Remember me
▼ Content

sea ice



Page 3 of 3<123
02-03-2021 22:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9089)
Into the Night wrote:Ah...a nice cold glass of crab meat! I like this serving suggestion!

It forms a nice head if you use the right technique. I recommend a chilled glass.

.
.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-03-2021 23:43
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Dude ships are not required to report the ice to the coast guard. If the ship does not have the proper gear they may call the coast guard to get the location of the ice however.

You do know that the coast guard has active live radar right.

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, they aren't required, obligated to share with anyone. And there are likely some that can't/won't for legal reasons. Radar will help the boat it's on, but not many others. You don't seem to be getting that it's better none of the ship sailing in the Arctic ice get into trouble in the first place, since others have to take the same risks to rescue.

Swan wrote:
LOL everything that you know about boats traces back to deadliest catch. Kid it's a tv show, and is not all real..................



The TV show the Deadliest Catch is real. My dad went up to Alaska many times on either a crab boat or an "at sea" processor. While skippers aren't required to share conditions, if it's something that hasn't been reported, they will. They know how dangerous what they're doing is.
At the same time ships will record weather related data in their ships logs which they're willing to share. Just because it's not something that you wouldn't do doesn't mean others don't.
The USCG has ice breakers. If a ship gets trapped in the ice, the Coast Guard can get them out. It would be "new" ice so it would be easy to break through. I think with the USCG, their ships can go through up to 3 feet of ice. I checked and the USCG has one ice breaker that can go through 21 feet of ice. I had a brother who served in the USCG and went to Alaska with our father among other trips at sea. Haven't you been out to sea yet?
https://www.ktoo.org/2013/08/07/polar-star/


I said that it is not all real and it is not. Nothing on TV is completely real including the news.

LOL your dad shucked crab meat from crabs for minimum wage

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams and oysters.


LOL I suppose a shucker would know. However you are wrong again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

How to Shuck Blue Crabs
Posted on September 17, 2012 by IGYC
Because our family has been commercially fishing local waters for three generations, eating blue crabs is second nature to us. It's always been a part of our lives so we're amazed when customers come in that have never eaten or even seen a blue crab. While we offer to shuck them at no additional charge for all dine in customers, the beginners are our favorites. Watching someone get the hang of it and then enjoying the fruits of their labor is rewarding both for us and for them.

If you've not yet had the chance to shuck crabs for yourself, we've put together this video to show you how. We break it down into steps and show you what is and isn't edible. I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous that you're getting inside secrets right from the start. When we were too young to remember, our father literally handed us a crab and said "eat what tastes good and spit out what doesn't". At the end of the day, watching others do it and "eating what tastes good" is the best way to learn how to eat local blue crabs.

Enjoy!

Yawn
03-03-2021 02:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15508)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Dude ships are not required to report the ice to the coast guard. If the ship does not have the proper gear they may call the coast guard to get the location of the ice however.

You do know that the coast guard has active live radar right.

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, they aren't required, obligated to share with anyone. And there are likely some that can't/won't for legal reasons. Radar will help the boat it's on, but not many others. You don't seem to be getting that it's better none of the ship sailing in the Arctic ice get into trouble in the first place, since others have to take the same risks to rescue.

Swan wrote:
LOL everything that you know about boats traces back to deadliest catch. Kid it's a tv show, and is not all real..................



The TV show the Deadliest Catch is real. My dad went up to Alaska many times on either a crab boat or an "at sea" processor. While skippers aren't required to share conditions, if it's something that hasn't been reported, they will. They know how dangerous what they're doing is.
At the same time ships will record weather related data in their ships logs which they're willing to share. Just because it's not something that you wouldn't do doesn't mean others don't.
The USCG has ice breakers. If a ship gets trapped in the ice, the Coast Guard can get them out. It would be "new" ice so it would be easy to break through. I think with the USCG, their ships can go through up to 3 feet of ice. I checked and the USCG has one ice breaker that can go through 21 feet of ice. I had a brother who served in the USCG and went to Alaska with our father among other trips at sea. Haven't you been out to sea yet?
https://www.ktoo.org/2013/08/07/polar-star/


I said that it is not all real and it is not. Nothing on TV is completely real including the news.

LOL your dad shucked crab meat from crabs for minimum wage

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams and oysters.


LOL I suppose a shucker would know. However you are wrong again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

How to Shuck Blue Crabs
Posted on September 17, 2012 by IGYC
Because our family has been commercially fishing local waters for three generations, eating blue crabs is second nature to us. It's always been a part of our lives so we're amazed when customers come in that have never eaten or even seen a blue crab. While we offer to shuck them at no additional charge for all dine in customers, the beginners are our favorites. Watching someone get the hang of it and then enjoying the fruits of their labor is rewarding both for us and for them.

If you've not yet had the chance to shuck crabs for yourself, we've put together this video to show you how. We break it down into steps and show you what is and isn't edible. I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous that you're getting inside secrets right from the start. When we were too young to remember, our father literally handed us a crab and said "eat what tastes good and spit out what doesn't". At the end of the day, watching others do it and "eating what tastes good" is the best way to learn how to eat local blue crabs.

Enjoy!

Yawn

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams, and oysters.
Yes. We have a beach All three are on the beach. I've gotten pretty good at shucking these tasty edibles. We also have crabs just offshore. You don't shuck crabs. You cook 'em and peel 'em.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
03-03-2021 02:38
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Dude ships are not required to report the ice to the coast guard. If the ship does not have the proper gear they may call the coast guard to get the location of the ice however.

You do know that the coast guard has active live radar right.

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, they aren't required, obligated to share with anyone. And there are likely some that can't/won't for legal reasons. Radar will help the boat it's on, but not many others. You don't seem to be getting that it's better none of the ship sailing in the Arctic ice get into trouble in the first place, since others have to take the same risks to rescue.

Swan wrote:
LOL everything that you know about boats traces back to deadliest catch. Kid it's a tv show, and is not all real..................



The TV show the Deadliest Catch is real. My dad went up to Alaska many times on either a crab boat or an "at sea" processor. While skippers aren't required to share conditions, if it's something that hasn't been reported, they will. They know how dangerous what they're doing is.
At the same time ships will record weather related data in their ships logs which they're willing to share. Just because it's not something that you wouldn't do doesn't mean others don't.
The USCG has ice breakers. If a ship gets trapped in the ice, the Coast Guard can get them out. It would be "new" ice so it would be easy to break through. I think with the USCG, their ships can go through up to 3 feet of ice. I checked and the USCG has one ice breaker that can go through 21 feet of ice. I had a brother who served in the USCG and went to Alaska with our father among other trips at sea. Haven't you been out to sea yet?
https://www.ktoo.org/2013/08/07/polar-star/


I said that it is not all real and it is not. Nothing on TV is completely real including the news.

LOL your dad shucked crab meat from crabs for minimum wage

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams and oysters.


LOL I suppose a shucker would know. However you are wrong again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

How to Shuck Blue Crabs
Posted on September 17, 2012 by IGYC
Because our family has been commercially fishing local waters for three generations, eating blue crabs is second nature to us. It's always been a part of our lives so we're amazed when customers come in that have never eaten or even seen a blue crab. While we offer to shuck them at no additional charge for all dine in customers, the beginners are our favorites. Watching someone get the hang of it and then enjoying the fruits of their labor is rewarding both for us and for them.

If you've not yet had the chance to shuck crabs for yourself, we've put together this video to show you how. We break it down into steps and show you what is and isn't edible. I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous that you're getting inside secrets right from the start. When we were too young to remember, our father literally handed us a crab and said "eat what tastes good and spit out what doesn't". At the end of the day, watching others do it and "eating what tastes good" is the best way to learn how to eat local blue crabs.

Enjoy!

Yawn

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams, and oysters.
Yes. We have a beach All three are on the beach. I've gotten pretty good at shucking these tasty edibles. We also have crabs just offshore. You don't shuck crabs. You cook 'em and peel 'em.


Well then clearly you do not know as much as you think that you know.

https://tag.wonderhowto.com/how-to-shuck-crab-legs/

How to Shuck Crab Legs

Prepare and crack Alaskan King Crab legs
How to prepare and crack Alaskan King Crab legs About 90% of the crab legs are already cooked on the boat. So you are really not cooking them you are just heating them up. To heat them you can put them in a big frying pan with a little bit of water. Cover the pan with a lid an ...more

How to Shuck Blue Crabs
Posted on September 17, 2012 by IGYC
Because our family has been commercially fishing local waters for three generations, eating blue crabs is second nature to us. It's always been a part of our lives so we're amazed when customers come in that have never eaten or even seen a blue crab. While we offer to shuck them at no additional charge for all dine in customers, the beginners are our favorites. Watching someone get the hang of it and then enjoying the fruits of their labor is rewarding both for us and for them.

If you've not yet had the chance to shuck crabs for yourself, we've put together this video to show you how. We break it down into steps and show you what is and isn't edible. I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous that you're getting inside secrets right from the start. When we were too young to remember, our father literally handed us a crab and said "eat what tastes good and spit out what doesn't". At the end of the day, watching others do it and "eating what tastes good" is the best way to learn how to eat local blue crabs.

Enjoy!
03-03-2021 17:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15508)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Dude ships are not required to report the ice to the coast guard. If the ship does not have the proper gear they may call the coast guard to get the location of the ice however.

You do know that the coast guard has active live radar right.

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, they aren't required, obligated to share with anyone. And there are likely some that can't/won't for legal reasons. Radar will help the boat it's on, but not many others. You don't seem to be getting that it's better none of the ship sailing in the Arctic ice get into trouble in the first place, since others have to take the same risks to rescue.

Swan wrote:
LOL everything that you know about boats traces back to deadliest catch. Kid it's a tv show, and is not all real..................



The TV show the Deadliest Catch is real. My dad went up to Alaska many times on either a crab boat or an "at sea" processor. While skippers aren't required to share conditions, if it's something that hasn't been reported, they will. They know how dangerous what they're doing is.
At the same time ships will record weather related data in their ships logs which they're willing to share. Just because it's not something that you wouldn't do doesn't mean others don't.
The USCG has ice breakers. If a ship gets trapped in the ice, the Coast Guard can get them out. It would be "new" ice so it would be easy to break through. I think with the USCG, their ships can go through up to 3 feet of ice. I checked and the USCG has one ice breaker that can go through 21 feet of ice. I had a brother who served in the USCG and went to Alaska with our father among other trips at sea. Haven't you been out to sea yet?
https://www.ktoo.org/2013/08/07/polar-star/


I said that it is not all real and it is not. Nothing on TV is completely real including the news.

LOL your dad shucked crab meat from crabs for minimum wage

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams and oysters.


LOL I suppose a shucker would know. However you are wrong again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

How to Shuck Blue Crabs
Posted on September 17, 2012 by IGYC
Because our family has been commercially fishing local waters for three generations, eating blue crabs is second nature to us. It's always been a part of our lives so we're amazed when customers come in that have never eaten or even seen a blue crab. While we offer to shuck them at no additional charge for all dine in customers, the beginners are our favorites. Watching someone get the hang of it and then enjoying the fruits of their labor is rewarding both for us and for them.

If you've not yet had the chance to shuck crabs for yourself, we've put together this video to show you how. We break it down into steps and show you what is and isn't edible. I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous that you're getting inside secrets right from the start. When we were too young to remember, our father literally handed us a crab and said "eat what tastes good and spit out what doesn't". At the end of the day, watching others do it and "eating what tastes good" is the best way to learn how to eat local blue crabs.

Enjoy!

Yawn

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams, and oysters.
Yes. We have a beach All three are on the beach. I've gotten pretty good at shucking these tasty edibles. We also have crabs just offshore. You don't shuck crabs. You cook 'em and peel 'em.


Well then clearly you do not know as much as you think that you know.

https://tag.wonderhowto.com/how-to-shuck-crab-legs/

How to Shuck Crab Legs...


You don't shuck crabs. You peel them.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
03-03-2021 19:52
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3369)
Depends on which Yankee state you were spawn...
03-03-2021 23:12
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Dude ships are not required to report the ice to the coast guard. If the ship does not have the proper gear they may call the coast guard to get the location of the ice however.

You do know that the coast guard has active live radar right.

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, they aren't required, obligated to share with anyone. And there are likely some that can't/won't for legal reasons. Radar will help the boat it's on, but not many others. You don't seem to be getting that it's better none of the ship sailing in the Arctic ice get into trouble in the first place, since others have to take the same risks to rescue.

Swan wrote:
LOL everything that you know about boats traces back to deadliest catch. Kid it's a tv show, and is not all real..................



The TV show the Deadliest Catch is real. My dad went up to Alaska many times on either a crab boat or an "at sea" processor. While skippers aren't required to share conditions, if it's something that hasn't been reported, they will. They know how dangerous what they're doing is.
At the same time ships will record weather related data in their ships logs which they're willing to share. Just because it's not something that you wouldn't do doesn't mean others don't.
The USCG has ice breakers. If a ship gets trapped in the ice, the Coast Guard can get them out. It would be "new" ice so it would be easy to break through. I think with the USCG, their ships can go through up to 3 feet of ice. I checked and the USCG has one ice breaker that can go through 21 feet of ice. I had a brother who served in the USCG and went to Alaska with our father among other trips at sea. Haven't you been out to sea yet?
https://www.ktoo.org/2013/08/07/polar-star/


I said that it is not all real and it is not. Nothing on TV is completely real including the news.

LOL your dad shucked crab meat from crabs for minimum wage

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams and oysters.


LOL I suppose a shucker would know. However you are wrong again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

How to Shuck Blue Crabs
Posted on September 17, 2012 by IGYC
Because our family has been commercially fishing local waters for three generations, eating blue crabs is second nature to us. It's always been a part of our lives so we're amazed when customers come in that have never eaten or even seen a blue crab. While we offer to shuck them at no additional charge for all dine in customers, the beginners are our favorites. Watching someone get the hang of it and then enjoying the fruits of their labor is rewarding both for us and for them.

If you've not yet had the chance to shuck crabs for yourself, we've put together this video to show you how. We break it down into steps and show you what is and isn't edible. I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous that you're getting inside secrets right from the start. When we were too young to remember, our father literally handed us a crab and said "eat what tastes good and spit out what doesn't". At the end of the day, watching others do it and "eating what tastes good" is the best way to learn how to eat local blue crabs.

Enjoy!

Yawn

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams, and oysters.
Yes. We have a beach All three are on the beach. I've gotten pretty good at shucking these tasty edibles. We also have crabs just offshore. You don't shuck crabs. You cook 'em and peel 'em.


Well then clearly you do not know as much as you think that you know.

https://tag.wonderhowto.com/how-to-shuck-crab-legs/

How to Shuck Crab Legs...


You don't shuck crabs. You peel them.


You are not smart
03-03-2021 23:47
James___
★★★★★
(4480)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

You don't shuck crabs. You peel them.


You are not smart



Haven't you guys had crab before? I thought everyone knew this. First you boil the crab. It's color will change. Kind of how you know it's been cooked. And then which part of the crab are you talking about?
The legs/claws you crack open with something like you would use for walnuts. Then you can suck out some of the crab meat but there are also forks for this. That's where the best meat is.
The main body isn't as good. It has less meat and it's not as good. Kind of why crab legs are what most stores sale. And with King Crabs, most are imported from Russia. The season in Alaska is about 2 weeks long because of over fishing. The smaller crabs have 2 names. Tanner and Dungeness. When they were thrown away, they were called tanner crabs. Today they're called Dungeness because of marketing.
And basically crab shells are cracked open. Like a nut, it's shell is basically an exoskeleton, the meat is on the inside. With the main body, think of a mussel or a clam, it's pried open.

p.s., just asking. You guys have had seafood before, right?
Edited on 03-03-2021 23:49
04-03-2021 00:50
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2052)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You don't shuck crabs. You peel them.


You are not smart

You are describing yourself again...
04-03-2021 03:11
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You don't shuck crabs. You peel them.


You are not smart

You are describing yourself again...


Yawn


Edited on 04-03-2021 03:12
04-03-2021 07:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15508)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

You don't shuck crabs. You peel them.


You are not smart



Haven't you guys had crab before? I thought everyone knew this. First you boil the crab. It's color will change. Kind of how you know it's been cooked. And then which part of the crab are you talking about?
The legs/claws you crack open with something like you would use for walnuts. Then you can suck out some of the crab meat but there are also forks for this. That's where the best meat is.
The main body isn't as good. It has less meat and it's not as good. Kind of why crab legs are what most stores sale. And with King Crabs, most are imported from Russia. The season in Alaska is about 2 weeks long because of over fishing. The smaller crabs have 2 names. Tanner and Dungeness. When they were thrown away, they were called tanner crabs. Today they're called Dungeness because of marketing.
And basically crab shells are cracked open. Like a nut, it's shell is basically an exoskeleton, the meat is on the inside. With the main body, think of a mussel or a clam, it's pried open.

p.s., just asking. You guys have had seafood before, right?

Crabs also have internal 'skeletons', also made of shell.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
06-03-2021 01:23
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Dude ships are not required to report the ice to the coast guard. If the ship does not have the proper gear they may call the coast guard to get the location of the ice however.

You do know that the coast guard has active live radar right.

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, they aren't required, obligated to share with anyone. And there are likely some that can't/won't for legal reasons. Radar will help the boat it's on, but not many others. You don't seem to be getting that it's better none of the ship sailing in the Arctic ice get into trouble in the first place, since others have to take the same risks to rescue.

Swan wrote:
LOL everything that you know about boats traces back to deadliest catch. Kid it's a tv show, and is not all real..................



The TV show the Deadliest Catch is real. My dad went up to Alaska many times on either a crab boat or an "at sea" processor. While skippers aren't required to share conditions, if it's something that hasn't been reported, they will. They know how dangerous what they're doing is.
At the same time ships will record weather related data in their ships logs which they're willing to share. Just because it's not something that you wouldn't do doesn't mean others don't.
The USCG has ice breakers. If a ship gets trapped in the ice, the Coast Guard can get them out. It would be "new" ice so it would be easy to break through. I think with the USCG, their ships can go through up to 3 feet of ice. I checked and the USCG has one ice breaker that can go through 21 feet of ice. I had a brother who served in the USCG and went to Alaska with our father among other trips at sea. Haven't you been out to sea yet?
https://www.ktoo.org/2013/08/07/polar-star/


I said that it is not all real and it is not. Nothing on TV is completely real including the news.

LOL your dad shucked crab meat from crabs for minimum wage

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams and oysters.


LOL I suppose a shucker would know. However you are wrong again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2SplnJuQ

How to Shuck Blue Crabs
Posted on September 17, 2012 by IGYC
Because our family has been commercially fishing local waters for three generations, eating blue crabs is second nature to us. It's always been a part of our lives so we're amazed when customers come in that have never eaten or even seen a blue crab. While we offer to shuck them at no additional charge for all dine in customers, the beginners are our favorites. Watching someone get the hang of it and then enjoying the fruits of their labor is rewarding both for us and for them.

If you've not yet had the chance to shuck crabs for yourself, we've put together this video to show you how. We break it down into steps and show you what is and isn't edible. I have to admit that I'm pretty jealous that you're getting inside secrets right from the start. When we were too young to remember, our father literally handed us a crab and said "eat what tastes good and spit out what doesn't". At the end of the day, watching others do it and "eating what tastes good" is the best way to learn how to eat local blue crabs.

Enjoy!

Yawn

You don't shuck crabs. You shuck mussels, clams, and oysters.
Yes. We have a beach All three are on the beach. I've gotten pretty good at shucking these tasty edibles. We also have crabs just offshore. You don't shuck crabs. You cook 'em and peel 'em.


Well then clearly you do not know as much as you think that you know.

https://tag.wonderhowto.com/how-to-shuck-crab-legs/

How to Shuck Crab Legs...


You don't shuck crabs. You peel them.


Crabs are shucked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu6BV4Gg388
06-03-2021 02:05
James___
★★★★★
(4480)
Swan wrote:

Crabs are shucked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu6BV4Gg388



I'll just go with crabs are cracked open. You shuck corn. The difference? With corn, the husk is peeled away from it. With crabs, you can't peel it's exoskeleton away.
The video literally does not show any shucking. Nothing of the shell is being peeled away from the meat. Instead, he's striking the exoskeleton against the edge of a container. That's not shucking by any means.
And he has so many more views. With what you posted Swan, I'd never eat crab that way. It's just gross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuN0wljMeuw

The image is of a crab cracker.

Attached image:


Edited on 06-03-2021 02:06
06-03-2021 03:25
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Crabs are shucked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu6BV4Gg388



I'll just go with crabs are cracked open. You shuck corn. The difference? With corn, the husk is peeled away from it. With crabs, you can't peel it's exoskeleton away.
The video literally does not show any shucking. Nothing of the shell is being peeled away from the meat. Instead, he's striking the exoskeleton against the edge of a container. That's not shucking by any means.
And he has so many more views. With what you posted Swan, I'd never eat crab that way. It's just gross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuN0wljMeuw

The image is of a crab cracker.


LOL the first thing you do to a crab is peel off the exoskeleton (shell)

Caught thousands of them for my mother back in the day
06-03-2021 05:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3369)
Arctic ice... So, just how much dry land is exposed, when the arctic ice melts every summer? The sea ice melts and reforms every year, no real way to determine thickness, over the many miles. Don't recall any discussion of bare, ice-free land being exposed in the arctic though.
06-03-2021 05:49
James___
★★★★★
(4480)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Arctic ice... So, just how much dry land is exposed, when the arctic ice melts every summer? The sea ice melts and reforms every year, no real way to determine thickness, over the many miles. Don't recall any discussion of bare, ice-free land being exposed in the arctic though.



When you ask
So, just how much dry land is exposed, when the arctic ice melts every summer?

I'm not sure if someone has considered that. While that would be regarded as glacial melt, how does sea ice affect that? Ya know what Harvey? I might actually do some online research about that.
06-03-2021 09:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3369)
It just seems like the only arctic ice disappearing, is the sea ice, which reforms every year. Chunks of ice break off, and fall into the sea. But, I can't recall anything about bare ground in the arctic. Must happen occasionally, but extremely rare, or the climate guys would be showing it off. Ice retreat on dry land would be easy to mark and measure every year, and no debating the melt.
06-03-2021 19:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15508)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Crabs are shucked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu6BV4Gg388



I'll just go with crabs are cracked open. You shuck corn. The difference? With corn, the husk is peeled away from it. With crabs, you can't peel it's exoskeleton away.
The video literally does not show any shucking. Nothing of the shell is being peeled away from the meat. Instead, he's striking the exoskeleton against the edge of a container. That's not shucking by any means.
And he has so many more views. With what you posted Swan, I'd never eat crab that way. It's just gross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuN0wljMeuw

The image is of a crab cracker.

You don't shuck corn either. You husk corn.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
07-03-2021 06:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9089)
Into the Night wrote:You don't shuck corn either. You husk corn.

You can also crack corn and I won't care.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Page 3 of 3<123





Join the debate sea ice:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The South China Sea709-03-2021 03:01
Are We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age? Woods Hole Oceanographic15819-02-2021 02:07
sea levels11517-02-2021 08:02
Should climate scientist try to regrow the glacial maximum dropping sea levels11031-01-2021 16:44
https://www.waclimate.net/perth-sea-levels.html627-11-2020 01:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact