Remember me
▼ Content

Was IPCC set up in 1988 to save mankind from climate change?

Was IPCC set up in 1988 to save mankind from climate change?08-02-2019 15:45
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Let's suppose in 20 years CO2 reaches 450 ppm and I guess that means CO2e reaches 600 ppm and all of a sudden ice age glacial period returns then how can they save 99.9% of human population from starving to death because of food shortage?
08-02-2019 20:42
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Let's suppose in 20 years CO2 reaches 450 ppm and I guess that means CO2e reaches 600 ppm and all of a sudden ice age glacial period returns then how can they save 99.9% of human population from starving to death because of food shortage?

Man has the resources and knowledge to prevent that. Remember that we have summer crops the year around from advanced greenhouses. Even with a much shorter growing season we can grow slightly different grain crops that will produce as much or more nutrition though it made take us a little time to get used to Rye bread instead of wheat. Farm animals haven't any problems.
09-02-2019 00:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Man has the resources and knowledge to prevent that. Remember that we have summer crops the year around from advanced greenhouses.
'Advanced' greenhouses?? Just how many of these 'advanced greenhouses' are you planning to build, Wake? What makes them 'advanced'??
Wake wrote:
Even with a much shorter growing season we can grow slightly different grain crops that will produce as much or more nutrition though it made take us a little time to get used to Rye bread instead of wheat.
Wheat grows in both warm and cold environments, Wake.
Wake wrote:
Farm animals haven't any problems.

Neither does wheat.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-02-2019 00:14
(21599)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Ice ages occur on a periodic basis due to variations in Earth's orbit (caused by the other planets as they orbit the Sun). Earth's orbit will vary in eccentricity, producing longer seasons with less sunlight. For the northern hemisphere, that means long colder summers, and quick warmer winters. For the southern hemisphere, that means short summers and long colder winters.

Both hemispheres build up ice.

Currently, the eccentricity of Earth is diminishing. We should read our most circular orbit (and most even weather) in about 2700 years.

I think in some 4000 years, we can cope with any ice age that comes along, simply by moving towards the equator. At the speed of the advance, we can do that over generations.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 09-02-2019 00:17
09-02-2019 01:27
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Man has the resources and knowledge to prevent that. Remember that we have summer crops the year around from advanced greenhouses.
'Advanced' greenhouses?? Just how many of these 'advanced greenhouses' are you planning to build, Wake? What makes them 'advanced'??
Wake wrote:
Even with a much shorter growing season we can grow slightly different grain crops that will produce as much or more nutrition though it made take us a little time to get used to Rye bread instead of wheat.
Wake wrote:

Neither does wheat.

I see you're not above denying biology either.
09-02-2019 19:46
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Through selective breeding and hybrids, most food crops have been developed to do well in a lot of different climates these days. A lot of the 'out of season' produce comes from other countries, not greenhouses, check the labels. Greenhouses are still mainly used to start plants, before the growing seasons. Starting a lot of food plants out in the field, from seed, takes weeks or months, and are very vulnerable, until they sprout some decent leaves. Late frost, means you get to re-seed, and start over. Grasses (grains, corn) are usually a little more tolerant. Young plants (seedlings) don't take up much space, or need a lot of food and water in a greenhouse, and kept safe from harsher conditions. You can easily get more than one crop per season, by starting the plants in a greenhouse, and a better yield for each.

Now there are commercial greenhouses that do grow some plants to maturity, mostly specialty plants, mainly 'medicinal', since the products are easily sold at a premium price, compared to field grown competitors, as they are generally higher quality.
09-02-2019 20:48
(21599)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:

Neither does wheat.

Inversion fallacy. Wheat is grown from the equator to pretty far north into Canada and the British isles, Wake. It is grown in wetter areas and more arid areas. It is grown in Egypt. It is grown right here in Western Washington, though most of it in Washington is grown in Eastern Washington.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 09-02-2019 20:52
10-02-2019 19:36
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:

Neither does wheat.

Inversion fallacy. Wheat is grown from the equator to pretty far north into Canada and the British isles, Wake. It is grown in wetter areas and more arid areas. It is grown in Egypt. It is grown right here in Western Washington, though most of it in Washington is grown in Eastern Washington.

Now we hear from the science denier that because wheat is presently grown in Canada that it would grow in places like the Scandinavian countries and northern Germany and Russia if the climate got colder and the growing season was shorter. Even though these crops do not presently do well there.

But I suppose if you are stupid once you might as well go for broke and be stupid for the rest of your life.
10-02-2019 20:51
(21599)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
[quote]Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Wake wrote:
Wake wrote:

Neither does wheat.

Now we hear from the science denier that because wheat is presently grown in Canada that it would grow in places like the Scandinavian countries and northern Germany and Russia if the climate got colder and the growing season was shorter.
Wake wrote:
Even though these crops do not presently do well there.

Russia grows quite a lot of wheat, Wake. It's also grown in Norway.
Wake wrote:
But I suppose if you are stupid once you might as well go for broke and be stupid for the rest of your life.

You really have to get ahold of your anger problem, Wake.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 10-02-2019 20:54

Join the debate Was IPCC set up in 1988 to save mankind from climate change?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Only The Old Religions Can Save This Civilization From Total Collapse Destruction003-11-2023 02:36
The Technology Team & Some Entities Was, Are Preventing The Messiah To Save The World1702-08-2023 06:23
Amazon, Google, Meta, Microsoft and other tech firms agree to AI safeguards set by the White House021-07-2023 19:45
If Do Not Receive Support Next 120 Hours , My Conditions To Save This World Will Raise413-07-2023 05:43
Remembering the day that John McCain set the USS Forrestall on fire killing 134 American sailors421-06-2023 21:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact