Remember me
▼ Content

Sturgis

Sturgis08-08-2020 03:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
The Sturgis get together in south dakota might make the case against masks or it might make the case for masks. What an experiment it will be?
Think of it this way. Of 250,000 fairly careless people (about masks and distancing) we can assume there will be a big number who are already infected when they get there. What number you ask? Let's say 1 in 10 or 25,000. Those 25,000 careless people might each infect infect 2 people. This sort of thing takes about 3 days. These new 50,000 infectees might infect 2 for 1 or 100,000 more people. Another 3 days. That makes a total of 175,000. Then in 3 more days another 75,000 could get infected. That makes 250,000. Most of them won't even know they're infected when they leave. Now don't take this speculation too seriously.
For one thing it will be an outdoors event which is much safer. Also it could be that masks aren't as effective as supposed.
It will be a telling experiment. The proof is in the pudding.
08-08-2020 03:10
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Making up numbers... continued fear mongering... masks don't stop or prevent the spread of viruses. Get out and enjoy life a little...
08-08-2020 05:10
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I think catching a cold, is the least of their worries... Some of them biker bitches are kind of nasty, but as easy as simply unzipping you pants. Some will even do that, even without being asked...

Bike week in Daytona got cut short a couple of days, out of fears of the local government, which turned out to be most panic driven. Wasn't a huge problem. We didn't really start getting bad, until the New York refuges started arriving by the thousands, daily. Many thought it a good idea, to stay with grandma and grandpa, at the retirement condo. Save a few bucks on a room, and enjoy all the activities available. The New Yorkers fled, because of their lockdown, while Florida was open, and not having problems. We had to lockdown, to stop the refuges, bastards.
08-08-2020 18:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Of course it's made up numbers. It's a hypothetical scenario to help one grasp the negative possibilities of such a dangerous situation. You can tell that it's hypothetical by the words, "Let's say".
Of course masks don't stop the flow of the virus but they do reduce the flow of the virus. It's kind of like GHG's which slow, but don't stop, the flow of energy from the ground to outer space.
Don't miss the simple things. That's an order. Heh heh.
08-08-2020 20:41
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Of course it's made up numbers. It's a hypothetical scenario to help one grasp the negative possibilities of such a dangerous situation. You can tell that it's hypothetical by the words, "Let's say".
Of course masks don't stop the flow of the virus but they do reduce the flow of the virus. It's kind of like GHG's which slow, but don't stop, the flow of energy from the ground to outer space.

Masks are pointless most of the time, since relatively few people are actually walking around infected, as are there are very few likely to die, if infected. Divide the total number of cases in your area, by the total population of that area, multiply by 100, you have the percentage of people known to been infected. The total cases, is from the start of testing, not those currently infected. Consider that 14 days has been the standard quarantine period.

Face masks make about the same sense, as requiring everybody to wear a construction helmet, while in public places, strongly suggest at home, since something might fall on you head, causing brain injury. Or requiring everyone to wear a 'bulletproof' vest, since some liberal cities have a flying lead epidemic.

Face-masks, and social distancing don't really help that much, to justify mandates. It's feel-good politics. The government, can lean out it, like they are trying to do something, until a vaccine can fail. People have somebody to blame, other than the government. Even if they could get everyone face-covered, the test results won't change. They'll blame certain styles of masks, as not effective as the should be. Medical masks come in different sizes, and fits, only slightly adjustable, to form a tight seal. For the public, a mask is a mask, just comply with the current mandate. They are basically useless, other than avoiding getting a fine, in some liberal, tax-happy places.
08-08-2020 21:11
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
The case positivity rate in miami dade county is 26%. Case positivity rate is the number of positive tests over the number of people tested. It is a current figure, not a historical figure. That's pretty high and worthy of masks.
08-08-2020 21:30
(5197)
keepit wrote:
The case positivity rate in miami dade county is 26%. Case positivity rate is the number of positive tests over the number of people tested. It is a current figure, not a historical figure. That's pretty high and worthy of masks.

That's the number for a single day of testing. You wish to ignore the total population of Miami/Dade. Same thing goes, as my previous post. Divide the number of positives, by the TOTAL POPULATION, and you will see just how tiny the percentage of people known to be potentially walking around infected. You have a better chance of finding a dollar, just walking down the sidewalk.

Last month, when I did the math, only about 3% of the total population of Florida, could have been tested, even one time, since testing began. That's not much, for less than 6 months of testing, at maximum capacity of the labs.

Just because someone tests negative, doesn't mean they are immune, and don't need to ever get cotton-swab, nose-raped ever again.

The numbers reported are misleading, for maximum fear-factor. Look at the whole picture/population, and it's basically nothing to 'sneeze' at.
09-08-2020 00:37
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I'm not sure i can make sense of your post. What you said about "a single day of testing" is confusing.
A single day of testing is very current. A day in the past of a day in the future doesn't mean much as far as demonstrating the current danger.
It's true that the case positivity rate doesn't represent the entire population. It's a relative number compared to other locales
09-08-2020 03:00
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Of course it's made up numbers.

So you admit that you are talking out of your ass?

keepit wrote:
It's a hypothetical scenario to help one grasp the negative possibilities of such a dangerous situation.

Great! I got one for you too then, while we're at it:

Of 250,000 fairly careless people (about their belief in Jesus Christ and his death on the cross for our sins) we can assume there will be a big number who are already unbelievers when they get there. What number you ask? Let's say 1 in 10 or 25,000. Those 25,000 careless people might each spread their unbelief to 2 people. This sort of thing takes about 15-30 minutes of continued conversation. These new 50,000 unbelievers in Christ might spread their unbelief to 2 for 1 or 100,000 more people. Another 15-30 minutes of continued conversation. That makes a total of 175,000. Then with another 15-30 minutes of continued conversation another 75,000 could get "infected" with unbelief in Jesus Christ. That makes 250,000. Most of them won't even know that they will be damned to the lake of fire for all eternity after they die. Now don't take this speculation too seriously.

keepit wrote:
You can tell that it's hypothetical by the words, "Let's say".
Of course masks don't stop the flow of the virus but they do reduce the flow of the virus.

Masks do not stop nor prevent the spread of COVID-19.

keepit wrote:
It's kind of like GHG's which slow, but don't stop, the flow of energy from the ground to outer space.

Unambiguously define GHG's and provide a model for how they work that does not violate science.

keepit wrote:

Your mind is quite simple... maybe that's a rice-a-rona side effect... Have you gotten tested for the controlyavirus yet?
09-08-2020 03:02
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Masks do not stop nor prevent the spread of COVID-19... You are attempting to stop/prevent the spread of water by using a spaghetti strainer... tmiddles could tell you all about how that works...
09-08-2020 21:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
keepit wrote:
The Sturgis get together in south dakota might make the case against masks or it might make the case for masks. What an experiment it will be?
Think of it this way. Of 250,000 fairly careless people (about masks and distancing) we can assume there will be a big number who are already infected when they get there. What number you ask? Let's say 1 in 10 or 25,000. Those 25,000 careless people might each infect infect 2 people. This sort of thing takes about 3 days. These new 50,000 infectees might infect 2 for 1 or 100,000 more people. Another 3 days. That makes a total of 175,000. Then in 3 more days another 75,000 could get infected. That makes 250,000. Most of them won't even know they're infected when they leave. Now don't take this speculation too seriously.
For one thing it will be an outdoors event which is much safer. Also it could be that masks aren't as effective as supposed.
It will be a telling experiment. The proof is in the pudding.

Contrivance. Random numbers used as data. Masks do not stop a virus.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2020 21:35
(21599)
keepit wrote:

Making the entire contrivance worthless. Why did you bring it up?
keepit wrote:
Of course masks don't stop the flow of the virus but they do reduce the flow of the virus.

Nope. Masks do not stop a virus. A virus doesn't 'flow'.
keepit wrote:
It's kind of like GHG's which slow, but don't stop, the flow of energy from the ground to outer space.

No gas or vapor is capable of trapping light. You are denying the Stefan-Boltzmann law again.
keepit wrote:

You miss the simple things...even deny them. You deny the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, the Stefan-Boltzmann law, and the N95 specification.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2020 21:36
(21599)
keepit wrote:

Base rate fallacy. Masks do not stop a virus.

The Parrot Killer

09-08-2020 21:39
(21599)
keepit wrote:
I'm not sure i can make sense of your post.

It was perfectly clear, dumbass.
keepit wrote:
What you said about "a single day of testing" is confusing.

It was perfectly clear, dumbass.
keepit wrote:
A single day of testing is very current.

Base rate fallacy.
keepit wrote:
A day in the past of a day in the future doesn't mean much as far as demonstrating the current danger.

Base rate fallacy. Fear mongering.
keepit wrote:
It's true that the case positivity rate doesn't represent the entire population. It's a relative number compared to other locales

Base rate fallacy. Fear mongering.

No argument presented. Denial of mathematics. Denial of N95 specification. Masks do not stop a virus.

The Parrot Killer

09-08-2020 23:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
What a load ITN.
I'll deal with one of them though.
I don't speak for anyone. That isn't the same thing as speaking for them. What i do is speak about them, usually in a favorable way.
You're a waste of time.
Edited on 09-08-2020 23:07
10-08-2020 22:20
(21599)
keepit wrote:
What a load ITN.
I'll deal with one of them though.
I don't speak for anyone. That isn't the same thing as speaking for them. What i do is speak about them, usually in a favorable way.
You're a waste of time.

Nope. You are speaking for them. A fallacy, liar. Bigotry is a fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

10-08-2020 22:27
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ITN,
Don't you get tired of your silly pronouncements?
11-08-2020 00:05
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Don't you get tired of your silly pronouncements?

keepit,
Don't you get tired of being sooooo damn stooooopid?

Join the debate Sturgis:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Remember Sturgis ?3711-12-2020 04:05
Sturgis2814-09-2020 01:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact