Remember me
▼ Content

Droughts Continue in the West

Droughts Continue in the West28-04-2021 04:36
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
If only everybody could live in Florida. But Florida doesn't produce enough produce to feed people. Lemons, oranges and limes aren't enough to live on.
I read where California might need to decrease its agricultural production by 1 million acres. That would allow other farms to survive. If that happens, then the cost of produce, some nuts and even wine could increase.

This year is expected to be the driest ever for the East Bay, district officials told KGO. Much of the water supply comes from the Sierra foothills, which has only seen about 50% of its average yearly precipitation, the station reported.

The board of water utility, East Bay MUD (municipal utility district), is expected to declare a stage 1 drought this week, which would ask for a 10% voluntary reduction of water use district wide.
Dry conditions are prevalent in other parts of the West as well.

Eight states from South Dakota to Arizona are currently under red-flag warnings for critical fire danger due to strong winds from 40 to 60 mph, relative humidity as low as 5% and bone-dry conditions.

Earlier this month, Colorado state officials also announced more preparations for an extended fire season due to less-than-normal snowfall during the winter.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-droughts-continue-worsen-fire-season-approaches/story?id=77319488
28-04-2021 17:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
James___ wrote:
If only everybody could live in Florida.

I know, right?! Ron DeSantis is such an amazing MAGA-aligned governor, standing up and fighting for freedom and liberty in his State. Good for him!

James___ wrote:
But Florida doesn't produce enough produce to feed people. Lemons, oranges and limes aren't enough to live on.

You're right! Florida can't feed everyone.

I suggest that we ban the consumption of red meat, and eventually all meat, to help alleviate the hunger crisis in America. Limiting what a human is allowed to eat via prohibitions will obviously help solve world hunger, and we all know that the prohibition of alcohol worked out sooooo well in the past.

I also suggest that we place all of our "food eggs" into one basket (plants and plant-based items) so that when we experience a season of very low crop yield, there will be plenty of food available for everyone.

I, thirdly, suggest that we all become vegans and become just as pale skinned and malnourished as THEY are. After all, unscientific and biased epidemiological studies which make adjustments to their findings after the fact, in a manner akin to attempting the removal of eggs from cake batter, show that vegan diets are much healthier than meat based diets.

James___ wrote:
I read where California might need to decrease its agricultural production by 1 million acres. That would allow other farms to survive. If that happens, then the cost of produce, some nuts and even wine could increase.

Less agricultural production is very good. That will help feed more people. Price increases will also allow more people to be fed as well, so this is splendid news!

This year is expected to be the driest ever for the East Bay, district officials told KGO. Much of the water supply comes from the Sierra foothills, which has only seen about 50% of its average yearly precipitation, the station reported.

The board of water utility, East Bay MUD (municipal utility district), is expected to declare a stage 1 drought this week, which would ask for a 10% voluntary reduction of water use district wide.
Dry conditions are prevalent in other parts of the West as well.

Eight states from South Dakota to Arizona are currently under red-flag warnings for critical fire danger due to strong winds from 40 to 60 mph, relative humidity as low as 5% and bone-dry conditions.

Earlier this month, Colorado state officials also announced more preparations for an extended fire season due to less-than-normal snowfall during the winter.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/california-droughts-continue-worsen-fire-season-approaches/story?id=77319488
[/quote]
Such dry conditions are precisely why we should immediately stop eating red meat (or ANY meat for that matter) and put all of our eggs into the "plant basket", since we know that plants thrive in drought conditions and that humans are capable of gaining the most nutrition out of consuming fibrous plant matter rather than consuming meat and animal products.

We should be following government dietary guidelines instead, since they always know best, having a grain based foundation to our diet, with lots of fruits/vegetables mixed in, and only a small bit of meat and sweets... We should not be having a meat and animal product based foundation to our diet. That's bad; very bad.

/sarcasm
28-04-2021 18:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9190)

gfm7175 wrote:I suggest that we ban the consumption of red meat, and eventually all meat, to help alleviate the hunger crisis in America.

Banning consumption will only prompt riots, black markets and a proliferation of "for medical use only" consumption parlors.

What I suggest is that we outlaw hunger and strike at the problem at its core.

Problem solved.

28-04-2021 19:26
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3400)
When was the last time, California didn't declare a drought? Seems like it's a hip & trendy annual event, like setting wildfires. Why in the hell do the set off huge explosive devices, to announce the gender of their spawn, that managed to dodge the abortion clinic? When I first heard 'Gender Reveal Party', I thought it was some hippie thing, to guess the gender, since liberals have a dozen or so choices these days. Most of which, I have no clue what's the difference. You are either born male or female, the rest is buggery.
28-04-2021 20:58
James___
★★★★★
(4523)
gfm7175 wrote:

I suggest that we ban the consumption of red meat, and eventually all meat, to help alleviate the hunger crisis in America. Limiting what a human is allowed to eat via prohibitions will obviously help solve world hunger, and we all know that the prohibition of alcohol worked out sooooo well in the past.

/sarcasm

Sadly you missed it. The cost of meat will increase as the number of both ranches and livestock decrease. It seems that you are not aware that ranches in Texas, a Republican state have closed up shop because their part of the Ogallala Aquifer has dried up.
This article is from 2012 and to be sarcastic, what can grow without water?? And if they pump their part of the Ogallala Aquifer dry, then they're out of business permanently.

Water is a contentious issue across Texas, but tensions have been especially high in a 16-county groundwater conservation district stretching from south of Lubbock into the Panhandle, an area considered part of America's "breadbasket." There, farmers reliant on the slowly diminishing Ogallala are fighting to maintain their right to pump unrestricted amounts of water.

https://www.texastribune.org/2012/03/18/texas-farmers-regulators-battle-over-ogallala/

This link is to a pdf which will download and will need to be opened. It discusses how aquifers in Texas (the Ogallala) is stressed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiQhL-qwaHwAhW7F1kFHTuvDzsQFjAOegQIFhAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hillcountryalliance.org%2Fuploads%2FHCA%2FGroundwaterIssue.pdf&usg=AOvVaw29492mzeiHSqMqe3vq-6t3
28-04-2021 23:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9190)

HarveyH55 wrote:When was the last time, California didn't declare a drought?

He who declares a drought gets to assign the BLAME as well. In California, an opportunity to BLAME Climate Change becomes an obligation to declare a drought.

In California, the opportunity to BLAME Climate Change becomes an obligation to mismanage the forests and to prohibit controlled burns.

In California, the opportunity to BLAME Climate Change becomes an obligation to refer to illegal immigrants as Climate Refugees. This one is a bit tricky because California also uses illegal immigrants to BLAME systemic racism. Which one takes priority is often in dispute and doesn't allow for explanations as to why the illegal immigrants would all be coming to the US if it weren't much better than where they were before.
Attached image:

Join the debate Droughts Continue in the West:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
NEW HIGH TEMPERATURE RECORDS CONTINUE TO OUTPACE LOW619-06-2020 22:02
Fossil fuel will be much cheaper for China when West ban fossil fuel use?228-04-2019 18:10
Moving manufacturing from the west to Eastern Europe + Russia + Asia + Mexico + South America + Africa wi617-03-2019 10:06
Why did the West burn fossil fuels like there's no tomorrow during Cold War?606-03-2019 22:15
Wildfires, Flooding and Droughts Could Make Climate Change an Issue in 2020. Some Are Pushing for It to B106-03-2019 21:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact