Remember me
▼ Content

Magic or Science

Magic or Science05-12-2023 20:00
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
I was inspired by a real life event that happened to me last week, to compose this thread.

I started to ride my old blue 1987 mountain bike to the train station, at about 6:30 a.m.

I was coasting slow as I approached a red street light, trying to time when it turned green.

The light turned green just as I approached the decline portion of the street, maybe 20 yards before the intersection.

I quickly shifted to the lowest gear and pedaled fast through the intersection. An oncoming car turning left yielded to me.

But as soon as I got to flat street, near the end of the intersection, my chain came loose quite abruptly.

Sometimes pedaling more will catch the chain back onto the sprockets, but that didn't work this time.

I pulled over to the sidewalk, turned over the bike, and tried to put the chain back on, but it had become hopelessly kinked, and there was no way I coukd quickly fix it.

So I walked the old blue bike back home, and caught a different ride to the train station.

A couple days later I had some time to try to fix the tangled chain.

But I noticed the chain had somehow gone through the frame of the bike! How is this possible?

Well turns out there is a pretty cool magic trick, called ring through chain trick, that shows how a knot gets tied into a ring falling faster on one side, with its edges rubbing against the outside track of a linked chain. There are lots of videos you can find of this trick. Here is one I found called, Magic or Science. James might like this video because it talks about angular momentum. Not my video.

https://youtu.be/Wl3DeJMcfmI?si=TTKiP7Op6or7lCPl

I think I messed up my 1987 blue bike, when I took it apart, and I rode that bike into the ground for the past 6 months. I think I'm just gonna get rid of it. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a better bike.

Edited on 05-12-2023 20:03
05-12-2023 20:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5724)
Spongy Iris wrote:
I was inspired by a real life event that happened to me last week, to compose this thread.

I started to ride my old blue 1987 mountain bike to the train station, at about 6:30 a.m.

I was coasting slow as I approached a red street light, trying to time when it turned green.

The light turned green just as I approached the decline portion of the street, maybe 20 yards before the intersection.

I quickly shifted to the lowest gear and pedaled fast through the intersection. An oncoming car turning left yielded to me.

But as soon as I got to flat street, near the end of the intersection, my chain came loose quite abruptly.

Sometimes pedaling more will catch the chain back onto the sprockets, but that didn't work this time.

I pulled over to the sidewalk, turned over the bike, and tried to put the chain back on, but it had become hopelessly kinked, and there was no way I coukd quickly fix it.

So I walked the old blue bike back home, and caught a different ride to the train station.

But I noticed the chain had somehow gone through the frame of the bike! How is this possible?

Well turns out there is a pretty cool magic trick, called ring through chain trick, that shows how a knot gets tied into a ring falling faster on one side, with its edges rubbing against the outside track of a linked chain. There are lots of videos you can find of this trick. Here is one I found called, Magic or Science. James might like this video because it talks about angular momentum. Not my video.

I think I messed up my 1987 blue bike, when I took it apart, and I rode that bike into the ground for the past 6 months. I think I'm just gonna get rid of it. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a better bike.

There is no such thing as magic, there are however plenty of clueless dumb people like yourself.

PS. The chain is only tangled at this point because of your extremely low IQ, I could untangle it in 60 seconds or less even if damaged, your belief that the chain went thru the frame and that this is documented is mental

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
05-12-2023 22:44
(1643)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

There is no such thing as magic, there are however plenty of clueless dumb people like yourself.

PS. The chain is only tangled at this point because of your extremely low IQ, I could untangle it in 60 seconds or less even if damaged, your belief that the chain went thru the frame and that this is documented is mental

Aren't you Mr. Handy???

All hail Mr mediocre 130 IQ! The dumbest genius in Mensa.

It's a trick. Has to do with the anglular momentum of the frame sliding against the loose chain. The chain tied a knot to make it appear like the chain went through the frame. I thought I conveyed that but your genius self couldn't seem to understand

Edited on 05-12-2023 22:56
05-12-2023 23:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5724)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Aren't you Mr. Handy???

It's a trick. Has to do with the anglular momentum of the frame sliding against the loose chain. The chain tied a knot to make it appear like the chain went through the frame. I thought I conveyed that but your genius self couldn't seem to understand

It is not a trick and has nothing to do with angular momentum. It has all to do with the situation being viewed by a moron like you. Furthermore at the time that you looked at the chain after you screwed up, there was zero momentum of any kind.

So deal with it stupid

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

05-12-2023 23:14
(1643)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Aren't you Mr. Handy???

It is not a trick and has nothing to do with angular momentum. It has all to do with the situation being viewed by a moron like you. Furthermore at the time that you looked at the chain after you screwed up, there was zero momentum of any kind.

So deal with it stupid

Well the ring through chain trick has to do with angular moment of the falling ring sliding against the chain.

It must have been a similar kind of momentum that happened when the chain fell off and slid against the frame.

Ya I wasted some time disassembling the old bike, and didn't notice the issue until it was disassembled.

We can't all be the dumbest genius in the world like you.

05-12-2023 23:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5724)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Aren't you Mr. Handy???

So deal with it stupid

Well the ring through chain trick has to do with angular moment of the falling ring sliding against the chain.

It must have been a similar kind of momentum that happened when the chain fell off and slid against the frame.

Ya I wasted some time disassembling the old bike, and didn't notice the issue until it was disassembled.

Again a still bike has zero momentum, and there is no type of momentum that does tricks, as only morons believe in magic in the first place.

LOL did you hear about the trick where if you put a toy boat in a half full pool and pump water into the pool that the boat rises?

See kid there are no tricks, just the stuff that eludes you which is everything

True you cannot beat me as we will never compete, though you want to be considered as competition.

Yoo aint

ULTRA MAGA

05-12-2023 23:52
(1643)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Aren't you Mr. Handy???

So deal with it stupid

Again a still bike has zero momentum, and there is no type of momentum that does tricks, as only morons believe in magic in the first place.

LOL did you hear about the trick where if you put a toy boat in a half full pool and pump water into the pool that the boat rises?

True you cannot beat me as we will never compete, though you want to be considered as competition.

Yoo aint

Whatever floats your boat...

The bike was in motion when the chain fell off and knotted around the frame in such a way that it appeared that it had passed through the frame.

06-12-2023 00:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5724)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Aren't you Mr. Handy???

So deal with it stupid

Yoo aint

Whatever floats your boat...

The bike was in motion when the chain fell off and knotted around the frame in such a way that it appeared that it had passed through the frame.

LOL the chain only appeared to have passed thru the frame, because the viewer of the chain is a nincompoop.

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate Magic or Science:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The History of Science1022-04-2024 16:30
There is still no Global Warming science.38728-02-2024 23:50
A Science Test1809-12-2023 00:53
Science and Atmospheric Chemistry625-11-2023 20:55
The SCIENCE of the "Greenhouse Effect"29105-11-2023 22:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact