Remember me
▼ Content

Please update me



Page 2 of 2<12
25-11-2019 22:07
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


Getting burned by a hot chunk of iron only shows thermal energy NOT being stored and flowing into your hand.


So if a bar of iron holds onto heat temporarily, why cant a gas?


Heat is not contained in anything. Nothing holds heat. You cannot hold, store, or trap heat.


So why not grab the bar.


If the hot bar is trapping heat then it should be OK...go for it!


It does not instantly go cold the moment its removed from the heat and neither does the gas idiot.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
25-11-2019 22:11
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1790)
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


Getting burned by a hot chunk of iron only shows thermal energy NOT being stored and flowing into your hand.


So if a bar of iron holds onto heat temporarily, why cant a gas?


Heat is not contained in anything. Nothing holds heat. You cannot hold, store, or trap heat.


So why not grab the bar.


If the hot bar is trapping heat then it should be OK...go for it!


It does not instantly go cold the moment its removed from the heat and neither does the gas idiot.


But it does go cold? OK, so the heat was never trapped, idiot.


All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
25-11-2019 22:32
James___
★★★★★
(3170)
GasGuzzler, this is an example of black body radiation. Trap might be the wrong word to use. In this experiment heat is being refracted specific wavelengths in accordance with E = hv. When the piece of metal absorbs heat, it becomes a prism.
Where the heat was plasma, when emitted from the steel piece it becomes electromagnetic radiation. The laws of thermodynamics allows for energy to change form. This is one example of that.

https://youtu.be/Wvm4hurlock
25-11-2019 22:36
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1790)
James___ wrote:
Trap might be the wrong word to use.


"CO2 traps heat."

That IS the argument from the Church.


All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
Edited on 25-11-2019 22:43
25-11-2019 22:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7463)
James___ wrote: Haven't you noticed? itn has been quiet. He's letting his disciples do all the talking.

Aside from Into the Night's numerous preceding posts, yes, you are absolutely correct. I wasn't aware that I had earned the rank of Into the Night's disciple. Yesss! Wait! Where's my certificate?


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-11-2019 23:21
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
y
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


Getting burned by a hot chunk of iron only shows thermal energy NOT being stored and flowing into your hand.


So if a bar of iron holds onto heat temporarily, why cant a gas?


Heat is not contained in anything. Nothing holds heat. You cannot hold, store, or trap heat.


So why not grab the bar.


If the hot bar is trapping heat then it should be OK...go for it!


It does not instantly go cold the moment its removed from the heat and neither does the gas idiot.


But it does go cold? OK, so the heat was never trapped, idiot.


Traped retained we both know what we are on about and we both know that the laws of physics aren't broken.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
25-11-2019 23:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


Getting burned by a hot chunk of iron only shows thermal energy NOT being stored and flowing into your hand.


So if a bar of iron holds onto heat temporarily, why cant a gas?


Heat is not contained in anything. Nothing holds heat. You cannot hold, store, or trap heat.


So why not grab the bar.

Why not?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-11-2019 23:53
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1790)
spot wrote:
y
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


Getting burned by a hot chunk of iron only shows thermal energy NOT being stored and flowing into your hand.


So if a bar of iron holds onto heat temporarily, why cant a gas?


Heat is not contained in anything. Nothing holds heat. You cannot hold, store, or trap heat.


So why not grab the bar.


If the hot bar is trapping heat then it should be OK...go for it!


It does not instantly go cold the moment its removed from the heat and neither does the gas idiot.


But it does go cold? OK, so the heat was never trapped, idiot.


Traped retained we both know what we are on about and we both know that the laws of physics aren't broken.


No , I don't know what we're "on about". You sure it isn't a roundabout you're on?

Hey, IBdaMann had a great question you dodged really well till now.

Hold an ice cube in your hand. That cold sensation...is that heat?


All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
25-11-2019 23:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


I do better than that. I weld. I also use gloves.


So do I


I don't believe you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-11-2019 23:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


Getting burned by a hot chunk of iron only shows thermal energy NOT being stored and flowing into your hand.


So if a bar of iron holds onto heat temporarily, why cant a gas?


Heat is not contained in anything. Nothing holds heat. You cannot hold, store, or trap heat.


So why not grab the bar.


If the hot bar is trapping heat then it should be OK...go for it!


It does not instantly go cold the moment its removed from the heat and neither does the gas idiot.

Yes it does. It instantly starts to get cold.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-11-2019 23:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler, this is an example of black body radiation. Trap might be the wrong word to use. In this experiment heat is being refracted specific wavelengths in accordance with E = hv. When the piece of metal absorbs heat, it becomes a prism.

Iron is not a prism.
James___ wrote:
Where the heat was plasma,

Heat is not a substance.
James___ wrote:
when emitted from the steel piece it becomes electromagnetic radiation.

Light is not a substance.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-11-2019 23:59
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Source of heat stops. thing that is hot stays hot. laws of physics not broken

Simple enough for you?
26-11-2019 00:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
y
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are projecting again. I'm trying to recall whether you have ever demonstrated knowledge of anything. Can you help me out on that? Nothing comes to mind off-hand.

If heat cannot be stored and you are so smart why dont you grab a poker straight out of a fire?


Getting burned by a hot chunk of iron only shows thermal energy NOT being stored and flowing into your hand.


So if a bar of iron holds onto heat temporarily, why cant a gas?


Heat is not contained in anything. Nothing holds heat. You cannot hold, store, or trap heat.


So why not grab the bar.


If the hot bar is trapping heat then it should be OK...go for it!


It does not instantly go cold the moment its removed from the heat and neither does the gas idiot.


But it does go cold? OK, so the heat was never trapped, idiot.


Traped retained we both know what we are on about and we both know that the laws of physics aren't broken.


You are still trying to ignore the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. You are also trying to redefine 'heat'.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-11-2019 00:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
Source of heat stops. thing that is hot stays hot. laws of physics not broken

Simple enough for you?


You are ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-11-2019 00:45
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Well the 2nd law must be wrong because the hot bar of metal is not safe to handle the instant its removed from the heat grab the metal the 2nd law will protect you.

Or you could possibly be wrong.

Which you are

Everyone who is not a total imbecile knows that.
26-11-2019 20:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
Well the 2nd law must be wrong because the hot bar of metal is not safe to handle the instant its removed from the heat grab the metal the 2nd law will protect you.

Sure it is. Just use gloves or pliers.
spot wrote:
Or you could possibly be wrong.
No, that would be you. Inversion fallacy.
spot wrote:
Which you are
No, that would be you.
spot wrote:
Everyone who is not a total imbecile knows that.

You don't get to speak for anyone but you. Argument from randU fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-11-2019 21:06
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,
26-11-2019 21:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


Generally you don't. Just grab the cold end.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-11-2019 22:20
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


Generally you don't. Just grab the cold end.


Did you do a lot of acid back in the day?


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
26-11-2019 23:46
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1790)
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


If the heat is retained, it's not coming out into your hand, so no glove needed.


All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
27-11-2019 01:22
James___
★★★★★
(3170)
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


If the heat is retained, it's not coming out into your hand, so no glove needed.



Once again, you can open a beer or open a book. People walk on hot coals without burning their feet. Hopefully this helps you to understand the concept of heat and heat transfer.

https://youtu.be/1W7FahK7DO4
27-11-2019 01:46
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1790)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


If the heat is retained, it's not coming out into your hand, so no glove needed.



Once again, you can open a beer or open a book. People walk on hot coals without burning their feet. Hopefully this helps you to understand the concept of heat and heat transfer.

https://youtu.be/1W7FahK7DO4


How about this if you are so interested in educating me....

In detail and in your own words, please discuss the difference between heat and heat transfer.

I'll grab a beer while I anxiously await your response.


All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
Edited on 27-11-2019 01:47
27-11-2019 02:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


Generally you don't. Just grab the cold end.


Did you do a lot of acid back in the day?


Yes. Mostly nitric and sulfuric acid. Still do. I also find hydrochloric acid quite useful.

Perhaps you're more of a vinegar man.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-11-2019 03:22
James___
★★★★★
(3170)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


If the heat is retained, it's not coming out into your hand, so no glove needed.



Once again, you can open a beer or open a book. People walk on hot coals without burning their feet. Hopefully this helps you to understand the concept of heat and heat transfer.

https://youtu.be/1W7FahK7DO4


How about this if you are so interested in educating me....

In detail and in your own words, please discuss the difference between heat and heat transfer.

I'll grab a beer while I anxiously await your response.



Heat is heat transfer. There are different ways to consider this. Try rubbing both of your palms against each other using a back and forth motion.
Your hands will get hot. Why?
It's because the friction of rubbing them together excites the molecules in your skin. This allows those molecules to emit and absorb energy (heat content) that they have stored.
Basically the KE of both of your hands change because of the work done by your arms to move them. And when heat content is moving from one molecule in your hand to a different molecule, it is heat.
Try it, you'll find your palms will be too hot to keep rubbing them together.
27-11-2019 04:03
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1790)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
[quote]spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


If the heat is retained, it's not coming out into your hand, so no glove needed.


Once again, you can open a beer or open a book. People walk on hot coals without burning their feet. Hopefully this helps you to understand the concept of heat and heat transfer.

https://youtu.be/1W7FahK7DO4


How about this if you are so interested in educating me....

In detail and in your own words, please discuss the difference between heat and heat transfer.

I'll grab a beer while I anxiously await your response.


Well, you took too long to respond, so I've opened more than one beer.


James___ wrote:Heat is heat transfer.

No, heat IS transfer.

James___ wrote:Try rubbing both of your palms against each other using a back and forth motion.

OK.....?

James___ wrote:Your hands will get hot. Why?

Well I had my thumb up my ass for a long time waiting for your response. Did that have anything to do with it?

James___ wrote:It's because the friction of rubbing them together excites the molecules in your skin.
This allows those molecules to emit and absorb energy (heat content) that they have stored.
Basically the KE of both of your hands change because of the work done by your arms to move them.

So when I use the engine to drive my truck, I've changed the kinetic energy of the tires? Doesn't sound quite right.

James___ wrote:And when heat content is moving from one molecule in your hand to a different molecule, it is heat.

So is heat content a noun or a verb?

James___ wrote:Try it, you'll find your palms will be too hot to keep rubbing them together.

Says the guy who claims a cigarette can be extinguished in the palm of his hand, pain free.



All the time the base and surface are at equal temperature as the equilibrium graduates to establish the temperature development--Pete Rogers
Edited on 27-11-2019 04:09
27-11-2019 04:13
James___
★★★★★
(3170)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
[quote]GasGuzzler wrote:
[quote]spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


If the heat is retained, it's not coming out into your hand, so no glove needed.


Once again, you can open a beer or open a book. People walk on hot coals without burning their feet. Hopefully this helps you to understand the concept of heat and heat transfer.

https://youtu.be/1W7FahK7DO4


How about this if you are so interested in educating me....

In detail and in your own words, please discuss the difference between heat and heat transfer.

I'll grab a beer while I anxiously await your response.


Well, you took too long to respond, so I've opened more than one beer.


James___ wrote:Heat is heat transfer.

No, heat IS transfer.

Try rubbing both of your palms against each other using a back and forth motion.

OK.....?

[quote]James___ wrote:Your hands will get hot. Why?

Well I had my thumb up my ass for a long time waiting for your response. Did that have anything to do with it?

[quote]James___ wrote:It's because the friction of rubbing them together excites the molecules in your skin.
This allows those molecules to emit and absorb energy (heat content) that they have stored.
Basically the KE of both of your hands change because of the work done by your arms to move them.

So when I use the engine to drive my truck, I've changed the kinetic energy of the tires? Doesn't sound quite right.

[quote]James___ wrote:And when heat content is moving from one molecule in your hand to a different molecule, it is heat.

So is heat content a noun or a verb?

[quote]James___ wrote:Try it, you'll find your palms will be too hot to keep rubbing them together.

Says the guy who claims a cigarette can be extinguished in the palm of your hand, pain free.



I think when you said that you stuck your thumb up your ass showed what you know. Did it feel good? Did the friction of it moving in and out cause it or you to get hot? Any chance you sucked your thumb when you pulled it out of your ass?
Was your thumb warmer because it was up your ass? Can you explain why your thumb becomes warmer when it is up your ass ass opposed to when you are sucking on it?
27-11-2019 10:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


If the heat is retained, it's not coming out into your hand, so no glove needed.



Once again, you can open a beer or open a book. People walk on hot coals without burning their feet. Hopefully this helps you to understand the concept of heat and heat transfer.

https://youtu.be/1W7FahK7DO4


How about this if you are so interested in educating me....

In detail and in your own words, please discuss the difference between heat and heat transfer.

I'll grab a beer while I anxiously await your response.



Heat is heat transfer. There are different ways to consider this. Try rubbing both of your palms against each other using a back and forth motion.

The term 'heat transfer' is redundant
James___ wrote:
Your hands will get hot. Why?
It's because the friction of rubbing them together excites the molecules in your skin. This allows those molecules to emit and absorb energy (heat content) that they have stored.

Heat is not contained in anything.
James___ wrote:
Basically the KE of both of your hands change because of the work done by your arms to move them. And when heat content is moving from one molecule in your hand to a different molecule, it is heat.

Heat is not contained in anything.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 27-11-2019 10:34
27-11-2019 19:34
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


Generally you don't. Just grab the cold end.


Did you do a lot of acid back in the day?


Yes. Mostly nitric and sulfuric acid. Still do. I also find hydrochloric acid quite useful.

Perhaps you're more of a vinegar man.


Not really what I has in mind I had no idea that they could be taken recreationally.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
27-11-2019 20:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
Why do you need gloves or tongs or something else to grab it if heat cannot be retained,


Generally you don't. Just grab the cold end.


Did you do a lot of acid back in the day?


Yes. Mostly nitric and sulfuric acid. Still do. I also find hydrochloric acid quite useful.

Perhaps you're more of a vinegar man.


Not really what I has in mind I had no idea that they could be taken recreationally.


Then you've missed out on a lot of fun.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
08-02-2020 22:23
CzarnyZajaczek
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
jenb wrote:
If I recall correctly, most of the energy emitted by the sun is IR


52 to 55% of solar emission is IR. Nearly 100% of thermal radiation from Earth surface is IR.
08-02-2020 22:44
James___
★★★★★
(3170)
Into the Night wrote:

Heat is not contained in anything.
[



KE of a gas is considered to be heat content. When a gas emits heat content, then it becomes heat. This is because it is a flow. If something does not have heat content, then it cannot allow for heat. ie, atmospheric gases can store heat content.
This is different than "temperature". Temperature is the average heat (flow of energy) in a given volume. ie., room temperature is the average heat (flow of energy) in a space that is accepted as being a room in your home.
You must be friends with that bastardizer IBDM. I heard he would have a family but he can't grasp what a relationship is or how it should be defined. It's an abstract concept to "it". Sad, just plain sad.
09-02-2020 02:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7463)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Heat is not contained in anything.

You must be friends with that bastardizer IBDM. I heard he would have a family but he can't grasp what a relationship is or how it should be defined. It's an abstract concept to "it". Sad, just plain sad.


@ Into the Night, you will never be able to outdo me. You aren't half the bastardizer I am. Let me know if you need any pointers. I'm here through Thursday.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-02-2020 03:03
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(573)
A lot of good information presented shame it turned in to name calling
09-02-2020 06:36
James___
★★★★★
(3170)
duncan61 wrote:
A lot of good information presented shame it turned in to name calling



If you're talking about something said in reference to IBDM or ITN, it's not name calling. We know each other. If I call IBDM a bastardizer, it's used in an affectionate sort of way. An example is if I hated my wife and my kids, there is IBDM.
I mean the guy is sooo stooopid he doesn't accept 3/2kTn but will say Stefan-Boltzmann constant. I tell his mother everyday that the best part of him was scraped off of the floor and put back in her. Simple genetics. What can I say? I got drunk and pulled it out to soon.
Kind of the relationship that exists in here. We have our different points of view and deal with it.
09-02-2020 08:16
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7463)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
A lot of good information presented shame it turned in to name calling
If you're talking about something said in reference to IBDM or ITN, it's not name calling. We know each other. If I call IBDM a bastardizer, it's used in an affectionate sort of way. An example is if I hated my wife and my kids, there is IBDM.
I mean the guy is sooo stooopid he doesn't accept 3/2kTn but will say Stefan-Boltzmann constant. I tell his mother everyday that the best part of him was scraped off of the floor and put back in her. Simple genetics. What can I say? I got drunk and pulled it out to soon.
Kind of the relationship that exists in here. We have our different points of view and deal with it.

duncan, yeah listen to James__, he's just joking around. He knows that I don't have a mother. I was spontaneously generated. It explains why I have no friends. Society has never really accepted my alternative "life source."


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-02-2020 18:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13293)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Heat is not contained in anything.
[



KE of a gas is considered to be heat content.

Nope. Heat is not contained in anything. You are speaking of thermal energy.
James___ wrote:
When a gas emits heat content,

Heat is not contained in anything.
James___ wrote:
then it becomes heat. This is because it is a flow. If something does not have heat content, then it cannot allow for heat. ie, atmospheric gases can store heat content.

Again, you are speaking of thermal energy.
James___ wrote:
This is different than "temperature". Temperature is the average heat (flow of energy) in a given volume. ie., room temperature is the average heat (flow of energy) in a space that is accepted as being a room in your home.

Nope. Heat has no temperature. Thermal energy is not temperature. Temperature is the AVERAGE internal kinetic energy of a substance, while thermal energy is the total internal kinetic energy of a substance. Heat has no temperature, but it does have a rate.

Thermal energy is not emitted. Electromagnetic energy (light) is not thermal energy. It is not by itself heat, either. Heat is the flow of thermal energy from one place to another. Light can be used as the medium, but the light itself is not necessarily heat. It's only heat if it is absorbed by something and that something increases its temperature as a result.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Page 2 of 2<12





Join the debate Please update me:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
2020.05.17 COVID 19 UPDATE2621-05-2020 08:28
Report: Great Lakes feeling effects of rapid climate warming (Update)122-03-2019 17:37
UPDATE: Climate change protester arrested during Charlottetown city council meeting212-03-2019 17:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact