Remember me
▼ Content

China



Page 1 of 212>
China14-03-2020 02:51
keepit
★★★★☆
(1220)
Only 5 new cases in china this week.

What did they do to squish the virus?
They used draconian precautions, isolation, shutdowns, and massive quarantines to stop the spread.

What they didn't do.
They didn't lie to each other saying the covid19 was just the winter flu and there was no need for precautions.

Watch ITN/ IBDM try to turn this into a semantic argument.
Edited on 14-03-2020 03:04
14-03-2020 03:36
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
keepit wrote: Only 5 new cases in china this week.
What did they do to squish the virus?


It was just the winter flu and there was no need for precautions.

Watch keepit try to claim that this lame version of the flu was somehow going to kill mankind but was thwarted by authoritarian Marxist control.

Humanity saved by Marxism preventing a catastrophic demise of the planet. Where have we heard that before?


.
Attached image:

14-03-2020 03:41
keepit
★★★★☆
(1220)
Thanks IBDM.
14-03-2020 04:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
keepit wrote: Thanks IBDM.

I found that at the Climate-Debate Symposium ... in mint condition! I got it at a great price too, I wasn't going to pass that up.

Are you contracted for the 2021 season as well?


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-03-2020 04:04
keepit
★★★★☆
(1220)
I wish i knew what you were talking about.
14-03-2020 04:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
keepit wrote: I wish i knew what you were talking about.

Just like I wish I could figure out your posts.


... but we manage, right?



.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-03-2020 04:15
keepit
★★★★☆
(1220)
I guess so.
14-03-2020 05:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
keepit wrote: I guess so.

That's a great guess.


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-03-2020 05:21
keepit
★★★★☆
(1220)
We'll see.
14-03-2020 05:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
keepit wrote: We'll see.


... said the blind man ... as he picked up his hammer and saw.


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-03-2020 07:46
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Thanks IBDM.

I found that at the Climate-Debate Symposium ... in mint condition! I got it at a great price too, I wasn't going to pass that up.

Are you contracted for the 2021 season as well?


.

Oh [insert deity of your choice here] I sure as heck hope so!!!

I hope keepit has signed a very long-term contract, as I haven't had this much joy watching a sports player since the days of Brett Favre. Better keep that mint condition card under lock and key; it's gonna be worth a ****load one day.
Edited on 14-03-2020 07:50
14-03-2020 07:48
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
keepit wrote:
I wish i knew what you were talking about.

Similar to how your teammates wish that you could bring your batting average above 0.000?
14-03-2020 11:12
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
keepit wrote:
Only 5 new cases in china this week.

What did they do to squish the virus?
They used draconian precautions, isolation, shutdowns, and massive quarantines to stop the spread.

What they didn't do.
They didn't lie to each other saying the covid19 was just the winter flu and there was no need for precautions.

Watch ITN/ IBDM try to turn this into a semantic argument.


Yeah it's really the best news so far right? Far more so than a vaccine.

I was reading about SARS and it was stopped by policy: isolating infected people and so on. So I think that's working in China now.

I hope we are as effective.

IBdaMann wrote:...I wish I could figure out your posts.
IBD you see in China they had fewer cases of Covid. So there were 5 new cases this week but more before that. Does that help you understand? See the chart below (I know you love charts as much as ITN):

See the drop in the blue lines? That means less. Oh and just an FYI (cuz I know you think nothing can be known and what not) but it's still winter. That drop int he blue lines is not "winter ending".

IBdaMann wrote:It was just the winter flu and there was no need for precautions.
Also you see those yellow lines? That's more new cases outside of China and no that's not a new different winter starting somewhere else. Same winter. Still going on, still cold out.

This is the pattern:


So yet another great thread by keepit : ) One of the highest goal scorers on the board (he may win the golden boot).

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 14-03-2020 11:16
14-03-2020 19:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11753)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
Only 5 new cases in china this week.

What did they do to squish the virus?
They used draconian precautions, isolation, shutdowns, and massive quarantines to stop the spread.

What they didn't do.
They didn't lie to each other saying the covid19 was just the winter flu and there was no need for precautions.

Watch ITN/ IBDM try to turn this into a semantic argument.


Yeah it's really the best news so far right? Far more so than a vaccine.

I was reading about SARS and it was stopped by policy: isolating infected people and so on. So I think that's working in China now.

I hope we are as effective.

IBdaMann wrote:...I wish I could figure out your posts.
IBD you see in China they had fewer cases of Covid. So there were 5 new cases this week but more before that. Does that help you understand? See the chart below (I know you love charts as much as ITN):

See the drop in the blue lines? That means less. Oh and just an FYI (cuz I know you think nothing can be known and what not) but it's still winter. That drop int he blue lines is not "winter ending".

IBdaMann wrote:It was just the winter flu and there was no need for precautions.
Also you see those yellow lines? That's more new cases outside of China and no that's not a new different winter starting somewhere else. Same winter. Still going on, still cold out.

This is the pattern:


So yet another great thread by keepit : ) One of the highest goal scorers on the board (he may win the golden boot).

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN


SARS wasn't stopped by policy.

SARS is still here.


The Parrot Killer
15-03-2020 02:54
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
Into the Night wrote:
SARS wasn't stopped by policy.

SARS is still here.


An outbreak of SARS spread from China to several other countries in 2002-2003. There have been no outbreaks since, but there is still a risk that one will happen in the future.

Do you know someone with SARS?

Or is this another qwip like saying the Moon has an atmosphere?
15-03-2020 19:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11753)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
SARS wasn't stopped by policy.

SARS is still here.


An outbreak of SARS spread from China to several other countries in 2002-2003. There have been no outbreaks since, but there is still a risk that one will happen in the future.

It's called the Winter flu for a reason, stupid.
tmiddles wrote:
Do you know someone with SARS?

No. What do you care?
tmiddles wrote:
Or is this another qwip like saying the Moon has an atmosphere?

The Moon has an atmosphere. It's not a quip.


The Parrot Killer
15-03-2020 19:45
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
Into the Night wrote:
It's called the Winter flu for a reason, stupid.
You know we have winter every year right? This isn't game of thrones. But we don't have SARS every winter. Because we succesfully contained it.

https://www.cdc.gov/sars/index.html

"Since 2004, there have not been any known cases of SARS reported anywhere in the world. "

So you're wrong ITN. Wouldn't be a big deal if you could admit you're wrong (just to yourself is fine). I'm wrong often. Relax, accept it, move on.

Now SARS only infected a relatively small group, no "herd immunity" developed. The Spanish Flu was not contained and the chart below of UK deaths shows it did not just pop up and die out. Everybody that was going to get it got it. Even Woodrow Wilson in 1919.


Science and Technology really are worth a damn. They CAN be effectively applied to make our lives better.

There are serious consequences to not having that benefit.


Edited on 15-03-2020 20:08
15-03-2020 21:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11753)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
It's called the Winter flu for a reason, stupid.
You know we have winter every year right? This isn't game of thrones. But we don't have SARS every winter. Because we succesfully contained it. ...deleted Mantras 4a...4b...7...

The current virus is a variant of SARS, dumbass. Neither virus is contained.
tmiddles wrote:
Now SARS only infected a relatively small group,

WRONG. SARS has infected people since 2003.
tmiddles wrote:
no "herd immunity" developed.

There is no such thing. However, most people have immunity to SARS now.
tmiddles wrote:
The Spanish Flu was not contained and the chart below of UK deaths shows it did not just pop up and die out. Everybody that was going to get it got it. Even Woodrow Wilson in 1919. ...deleted Mantras 20e2...21...7...4a...10 (government agency<->science)...

It's not contained either. Spanish flu can still infect people. It has not gone away.


The Parrot Killer
15-03-2020 21:27
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
Into the Night wrote:
The current virus is a variant of SARS, dumbass. Neither virus is contained.
Ah I see! It's another "the moon has an atmosphere" pointless statement. They are all "the flu" and therefore "the flu" has never been contained. Except you're dead wrong. The 2003/2004 "SARS-CoV" virus is distinct from ""SARS-CoV-2" and it only infected a small group, just 8000 confirmed. One did not come from the other and the names are based on their characteristics not a lineage.

Into the Night wrote:...most people have immunity to SARS now.
Totally made up BS. It's funny how you claim none of the established information can be known but then you make things up out of thin air that are demonstrably false. Immunity only develops from infection. While a lot more people than the 8000 diagnosed cases of "SARS-CoV" were infected there are over 7 billion people on Earth. So no you're wrong.

Into the Night wrote:It's not contained either. Spanish flu can still infect people. It has not gone away.
Now here you're wrong again. The Spanish Flu is gone. Because it ran wild through the population we DID have herd immunity (back when it died out).

You're just making stuff up! There is a time when it's appropriate to cite things ITN. This is one of them.

"why bring the Spanish flu back to life, and what if the virus escaped the laboratory and fell into the hands of terrorists?"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/09/spanish-flu-pandemic-centenary-first-world-war
Edited on 15-03-2020 21:32
15-03-2020 21:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11753)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The current virus is a variant of SARS, dumbass. Neither virus is contained.
Ah I see! It's another "the moon has an atmosphere" pointless statement.

YOU brought up the Moon. Are you saying what you did is pointless?!? Mantra 16b.
tmiddles wrote:
They are all "the flu" and therefore "the flu" has never been contained.

Correct.
tmiddles wrote:
Except you're dead wrong. The 2003/2004 SARTS virus is distinct and it only infected a small group, just 8000 confirmed.

Nope. Still infects people today. Mantra 26...9a.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:...most people have immunity to SARS now.
Totally made up BS.

Nope. Many people are immune to SARS now. Mantra 23.
tmiddles wrote:
It's funny how you claim none of the established information can be known

It is known. SARS isn't nearly the problem it used to be. No Magick government agency had anything to do with it. Mantra 30...9a.
tmiddles wrote:
but then you make things up out of thin air that are demonstrably false.

Then why are people not catching SARS in the numbers they used to? Mantra 7...5.
tmiddles wrote:
Immunity only develops from infection.

WRONG. Like keepit, you obviously have NO idea how the immune system works. You can develop immunity without ever having been exposed to either the virus nor a vaccine. Mantra 31.
tmiddles wrote:
While a lot more people than the 8000 diagnosed cases of "SARS-CoV" were infected there are over 7 billion people on Earth. So no you're wrong.

People still catch SARS today. Mantra 9a.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:It's not contained either. Spanish flu can still infect people. It has not gone away.
Now here you're wrong again. The Spanish Flu is gone.

No, it isn't. People still can catch it today. Mantra 21...28.
tmiddles wrote:
Because it ran wild through the population we DO have herd immunity (or we did back when it died out).

It did not die out. Mantra 21...28.
tmiddles wrote:
You're just making stuff up!

No, that would be YOU. Mantra 17.
tmiddles wrote:
There is a time when it's appropriate to cite things ITN. This is one of them.

Mantra 4e.


The Parrot Killer
15-03-2020 23:06
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
Into the Night wrote:
It is known....You can develop immunity without ever having been exposed to either the virus nor a vaccine. ...
People still catch SARS today. ...The Spanish Flu is gone...
No, it isn't. People still can catch it today.
tmiddles wrote:
There is a time when it's appropriate to cite things ITN. This is one of them.

Mantra 4e.
You are simply making things up. I provided my citations.

https://consumer.healthday.com/infectious-disease-information-21/flu-news-314/survivors-of-1918-flu-pandemic-immune-90-years-later-618493.html

"studied antibodies in the blood of 32 people in their 90s and 100s, born during or before 1915. They found that all 32 people had antibodies to the 1918 strain of flu virus."

You know who didn't? EVERYBODY ELSE! Because you're wrong ITN.

You don't "develop immunity" to things you're not exposed to.

So random anonymous online person, as another random anonymous online person I'll ask you again: citation please.
15-03-2020 23:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The current virus is a variant of SARS, dumbass. Neither virus is contained.
Ah I see! It's another "the moon has an atmosphere" pointless statement.

Aaaah, so you officially deny genetics and evolution. OK. At least now I know how to focus my mockery.


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-03-2020 02:02
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
IBdaMann wrote:
...deny genetics and evolution. .

Though your ancestors probably contracted the Spanish Flu you don't have antibodies or immunity to it IBD. Genetics and evolution play no role whatsoever aside from 20-50 million victims killed and contributing to a lower birth rate from those more vulnerable.

https://www.quora.com/Can-we-have-inherited-immunity-to-the-corona-virus-or-any-kind-of-immunity

"Can we have inherited immunity
to the corona virus or any kind of immunity?"

" inherited immunity is not a thing. So no you cannot inherit immunity to any virus in the sense of enetics."

So if you're bringing up that old viruses can mutate into new ones, or if ITN is saying that, I see no point. Do either of you have one?
Edited on 16-03-2020 02:23
16-03-2020 03:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
tmiddles wrote: Though your ancestors probably contracted the Spanish Flu you don't have antibodies or immunity to it IBD.

You don't know that. You aren't omniscient as you imagine. I may have gotten the Spanish flu several times and never even knew it. The Spanish flu might now have evolved to be mostly impotent on humans.

The main thing is that you don't know. We're right back to you arguing that you know things that you don't.

Fallacy 31) Claims Knowledge via Omniscience or Fabrication Fallacy or the tmiddles declaration of "What We Know"


tmiddles wrote: Genetics and evolution play no role whatsoever

All viruses evolve, continually, and at an extremely fast rate. Your arguments are based on science denial, just like your strange belief that temperature spontaneously increases without additional energy.



.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-03-2020 04:09
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
Wow. It's sad to see how confused tmiddles and keepit are regarding how the immune system works. My personal experiences with the flu:

I've only started bothering with getting the flu shot for the last couple of years. Before that, I never bothered as I really hated getting any sort of shot.

Yes, during these last two years (as of today), I have not gotten the flu (meaning that I have not actively noticed any symptoms or been bedridden or anything like that).

However, over the last at least ten years prior to that, when I wasn't getting flu shots, I had only gotten the flu (as defined earlier) ONE time. Other than that, I don't think I've had it since grade school (maybe one time during my high school or college years).

I wonder how I avoided getting it then, since I wasn't getting vaccinated and I was still around other sick people and everything... (rhetorical wondering)
16-03-2020 04:16
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
...deny genetics and evolution. .

Though your ancestors probably contracted the Spanish Flu you don't have antibodies or immunity to it IBD. Genetics and evolution play no role whatsoever aside from 20-50 million victims killed and contributing to a lower birth rate from those more vulnerable.

https://www.quora.com/Can-we-have-inherited-immunity-to-the-corona-virus-or-any-kind-of-immunity

"Can we have inherited immunity
to the corona virus or any kind of immunity?"

" inherited immunity is not a thing. So no you cannot inherit immunity to any virus in the sense of enetics."

So if you're bringing up that old viruses can mutate into new ones, or if ITN is saying that, I see no point. Do either of you have one?

Regarding the first bolded, do you know what antibodies are and how they function? (again, a rhetorical question)
Edited on 16-03-2020 04:17
16-03-2020 04:24
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: Though your ancestors probably contracted the Spanish Flu you don't have antibodies or immunity to it IBD.

You don't know that. You aren't omniscient as you imagine.
I said you probably had relatives. You DO NOT have antibodies. Not unless you actually were infected back in 1919?

I do know that with 99% confidence (we never do get 100% do we).

IBdaMann wrote:The Spanish flu might now have evolved
When a virus mutates it's no longer the same virus. So it wouldn't be "The Spanish Flu" of 1919 if it had changed. If you brought back the Spanish flu of 1919 it would be devastating.

IBdaMann wrote:science denial, just like your strange belief that temperature spontaneously increases without additional energy.

Ha! It hurts to be debunked so badly I bet:

Misuse of the 1st LTD, Plancks Law/SB Law, and glaring hypocrisy of "Valid Data" exposed:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/venus-is-hotter-than-mercury--d6-e2710-s720.php#post_53762
4 days with no reply

Debating "photons of the lower temperature object are not absorbed by the higher temperature object." and that the a light bulb absorbs the radiance from an oven, IBD claims "go ahead ... I'm ready to debate it.":
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-radiative-greenhouse-effect-does-not-exist-d10-e3047-s40.php#post_53357
11 days with no reply

2nd Law and disproving IBD's confusion about Earth being a isolated system:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/2nd-law-d6-e3030-s80.php#post_53063
17 days with no reply



"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
16-03-2020 04:27
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
gfm7175 wrote:...do you know what antibodies are and how they function? (again, a rhetorical question)
Yes I do. You do not inherit them. This is why we get vaccinated. AFTER your body is exposed to a harmful virus it creates antibodies to develop and quickly wipe it out in the future.

Are you under the impression I have that wrong?

gfm7175 wrote:I wonder how I avoided getting it then, since I wasn't getting vaccinated and I was still around other sick people and everything
First of all you should say "I wonder how I avoided having symptoms" since you were probably having viruses that your body killed in that time.

Did you have a point? Are you about to try to pitch Scientology or something?

I very rarely have flu symptoms myself and I've never had the flue shot.

If you are thinking you "didn't get it" because you have immunity/antibodies even though you "didn't get it" you're wrong. It doesn't work that way.

And yes, we actually do know how this works.
Edited on 16-03-2020 04:32
16-03-2020 05:28
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:...do you know what antibodies are and how they function? (again, a rhetorical question)
Yes I do.

Judging by the rest of your response below, you clearly don't.

tmiddles wrote:
You do not inherit them. This is why we get vaccinated.

No it's not.

tmiddles wrote:
AFTER your body is exposed to a harmful virus it creates antibodies to develop and quickly wipe it out in the future.

Your body already had antibodies, even before receiving the vaccine. Antibodies do not "wipe out" anything. They are markers. Their job is to mark the enemy and yell out "HEY! OVER HERE!" to the white cells, which then pull out their "AK-14s" (hopefully you understand the reference) and destroy the foreign invaders. Them racist xenophobic bastards!

tmiddles wrote:
Are you under the impression I have that wrong?

Yes. Grossly wrong at that.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I wonder how I avoided getting it then, since I wasn't getting vaccinated and I was still around other sick people and everything
First of all you should say "I wonder how I avoided having symptoms" since you were probably having viruses that your body killed in that time.

Obviously you did not read the rest of that post of mine very closely. If you would have, you would have noted how I defined "getting the flu". You also do not realize how you are precisely making my point here.

tmiddles wrote:
Did you have a point? Are you about to try to pitch Scientology or something?

I did. That you have no idea what antibodies are and how they work. You have only further shown that you are clueless.

tmiddles wrote:
If you are thinking you "didn't get it" because you have immunity/antibodies even though you "didn't get it" you're wrong. It doesn't work that way.

See above.

tmiddles wrote:
And yes, we actually do know how this works.

"We"? Are you saying that you are possessed by another entity or entities?
Edited on 16-03-2020 05:30
16-03-2020 05:32
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
gfm7175 wrote: You also do not realize how you are precisely making my point here.
What was your point?
16-03-2020 05:39
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: You also do not realize how you are precisely making my point here.
What was your point?

Exactly...
16-03-2020 05:50
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: You also do not realize how you are precisely making my point here.
What was your point?

Exactly...
No, you failed to actually make a point gfm.

You said:
gfm7175 wrote:I wonder how I avoided getting it then, since I wasn't getting vaccinated and I was still around other sick people and everything... (rhetorical wondering)

Were you going somewhere with that? Do you not agree that, just like me, it's not a marvel at all that you've only rarely had flue symptoms in your life?

And nothing I said about antibodies was inaccurate by the way. You are wrong to say "your body already had antibodies," in relation to a virus I have not had before because it does not. Antibodies are specific to an antigen, there are not wild card, I'll flag em as I see em, antibodies.
16-03-2020 06:41
Xadoman
★★☆☆☆
(160)
Question about quarantines. Do you think it actually helps to fight viral diseases or it only prolongs the inevitable. For example chickenpox. We do not vaccinate here against this virus and most people get it during their childhood. For those few who get it in adulthood the disease could be deadly. So it seems that chickenpox is a mainstream virus. It spreads airborn like flus. Spanish flu went all over the world when people did not travel as much as nowadays.
So overall what do you think about implementing quarantines for this disease? We have normal flu running its course all over the world and nobody cares about quarantines. My guess is that after two months the BAU continues because otherwise there is going to be a massive economic collapse.
Edited on 16-03-2020 06:43
16-03-2020 08:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(11753)
tmiddles wrote:
And nothing I said about antibodies was inaccurate by the way.

Yes it is. You have no clue how the immune system works.
tmiddles wrote:
You are wrong to say "your body already had antibodies," in relation to a virus I have not had before because it does not.

It very well can. You do not need exposure to a virus or even a vaccine to gain immunity.
tmiddles wrote:
Antibodies are specific to an antigen,

No, they are not. They will work with groups of viruses.


The Parrot Killer
16-03-2020 12:37
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
And nothing I said about antibodies was inaccurate by the way.

Yes it is. You have no clue how the immune system works.
tmiddles wrote:
You are wrong to say "your body already had antibodies," in relation to a virus I have not had before because it does not.

It very well can. You do not need exposure to a virus or even a vaccine to gain immunity.
tmiddles wrote:
Antibodies are specific to an antigen,

No, they are not. They will work with groups of viruses.
All of that checks out as false ITN.

So why won't you cite anything?

What are you basing your statements on?

https://www.britannica.com/science/antibody

And a coherent response would be:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
And nothing I said about antibodies was inaccurate by the way.

Yes it is. You have no clue how the immune system works. You claimed ____________ when it is actually _____________ as show here: citation.
(green text added by me)
16-03-2020 14:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6253)
tmiddles wrote:You DO NOT have antibodies. Not unless you actually were infected back in 1919?

My body has plenty of antibodies. They keep me from falling sick every five minutes.

tmiddles wrote: I do know that with 99% confidence (we never do get 100% do we).

Actually, you BELIEVE that with virtual certainty ... because you absorb misinformation like a sponge. 31) and 31)a.


31) Claims Knowledge via Omniscience or Fabrication Fallacy or the tmiddles declaration of "What We Know"
a) Abusing "to know" instead of correctly expressing "to believe"



tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:The Spanish flu might now have evolved
When a virus mutates it's no longer the same virus. So it wouldn't be "The Spanish Flu" of 1919 if it had changed. If you brought back the Spanish flu of 1919 it would be devastating.

Now you have a semantic problem. None of the Coronavirus is the Coronavirus any longer then. It mutates and evolves just like all other life, except that viruses do it so much faster. Ergo, either the Spanish Flu is still around or there is no more Coronavirus. You need to pick one and remain consistent.


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-03-2020 15:21
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
IBdaMann wrote:
My body has plenty of antibodies. They keep me from falling sick every five minutes....None of the Coronavirus is the Coronavirus any longer then. ....either the Spanish Flu is still around or there is no more Coronavirus. ....
You love to hide in word games.

Antibodies will protect you from specific antigens. You and I don't have antobodies to protect us from either the 1919 Spanish Flu or the 2019 coronavirus (unless we are infected now).
16-03-2020 16:26
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: You also do not realize how you are precisely making my point here.
What was your point?

Exactly...
No, you failed to actually make a point gfm.

No, you simply don't know what antibodies are and how they work.

tmiddles wrote:
You said:
gfm7175 wrote:I wonder how I avoided getting it then, since I wasn't getting vaccinated and I was still around other sick people and everything... (rhetorical wondering)

Were you going somewhere with that?

I already did.

tmiddles wrote:
Do you not agree that, just like me, it's not a marvel at all that you've only rarely had flue symptoms in your life?

That's my position, as I've already explained it.

But according to you, I'd be getting the flu all the time since I never got a flu shot, and strains are distinct, so I wouldn't have any immunity to those strains because I wouldn't have antibodies because I wasn't ever infected before and because "antibodies are specific to antigen", according to you.

Also of note, the word 'flu' is spelled 'flu', not 'flue'. A 'flue' is a duct within a chimney that smoke travels through. A 'flu' is the viral infection that we are discussing here.

tmiddles wrote:
And nothing I said about antibodies was inaccurate by the way.

I've noted your inaccuracies. You've been making many of them.

tmiddles wrote:
You are wrong to say "your body already had antibodies," in relation to a virus I have not had before because it does not.

No I'm not, as explained above.

tmiddles wrote:
Antibodies are specific to an antigen,

No they aren't.

tmiddles wrote:
there are not wild card, I'll flag em as I see em, antibodies.

Sure there are.
Edited on 16-03-2020 16:46
16-03-2020 16:32
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(424)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
My body has plenty of antibodies. They keep me from falling sick every five minutes....None of the Coronavirus is the Coronavirus any longer then. ....either the Spanish Flu is still around or there is no more Coronavirus. ....
You love to hide in word games.

Logic is not "hiding in word games".

tmiddles wrote:
Antibodies will protect you from specific antigens. You and I don't have antobodies to protect us from either the 1919 Spanish Flu or the 2019 coronavirus (unless we are infected now).

Already addressed.
16-03-2020 16:54
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2520)
gfm7175 wrote:
..., I'd be getting the flu all the time since I never got a flu shot,
you probably are and remain asymptomatic.

You continue to conflate "getting the flu" meaning having the virus infect you producing antobodies and having that infection be bad enough you have symptoms.

You keep saying I got antibodies wrong. How?

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Antibodies will protect you from specific antigens. You and I don't have antobodies to protect us from either the 1919 Spanish Flu or the 2019 coronavirus (unless we are infected now).

Already addressed.
yes I did just address it. You and IBD have not.
Edited on 16-03-2020 16:57
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate China:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Coronavirus & China024-03-2020 14:37
I dare Greta Thunberg to come to China or India2003-10-2019 18:02
I am in China. China is not corrupt like western countries.2002-06-2019 03:31
I am currently in China and no one cares about CO2 so why should028-05-2019 15:06
Is climate China's key to global domination?2904-05-2019 02:07
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact