Remember me
▼ Content

Mayo

Page 1 of 212>
Mayo07-04-2020 18:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
The CEO of the Mayo clinic was just on CNBC emphasizing that social distancing is working. Keep it up.
07-04-2020 18:38
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
How do you know that it "is working"? Is everyone "social distancing"? Have you directly compared "social distancing" vs. "no social distancing"? How would you quantify "working" vs. "not working"?
Edited on 07-04-2020 18:43
07-04-2020 19:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
keepit wrote: The CEO of the Mayo clinic was just on CNBC emphasizing that social distancing is working. Keep it up.

Question: Why are streetlights installed on city streets?
Answer: To keep the elephants away.
Response: That's silly, there are no elephants on city streets.
Answer: The street lights work. That's why they installed them.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-04-2020 21:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
keepit wrote:
The CEO of the Mayo clinic was just on CNBC emphasizing that social distancing is working. Keep it up.

CNBC is not a valid source. An opinion is not a proof.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-04-2020 23:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ITN,
The Mayo Clinic is a most valid source, with the exception of you ITN, our most valid source.
07-04-2020 23:45
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
How are they monitoring social distancing? Are they watching, hiding in the bushes? Are there heath cameras everywhere? I've made no effort to social distance. I don't general get that close, but I've crossed that 6 foot limit many times. Even had physical contact with a few women at work last week. I trust my instincts, and I'm not deathly afraid to catch a cold. From what I'm seeing on the news, doesn't appear that all that many people are practicing either, but it may just be a Florida thing. Is it really social distancing, or the virus just running it's natural course?
07-04-2020 23:48
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: The CEO of the Mayo clinic was just on CNBC emphasizing that social distancing is working. Keep it up.

Question: Why are streetlights installed on city streets?
Answer: To keep the elephants away.
Response: That's silly, there are no elephants on city streets.
Answer: The street lights work. That's why they installed them.

Precisely this, and precisely what the proponents of "social distancing" are doing. They're just making up numbers about what "would've happened without taking such measures" and then subsequently claiming, since Armageddon didn't happen, that their measures "worked".

As you've said many times, it's all a hoax. It's also a Marxist Globalist's wet dream.
07-04-2020 23:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
The CEO of the Mayo Clinic says it is social distancing.
What's the problem Harvey?
07-04-2020 23:58
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
How are they monitoring social distancing? Are they watching, hiding in the bushes? Are there heath cameras everywhere? I've made no effort to social distance. I don't general get that close, but I've crossed that 6 foot limit many times. Even had physical contact with a few women at work last week. I trust my instincts, and I'm not deathly afraid to catch a cold. From what I'm seeing on the news, doesn't appear that all that many people are practicing either, but it may just be a Florida thing. Is it really social distancing, or the virus just running it's natural course?

It would NEVER be the bolded...

Never EVER...

We can just rule that one out... We haven't had over a million corona deaths... SOCIAL DISTANCING IS OBVIOUSLY WORKING!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-04-2020 11:43
(21599)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
The Mayo Clinic is a most valid source, with the exception of you ITN, our most valid source.

An opinion is not a source or a proof. Circular argument fallacy. False authority fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 08-04-2020 11:44
08-04-2020 11:46
(21599)
keepit wrote:
The CEO of the Mayo Clinic says it is social distancing.

So what? His opinion is just that...an opinion without any valid reasoning. False authority fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).

The Parrot Killer

08-04-2020 11:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Get off it ITN.
08-04-2020 16:36
(14414)
keepit wrote: The CEO of the Mayo Clinic says it is social distancing.

keepit, I just need to know if you honestly believe that the CEO of the Mayo Clinic is somehow NOT under immense pressure to toe a particular narrative.

Please tell me that you gullibly believe that there are no future funding issues at play here so that I can give you the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-04-2020 19:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBDM,
You have so many suspicions going on that it is hard to communicate with you.
Most medical people are dedicated to their profession and very singleminded.
08-04-2020 21:56
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: The CEO of the Mayo Clinic says it is social distancing.

keepit, I just need to know if you honestly believe that the CEO of the Mayo Clinic is somehow NOT under immense pressure to toe a particular narrative.

Please tell me that you gullibly believe that there are no future funding issues at play here so that I can give you the benefit of the doubt.

Do you know that the CEO is a doctor, even has any sort of medical training? Hunter Biden was on the Board of Directors, for a company, he had no training or experience in...
08-04-2020 22:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Yeah, he's a doctor. (M.D.).
08-04-2020 23:14
(21599)
keepit wrote:
IBDM,
You have so many suspicions going on that it is hard to communicate with you.
Most medical people are dedicated to their profession and very singleminded.

You seem to have trouble communicating. His point is quite valid.
Argument of the stone fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

08-04-2020 23:32
(14414)
keepit wrote: IBDM, You have so many suspicions going on ...

It's all part of taking a scientific approach. It's how I roll. I question a lot of stuff ... and then I add a serving of doubt and then cake on the skepticism. Just yesterday I purchased two 52 oz. jars of vanilla dubeity. Reading your posts prompted me to open one and make a sandwich.

I'm one of those who applies the scientific method instead of indulging in lavish gullibility.

keepit wrote: Most medical people are dedicated to their profession and very singleminded.

So let's talk about CEOs, why they are hired and what their sources of stress are.

btw ... what profession is "CEO"?

09-04-2020 04:33
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
So GFM, ITN, Harvey and IBD: Are you saying anything at all here? Are you recommending people not bother with social distancing?

What is your personal decision for yourself and your family?

And no you can't "not decide" on that one. You either do or do not modify your behavior socially.

It's easy not to lose if you don't take a position and as far as I can tell none of you have.

I'm with keepit and the powers that be that social distancing is definitely something everyone should be doing right now in areas where the government has told them to.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 09-04-2020 04:35
09-04-2020 04:46
(5197)
I haven't personally changed a thing. I probably would keep to myself, if I felt a cold or something coming on. People I know and trust, would likely do the same., so it doesn't bother me to be closer than 6 feet, or even touch them. Mostly though, this virus doesn't worry me anymore than the season cold and flu viruses. It would suck for a few days, but a week later, it would be an unpleasant memory. I'm in good health, no meds, and never had a problem fighting off an infection. I don't enjoy catching a cold, but it's a short term nuisance.
09-04-2020 04:59
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I haven't personally changed a thing. I probably would keep to myself, if I felt a cold or something coming on. People I know and trust, would likely do the same., so it doesn't bother me to be closer than 6 feet, or even touch them. Mostly though, this virus doesn't worry me anymore than the season cold and flu viruses. It would suck for a few days, but a week later, it would be an unpleasant memory. I'm in good health, no meds, and never had a problem fighting off an infection. I don't enjoy catching a cold, but it's a short term nuisance.

I take it you've come to the conclusiong that Covid19 is not any worse than the usual cold or flu? Based on what?

Safe to say none of us have "gone into the lab after a buddy told us some stuff" on this one.

My conclusion is based on the consensus of information provided like this:
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/18/21184992/coronavirus-covid-19-flu-comparison-chart

Then of course there is the drama in New York. Think that's a hoax or something? Boris Johnson faking it too?

So why do you have this contrarian view Harvey?

I can't find anything at all that supports your conclusion.

Maybe IBD knows about something on INFOWARS or another source he trusts?
09-04-2020 05:37
(5197)
Never said it was a hoax, but I do believe it's over-hyped. It's still the same 15-20% of the population, that has the same problem with an respiratory infection. Covid-19 is new, first run, with no previous immunity in the population. Even though tens of thousands of people in America die every year, from respiratory infections, we seldom see it as headline news. Millions of people are infected every year, most never go see a doctor, very small portion get reported (called in sick, kept kids home from school).

Even with selective testing, 80% of the positive results, don't need hospitalization. I'm guess there are a whole lot of infected people, who don't qualify to be tested.
09-04-2020 05:44
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
... I'm guess there are a whole lot of infected people, who don't qualify to be tested.
Yes I'm guessing if you tested the whole planet right now with a completely reliable test we'd find that the number infected is surprising.

But getting back to this Big Government bossy directive and whether or not we should say they are wrong:

Don't you find the news reports from New York and Italy credible that the hospitals have been overwhelmed?

Do you think social distancing and the prevention of social gathering should be policy? This is the government forcing restaurants to close! sports are on hold, and so on.

I think they totally got it right. That a virus spreads from person to person and we are in the middle of a difficult situation that would have been 10 times the nightmare if we'd done nothing.

I believe that the doctors know what they are talking about on this one.

You and I are a critical part of that process. If you don't believe it and run around telling people it's BS, and you're wrong, the consequences are devastating.

Good example:
The 1885 Montreal Smallpox Epidemic

The French half of Montreal had a number of leaders come out against vaccination. The results, for the French in Montreal, were horrendous.
Edited on 09-04-2020 06:07
09-04-2020 07:06
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... I'm guess there are a whole lot of infected people, who don't qualify to be tested.
Yes I'm guessing if you tested the whole planet right now with a completely reliable test we'd find that the number infected is surprising.

But getting back to this Big Government bossy directive and whether or not we should say they are wrong:

Don't you find the news reports from New York and Italy credible that the hospitals have been overwhelmed?

Do you think social distancing and the prevention of social gathering should be policy? This is the government forcing restaurants to close! sports are on hold, and so on.

I think they totally got it right. That a virus spreads from person to person and we are in the middle of a difficult situation that would have been 10 times the nightmare if we'd done nothing.

You and I are a critical part of that process. If you don't believe it and run around telling people it's BS, and you're wrong, the consequences are devastating.

Good example:

The French half of Montreal had a number of leaders come out against vaccination. The results, for the French in Montreal, were horrendous.

I think it should have been voluntary from the start, those with symptoms, or felt it best, should have isolated themselves. Government, businesses, should have just made it easy for people to choice to isolate, if needed. The old, and people in bad health, who already knew a cold or flu infection would mess them up, should have isolated. The 80% that wouldn't have had a problem, any more than the usual cold and flu, should have been allowed to go about their lives, get sick for a week or two, and get over it, hopefully be immune for life. A vaccine won't be available, even in limited supply, for high risk people, until next spring, if trials go well. First season on any new vaccine, is still a trial run, might still not be effective enough, or not as safe as the earlier trials indicated. What we are doing now, just means that next fall, we get to do it all over again, because a good portion of the healthy population didn't get infected this time, means they are prime for infection, and spreading. Not everyone is getting tested, so only those lucky enough to get tested, and got a positive, will know they could be immune.

I don't do the annual flu shots, even though they are free at work, and given right there in the breakroom. I don't believe I'll be getting the Covid-19 vaccine, voluntarily. If it's mandatory for work, or some other dire penalty, sure, but not because it's available.

Italy, New York, and a few other places are hot, and having troubles, because they are packed full of people. Mass transit is just an option, it's pretty much the only option. They don't have the real estate to build new hospitals, and opted for clinics and urgent care facilities. The populations in those areas, aren't the healthiest either.
09-04-2020 07:36
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I think it should have been voluntary....
Why is it you hold your own opinion higher than those who are experts in the field? I would understand it if you had something you found compelling that called their advice into question. Like the "Anti Vaxers" had the now discredited study from some dufuss linking vaccines to Autism. At least that was something they waved around. You seem to set aside expert advice on a whim.

Where is your argument? What are you basing your violently antisocial position on?

HarveyH55 wrote:Italy, New York, and a few other places are hot, and having troubles, because they are packed full of people.
You just made that up! Like you were spit balling story ideas. What you just said is totally fabricated from nothing.

I could do that too.

"Well you see New York and Italy are having problems because people there are huggers, and well you get the flue from hugging especially. That's what I say for no reason."

Every city in the world is packed with people. All of them.

Italy is actually far less densely populated than a lot of places.
Bergamo is the town most affected by the COVID-19 epidemic,

Density of Bergamo Italy: 3,000/km2

Densisty of Seoul South Korea:
16,000/km2

What are you basing your BS on? Apparently nothing at all.

It's not funny or cute. You're an active threat to the lives of others.

That is the city hardest hit in Italy.

"Due to the shortage of resources , a triage of the patients to be intubated was needed, based on data such as age, presence of comorbidity, degree of respiratory failure severity, and life expectancy."
Edited on 09-04-2020 07:54
09-04-2020 17:40
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I think it should have been voluntary....
Why is it you hold your own opinion higher than those who are experts in the field?

Does being an "expert in the field" somehow "make holy" the reasoning of an argument? If so, then describe precisely how this works.

tmiddles wrote:
I would understand it if you had something you found compelling that called their advice into question.

Many times I DO. Often enough, it turns out to be simple science, logic, and mathematics.

tmiddles wrote:
Like the "Anti Vaxers" had the now discredited study from some dufuss linking vaccines to Autism. At least that was something they waved around.

Dufus is spelled with one 's', not two. Obviously, English isn't your strong suit either.

tmiddles wrote:
You seem to set aside expert advice on a whim.

You seem to set "expert advice" onto a pedestal.

tmiddles wrote:
Where is your argument?

Right here.

tmiddles wrote:
What are you basing your violently antisocial position on?

YOUR position is antisocial, not his.

tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Italy, New York, and a few other places are hot, and having troubles, because they are packed full of people.
You just made that up! Like you were spit balling story ideas. What you just said is totally fabricated from nothing.

No, he's quite right. Those areas DO have a high level of population density.

tmiddles wrote:
I could do that too.

"Well you see New York and Italy are having problems because people there are huggers,

There are huggers all over the world.

tmiddles wrote:
and well you get the flue from hugging especially.

Again, English isn't your strong suit. A flue is a duct in a chimney where smoke and gases come out. A flu is the respiratory illness that is being discussed here.

tmiddles wrote:
That's what I say for no reason."

Lame reasoning if you ask me.

tmiddles wrote:
Every city in the world is packed with people. All of them.

Not true. In my State of Wisconsin, Bayfield has under 500 people... I wouldn't consider that to be "packed with people".

tmiddles wrote:
Italy is actually far less densely populated than a lot of places.
Bergamo is the town most affected by the COVID-19 epidemic,

Density of Bergamo Italy: 3,000/km2

Densisty of Seoul South Korea:
16,000/km2

Population density is only one of numerous factors.

tmiddles wrote:
What are you basing your BS on? Apparently nothing at all.

The BS is yours, not his or mine.

tmiddles wrote:

Fear mongering.

tmiddles wrote:

That is the city hardest hit in Italy.

"Due to the shortage of resources , a triage of the patients to be intubated was needed, based on data such as age, presence of comorbidity, degree of respiratory failure severity, and life expectancy."

Italy has shitty health care. They have lots of old people. They have lots of people with preexisting conditions. Not everybody is Italy.
09-04-2020 21:11
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:

You're right, I am an active threat, but most people are smart enough not to provoke...

I'm guess that's why all the negativity in your posts. You're stuck at home, fearing for your life, the only control you have, is which keys to press. Little jealous, perhaps, since the virus thing hasn't had a huge impact on how I live my life. There are a few restrictions, but not life crushing, there plenty of other things to do.

Must be aggravating, frustrating, to live in a prison cell, and no idea how long you are going to be sentenced to be there, not having done anything wrong. Well, except a few minor karma infractions. Guessing, family, friends, and neighbors don't drop by much, to see if your are still breathing, for fear they might infect your with the deadly virus.
09-04-2020 23:11
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

I take it you've come to the conclusiong that Covid19 is not any worse than the usual cold or flu? Based on what?

Safe to say none of us have "gone into the lab after a buddy told us some stuff" on this one.

My conclusion is based on the consensus of information provided like this:
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/18/21184992/coronavirus-covid-19-flu-comparison-chart

Then of course there is the drama in New York. Think that's a hoax or something? Boris Johnson faking it too?

So why do you have this contrarian view Harvey?

I can't find anything at all that supports your conclusion.

Maybe IBD knows about something on INFOWARS or another source he trusts?

Vox is not a valid source. Random numbers.

The Parrot Killer

09-04-2020 23:20
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It is not possible to test the whole planet.
tmiddles wrote:

What the governors of these States are doing is wrong.
tmiddles wrote:

Italy's health system is easily overwhelmed. It's a very sucky heathcare system. New York is not overwhelmed.
tmiddles wrote:
Do you think social distancing and the prevention of social gathering should be policy?

No.
tmiddles wrote:
This is the government forcing restaurants to close! sports are on hold, and so on.

No. It is unconstitutional for most States to do this.
tmiddles wrote:
I think they totally got it right.

Made no difference. They still got Covid-19 cases, and people are still dying. Social distancing does not stop a virus. Closing a restaurant does not stop a virus.
tmiddles wrote:
That a virus spreads from person to person

Just like any virus.
tmiddles wrote:
and we are in the middle of a difficult situation that would have been 10 times the nightmare if we'd done nothing.

Nope. The virus cannot be stopped with 6 foot distance, paper masks, nitril gloves, closing businesses down, etc. What stops a virus is the immune system, UV exposure, certain chemicals, etc.
tmiddles wrote:

Bigotry. Doctors have all kinds of opinions on this issue, including the opinion that this mass panic isn't doing anything other than hurting the economy.
tmiddles wrote:
You and I are a critical part of that process.

What process?
tmiddles wrote:
If you don't believe it and run around telling people it's BS, and you're wrong, the consequences are devastating.

Pascal's Wager fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
Good example:

False equivalence fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

10-04-2020 02:23
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:...I am an active threat, but most people are smart enough not to provoke...
This is no different than people selfishly not getting vaccinated. You're not doing it for yourself if you're strong and healthy you are doing it for the populations health compromised. But get educated yourself Harvey. You attitude and ignorance is reprehensible.

Into the Night wrote:
Vox is not a valid source. Random numbers.
See the lower left: sources: CDC, WHO, NCBI

And you declare everything to be invalid as you have no criteria at all. PLEASE mention the Data Mine you fraud (in my sig).

Into the Night wrote:What the governors of these States are doing is wrong.
What should they be doing? Would you apply the same judgement to Montreal in 1885 ?

Into the Night wrote:New York is not overwhelmed.
What do you base that on? Do you think this is an actor and part of a hoax?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE68xVXf8Kw
'People Are Dying': Battling Coronavirus Inside a N.Y.C. Hospital | NYT News

But your assertion is based on?? What exactly? Did you do some personal investigative work in NYC?

Into the Night wrote:Nope. The virus cannot be stopped with 6 foot distance, paper masks, nitril gloves, closing businesses down, etc. What stops a virus is the immune system, UV exposure, certain chemicals, etc.
And let me guess it's not possible to demonstrate your assertion with research or testing. You have NOTHING to back up those wildly contrarian statements.

As usual.

Your ass is not a valid source. You should really stop pulling things out of it.

gfm7175 wrote:
Does being an "expert in the field" somehow "make holy" the reasoning of an argument? If so, then describe precisely how this works.
No it simply means that the person is qualified. It also gives us some grasp of what their motives might be.

When doctors report that someone has died and the cause was Covid-19 I know a few things. Physically they are located in the room where that information is available. The technology has long existed to test for the virus and determine a cause of death and a credentialed doctor is capable of making that determination.

Harvey on the other hand is at home and only has the information we are getting from that doctor. Along with you and I.

So if he is alleging some hoax/plot/incompetence that should cause us to discount this information let's have it.

What is your point exactly?

gfm7175 wrote:
Many times I DO. Often enough, ...
I'm not interested in your lifestyle gfm. Do you have a point to make on this topic? Not "often times" but this time?

gfm7175 wrote:
Italy has shitty health care. They have lots of old people. They have lots of people with preexisting conditions. Not everybody is Italy.
As does New York? As does Spain? And you conveniently pretend that Italy doesn't score higher than the US in infant mortality and preventable death.

On what do you base your evaluation of Italy's health care system on? Your own field work? Any sources at all?

Or is it also ITN's ass you pulled that out of?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 10-04-2020 02:34
10-04-2020 02:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Oh, that last one is a good one Tmid!
10-04-2020 04:22
(5197)

tmiddles wrote:
This is no different than people selfishly not getting vaccinated. You're not doing it for yourself if you're strong and healthy you are doing it for the populations health compromised. But get educated yourself Harvey. You attitude and ignorance is reprehensible.
Why should it matter, whether I get vaccinated, or not/ Everyone else has the same option of getting vaccinated. Who am I going to infect? Someone else that decide to go without? Or, are you referring to somebody at work, having to fill in for me, while I'm out sick? If you are deathly afraid of a virus, get vaccinated, get a double dose, you can have mine. Doesn't Medicare cover you vaccinations? Get your shots, and you don't have to worry, about healthy people so much.

You do realize, that there has never been a vaccine, that was 100% safe and effective, right? Although, the failure rate, is acceptably low... Read the paper, next time you get vaccinated.

tmiddles wrote:
Harvey on the other hand is at home and only has the information we are getting from that doctor. Along with you and I.

So if he is alleging some hoax/plot/incompetence that should cause us to discount this information let's have it.

Quit your lying. I don't say anything of the sort, your third time making that false claim. You ****ing loser. I'm not stress, scared, or worried about it. There is nothing being put out by our government, or any other government, that leads me to believe, that if I do catch it, that it's going to be any worse, than a common, seasonal cold virus. No puking up my lunch, no coughing up bloodied chunks of lung, no hospital dude shoving a breathing tube down my throat. 3-5 days, I'll feel just fine, probably won't even need to skip a day, of my usual routine, except work will probably give me a couple weeks off. I get a week of paid sick time every year, only used once. Still have another 4 weeks paid vacation.
10-04-2020 04:58
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote: Why should it matter, whether I get vaccinated, or not/
You are simply uniformed on why vaccinations are important and effective. YOU are not vaccinated the population is. If you don't do your part you're just a selfish member of the population not will to do their part. If enough people get vaccinated then a disease is not able to spread through the population. This saves the lives of not you or I, the healthy members of the population, but the young, old and ill who cannot get vaccinated at all or for whom getting ill is life threatening.

Do you understand that?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/partners/childhood/matte-articles-5-reasons.html

"Vaccines have reduced and, in some cases, eliminated many diseases that killed or severely disabled people just a few generations ago."

It's a group effort. Some people can't participate. Others are just stupid, selfish or insane and choose not too.

What happens if the moron ratio tips too far? Ask the "anti vaxers" responsible for measles outbreaks in 2019
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6657116/

HarveyH55 wrote: Who am I going to infect? Someone else that decide to go without?
Or someone who couldn't get vaccinated Harvey. In the case of Covid-19 of course there is no vaccine so you could get anyone sick.

A good friend of mine just went into remission from leukemia. She will likely die if she gets Covid-19. Normal healthy people at low risk of having a serious issue, being careful now, will help to protect her.

HarveyH55 wrote: I'm not stress, scared, or worried about it.
That you don't care is abundantly clear.

You're just a bad citizen, a bad neighbor, and part of the problem.

10-04-2020 06:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
A few years back I cut my forearm quite nicely with a 4" Dewalt grinder with a 6" cutoff wheel on it. Whoops.

Anyway, when she (the doc) was finishing sewing me up, she asked, "have you had your flu shot yet this year?"

I quickly shot back, "Have you had yours?"

Caught her off guard, but then she leaned in close and real quiet...and I quote....

"You couldn't pay me enough to put that shit in my body."
10-04-2020 07:21
(5197)
GasGuzzler wrote:
A few years back I cut my forearm quite nicely with a 4" Dewalt grinder with a 6" cutoff wheel on it. Whoops.

Anyway, when she (the doc) was finishing sewing me up, she asked, "have you had your flu shot yet this year?"

I quickly shot back, "Have you had yours?"

Caught her off guard, but then she leaned in close and real quiet...and I quote....

"You couldn't pay me enough to put that shit in my body."

Last time I had a tetanus shot, I thought I was going to die the next day. Had a serious fever, soaked in sweat, and weak. Took a lot of effort to get out of bed, but no way I was going to make it to the nearest phone. Laid on the floor for a good while. Eventually pulled myself back in bed. It was dark, when I woke up, felt sore and weak, but could move around okay. Must have been a bad batch...

When I was young, dad got free flu shots for the family at work. Little over two days later, my youngest brother was in the hospital with a high fever. Two older brothers weren't doing too good either. Dad never had us get the shot again. I never got them since, even when they are free.

Most of my Flu experience as a young adult, I caught from hard liquor, usually Tequila, but felt well enough about noon or so the next day...

Twiddles doesn't know what he's talking about. The Flu vaccine, on provides protection for 3-4 strains each year. There are dozens of flu viruses, the CDC and WHO, pick only 3-4, the believe will be statistically most active. It's not quite the miracle shield he wants to believe in. The truth is that regardless if everyone got vaccinated, he still has a good chance of being infected with a deadly virus, every year. It's no secret, if he bothered to read the literature. He prefers trolling here, creating lies.
10-04-2020 07:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: Why should it matter, whether I get vaccinated, or not/
You are simply uniformed on why vaccinations are important and effective. YOU are not vaccinated the population is. If you don't do your part you're just a selfish member of the population not will to do their part. If enough people get vaccinated then a disease is not able to spread through the population. This saves the lives of not you or I, the healthy members of the population, but the young, old and ill who cannot get vaccinated at all or for whom getting ill is life threatening.

Do you understand that?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/partners/childhood/matte-articles-5-reasons.html

"Vaccines have reduced and, in some cases, eliminated many diseases that killed or severely disabled people just a few generations ago."

It's a group effort. Some people can't participate. Others are just stupid, selfish or insane and choose not too.

What happens if the moron ratio tips too far? Ask the "anti vaxers" responsible for measles outbreaks in 2019
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6657116/

HarveyH55 wrote: Who am I going to infect? Someone else that decide to go without?
Or someone who couldn't get vaccinated Harvey. In the case of Covid-19 of course there is no vaccine so you could get anyone sick.

A good friend of mine just went into remission from leukemia. She will likely die if she gets Covid-19. Normal healthy people at low risk of having a serious issue, being careful now, will help to protect her.

HarveyH55 wrote: I'm not stress, scared, or worried about it.
That you don't care is abundantly clear.

You're just a bad citizen, a bad neighbor, and part of the problem.

He doesn't care.
10-04-2020 12:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Harvey, I think vaccination has about made things like chicken pox, measles, polio, tuberculosis, etc. rare. Kind of why vaccines are pursued. Then they can be improved upon.
With viruses, because they have DNA, they have a tendency to mutate while diseases which have RNA repair themselves and don't mutate. And if the vaccines weren't pursued then they'd have less of a database to work from when something like what we have now comes along.
10-04-2020 15:09
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:Last time I had a tetanus shot, I thought I was going to die...
So what is your take on tetanus shots then Harvey? Do you think no one should get them? Would you not have your children receive one?

You do realize of course some people would say "The last time I had tetanus I died" (except they are dead so they can't say that):

Mortality from tetanus reported in the United States, 1900–2017
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/surv-manual/chpt16-tetanus.html
So that's 2.4 per 100,000 people in the US who died from Tetanus in 1900. We had 76 million then so that was ~ 1800 deaths in 1900 and 1230 in 1930.
And now?
https://ourworldindata.org/tetanus
"Globally 38,000 people died from tetanus in 2017"
United States? : 0.1 cases per 1,000,000 population (~30 cases)
Why? The tetanus shot.

So here is the CDC childhood immunization schedule.

For the most part this is manadated if you want to enroll your children in school for example. So Harvery, GasGuzzler, Gfm What's your position on childhood immunization?

I don't even know anyone that's gotten Diptheria! What's the point of this right?

Edited on 10-04-2020 15:20
10-04-2020 16:35
(3314)
I'm not opposed to childhood immunization.
10-04-2020 16:49
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
I'm not opposed to childhood immunization.

I'm not a lot of things. Whate ARE you?

Try actually taking a position.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Mayo:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact