Remember me
▼ Content

Not fair!


Not fair!04-04-2019 05:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1177)
So I saw this for the first time a few days ago....you've probably already seen it. Yeah, I laughed my ass off!! Funny shit!
Attached image:

04-04-2019 05:56
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1177)
....but then I got to thinking. That poor dumbass Home Depot guy gets beat up all over the internet for doing something stupid. However, millions of people do this every day and it's really not all that different!!
Attached image:


Edited on 04-04-2019 05:59
04-04-2019 11:15
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(694)
They should put a fake solar panel on that charger station, give people the idea that it's so 'Green', and how practical solar can be. A real panel would take up much of a parking lot, and take all day to charge on car, but who needs to know the truth...
04-04-2019 15:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1177)
I was more referring to the burning of carbon fuels to make electricity and then using electricity to reduce the carbon use....why not just burn the fuel in the first place? Not much different than putting a cart with wheels in a cart with wheels.
06-04-2019 00:15
James___
★★★★☆
(1288)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I was more referring to the burning of carbon fuels to make electricity and then using electricity to reduce the carbon use....why not just burn the fuel in the first place? Not much different than putting a cart with wheels in a cart with wheels.



Everybody knows this. This is FAKE NEWS.
http://fortune.com/2018/02/25/why-charging-your-electric-car-at-night-could-save-the-world/
06-04-2019 00:45
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
I was just speaking to a man on another site. He was an EE that worked on renewable energy. He seemed pretty knowledgeable but had fallen for the line that we are going to run out of oil someday but that "renewable energy" was forever and doing now would be handing down a better world to our descendants.

In fact this is not the case. 1. The end of oil has been predicted since the first well was dug over a hundred years ago. It has always been in just another couple of years.

2. Because the energy density of sunlight on the Earth and the extremely expensive cost of constructing, installing, maintaining and recycling both solar and wind generators, it is highly doubtful that they even make break-even energy. And the worst of it is that they purposely avoid studies that would make this clear to the public.

3. Nuclear reactors particularly of the molten salt thorium reactors are safer than a dam. So the comments that dams are the best power source are delegitimized by the many failures of dams around the world. What's more, thorium is four times more common on Earth than uranium is and although thorium reactors do need uranium, the Breeder Reactor type can actually make uranium out of thorium. If the pressure vessel is ruptured for some reason all of the reactions simply cool off since the inside temperatures is a bare fraction of those of uranium reactors.

4. We do not live for people that might or might not be here in a thousand years. We focus on us and on today. Filling the needs of the world today goes more to promoting a future tomorrow than inventing some sort of Big Brother scare tactics that if we actually thought about all of the possibilities of future doom would paralyze the entire human race.

People that fly around in private jets making $150,000 speeches about global catastrophe from oil use, as Al Gore does, or even people who promote his beliefs while they are driving an SUV or pickup truck - the largest sellers of all in the USA - are nothing more than either hypocrites or idiots with most the later.
06-04-2019 03:05
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3688)
Wake, great post. I have just one minor quibble.

Wake wrote: Because the energy density of sunlight on the Earth

There is no such thing as "energy density." Density applies to matter. The word for what you are describing is "power."

Wake wrote: The end of oil has been predicted since the first well was dug over a hundred years ago. It has always been in just another couple of years.

I realize this is not what you want to hear but Into the Night is one of the few who have this topic nailed and he has a lot to say on it.

Perhaps we can get him to say a few words on how hydrocarbons are a product of natural geological processes even though it is true that no human has observed hydrocarbons produced by natural geological processes.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-04-2019 18:59
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
IBdaMann wrote:
Wake, great post. I have just one minor quibble.

Wake wrote: Because the energy density of sunlight on the Earth

There is no such thing as "energy density." Density applies to matter. The word for what you are describing is "power."

Wake wrote: The end of oil has been predicted since the first well was dug over a hundred years ago. It has always been in just another couple of years.

I realize this is not what you want to hear but Into the Night is one of the few who have this topic nailed and he has a lot to say on it.

Perhaps we can get him to say a few words on how hydrocarbons are a product of natural geological processes even though it is true that no human has observed hydrocarbons produced by natural geological processes.


There is no such thing as "power density" since energy is the ability to perform work and power is the work performed over time. Though these terms are often used interchangeably.

We have the same natural processes that make oil in action today but they are so slight as to be immaterial. During the Cretaceous Era the CO2 in the atmosphere was much larger than today and therefore plant growth was so rapid that a large amount of it was buried and did not have time to rot and return to atmospheric CO2. This was buried under increasing layers and also increasing earth from both seismic activity and natural dust from the atmosphere.

Even today in the Amazon Rain Forest the growth of plants is so slow that replacement isn't possible. The logging has reportedly cut a third of the trees and the replacement in these areas hasn't been much improved until recently as the atmospheric CO2 has improved.

We cannot expect oil to be naturally generated.
07-04-2019 00:39
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3688)
Wake wrote: There is no such thing as "power density" since energy is the ability to perform work and power is the work performed over time. Though these terms are often used interchangeably.

I never wrote "power density." I wrote "power."

Yes, work = energy *ergo* Power = work/time = energy/time

Wake wrote: We have the same natural processes that make oil in action today but they are so slight as to be immaterial.

Incorrect. The power of the earth's geological forces is so immense that we cannot measure it.

Wake wrote: During the Cretaceous Era the CO2 in the atmosphere was much larger than today and therefore plant growth was so rapid that a large amount of it was buried and did not have time to rot and return to atmospheric CO2. This was buried under increasing layers and also increasing earth from both seismic activity and natural dust from the atmosphere.

But absolutely none of it was able to somehow get underneath impermeable rock two miles deep underground.

Hydrocarbons are produced by the earth and seep *upwards* (as we can observe in the Gulf of Mexico) but cannot pass through impermeable rock which traps them and forms oil wells (and natural gas reserves).

Wake wrote: Even today in the Amazon Rain Forest the growth of plants is so slow that replacement isn't possible. The logging has reportedly cut a third of the trees and the replacement in these areas hasn't been much improved until recently as the atmospheric CO2 has improved.

It's a good thing for us that that's not how we get are hydrocarbons. It might be how we get a lot of our coal but not oil and gas.

Wake wrote:We cannot expect oil to be naturally generated.

The earth is going to keep cranking away at its awesome natural processes whether you believe it or not. Perhaps you aren't aware of all the carbon that is in the earth's crust.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-04-2019 18:49
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Apparently you want to argue that the Sun's energy doesn't have a certain density on the Earth's surface. Why you would argue that is completely unknown.

Oil was formed by bacteria before there was any other life on Earth. Therefore the growth required energy and that had to come from sunlight and atmospheric CO2. While land plants were involved as well that was a minor source and most of those went into the formation of coal. Though chemical analysis of things like the La Brea Tar Pits show that it is a hydrocarbon that is plant based.

Again - yes, there IS oil production occurring today since Plankton is the same sort of material that generated oil to begin with. but the levels of Plankton are far lower than they were during the Carboniferous Era and so the levels of debris on the ocean bottom is of levels far too low to make a great deal of oil.

Let's not pretend that you know what you're talking about when you don't seem to understand seismic forces. The idea that some mysterious force under thousands of feet of earth manufactures oil is pretty silly.
08-04-2019 00:17
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1031)
Wake wrote:
Apparently you want to argue that the Sun's energy doesn't have a certain density on the Earth's surface. Why you would argue that is completely unknown.

Oil was formed by bacteria before there was any other life on Earth. Therefore the growth required energy and that had to come from sunlight and atmospheric CO2. While land plants were involved as well that was a minor source and most of those went into the formation of coal. Though chemical analysis of things like the La Brea Tar Pits show that it is a hydrocarbon that is plant based.

Again - yes, there IS oil production occurring today since Plankton is the same sort of material that generated oil to begin with. but the levels of Plankton are far lower than they were during the Carboniferous Era and so the levels of debris on the ocean bottom is of levels far too low to make a great deal of oil.

Let's not pretend that you know what you're talking about when you don't seem to understand seismic forces. The idea that some mysterious force under thousands of feet of earth manufactures oil is pretty silly.


Oil was never formed by bacteria. There's lots of oil on Titan. I don't see bacteria on Titan.
08-04-2019 01:09
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Wake wrote:
Apparently you want to argue that the Sun's energy doesn't have a certain density on the Earth's surface. Why you would argue that is completely unknown.

Oil was formed by bacteria before there was any other life on Earth. Therefore the growth required energy and that had to come from sunlight and atmospheric CO2. While land plants were involved as well that was a minor source and most of those went into the formation of coal. Though chemical analysis of things like the La Brea Tar Pits show that it is a hydrocarbon that is plant based.

Again - yes, there IS oil production occurring today since Plankton is the same sort of material that generated oil to begin with. but the levels of Plankton are far lower than they were during the Carboniferous Era and so the levels of debris on the ocean bottom is of levels far too low to make a great deal of oil.

Let's not pretend that you know what you're talking about when you don't seem to understand seismic forces. The idea that some mysterious force under thousands of feet of earth manufactures oil is pretty silly.


Oil was never formed by bacteria. There's lots of oil on Titan. I don't see bacteria on Titan.


Titan doesn't have "oil" which is a complex hydrocarbon. It has an atmosphere with large amounts of Methane and Ethane that are formed around carbon and hydrogen and sunlight. These are more common in the outer solar system with the gas giants. These combine to make theolins in the presence of UV light. This is not "oil" but a complex hydrocarbon.

The theolins are what give Titan it's distinctive reddish atmosphere. This is common on many of the planets and large satellites.
08-04-2019 01:34
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1031)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Wake wrote:
Apparently you want to argue that the Sun's energy doesn't have a certain density on the Earth's surface. Why you would argue that is completely unknown.

Oil was formed by bacteria before there was any other life on Earth. Therefore the growth required energy and that had to come from sunlight and atmospheric CO2. While land plants were involved as well that was a minor source and most of those went into the formation of coal. Though chemical analysis of things like the La Brea Tar Pits show that it is a hydrocarbon that is plant based.

Again - yes, there IS oil production occurring today since Plankton is the same sort of material that generated oil to begin with. but the levels of Plankton are far lower than they were during the Carboniferous Era and so the levels of debris on the ocean bottom is of levels far too low to make a great deal of oil.

Let's not pretend that you know what you're talking about when you don't seem to understand seismic forces. The idea that some mysterious force under thousands of feet of earth manufactures oil is pretty silly.


Oil was never formed by bacteria. There's lots of oil on Titan. I don't see bacteria on Titan.


Titan doesn't have "oil" which is a complex hydrocarbon. It has an atmosphere with large amounts of Methane and Ethane that are formed around carbon and hydrogen and sunlight. These are more common in the outer solar system with the gas giants. These combine to make theolins in the presence of UV light. This is not "oil" but a complex hydrocarbon.

The theolins are what give Titan it's distinctive reddish atmosphere. This is common on many of the planets and large satellites.


Oil, coal, natural gas are all hydrocarbs.
08-04-2019 05:34
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3688)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:Oil, coal, natural gas are all hydrocarbs.

I'm fairly certain that coal is just carbon and not a hydrocarbon.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-04-2019 17:07
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
I can see that there is no talking to you just like nightmare. " Coal is mostly carbon with variable amounts of other elements; chiefly hydrogen, sulfur, oxygen, and nitrogen. Coal is formed if dead plant matter decays into peat and over millions of years the heat and pressure of deep burial converts the peat into coal. " Peat is a hydrocarbon.

In reality where most of us attempt to live frequency and wavelength are pretty much the same thing since frequency is nothing more that many wavelengths of the same length. "Wavelength is the distance between sound waves while frequency is the number of times in which the sound wave occurs. "

So long and thanks for all the fish.
08-04-2019 21:35
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3688)
Wake wrote: I can see that there is no talking to you just like nightmare. "

You might want to modify that to state that it is you with whom one cannot talk. You will apparently believe whatever you read in Wikipedia and accept everything on the internet as true.

You didn't pay attention to anything I wrote. I was trying to help you. I spelled everything out for you. You want to live in your own delusion disorder.

Have at it.


Wake wrote: In reality where most of us attempt to live frequency and wavelength are pretty much the same thing since frequency is nothing more that many wavelengths of the same length. "Wavelength is the distance between sound waves while frequency is the number of times in which the sound wave occurs. "

In reality where the rational people live, frequency and wavelength are not "pretty much the same thing." They are inverses of each other.

If you can't talk to me, don't claim that it's somehow my fault. You are the slave to other's beliefs, not me.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-04-2019 22:13
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Tai Hai Chen wrote: Oil, coal, natural gas are all hydrocarbs.

Grass is a hydrocarbon as well. So what?

My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.
09-04-2019 00:13
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
Wake wrote:
Apparently you want to argue that the Sun's energy doesn't have a certain density on the Earth's surface. Why you would argue that is completely unknown.

The Sun's energy (it doesn't have a density) can be measured. How much is actually absorbed by the Earth is unknown.
Wake wrote:
Oil was formed by bacteria before there was any other life on Earth.

Oil is not formed from bacteria.
Wake wrote:
Therefore the growth required energy and that had to come from sunlight and atmospheric CO2.

No, it didn't. The Earth itself makes oil.
Wake wrote:
While land plants were involved as well that was a minor source and most of those went into the formation of coal. Though chemical analysis of things like the La Brea Tar Pits show that it is a hydrocarbon that is plant based.

No hydrocarbon shows it's origin, Wake.
Wake wrote:
Again - yes, there IS oil production occurring today since Plankton is the same sort of material that generated oil to begin with. but the levels of Plankton are far lower than they were during the Carboniferous Era and so the levels of debris on the ocean bottom is of levels far too low to make a great deal of oil.

Plankton doesn't make oil either.
Wake wrote:
Let's not pretend that you know what you're talking about when you don't seem to understand seismic forces. The idea that some mysterious force under thousands of feet of earth manufactures oil is pretty silly.

Yet it is true. All you have to do is compress carbon dioxide and hydrogen under high heat and pressure in the presence of an iron catalyst and you get oil.


The Parrot Killer
09-04-2019 00:56
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Wake wrote:
Apparently you want to argue that the Sun's energy doesn't have a certain density on the Earth's surface. Why you would argue that is completely unknown.

Oil was formed by bacteria before there was any other life on Earth. Therefore the growth required energy and that had to come from sunlight and atmospheric CO2. While land plants were involved as well that was a minor source and most of those went into the formation of coal. Though chemical analysis of things like the La Brea Tar Pits show that it is a hydrocarbon that is plant based.

Again - yes, there IS oil production occurring today since Plankton is the same sort of material that generated oil to begin with. but the levels of Plankton are far lower than they were during the Carboniferous Era and so the levels of debris on the ocean bottom is of levels far too low to make a great deal of oil.

Let's not pretend that you know what you're talking about when you don't seem to understand seismic forces. The idea that some mysterious force under thousands of feet of earth manufactures oil is pretty silly.


Oil was never formed by bacteria. There's lots of oil on Titan. I don't see bacteria on Titan.


Titan doesn't have "oil" which is a complex hydrocarbon. It has an atmosphere with large amounts of Methane and Ethane that are formed around carbon and hydrogen and sunlight.

These are more common in the outer solar system with the gas giants. These combine to make theolins in the presence of UV light. This is not "oil" but a complex hydrocarbon.


Which is it, Wake?

You say oil is a 'complex hydrocarbon' and then say that tholins are not oil, but a 'complex hydrocarbon'.

You seem confused.


The Parrot Killer
09-04-2019 00:57
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:Oil, coal, natural gas are all hydrocarbs.

I'm fairly certain that coal is just carbon and not a hydrocarbon.


Quite right. Coal is no a hydrocarbon. it is just carbon (and some impurities).


The Parrot Killer
09-04-2019 01:05
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
Wake wrote:
I can see that there is no talking to you just like nightmare.

You can't change the chemistry with your opinion, Wake.
Wake wrote:
" Coal is mostly carbon with variable amounts of other elements; chiefly hydrogen, sulfur, oxygen, and nitrogen.

Nope. Coal is carbon. Pure carbon. Being a solid, it may have various impurities embedded within it, but they are not the part of the coal.
Wake wrote:
Coal is formed if dead plant matter decays into peat and over millions of years the heat and pressure of deep burial converts the peat into coal. "

The origin of coal is unknown, Wake.
Wake wrote:
Peat is a hydrocarbon.
Peat is not a hydrocarbon. It is a carbohydrate.
Wake wrote:
In reality where most of us attempt to live frequency and wavelength are pretty much the same thing since frequency is nothing more that many wavelengths of the same length.

There is no such thing as 'many wavelengths of the same length', Wake. Frequency and wavelength are NOT the same thing.
Wake wrote:
"Wavelength is the distance between sound waves while frequency is the number of times in which the sound wave occurs. "

Works for any wave, Wake, regardless of the medium.
Wake wrote:
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Did you pay copyright fees for the use of that phrase?


The Parrot Killer
09-04-2019 01:08
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote: Oil, coal, natural gas are all hydrocarbs.

Grass is a hydrocarbon as well. So what?

Grass is not a hydrocarbon, Wake. It is a plant, made up of carbohydrates, proteins, and various odd chemicals.
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.

Oil does not need to come from biological sources.


The Parrot Killer
09-04-2019 16:19
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3688)
Into the Night wrote:Oil does not need to come from biological sources.

Wait, hold on. That can't be right. If what you are saying were true then we'd be able to synthesize oil using substances found in the earth's crust and atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpZWPK4vcEU

It'll be a cold day in Alaska before you get me to believe that.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-04-2019 03:12
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(694)
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.


What are 'theolins'? I googled the hell out of it, and got a huge variety. My browser's spellchecker redlines it. Typo, or is it a pseudo-science term like orgone and ether?
10-04-2019 16:26
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(3688)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.


What are 'theolins'? I googled the hell out of it, and got a huge variety. My browser's spellchecker redlines it. Typo, or is it a pseudo-science term like orgone and ether?


Everybody knows. It's common knowledge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZz0PBLZclw&t=5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6iQ8OXOps


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-04-2019 19:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
GasGuzzler wrote:
So I saw this for the first time a few days ago....you've probably already seen it. Yeah, I laughed my ass off!! Funny shit!


Have you ever been in a Home Depot? Apparently not or you would know better than to think that it is funny to put a protective screen around something that can cause lower leg injuries.
10-04-2019 19:09
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.


What are 'theolins'? I googled the hell out of it, and got a huge variety. My browser's spellchecker redlines it. Typo, or is it a pseudo-science term like orgone and ether?


That is the f-ing spelling corrector changing the spelling of "tholins". These are a complex organic molecule formed in the presence of UV and methane or ethane and nitrogen. This is very common on anything outside the orbit of Mar's and is common on the Satellites of Jupiter and Saturn as well as Pluto and others. It is a reddish color and gives these tints to the atmospheres. They are hydrocarbons.

Now let's see if they pass it through this time. Since I cannot find a word spelled "theolin" either why would the spelling corrector so that?
Edited on 10-04-2019 19:18
10-04-2019 19:50
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
So I saw this for the first time a few days ago....you've probably already seen it. Yeah, I laughed my ass off!! Funny shit!


Have you ever been in a Home Depot? Apparently not or you would know better than to think that it is funny to put a protective screen around something that can cause lower leg injuries.


Is that what you think this guy is doing??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


The Parrot Killer
10-04-2019 20:12
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(694)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.


What are 'theolins'? I googled the hell out of it, and got a huge variety. My browser's spellchecker redlines it. Typo, or is it a pseudo-science term like orgone and ether?


Everybody knows. It's common knowledge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZz0PBLZclw&t=5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6iQ8OXOps


I tend to pass on most video links, unless there is cleavage involved... I'm on dial-up internet, so videos take a long time to watch. Informative ones usually take hours, and I have a short attention span. Just thought it odd, that google dump a bunch of unrelated crap. Took some looking to find orgone, when I first heard about it years ago. Now it's big business, orgonite is sold all over the place now, potent stuff, maybe more powerful than man-made CO2, if you hold faith in that sort of thing.
10-04-2019 20:18
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(694)
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.


What are 'theolins'? I googled the hell out of it, and got a huge variety. My browser's spellchecker redlines it. Typo, or is it a pseudo-science term like orgone and ether?


That is the f-ing spelling corrector changing the spelling of "tholins". These are a complex organic molecule formed in the presence of UV and methane or ethane and nitrogen. This is very common on anything outside the orbit of Mar's and is common on the Satellites of Jupiter and Saturn as well as Pluto and others. It is a reddish color and gives these tints to the atmospheres. They are hydrocarbons.

Now let's see if they pass it through this time. Since I cannot find a word spelled "theolin" either why would the spelling corrector so that?


Thanks. Just googled it, will read into it, after I finish here. Some interesting links popped this time, like to read a few and see. Some say that tholins aren't found on earth, just other planets. Kind of wonder why, something new for me.
10-04-2019 21:53
Into the Night
★★★★★
(7976)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.


What are 'theolins'? I googled the hell out of it, and got a huge variety. My browser's spellchecker redlines it. Typo, or is it a pseudo-science term like orgone and ether?


Everybody knows. It's common knowledge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZz0PBLZclw&t=5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6iQ8OXOps


I tend to pass on most video links, unless there is cleavage involved... I'm on dial-up internet, so videos take a long time to watch. Informative ones usually take hours, and I have a short attention span. Just thought it odd, that google dump a bunch of unrelated crap. Took some looking to find orgone, when I first heard about it years ago. Now it's big business, orgonite is sold all over the place now, potent stuff, maybe more powerful than man-made CO2, if you hold faith in that sort of thing.


These links point to videos of an original Star Trek episode called 'The Tholian Web'.
There is some cleavage involved, at least when Lt Uhura appears on the scene.



The Parrot Killer
11-04-2019 03:31
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wake wrote:
My point is the Theolins are not "oil". There is a difference between an organic molecule and those coming from organic sources.


What are 'theolins'? I googled the hell out of it, and got a huge variety. My browser's spellchecker redlines it. Typo, or is it a pseudo-science term like orgone and ether?


That is the f-ing spelling corrector changing the spelling of "tholins". These are a complex organic molecule formed in the presence of UV and methane or ethane and nitrogen. This is very common on anything outside the orbit of Mar's and is common on the Satellites of Jupiter and Saturn as well as Pluto and others. It is a reddish color and gives these tints to the atmospheres. They are hydrocarbons.

Now let's see if they pass it through this time. Since I cannot find a word spelled "theolin" either why would the spelling corrector so that?


Thanks. Just googled it, will read into it, after I finish here. Some interesting links popped this time, like to read a few and see. Some say that tholins aren't found on earth, just other planets. Kind of wonder why, something new for me.


They do but not in any quantity since they are extremely volatile. Most of our sources of methane and ethane are "natural gas" that is buried underground away from UV radiation. Plus they usually only occur in the lower atmosphere pretty well shielded from UV. We tend to grab those molecules and stabilize them in other ways.




Join the debate Not fair!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Japan and Russia build coal power plants and White countries can't? How is this fair?024-02-2019 21:43
libtards, your climate change hero Hillary Clinton lost fair and square, nothing you can say about it10825-03-2017 19:10
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact