Remember me
▼ Content

Desalination and evaporation of sea water at both poles

Desalination and evaporation of sea water at both poles15-11-2020 22:30
swejt
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
It's time to begin desalination and evaporation of sea water at both Poles during the winter to build ice and snow.
15-11-2020 23:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21694)
swejt wrote:
It's time to begin desalination and evaporation of sea water at both Poles during the winter to build ice and snow.

Water is desalinated by freezing and by evaporating. We don't have to do what nature already does.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-11-2020 23:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The surface area of Antartica is expanding already.Who is going to pay to attempt this task
17-11-2020 00:06
(21694)
duncan61 wrote:
The surface area of Antartica is expanding already.Who is going to pay to attempt this task

The surface area of Antarctica is expanding, but only due to it's volcanoes.
The ice on and around Antarctica is not Antarctica. It's just ice. Yes, the surface area of ice has expanded and contracted over the years...normal variance. In 2014, the maximum winter ice extent was the largest ever recorded.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 17-11-2020 00:07
19-11-2020 17:16
swejt
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
Perhaps one of the Salt producing companies would ne willing to build facilities there.
19-11-2020 19:15
(21694)
swejt wrote:
Perhaps one of the Salt producing companies would ne willing to build facilities there.

And how would that work exactly????

The Parrot Killer

19-11-2020 19:38
swejt
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
One possibility would be a Nuclear Power Plant to evaporate the sea water leaving a salt residue.
19-11-2020 21:08
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
swejt wrote:

I thought salt was dug up, like in Utah. Why waste energy on sea water? Fish evacuate their bowels in the ocean...

Too many people over season, high sodium raises the blood pressure. Causes all kinds of health issues. All that salt they dump on roads in the winter, really screw up cars. It's corrosive, and it's something car dealers sponsor ever year. Specially the shady Norwegian used car salesmen. Mostly, so they can keep selling you rusted out, piles of crap, that might last long enough to pay off.

We have plenty of fresh water. Honduras is getting a surplus of it right now. Florida got quite a bit these past two week. Literally falls from the sky.

I'm not against pillaging and plundering the planet, for stuff we need. But it makes no sense messing with shit, just because we can, just to see what happens. If we stop pumping oil out of the ground, and burning it. It'll just starting oozing up, in nasty puddles and ponds everywhere. Kids will go back to playing it, come home with ruined cloths, and that gooey crap stuck in their hair. Fortunately, most aren't likely to take up smoking, least tobacco anyway might catch on fire.
19-11-2020 21:43
(21694)
swejt wrote:
One possibility would be a Nuclear Power Plant to evaporate the sea water leaving a salt residue.

Desalination plants already exist in areas with little water except for seawater. They already produce salt. They may use evaporation to do it, but usually just use osmosis do it (it's cheaper).

Most salt is simply mined. It's cheaper. There no shortage of salt! See the prices at your local grocery store.

The Parrot Killer

19-11-2020 21:55
(21694)
HarveyH55 wrote:
swejt wrote:

I thought salt was dug up, like in Utah. Why waste energy on sea water?

It usually is. Salt is cheap. Most of it is mined.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Fish evacuate their bowels in the ocean...

That they do! Of course we also eat fish...

What something craps is food for another. Some fish eat what other fish crap. Plants, including algae, eat crap to make the plant. Then something comes along to eat the plant. Nice bit of recycling there!

HarveyH55 wrote:
Too many people over season, high sodium raises the blood pressure. Causes all kinds of health issues. All that salt they dump on roads in the winter, really screw up cars. It's corrosive, and it's something car dealers sponsor ever year. Specially the shady Norwegian used car salesmen. Mostly, so they can keep selling you rusted out, piles of crap, that might last long enough to pay off.

Salt on roads also destroys vegetation, not just corrodes cars and trucks. That stuff might wash into some farmer's field, salting it and making it unsuitable for farming. Fortunately, it doesn't affect the whole field.
HarveyH55 wrote:
We have plenty of fresh water. Honduras is getting a surplus of it right now. Florida got quite a bit these past two week. Literally falls from the sky.

Unfortunately, it's not uniformly distributed. While Florida gets plenty, Death Valley or Las Vegas or the middle of the Kahalari desert does not.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm not against pillaging and plundering the planet, for stuff we need.

Especially if it's renewable, like trees, oil, natural gas, water, etc.

HarveyH55 wrote:
But it makes no sense messing with shit, just because we can, just to see what happens. If we stop pumping oil out of the ground, and burning it. It'll just starting oozing up, in nasty puddles and ponds everywhere.

Eventually of course, it would.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Kids will go back to playing it, come home with ruined cloths, and that gooey crap stuck in their hair. Fortunately, most aren't likely to take up smoking, least tobacco anyway might catch on fire.

Interesting prospect. Teach your kids not to smoke so they can play in the local tar pit!

The Parrot Killer

19-11-2020 23:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I know where salt comes from and I have seen it
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Dampier Salt Limited (DSL), located in Western Australia and comprising three solar salt operations – Dampier, Port Hedland and Lake MacLeod – is the world's largest exporter of seaborne salt, with capacity to produce approximately 10.3 million tonnes every year. At our Lake MacLeod operations, we also mine and export gypsum to customers in Australia and Southeast Asia.

On the way to Quobba you go past the Lake mcleod operatian and a buddy once explained how they grow it.The sea water is let in at high tide then left to dry and they simply rake it up

Join the debate Desalination and evaporation of sea water at both poles:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
Lake Mead Water Levels Stage A Comeback?431-05-2023 23:03
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact