Remember me
▼ Content

Boeing 737 Max/Cargo


Boeing 737 Max/Cargo22-01-2020 21:06
keepit
★★★★☆
(1070)
Turn the Max into a cargo plane and sell it to someone. I'd fly it but i'm too old.
22-01-2020 22:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11285)
keepit wrote:
Turn the Max into a cargo plane and sell it to someone. I'd fly it but i'm too old.

The 737 series is already used for cargo. The Max would be no exception.


The Parrot Killer
22-01-2020 22:20
keepit
★★★★☆
(1070)
If worse comes to worse the plane shouldn't be totally wasted. A waste of resources adds to the CO2 in the atmosphere.
22-01-2020 22:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11285)
keepit wrote:
If worse comes to worse the plane shouldn't be totally wasted. A waste of resources adds to the CO2 in the atmosphere.


?? Aluminum doesn't contain CO2. A grounded plane is not adding anything to the atmosphere.

Why are you so afraid of CO2? It has no capability to warm the Earth, after all, and it's beneficial for plant life.


The Parrot Killer
23-01-2020 00:04
keepit
★★★★☆
(1070)
You misinterpret my post ITN. I was referring to the case where you wouldn't need to build another cargo plane if you used 737Max. That would result in less CO2 in the atmosphere.
23-01-2020 01:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11285)
keepit wrote:
You misinterpret my post ITN. I was referring to the case where you wouldn't need to build another cargo plane if you used 737Max. That would result in less CO2 in the atmosphere.

The 737 series is already used for cargo. The Max would be no exception. Aluminum does not contain CO2.

Why are you afraid of CO2?


The Parrot Killer
23-01-2020 01:06
keepit
★★★★☆
(1070)
CO2 causes global warming.
23-01-2020 02:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11285)
keepit wrote:
CO2 causes global warming.


It can't. No gas or vapor can create energy out of nothing. No gas or vapor can trap thermal energy or light.


The Parrot Killer
23-01-2020 03:08
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1642)
If the 737 Max, is crash prone, it's not going to matter if the plane is carrying people or cargo, it'll still crash the same. It sucks to lose a plane load of people. Sometimes, even a cargo plane can crash into populated areas, and still kill people. Although, a pilot would hopeful avoid that, if possible, looking for a potentially softer landing, and maybe surviving (slim chance).

I doubt the 737 Max will be grounded for ever, since the main issues seem to be sensors, reliance on automated systems, inexperienced, or poorly trained pilots.

Those planes will probably get renamed, once they get the issues mostly worked out. Expensive planes aren't going on the scrap heap.
23-01-2020 20:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11285)
HarveyH55 wrote:
If the 737 Max, is crash prone, it's not going to matter if the plane is carrying people or cargo, it'll still crash the same. It sucks to lose a plane load of people. Sometimes, even a cargo plane can crash into populated areas, and still kill people. Although, a pilot would hopeful avoid that, if possible, looking for a potentially softer landing, and maybe surviving (slim chance).

I doubt the 737 Max will be grounded for ever, since the main issues seem to be sensors, reliance on automated systems, inexperienced, or poorly trained pilots.

Those planes will probably get renamed, once they get the issues mostly worked out. Expensive planes aren't going on the scrap heap.


The problem with the sensors has been fixed. The current problem is a boot-up sequence failure that occasionally occurs. This happens when you first power up the on board computers.

The BIG problem with foreign pilots in some nations is reliance on automated systems. They are REQUIRED to rely on those systems. They have no path in their training to deal with any situation where a system might fail. That's just dangerous, and is the biggest reason why many foreign airlines are more dangerous than any in the U.S. Our pilots are just trained better, and it shows.


The Parrot Killer




Join the debate Boeing 737 Max/Cargo:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Boeing2824-12-2019 12:50
Lion Air 737 Max 8 Crash7530-10-2019 18:29
Max Planck and Pierre Prevost on Net Thermal Radiation and Net Heat3227-09-2019 02:43
Off topic... Boeing 737 Max 83525-03-2019 18:52
An MSc dissertation survey - takes 10 mins max2326-07-2016 17:51
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact