Remember me
▼ Content

Mayo



Page 2 of 2<12
10-04-2020 17:24
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1941)
James___ wrote:
Harvey, I think vaccination has about made things like chicken pox, measles, polio, tuberculosis, etc. rare. Kind of why vaccines are pursued. Then they can be improved upon.
With viruses, because they have DNA, they have a tendency to mutate while diseases which have RNA repair themselves and don't mutate. And if the vaccines weren't pursued then they'd have less of a database to work from when something like what we have now comes along.


Virus only have RNA... Bacteria have DNA.

Covid-19 is a COLD virus. Very few people die from catching a cold. Flu vaccine... What's the difference between getting the shot, and immune naturally. Getting sick, puking for a day ot two, stay at home for a week or two? Then I'd be immune, just like getting a short in the arm.

All those other diseases are deadly, or crippling to many of the people catching them. There isn't any comparison to a cold or flu, except fear mongering. Those at risk of serious diseases, should get vaccinated. If I were traveling to a third world country, I'd make sure I got vaccinated.

I think hiding in his basement, isn't just a Covid-19 thing. I think Twiddles, always hides in fear of infections. Which, of course he's free to do. Just like I'm free to choose what goes in my body. Cold and flu isn't a significant risk, to get something injected into my body.
10-04-2020 18:57
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
Harvey,
There are viruses that have RNA but there are also viruses that have DNA. Herpes is an example.
The corona virus (RNA) is a virus that causes a cold but there are other corona viruses. Covid 19 is an example of a corona virus that is different than the cold virus. As most of us know, covid19 causes a syndrome which is much different than than a cold. For example, it causes death in a significant number of patients. A cold virus doesn't cause a significant number of deaths.
Also, the RNA in the various cold viruses is not the same as the RNA in the covid19 virus. A process called RNA sequencing proves this.
They aren't the same. Accept it. Don't spread false information. Someone could get sick and die as a result of believing you.
Edited on 10-04-2020 18:58
10-04-2020 20:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12315)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
There are viruses that have RNA but there are also viruses that have DNA. Herpes is an example.
The corona virus (RNA) is a virus that causes a cold but there are other corona viruses. Covid 19 is an example of a corona virus that is different than the cold virus. As most of us know, covid19 causes a syndrome which is much different than than a cold. For example, it causes death in a significant number of patients. A cold virus doesn't cause a significant number of deaths.
Also, the RNA in the various cold viruses is not the same as the RNA in the covid19 virus. A process called RNA sequencing proves this.
They aren't the same. Accept it. Don't spread false information. Someone could get sick and die as a result of believing you.


You're an idiot. No one is going to die because someone said viruses contain only RNA.

Fear mongering.


The Parrot Killer
10-04-2020 21:00
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
Yet another misinterpretation ITN.
10-04-2020 21:47
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(604)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
I'm not opposed to childhood immunization.


I'm not a lot of things. Whate ARE you?

Try actually taking a position.

I am a human.
10-04-2020 21:53
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(604)
keepit wrote:
Yet another misinterpretation ITN.

Let's see here...

Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Don't spread false information. Someone could get sick and die as a result of believing you.

You're an idiot. No one is going to die because someone said viruses contain only RNA.

Fear mongering.


As I thought, ITN didn't misinterpret anything and you are still batting 0.000 ...
10-04-2020 22:34
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1941)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
There are viruses that have RNA but there are also viruses that have DNA. Herpes is an example.
The corona virus (RNA) is a virus that causes a cold but there are other corona viruses. Covid 19 is an example of a corona virus that is different than the cold virus. As most of us know, covid19 causes a syndrome which is much different than than a cold. For example, it causes death in a significant number of patients. A cold virus doesn't cause a significant number of deaths.
Also, the RNA in the various cold viruses is not the same as the RNA in the covid19 virus. A process called RNA sequencing proves this.
They aren't the same. Accept it. Don't spread false information. Someone could get sick and die as a result of believing you.


Of course different virus have different RNA, it's called 'strains'. There are several dozen strains, from several different families, that cause the symptoms associated with the Common Cold, a respiratory infection. When someone is emitted in to the hospital, with a severe respiratory infection, the virus that caused it, is the least of their concerns. Pneumonia, is the main concern. It's not really the virus killing you, it's your body's immune response, which continues, aggressively, until it decides the virus is no longer a threat.

The only thing 'special' about Covid-19, is that it's new to humans. The many other cold and flu viruses have been around for years, most people have immunity to some, or most of them. People get exposed, intentionally, by getting the vaccine, which is sometimes effective. When the newness of Covid-19, in a few years, it will just be another addition to seasonal cold viruses. Officially calling it a cold virus, doesn't promote fear and panic, like flu or virus. It's mainly upper respiratory, and not mention of it spreading down to the digestive system, like a flu virus.

I'm no medical professional, but I do have a pretty good understanding of biology. Maybe not all the fine, intricate details, or new discoveries over the past 30 years. I left college in 1985, but still keep up on things, just don't study as a career.
10-04-2020 23:46
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
2 wrongs don't make a right.

That's a fundamental principle of the anti-propaganda movement.
11-04-2020 01:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12315)
keepit wrote:
Yet another misinterpretation ITN.


You're going to deny what you said again? *yawn*


The Parrot Killer
11-04-2020 01:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12315)
keepit wrote:
2 wrongs don't make a right.

That's a fundamental principle of the anti-propaganda movement.


What the hell are YOU talking about NOW??!?

Your random wanderings make no sense.


The Parrot Killer
11-04-2020 01:47
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Covid-19 is a COLD virus. Very few people die from catching a cold.
So you're claiming very few people die from Covid-19? Is that it Dr. Harvey?

HarveyH55 wrote:All those other diseases are deadly, or crippling to many of the people catching them.
You imply they are "all the same" that is entirely false. Some diseases are much much deadlier. Covid19 cannot be compared to the seasonal flu as being an equivalent threat. That's just a false conclusion.

HarveyH55 wrote:Those at risk of serious diseases, should get vaccinated.
Those at risk often cannot get vaccinated Harvey. They rely on you to do your civic duty and be vaccinated.

Into the Night wrote:No one is going to die ....
???

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Try actually taking a position.

I am a human.
DODGE
as usual

HarveyH55 wrote:The only thing 'special' about Covid-19, is that it's new to humans...
You are making things up Harvey. Your statements are based on nothing but your own imagination.

HarveyH55 wrote:I left college in 1985, but still keep up on things, ...
Since you are contradicting all of the doctors and researchers on this subject I take it that you rejected book learning in college like IBD/ITN? You believe they are liars? You've basically said as much in making statements that contradict what doctors are saying and what has been published on this topic.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 11-04-2020 01:51
11-04-2020 01:57
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
ITN,
What did i say that you think i'm going to deny?
11-04-2020 04:50
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1694)
twiddles wrote:
You believe they are liars? You've basically said as much in making statements that contradict what doctors are saying and what has been published on this topic.


I don't think they are liars as much as they are just wrong. What were those case and death toll predictions? They were SO wrong then so why would I believe them now?
11-04-2020 05:19
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1941)
Well Mr. Twiddles, you can go to the CDC website, and learn for yourself. They have a list of pandemics of the past, and the strain of virus responsible. it also lists the number of deaths, during the pandemic. Now, once you get those virus names, go to the flu vaccine section, which you should read up on, to see exactly how effective, and how it works. Only provides protection of 3-4 strains each year. Sort of a let down, since there are dozens of strains. Anyhow, you'll notice, that those big killer, pandemic flu viruses are still here, and occasionally included in the annual vaccine.

Just because you've been isolating for years, fearing for you life, doesn't make it the responsibility of the rest of the world, to live their life, just like you. Most of us still have a lot of healthy, active years left, before we are stuck, hiding in our homes, waiting to die.

Covid-19 is just another respiratory infection, like many of there you have to worry about catching. When our restrictions are lifted, most of the world will be out, catching up on lost time, spreading viruses around, with abandon. You'll of course still be hiding safely in your home.
11-04-2020 05:29
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
GasGuzzler wrote:
twiddles wrote:
You believe they are liars? You've basically said as much in making statements that contradict what doctors are saying and what has been published on this topic.


I don't think they are liars as much as they are just wrong. What were those case and death toll predictions? They were SO wrong then so why would I believe them now?


Here's where you make an argument. Something like:
"Doctors are stupid because they predicted __________ but actually ________ happened. So you really shouldn't listen to their advice on this."

You have implied "everybody knows how they were wrong" but no they do not. Back it up with some real examples.

Everything I've heard so far has the doctors looking like the badasses they are on this issue. They REALLY know their stuff and we are the midst of one of the greatest scientific achievements of human existence, the effective response to a pandemic, being applied.

The national estimates changing is addressed here:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/what-matters-april-8/index.html

"far fewer projected US deaths from Covid-19 -- down to 60,415 people by August, from the 82,000 the model showed on Tuesday (which was already lower than previous projections)."

"the downward adjustment suggests that social distancing may be working better than expected in some places." Want to call BS? Go ahead but make an actual argument.

I don't see a prediction which is changing based on events as evidence doctors are "wrong" about what Covid-19 will do with or without guidelines being followed.

What is the contrary opinion I keep hearing here? It's a "mild" illness and this is a normal flu season.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Covid-19 is just another respiratory infection, ...


Here is the flu mortality by state:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/flu_pneumonia_mortality/flu_pneumonia.htm

"New York 4,749 deaths by Flu in 2018", that would be the whole year.

"On Thursday, Mr. Cuomo said 799 people in New York had died from coronavirus in a single 24-hour period — more than 33 an hour — bringing the state's total to 7,067."

link

link

Not normal, not mild, they were right, and they are right.

Thank god we have developed this ability as a species and are doing so much to contain things.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 11-04-2020 05:55
11-04-2020 06:09
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1694)
twiddles wrote:
Here's where you make an argument. Something like:
"Doctors are stupid because they predicted __________ but actually ________ happened. So you really shouldn't listen to their advice on this."


Correct. If you are that wrong you lose credibility. I'm not listening. How often do you take the bad advice of a meteorologist that tells you to cancel outdoor activities on sunny days? Oh wait...do you ever leave the house? Are you afraid of the sun too?

twiddles wrote:
You have implied "everybody knows how they were wrong" but no they do not. Back it up with some real examples.


Good #@%!ing grief. Do I need to Google it for you? I know you get news reports in your basement hideout. You heard the "scare everyone into their homes" predictions of millions dead. Don't be such a dumbass.

Dumbass wrote:
What is the contrary opinion I keep hearing here? It's a "mild" illness and this is a normal flu season.

I never said it was mild. It is wide ranging...anything from miserable death to didn't know you had it. Compared to the flu? Shall we look at a "bad" flu year in the United States where nothing was shut down?

From the CDC,
The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths

Corona has a lot of catching up do.
11-04-2020 06:34
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
GasGuzzler wrote: If you are that wrong you lose credibility.
What is "that" what error do you think you found? You never identified it. I was giving an example, with blanks to be filled in, of what an actual argument looks like. You have yet to make one.

GasGuzzler wrote:How often do you take the bad advice..

Me? I give the most credibility to competence. Where I see the ability to successfully solve a problem I believe because they have the results to prove it. I consider the science of pandemic response to be nothing short of legendary:



Arguably the greatest achievement of all time.

It's like Michael Jordan giving advice on Basketball. If someone comes along and says "Ah that Jordan, what does HE know about basketball, what a joke!" I'm going to want a really good argument.

GasGuzzler wrote: Do I need to Google it for you?
You need to make your own argument GG. What you've said sounds insane to me. I don't think Google can help you.

GasGuzzler wrote:I never said it was mild.
I didn't say YOU did and I quoted Harvey there. IBD, ITN and Gfm has all said it was mild as well.

GasGuzzler wrote:From the CDC,....61,000 influenza-associated deaths[/i]Corona has a lot of catching up do.


I suppose you'll claim you aren't implying with that comment that Covid-19 isn't especially bad = normal = no big deal?
So you're just going to ignore this?:link

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 11-04-2020 06:41
11-04-2020 06:52
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1694)
1. The error was predicting millions of deaths.

2. Micheal Jordan has proven himself time and time again. These doctors haven't proven shit. Your belief in these doctors makes this another religion to you...just like your climate change religion.

3. This is a mild infection...to MOST that get it.

4. Covid is only a huge and crippling deal because we've made it one.

5. Yes, I am ignoring your dumb graph. NY state is only a hot spot snapshot of the entire globe. It is much like your belief that a few locations temperature reading is equivalent to the global temp.

6. Good night.
Edited on 11-04-2020 06:54
11-04-2020 07:30
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
GasGuzzler wrote:
1. The error was predicting millions of deaths.
You got that wrong. Where is your source I'll help educate you.

GasGuzzler wrote:...These doctors haven't proven shit.

Is this not loading for you? You should see an image below:


Over 100 million people died of SmallPox in the 20th century alone, now it's gone. So yeah it's Michael Jordan. Did you have an argument? You just said "nu uh no they don't know shit" but you presented nothing. Now take your example of the picnic and the meteorologist. There you have a meteorologist saying it'll be sunny and then it rains and you say "See, the meteorologist got it wrong" with the guessing about weather from regular folks as a comparative.

GasGuzzler wrote:
3. This is a mild infection...to MOST that get it.
A meaningless statement. Sort of like saying that a guy shooting his machine gun in the air downtown is a mild problem since most of the bullets won't actually land on people.

GasGuzzler wrote:
4. Covid is only a huge and crippling deal because we've made it one.
Well you must be very disappointed in the administration then. So your theory is that had we not over reacted (I take it you're saying we have) that the consequences would have been less severe. Do you think if tomorrow New York just announced that "Hey everybody, just forget about this, go about your lives as usual" that restaurants would thrive and sports stadiums would be packed? You don't think public fear would exist just from the deaths and hospitals overwhelmed with refrigerator trucks loading dead bodies?

Here's a regular New Yorker:

link He's the most photographed stock trader. "he is battling the virus "pretty hard" and has never felt so sick in his life." Guess he didn't get lucky and have a mild case.

But I guess your theory is that his coworkers would be unphased and all would be well at work?

We do actually have a wealth of history on these events. 1918 didn't have social distancing or any of the response we have today. It was a world of Harveys back then. Didn't go well.

GasGuzzler wrote:NY state is only a hot spot snapshot of the entire globe.
So other cities wouldn't have the same experience as NY? Why not?
Edited on 11-04-2020 07:59
11-04-2020 09:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12315)
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted Mantras 23...36c...4d...4b...37d...
Over 100 million people died of SmallPox in the 20th century alone, now it's gone.
...deleted Mantras 16b...16b...15...35b2...19...20d...19...20h...16c...


It is not gone. Smallpox still exists and infects people today. So does polio.


The Parrot Killer
11-04-2020 09:46
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
Into the Night wrote:Smallpox still exists and infects people today. So does polio.

And:
Into the Night wrote:
The Moon has an atmosphere...
link

Always the leader in trying to destroy all meaning ITN.

The World Health Assembly declared smallpox eradicated in 1980. Even a single confirmed case of smallpox today would be considered an emergency.

So I know you're into some creepy stuff ITN with your McVey sympathies and general lunacy. Do you know something the rest of the world doesn't? A single case of small pox around somewhere?

Do you know what the word "eradicated" means?
dictionary.com
11-04-2020 17:03
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1941)
The doctors and scientist want to promote the greatest abundance of caution. They over-hype everything, to get people to pay attention to them. The models are looking for worst-case estimates. Since this is the first season, limited testing, the data they feed into the models, is that strong. Sort of like the climate change models... They are likely borrowing quite a bit, from past pandemics, with a similar virus. Reality, is never quite as bad as the predictions, we want to be over-prepared.

I haven't seen much data, on death rates, for non-Covid-19 related, respiratory infections. The anual cold and flu season is just wrapping up. Normal years, the US sees about 30,000 deaths from the flu. Haven't checked the score in the past few days, but think it was around 100,000, for the entire planet, and the US was around 10,000. Fairly certain they aren't all Covid-19.

People aren't the only source, or carriers of infectious disease. Vaccines provide immunity, but don't destroy the contagian. It's still out and and about, it' just can't take hold, and spread massively, as in the past. It's not just the vaccine, but we also do a lot of work, to clean up other sources. Did China go out and kill off all the infected soup bats? Will they stop eat bat stew in China? Doubtful, but probably not a common practice, as it was. Bats can live pretty much anywhere, unlikely to catch them all.
11-04-2020 19:52
James___
★★★★★
(2623)
All anyone has to do is to consider either 1918 or 1968. It's possible this is why the Prime Minister of Great Britain became upset with China. They said problem solved just like the previous post states.

U.S. population was about 110 million.
1918: The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 deaths in the U.S.

U.S. population was about 170 million.
1957: The estimated number of deaths was 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 deaths in the U.S. This was an H2N2 flu.

U.S. population was about 200 million.
The 1968 pandemic caused an estimated 1 million deaths worldwide and about 100,000 in the U.S.
https://www.keloland.com/keloland-com-original/this-is-the-u-s-s-4th-pandemic-in-102-years/

Updated Apr 11 at 12:35 PM local
Confirmed 507,422 +31,549

Deaths 19,602 +1,782

Recovered 29,139 +2,643


Hmm, about 18,000 deaths in the last 3 weeks. And this is with social distancing. And Harvey, people like you can never accept being wrong.
I mean if 6,000 people a week are dying now, in 2months that's 48,000
people. It would be much worse if people circulated among each other
allowing it to more easily spread.
And as you say, why bother being prepared for the next pandemic? As
long as it's somebody else, people like you don't care. I have tried
talking about people stocking up on masks and nitrile gloves but as you
say, people like you wouldn't want to wear protective gear so there'd be
minimal interruption to a person's daily routine. From your perspective
this is better because it allows people like you to complain and that is
all you do.
11-04-2020 20:52
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1694)
James wrote:
Hmm, about 18,000 deaths in the last 3 weeks. And this is with social distancing.....
I mean if 6,000 people a week are dying now, in 2months that's 48,000
people. It would be much worse if people circulated among each other
allowing it to more easily spread.


Population, large city size, and general geography of Sweden and Switzerland are fairly similar.
Schools, Restaurants, and bars are open. Voluntary social distancing. Shall we compare the two?


Sweden 10,151 cases, 887 deaths......no lockdown.
Switzerland 25,071 cases, 1,036 deaths....full lockdown March 19th.


Suggestions anyone to why this might be?
11-04-2020 20:58
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1941)
It's easy for you, because you spend much of your life, hiding in your home anyway, years of practice... The numbers so far don't mean a whole lot, but we a re a week or two from hitting the peak. Social distancing, and protective gear, aren't a long term solutions, unless you expect the entire population to keep living like you, forever. Soon as the restrictions end, all those safe practicing people, will be out spreading infection again, like greater numbers too. It's going to take a couple years, before a significant portion of the population is immune, and the spread becomes similar, to the other cold and flu viruses, we experience every year. A vaccine might be available next spring/summer, for some, probably not for 7.7 billion people around the world though. 350 million doses for Americans, the first year, is unlikely. The still need to grow the usual Flu vaccine, in the same labs. One respiratory infection, is just as deadly as the others, for people like you,and Twiddles, with poor health.
11-04-2020 21:28
James___
★★★★★
(2623)
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's easy for you, because you spend much of your life, hiding in your home anyway, years of practice... The numbers so far don't mean a whole lot, but we a re a week or two from hitting the peak. Social distancing, and protective gear, aren't a long term solutions, unless you expect the entire population to keep living like you, forever. Soon as the restrictions end, all those safe practicing people, will be out spreading infection again, like greater numbers too. It's going to take a couple years, before a significant portion of the population is immune, and the spread becomes similar, to the other cold and flu viruses, we experience every year. A vaccine might be available next spring/summer, for some, probably not for 7.7 billion people around the world though. 350 million doses for Americans, the first year, is unlikely. The still need to grow the usual Flu vaccine, in the same labs. One respiratory infection, is just as deadly as the others, for people like you,and Twiddles, with poor health.



I feel sorry for you. They say that misery loves company. Are you feeling lonely?
Like you said, there are 350 million people living in the US. That kind of makes it difficult to stand out and get noticed, right?
Not all of us need it but then again I plan on having a life. And since as you say, I am disabled, it makes having a life more difficult. I am also aware of one other thing. If I am successful and have your attitude, then for me nothing will change.
I had a supervisor who once told me that life isn't fair and not to expect it to be. At least in here you have friends who support you. And me? I'm still on my own



This is for Harvey. It's something I'll be asking a math teacher about. You see, I know in order for my life to change, so do I. After all, people notice my disabilities. It's up to me to change that.
The reason for the ? is because if I used an x as representing a variable, it might be confused with the x in the equation.


https://photos.app.goo.gl/MMUkTYW3EfsiT51q7
Attached image:


Edited on 11-04-2020 21:40
12-04-2020 05:23
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
HarveyH55 wrote:...bat stew in China? ...
Get that from INFOWARS Harvey?

You just love embracing fiction as reality.
12-04-2020 05:36
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
Does anybody know if the covid19 came from a wet market or a virus lab or from somewhere else?
12-04-2020 05:41
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
keepit wrote:
Does anybody know if the covid19 came from a wet market or a virus lab or from somewhere else?


So far they think it's a seafood dealer:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/shrimp-vendor-at-wuhan-market-may-be-coronavirus-patient-zero/
12-04-2020 05:51
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
Hi Tmid,
That's what i thought too. Maybe we'll hear from someone with the virus lab theory.
Hopefully, if we do, it will be an opinion backed by legitimate information rather than just an unsubstantiated and unreasoned response.
12-04-2020 06:17
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2884)
keepit wrote:
Hi Tmid,
That's what i thought too. Maybe we'll hear from someone with the virus lab theory.
Hopefully, if we do, it will be an opinion backed by legitimate information rather than just an unsubstantiated and unreasoned response.


It's a crack pot theory before you even get to the lack of evidence because there is no motive.

It would be like claiming Vladimir Putin had the Pop star Selena killed.

No motive
12-04-2020 06:20
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
I was just hearing about accidental lab "leakage". It has happened before.
12-04-2020 06:24
James___
★★★★★
(2623)
keepit wrote:
Hi Tmid,
That's what i thought too. Maybe we'll hear from someone with the virus lab theory.
Hopefully, if we do, it will be an opinion backed by legitimate information rather than just an unsubstantiated and unreasoned response.


According to the CDC, a live food market. They say that SARS is the closest virus to Covid 19. And they do list bats as a suspect because they say "live food market". Since the virus is a mutation, how much did it mutate? That's something they may never know. Kind of like the Butterfly Effect.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/animals.html
12-04-2020 06:26
keepit
★★★★☆
(1354)
James,
That sounds plausible. I was just looking for a plausible explanation of the virus lab theory.
12-04-2020 06:46
James___
★★★★★
(2623)
keepit wrote:
James,
That sounds plausible. I was just looking for a plausible explanation of the virus lab theory.



There is this about the "swine flu" of 2009/2010. It was first identified in the US. From the CDC. With the coronavirus, it might be how it mutated. Of course if live virus from 2 different animals is consumed, what then?
The only issue I'd have with biological warfare, China has been taking over economically. Our $350 Billion trade deficit might be something that could shrink causing them to lose money.
Senator Mitch McConnell, the Senate Majority Leader, his wife's family has on order 4 new freighters from China as they expect to export more goods from China to the US. His father-in-law has ties to the Chinese elite and 2 immediate family members that are tied into our government at the highest levels as well.

Where did the 2009 H1N1 flu virus come from?

The 2009 H1N1 influenza virus (referred to as "swine flu" early on) was first detected in people in the United States in April 2009. This virus was originally referred to as "swine flu" because laboratory testing showed that its gene segments were similar to influenza viruses that were most recently identified in and known to circulate among pigs. CDC believes that this virus resulted from reassortment, a process through which two or more influenza viruses can swap genetic information by infecting a single human or animal host.

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/information_h1n1_virus_qa.htm
Attached image:

12-04-2020 08:39
James___
★★★★★
(2623)
James___ wrote:

The reason for the ? is because if I used an x as representing a variable, it might be confused with the x in the equation.


https://photos.app.goo.gl/MMUkTYW3EfsiT51q7



Harvey, you shouldn't take it too personally. If I want to pursue natural climate variation then I need to know math like that. I pointed out to the math teacher that if you consider the interior planets having a circular orbit then Pi helps.
Then when a planet moves an x number of degrees, that distance can be translated into a real number. And when the planet is in a different orbit, further from the Sun, then the actual distance it traveled allowed Newton to know its velocity.
This is probably what showed the need for calculus. Averaging out 2 different orbits can be alot of work. And math is taught where Pi can represent a line when it's a ratio relative to a radius and nothing more. That's when it has meaning in math.
Still, maybe you could lighten up on people a little bit, eh?
13-04-2020 20:15
James___
★★★★★
(2623)
keepit wrote:
James,
That sounds plausible. I was just looking for a plausible explanation of the virus lab theory.



Someone on Yahoo gave a plausible lab theory. China is now vetting all papers before publication. The person commenting on it said that 2 Chinese researchers posited the "it could've came from a lab" theory.
They thought it possible that a researcher accidentally became infected. The bat that has the closest match to the coronavirus is found 600 miles from Wuhan. I'll see if I can find something actually published about it.
It's an interesting read:
http://www.rfi.fr/en/asia/20200404-china-covid-19-about-face-from-sick-man-in-asia-to-savior-of-the-world
Edited on 13-04-2020 20:27
Page 2 of 2<12





Join the debate Mayo:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact