Remember me
▼ Content

Bill Nye, the science guy

Bill Nye, the science guy10-12-2020 19:51
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Bill Nye showed a couple of maps on tv. One showed where the percentage of people wearing masks and social distancing was great and and where it was small. The other one showed where the percentage of people with covid was great and where it was small.
You guessed it! Where masks were worn the percentage of people getting covid was much smaller.
Don't get confused over statistics here. Bill Nye did the statistics. Who do you trust?
10-12-2020 20:12
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
keepit wrote:
Bill Nye showed a couple of maps on tv. One showed where the percentage of people wearing masks and social distancing was great and and where it was small. The other one showed where the percentage of people with covid was great and where it was small.
You guessed it! Where masks were worn the percentage of people getting covid was much smaller.
Don't get confused over statistics here. Bill Nye did the statistics. Who do you trust?

Only scientifically illiterate morons allow themselves to be totally manipulated by Bill Lie's dishonesty.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-12-2020 20:15
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Bill Nye showed a couple of maps on tv.

Good for him.

keepit wrote:
One showed where the percentage of people wearing masks and social distancing was great and and where it was small.

I wonder how he figured all of that detailed information out... You know, since he didn't observe everybody simultaneously, and he apparently assumes that people never travel around... OR maybe, just maybe, he pulled those random numbers out of his ass... Yeah, I'm gonna go with that...

keepit wrote:
The other one showed where the percentage of people with covid was great and where it was small.

See above. Random numbers pulled out of one's ass are meaningless. Funny how he knows precisely which people have covid and don't have covid, and just assumes that people never travel around...

keepit wrote:

OF COURSE IT IS!!!!
More made up numbers...

keepit wrote:
Don't get confused over statistics here.

There were no statistics presented TO confuse... just random numbers...

keepit wrote:
Bill Nye did the statistics.

No he didn't. He just pulled out random numbers from his ass that, of course, happened to support his chosen narrative. You are falling for his BS.

keepit wrote:
Who do you trust?

NOT Bill Nye, that's for damn sure...
10-12-2020 20:16
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:

Only scientifically illiterate morons allow themselves to be totally manipulated by Bill Lie's dishonesty.

Bill Lie the Psyops Guy
10-12-2020 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Bill Nye showed a couple of maps on tv.

Bill Nye???? You are actually going to use him as a reference???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
keepit wrote:
One showed where the percentage of people wearing masks and social distancing was great and and where it was small.

Random numbers. Argument from randU fallacy.
keepit wrote:
The other one showed where the percentage of people with covid was great and where it was small.

Random numbers Argument from randU fallacy.
keepit wrote:

Of course. Bill Nye and friends constructed randU numbers to show just such a 'correlation'.
keepit wrote:
Don't get confused over statistics here.

You already are. Random numbers are not data.
keepit wrote:
Bill Nye did the statistics.

Bill Nye denies statistical math, just as you do.
keepit wrote:
Who do you trust?

Not who...what. I trust statistical math, something that both you and Bill Nye deny. Random numbers are not data, dude.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 10-12-2020 21:36
10-12-2020 22:02
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Isn't Bill Nye's resume a little light, with only a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering?

What were the demographics of his two study groups? No masks =downtown NYC, mask-wears, downtown Corn Husk, Nebraska (population 26)?
10-12-2020 22:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ITN and IBD,
I sure wouldn't use you guys as references.
10-12-2020 22:34
(21600)
keepit wrote:
ITN and IBD,

That's because you deny science and mathematics, just as Bill Nye does.

BTW, I didn't write any of the theories of science that you are denying. I didn't create statistical or probability mathematics either. You must deny them.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 10-12-2020 22:36
10-12-2020 23:18
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN and IBD,

I don't count?? Just them two are worth personally addressing??

Hmmmmm, guess I'm gonna have to up my game...
10-12-2020 23:23
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Isn't Bill Nye's resume a little light, with only a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering?

What were the demographics of his two study groups? No masks =downtown NYC, mask-wears, downtown Corn Husk, Nebraska (population 26)?

That's correct, from what I can remember... I just know that Bill Lie the Psyops Guy is no scientist... Feeding young children (such as me, as I was a young child in the 90s) lies on a TV show during the 90s does not make one a scientist... Even as a young child, I was not all too much into him nor his TV show...
10-12-2020 23:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
gfm,
So, if Bill Nye isn't made a scientist, what made you a scientist? You did say you were a scientist a couple weeks ago.
10-12-2020 23:45
(3314)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
So, if Bill Nye isn't made a scientist,

Bill is not a scientist. He denies science.

keepit wrote:
what made you a scientist?

For starters, I don't deny science.

keepit wrote:
You did say you were a scientist a couple weeks ago.

Correct, I did say that.
Edited on 10-12-2020 23:52
11-12-2020 02:16
(5197)
Which 'scientist' won more awards for they work, Al Gore, or Bill Nye?
11-12-2020 03:11
(14416)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN and IBD,

I don't count?? Just them two are worth personally addressing??

Hmmmmm, guess I'm gonna have to up my game...

You can have my slot, at least over the next four weeks, and perhaps beyond that. You'll have to know everything during that time but you are almost there. You'll do a fine job.

keepit, gfm7175 will field everything for me. Thanks.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-12-2020 05:10
(21600)
keepit wrote:
gfm,
So, if Bill Nye isn't made a scientist, what made you a scientist? You did say you were a scientist a couple weeks ago.

I am a scientist. I have developed theories of science. Theories in chemistry, electronics, and aerodynamics. Some of them have been falsified, others have not (yet).

You deny science. You deny the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. You deny the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

You deny mathematics, specifically probability and statistical mathematics.

You deny history.
You deny the Constitution of the United States.
You deny the constitutions of the several States.
You deny direct evidence.
You deny logic.

The Parrot Killer

11-12-2020 05:11
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Science isn't awards.

The Parrot Killer

11-12-2020 05:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ITN,
I affirm all those things. What's wrong with you.
11-12-2020 06:16
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Science isn't awards.

Neither are scientist either... I used quote marks.
11-12-2020 09:48
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
I wonder how he figured all of that detailed information out...
Always remember: Nothing can be known.

Except that there were millions of illegal votes (evidence pending).
11-12-2020 15:13
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Bogus position assignment.

tmiddles wrote:

There were. Evidence has been presented in numerous hearings (apparently the most recent GA hearing had some bombshell info at the beginning of it, but I haven't watched it for myself as of yet). You deny the existence of this evidence.

I'm curious to see what comes up in the WI hearing today.
11-12-2020 17:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Another thing Bill Nye pointed out about masks was this:

even though masks have .3 micron openings, just because a virion can barely sneak past the .3 micron hole there are layers of .3 micron holes and they aren't lined up with each other. In other words if the first layer misses the virion the second or third or fourth layer can capture the virion. Once captured the virion doesn't last very long before it becomes inactive.
11-12-2020 18:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:

even though masks have .3 micron openings, just because a virion can barely sneak past the .3 micron hole there are layers of .3 micron holes and they aren't lined up with each other. In other words if the first layer misses the virion the second or third or fourth layer can capture the virion. Once captured the virion doesn't last very long before it becomes inactive.

I stumbled out to the kitchen this morning to make my coffee. Half asleep I reached for the coffee filters. Damnit there was about 7 left and all stuck together. Screw it. I put all 7 in the coffee maker. Guess what? I still got coffee, albeit 30 seconds later than normal.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
11-12-2020 18:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
And this experience with coffee has destroyed your common sense?
11-12-2020 19:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:

Nope. It WOKE UP my common sense.

Just curious how many layers you think it takes to stop a particle 25-30 times smaller than the layer opening.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
11-12-2020 19:36
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
https://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553(07)00774-2/pdf

For exposures to infectious respiratory organisms, we are most concerned with the size and concentrations of aerosols generated during normal breathing, talking, coughing, and sneezing. One study found that particles from healthy subjects ranged from 0.09 to 3 mm particles. Concentrations ranged from 100 to 350 particles/L during normal breathing and 150 to 2000 particles/L during talking or coughing.19 Another showed concentrations ranging from 14 to greater than 3000 particles/L and an average particle size of 0.32mm.

The filters of most of these surgical masks will allow a large majority of wearer-generated particles to penetrate and will collect only a small percentage of airborne particles generated by infectious patients. Evenwhen equipped with filters demonstrating relatively high collection efficiency, 10% to 40% of particlesFig 1. Penetration (%) of latex spheres. (A) Dental Masks (A-C). (
Hospital masks (D-I).Oberg and Brosseau May 2008 279 will penetrate the face seal as a result of poor fit. For aerosols containing organisms with a low infectiousdose (eg, tuberculosis), this level of face seal leakage would not prevent a potentially infectious exposure during even a brief encounter with a patient generating
copious amounts of aerosol
.21-23 The poor performance of dental masks is of particular concern, given dental surgeons' close proximity to patients and the high aerosol concentrations generated by dentalprocedures.24

None of the surgical masks we evaluated met the filter or fit performance criteria for respiratory protection devices. We conclude that surgical masks do not offer protection comparable with that of respiratory protective devices (and are not certified by NIOSH as such)
11-12-2020 19:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Don't forget that most of the virions are contained in droplets. It is the droplets that are stopped by the many molecular layers of the mask. Then the liquid droplets containing the virions begin to evaporate and during this process and also because of time the virions become inactivated.
Some do sneak through but the masks do help. Check Bill Nye's maps of mask wearing vs covid infection rates to see the proof in the pudding.

Google Bill Nye and Flowing Data
Edited on 11-12-2020 19:57
11-12-2020 19:55
(14416)
keepit wrote:Some more confused errors from Bill Lie that I gullibly soaked up like a sponge:

Enough said ...

keepit wrote: even though masks have .3 micron openings,

Nope. Correct wording: Masks have strictly greater than 3 micron holes.

keepit wrote: ... just because a virion can barely sneak past the .3 micron hole

Nope. Correct wording: Just because a 120nm virus will float through a mask like its not even there, like an adult man trying to "squeeze" through an archway that is 150 ft high and 75 ft wide.

keepit wrote: ... there are layers of .3 micron holes and they aren't lined up with each other.

In other words, it doesn't matter if a man has to walk under three Arches of St. Louis, it's not going to be any more difficult than walking under that first one.

Yes, keepit, you are totally stupid for buying stupid crap from a liar who is desperate for attention.

11-12-2020 21:46
(5197)
How come Bill Nye isn't one the White House Task Force, for well, anything? Biden dozen seem interested either, but probably because of race and gender disqualifications. Bill Nye use to explain simplistic stuff to small minded children, who didn't know any better, on TV. He read a script. Right now, he's just reading a script, trying to tap in on all those small minded adults, who he indoctrinated, as children.
11-12-2020 22:49
(21600)
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Liar.

You deny science. You deny the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. You deny the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

You deny history.
You deny logic.

The Parrot Killer

11-12-2020 22:50
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Wrong.
tmiddles wrote:

Evidence is not pending. Evidence simply is.

The Parrot Killer

11-12-2020 22:52
(21600)
keepit wrote:

You still trying to quote this idiot that denies science as a reference??
keepit wrote:

Viruses are not required to travel in anything like straight line.
Masks do not stop a virus.

The Parrot Killer

11-12-2020 22:53
(21600)
keepit wrote:

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

11-12-2020 22:56
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Don't forget that most of the virions are contained in droplets. It is the droplets that are stopped by the many molecular layers of the mask.
This argument again??? This has already been debunked.
keepit wrote:
Then the liquid droplets containing the virions begin to evaporate and during this process and also because of time the virions become inactivated.
Covid19 can survive intact for several hours in bone dry air. They are not 'inactivated'.
keepit wrote:
Some do sneak through but the masks do help.
Viruses don't sneak.
keepit wrote:
Check Bill Nye's maps of mask wearing vs covid infection rates to see the proof in the pudding.
Random numbers are not data.
keepit wrote:
Google Bill Nye and Flowing Data

Google is not God. Neither is Bill Nye.

The Parrot Killer

11-12-2020 22:59
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
How come Bill Nye isn't one the White House Task Force, for well, anything?

Why would that make any difference to anything?
HarveyH55 wrote:
Biden dozen seem interested either, but probably because of race and gender disqualifications. Bill Nye use to explain simplistic stuff to small minded children, who didn't know any better, on TV. He read a script. Right now, he's just reading a script, trying to tap in on all those small minded adults, who he indoctrinated, as children.

Yup. Bill Nye denies science and mathematics.

The Parrot Killer

12-12-2020 04:50
(14416)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Liar.

You deny history.
You deny logic.

I hate to nit-pick, but you omitted extending credit to keepit for successfully denying economics in its entirety. Few people throughout history have had the discipline necessary to mentally reject every fundamental principle of human nature. I think you owe keepit an apology.

12-12-2020 20:23
(21600)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Liar.

You deny history.
You deny logic.

I hate to nit-pick, but you omitted extending credit to keepit for successfully denying economics in its entirety. Few people throughout history have had the discipline necessary to mentally reject every fundamental principle of human nature. I think you owe keepit an apology.

Noted. Thank you, but I don't owe keepit anything.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-12-2020 20:24

Join the debate Bill Nye, the science guy:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The History of Science1022-04-2024 16:30
There is still no Global Warming science.38728-02-2024 23:50
A Science Test1809-12-2023 00:53
Magic or Science706-12-2023 00:29
Science and Atmospheric Chemistry625-11-2023 20:55
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact