3. Japan

4. Germany

5. India

6. United Kingdom

7. France

8. Italy

9. Canada

10. Brazil

And as for China as I have said before, all of their 3 year old girls deserve 16 hour a day jobs in the factories. People like you just want the Chinese treated like humans which they are not as they relish live monkey brains and always cook their dogs alive

Do you think China deserves MFN status from the U.S.?

Without Chinese imported goods the American economy completely collapses, the danger that there is a real trade war with Chinese is why we are importing Mexicans to work in the new factories that will need to be built here to replace Chinese goods. So the real question chief is do you want the American economy to make 1929 look like a really good year?

The Chinese economy is currently in economic depression. It isn't large at all. Velocity in China is almost nil.

Not everything is imported from China, dummy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-11-2023 02:00
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The largest economies in the World are
1. United States

2. China

3. Japan

4. Germany

5. India

6. United Kingdom

7. France

8. Italy

9. Canada

10. Brazil

And as for China as I have said before, all of their 3 year old girls deserve 16 hour a day jobs in the factories. People like you just want the Chinese treated like humans which they are not as they relish live monkey brains and always cook their dogs alive

Without Chinese imported goods the American economy completely collapses, the danger that there is a real trade war with Chinese is why we are importing Mexicans to work in the new factories that will need to be built here to replace Chinese goods. So the real question chief is do you want the American economy to make 1929 look like a really good year?

The Chinese economy is currently in economic depression. It isn't large at all. Velocity in China is almost nil.

I had Chinese noodles for dinner, does that help?
03-11-2023 04:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Some of these experts on CNBC are starting to scare me about the national debt.
The thing is that china and japan aren't so interested in buying our treasuries. That's a scary thought. Itn could be right!
03-11-2023 04:45
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
keepit wrote:
Some of these experts on CNBC are starting to scare me about the national debt.
The thing is that china and japan aren't so interested in buying our treasuries. That's a scary thought. Itn could be right!

And now we've gone from Isn't could be right to a swan dive into debt? Is that
like saying we've gone from bad to worse? From Isn't (itn) to Swanee?
There simply is no Puget Sound while Isn't says there is. Some people like to be difficult and will never say the Salish Sea. I'm not sure how to deal with those rebels.
RE: incoming infrared and greenhouse gases04-11-2023 09:08
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(597)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Not exactly a solution Gas.

You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.

This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Really? To my knowledge the sun does very little to warm the atmosphere. The way I understand it is the sun heats the surface and the surface warms the atmosphere. Am I totally off my rocker here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the total radiant energy arriving to the atmosphere from the sun is in the visible light range of the spectrum.

Some of the radiant energy that arrives to the atmosphere from the sun is in the infrared range of the light spectrum.

So, to enhance your knowledge of how the sun directly and immediately warms the atmosphere before the rays even reach the ground.

Some gases in the atmosphere have special properties in how they interact with infrared light. Water, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide, for example.

Some of the infrared light from the sun gets intercepted by greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. That IR doesn't reach the ground. It warms the atmosphere.

A lot of the VISIBLE light arriving to the atmosphere passes on through to the surface. That warms the surface, which then emits infrared radiation.

Some of that infrared emitted from the surface goes directly to outer space.

Some of the IR emitted from the surface gets intercepted by greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. This also warms the atmosphere. More than most of us would like.

In no case does a gas warm the atmosphere. But a gas can alter the behavior of infrared light passing through the atmosphere, in one direction or another.
04-11-2023 13:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

You want a solution? Learn what heat is and how it works and then you won't be so deathly terrified of CO2 or any other gas that has no capability to warm the earth whatsoever.

All you will be left with is your raging jealousy of those who took more risk or put in more effort and came out with more money than you.

This website is the only place where I have ever seen anyone suggest that any gas might be capable of warming the atmosphere.

Scientists have known for a very long time that it is the SUN warming the atmosphere.

Really? To my knowledge the sun does very little to warm the atmosphere. The way I understand it is the sun heats the surface and the surface warms the atmosphere. Am I totally off my rocker here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the IR emitted from the surface gets intercepted by greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. This also warms the atmosphere. More than most of us would like.

We will gloss over the "greenhouse gas" error and assume you mean CO2, or methane if you like.

What you have described is a process by which the atmosphere, and the gasses that make up the atmosphere, is cooling the surface. You did not finish the story however. Where does the energy go after being absorbed by a gas? Will you try to tell me CO2 is now insulating the surface?...or will you pivot to the majik bouncing photon that heats the surface multiple times? How does the process terminate? How do we raise the temperature WITHOUT ADDITIONAL ENERGY?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
RE: Oh, Gigi, where do I begin...04-11-2023 19:16
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(597)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

We will gloss over the "greenhouse gas" error and assume you mean CO2, or methane if you like.

What you have described is a process by which the atmosphere, and the gasses that make up the atmosphere, is cooling the surface. You did not finish the story however. Where does the energy go after being absorbed by a gas? Will you try to tell me CO2 is now insulating the surface?...or will you pivot to the majik bouncing photon that heats the surface multiple times? How does the process terminate? How do we raise the temperature WITHOUT ADDITIONAL ENERGY?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's NOT "gloss over the 'greenhouse gas' error"

There is what virtually every scientist agrees is true. And there is what a handful of contrarians insist to be the case.

The flat earthers have every right to their opinion. But if they want their contrarian assertions to be taken seriously, the burden of proof is on them to show that is earth is actually flat.

What I described is NOT a "process by which the atmosphere...is cooling the surface". Kind of the opposite, all though it is not the atmosphere itself that provides the "warming" energy.

"Where does the energy go after being absorbed by a gas?"

Excellent question. It recognizes that the gas is not the source of the energy, just a way station for energy in transition.

Sooner or later, virtually all of it is radiated to outer space as IR light.

Greenhouse gases make it later rather than sooner. They slow down the escape long enough for the air temperature to reach a steady state of higher temperature than it would have in the absence of greenhouse gases.

No additional energy source needs to be invoked to get higher temperature.
04-11-2023 19:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
And gasses aren't surface temperature... What happens high, in the sky, does basically nothing to surface temperature. Radiance is all directions, not just back to the surface. Even if there was shred of truth to 'greenhouse' gasses, most of the IR would still be heading out to space, not back to re-warm the surface.
04-11-2023 20:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's NOT "gloss over the 'greenhouse gas' error"

A greenhouse stays warmer by reducing heat, specifically convective heat. Could you please describe the process by which CO2 reduces convection?

Im a BM wrote:
There is what virtually every scientist agrees is true. And there is what a handful of contrarians insist to be the case.

What a self proclaimed "scientist" says isn't worth a squirt of piss on any forum such as this.

Im a BM wrote:
What I described is NOT a "process by which the atmosphere...is cooling the surface". Kind of the opposite, all though it is not the atmosphere itself that provides the "warming" energy.

Quite wrong. Energy and temperature move in the same direction, so as thermal energy leaves the surface to warm the atmosphere, the surface cools...unless of course there is ADDITIONAL ENERGY being absorbed by the surface.

Im a BM wrote:
"Where does the energy go after being absorbed by a gas?" Excellent question. It recognizes that the gas is not the source of the energy, just a way station for energy in transition.

Sooner or later, virtually all of it is radiated to outer space as IR light.

Greenhouse gases make it later rather than sooner. They slow down the escape long enough for the air temperature to reach a steady state of higher temperature than it would have in the absence of greenhouse gases.

So you are taking the insulation theory. CO2 is not an insulator. It's a conductor. It absorbs and then emits to the nearest cooler matter.

Im a BM wrote:
No additional energy source needs to be invoked to get higher temperature.

Great! You've just solved the world's energy problem's!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 04-11-2023 20:07
04-11-2023 20:33
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(597)
A greenhouse stays warmer by reducing heat, specifically convective heat. Could you please describe the process by which CO2 reduces convection?

What a self proclaimed "scientist" says isn't worth a squirt of piss on any forum such as this.

Quite wrong. Energy and temperature move in the same direction, so as thermal energy leaves the surface to warm the atmosphere, the surface cools...unless of course there is ADDITIONAL ENERGY being absorbed by the surface.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading all the wrong textbooks and scientific journals.

I was never given the truth about how "a greenhouse stays warmer by reducing heat." I'll need to do some reading to figure out what that means.

I was never taught the truth about how infrared light can only go in one direction.-

I don't suppose you have a reference for this version of the greenhouse effect

Did somebody publish something about carbon dioxide being important as a vehicle of convection, rather than an absorber of infrared radiation?

Either I have no idea what the greenhouse effect is... or maybe you don't.
04-11-2023 20:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Im a BM wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading all the wrong textbooks and scientific journals.

I was never given the truth about how "a greenhouse stays warmer by reducing heat." I'll need to do some reading to figure out what that means.

I was never taught the truth about how infrared light can only go in one direction.-

I don't suppose you have a reference for this version of the greenhouse effect

Did somebody publish something about carbon dioxide being important as a vehicle of convection, rather than an absorber of infrared radiation?

Either I have no idea what the greenhouse effect is... or maybe you don't.

Well, let's start here with the greenhouse. Explain why you believe a greenhouse can be 50F inside with an outside temperature of 25F. Then come full circle and explain how any gas can do the same.

Thanks.

04-11-2023 21:04
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(597)
Well, let's start here with the greenhouse. Explain why you believe a greenhouse can be 50F inside with an outside temperature of 25F. Then come full circle and explain how any gas can do the same.

Thanks.[/quote]

"Greenhouse effect" is a metaphor for something happening in the atmosphere, not a physical greenhouse on the ground.

A greenhouse on the ground is transparent to visible light, but reflects infrared.

Incoming sunlight gets the infrared blocked before it gets into the greenhouse.

Visible light entering the greenhouse is absorbed and some of it is transformed into heat.

That heat cannot exit the greenhouse in the form of infrared radiation.

That is the "greenhouse effect" in the atmospheric metaphor.

A physical greenhouse on the ground ALSO blocks convection currents of warm air from exiting as mass flow. But THAT "greenhouse effect" is not part of the metaphor being applied to the atmosphere.

During the hot part of the day, greenhouses often open high windows for the purpose of allowing convection currents to carry the hot air up into the atmosphere. At that point the warming benefits are in overdrive.

With the vents wide open, the greenhouse remains pretty hot.

Infrared is still being reflected back in, rather than exiting to outer space.

With vents wide open to neutralize any convection contribution, that greenhouse would still be warmer than the greenhouse next door, with its vents wide open.

That's because the guy next door thought that "greenhouse effect" was all about blocking the flow of convection currents. He thought that any old glass would work. He saved money by buying glass that allows infrared as well as visible light to pass through.

His infrared-permeable greenhouse was certainly warmer than the empty plot next to it. Trapping the convection currents DOES retain heat.

The atmosphere does not have a physical barrier to prevent the flow of convection currents.

The only "greenhouse effect" it can experience is via infrared absorption.
04-11-2023 22:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:

The largest economies in the World are
1. United States

2. China

3. Japan

4. Germany

5. India

6. United Kingdom

7. France

8. Italy

9. Canada

10. Brazil

You must really enjoy wasting your 7 years of college.

In 2022, the gross domestic product (GDP) of China amounted to around 17.9 trillion U.S. dollars. Which in your opinion is not large at all

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
04-11-2023 22:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
BS... Greenhouses don't need any special filtering glass. A greenhouse can be optimized, with more expensive glass/plastic, if needed for special needs. Usually, there is no need these days for even that. Most greenhouses augment CO2, through burning fossil-fuels. They also use the heat generated. Since they want the CO2, and the heat, they also include a generator, to power artificial lighting. Low power LED lighting in the red/blue spectrum are energy efficient.

Greenhouses only needed to block convection, and keep young plants from freezing at night. A way to get a couple months head start on spring planting. Which worked fine for over a century. They never needed to be super efficient to prevent frost damage.
05-11-2023 03:49
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks.

Im a BM wrote:
"Greenhouse effect" is a metaphor for something happening in the atmosphere, not a physical greenhouse on the ground.
A greenhouse on the ground is transparent to visible light, but reflects infrared.

OK, so infrared can't get in....

Im a BM wrote:

How does sunlight block infrared?

Im a BM wrote:
Visible light entering the greenhouse is absorbed and some of it is transformed into heat.

I'm thinking you meant to say "converted to thermal energy". How can heat be transformed? I think you're still struggling with what heat is.

Im a BM wrote:
That heat

Yeah, still don't know what heat is.

Im a BM wrote:
cannot exit the greenhouse in the form of infrared radiation.

Heat cannot be trapped.

Im a BM wrote:
During the hot part of the day, greenhouses often open high windows for the purpose of allowing convection currents to carry the hot air up into the atmosphere.

Why is there a need for convective currents? Wouldn't the purpose of opening vents be to cool the greenhouse if it's getting warmer than ideal?

Im a BM wrote:
At that point the warming benefits are in overdrive.

Propaganda BS. Nice try.

Im a BM wrote:

Why? If the airflow is good (low intake vents and outgoing near the peak), as the warm air leaves the greenhouse, it must be replaced by surrounding air. It should be near equilibrium with it's surroundings.

Im a BM wrote:

Wait!!!....I thought it couldn't get in due to reflection??!! Here it is...

A greenhouse on the ground is transparent to visible light, but reflects infrared

Well, now that will take some explaining.... I'm all ears, and a tiny bit of ass.

Im a BM wrote:
With vents wide open to neutralize any convection contribution, that greenhouse would still be warmer than the greenhouse next door, with its vents wide open.

That's because the guy next door thought that "greenhouse effect" was all about blocking the flow of convection currents. He thought that any old glass would work. He saved money by buying glass that allows infrared as well as visible light to pass through.

His infrared-permeable greenhouse was certainly warmer than the empty plot next to it. Trapping the convection currents DOES retain heat.

Heat cannot heat retained. Learn what heat is.

Im a BM wrote:
The atmosphere does not have a physical barrier to prevent the flow of convection currents.

Exactly why there is no "greenhouse effect".

Im a BM wrote:

The atmosphere does absorb thermal energy. Does it not also emit?

Edited on 05-11-2023 03:51
05-11-2023 08:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14451)
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

I'm thinking you meant to say "converted to thermal energy". How can heat be transformed? I think you're still struggling with what heat is.

Im a BM wrote:
That heat

Im a BM wrote:

Heat cannot be trapped.

Im a BM wrote:
During the hot part of the day, greenhouses often open high windows for the purpose of allowing convection currents to carry the hot air up into the atmosphere.

Why is there a need for convective currents? Wouldn't the purpose of opening vents be to cool the greenhouse if it's getting warmer than ideal?

Im a BM wrote:

Propaganda BS. Nice try.

Im a BM wrote:

Why? If the airflow is good (low intake vents and outgoing near the peak), as the warm air leaves the greenhouse, it must be replaced by surrounding air. It should be near equilibrium with it's surroundings.

Im a BM wrote:

A greenhouse on the ground is transparent to visible light, but reflects infrared

Well, now that will take some explaining.... I'm all ears, and a tiny bit of ass.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

This is an awesome post! GasGuzzler, I'm a fan. How do I join your fan club?

Harvey is absolutely correct, i.e. greenhouses work simply by blocking airflow (convection) and therefore no special glass is needed whatsoever. There aren't any cars with special glass and yet they all get hot in the summer with the windows up. Squeal Over Furniture is babbling gibberish with his fumbling explanations of greenhouses doing photon magic instead of just blocking air.

Oh, and you did an amazing job of not allowing bogus uses of the word "heat." Did I mention that I want to join your fan club?
05-11-2023 17:11
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:
That heat

Im a BM wrote:

Heat cannot be trapped.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Propaganda BS. Nice try.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Harvey is absolutely correct, i.e. greenhouses work simply by blocking airflow (convection) and therefore no special glass is needed whatsoever. There aren't any cars with special glass and yet they all get hot in the summer with the windows up. Squeal Over Furniture is babbling gibberish with his fumbling explanations of greenhouses doing photon magic instead of just blocking air.

Oh, and you did an amazing job of not allowing bogus uses of the word "heat." Did I mention that I want to join your fan club?

And you guys just proved what the IPCC has been saying.
05-11-2023 19:17
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:
That heat

Im a BM wrote:

Heat cannot be trapped.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Propaganda BS. Nice try.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Thank you for your loyalty. It is very easy to join with just a simple 3 step process. Do you still have your GassGuzzler Renewables card? It looks like the one pictured. If it's lost or most commonly stolen, I can get you a replacement. I know a guy.

You will just need to transfer 24 carbon credits to my One Universe card. If that's a problem, let me know, I can probably get you the weekend discounted rate of 37 carbon credits. Anyway, Sven is over for gas grilled venison and beer tonight and you know what that means...lots of methane and those photons will get trapped with nowhere to go. Their residence time will be HUGE!

Just want to make sure I have the proper accreditation for tonight's event so if you could expedite the transaction I'd be unpresentedly grateful. Thanks in advance. Welcome to the fan club!

Attached image:

05-11-2023 21:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14451)
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Thanks.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:
That heat

Im a BM wrote:

Heat cannot be trapped.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Propaganda BS. Nice try.

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Im a BM wrote:

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate TED:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Rising CO2 on declining nutrition in food is big issue, TED talk hears019-04-2019 15:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact