Remember me
▼ Content

Who is who on Climate-debate.com

Who is who on Climate-debate.com01-11-2015 18:16
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
I am starting this thread for new members to use as a reference source when trying to understand who they are posting with on this website. Currently, Climate-debate.com is dominated by a few trolls who's goal is to prevent meaningful discussion about climate change science by posting harassing and intimidating content in response to those who do want to discuss in an adult-like fashion.

I have also started a thread asking branner, this website's administrator, to take immediate action to save Climate-debate.com from these and other trolls who commonly plague and destroy websites like this one. It is at:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/why-is-climate-debate-com-so-messed-up-d15-e788.php#post_4318

I also moderate one sub-forum here called Sharing Ideas (SI), which is a harassment free sub-forum. Unfortunately, branner allows other members to extract content from SI and post it elsewhere on Cimate-debate.com solely for the purpose of harassing the person who made the original post in SI, but doing it in a thread where they are free from the SI no-harassment guidelines. Worse yet, they are allowed to do this without the permission of the person who posted in SI.

Anyways, I appreciate any support you can give to turning this website around into a forum that is for adults and free of trolls.

In the meantime, I hope this thread is useful.

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
RE: Who is trafn?01-11-2015 18:28
(779)
I am trafn, and in 2014, I wrote a book about climate change titled "Bursting the atmosphere: what happens when rain falls up" (free PDF version of its 1st edition attached below). I'm currently working its 2nd edition which I hope to publish in 2016. Over a month ago, I first came to Climate-debate.com in the hope of finding a forum to discuss climate change science in a rational, adult-like manner where I could talk about the new ideas I wanted to include in this 2nd edition.

Unfortunately, what I found was a website plagued by trolls who are intent on preventing any rational discussion of climate change science from happening. So, I've started a new thread asking the website's administration to make Climate-debate.com a troll-free zone. It's at:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/why-is-climate-debate-com-so-messed-up-d15-e788.php#post_4318

If you'd like to better understand my perspective when I post, here is a brief review of some of my science relevant background:

1. I hold a dual B.S. degree in Science Education and Psychology (Syracuse Univserity).

2. I was a volunteer research assistant in the Department of Psychology during my undergraduate studies at Syracuse University.

3. I was a paid research assistant in the Department of Chemistry during my undergraduate studies at Syracuse University.

4. I earned New York State K-12 teaching certification in physics, chemistry, biology, general science and general mathematics.

5. I've taught at the high school level, the graduate degree level, the post-graduate degree level, as well as the State medical re-licensure level.

6. I wrote a spectral-analysis technical manual for the fabric dying industry which was underwritten and distributed by both DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) and ACS (Applied Color Systems).

7. I pioneered the use of computerized academic test-banking at what, in the late 1908's, was the second largest under-graduate educational institution in the United States (Miami-Dade Community College).

8. I have created new medical procedures such as sliding-scale titration of morphine and patient compliance coding for treating people suffering from terminal illnesses.

9. I have been published in peer reviewed science journals including The Journal of Organic Chemistry, Medical Hypothesis, and The American Journal of Pain Management.

10. I have written two books on AIDS.

11. I am an overall nice guy (did I also mention that I am humble, too?).

Granted, I may not be perfect at interpreting or applying the scientific method, but, then again, who is.

Attached file:
burstingtheatmosphere_1stedition2014_7.pdf
RE: Who is who on Climate-debate.com - who is IBdaMann?01-11-2015 19:01
(779)
Who is IBdaMann?

I am trafn, and I have been here posting on Climate-debate.com for many weeks now. I started this thread as a resource for new members so that they will have a better understanding of what to expect when they interact with other members here. To that end, I will give you my experienced impression of IBdaMann.

IBdaMann is a troll who is trying to prevent meaningful, adult-like discussion of climate change science from happening here on Climate-debate.com. He does so by using the following tactics:

1. When you first post here, he will respond in an inquisitive, seemingly friendly manner that is designed to engage you in further conversation.

2. His follow-up posts are dominated by repeatedly asking others to "define" what they are talking about, and when they do, he merely requests more definitions. He does this so as to create a state of confusion in the conversation and, thereby, he blocks meaningful discussion.

3. He likes to demand an impossible level of proof, commonly by citing Karl Poopers "Falsifiable Models,'' as to the existence of climate change science. Since this is still a relatively new field of study less than 50 years old, there is not enough data yet to provide such global, big-picture proof. Yet, he demands such proof only to obstruct meaningful discussion.

4. When people try to reason with him, he repeatedly insults them as either being religious-based in their ideas, Marxists, or he uses is favorite accusation and calls them a "warmazombie." If you'd like to get an idea of how often he does this, do a search on the word "warmazombie" (without the quotes, of course).

5. He likes to quote faith-based individuals as if they were recognized authorities within the scientific community. Most recently, he did this in two threads where he quoted Cliff Harris:

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/understanding-albedo-d6-e781.php#post_4015

- and -

http://www.climate-debate.com/forum/is-the-gulf-stream-slowing-down-d11-e725.php#post_2691

If you enjoy interacting with a troll, IBdaMann is probably the most experienced and most challenging troll currently posting on Climate-debate.com.

If you do not enjoy interacting with a troll, I strongly advise against responding to him, and that you support my initiative to ban trolls from this website which is at:

Edited on 01-11-2015 19:38
RE: Who is who on Climate-debate.com - who is Into the Night?01-11-2015 19:41
(779)
Who is Into the Night?

I am trafn, and I have been here posting on Climate-debate.com for many weeks now. I started this thread as a resource for new members so that they will have a better understanding of what to expect when they interact with other members here. To that end, I will give you my experienced impression of Into the Night.

1. Just like IBdaMann, when you first post here, Into the Night will respond in an inquisitive, seemingly friendly manner that is designed to engage you in further conversation.

2. His follow-up posts are dominated by repeatedly asking others to "provide data" to back up what they are talking about, and when they do, he repeatedly claims that your data is worthless and requests that you supply him with more data. He has created a thread just for this purpose called The Data Mine. He does this so as to create a state of confusion in the conversation and, thereby, he blocks meaningful discussion.

3. He likes to claim that nearly every respected authority in the scientific community presents only "fudged" data with respect to climate change science. While there have been cases where this has happened in every field of science, he tends to globally apply this accusation to any data you provide him (example here).

4. He repeatedly accuses people of committing bulverism whenever another troll is under attack for quoting a religious-based website like
https://overpopulationisamyth.com as if it were a science-based one (example here).

If you enjoy interacting with a troll, Into the Night is probably one of the most experienced and most challenging trolls currently posting on Climate-debate.com, only second to IBdaMann.

If you do not enjoy interacting with a troll, I strongly advise against responding to him, and that you support my initiative to ban trolls from this website which is at:

Edited on 01-11-2015 19:42
RE: Who is who on Climate-debate.com - who is Tim the plumber?01-11-2015 20:07
(779)
Who is Tim the plumber?

I am trafn, and I have been here posting on Climate-debate.com for many weeks now. I started this thread as a resource for new members so that they will have a better understanding of what to expect when they interact with other members here. To that end, I will give you my experienced impression of Tim the plumber.

1. Just like IBdaMann and Into the Night, when you first post here, Tim the plumber will respond in an inquisitive, seemingly friendly manner that is designed to engage you in further conversation.

2. If you do not agree with his point of view, then in his follow-up posts he will accuse you of wanting to murder millions of people through supporting things like food-based bio-fuel. Here was my most recent response after he did this to me (click here).

3. He repeatedly cites the faith-based website https://overpopulationisamyth.com as a justification for him claiming that anyone who believes in M2C2 is murdering millions of people.

If you enjoy interacting with a troll, Tim the plumber is probably not going to be much of a challenge, as he is a self-admitted dyslexic who has difficulty posting in a contiguously coherent manner.

04-11-2015 22:57
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1285)
Wow!

I have never had a whole thread as a fan club thing before. Shame it's not just for me!

Whilst you are here you might like to help out trafn. Please tell me if you have any science which says that the IPCC has underestimated the scale of the problem. If you do I suggest you start a new thread about it.
05-11-2015 00:04
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Wow!

I have never had a whole thread as a fan club thing before. Shame it's not just for me!

Whilst you are here you might like to help out trafn. Please tell me if you have any science which says that the IPCC has underestimated the scale of the problem. If you do I suggest you start a new thread about it.

Quite all right. I certainly don't mind our infamy being shared like this. I am honored to be in such company.
05-11-2015 05:25
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3688)
Into the Night wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
Wow!

Quite all right. I certainly don't mind our infamy being shared like this. I am honored to be in such company.

You know that eventually everyone is going to want their own similar profile. People will start pissing off trafn just to make the cut and get their own ranking.

On that point, I'm sorry to say but, you saw what trafn wrote, I'm #1 and you guys are just second fiddle.

Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Who is who on Climate-debate.com:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact