▼ Content

Basic dogma

Page 2 of 2<12
12-05-2022 02:08
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
duncan61 wrote:
If you heat air it rises as it becomes less dense.The speed at which the air rises can be altered by the density of the air.It does not come back down or hide in the ocean

And now you're taking all of the fun out of things. Sure am glad no woman
has ever won the Melbourne Cup.
12-05-2022 03:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
If you heat air it rises as it becomes less dense.

Then what?
duncan61 wrote:
The speed at which the air rises can be altered by the density of the air.

You are still ignoring conductive and radiant heat.
duncan61 wrote:
It does not come back down

Yes it does.
duncan61 wrote:
or hide in the ocean

Why would air hide in the ocean??

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-05-2022 03:55
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:

Why be so stupid? Colder water absorbs CO2 while warmer air allows for more O18. O16 is from cooler air.
12-05-2022 09:02
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Into the Night wrote:

I read all the time the claim that the heat generated by humans is hiding in the ocean.Its not here at the moment so it must be somewhere. Its cold and raining right now
12-05-2022 18:55
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

I read all the time the claim that the heat generated by humans is hiding in the ocean.Its not here at the moment so it must be somewhere. Its cold and raining right now

It is not possible to store heat in anything.
You cannot store, slow, or trap heat.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-05-2022 07:43
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
You know that and I know that. It is part of the alarmist mantra.
14-05-2022 08:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
duncan61 wrote:You know that and I know that. It is part of the alarmist mantra.

You believe it as well. It's how you rationalize your belief that the earth's average global temperature is increasing. You simply don't believe that the earth's average global temperature is increasing very much and is not catastrophic, but you nonetheless believe, as do other warmizombies, that the earth's average global temperature is increasing ... and your belief is based on bizarre violations of physics that you cannot defend.
14-05-2022 15:25
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The global average temperature goes up and down and nothing happens. Our orbit is elliptical which is why Northern hemisphere has cooler summers than the Southern hemisphere.
14-05-2022 19:48
(14414)
duncan61 wrote:The global average temperature goes up and down and nothing happens. Our orbit is elliptical which is why Northern hemisphere has cooler summers than the Southern hemisphere.

... but the earth's average global temperature does not increase because of gravity, despite your proclaimed belief that it does.
RE: "The thread quickly derailed and turned people throwing insults."14-05-2022 22:31
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Into the Night wrote:
I find it interesting that NO one has produced a counter-argument to the OP. The thread quickly derailed and turned people throwing insults.

I guess no one from the Church of Global Warming even wants to deal with the issues brought up in the OP at all...a blatant denial of the laws of science I put there.

"The thread quickly derailed and turned people throwing insults."

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

As someone with dyslexia, I understand how the sentence got messed up..

"...turned people throwing..." It's easy not to notice when you left out the word you thought was there. "...turned INTO people throwing.."

So, I can empathize with the language errors.

But, isn't this the same guy who constantly says, "You are a nothing."?

Can't blame dyslexia for that one.

There is an old saying about people who live in glass houses.

How many other threads "quickly derailed.." because Mr. "You are a nothing" "turned people throwing insults"?
15-05-2022 01:00
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
You know that and I know that. It is part of the alarmist mantra.

It is also YOUR mantra. You still believe that some Magick Holy Gas has the power to discard the 1st law of thermodynamics.

The Parrot Killer

15-05-2022 01:02
(21599)
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
I find it interesting that NO one has produced a counter-argument to the OP. The thread quickly derailed and turned people throwing insults.

I guess no one from the Church of Global Warming even wants to deal with the issues brought up in the OP at all...a blatant denial of the laws of science I put there.

"...turned people throwing..." It's easy not to notice when you left out the word you thought was there. "...turned INTO people throwing.."

How many other threads "quickly derailed.." because Mr. "You are a nothing" "turned people throwing insults"?

Inversion fallacy. Insult fallacy. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

RE: IdaBM says Earth's atmosphere is an OPEN system15-05-2022 05:05
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Into the Night wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Inversion fallacy. Insult fallacy. No argument presented.

In the next few days, when I have nothing better to do, I'll go through to find the posts where I clearly remember IdaBM stating that the Earth's atmosphere is an OPEN system.

I'll dig through the posts of the disgusting troll of all to ensure proper citation of the exact words.

It will be fun to watch the alligators are amphibians word game play out again.

You can be sure that he'll support the assertion that the Earth's atmosphere is a CLOSED system.

Those thermodynamics and other textbooks do not provide the TRUE definition for what an open system is. Science is not textbooks.

When IdaBM said it was an OPEN system, it was only in that very narrow context to acknowledge that the scientists who have it all wrong CALL it an open system.

But only two people in the world know what an open system REALLY is.

Omniscience fallacy.

And so many many pictures of polar bears, otters, alligators...

Nice pictures that wasted a lot of space. Spamming. No argument.
15-05-2022 05:44
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:You know that and I know that. It is part of the alarmist mantra.

You believe it as well. It's how you rationalize your belief that the earth's average global temperature is increasing. You simply don't believe that the earth's average global temperature is increasing very much and is not catastrophic, but you nonetheless believe, as do other warmizombies, that the earth's average global temperature is increasing ... and your belief is based on bizarre violations of physics that you cannot defend.

By this post you are inferring you know my mind.That is a little strange.All that matters is the planet is not going to become uninhabitable as much as some people wish it to be so.Renewables have failed.Gas turbines rule.Coal power is primitive however we have a lot of coal and coal power stations work for 70 years

duncan61
15-05-2022 06:25
(14414)
squeal over furniture's sock wrote:In the next few days, when I have nothing better to do, I'll go through to find the posts where I clearly remember IdaBM stating that the Earth's atmosphere is an OPEN system.

I'll save you the trouble. Your memory is failing. Whether the atmosphere is an open system or a closed system depends entirely on the assumptions and context of discussion.

If you'll recall, I tried to explain to you that you just don't know enough science to understand the concept of an open vs. closed system and that you should endeavor to learn, just like you really should learn what heat is.

Anyway, before you, of all people, try to correct me, you should elevate your knowledge base at least above sea level.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:I'll dig through the posts of the disgusting troll of all to ensure proper citation of the exact words.

Make sure to get the correct words in the correct context. Get the quote of when I took the time to try to explain this concept to you.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:It will be fun to watch the alligators are amphibians word game play out again.

It certainly is fun watching you try to squirm your way around the English language.

Too funny.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:You can be sure that he'll support the assertion that the Earth's atmosphere is a CLOSED system.

That you will continue to have no practical understanding of the terms "open system" and "closed system" is of what people can be certain.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:When IdaBM said it was an OPEN system, it was only in that very narrow context to acknowledge that the scientists who have it all wrong CALL it an open system.

You are gibbering. Whether the atmosphere is an open system or a closed system depends on the context of the discussion.

Whether you are an idiot is totally independent of the context of the discussion.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:And so many many pictures of polar bears, otters, alligators...

So many pictures to rub in your face, and there are plenty more from where I got those.
Attached image:

15-05-2022 06:34
(14414)
duncan61 wrote:By this post you are inferring you know my mind.

You babble incoherently. You are the one doing the inferring, but I give you a pass because English isn't your first language. In fact, you might never have spoken English. I don't know.

duncan61 wrote:All that matters is the planet is not going to become uninhabitable

Nope. That is not what matters.

What matters is that you believe everything the warmizombies believe; you only differ on the one trivial point about the extent of the effects of Global Warming. You still believe in WACKY violations of physics simply because you were ordered to believe them by the people who do your thinking for you. They are probably the same people who taught you to swap "imply" with "infer." I bet they are laughing heartily right now.
RE: Is the atmosphere a closed system?15-05-2022 20:05
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. That is not what matters.
[/quote]

Is the atmosphere a closed system?

The utterly absurd assertion has been made that

"The atmosphere is not an open system. It is a closed system." - Parrot Boy

This defies what is taught in every thermodynamics course or textbook up there in the real world.

I would love to hear ANY definition for "closed system" that fits the atmosphere.

Of course, no citable support will be made.

Is there ANY context where a reality-based definition for a closed system can be used to describe the atmosphere.

Wouldn't the Gibbs free energy of the atmosphere be zero if that were the case?

Because the atmosphere is an OPEN system, energy and material come in and go out of it.

The Gibbs free energy of the atmosphere is NOT zero.

Therefore, chemical equilibria do not apply.

The atmosphere is not in equilibrium.

It is in a steady state with Gibbs free energy greater than zero.

Or maybe there is an alternative unambiguous definition for "closed system" where, depending on the context, the atmosphere is either closed or open.
15-05-2022 20:26
(21599)
Im a BM wrote:
In the next few days, when I have nothing better to do, I'll go through to find the posts where I clearly remember IdaBM stating that the Earth's atmosphere is an OPEN system.

Have fun. I imagine you'll take it out of context, like usual.
Im a BM wrote:
I'll dig through the posts of the disgusting troll of all to ensure proper citation of the exact words.

Digging through your own posts is not digging through IBdaMann's posts.
Im a BM wrote:
It will be fun to watch the alligators are amphibians word game play out again.

You do seem to enjoy word games. Even more than Swan.
Im a BM wrote:
You can be sure that he'll support the assertion that the Earth's atmosphere is a CLOSED system.

For thermodynamics, it is.
Im a BM wrote:
Those thermodynamics and other textbooks do not provide the TRUE definition for what an open system is. Science is not textbooks.

The theories of thermodynamics themselves do. False authority fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:
When IdaBM said it was an OPEN system, it was only in that very narrow context to acknowledge that the scientists who have it all wrong CALL it an open system.

Contextomy fallacy. Omniscience fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:
But only two people in the world know what an open system REALLY is.

Lie. Omniscience fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:
Omniscience fallacy.

Inversion fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:
And so many many pictures of polar bears, otters, alligators...

Nice pictures that wasted a lot of space. Spamming. No argument.

YOU copied them over and over. So did Swan.
The spamming is by you. Inversion fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

15-05-2022 20:28
(21599)
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

By this post you are inferring you know my mind.That is a little strange.All that matters is the planet is not going to become uninhabitable as much as some people wish it to be so.Renewables have failed.

No, they have not.
duncan61 wrote:
Gas turbines rule.

Natural gas is a renewable fuel.
duncan61 wrote:
Coal power is primitive however we have a lot of coal and coal power stations work for 70 years

Describe how coal is 'primitive'.

The Parrot Killer

15-05-2022 20:43
(21599)
Im a BM wrote:

For thermodynamics, yes.
Im a BM wrote:
The utterly absurd assertion has been made that

"The atmosphere is not an open system. It is a closed system." - Parrot Boy

Not absurd.
Im a BM wrote:
This defies what is taught in every thermodynamics course or textbook up there in the real world.

Lie. You don't get to quote everyone. You only get to speak for yourself.
Science is not a course. Science is not a textbook. You don't know what 'real' means. Buzzword fallacy. False authority fallacies.
Im a BM wrote:
I would love to hear ANY definition for "closed system" that fits the atmosphere.

RQAA.
Im a BM wrote:
Of course, no citable support will be made.

RQAA.
Im a BM wrote:
Is there ANY context where a reality-based definition for a closed system can be used to describe the atmosphere.

RQAA.
Im a BM wrote:
Wouldn't the Gibbs free energy of the atmosphere be zero if that were the case?

Yes.
Im a BM wrote:
Because the atmosphere is an OPEN system, energy and material come in and go out of it.

You cannot compare two systems as if they were the same system, dude. False equivalence fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:
The Gibbs free energy of the atmosphere is NOT zero.

False equivalence fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:
Therefore, chemical equilibria do not apply.

Irrelevant.
Im a BM wrote:
The atmosphere is not in equilibrium.

Yes it is.
Im a BM wrote:
It is in a steady state with Gibbs free energy greater than zero.

No.
Im a BM wrote:
Or maybe there is an alternative unambiguous definition for "closed system" where, depending on the context, the atmosphere is either closed or open.

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

RE: Is there such a thing as radiant energy?15-05-2022 21:24
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Into the Night wrote:
[quote
False authority fallacy.
[quote]

Inversion fallacy.

Is there such a thing as radiant energy?

Parrot Boy has made the absurd unsupported contrarian assertion that there is no such thing as radiant energy.

Apparently, he is in on a big secret that the scientists and dictionaries don't know about.

Why do they all use the term "radiant energy" as if it really existed?
15-05-2022 22:11
(14414)
squeal over furniture's sock wrote:Is there such a thing as radiant energy?

That depends on how you define the term you are using.

Are you defining it as the RADIANCE of Stefan-Boltzmann?

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:Parrot Boy has made the absurd unsupported contrarian assertion that there is no such thing as radiant energy.

This is disingenuous on your part since you are totally aware that you have never defined this "radiant energy" term that you are using.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:Why do they all use the term "radiant energy"

We don't. We use the term "Radiance" and we use the unambiguous definition provided by Stefan-Boltzmann.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
RE: Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC15-05-2022 22:35
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]

I have no idea what you are talking about.

There has been a Cherry Blossom Festival held in Washington DC for many decades now.

It used to have a reliable calendar date that coincided with the initial opening of flowers on the trees.

Sticking to tradition, now the tourists find petals all over the ground.

Is it because the city is just an urban heat island, or is there a broader trend of higher air temperatures earlier in the spring?
15-05-2022 23:02
(14414)
squeal over furniture's sock wrote:There has been a Cherry Blossom Festival held in Washington DC for many decades now.

I am familiar with it.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:It used to have a reliable calendar date that coincided with the initial opening of flowers on the trees.

... and then the government decided it wanted to determine the dates of the festival, for planning purposes, rather than allow nature to determine when the festival should be held.

squeal over furniture's sock wrote:Sticking to tradition, now the tourists find petals all over the ground.

This happens for all tourists who arrive late. The cherry blossoms permeate their beauty every year for a few days.

Attached image:

RE: What is the Gibb's free energy of a closed system at equilbrium?15-05-2022 23:15
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]

(who cares what IdaBM wrote?)

Parrot Boy, IdaBM's idiot sidekick, makes the absurd assertion that the Earth's atmosphere is a closed system.

What is the Gibb's free energy of a closed system at equilibrium?

Don't be afraid. Let me walk you through the hard stuff.

A closed system has no matter or energy coming into it or going out of it.

If that closed system is allowed to settle into equilibrium, the Gibb's free energy is zero.

No, it is not.

Is the atmosphere at equilibrium?

No, it is not.

The continuous entry and exit of matter and energy can result in a steady state.

16-05-2022 16:42
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Where is squeal over's army??? It seems that all he has is himself...
16-05-2022 19:11
(21599)
Im a BM wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
[quote
False authority fallacy.
[quote]

Inversion fallacy.

Is there such a thing as radiant energy?

No.
Im a BM wrote:
Parrot Boy has made the absurd unsupported contrarian assertion that there is no such thing as radiant energy.

There isn't.
Im a BM wrote:
Apparently, he is in on a big secret that the scientists and dictionaries don't know about.

Void authority fallacy.
Im a BM wrote:
Why do they all use the term "radiant energy" as if it really existed?

Omniscience fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

16-05-2022 19:12
(21599)
Im a BM wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]

(who cares what IdaBM wrote?)

Parrot Boy, IdaBM's idiot sidekick, makes the absurd assertion that the Earth's atmosphere is a closed system.

What is the Gibb's free energy of a closed system at equilibrium?

A closed system has no matter or energy coming into it or going out of it.

If that closed system is allowed to settle into equilibrium, the Gibb's free energy is zero.

No, it is not.

Is the atmosphere at equilibrium?

No, it is not.

The continuous entry and exit of matter and energy can result in a steady state.

You already posted this. Argument by repetition fallacy. Spamming.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 16-05-2022 19:13
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Basic dogma:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Basic Mistakes in Math, Just an FYI, 2 x 2 ≠ 4.027-01-2024 19:01
QUANTUM COMPUTING ON A COMMODORE 64 IN 200 LINES OF BASIC305-07-2023 18:48
Basic Physics509-05-2021 03:37
All Governments & Organizations Are Making A Critical Basic Mistake About Climate Change Global Warmi11806-02-2020 02:09
Forget New Green Deal, Let's make BIS(Basic Infrastructure And Service) Free.1215-01-2020 20:30
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact