duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
My next move is to discuss the term coral bleaching.Now this term is just wrong
14-03-2021 15:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
duncan61 wrote:
Because it originally formed from plants, coal contains mostly carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Coal helped create the carbon-based branch of chemistry we call "organic chemistry." When coal is heated in the absence of air, its complex mixture breaks down into simpler forms.23 Oct 2019.I am enjoying this.I am just searching and copying stuff but I am learning new stuff which is why I joined this forum.ITN you stated you did not know how coal formed so you are out and IBDM you stated come to me with the hard stuff and I have cunningly led you to a hard place.You are beaten oik so give up now.I can call it fossil fuel with impunity

I mentioned previously that Politiplex is a reference site with lots of good information. You should have availed yourself.

Coal is not a Fossil
Hydrocarbons are not Fossils (and are renewable)

Attached image:

14-03-2021 16:06
(14450)
duncan61 wrote:My next move is to discuss the term coral bleaching.Now this term is just wrong

You can discuss the term or you can reference Politiplex and eliminate any need to do so.

Coral Bleaching Debunked
Ocean Acidification Debunked

Duncan, when Pete Rogers has you bent over furniture, does he make you repeat "OAE (Ocean Acidification Effect) is caused by GRAVITY. OAE is caused by GRAVITY. OAE is caused by GRAVITY. OAE is caused by GRAVITY. OAE is caused by GRAVITY. OAE is caused by GRAVITY. OAE is caused by GRAVITY."?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-03-2021 22:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21624)
duncan61 wrote:
Because it originally formed from plants, coal contains mostly carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen.

Coal contains no hydrogen, oxygen, or nitrogen. Coal is carbon. Only carbon.
duncan61 wrote:
Coal helped create the carbon-based branch of chemistry we call "organic chemistry."

No. Chemists simply named chemistry relating to carbon compounds "organic chemistry". Coal does not name anything.
duncan61 wrote:
When coal is heated in the absence of air, its complex mixture breaks down into simpler forms.

Coal is carbon. It is not a complex mixture.
duncan61 wrote:
23 Oct 2019.I am enjoying this.I am just searching and copying stuff but I am learning new stuff which is why I joined this forum.

Apparently you are having trouble learning.
duncan61 wrote:
ITN you stated you did not know how coal formed so you are out

The origin of coal is unknown. I am not "out". I am still here.
duncan61 wrote:
and IBDM you stated come to me with the hard stuff and I have cunningly led you to a hard place.

You have led no one anywhere. You seem to have trouble with carbon.
duncan61 wrote:
You are beaten oik so give up now.

Assumption of victory fallacy.
duncan61 wrote:
I can call it fossil fuel with impunity

No. Coal is not a fossil. It is carbon. Carbon is an element, not a fossil. Fossils don't burn. There is no such thing as a 'fossil fuel'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 14-03-2021 22:25
14-03-2021 23:46
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Coal is mostly carbon with variable amounts of other elements; chiefly hydrogen, sulfur, oxygen, and nitrogen. Coal is formed when dead plant matter decays into peat and is converted into coal by the heat and pressure of deep burial over millions of years.

I am sticking with this people
15-03-2021 00:19
(14450)
duncan61 wrote:Coal is mostly carbon with variable amounts of other elements;

Hey moron, the word for all of that is "impurities." Go back and re-read the previous posts ... for comprehension this time. The word "impurities" was specifically used for this reason.

Why are you totally agreeing with Into the Night and me while at the same time pretending that you are totally disagreeing? Why are you making an outright performance of standing on both sides of the fence?

duncan61 wrote: Coal is formed when dead plant matter decays into peat and is converted into coal by the heat and pressure of deep burial over millions of years.

You are supposed to be explaining why a rational adult should believe you, not simply regurgitating what someone else told you to write. There is no "heat and pressure" from simple burial. No human has ever witnessed coal form in the earth.

Have you synthesized coal in a lab? Can it only be done with organic matter? Don't think your EVASION of all the relevant questions has gone unnoticed. You are dishonest in every post.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-03-2021 00:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Because it originally formed from plants, coal contains mostly carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Coal helped create the carbon-based branch of chemistry we call "organic chemistry." When coal is heated in the absence of air, its complex mixture breaks down into simpler forms.23 Oct 2019.I am enjoying this.I am just searching and copying stuff but I am learning new stuff which is why I joined this forum.ITN you stated you did not know how coal formed so you are out and IBDM you stated come to me with the hard stuff and I have cunningly led you to a hard place.You are beaten oik so give up now.I can call it fossil fuel with impunity

I mentioned previously that Politiplex is a reference site with lots of good information. You should have availed yourself.

Coal is not a Fossil

That's funny. I needed a good laugh.

When did you realize that coal is not a fossil? Still, it's a "fossil" fuel. At the same time, the bones of a dinosaur are not fossils. It's what's around them that is the "fossil".
The "leaves" in this limestone makes the limestone a fossil. And with "fossil fuels", it's the prehistoric rock that encases them that makes them fossil fuels.

Attached image:

Edited on 15-03-2021 00:29
15-03-2021 03:59
(14450)
Re:
Coal is not a Fossil

James___ wrote:When did you realize that coal is not a fossil?

If you had been paying attention, you would know that I have been saying that for a long time.

James___ wrote: Still, it's a "fossil" fuel.

Nope. Why would you even think that, especially knowing that coal is not a fossil?

James___ wrote: At the same time, the bones of a dinosaur are not fossils.

If they provide information of the previously living organism that created them then yes, they are clearly fossils then.

James___ wrote: The "leaves" in this limestone makes the limestone a fossil.

Nope. The limestone is not the fossil. The impression which provides information about the previously living organism that created it is the fossil.

James___ wrote: And with "fossil fuels", it's the prehistoric rock that encases them that makes them fossil fuels.

The age of something other than fossils is irrelevant in determining fossils.

Attached image:

15-03-2021 04:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
Re:
Coal is not a Fossil

James___ wrote:When did you realize that coal is not a fossil?

If you had been paying attention, you would know that I have been saying that for a long time.

James___ wrote: Still, it's a "fossil" fuel.

Nope. Why would you even think that, especially knowing that coal is not a fossil?

James___ wrote: At the same time, the bones of a dinosaur are not fossils.

If they provide information of the previously living organism that created them then yes, they are clearly fossils then.

James___ wrote: The "leaves" in this limestone makes the limestone a fossil.

Nope. The limestone is not the fossil. The impression which provides information about the previously living organism that created it is the fossil.
James___ wrote: And with "fossil fuels", it's the prehistoric rock that encases them that makes them fossil fuels.

The age of something other than fossils is irrelevant in determining fossils.

And those mushrooms that you've taken have left an impression on your mind?
And you say that;
The impression which provides information about the previously living organism that created it is the fossil.

Then if fuels are created by organisms which leave an impression in the surrounding strata, then they are what?
15-03-2021 04:36
(14450)
James___ wrote:Then if fuels are created by organisms which leave an impression in the surrounding strata, then they are what?

QUESTION (fill in the blank): Because the fuels offer no information about the previously living organisms from which they come, they cannot be __________________?

15-03-2021 04:43
(21624)
duncan61 wrote:
Coal is mostly carbon with variable amounts of other elements;

Nope. Coal is carbon. Nothing else.
duncan61 wrote:
chiefly hydrogen, sulfur, oxygen, and nitrogen.

None in coal.
duncan61 wrote:
Coal is formed when dead plant matter decays into peat and is converted into coal by the heat and pressure of deep burial over millions of years.

How do you know? Were you there?
duncan61 wrote:
I am sticking with this people

Okay. So you are sticking with your religion.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-03-2021 04:59
(21624)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Coal is not a Fossil

That's funny. I needed a good laugh.

When did you realize that coal is not a fossil?

Coal is an element. It is carbon.
James___ wrote:
Still, it's a "fossil" fuel.

There is no such thing as a fossil fuel. Fossils don't burn.
James___ wrote:
At the same time, the bones of a dinosaur are not fossils.

Correct. They are bones.
James___ wrote:
It's what's around them that is the "fossil".

No. What's around them is a dinosaur.
James___ wrote:
The "leaves" in this limestone makes the limestone a fossil.

Nope. The image of a plant or animal left as a void in stone is a fossil, or the animal or bone turned to stone is a fossil.

Coal may have fossils in it, but they are impurities. They do not burn.

James___ wrote:
And with "fossil fuels",
[quote]James___ wrote:
it's the prehistoric rock that encases them that makes them fossil fuels.

The Parrot Killer

15-03-2021 06:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And you're searching for a trigger. You're hoping to get a reaction from such an ignorant post. Kind of why I think of you as a Shadow Warrior. It is in my opinion that is what "Into the Night" alludes to.
And your last 2 quotes of me are correct. I made it into one quote.

James___ wrote:
And with "fossil fuels",

I'm just not sure why you and IBDM debate something so basic. Am starting to think that you guys thought that bones are fossils when they aren't. When some bones are removed from rock by using tools to break apart the rock, the fossil is being destroyed.
I just watched a show about this yesterday. There's a park in Alberta, Canada that has so many fossils in which they find prehistoric bones.
When paleontologists refer to finding fossils, they should be saying fossilized remains. But Engleske might not be my first language so have to know what you Amerikanners are saying, yeah?
This is to Dinosaur Provincial Park.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x5372a94f2f268645%3A0xcb1c80811e4dbec7!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNOn11POGnUXcqBSHi8u8OKS6mHuY9Qc6yjp4r6%3Dw213-h160-k-no!5salberta%2C%20canada%20prehistoric%20boneyard%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNOn11POGnUXcqBSHi8u8OKS6mHuY9Qc6yjp4r6&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdjvu8tbHvAhUuAp0JHQOvBSkQoiowEnoECCAQAw

And there's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lww6Y4hlQR4

p.s., not to be an a$$hole but don't you guys ever watch TV? You should try it sometime.

Edited on 15-03-2021 06:15
15-03-2021 15:31
(14450)
James___ wrote: This is to Dinosaur Provincial Park.

Tell me about it. Paleontologists are drooling over the latest archaeological dig there. Back in January surveyors discovered a fully preserved Commodore Amiga and now the international community is talking about the next rewrite of the fossil record.

Attached image:

15-03-2021 19:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
ibd,
Could you demonstrate your knowledge of radiometric dating by describing what you don't consider valid?
Edited on 15-03-2021 19:13
15-03-2021 19:45
(14450)
keepit wrote:ibd, Could you demonstrate your knowledge of radiometric dating by describing what you don't consider valid?

Your question makes no sense. There are infinite things that are invalid wrt radiometric dating. One example is using peanut butter encrusted with Rice Crispies to determine the correct measuring method. That is one invalidity. There are infinitely more.

15-03-2021 19:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Peanut butter you say? Not much of an answer ibd. I sure doesn't demonstrate any significant knowledge.
15-03-2021 19:53
(14450)
keepit wrote:
Peanut butter you say? Not much of an answer ibd. I sure doesn't demonstrate any significant knowledge.

You have to first demonstrate reading comprehension by understanding, and properly responding to, my posts.

15-03-2021 19:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Baloney.
15-03-2021 20:18
(14450)
keepit wrote:Baloney.

I never said there was ever any hope for you.

15-03-2021 20:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Still no significant answer demonstrating knowledge. You're full of it.
Edited on 15-03-2021 20:27
15-03-2021 20:51
(21624)
James___ wrote:
And you're searching for a trigger. You're hoping to get a reaction from such an ignorant post. Kind of why I think of you as a Shadow Warrior. It is in my opinion that is what "Into the Night" alludes to.

Psychoquackery. I am not seeking a response from you when posting.
James___ wrote:
And your last 2 quotes of me are correct. I made it into one quote.

James___ wrote:
And with "fossil fuels",

Rock surrounding coal is not coal, dumbass.
James___ wrote:
I'm just not sure why you and IBDM debate something so basic.

Okay. This is basic. Rock surrounding coal is not coal, dumbass.
James___ wrote:
Am starting to think that you guys thought that bones are fossils when they aren't.

Bones aren't coal, dumbass. Pivot fallacy.
James___ wrote:
When some bones are removed from rock by using tools to break apart the rock, the fossil is being destroyed.

Irrelevance fallacy.
James___ wrote:
I just watched a show about this yesterday. There's a park in Alberta, Canada that has so many fossils in which they find prehistoric bones.

Irrelevance fallacy.

...deleted remaining random wanderings....

The Parrot Killer

15-03-2021 20:52
(21624)
keepit wrote:
Still no significant answer demonstrating knowledge. You're full of it.

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

15-03-2021 20:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
rqaa
16-03-2021 13:24
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
If coal is pure carbon how is there different types.I am searching and posting what I find relevant how is that being dishonest.
16-03-2021 13:34
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
noun
a combustible black or dark brown rock consisting chiefly of carbonized plant matter, found mainly in underground seams and used as fuel.

Coal is formed when dead plant matter submerged in swamp environments is subjected to the geological forces of heat and pressure over hundreds of millions of years. Over time, the plant matter transforms from moist, low-carbon peat, to coal, an energy- and carbon-dense black or brownish-black sedimentary rock.18 Dec 2017

Coal | Definition of Coal at Dictionary.comwww.dictionary.com › browse › coal
noun. a black or dark-brown combustible mineral substance consisting of carbonized vegetable matter, used as a fuel. Compare anthracite, bituminous coal, lignite. a piece of glowing, charred, or burned wood or other combustible substance.
So all these people are wrong and you are right.Fascinating
16-03-2021 14:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Tell me about it. Paleontologists are drooling over the latest archaeological dig there. Back in January surveyors discovered a fully preserved Commodore Amiga and now the international community is talking about the next rewrite of the fossil record.

Are you still using yours?
16-03-2021 18:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I don't think coal is pure carbon. I think diamonds are the purest form of carbon. There are Kentucky coal mines. Bur oddly, no Kentucky diamond mines. You can find diamonds in Arkansas, but there is no coal mines... But states seem to consume large volumes of corn whiskey.
16-03-2021 18:57
(14450)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Are you still using yours?

Of course! How do you think I power my global distributed network and the earth's magnetosphere from my living room?
Attached image:

16-03-2021 19:03
(14450)
HarveyH55 wrote: I don't think coal is pure carbon. I think diamonds are the purest form of carbon. There are Kentucky coal mines. Bur oddly, no Kentucky diamond mines. You can find diamonds in Arkansas, but there is no coal mines... But states seem to consume large volumes of corn whiskey.

Harvey, coal, diamonds, graphite and others are just carbon. They are what are called "allotropes" (as opposed to isotopes) which are different arrangement of the atoms. Graphite, for example, is carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal crystaline formation.

All are purely carbon atoms.

Edited on 16-03-2021 19:04
16-03-2021 19:15
(21624)
duncan61 wrote:
If coal is pure carbon how is there different types.I am searching and posting what I find relevant how is that being dishonest.

Coal is pure carbon. Different types are simply different levels of impurities in it. The impurities don't burn.

The Parrot Killer

16-03-2021 19:16
(21624)
duncan61 wrote:
noun
a combustible black or dark brown rock consisting chiefly of carbonized plant matter, found mainly in underground seams and used as fuel.

Coal is formed when dead plant matter submerged in swamp environments is subjected to the geological forces of heat and pressure over hundreds of millions of years. Over time, the plant matter transforms from moist, low-carbon peat, to coal, an energy- and carbon-dense black or brownish-black sedimentary rock.18 Dec 2017

Coal | Definition of Coal at Dictionary.comwww.dictionary.com › browse › coal
noun. a black or dark-brown combustible mineral substance consisting of carbonized vegetable matter, used as a fuel. Compare anthracite, bituminous coal, lignite. a piece of glowing, charred, or burned wood or other combustible substance.
So all these people are wrong and you are right.Fascinating

Dictionaries do not define words. No dictionary owns any word. False authority fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

16-03-2021 19:17
(21624)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't think coal is pure carbon. I think diamonds are the purest form of carbon. There are Kentucky coal mines. Bur oddly, no Kentucky diamond mines. You can find diamonds in Arkansas, but there is no coal mines... But states seem to consume large volumes of corn whiskey.

Coal is pure carbon. The only difference is how much other stuff is mixed in with the coal. That other stuff doesn't burn and must be cleaned periodically from the furnace, known as 'clinker'.

Pure carbon can take many forms. It's a very versatile atom, able to bond with itself in a variety of different ways.

It can be an extremely fine powder, known as 'float carbon'. Nasty stuff. It gets everywhere.
Powdered carbon can be packed into a mass. Lumps of coal.
Graphite is carbon atoms in the shape of flat plate. This makes graphite (pure carbon) very slippery. It is sometimes used as a dry lubricant, or as a flow agent for some chemicals (such as some types of gunpowder).
Diamond is carbon atoms arranged in the shape of a tetrahedron. This is 'stackable', in other words, it has the ability to make a crystaline form...diamonds.

ALL of them are pure carbon.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 16-03-2021 19:22
16-03-2021 19:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Coal is pure carbon. The only difference is how much other stuff is mixed in with the coal. That other stuff doesn't burn and must be cleaned periodically from the furnace, known as 'clinker'.

Pure carbon can take many forms. It's a very versatile atom, able to bond with itself in a variety of different ways.

It can be an extremely fine powder, known as 'float carbon'. Nasty stuff. It gets everywhere.
Powdered carbon can be packed into a mass. Lumps of coal.
Graphite is carbon atoms in the shape of flat plate. This makes graphite (pure carbon) very slippery. It is sometimes used as a dry lubricant, or as a flow agent for some chemicals (such as some types of gunpowder).
Diamond is carbon atoms arranged in the shape of a tetrahedron. This is 'stackable', in other words, it has the ability to make a crystaline form...diamonds.

ALL of them are pure carbon.

I just love it when you paraphrase a website and act like you know that stuff.
Diamonds can burn like coal does. Didn't you know that? And once 2 carbon elements bond, they become a molecule. And depending on the number of elements in a molecule, that will determine the shape and properties of the matter it creates.
All molecules are stackable, sheesh. With diamonds it's how the carbon elements align with each other. This allows them to interlock with each other.
This is an example. And because they are a directional alignment, this can explain why diamonds allow light and heat to pass through them so easily. This is similar to magnets have a north and south configuration which allows them to bond with each other magnetically.
Attached image:

Edited on 16-03-2021 19:37
17-03-2021 00:03
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
You acuse me of dishonesty and evading and did not address the origion of coal only claimed the dictionary is wrong
17-03-2021 02:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
What is pure carbon?
What is impure carbon?
17-03-2021 02:39
(14450)
keepit wrote: What is pure carbon? What is impure carbon?

Ask the first child that passes by.

17-03-2021 02:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
What is pure carbon?
What is impure carbon?

There are different types of pure carbon. It's not a simple question to answer.
Diamonds are one type while coal is another. This is basically a discussion away from everything else.
17-03-2021 04:17
(21624)
duncan61 wrote:
You acuse me of dishonesty and evading and did not address the origion of coal only claimed the dictionary is wrong

The dictionary you used is wrong. The origin of coal is unknown. Dictionaries do not define any word. You cannot use them to define words. I have already answered your question. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 17-03-2021 04:18
17-03-2021 04:28
(14450)
duncan61 wrote: You acuse me of dishonesty and evading and did not address the origion of coal only claimed the dictionary is wrong

I did address the origin of coal. No human has ever observed coal form naturally.

Shall I state it again?

OK, sure thing. No human has ever observed coal form naturally.

You say you want it one more time? No human has ever observed coal form naturally.

You see, if you pull your standard boolsch't of claiming that you "never saw" the time I addressed the point of humanity never having observed coal form naturally, I can point to my other two times in this post and state that you are boolsch'tting.

From here we can logically conclude that your claims of "knowing" how coal forms naturally is just you lying about being omniscient, that's all.

Page 3 of 4<1234>

Join the debate Fossil fuels:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using fossil fuel is mass murder.!?3304-02-2024 08:12
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
ELECTRIC VEHICLES, THE GASOLINE PROBLEM, AND SYNTHETIC FUELS1319-10-2021 23:54
fossil fuel1313-01-2021 09:35
fossil fuel4430-12-2020 05:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact