Remember me
▼ Content

Why are we fighting clomate change, rather than preparing for changes?

Why are we fighting clomate change, rather than preparing for changes?16-06-2021 05:56
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Everyday, has been pretty much a new adventure for mankind, since the beginning of recorded history, and likely a hell of a long time before that. The species somehow managed to survive and prosper, with only a fistful of bloody goat entrails, to predict the future. We have all these precision instruments, computer models, to make prophecies. We don't have any more chance of battle the future changes. Why wouldn't there be a plan 'B', a push to prepare, and live with the changes prophesied?

Change is good, it keeps people moving, thinking. Keeping everything the same, is lazy, stagnant. We grow and advance, when presented with new challenges. Pretty much every year, there is at least one pretty major catastrophic event on the planet, that wasn't man made (California wildfires, Norway launching test missiles toward Russia...), Mostly, we have very little warning, yet most people living in the unfortunate places, still manage to survive. I've been through quite a few 'deadly' hurricanes, managed to survive, with minimal effort. Hurricane season just started, and figure to ride it out, just as I always have. Mostly just figure it out, as it goes. Of course, I'll have days to get ready, though there is little I really need, maybe fill my gas tank...

But, for the prophesied cataclysms we have decades, if not centuries to prepare. But, there is no thoughts, that maybe we won't be successful in stopping the world from turning, the great changes.
16-06-2021 06:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)

HarveyH55 wrote:Change is good,

Keep in mind that every change brings us one change closer to heat death.

HarveyH55 wrote:Keeping everything the same, is lazy, stagnant.

Keeping everything the same would definitely not be very dynamic.

HarveyH55 wrote: ... catastrophic event on the planet, that wasn't man made (... Norway launching test missiles toward Russia...)

That was good. Bonus point credited.

HarveyH55 wrote:I've been through quite a few 'deadly' hurricanes, managed to survive, with minimal effort.

That might be because you are a superhero. Did you ever consider that?

HarveyH55 wrote: But, for the prophesied cataclysms we have decades, if not centuries to prepare.

We have at most twelve years until the tipping point, although it might already be too late.

17-06-2021 03:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Everyday, has been pretty much a new adventure for mankind, since the beginning of recorded history, and likely a hell of a long time before that. The species somehow managed to survive and prosper, with only a fistful of bloody goat entrails, to predict the future. We have all these precision instruments, computer models, to make prophecies. We don't have any more chance of battle the future changes. Why wouldn't there be a plan 'B', a push to prepare, and live with the changes prophesied?

Change is good, it keeps people moving, thinking. Keeping everything the same, is lazy, stagnant. We grow and advance, when presented with new challenges. Pretty much every year, there is at least one pretty major catastrophic event on the planet, that wasn't man made (California wildfires, Norway launching test missiles toward Russia...), Mostly, we have very little warning, yet most people living in the unfortunate places, still manage to survive. I've been through quite a few 'deadly' hurricanes, managed to survive, with minimal effort. Hurricane season just started, and figure to ride it out, just as I always have. Mostly just figure it out, as it goes. Of course, I'll have days to get ready, though there is little I really need, maybe fill my gas tank...

But, for the prophesied cataclysms we have decades, if not centuries to prepare. But, there is no thoughts, that maybe we won't be successful in stopping the world from turning, the great changes.

Because of people like you who can't spell climate. For some of what I am pursuing, climate change has presented opportunity. And for some issues, we have 1, maybe 2 decades to start implementing solutions.
You know Harvey, life shouldn't be about surviving. It should be about having a life.

Join the debate Why are we fighting clomate change, rather than preparing for changes?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Many Sports Becoming Commercial Business Money Industry Instead Of Real Spirit Fighting Battle220-06-2021 00:46
Fighting climate change by restoring nature823-06-2020 10:25
Hawaii's Waikiki Beach could soon be underwater because of climate change. Lawmakers are fighting to 424-04-2019 03:01
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact