Remember me
▼ Content

Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?

Page 4 of 4<<<234
18-12-2019 23:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11753)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You already did. RQAA.
So you have nothing to say on the radiant output of a human body?

It's less than the calories it consumes?
I'm not talking about the NET thermal transfer, or HEAT of the human body, ~100watts, I'm talking about the radiance. How much radiant energy comes off of a human body (my avatar being a graphic depiction).

No such thing as net heat. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
Now ITN will chime in with some fallacy BS but he has NO CLUE what the radiance of the human body is. Can't apply the Stefan-Boltzmann equation, can't calculate it at all. It is UNKNOWABLE to him.

RDCF. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer
18-12-2019 23:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11753)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
Quite a lot of it depends on the capillaries. That's how the blood system transfers heat in the extremities.
That would be how a human body convects thermal energy internally yes.
Capillary relaxation is not convection. Redefinition fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
But if we know the surface area, emmissivity and temperature of an object, including a living human, we can calculate the radiance using Stefan-Boltzman.

Stefan-Boltzmann equation:___P(out)=σeA*(T1^4)
(5.67×10−8J/s⋅m2⋅K4)(0.97)(1.50m2)306K^4=-723W

Your human is suffering from hypothermia.
tmiddles wrote:
Now ITN/IBD and other deniers like to end debate by claiming that since there isn't one fixed exact value available for surface area (I use 1.5m2),
There isn't.
tmiddles wrote:
emissivity (I use 0.97),
Random number. Useless.
tmiddles wrote:
and temperature (I use 306K)
Your test subject is suffering from hypothermia. Call 911 and begin treatment immediately.
tmiddles wrote:
that it's impossible to think about this.
You just have to throw up your hands and run out of the room.
Which YOU just did.
tmiddles wrote:
But you never will have a fixed and exact value for anything in this universe of ours.
A measurement has no range.
tmiddles wrote:
The surface area, temperature and emmissivity of the human body is easy to put a range on though.
A measurement has no range.
[quote]tmiddles wrote:
My point here is. They refuse to debate. They have no answer at all.

RDCF. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer
19-12-2019 01:05
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
IBdaMann wrote:No matter what is written you disagree.
I would like to know if I disagree with your estimate of the radiance of a human body IBD. What is your estimate?
19-12-2019 05:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:No matter what is written you disagree.
I would like to know if I disagree with your estimate of the radiance of a human body IBD. What is your estimate?

Off the cuff, 12.

Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-12-2019 10:30
(2520)
IBdaMann wrote:
Off the cuff, 12.
Show your math.

Hint: you need to use the stefan-boltzmann equation to calculate radiance

I can walk you through it if you don't know how.
19-12-2019 16:26
(6253)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Off the cuff, 12.
Show your math.

I didn't use any. You asked me for an estimate ... of something vague ... so I gave you a very rough off-the-cuff estimate of some vague notion.

Do you really expect me to do arithmetic? I hate arithmetic. What is it you really need?

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-12-2019 16:27
(2520)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Off the cuff, 12.
Show your math.

I didn't use any. You asked me for an estimate ... of something vague ... so I gave you a very rough off-the-cuff estimate of some vague notion.

Do you really expect me to do arithmetic? I hate arithmetic. What is it you really need?

So you have no idea. OK
19-12-2019 16:30
(6253)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Off the cuff, 12.
Show your math.

So you have no idea. OK

OK. That was easy.

19-12-2019 16:33
(2520)
IBdaMann wrote:
OK. That was easy.
quitting is one of the easiest things in life IBD

Announce you're useless and you just stop getting chores
19-12-2019 17:10
(6253)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
OK. That was easy.
quitting is one of the easiest things in life IBD

Not for smokers. Not for junkies. Not for liars.

... but you'll be glad you did.

Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Prevention of Climate Change Through CO2 Removal2328-03-2020 22:32
Venus is hotter than Mercury?!?78314-03-2020 19:48
Do I have the CO2 calamity math right? (help from an expert please)23024-02-2020 23:13
Co2A (Co2 Atmosphere) = SUM(SOURCES)-SUM(SINKS)913-02-2020 18:05
CO2 Behavior in the Atmosphere2412-02-2020 03:53
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact