stefan boltzmann

Page 6 of 6<<<456
14-01-2021 01:59
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
Actually the earth is cooling very very slowly because the distance between earth and sun is increasing( although very slowly). Also the magma chamber inside the earth is supposed to cool down very very slowly. So overall things are getting cooler not warmer.

Xadoman,
Please, let's not get into glacial periods. If the greater extent of the inter-glacial period has ended, how would you explain that to someone?

There has not been an inter-glacial period. The earth slowly cools down because the magma chamber slowly cools down. The energy from the sun is constant. The earth also moves slowly away from the sun so this also has a cooling effect.
14-01-2021 02:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
Actually the earth is cooling very very slowly because the distance between earth and sun is increasing( although very slowly). Also the magma chamber inside the earth is supposed to cool down very very slowly. So overall things are getting cooler not warmer.

Xadoman,
Please, let's not get into glacial periods. If the greater extent of the inter-glacial period has ended, how would you explain that to someone?

There has not been an inter-glacial period. The earth slowly cools down because the magma chamber slowly cools down. The energy from the sun is constant. The earth also moves slowly away from the sun so this also has a cooling effect.

And now we are getting somewhere. It is a starting point. The earth cannot cool if it has not warmed. But we do need to define warming and cooling.
As you said, it relates to energy from the Sun. For a basic understanding, this is a start. Einstein showed there is a variation in Newton's gravitational field.
14-01-2021 07:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14413)
The earth cannot cool if it has not warmed. - James__ on Climate Debate

Behaving as the wind behaves No nearer -- - T. S. Eliot in The Hollow Men

The earth's temperature fluctuates with the sun's fluctuations, behaving as the sun behaves No nearer -- - IBDaMann on Climate Debate

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-01-2021 15:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

James___ wrote:
If we consider the past 800,000 years, the Little Ice Age was one of the warmer periods. But you know nothing of history.

Was it now?? You were there 800,000 years ago to witness it? Damn you sure are an old fart!!

Did you watch Jesus die on the cross?

No, I didn't.

James___ wrote:
That was 2,000 years ago.

Roughly 2,000 years ago, yes.

James___ wrote:
Do you accept that he was crucified?

Yes.

James___ wrote:
Why? Because someone recorded history? That's not it. It must be word of mouth.

More-so because I accept The Bible as a True on a faith basis.

James___ wrote:
... deleted James-babbling...

For you gfm. If you look at what is above the black line, when the Little Ice Age occurred. When it was that warm.

Attached image:

14-01-2021 15:04
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Xadoman,

The Earth's orbit around the Sun changes.
14-01-2021 16:59
(14413)
James___ wrote:The Earth's orbit around the Sun changes.

The earth's distance from the sun is constantly changing, not having a perfectly circular orbit.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-01-2021 18:28
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
James___ wrote:
For you gfm. If you look at what is above the black line, when the Little Ice Age occurred. When it was that warm.

I don't care about random numbers. They mean nothing to me.
14-01-2021 20:01
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

And yet you rely on random numbers to get online. If someone showed you the series of 1s and 0s, they'd be completely random. It's also how memory works in programmable devices. Some people take time to understand them.
If you were familiar with historical warming and cooling trends, you'd have noticed them in the graph. Yet you are ranting about something that you have no understanding of.
Since they say the Medieval Warm Period lasted about 400 years, we might be getting ready to start cooling off in the next couple of decades.

As shown by numerous studies using a wide variety of methods, the MWP was a period of global warming. One example among many is the study of tree rings in China (Fig. 21.10; Liu et al., 2011).

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/medieval-warm-period

p.s., if you want to debate something, why not learn a little about what you're debating?
14-01-2021 20:21
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: Where do you find this shit??!! Skippy is a food group to me, but peanut butter chicken?

Oh HELL no!!

Au contraire mon frere, this may be what you think today, right now. Write it down so you never forget ... then prepare that recipe.

You'll be chirping an entirely different tune afterwards as you scramble to make another batch because you can't get enough.

Do I sound like maybe I was in your shoes when I first saw that video?

Have you ever become addicted to something? I'm just asking.

Nope. I'm calling you out on disrespect to chicken. If I had your location I'd have PETA at your door today.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
14-01-2021 20:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

James___ wrote:
If we consider the past 800,000 years, the Little Ice Age was one of the warmer periods. But you know nothing of history.

Was it now?? You were there 800,000 years ago to witness it? Damn you sure are an old fart!!

No, I didn't.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Yes.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-01-2021 21:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

James___ wrote:

No, I didn't.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Yes.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

We don't really need to. 659 4.5 magnitude or greater earthquakes around Greenland the last 10 years lets us know that it's warming. The previous 10 years, there were only 464. This suggests that tectonic plates are rising.

Attached image:

14-01-2021 21:04
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
The 464 for the previous 10 year period. And when they start decreasing, then cooling should be on the way. With tectonic plates, am discussing them in a different thread.
Attached image:

14-01-2021 21:06
(21599)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:

And yet you rely on random numbers to get online.

While encryption libraries such as libssh to make use of random numbers, and this site uses HTTPS protocol, yes, he is using random numbers to get online here. That is not temperature. Pivot fallacy.
James___ wrote:
If someone showed you the series of 1s and 0s, they'd be completely random.

No. They would be simply a sequence of numbers in a base 2 numbering system.
James___ wrote:
It's also how memory works in programmable devices. Some people take time to understand them.

Memory does not make use of random numbers. Memory is not 1's and 0's. It can be represented in any base numbering system. A byte, for example, may be represented as 0 to 255, 0 to FF, 0 to 377, or 0 to 11111111, using base 10, 16, 8, and 2 respectively.
James___ wrote:
If you were familiar with historical warming and cooling trends,

It is not possible to measure the temperature of Earth.
James___ wrote:
you'd have noticed them in the graph.

Graphs of random numbers are meaningless.
James___ wrote:
Yet you are ranting about something that you have no understanding of.

Inversion fallacy. That would be YOU.
James___ wrote:
Since they say the Medieval Warm Period lasted about 400 years, we might be getting ready to start cooling off in the next couple of decades.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of Earth.
James___ wrote:
As shown by numerous studies using a wide variety of methods, the MWP was a period of global warming. One example among many is the study of tree rings in China (Fig. 21.10; Liu et al., 2011).

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/medieval-warm-period

Argument from randU fallacy. False authority fallacy.

p.s., if you want to debate something, why not learn a little about what you're debating?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-01-2021 21:07
(21599)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

James___ wrote:

No, I didn't.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

Yes.

James___ wrote:

James___ wrote:

We don't really need to. 659 4.5 magnitude or greater earthquakes around Greenland the last 10 years lets us know that it's warming. The previous 10 years, there were only 464. This suggests that tectonic plates are rising.

Earthquakes are not temperature.

The Parrot Killer

14-01-2021 21:40
(14413)
GasGuzzler wrote:Nope. I'm calling you out on disrespect to chicken. If I had your location I'd have PETA at your door today.

I can respect your avoidance of the same addictive downward spiral that seized me and quickly spun out of control. I couldn't even make it through all twelve steps to get clean.

I need a fix even as we speak.

P.s. - PETA showed me how to prepare that recipe in an oven without a grill. It seems they are addicted too.

14-01-2021 21:56
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: Where do you find this shit??!! Skippy is a food group to me, but peanut butter chicken?

Oh HELL no!!

Au contraire mon frere, this may be what you think today, right now. Write it down so you never forget ... then prepare that recipe.

You'll be chirping an entirely different tune afterwards as you scramble to make another batch because you can't get enough.

Nope. I'm calling you out on disrespect to chicken. If I had your location I'd have PETA at your door today.

People Eating Tasty Animals??

I like that organization too!
15-01-2021 04:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Oh HELL no!!

Damn straight. I'm a card carrying member.

I ethically killed this one with a Muzzy tipped arrow.

IBdaMann, you asked if I have addictions. This is my addiction. Bacon and cheddar wrapped venison back strap medium rare.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

15-01-2021 15:50
(14413)
GasGuzzler wrote:IBdaMann, you asked if I have addictions. This is my addiction. Bacon and cheddar wrapped venison back strap medium rare.

Yep, I've never had it but I'm addicted already.

Perhaps the only way to make it better would be for it to be bacon wrapped bacon and cheddar wrapped venison backstrap medium rare.

15-01-2021 16:38
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:IBdaMann, you asked if I have addictions. This is my addiction. Bacon and cheddar wrapped venison back strap medium rare.

Perhaps the only way to make it better would be for it to be bacon wrapped bacon and cheddar wrapped venison backstrap medium rare.

Yup, that would make it better... I would additionally bacon wrap the bacon and cheddar wrapped bacon and cheddar wrapped venison backstrap.

I'm also one of those people who would much prefer my meat to be cooked to "medium well" as opposed to "medium rare".
15-01-2021 16:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Oh HELL no!!

Damn straight. I'm a card carrying member.

I ethically killed this one with a Muzzy tipped arrow.

IBdaMann, you asked if I have addictions. This is my addiction. Bacon and cheddar wrapped venison back strap medium rare.

And the Sami who live in the north of Scandinavia (the arctic) eat like that everyday. But it's special when you eat like they do. I can live with that.

https://www.arctictoday.com/theres-more-than-one-way-to-cook-a-reindeer/
15-01-2021 17:34
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Yup, that would make it better... I would additionally bacon wrap the bacon and cheddar wrapped bacon and cheddar wrapped venison backstrap.

I'm also one of those people who would much prefer my meat to be cooked to "medium well" as opposed to "medium rare".

Sounds good guys. I'll add additional "porkulus" to it next time.

15-01-2021 18:07
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Bacon and cheese are heaven on Earth...
15-01-2021 18:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Burger King has a $1 bacon cheeseburger. If you compared it to McDonald's $2 cheeseburger, it's just better and is made with real hamburger. You guys should try one and for only $1 plus tax, you might be surprised.
15-01-2021 21:25
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Burger King has a $1 bacon cheeseburger. If you compared it to McDonald's $2 cheeseburger, it's just better and is made with real hamburger. You guys should try one and for only $1 plus tax, you might be surprised.

I all but never eat at "fast food" places like Burger King / Culvers / McDonalds, etc. anymore (except for when I buy a pizza on Tuesdays; I typically buy them from either Papa Murphy's or Pizza Hut, once in a while from Little Caesars and very rarely from somewhere else).

Otherwise, I cook my own food, which typically consists of meat/animal products (usually involves hamburger, but also other various animal meats) and sometimes I have some fruits/veggies/etc (usually involves corn, lima beans, dehydrated apples, and others)
16-01-2021 05:54
(14413)
gfm7175 wrote: I'm also one of those people who would much prefer my meat to be cooked to "medium well" as opposed to "medium rare".

How barbaric! Medium WELL? Why not eat raw charcoal?

18-01-2021 16:57
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: I'm also one of those people who would much prefer my meat to be cooked to "medium well" as opposed to "medium rare".

Because charcoal has the word 'coal' in it, and coal is an evil fossil fuel that the devil Global Warming uses in his attempt to destroy my goddess Climate.

Additionally, 'raw' reminds me of the nonexistence of any raw data to support my claims... Hopefully you will just take my word for it that greenhouse gases warming the Earth is thettled thience because the climate thienthiths say so. I mean, you go to a doctor when you're sick, right? Jeeze... yet another stupid flat Earther...
18-01-2021 23:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Because charcoal has the word 'coal' in it, and coal is an evil fossil fuel that the devil Global Warming uses in his attempt to destroy my goddess Climate.

Additionally, 'raw' reminds me of the nonexistence of any raw data to support my claims... Hopefully you will just take my word for it that greenhouse gases warming the Earth is thettled thience because the climate thienthiths say so. I mean, you go to a doctor when you're sick, right? Jeeze... yet another stupid flat Earther...

So when talking about food, you have to include climate change? Why are you so emotionally entangled in that subject for?
As for eating charcoal, if a person has indigestion, it might actually act as an antacid. https://charcoalremedies.com/2019/06/05/acid_indigestion/
Just no reason to make fun of "eating" charcoal.
How is it an intelligent individual like yourself missed this? I mean parrots in South America eat something similar. They go to a specific cliff bank. It seems that a part of their diet is highly acidic and by eating something similar, they can relax.
An FYI for you. Since I live in Kentucky, I have tried making this known which the IPCC put in it's 2013 report.

Carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrous oxide (N2O), and methane (CH4) are each important to climate forcing and to the levels of stratospheric ozone (see Chapter 2). In terms of the globally averaged ozone column, additional N2O leads to lower ozone levels, whereas additional CO2 and CH4 lead to higher ozone levels. Ozone depletion to date would have been greater if not for the historical increases in CO2 and CH4.

That's something I'm trying to work with yet you hate me for it. The media in Kentucky doesn't care. And please be mindful, this is Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's state. The Kentucky state senate is about 75% Republican.
With me, I think that should be a part of the climate debate discussion but it's not. And that's because of why? Because the IPCC itself said that CO2 is good for the ozone layer?
And please attack me for that as a Global Warming Alarmist. That's all you know.
I did say climate change report and IPCC. As for everything else, all you read was "climate change report" and "IPCC". You focused on buzzwords. And as ITN would say, needing CO2 in the atmosphere to support the ozone layer is "buzzword fallacy" and "word salad". He'd probably make a pretty good liberal arts college professor.

And gfm, what I'm pursing, neither political party would like. In politics, sometimes it's about what we can live and work with. When it's about what you want, go to church and pray.
Edited on 18-01-2021 23:35
19-01-2021 00:19
(14413)
gfm7175 wrote: Hopefully you will just take my word for it that greenhouse gases warming the Earth is thettled thience because the climate thienthiths say so. I mean, you go to a doctor when you're sick, right? Jeeze... yet another stupid flat Earther...

I have bad news for you. That Wisconsin propaganda was only tested on Wisconsiners and Wisconsinites. You shouldn't fear and panic at the government's instruction, especially when it's only test propaganda for refinement purposes.

19-01-2021 00:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@gfm, since Kentucky is the #2 coal producing state in the US, it is something that could benefit Kentucky. Kind of where "Resource Management" matters. Coal production in the FUTURE could help to support eastern Kentucky while helping to preserve the ozone layer.
The Kentucky Coal Association told me they will not work to help their own cause. It's if they can spend money so coal businesses can make money, that's it. Just profit today. Yet with limited resources being managed, then they could benefit people's great grand kids. Or is it just about having it good today?

p.s., in Hell, everyone listens to born again Christians talk about how they knew there was a Heaven. And what is Heaven? Where born again Christians spend eternity saying we knew it, we just knew it. And for everyone else, it will be Hell.

Edited on 19-01-2021 00:48
19-01-2021 16:21
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: Hopefully you will just take my word for it that greenhouse gases warming the Earth is thettled thience because the climate thienthiths say so. I mean, you go to a doctor when you're sick, right? Jeeze... yet another stupid flat Earther...

I have bad news for you. That Wisconsin propaganda was only tested on Wisconsiners and Wisconsinites. You shouldn't fear and panic at the government's instruction, especially when it's only test propaganda for refinement purposes.

Haha, that's great!
Page 6 of 6<<<456

Join the debate stefan boltzmann:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Surface temperature of earth according to Boltzmann law5610-05-2023 15:46
1st law, 2nd law, stefan boltzman, plank1711-06-2020 16:22
Greenhouse Gases Do NOT Violate The Stefan-Boltzmann Law74322-11-2019 04:54
Stefan-Boltzmann Law At A Non-Vacuum Interface2020-10-2019 23:41
Stefan-Boltzmann and the Botlzmann Constant8312-10-2018 20:51
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact