Remember me
▼ Content

Good News! There's No Censorship!

Good News! There's No Censorship!03-02-2021 09:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
I caught a video of Tucker Carlson in which he discussed NYU's "study" which concluded that social media does not censor conservatives, and that such claims are part of an ongoing disinformation plot by conservatives.

Obviously the study is completely on the up-and-up. NYU didn't initiate the "study" out of a purely self-motivated academic pursuit. Instead, NYU was funded by a completely neutral big tech billionaire Craig Newmark (founder of CraigsList and principal funder of Joe Biden's campaign). The totally coincidental occurrence of the study's results corroborating what Newmark has been insisting all along only lends credibility to the veracity of the study.

The clincher in my book is that none of the well stated conclusions in the study were artificially "forced" by any data from Twitter. The study was 100% written from nothing but common sense.

I recommend everyone read it.

"The claim of anti-conservative animus on the part of social media companies is itself a form of disinformation: a falsehood with no reliable evidence to support it."

I know many of you are very busy so I'll post the "study's" executive summary right here:

FALSE ACCUSATION:
by Paul M. Barrett and J. Grant Sims
The Unfounded Claim that Social Media Companies Censor Conservatives

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Conservatives commonly accuse the major social media companies of censoring the political right. In response to Twitter's decision on January 8, 2021, to exclude him from the platform, then-President Donald Trump accused the company of "banning free speech" in coordination with "the Democrats and Radical Left."

Two days earlier, Trump had included the ideological bias claim in an incendiary address to supporters, some of whom then participated in a riot inside the U.S. Capitol. "The radical left tries to blacklist you on social media," Trump said in his speech. "They don't let the message get out nearly as they should."

This accusation—that social media platforms suppress conservatives—riles a Republican base that has long distrusted the mainstream media and is prone to seeing public events as being shaped by murky liberal plots.

On a policy level, the bias claim serves as a basis for Republican attacks on Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, the federal law that protects platforms from liability associated with user posts and content moderation decisions. But the claim of anti-conservative animus is itself a form of disinformation: a falsehood with no reliable evidence to support it. No trustworthy large scale studies have determined that conservative content is being removed for ideological reasons or that searches are being manipulated to favor liberal interests.

Even anecdotal evidence of supposed bias tends to crumble under close examination. Take Trump's exclusion from Twitter and Facebook. These actions, while unprecedented, were reasonable responses to Trump's repeated violation of platform rules against undermining election results and inciting violence. If anything, the platforms previously had given Trump a notably wide berth because of his position, seeking to appease him, despite his demagogic and routinely false claims.

Trump has been the leading purveyor of the bias accusation, but it will not recede with the end of his presidency. In his quest to remain politically relevant, Trump almost certainly will continue to press the case via far-right media channels and/or right-wing online platforms like Parler and Gab. After getting kicked off Twitter, Trump said he might set up a platform of his own. Other Republican politicians likewise will maintain the accusation, in no small part because it resonates so powerfully with so many GOP voters.

Part 1 of this report provides an introduction and thematic overview. Part 2
charts the rise and spread of the bias claim, analyzing its various manifestations. Part 3 assesses available data showing that conservatives enjoy a prominent place on major social media platforms—a situation unlikely to be true if conservatives were being systematically suppressed. Part 4 offers a series of recommendations to the platforms and the administration of President Joe Biden, as they each consider how to respond to the bias claim. We offer a thumbnail version of those recommendations on the following page.

Good stuff.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 03-02-2021 09:26
03-02-2021 17:27
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3302)
IBdaMann wrote:
I caught a video of Tucker Carlson in which he discussed NYU's "study" which concluded that social media does not censor conservatives, and that such claims are part of an ongoing disinformation plot by conservatives.

Interesting... I suppose that these were "experts" who "conducted" the "study", eh?

Well, I conducted a study of my own during the 2020 Presidential/Prime Minister Election/Installation cycle, and I found that most every tweet that President Trump put out was censored and/or had a propaganda blurb from Twatter under it, while ZERO... count 'em, ZERO tweets that now Prime Minster Biden put out were censored and/or propaganda blurbed... I also found that if prominent conservatives choose to post word for word what prominent leftists have already posted, it is the conservative who gets suspended, not the leftist. My study has concluded that social media DOES censor conservatives, and that such denials of censorship are part of an ongoing disinformation plot by leftists.
03-02-2021 21:43
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Are the charts and graphs, in hockey-stick format? They are so clear, and easy to read, you just know they represent the gospel truth

Join the debate Good News! There's No Censorship!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Breaking News. Liberal turd Dianne Feinstein croaked and as such I will mourn in my030-09-2023 02:00
Breaking News- Please call 843-963-3600, if you have seen our crashed F35 Lego jet219-09-2023 14:52
fox news3516-09-2023 13:27
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact