Remember me
▼ Content

TED



Page 1 of 212>
TED30-10-2023 18:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
TED talks. Google - Stephanie Kelton: "The Big Myth of Government Deficits."
Start over with your economic thinking.
30-10-2023 23:13
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
TED talks. Google - Stephanie Kelton: "The Big Myth of Government Deficits."
Start over with your economic thinking.


Schizophrenia Myths and Facts

Medically Reviewed by Poonam Sachdev on April 02, 2023 Written by Stephanie Watson
4 min read
There's a lot of incorrect info out there about schizophrenia. Some of it is spread by movies or TV shows. Or sometimes, people use stereotypes that promote stigma when talking about this mental illness.

Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder that affects your ability to think and act clearly. When you have schizophrenia, your brain often tells you you're seeing things or hearing voices that aren't there. This makes it hard to tell what's real and what isn't. It also affects how well you think, make decisions, and manage your emotions.

Around 1% of people in the U.S. have schizophrenia. It affects men and women equally. Women tend to get schizophrenia in their 20s or 30s. Men tend to get it in their late teens to early 20s. It's rare in kids younger than 12. And it usually doesn't appear for the first time in adults over 40. Some studies suggest transgender people are more likely to be diagnosed with schizophrenia, but more research is needed.

If you get schizophrenia, you might have:

Delusions, or false beliefs that don't change, even when you're given new ideas and facts
A hard time remembering things
Disordered thoughts
Hallucinations, or hearing voices, seeing things, or smelling things others can't
Lack of emotion in your face or voice
Problems focusing
Trouble understanding information and making decisions
Commonly, people with schizophrenia don't know they have it, which can make treatment much more challenging.

Get the real story behind some common myths.

Myth No. 1: It means you have dissociative identity disorder (DID). This is one of the biggest misunderstandings about schizophrenia. One poll found that 64% of Americans believe the condition involves DID, which means someone acts like they're two or more separate people.

Some of the most common symptoms of schizophrenia are hallucinations and delusions, which include hearing voices in your head and acting on false beliefs. This isn't the same as DID.

Myth No. 2: Most people with schizophrenia are violent or dangerous. In movies and TV shows, who is the crazed killer? Often it's the character with this condition. That's not the case in real life.

RELATED:
Managing Insomnia: Not All Meds Are Created Equal
Even though people with schizophrenia can act unpredictably at times, most aren't violent, especially if they're getting treated. People with schizophrenia are more likely to be victims of violence. They're also more likely to harm themselves than others -- suicide rates among people with schizophrenia are high.

When people with this brain disorder do commit violent acts, they usually have another condition, like childhood conduct problems or substance abuse. But the disorder alone doesn't make you physically aggressive.

Myth No. 3: Bad parenting is the cause. Mothers, in particular, often get blamed.

But schizophrenia is a mental illness. It has many causes, including genes, trauma, and drug abuse. Mistakes you've made as a parent won't give your child this condition.

Myth No. 4: If a parent has schizophrenia, you'll get it, too. Genes do play a role. But just because one of your parents has this mental illness doesn't mean you're destined to get it. You might have a slightly higher risk, but scientists don't think genes are the only cause. Certain viruses, not getting enough nutrition before you're born, and other things play a role in turning on the genes.

If one parent has schizophrenia, your risk of getting the condition is about 10%. Having more than one family member with it raises your risk.

Myth No. 5: People with schizophrenia aren't smart. Some studies have found that people with the condition have more trouble on tests of mental skills such as attention, learning, and memory. But that doesn't mean they're not intelligent.

Many creative and smart people throughout history have had schizophrenia. Scientists are even looking into links between genes that may be related to both psychosis and creativity.

Myth No. 6: If you have schizophrenia, you belong in a mental hospital. There was a time when people with mental illnesses were sent to asylums or even prisons. But now that experts know more about this disease, fewer people need to be placed in long-term mental health facilities.

The level of care you need depends on how severe your symptoms are. Many people with schizophrenia live independently, while some live with their family or in supportive housing in their community. It's important to be in close contact with your doctor, and to have support in place to help you continue your treatment as needed.

Myth No. 7: You can't hold a job if you have it. Schizophrenia can make it harder for you to land a job and go to work every day. But with the right treatment, many people can find a position that fits their skills and abilities.

RELATED:
Managing Insomnia: Not All Meds Are Created Equal
Myth No. 8: Schizophrenia makes people lazy. The illness can make it harder for someone to take care of their daily needs, such as dressing and bathing. This doesn't mean they're "lazy." They just need some help with their daily routine.

Myth No. 9: It comes on with a sudden psychotic break.

Fact: Some people have a big mental event that leads to a schizophrenia diagnosis. But symptoms can appear over time and are hard to notice. If you have early symptoms of schizophrenia, you might:

Be less social
Show less interest in normal activities
Withdraw from everyday life
Other symptoms, like acting out delusions and hallucinating, can show up later.

Myth No. 10: I t can't be treated. While there's no known cure for schizophrenia, treatment can help you manage its symptoms and lessen its impact on your life. Antipsychotic medications can help stabilize you and lower the risk of future symptoms. Talk therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are also helpful tools that can show you how to handle stress better and live well. But schizophrenia can sometimes get worse over time. Treatment is usually required for the rest of your life.

With treatment, many people with the condition can live full, productive lives.


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
31-10-2023 04:28
James_
★★★★★
(2201)
keepit wrote:
TED talks. Google - Stephanie Kelton: "The Big Myth of Government Deficits."
Start over with your economic thinking.



I think you know I've gone with the basic trade deficit shrinks an economy. What
prevents that is either inflation and borrowing, deficit spending or some combination of those 3.
Money saved is taken out of circulation as well. How to grow an economy is creating jobs. Populations grow and that requires more people to be put to work.
One issue with that is how fast machines can work. If they're too efficient then jobs disappear as well.
If you consider in Los Angeles that to go to a school like UCLA and it costs $50,000 a year then teachers don't make much in an expensive economy, that's a problem.
And using low interest rates to inflate housing prices to create more value took money out of the federal budget. Then that requires deficit spending to compensate.
It's always possible than any economy might need to limit its trade deficit to something like 2% of that countries GDP. Then that would encourage development in some countries. Just my 2 cents worth.
31-10-2023 16:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Most people have been brainwashed, hypnotized, convinced that we have to grow the economy. I don't buy it. Understanding economics, currency, and federal debt and deficits is more important.
31-10-2023 18:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
Most people have been brainwashed, hypnotized, convinced that we have to grow the economy. I don't buy it. Understanding economics, currency, and federal debt and deficits is more important.


How would a shrinking economy be beneficial?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
31-10-2023 18:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
For one very important reason- there would be less pollution and less co2.
31-10-2023 19:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
For one very important reason- there would be less pollution and less co2.


And fewer jobs causing more unemployment resulting in more crime, poverty, drug use, disease and hunger.

Great plan ass-hole


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 31-10-2023 19:20
31-10-2023 19:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Swan,
I wouldn't recommend less jobs, rather shorter work hours. and less spending on ridiculous stuff.
By less spending i mean less spending by the more wealthy people. Things like yachts, private jets, lavish homes etc. I don't mean less spending by people of low income like me.
We're working those extra hours so the we can have a little more money to spend so the richer people can make money off us and thereby they can buy yachts, airplanes, lavish homes, etc. As it see it we are just working to buy the rich people the exorbitant luxuries.
Edited on 31-10-2023 19:40
31-10-2023 22:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I don't really see how to enforce shorter working hours and less spending on extravagant stuff without bringing in socialistic measures.
If some one knows how to do that please let me know.
31-10-2023 23:30
James_
★★★★★
(2201)
keepit wrote:
Most people have been brainwashed, hypnotized, convinced that we have to grow the economy. I don't buy it. Understanding economics, currency, and federal debt and deficits is more important.



If it grows as the result of the population increasing and mild interest then that would allow for a sustainable economy.
When the U.S. has one of the highest standards of living in the world then I think we should focus on what can sustain it moving forward. History has shown that wars can be a mistake when an economy is going well.
31-10-2023 23:30
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
So now you want to enforce socialist measures without bringing in socialist measures. Gotit.
31-10-2023 23:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Not exactly a solution Gas.
31-10-2023 23:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
RE: the SUN warms the atmosphere01-11-2023 00:29
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.




This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.
01-11-2023 00:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.



This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.


Really? To my knowledge the sun does very little to warm the atmosphere. The way I understand it is the sun heats the surface and the surface warms the atmosphere. Am I totally off my rocker here?


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-11-2023 01:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:
I don't really see how to enforce shorter working hours and less spending on extravagant stuff without bringing in socialistic measures.
If some one knows how to do that please let me know.


If you work few hours, you have less to spend, on anything... Sitting on your ass most of the day is unnatural. Every other species on the planet has to work, to survive. The harder you work, the more successful you are at survival. Employment isn't just about earning to pay for your current needs to survive. You are also saving for when you are no longer willing/able to hold a job (retirement). Which is where spending less is important, so you don't burn through your savings, and have to go back to work, for a survival income.

Not sure why you think others should give you money, they had to do the work for. You have to work, if you wish to survive on this planet. The harder you work, the easier it is to survive. Parasites live off the labor of others...

People have to work, to produce what others purchase. Building that 'extravagant stuff', requires work, creates jobs. Maintaining that stuff also require labor, and more jobs. Wealthy, aren't parasites, or a charity... They provide employment, where others can earn money to spend on what they want/need. People spending less, means less jobs, and fewer people with an income. They'll work, taking what little you have to spend...

Our problem in America is the government is too large, a wastes too much, trying to regulate, control, redistribute wealth. They are a parasite.
01-11-2023 02:38
James_
★★★★★
(2201)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.



This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.


Really? To my knowledge the sun does very little to warm the atmosphere. The way I understand it is the sun heats the surface and the surface warms the atmosphere. Am I totally off my rocker here?



Are you guys serious that you don't know that it was Fourier who back in 1772 said the Earth was to far from the Sun to warm it. What allows for the greenhouse effect.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/how-joseph-fourier-discovered-the-greenhouse-effect-1.3824189#:~:text=Fourier%20calculated%20that%20it%20would,now%20call%20the%20greenhouse%20effect.
01-11-2023 02:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James_ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.



This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.


Really? To my knowledge the sun does very little to warm the atmosphere. The way I understand it is the sun heats the surface and the surface warms the atmosphere. Am I totally off my rocker here?



Are you guys serious that you don't know that it was Fourier who back in 1772 said the Earth was to far from the Sun to warm it. What allows for the greenhouse effect.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/how-joseph-fourier-discovered-the-greenhouse-effect-1.3824189#:~:text=Fourier%20calculated%20that%20it%20would,now%20call%20the%20greenhouse%20effect.


Are you serious? Explain this greenhouse effect please. I still don't get this stuff.


Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-11-2023 13:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
I wouldn't recommend less jobs, rather shorter work hours. and less spending on ridiculous stuff.
By less spending i mean less spending by the more wealthy people. Things like yachts, private jets, lavish homes etc. I don't mean less spending by people of low income like me.
We're working those extra hours so the we can have a little more money to spend so the richer people can make money off us and thereby they can buy yachts, airplanes, lavish homes, etc. As it see it we are just working to buy the rich people the exorbitant luxuries.


Hey ass-hole in a shrinking economy people will need to work more hours for less pay, not the inverse, or do you literally believe that the economy will work the way you recommend, instead of following economic principles?

Take your meds you little butt fart, because a shrinking economy means fewer jobs causing more unemployment resulting in more crime, poverty, drug use, disease and hunger.

Great plan ass-hole, remember senile Joe is counting on you


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 01-11-2023 13:39
01-11-2023 17:15
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Swan, you're a nuisance. It's a good thing noone takes you seriously.
01-11-2023 17:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
Swan, you're a nuisance. It's a good thing noone takes you seriously.


You take me seriously enough to respond like my personal internet parrot

Hey ass-hole in a shrinking economy people will need to work more hours for less pay, not the inverse, or do you literally believe that the economy will work the way you recommend, instead of following economic principles?

Take your meds you little butt fart, because a shrinking economy means fewer jobs causing more unemployment resulting in more crime, poverty, drug use, disease and hunger.

Great plan ass-hole, remember senile Joe is counting on you


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
01-11-2023 21:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
keepit wrote:
Most people have been brainwashed, hypnotized, convinced that we have to grow the economy. I don't buy it. Understanding economics, currency, and federal debt and deficits is more important.

And you understand none of it.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 21:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
keepit wrote:
For one very important reason- there would be less pollution and less co2.


Define this 'pollution'. What is polluting what?
CO2 is not pollution. CO2 is a naturally occurring gas in the atmosphere. It is absolutely essential for life to exist on Earth.

Why do you want less of it?

Don't bother, I already know your answer. You think that CO2 somehow has the magick capability to warm the Earth.

It doesn't.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 21:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
keepit wrote:
I don't really see how to enforce shorter working hours and less spending on extravagant stuff without bringing in socialistic measures.

That itself is socialism in the form of fascism.
keepit wrote:
If some one knows how to do that please let me know.

Socialism doesn't work. All it brings is misery.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 21:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
GasGuzzler wrote:
So now you want to enforce socialist measures without bringing in socialist measures. Gotit.

That's EXACTLY what he's trying to do.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 21:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.

Well put!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 21:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.




This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.

The old switcharoo from claiming that a magick Holy Gas somehow warms the Earth by it's very presence (THAT is claiming the GAS is warming the Earth, as you earlier SAID, liar), to claiming that the Sun is somehow putting out additional energy while putting out the same energy.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 21:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.



This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.


Really? To my knowledge the sun does very little to warm the atmosphere. The way I understand it is the sun heats the surface and the surface warms the atmosphere. Am I totally off my rocker here?


Nope. You got it.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 22:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
I don't really see how to enforce shorter working hours and less spending on extravagant stuff without bringing in socialistic measures.
If some one knows how to do that please let me know.


If you work few hours, you have less to spend, on anything... Sitting on your ass most of the day is unnatural. Every other species on the planet has to work, to survive. The harder you work, the more successful you are at survival. Employment isn't just about earning to pay for your current needs to survive. You are also saving for when you are no longer willing/able to hold a job (retirement). Which is where spending less is important, so you don't burn through your savings, and have to go back to work, for a survival income.

Not sure why you think others should give you money, they had to do the work for. You have to work, if you wish to survive on this planet. The harder you work, the easier it is to survive. Parasites live off the labor of others...

People have to work, to produce what others purchase. Building that 'extravagant stuff', requires work, creates jobs. Maintaining that stuff also require labor, and more jobs. Wealthy, aren't parasites, or a charity... They provide employment, where others can earn money to spend on what they want/need. People spending less, means less jobs, and fewer people with an income. They'll work, taking what little you have to spend...

Our problem in America is the government is too large, a wastes too much, trying to regulate, control, redistribute wealth. They are a parasite.

Since government doesn't produce anything (except more government), their very nature is to be a parasite.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 22:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21579)
James_ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.


You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.



This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.


Really? To my knowledge the sun does very little to warm the atmosphere. The way I understand it is the sun heats the surface and the surface warms the atmosphere. Am I totally off my rocker here?



Are you guys serious that you don't know that it was Fourier who back in 1772 said the Earth was to far from the Sun to warm it. What allows for the greenhouse effect.

So you deny heat. Gotit.
There is no 'greenhouse effect'. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.
You cannot create energy out of nothing.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2023 22:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
You just spouted a rash of misconceptions itn.

Especially what you say about people here claiming that a gas warms the earth. It's the sun that does that. At least that's what i learned in the 3rd grade!
Edited on 01-11-2023 22:31
02-11-2023 01:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
Swan, you're a nuisance. It's a good thing noone takes you seriously.


You take me seriously enough to respond like my personal internet parrot

Hey ass-hole in a shrinking economy people will need to work more hours for less pay, not the inverse, or do you literally believe that the economy will work the way you recommend, instead of following economic principles?

Take your meds you little butt fart, because a shrinking economy means fewer jobs causing more unemployment resulting in more crime, poverty, drug use, disease and hunger.

Great plan ass-hole, remember senile Joe is counting on you


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
02-11-2023 01:47
James_
★★★★★
(2201)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Swan, you're a nuisance. It's a good thing no one takes you seriously.


You take me seriously enough to respond like my personal internet parrot

Hey ass-hole in a shrinking economy people will need to work more hours for less pay, not the inverse, or do you literally believe that the economy will work the way you recommend, instead of following economic principles?

Take your meds you little butt fart, because a shrinking economy means fewer jobs causing more unemployment resulting in more crime, poverty, drug use, disease and hunger.

Great plan ass-hole, remember senile Joe is counting on you



WOW!!! Did you think that up all by yourself? I'm impressed. Some countries are already pursuing a 4 day work week. Economies can adapt. The U.S. is a capitalist country which wants fewer workers working longer hours. Salaried employees are an example of that. They don't get paid over time and can work 60 to 70 hours per week reducing such people by 1/3rd in the work place.
If you missed it, 2 people working 60 hours a week can do the work of 3 people working 40 hours per week.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/10/10/the-four-day-week-which-countries-have-embraced-it-and-how-s-it-going-so-far
Edited on 02-11-2023 01:48
02-11-2023 02:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Swan, you're a nuisance. It's a good thing no one takes you seriously.


You take me seriously enough to respond like my personal internet parrot

Hey ass-hole in a shrinking economy people will need to work more hours for less pay, not the inverse, or do you literally believe that the economy will work the way you recommend, instead of following economic principles?

Take your meds you little butt fart, because a shrinking economy means fewer jobs causing more unemployment resulting in more crime, poverty, drug use, disease and hunger.

Great plan ass-hole, remember senile Joe is counting on you



WOW!!! Did you think that up all by yourself? I'm impressed. Some countries are already pursuing a 4 day work week. Economies can adapt. The U.S. is a capitalist country which wants fewer workers working longer hours. Salaried employees are an example of that. They don't get paid over time and can work 60 to 70 hours per week reducing such people by 1/3rd in the work place.
If you missed it, 2 people working 60 hours a week can do the work of 3 people working 40 hours per week.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2023/10/10/the-four-day-week-which-countries-have-embraced-it-and-how-s-it-going-so-far


I was responding to keepit who wants the economy to shrink, and as we know in a shrinking economy people will need to work more hours for less pay, not the inverse, or do you literally believe that the economy will work the way you recommend, instead of following economic principles?

Take your meds you little butt fart, because a shrinking economy means fewer jobs causing more unemployment resulting in more crime, poverty, drug use, disease and hunger.

Great plan ass-hole, remember senile Joe is counting on you

Now for your delusion that 2 people working 60 hours a week can do the work of 3 people working 40 hours per week.

LOL not if one person goes up in the box, one drives the truck and one stays on safety meaning that three people are needed at a minimum. So the hours per day do not actually control the job does it kid, as the job actually controls the manpower. Then you never worked in the field did you?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
02-11-2023 21:02
James_
★★★★★
(2201)
Swanee, people are working longer hours for less pay. Did you miss my comment about salaried workers? Deficit spending is helping to compensate for lower incomes and the trade deficit. Also some countries and businesses are moving toward a 4 day work week. Did you miss that as well?
02-11-2023 23:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
James_ wrote:
Swanee, people are working longer hours for less pay. Did you miss my comment about salaried workers? Deficit spending is helping to compensate for lower incomes and the trade deficit. Also some countries and businesses are moving toward a 4 day work week. Did you miss that as well?


So you still cannot explain how 2 people can do a 3 or more person job by varying hours.

Your apology is accepted


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
02-11-2023 23:11
James_
★★★★★
(2201)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swanee, people are working longer hours for less pay. Did you miss my comment about salaried workers? Deficit spending is helping to compensate for lower incomes and the trade deficit. Also some countries and businesses are moving toward a 4 day work week. Did you miss that as well?


So you still cannot explain how 2 people can do a 3 or more person job by varying hours.

Your apology is accepted



How do you feel about China having MFN (Most Favored Nation) status for emerging economies? And would you happen to know what the 2 largest economies in the world are?
02-11-2023 23:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swanee, people are working longer hours for less pay. Did you miss my comment about salaried workers? Deficit spending is helping to compensate for lower incomes and the trade deficit. Also some countries and businesses are moving toward a 4 day work week. Did you miss that as well?


So you still cannot explain how 2 people can do a 3 or more person job by varying hours.

Your apology is accepted



How do you feel about China having MFN (Most Favored Nation) status for emerging economies? And would you happen to know what the 2 largest economies in the world are?


The largest economies in the World are
1. United States

2. China

3. Japan

4. Germany

5. India

6. United Kingdom

7. France

8. Italy

9. Canada

10. Brazil

And as for China as I have said before, all of their 3 year old girls deserve 16 hour a day jobs in the factories. People like you just want the Chinese treated like humans which they are not as they relish live monkey brains and always cook their dogs alive


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
02-11-2023 23:28
James_
★★★★★
(2201)
Swan wrote:

The largest economies in the World are
1. United States

2. China

3. Japan

4. Germany

5. India

6. United Kingdom

7. France

8. Italy

9. Canada

10. Brazil

And as for China as I have said before, all of their 3 year old girls deserve 16 hour a day jobs in the factories. People like you just want the Chinese treated like humans which they are not as they relish live monkey brains and always cook their dogs alive



Do you think China deserves MFN status from the U.S.?
03-11-2023 00:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The largest economies in the World are
1. United States

2. China

3. Japan

4. Germany

5. India

6. United Kingdom

7. France

8. Italy

9. Canada

10. Brazil

And as for China as I have said before, all of their 3 year old girls deserve 16 hour a day jobs in the factories. People like you just want the Chinese treated like humans which they are not as they relish live monkey brains and always cook their dogs alive



Do you think China deserves MFN status from the U.S.?


Without Chinese imported goods the American economy completely collapses, the danger that there is a real trade war with Chinese is why we are importing Mexicans to work in the new factories that will need to be built here to replace Chinese goods. So the real question chief is do you want the American economy to make 1929 look like a really good year?


IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?


It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.


Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate TED:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Rising CO2 on declining nutrition in food is big issue, TED talk hears019-04-2019 15:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact