FL1640). No jets fly that high. The ozone layer is basically throughout the stratosphere, but is most concentrated near the bottom (about FL500) where the ozone is formed by the action of UV-B sunlight on oxygen (absorbing UV-B light, so less reaches the surface). These are the so-called 'burning' rays, destroying skin cells instead of optically polarizing them (the way UV-A light gives you a suntan).

As the ozone layer builds each day, less and less UV-B reaches the surface. You will no longer burn. Just tan. For the fair skinned in solar intensive areas (such as the tropics or desert regions), it's pretty safe to go out and enjoy the Sun after 2-3pm, as the ozone layer is built up by then.

In the upper stratosphere, ozone is destroyed by the action of UV-C light (which absorbs it). The ozone reverts back to oxygen. Because of this, UV-C light from the Sun does not reach the surface at all (Good thing! THAT frequency is extremely destructive to retinas and skin tissue!). UV-C light IS generated by arc welding and similar apparatus, and you must take serious precautions to protect yourself from that harsh light and anyone nearby must do the same.

Flame welding does not generate UV-C light. You can use fairly light protection with that kind of welding. Even sunglasses work pretty well. A bystander can look directly at the flame or the hot iron and not be harmed.

Turning oxygen into ozone is an endothermic reaction. It requires thermal energy to run. That energy is taken from the surrounding air, cooling it. This is why the base of the stratosphere is so cold. It is where ozone is being formed.

Turning ozone into oxygen is an exothermic reaction. It gives off thermal energy when it occurs. That energy dissipates into the surrounding air, heating it. That is why the top of the stratosphere is warmer than the base. This is the reason for the temperature inversion in the stratosphere.

Despite the increase in temperature, total energy is still decreasing with altitude. This is because the air is getting very thin, and contains much less mass. Thermal energy is likewise thin, since mass is required for it. Temperature is average thermal energy, not total thermal energy.

The highest flying plane is an SR71, which has a ceiling of around 80,000 feet (FL800).
In other words, NO planes fly higher than the stratosphere (extending to FL1640, and with it, the ozone layer).

So the diagram is wrong.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2022 15:20
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James_ wrote:

Any comment?

They're actually referencing a spy plane. It's actually kind of sad that's all you could comment on, "look at their reference plane". I mean it probably didn't matter to you that the stratosphere can be warmer than the tropopause.
Is this image better? And if you notice the cloud quits rising and has a flat top. Really?
Attached image:

Edited on 27-07-2022 15:21
27-07-2022 15:23
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James_ wrote:

Any comment?

The tropopause (where the troposphere and the stratosphere meet is generally at about 47,000 feet (flight level 470). It can appear as low as 25,000 feet (FL250). Passenger jets routinely try to fly at or just below the tropopause, as the jet engine is most efficient there.

The stratosphere begins at the tropopause and extends up to about 164000 feet (FL1640). No jets fly that high. The ozone layer is basically throughout the stratosphere, but is most concentrated near the bottom (about FL500) where the ozone is formed by the action of UV-B sunlight on oxygen (absorbing UV-B light, so less reaches the surface). These are the so-called 'burning' rays, destroying skin cells instead of optically polarizing them (the way UV-A light gives you a suntan).

As the ozone layer builds each day, less and less UV-B reaches the surface. You will no longer burn. Just tan. For the fair skinned in solar intensive areas (such as the tropics or desert regions), it's pretty safe to go out and enjoy the Sun after 2-3pm, as the ozone layer is built up by then.

In the upper stratosphere, ozone is destroyed by the action of UV-C light (which absorbs it). The ozone reverts back to oxygen. Because of this, UV-C light from the Sun does not reach the surface at all (Good thing! THAT frequency is extremely destructive to retinas and skin tissue!). UV-C light IS generated by arc welding and similar apparatus, and you must take serious precautions to protect yourself from that harsh light and anyone nearby must do the same.

Flame welding does not generate UV-C light. You can use fairly light protection with that kind of welding. Even sunglasses work pretty well. A bystander can look directly at the flame or the hot iron and not be harmed.

Turning oxygen into ozone is an endothermic reaction. It requires thermal energy to run. That energy is taken from the surrounding air, cooling it. This is why the base of the stratosphere is so cold. It is where ozone is being formed.

Turning ozone into oxygen is an exothermic reaction. It gives off thermal energy when it occurs. That energy dissipates into the surrounding air, heating it. That is why the top of the stratosphere is warmer than the base. This is the reason for the temperature inversion in the stratosphere.

Despite the increase in temperature, total energy is still decreasing with altitude. This is because the air is getting very thin, and contains much less mass. Thermal energy is likewise thin, since mass is required for it. Temperature is average thermal energy, not total thermal energy.

The highest flying plane is an SR71, which has a ceiling of around 80,000 feet (FL800).
In other words, NO planes fly higher than the stratosphere (extending to FL1640, and with it, the ozone layer).

So the diagram is wrong.

That's some nice parroting.
27-07-2022 15:32
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

They don't react.
James_ wrote:
ozone is generated.

James_ wrote:

So?

And you have no interest in atmospheric chemistry. Nitrous oxide
contains oxygen. There is both oxygen and nitrogen present in the combustion chamber when fuel is ignited. You seem to have forgotten that nitrogen is the most common gas in the atmosphere.
27-07-2022 19:20
(21599)
James_ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James_ wrote:

Any comment?

They're actually referencing a spy plane. It's actually kind of sad that's all you could comment on, "look at their reference plane". I mean it probably didn't matter to you that the stratosphere can be warmer than the tropopause.
Is this image better? And if you notice the cloud quits rising and has a flat top. Really?

Nope. No plane flies above the stratosphere (and the ozone layer).

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2022 19:21
(21599)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James_ wrote:

Any comment?

So the diagram is wrong.

Of what?

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2022 19:23
(21599)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

James_ wrote:

They don't react.
James_ wrote:
ozone is generated.

James_ wrote:

So?

And you have no interest in atmospheric chemistry. Nitrous oxide
contains oxygen. There is both oxygen and nitrogen present in the combustion chamber when fuel is ignited. You seem to have forgotten that nitrogen is the most common gas in the atmosphere.

Nitrous oxide requires pretty high temperatures to form that way. Temperatures in the combustion chamber of a modern car aren't high enough.

The Parrot Killer

RE: planes ceiling's28-07-2022 13:30
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
How high did the X15 get

duncan61
Edited on 28-07-2022 13:35
28-07-2022 17:04
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

Of what?

Figure it out for yourself.
28-07-2022 19:21
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
How high did the X15 get

The X15 is a rocket.

The highest altitude recorded by this craft was 354,000 ft (FL354).

The Parrot Killer

28-07-2022 19:22
(21599)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

Of what?

Okay. You have no argument (again).

The Parrot Killer

07-08-2022 22:49
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

Of what?

Okay. You have no argument (again).

It's a shame dehammer couldn't do any research on his own topic. Then he would've known what pressure head and flow rate could generate how much electricity. And then when the system is only 60% efficient, how much energy would need to be generated to break even?
That part is on him and him alone. Nothing can be built if it's not understood what is being built or why. Church teaches faith while math teaches that nothing happens without work of some kind being performed.
I mean he's probably one of those people who says that perpetual motion is impossible because it requires work to build something. And how to avoid looking bad when you don't do any work? Go IBDaMann and go 2 church.
Besides, with the experiment that I've been pursuing and have actually worked at it, it might show how to improve the efficiency of fuel cell membranes. This is strictly for desalination purposes or hydrogen generation for hydrogen powered vehicles.
The Hindenburg used hydrogen gas to stay aloft. Hydrogen can burn. Maybe that could be considered as well when powering motor vehicles?
Edited on 07-08-2022 22:51
09-08-2022 21:25
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
With what I am pursuing it might help to improve desalination. No one has ever shown that a sequence like CO2 + H2O > CH2O + O2 happens naturally. That is a fusion process and H + OH > H2O is a fusion process.
If I can show that a decrease in both atmospheric pressure and temperature encourages such reactions then it might help with the hydrogen fuel cell process as well. This would be observed in the number of reactions per square centimeter of the surface area of the membrane.
And if a free energy system like a Bessler Wheel is used to generate electricity with then using a propane type cooling system might work. That would be using chemistry to remove heat to encourage a chemical reaction.
And as for myself I'll probably be starting my own business. It'd be developing and making free energy systems like Bessler's Wheel and wind turbines. And by spending years learning math and the associated science I'll be able to work in a way that I can understand. And when I needed a rest for my book, I built one (attached image, my book is resting at an angle).
It is a shame when people have ideas and don't think they're something that they'd like to work on themselves. Kind of why I'll be planning on starting my own business.
Even today I have time to open a calculus and work at math. This will help me to be able to design my own products. I look at is as a working retirement.
Attached image:

Edited on 09-08-2022 21:26
11-08-2022 03:59
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
I have been in contact with my local congressman's office and they know about my experiment.
They asked me for information into my research on greenhouse gasses or pollution helping to restore the ozone layer.
If they like my research then it is possible that they'll present it to the House's Energy and Commerce Committee (they let me know why they were asking for more information). The IPCC has associated CO2 and CH4 with the recovery of the ozone layer.
And Congressman Barr's office knows that atmospheric forcing is when CO2, O2, H2O and N2O are moved into the stratosphere. What is its source? Pollution or a source of NMVOCs (none methane organic volatile organic compounds). On my website I do cite PhD level research that could allow for my observations.
And if that committee likes my research then it is always possible that I'll be asked to testify before that committee. The information I gave was very limited but appearing before a committee can last several hours. With climate change and atmospheric chemistry, days would be the better answer. Everything I say would be scrutinized and verified.
And yet I did show where the IPCC said that greenhouse gasses are helping the ozone layer to recover. And we need the ozone layer. Why ozone depleting substances have been banned or limited.
And with me, if my experiment works then CO2 and water vapor is responsible for the IPCC's observations. What is the solution?
If all works out, you guys will say you know me. After all, on Facebook my background image was made by IBDM.
https://www.facebook.com/james.lindgaard
Attached image:

Edited on 11-08-2022 04:54
11-08-2022 04:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
James_ wrote:I have been in contact with my local congressman's office and they know about my experiment.

James__, I have some bad news, your congressman's office knows about your experiment, but you didn't talk to your congressman and the office doesn't care about it. The wrote a note to tell you that the congressman is aware of your experiment and that he wishes you the best in your research, but they're not in the business of creating science. They probably wonder why you called.

James_ wrote:They asked me for information into my research on greenhouse gasses or pollution helping to restore the ozone layer.

They wanted to give you the appearance that they cared about you, because they want to ensure the congressman gets reelected. In fact, that's their only responsibility.

James_ wrote: If they like my research then it is possible that they'll present it to the House's Energy and Commerce Committee (they let me know why they were asking for more information). The IPCC has associated CO2 and CH4 with the recovery of the ozone layer.

Your congressman is not in the business of making science. He is in the business of getting reelected.

James_ wrote: And Congressman Barr's office knows that atmospheric forcing is when CO2, O2, H2O and N2O are moved into the stratosphere.

No, they do not know that. They aren't in the business of making science. You went to the wrong place. It would have been different if you had presented research on how CO2, O2, H2O and N2O affect horses. Andy Barr is the co-chair of the Congressional Horse Caucus.

There is no Van Allen belt-Ozone Depletion Caucus, nor is there any Congressional caucus for Bessler wheels that cannot complete one full rotation.

James_ wrote: On my website I do cite PhD level research that could allow for my observations.

Everything allows you to observe things. Peanut butter allows for you to make observations.
11-08-2022 05:15
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:

Everything allows you to observe things. Peanut butter allows for you to make observations.

There really isn't any reason to excuse the IPCC's report. The real problem might be why no one spoke up but me.
11-08-2022 06:30
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
James_ wrote:I have been in contact with my local congressman's office
Did you try McConnell's office? You may get farther with him trying to waste taxpayer time and money. Given his ties to China, he's always good for a trillion.

James_ wrote:And we need the ozone layer. Why ozone depleting substances have been banned or limited.
I was unaware darkness had been banned. Looking out my window now I'd say someone needs to be arrested.

James_ wrote:If all works out, you guys will be charging your electric hovercrafts with a James_ logo Besslar and grabbing a gnarly tailwind wild ride on the Norwegian Jet Stream.

IBdaMann wrote:Peanut butter allows for you to make observations.

I have not observed Sven lately. You? Has he become the latest victim of self induced peanut butter stuffing?
Edited on 11-08-2022 06:33
11-08-2022 06:35
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James_ wrote:I have been in contact with my local congressman's office
Did you try McConnell's office? You may get further with him trying to waste taxpayer time and money. Given his ties to China, he's always good for a trillion.

James_ wrote:And we need the ozone layer. Why ozone depleting substances have been banned or limited.
I was unaware darkness had been banned. Looking out my window now I'd say someone needs to be arrested.

James_ wrote:If all works out, you guys will be charging your electric hovercrafts with a James_ logo Besslar and grabbing a tailwind wild ride on the Norwegian Jet Stream.

I have not observed Sven lately. You? Has he become the latest victim of self induced peanut butter stuffing?

You can do better GasGuzzler. Just say no to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcnR5zmFaXQ

Which is hotter? Her signing or?
Edited on 11-08-2022 06:35
11-08-2022 06:39
(14414)
James_ wrote: If all works out, you guys will say you know me. After all, on Facebook my background image was made by IBDM.
https://www.facebook.com/james.lindgaard

That explains why it's so outstanding. Let me know if you want another.

James__, the peanut butter I have allowed for observations of your Bessler wheel ... and I made one. I wish you the best on your Bessler wheel, but besides the fact that you are trying to defy thermodynamics, there's another problem that I noticed from watching your wheel complete its 90-degree journey.

After making a quarter-rotation ... it ends up "backing up" a little while the next weight slides down. The first extended weight obviously rotates to the bottom, swings out a bit beyond plumb, and at the point that the next weight starts to slide down, the weight at the bottom begins to swing back the other way, like a pendulum, causing your Bessler wheel to rotate the wrong way for a few degrees. Is your Bessler wheel intended to rotate back and forth like a metronome? Are you secretly trying to have your Bessler wheel generate AC current instead of DC current?

Anyway, this is a rather substantial problem if your plan is to have your Bessler wheel rotating forever in one direction.

11-08-2022 06:52
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:I was unaware darkness had been banned. Looking out my window now I'd say someone needs to be arrested.

Sven is the culprit. He has been allowing for the earth to rotate and plunge different places into a kind of "night time".

GasGuzzler wrote:

Actually, he spends almost all his time creating illicit darkness, really doing a number on the ozone layer. It's like he's a semi-global terrorist, engaged in creating a pandemisphere ... you know, Van Allen belt, formaldehyde, peanut butter, etc...

I don't know what's gotten into him. I'm thinking about sending either Frank or Ralph to talk some sense into him.
11-08-2022 07:01
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:I was unaware darkness had been banned. Looking out my window now I'd say someone needs to be arrested.

Sven is the culprit. He has been allowing for the earth to rotate and plunge different places into a kind of "night time".

GasGuzzler wrote:

Actually, he spends almost all his time creating illicit darkness, really doing a number on the ozone layer. It's like he's a semi-global terrorist, engaged in creating a pandemisphere ... you know, Van Allen belt, formaldehyde, peanut butter, etc...

I don't know what's gotten into him. I'm thinking about sending either Frank or Ralph to talk some sense into him.

It is sad that you missed it. It'd be a cool experiment. There is what the IPCC has observed. They failed to explain how such gasses got into the stratosphere. Atmospheric forcing is merely a flow of gasses from the troposphere into the stratosphere because of the jet steam.
Page 16 of 16<<<141516

Join the debate Gravity fed electrical generation system:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Gravity1030-03-2024 02:38
Gravity Has Energy Debate3303-02-2024 17:02
The USA electricity system - Hourly billing.?10802-02-2024 20:52
The Weather, Climate Change Are Revealing The Truth Of This Corrupt Society System5010-01-2023 16:48
Russia just hacked the US emergency alert system, and in more important news the FBI is001-09-2022 13:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact