Remember me
▼ Content

Boeing Moving Out of Seattle?

Boeing Moving Out of Seattle?21-09-2020 17:31
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
I used to work for Boeing and when they say
The earlier decision to move some production to the non-union state of South Carolina was the culmination of a years-old board-led strategy to reduce reliance on Washington state, where Boeing has had stormy relations with unions in the past.

The union actually is hostile towards Boeing. I think today for someone to use a manual drill press to drill holes in parts makes $40 an hour. And Seattle is an expensive place to live as well.
I went to a Union 751 Local C meeting once and a union leader with the Port of Tacoma who was a guest speaker said that conditions improved there when the leader of their union who was hostile towards the Port of Tacoma was replaced.
It's interesting in a way that more affordable cities to live in, in the US don't have many jobs because large, expensive cities to live in have most of the jobs.
Washington state population; 7.615 million (2019)
Seattle metropolitan area population; 3,979,845

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boeing-gearing-787-move-south-100502896.html

And in the US, politicians are hostile towards the other party. No one can have what they want because the other party kept them from getting it.
21-09-2020 18:56
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
Unions suck! I work briefly at a cannery, where we had 60 days to join, at $45 a month. Job paid $4.25/hour. Never had to join, since the season was pretty much over. That was just Union dues. Heard about some other stuff you had to pay for, as member too. Didn't really get into reading up on it, as I didn't figure on a career. Was never picky about a job, any paycheck was a good thing. Tried to avoid Union jobs ever since. Fortunately, Florida is 'right-to-work' state, and you can't be forced into joining. Then again, an employer doesn't really need an excuse to fire either...
24-09-2020 05:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Unions suck! I work briefly at a cannery, where we had 60 days to join, at $45 a month. Job paid $4.25/hour. Never had to join, since the season was pretty much over. That was just Union dues. Heard about some other stuff you had to pay for, as member too. Didn't really get into reading up on it, as I didn't figure on a career. Was never picky about a job, any paycheck was a good thing. Tried to avoid Union jobs ever since. Fortunately, Florida is 'right-to-work' state, and you can't be forced into joining. Then again, an employer doesn't really need an excuse to fire either...

Canneries in the northwest actually relies on quotas. Most Americans don't know or understand what a cannery is. It's not pleasant work just as working on a processor is nothing more than many long days. These guys have no idea what you're talking about.
24-09-2020 08:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Kind of why me and my old man didn't get along. He loved fishing. But these guys won't understand that he didn't cast a fly or drop a pole in the water. And I don't care to explain it to them. But you know what I'm on about.

Join the debate Boeing Moving Out of Seattle?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Seattle woman kidnapped and held in cinderblock cage by BLM member003-08-2023 13:48
80 year moving average data8813-05-2020 01:32
Boeing 737 Max/Cargo923-01-2020 20:38
Boeing2824-12-2019 12:50
Off topic... Boeing 737 Max 83525-03-2019 18:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact