Remember me
▼ Content

Nuclear fussion should be available in the next ten years...



Page 2 of 2<12
02-10-2021 23:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote:I think that logic is not perfect.

What does this mean? How is logic imperfect? Is it the wrong shade of blue? Please be clear.

Mathematics, being built on logic, would be "imperfect" in the exact same way so I'm eager to learn what that is.

Xadoman wrote:Zeno s paradox is a perfect example how logic could lead to false conclusion.

Incorrect. Logic is not to blame if people choose to not use it and instead decide to form their own erroneous conclusions.

Some modern day examples of Zeno's paradoxes are Greenhouse Effect, ocean acidification and global glacier disappearance.

How does logic not work, exactly?

.


There is logic, and there is democrat-logic... Plenty of examples that don't make any logical sense, except to democrats.

Rising sea levels
Free, to long a list to even get started
Ozone-hole
Abortion. Okay to kill inconvient babies, but oddly not okay to euthanize terminally ill, convicted murders, elderly.
Drought in a desert
Joe Biden
Covid crisis
Vaccine mandates
Nobel Prize


I had forgotten about the Living Wage Paradox.

1. Business B offers Job-Seeker E an unskilled job UJ at a particular hourly wage W. The offer is detailed in writing.

2. E carefully considers UJ and W ... and accepts.

3. B and E sign papers detailing UJ and W.

4. E later decides that W is too low because it cannot support a family of five, three car payments, a large mortgage, five iPhones and all the necessary unlimited data plans.

5. Rather than seek a different job with a wage >=LivingWage, E declares that B is totally unfair and "owes" him LivingWage. The rationale is posed as a question: "How am I supposed to feed my family?"

6. Rather than correctly answer the question with "Seek a different job with a wage >=LivingWage," E declares that B is totally unfair and "owes" him LivingWage. The rationale is posed as a question: "How am I supposed to feed my family!"

7. Rather than correctly answer the question with "Seek a different job with a wage >=LivingWage," E declares that B is totally unfair and "owes" him LivingWage. The rationale is posed as a question: "How am I supposed to feed my family!"

8. Rather than correctly answer the question with "Seek a different job with a wage >=LivingWage," E declares that B is totally unfair and "owes" him LivingWage. The rationale is posed as a question: "How am I supposed to feed my family!"

... ad infinitum.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-10-2021 00:02
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
And yet capitalism is based on investors creating services or products that create demand. As a result consumers borrow money to pay for said services/goods. With the Republican (Sen. McConnell and his wife Elaine Chao), let's export jobs and money to China which profits the Foremost Group which is controlled by the People's Party of China.
And to pay for this, the US increases its debt limit. As Harvey55 has previously stated, China is like the US, it is a capitalist country which Republicans support. This might increase the demand for social services but Republicans oppose higher taxes to pay for those services because they are exporting jobs to increase their personal wealth.
Basically Republicans are getting rich of corporate welfare. Why a 2 party system does not work.
There are masters and then there are the slaves.
03-10-2021 07:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
James___ wrote:And yet capitalism is based on investors creating services or products that create demand.

I'll give you this, this is a totally true non sequitur.

James___ wrote:As a result consumers borrow money to pay for said services/goods.

Some do. People have been borrowing money and things for as long as there has been money and things.

James___ wrote: And to pay for this, the US increases its debt limit.

The US has been increasing its debt limit ever since Congress discovered that it could. Congress has been broken for a while now. At present, it is more or less defunct. Safemoon operates more in its community's interests than Congress does. At least the Safemoon directors are only trying to steal all of the money and not trying to control all the personal lives as well.

James___ wrote: Basically Republicans are getting rich of corporate welfare.

Republicans and Democrats are getting screwed by Congress, which has become its own socialist political party.

James___ wrote:Why a 2 party system does not work.

Well, now we effectively have a one-party system.

James___ wrote:There are masters and then there are the slaves.

Yep.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-10-2021 07:58
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:And yet capitalism is based on investors creating services or products that create demand.

I'll give you this, this is a totally true non sequitur.





I agree.
03-10-2021 09:09
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
non sequitur: IBDM had a mother. I apologized to her and said he's not my sin.
Edited on 03-10-2021 09:11
03-10-2021 17:01
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
James___ wrote:
And yet capitalism is based on investors creating services or products that create demand. As a result consumers borrow money to pay for said services/goods. With the Republican (Sen. McConnell and his wife Elaine Chao), let's export jobs and money to China which profits the Foremost Group which is controlled by the People's Party of China.
And to pay for this, the US increases its debt limit. As Harvey55 has previously stated, China is like the US, it is a capitalist country which Republicans support. This might increase the demand for social services but Republicans oppose higher taxes to pay for those services because they are exporting jobs to increase their personal wealth.
Basically Republicans are getting rich of corporate welfare. Why a 2 party system does not work.
There are masters and then there are the slaves.


Outside of politics, you'll find most Republicans do physical work, or work with actual products and services. Democrats tend to be office-jockeys, make their money shuffling papers, and tapping on a keyboard. Democrats make money off the labor of others. Makes no difference which country does the actual labor. Regulations and restrictions help keep consumer prices high, profits for the manufactures low. This makes it more attractive to buy imported products. Higher wages, and fewer jobs, create a higher demand for imported, cheaper products, raise the price they can sell for. Democrats are 'king' of ordering products overseas, which is just paperwork, and transferring funds. People without jobs, are dependent on the charity of government assistance, and will vote for those politicians who promise the most 'free-stuff'. Of course, most people hate waking up to an alarm clock, and spending 8-12 hours a day, doing stuff they really don't enjoy, regardless of wage. Products and services can only be sold for what people are willing to pay. You 'gift' people with more money to spend, the will pay more. Free-money has no value, to those on government assistance, since they get a free supply every month. A living-wage, just means those that 'work', don't have to worry about doing the job well, or regularly, since getting fired, just means government assistance, until the find another job, any job, since they all pay a living-wage.
03-10-2021 18:46
keepit
★★★★★
(2256)
Harvey,
I've heard your line about labor being so valuable all my life.
Sure, it's valuable but so is leadership and design and planning, etc. Don't forget about those things.
03-10-2021 19:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
And the belief that logic is perfect


I think that logic is not perfect. Zeno s paradox is a perfect example how logic could lead to false conclusion.


Zeno's paradox's are not related to logic.
They are related to mathematics, and have been resolved through the invention of calculus.

The paradoxes themselves are base rate fallacies.

Logic is a closed functional system, just like mathematics.
If you perfectly follow the rules, it works.

In other words, Zeno's paradoxes are not logic.



Logic is a closed functional system, just like mathematics.
If you perfectly follow the rules, it works.



"Perfectly" is a condition which only you can define, right? This would explain why logic is not fallible then, right? That's because it'n an extension of yourself?


Apparently I have to say it again: Logic is a closed functional system, just like mathematics.
If you perfectly follow the rules, it works.



Please don't confuse mathematics with logic. It is a system that can change or adapt as we continue to learn more about science. We can apply it in new ways. This is what you define as falsifiable.
With logic, I guess it is like you. It is closed to a new understanding or considering something in a different "light". Yet it is "your" perspective which defines what "perfect" is.

Mathematics is not logic. They are both, however, closed functional systems. Neither is an opinion or perspective.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
03-10-2021 19:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
And yet capitalism is based on investors creating services or products that create demand.

No. Non-sequitur fallacy. Capitalism is simply people creating products or services voluntarily. They are free to set their prices according to market demands (price discovery).
James___ wrote:
As a result consumers borrow money to pay for said services/goods.

Non-sequitur fallacy. Borrowing money has nothing to do with whether capitalism exists or not, other than the price of money itself. Capitalism does not result in borrowing money.
James___ wrote:
With the Republican (Sen. McConnell and his wife Elaine Chao), let's export jobs and money to China which profits the Foremost Group which is controlled by the People's Party of China.
And to pay for this, the US increases its debt limit.

Non-sequitur fallacy. Personal debt is not government debt nor is determined by government debt 'limits'.
James___ wrote:
As Harvey55 has previously stated, China is like the US, it is a capitalist country which Republicans support.

There is no such thing as a capitalist country. Capitalism is not a country. There is no United States anymore.
James___ wrote:
This might increase the demand for social services but Republicans oppose higher taxes to pay for those services because they are exporting jobs to increase their personal wealth.

Non-sequitur fallacy. Higher taxes are theft of wealth. People (anyone, not just Republicans) will do what they can to protect their wealth, even if it means conducting business in another nation and not here.
James___ wrote:
Basically Republicans are getting rich of corporate welfare.

Using your own money is not welfare. Non-sequitur fallacy.
James___ wrote:
Why a 2 party system does not work.
There are masters and then there are the slaves.

There are no masters or slaves in capitalism. Non-sequitur fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 03-10-2021 20:00
03-10-2021 20:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've heard your line about labor being so valuable all my life.
Sure, it's valuable but so is leadership and design and planning, etc. Don't forget about those things.


Leadership, designing, and planning are all labor.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
03-10-2021 21:19
keepit
★★★★★
(2256)
More semantic crap huh, itn?
04-10-2021 02:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
keepit wrote:More semantic crap huh, itn?

Yet another post without contributing anything constructive huh, keepit?
Attached image:

04-10-2021 18:27
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And yet capitalism is based on investors creating services or products that create demand.

No. Non-sequitur fallacy. Capitalism is simply people creating products or services voluntarily. They are free to set their prices according to market demands (price discovery).



And now you're making industry sound like a charity which we all know it's not. And that is your Non-sequitur fallacy.
04-10-2021 19:54
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've heard your line about labor being so valuable all my life.
Sure, it's valuable but so is leadership and design and planning, etc. Don't forget about those things.



You need to remember that Harvey supports Trump who saves money by hiring illegal immigrants. At the same time he doesn't like paying businesses that work for him because it's more important for Trump to go cheap when businesses might want to pay their employees.
Notice how strange that is? And if Republicans have their way, when Harvey retires he'll be glad to pay more for Medicare because he'll be supporting the Republican party.
06-10-2021 05:23
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've heard your line about labor being so valuable all my life.
Sure, it's valuable but so is leadership and design and planning, etc. Don't forget about those things.



You need to remember that Harvey supports Trump who saves money by hiring illegal immigrants. At the same time he doesn't like paying businesses that work for him because it's more important for Trump to go cheap when businesses might want to pay their employees.
Notice how strange that is? And if Republicans have their way, when Harvey retires he'll be glad to pay more for Medicare because he'll be supporting the Republican party.


Coming from a charity case... Trump wasn't my first pick, but was a better option than your 'girl'.

Trump doesn't hire labor, he contracts out projects. Any illegals, aren't actually Trump employees, nor are the contractors who hired them.
06-10-2021 05:55
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've heard your line about labor being so valuable all my life.
Sure, it's valuable but so is leadership and design and planning, etc. Don't forget about those things.



You need to remember that Harvey supports Trump who saves money by hiring illegal immigrants. At the same time he doesn't like paying businesses that work for him because it's more important for Trump to go cheap when businesses might want to pay their employees.
Notice how strange that is? And if Republicans have their way, when Harvey retires he'll be glad to pay more for Medicare because he'll be supporting the Republican party.


Coming from a charity case... Trump wasn't my first pick, but was a better option than your 'girl'.

Trump doesn't hire labor, he contracts out projects. Any illegals, aren't actually Trump employees, nor are the contractors who hired them.



And when you retire, will you say no to taxes? You're deflecting. Will your Medicare premium allow you to support lower taxes? It will support Donald Trump and his foreign national wife.
And remember, like Melania, my father was an immigrant. And like trump's children, am only 1/2 American. You like me, right? My family is like Donald Trump's family except for grandfather was not an illegal immigrant.
To consider actual facts, Donald Trump is the grandson of an illegal immigrant.
Also his wife is an immigrant which makes all of his children only 1/2 American like myself.
So what exactly are you supporting when you support Donald Trump? His lower taxes which increases your cost of living helps you how? And when you support Donald Trump, you are supporting people like myself who you do not like.
But he makes you feel good about supporting his tax breaks for people like him, right? He learned from Newt Gingrich and Christians.
06-10-2021 07:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And yet capitalism is based on investors creating services or products that create demand.

No. Non-sequitur fallacy. Capitalism is simply people creating products or services voluntarily. They are free to set their prices according to market demands (price discovery).



And now you're making industry sound like a charity which we all know it's not. And that is your Non-sequitur fallacy.


Non-sequitur fallacy. Mockery. Inversion fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
06-10-2021 07:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've heard your line about labor being so valuable all my life.
Sure, it's valuable but so is leadership and design and planning, etc. Don't forget about those things.



You need to remember that Harvey supports Trump who saves money by hiring illegal immigrants.
At the same time he doesn't like paying businesses that work for him because it's more important for Trump to go cheap when businesses might want to pay their employees.
Notice how strange that is? And if Republicans have their way, when Harvey retires he'll be glad to pay more for Medicare because he'll be supporting the Republican party.

Multiple non-sequitur fallacies. Random phrases. No apparent coherency.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
06-10-2021 07:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've heard your line about labor being so valuable all my life.
Sure, it's valuable but so is leadership and design and planning, etc. Don't forget about those things.



You need to remember that Harvey supports Trump who saves money by hiring illegal immigrants. At the same time he doesn't like paying businesses that work for him because it's more important for Trump to go cheap when businesses might want to pay their employees.
Notice how strange that is? And if Republicans have their way, when Harvey retires he'll be glad to pay more for Medicare because he'll be supporting the Republican party.


Coming from a charity case... Trump wasn't my first pick, but was a better option than your 'girl'.

Trump doesn't hire labor, he contracts out projects. Any illegals, aren't actually Trump employees, nor are the contractors who hired them.



And when you retire, will you say no to taxes? You're deflecting. Will your Medicare premium allow you to support lower taxes? It will support Donald Trump and his foreign national wife.
And remember, like Melania, my father was an immigrant. And like trump's children, am only 1/2 American. You like me, right? My family is like Donald Trump's family except for grandfather was not an illegal immigrant.
To consider actual facts, Donald Trump is the grandson of an illegal immigrant.
Also his wife is an immigrant which makes all of his children only 1/2 American like myself.
So what exactly are you supporting when you support Donald Trump? His lower taxes which increases your cost of living helps you how? And when you support Donald Trump, you are supporting people like myself who you do not like.
But he makes you feel good about supporting his tax breaks for people like him, right? He learned from Newt Gingrich and Christians.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
06-10-2021 23:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2466)
James is doing his Jamesbabble again I see...
07-10-2021 03:49
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
gfm7175 wrote:
James is doing his Jamesbabble again I see...


Just the corn whiskey talking. Must have just gotten his Social Security Disability check... Wonder if the whiskey jug is half empty, or half full...
07-10-2021 16:59
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James is doing his Jamesbabble again I see...


Just the corn whiskey talking. Must have just gotten his Social Security Disability check... Wonder if the whiskey jug is half empty, or half full...



Is that your answer to the situation you'll be facing when you retire? And it's well known that The Donald is the grandson of an illegal immigrant. Is Forbes a reputable source?

The President In 1885 Didn't Stop Immigrant Friedrich Trump From Coming To America

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/01/15/the-president-in-1885-didnt-stop-immigrant-friedrich-trump-from-coming-to-america/?sh=41816f4be49a


And yet you don't like me Harvey because I am a Veteran with an immigrant father. As you said, only losers would serve America. How patriotic of you.
And yet Trump's grandfather Frederich came with his German wife.
And 2 of 3 wives of Trump were immigrants. Then again, since you don't understand math or science, you might be hiding the fact that you've never had a need to do more and dislike those who are willing to pursue opportunity?
The US used to be known as "The Land of Opportunity" and as you said Harvey, now it is "The Land of Exploitation". And sadly, "real" Americans like yourself are threatened by a disabled Veteran like myself when you don't understand how good you have it.
And sadly you confuse a cup of "joe" (what they drink in the US Navy) with Kentucky Bourbon. I doubt you'll ever get past the hate and that's not my problem but it is yours.

p.s., I'll give you 2 freebies Harvey. The laws of physics don't change with scale.
And while a single magnet will have a field, to create a stronger field would require a 2nd magnet. To have 2 opposing magnetic fields would require 4 magnets. And this would allow for stability when "flipping" magnetic fields.
This is when it gets technical because the crystals might literally change their polarity without changing their position. An example is if you take a coil in a car that has to be polarized. Its field can have its polarity reversed which would not allow your car to run. This is because it would convert the power to the coil in the wrong direction so what would go to your distributor wouldn't be right. Just am not sure if you've ever worked on cars though and had to watch out for something like that. If you'd like, because you're "smart" we could discuss automotive electrical systems and how an H.E.I. coil works? Then if you now the difference between that and your standard (O.E.M.) coil then you would know about why polarity matters and one way in which it can be controlled.
Why "flipping" the field in a quantum computer would matter is because that is how data would be stored. If a computer can't store information then it can't compute, right?
Attached image:


Edited on 07-10-2021 17:24
07-10-2021 18:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James is doing his Jamesbabble again I see...


Just the corn whiskey talking. Must have just gotten his Social Security Disability check... Wonder if the whiskey jug is half empty, or half full...



Is that your answer to the situation you'll be facing when you retire? And it's well known that The Donald is the grandson of an illegal immigrant. Is Forbes a reputable source?

The President In 1885 Didn't Stop Immigrant Friedrich Trump From Coming To America

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2018/01/15/the-president-in-1885-didnt-stop-immigrant-friedrich-trump-from-coming-to-america/?sh=41816f4be49a


And yet you don't like me Harvey because I am a Veteran with an immigrant father. As you said, only losers would serve America. How patriotic of you.
And yet Trump's grandfather Frederich came with his German wife.
And 2 of 3 wives of Trump were immigrants. Then again, since you don't understand math or science, you might be hiding the fact that you've never had a need to do more and dislike those who are willing to pursue opportunity?
The US used to be known as "The Land of Opportunity" and as you said Harvey, now it is "The Land of Exploitation". And sadly, "real" Americans like yourself are threatened by a disabled Veteran like myself when you don't understand how good you have it.
And sadly you confuse a cup of "joe" (what they drink in the US Navy) with Kentucky Bourbon. I doubt you'll ever get past the hate and that's not my problem but it is yours.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency.
James___ wrote:
p.s., I'll give you 2 freebies Harvey. The laws of physics don't change with scale.
And while a single magnet will have a field, to create a stronger field would require a 2nd magnet. To have 2 opposing magnetic fields would require 4 magnets. And this would allow for stability when "flipping" magnetic fields.

Obviously you have never played with magnets. Go get a couple at your local toy store and figure out how they work.
James___ wrote:
This is when it gets technical because the crystals might literally change their polarity without changing their position.

Crystals don't have a polarity.
James___ wrote:
An example is if you take a coil in a car that has to be polarized.

Coils don't have a polarity.
James___ wrote:
Its field can have its polarity reversed which would not allow your car to run.

The coil in your car is a transformer. It doesn't care which way current is flowing in it.
James___ wrote:
This is because it would convert the power to the coil in the wrong direction so what would go to your distributor wouldn't be right.

There is no wrong direction for current flow in a transformer.
James___ wrote:
Just am not sure if you've ever worked on cars though and had to watch out for something like that.

You don't...not for the coil in a car.
James___ wrote:
If you'd like, because you're "smart" we could discuss automotive electrical systems and how an H.E.I. coil works? Then if you now the difference between that and your standard (O.E.M.) coil then you would know about why polarity matters and one way in which it can be controlled.

More babble. It makes no difference.
James___ wrote:
Why "flipping" the field in a quantum computer would matter is because that is how data would be stored.

What field?
James___ wrote:
If a computer can't store information then it can't compute, right?

Information can be stored in many ways. The position of a valve, the latch circuit in a processor, the charge in a capacitor in the cell of a typical dynamic memory chip, the residual magnetic field stored in an iron ring, the quantum state of the electrons in an atom, etc.

The earliest computers had no storage at all. They were analog computers. One recent example is the slide rule. Early digital computers were an abacus, which stored information in the position of beads strung on a stiff wire and the whole thing mounted in a frame. The position of the bead is the memory. To clear an abacus, you just pick it up and rack all the beads to the bottom.

The position of the bead by itself meant nothing. WE assign meaning to that bead. It is the same with memory anywhere. The bit by itself means nothing. WE assign meaning to that bit. It is our own assignment of meaning to that bit that gives it any significant meaning at all.

In computing, this is known as a mnemonic. It can mean an instruction, a value in an account, a character in a telegraph code, a pixel in an image, a length of a video frame, anything.

A processor is a sequencer, not much more complicated than a mechanical timer on a washing machine...and just as dumb.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 07-10-2021 18:15
07-10-2021 19:26
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:
An example is if you take a coil in a car that has to be polarized.

Coils don't have a polarity.
James___ wrote:
Its field can have its polarity reversed which would not allow your car to run.

The coil in your car is a transformer. It doesn't care which way current is flowing in it.



OMG!!! Please don't tell me that you and Harvey are neighbors. He told me that he lives next to the Salish Sea (Tampa Bay). Is all of that sunshine in the home of the Snohomish and Pilchuk getting to your brain as well? Has all of that solar radiation fried what few working neurons the 2 of you have? Or did it overload the protein chains that link the neurons in your brain?
I would think that the protein chains that connect the neurons in your brain would have a rated electron volt capacity relative to a photon or E = hv. Is that what too much solar radiation does? It increases the amplitude of the photons being transmitted by the neurons in your guys' brains and just blows a fuse, right?
I just thought I would ask the question in a simple, straightforward way that everyone understands. Well, except for you and your neighbor Harvey any way.
Am curious though. Are you or Harvey having any visions because of decreased activity in your frontal lobes? Maybe you and your "brother" are accessing a lower, more primitive, neigh I say it, a spiritual awareness?
I only mention this because a coil on an engine that requires a ballast resistor whether it is inline or mounted on the block is dependent on polarity. This is because reversing polarity on such a coil reduces its output voltage. Or as in the case of you and your brother, it decreases the output of your frontal lobes.
Myself, I'd like to see a PET scan of yours and Harvey's frontal lobes and see if the "lights are on". Then again, if you're like Motel 6, the lights might be on but is anybody home?
That is laugh out loud funny !!!!!

My bad, decreased activity in your guy's frontal lobe might have damaged your temporal lobes and caused you to have visions of intelligence? I mean seriously, does your temporal lobes interpret the information from your temporal lobes? That might explain how 2 people being neighbors could have the same problem. Just trying to be helpful.


p.s., the red area in front of the temporal lobes is the frontal lobe. Notice how their functions seem to be related?
Attached image:


Edited on 07-10-2021 19:35
07-10-2021 20:49
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
You should actually study some electronics, before you try to school people about the subject. But, I do find it amusing, knowing you babble about something, I know quite a bit about, and you are basically clueless. Kind of give some insight into your other ramblings. Try looking up 'inductance'... Think that is the property you are struggling with...

Resistors aren't polarized. The ballast resistor limits current flow, so shit doesn't burn up, like your plug wires... Electricity always takes the path of least resistance to ground...
07-10-2021 21:14
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
HarveyH55 wrote:
You should actually study some electronics, before you try to school people about the subject. But, I do find it amusing, knowing you babble about something, I know quite a bit about, and you are basically clueless. Kind of give some insight into your other ramblings. Try looking up 'inductance'... Think that is the property you are struggling with...

Resistors aren't polarized. The ballast resistor limits current flow, so shit doesn't burn up, like your plug wires... Electricity always takes the path of least resistance to ground...



Are you saying that both you and your neighbor (ITN) don't understand how a simple coil works with an engine from the 1960s? This would require its own thread. This kind of gets into what science "is".
In today's "world" a polarized magnetic field is what started the "electrical engineering" revolution.
The steam locomotive represents the "Industrial Revolution" while Ohm's Law represents the "electrical engineering" revolution. And everyone knows that the industrial revolution is based on Hero's Boiler (the steam locomotive).
Kind of why the "Golden Spike" matters. With electricity, it is not the same revolution. And Harvey, people are learning from your questions/challenges.
They do not know that the "Golden Spike" is the spike that was driven into a railroad tie that connected the east coast with the west coast of the US. They simply don't understand why "gold" showed how valuable it was.
And in American history, this was a very significant moment.
Edited on 07-10-2021 21:15
07-10-2021 21:41
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
They're not American https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYI8hVJZ7Q0 but hopefully y'all get the idea.
An FYI, Florence, Ky, USA says;

p.s., with over the hills and far away, they might as well be saying "out of the holler and over there".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3iKzbZ9tXk
Attached image:


Edited on 07-10-2021 21:53
07-10-2021 22:03
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
With y'all, my mother went to a 1 room school house in Kentucky. With this gal in Montana, her grandparents went to a 1 room school house. My mother grew up up without running water or electricity.
And yet I like science and farming among other things. It might be because of my parents and what they went through. With Kate AG's video, her father operates the drone camera. And yet his parents went to what school? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16kpU5jga0I
And while Kate AG is in Montana, she helps to illustrate how everything from farming to modern life has changed in the last 100 years.
Edited on 07-10-2021 22:04
07-10-2021 23:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:
An example is if you take a coil in a car that has to be polarized.

Coils don't have a polarity.
James___ wrote:
Its field can have its polarity reversed which would not allow your car to run.

The coil in your car is a transformer. It doesn't care which way current is flowing in it.



...deleted random phrases and insults...
I only mention this because a coil on an engine that requires a ballast resistor whether it is inline or mounted on the block is dependent on polarity.
Resistors have no polarity.
James___ wrote:
This is because reversing polarity on such a coil reduces its output voltage.
...deleted insults and random phrases...

Doesn't change the transformer (coil) output on the secondary. Indeed, transformers only work on currents with an AC component. In a car, that is provided by a switch in the distributor, or on newer cars by a transistor.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 07-10-2021 23:35
07-10-2021 23:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
HarveyH55 wrote:
You should actually study some electronics, before you try to school people about the subject. But, I do find it amusing, knowing you babble about something, I know quite a bit about, and you are basically clueless. Kind of give some insight into your other ramblings. Try looking up 'inductance'... Think that is the property you are struggling with...

Resistors aren't polarized. The ballast resistor limits current flow, so shit doesn't burn up, like your plug wires... Electricity always takes the path of least resistance to ground...

You have it right.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
07-10-2021 23:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
You should actually study some electronics, before you try to school people about the subject. But, I do find it amusing, knowing you babble about something, I know quite a bit about, and you are basically clueless. Kind of give some insight into your other ramblings. Try looking up 'inductance'... Think that is the property you are struggling with...

Resistors aren't polarized. The ballast resistor limits current flow, so shit doesn't burn up, like your plug wires... Electricity always takes the path of least resistance to ground...



Are you saying that both you and your neighbor (ITN) don't understand how a simple coil works with an engine from the 1960s?

That would be you. Don't blame others for YOUR problems.
James___ wrote:
This would require its own thread. This kind of gets into what science "is".

Okay. Go study the theories of William Gilbert, Maxwell, Faraday, Ampere, and Orsted. Those theories describe quite a lot about magnets, coils, and transformers.
James___ wrote:
In today's "world" a polarized magnetic field is what started the "electrical engineering" revolution.

Nope. Any old polarization works.
James___ wrote:
The steam locomotive represents the "Industrial Revolution"

Nope. The machine triggered the industrial revolution. The first were driven by waterwheels.
James___ wrote:
while Ohm's Law represents the "electrical engineering" revolution.

Nope. Ohm's laws (there are two of them) work with plumbing just as well as with electricity. The invention of the dynamo and the light bulb is what revolutionized the use of electricity.
James___ wrote:
And everyone knows that the industrial revolution is based on Hero's Boiler (the steam locomotive).

No, it isn't. Steam wasn't even a part of the industrial revolution.
James___ wrote:
Kind of why the "Golden Spike" matters.

Random wandering. The Golden Spike matters very little. It's currently sitting in an obscure museum in Utah.
James___ wrote:
And Harvey, people are learning from your questions/challenges.
They do not know that the "Golden Spike" is the spike that was driven into a railroad tie that connected the east coast with the west coast of the US. They simply don't understand why "gold" showed how valuable it was.

The spike isn't pure gold. Pure gold would never survive getting hit by the hammers. It is gold plated. It has been removed and is currently sitting in an obscure museum in Utah.
James___ wrote:
And in American history, this was a very significant moment.

Nope. There already was a transcontinental railroad by the time the Golden Spike was driven. It was privately built (not government built, like the railroad that used the Golden Spike), and could operate with a far greater profit margin than the government railroad could.

The Gold Spike itself is a ridiculous bit of propaganda in its own right. When the east and west lines met in Utah, they were both paid per mile of track they laid, so they just kept on building past each other...until the government caught wind of what they were doing and forced them to stop. They chose a 'joining' site, and conducted the ceremony.

That track is still in use. The parallel line they laid is now used as a very long (11 mile) siding.

Well...that's government projects for you!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 07-10-2021 23:52
08-10-2021 00:11
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
Into the Night wrote:

Nope. There already was a transcontinental railroad by the time the Golden Spike was driven. It was privately built (not government built, like the railroad that used the Golden Spike), and could operate with a far greater profit margin than the government railroad could.




And we're back to you and Harvey are neighbors.
08-10-2021 03:44
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
And if you or Harvey would like to have a nice place to stay, please make a "reservation". Only those customers whose patronage we appreciate are allowed to make "reservations".
Those who do not have the credit available might not find a "reservation" is available to them. Orlando Florida only accepts guests who have the necessary credit.
I do apologize for any inconvenience. If you are not satisfied with the level of service available, please contact the Bank of America. https://www.bankofamerica.com/ They can help you with any of your financial needs. And again, please enjoy your stay in the United States of America. We Welcome all people with the right credit. And please know that your "reservation" is but a click away. And as always, we hope you enjoy your visit.
Edited on 08-10-2021 03:48
08-10-2021 03:49
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
Just curious guys. Any chance I can sell the US to Native Americans? That does sound great, right?

p.s., see ITN? I am on your side. Work with me, okay? So what credit available do you have? Am just trying to be a friend, okay?


p.s.s., if I'm lucky, I'll be living in another country when this becomes known.
Destination Malaga, Spain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq4OtRsdXls
oops, I meant this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcUkEv8f4E
It's all the same, right?

p.s., Calabria is an Italian song but not like; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN-wj5YbWis
Edited on 08-10-2021 03:58
08-10-2021 07:23
James___
★★★★★
(5099)
The original by Rune -Calabria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyKQ5BHg3lQ
And everyone knows what a Rune is, right?

p.s.s.s, fusion might be easier to understand that fusing Crystal Waters with Rune in Calabria. We're talking Nordic Rune with Crystal Waters and Calabria. And I'm not saying this because I am Nordic and have lived in Norway.
Calabria is in Italy. It's the toe on Italy's boot, literally.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Calabria,+Italy/@39.0244763,15.2969666,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x133f90d28462150b:0x91a41d243d262371!8m2!3d39.3087714!4d16.3463791

Still, Norway, Crystal Waters (typical in Norway) and its rune's that it left and Italy,
that is if any. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORIDIJUU2h4
Edited on 08-10-2021 07:32
Page 2 of 2<12





Join the debate Nuclear fussion should be available in the next ten years...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Divine Program Make Human God Again Help You Live To Thousands Years Is Open Free For All008-10-2021 10:06
Why is it so cold? In ten more years Americans will be begging for global warming3219-02-2021 21:32
next 4 years5319-01-2021 23:20
The Godlike Lifestyle Formula Will Help You Get Smarter, Richer, More Beauty, Live To 200 Years1014-08-2020 18:35
SCIENTISTS: 30 Years Of Data Show The 'Godfather' Global Warming Was Wrong1711-02-2020 17:42
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact