Remember me
▼ Content

Why is Climate-debate.com so messed up?

Page 1 of 6123>>>
Why is Climate-debate.com so messed up?01-11-2015 17:46
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
This website is currently overrun by trolls like IBdaMann, his second rate side-kick Into the Night, and their retarded servant Tim the plumber who are only doing what the administration of this website allows them to do.

If the administration of this website truly wanted to have a place where people can rationally discuss climate change science in an adult-like fashion, they would do the following:

1. Have global website guidelines like the ones in Sharing Ideas, and then enforce them with a three-strikes-and-you're-out (banned) policy.

2. Delete every single thread that currently exists on this website, as the vast majority of content currently on Climate-debate.com is overwhelmingly garbage that just drives potential, new members away because it's such a bunch of shit.

3. After deleting everything, invite everyone - including our current trolls - back to start over, and immediately ban anyone who violates the three-strikes-and-you're-out policy.

I would strongly advocate that the administration take this approach immediately, unless of course it's goal to have a troll-based website.

If you agree, please PM branner immediately and say so!

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
01-11-2015 18:26
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

A debate is fine with me but I will not participate in putting group PM-pressure on branner about this or anything else.

And I am also not sure it is a thing we can vote about.
Maybe too many danes went to war for the freedom of speech to give it up just because a couple of maybe buttheads are farting a little too much in unison.

­
­
01-11-2015 18:29
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
Why is Climate-debate.com so messed up?

Because of the intolerance and impatience of people I guess.
01-11-2015 18:34
(779)
@Jakob and Totototo - we get what we allow.

If you like interacting with trolls like IBdamann, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber, then Climate-debate.com is the place to do it.

If you see the possibility of this website becoming a premier, troll-free meeting place for people to discuss climate change science in an adult-like fashion, then please support this initiative.

If branner prefers to leave this website as the troll shit-fest that it currently is, that's his decision and his alone to make. If he does, I'll just go elsewhere.

01-11-2015 18:35
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
@Jakob - I agree.
01-11-2015 18:42
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
@Trafn - (I just read your name right hahaha I've been calling you tranf since forever! Sorry!)

It's ones own decision to give importance to these "trolls" as you call them.
01-11-2015 19:12
(779)
@Totototo - you wrote It's ones own decision to give importance to these "trolls" as you call them.

A troll, by definition, is someone who is purposely trying to interrupt meaningful discussion. Having taught at the high school level, the graduate degree level, the post-graduate degree level, as well as the State medical re-licensure level, I feel both qualified and eperienced to identify a troll when I see one. IBdaMann, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber are trolls.

On well moderated websites, their presence is minimal and of little impact.

On this mostly un-moderated website, they dominate the conversation and drive away new members.

If you value having meaningful discussions with many people, instead of obstructed posts with a few trolls, then please support this initiative.

01-11-2015 19:21
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/overpopulation-how-not-to-solve-the-problem--d6-e783-s40.php#post_4320
trafn wrote:
@Jakob - thanks for your support of Sharing Ideas (SI). Unfortunately, branner does not give it the same protection he gives PM's, so people like IBdaMann and Into the Night are still free to extract content from there without the author's permission so as to ridicule them outside of SI, as they have repeatedly done so. This defeats the whole purpose of a safe place, as it's like a teacher telling them that they cannot bully other students while in the classroom, but that it is okay for them to bully other students out on the playground.

(Sorry I do it too. It is not to provoke you it is just that I think my answer belongs here.)

Maybe it is more that they are not allowed to yell noise in the school classroom but in the playground it is more okay.
And the new subforum moderated by you is the classroom where the most important stuff can concentrate.
Can't you look at it that way and feel better about it..?

­
Edited on 01-11-2015 19:22
01-11-2015 19:22
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
@Tranf - I had good discussions with you as much as I had with IBdaMann. Of course I value meaningful discussions, are you suggesting I don't because I don't support the initiative?
01-11-2015 19:45
(779)
@Jakob - have you ever wondered why a great website like this is dead? On an average day, less than 12 people participate here. If this is your first time to a website like this, you may not realize yet that it's because trolls dominate it.

There could be hundreds of people posting here each day if branner wanted it to be that kind of website. So far, his actions tell me that he likes having the trolls here.
Edited on 01-11-2015 19:48
01-11-2015 19:48
(779)
@Totototo - I too have had a few good conversations with IBdaMann, but most of them have been worthless due to him behaving like a troll.

I'm not suggesting that branner ban anyone under the current rules he has for this website. These rules allow IBdaMann, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber to be trolls here. I'm just sick and tired of wasting my time in troll dominated forums.

Hopefully branner will change this. If not, I'll find a website that omits trolls and refer any I do find to this one.

01-11-2015 22:23
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Trafn,

You need to seek mental health services.

When you engage in debate about serious subjects you will be challenged.

Unlucky.

That's how it is in the big boys world.
01-11-2015 22:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Hmmmm. Over 21 posts in one night alone, by you, trafn, that contain nothing but insults and accusations of trollish behavior.

Hmmmmmm. 2 new threads too. Set aside to call people trolls it seems.

Hmmmmmmmmm.
02-11-2015 00:36
(779)
@Tim the plumber - you wrote You need to seek mental health services.

Yes Tim, I will admit that when dealing with a faith-based retard like yourself, it is very difficult to sometimes keep one's balance. But, so far, so good.

02-11-2015 00:38
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote Hmmmmmmmmm.

As you are a troll, well said.

PS - nice to see you know how to count. I had my doubts.

Edited on 02-11-2015 00:45
02-11-2015 00:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
trafn wrote:Yes Tim, I will admit that when dealing with a faith-based retard like yourself, it is very difficult to sometimes keep one's balance. But, so far, so good.

Aaah, so you understand what I'm up against.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2015 00:58
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote Aaah, so you understand what I'm up against.

If you stop looking in the mirror, then the reality won't bother you so much.

02-11-2015 03:36
(21599)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote Hmmmmmmmmm.

As you are a troll, well said.

PS - nice to see you know how to count. I had my doubts.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Spectacular reasoning, Master Troll.
02-11-2015 12:00
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

Please take it easy everybody.

One at a time..

Where did all this go wrong in the first place..?
Explain and link to the post please.

Why did it all start..?

trafn wrote:I too have had a few good conversations with IBdaMann, but most of them have been worthless due to him behaving like a troll.

Where did it happen the first time that you came to that conclusion..?

I see everything is not all bad and if we can go back to the first wrong turn and change it maybe things can get better again.

And it is clear to me you all have to think about making things better if you want the debate to run better.

­
02-11-2015 15:50
(779)
@Jakob - as you interact with the trolls here - IBdaMann, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber - you may want to periodically re-read their profiles posts in the Who is who on Climate-debate.com thread:

IBdaMann's profile

Into the Night's profile

Tim the plumber's profile

That way it will be easier for you to know when they are posting bullshit.

02-11-2015 19:41
(14414)
Jakob wrote: Where did all this go wrong in the first place..?

Aside from trafn coming to the board and immediately trying to seize control of all discussions, and to eliminate/erase/remove all expression of dissenting opinions, nothing else is wrong with this site.

If trafn were not posting his flurry of hysteria on this site, I don't think there would be any problems whatsoever. There certainly weren't any problems before he arrived.

He does complain a great deal for someone who isn't being forced to post here. I hope he someday finds that inner peace he apparently needs. trafn, good luck and god speed.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2015 20:43
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote If trafn were not posting his flurry of hysteria on this site, I don't think there would be any problems whatsoever.

The pot calling the kettle black. Well IBdaDoDMan, since you insist on continuing with your lies, why not tell us what, if any, science back ground you have. I did. Remember:

trafn's profile > IBdaDodMan's inferior profile

Oh, and so much >'er it is!

PS - yes, when it's me posting against three trolls (e.g. - IBdaDoDMan, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber) I do have to post a lot to keep up with you morons.

02-11-2015 20:46
(14414)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann - you wrote If trafn were not posting his flurry of hysteria on this site, I don't think there would be any problems whatsoever.

The pot calling the kettle black. Well IBdaDoDMan, since you insist on continuing with your lies, why not tell us what, if any, science back ground you have. I did. Remember:

PS - yes, when it's me posting against three trolls (e.g. - IBdaDoDMan, Into the Night, and Tim the plumber) I do have to post a lot to keep up with you morons.

trafn, thank you for solidifying my point. I hope you manage to have a great day.

02-11-2015 21:21
(779)
@IBdaDoDMann - you wrote I hope you manage to have a great day.

Manage? Manage as in "good luck doing so?"

Now you are getting scary. Maybe you really are with the DoD!

02-11-2015 22:22
(21599)
trafn wrote:

More hysteria from trafn.
Q.E.D.
04-11-2015 03:35
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

Hmm.... how about this suggestion:

In this thread you all make it clear who thinks you are a troll and who does not.

So in the future when you start a new thread you can just end the post with the comment:

Trollanswers not wanted.

And then all from here will know the deeper meaning and respect it and stay away from that thread.

Could that maybe help a little..?

If the others agree to respect it will you do it too..?

I am asking all of you.

­
04-11-2015 11:13
(779)
@Jakob - you wrote Trollanswers not wanted.

I tried that a long time ago, and it didn't work. Trolls like IBdaMann, Into the Night and Tim the plumber do not respect any boundaries. They only respect their self-perceived right to harass and insult others.

Look at what they did with the SI sub-forum. It was just one of many sub-forums here, yet they did everything they could to destroy it because it prevented them from being assholes EVERYWHERE on this site.

No, they see even the tiniest troll-free space as a threat to their ability to be bullies, and they always will.

04-11-2015 14:51
(14414)
trafn wrote:No, they see even the tiniest troll-free space as a threat to their ability to be bullies, and they always will.

Projecting, are we?

You see any trace of differing viewpoint as an intolerable enemy that must be extinguished, even if you have to make everyone else suffer.

You are the only problem this website ever had.

04-11-2015 14:58
(779)
@IBdaMann - circular conversations like yours are no longer of interest to me.

04-11-2015 15:10
(14414)
trafn wrote:Look at what they did with the SI sub-forum. It was just one of many sub-forums here, yet they did everything they could to destroy it because it prevented them from being assholes EVERYWHERE on this site.

You were given a subforum to control as you saw fit. You were given moderator control. You ruined it and it fizzled, all because of you.

...but you blame others, yes?

04-11-2015 22:08
(21599)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann - circular conversations like yours are no longer of interest to me.

Is there a circular conversation here??? Where is the circulus?
05-11-2015 01:12
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
It's not difficult to do a search on the internet for posts on a number of public forums by both Into the Night and IbDaMann. It appears they've both been posting their scientifically uneducated personal opinions that even the natural 'greenhouse' effect can't possibly exist, for quite a few years now. The same thing over and over and over and over and over again, ad nauseum.

As it's the equivalent of claiming the earth is flat or gravity doesn't exist, or the earth is only 6000 years old, they must be very used to being ridiculed and mocked after so many people have patiently tried to explain basic textbook physics to them both over and over and over again, provided links to valid science sources, textbooks, videos, lectures and even children's educational websites which dumb it down so even a 3rd grader can understand it, that they get frustrated and just tell them to 'read a goddamned science textbook you moron'. To which they probably replied that all the textbooks are wrong, scientists are all stupid religious freaks, and they are right.

Over the years, their 'skin' must have become so thick that it's become like a Teflon-coated science-denying shield, impervious not only to science, facts, evidence, and logic, but to insults as well. Any science, facts, evidence, and logic thrown at them, just hit the shield with a splat and slide off

Instead of a 'flat earther' or 'young earther', posters like Into The Night and IBdaMann now have their own label on internet blogs and forums: "Sky Dragon Slayer".

I understand why they would want an open public forum to proclaim their er... 'different' views. They must be so important to them, that they need to disrupt and shut down any rational adult discussion of science so that they can delude themselves into believing they are 'right' and everyone else in the world, including millions of scientists, every science institution, every university, all the textbooks, and even the laws of physics themselves, are all 'wrong'.

But, much like an angry child screaming, throwing a tantrum, and wrecking everything they can in a supermarket because they have been asked not to take the sweets from the bottom shelf, other grown-ups get rather irritated and often ask the parent to take their child outside.

Anyone remember seeing this banned Dutch commerical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSU6q6eD34

Edited on 05-11-2015 01:16
05-11-2015 01:37
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
Like 'flat earthers' and 'young earthers', 'Sky Dragon Slayers' are impervious to science, facts, evidence and logic.

There are some interesting threads on Judith Curry's blog about Sky Dragon Slayers:

http://judithcurry.com/2011/01/31/slaying-a-greenhouse-dragon/

http://judithcurry.com/2011/08/10/greenhouse-dragon-technical-discussion-thread/

http://judithcurry.com/2011/10/15/letter-to-the-dragon-slayers/

Even she is getting really tired of them clogging up her blog with their inanity. Considering she allows all sorts of anti-science scientist-bashing blowhards to post on her blog, that's saying something.

Edited on 05-11-2015 01:56
07-11-2015 07:15
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
My hypothesis is that the resident Sky Dragon Slayer IbdaMann can only make baseless assertions, waffle about pseudoscience not found in any of the science literature or textbooks, call people morons and religious freaks, post silly pictures of cartoon characters, children and drooling babies, and not cite any scientific literature or textbooks. I predict he will continue in this pattern.

So far there is no evidence to falsify this hypothesis. To date, IBdaMann himself has provided us with 621 of his posts to support the hypothesis and no evidence to falsify it. I thank him for his contributions.

IBdaMann also helpfully continues to go above and beyond to provide evidence to falsify his own assertion that he is 'citing science' on this forum. I particularly enjoyed the posts where he hoisted himself with his own 'religious' petard.

Providing evidence to falsify an assertion is very useful. I thank him for his efforts in providing so much evidence to falsify his own assertion.

Edited on 07-11-2015 07:19
07-11-2015 14:05
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Banner,

I would like to suggest that there is a button/link whatever on the header to the latest active threads page.

The way I acess this site I seem to only get the things on the side bar which just shows the last 4 or so threads.

That way arguments can be followed a bit better.

Thanks.
31-03-2019 21:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
01-04-2019 00:27
(14414)
James___ wrote:

James__, you missed the good ol' trafn days. I think he was the first person banned by this site. Robert Ben Mitchell was trying to sell his concept of man-made-climate change and his book on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Bursting-Atmosphere-what-happens-falls/dp/1502452448/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=rain+falls+up&qid=1554067514&s=books&sr=1-1

... or were you actually here posting under another avatar?

01-04-2019 01:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:

James__, you missed the good ol' trafn days. I think he was the first person banned by this site. Robert Ben Mitchell was trying to sell his concept of man-made-climate change and his book on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Bursting-Atmosphere-what-happens-falls/dp/1502452448/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=rain+falls+up&qid=1554067514&s=books&sr=1-1

... or were you actually here posting under another avatar?

Any more I think that you, ITN and Branner all have a Native American connection. That could be all this forum is about, some Native Americans using climate change to mess with white people.
After all, the Salish Sea is a Native American reference to the Straits of Juan De Fuca and the Puget Sound. Litesong used Native American terms for the Northwest. I lived there for over 25 years and knew what she was talking about.
I even posted a link in here to a movie based on a true story that kind of shows what Native American women have to tolerate from Native American men.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wind_river_2017

And in case the rest of you miss it, here's a movie for you. It's about a scam.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1020130_sting

NotDaMann, have only gone by this name in here. As for you? Are you Chief Chicken Feathers? ITN could be the ghost of what wasn't and Branner?, 32 posts in several years in his own forum? ITN said they are so much alike that we wouldn't know the difference. Maybe because there is no difference?
01-04-2019 06:20
(14414)
James___ wrote:
Any more I think that you, ITN and Branner all have a Native American connection.

That depends on how you define "native American." I was born in the USA. Does that make me a native American?

Jep Branner is from Denmark I believe.

litesong classified as a conventional native American from the Pacific Northwest.

There are at least two others from the Pacific Northwest on this board but I am not one of them.

James___ wrote: I lived [in the Pacific Northwest] for over 25 years and knew what she was talking about.

I have no idea about litesong's gender. I couldn't ever get litesong to say anything intelligible.

James___ wrote: NotDaMann, have only gone by this name in here.

Yes. I only use IBDaMann in here and on any other board. It is one of the ways I identify when a Marxist is getting desperate in a conversation ... he begins to insist that I am a sock. I never understand what people think they will achieve by doing this, perhaps buying some time, I don't know. But you can rest assured, this is the only avatar I use.

James___ wrote: and Branner?, 32 posts in several years in his own forum?

He just wants to lurk ... and keep the system up and running.

01-04-2019 06:48
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Hey, this thread was a fun read!!! IBdaMann and ITN, you guys have really assembled quite the fan club over the years.
You should be so proud!!

James, get over litesong. He/she was not banned due to any content of what was posted. It was quite the opposite. It was for long posts with NO content, copied and pasted into multiple threads. He/she was warned several times and the behavior continued. The end.
Page 1 of 6123>>>

Join the debate Why is Climate-debate.com so messed up?:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact