Remember me
▼ Content

Fish stories

Fish stories19-10-2021 22:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I used to hear greatly exaggerated fish stories about various fish and sea monsters. They even made movies about some of them. It kind of reminds me of the exaggerations that go on around here.
19-10-2021 23:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
I used to hear greatly exaggerated fish stories about various fish and sea monsters. They even made movies about some of them. It kind of reminds me of the exaggerations that go on around here.

What "exaggerations...around here" are you talking about?

Your abysmal batting average is NOT an exaggeration btw. I'm sure that IBD would love to update your player card to provide us with some up-to-date stats.
Edited on 19-10-2021 23:26
19-10-2021 23:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)

gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote: It kind of reminds me of the exaggerations that go on around here.
I'm sure that IBD would love to update your player card to provide us with some up-to-date stats.

Unfortunately I cannot. His card ran out of room. He has said too many stupid things and committed too many errors to fit onto a graphic and remain readable.

Ergo, we have been relegated to wrapping the entire keepit package into C-clamp symbology. Maybe someday technological advances will afford us alternative avenues for grappling with these kinds of anomalies. Over the next few years I will explore applying machine learning (ML) to keepit's data stream and see if perhaps some of the available commercial data visualization tools can be useful in providing insights.

James__ is pursuing his Bassler wheel and I am pursuing the keepit function. The one who succeeds will be making a crapload of money, that's for sure.

Wish me luck ... and James__ too.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-10-2021 23:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
A pleasure, as usual.
20-10-2021 02:15
(14414)
keepit wrote:A pleasure, as usual.

It's what keeps you coming back.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-10-2021 03:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
Try to stick with reality.
20-10-2021 03:13
(14414)

keepit wrote: ibd, Try to stick with reality.

keepit, try to visit reality. You might like it and want to return.

20-10-2021 06:03
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Have you heard about the Delta Plus variant? The CDC is still in deny/dismiss, but the UK is a little more forthcoming. Delta Plus appears to be the first vaccine evasive variant. Which sort of explains why we are having so many fully vaccinated people dying from covid. Apparently the Delta Plus variant was of concern, back in August, hardly a peep out of the CDC, or Biden, except 'get vaccinated', knowing it no longer matters, with a known evasive variant.
20-10-2021 16:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote: It kind of reminds me of the exaggerations that go on around here.
I'm sure that IBD would love to update your player card to provide us with some up-to-date stats.

Unfortunately I cannot. His card ran out of room. He has said too many stupid things and committed too many errors to fit onto a graphic and remain readable.

Ergo, we have been relegated to wrapping the entire keepit package into C-clamp symbology. Maybe someday technological advances will afford us alternative avenues for grappling with these kinds of anomalies. Over the next few years I will explore applying machine learning (ML) to keepit's data stream and see if perhaps some of the available commercial data visualization tools can be useful in providing insights.

James__ is pursuing his Bassler wheel and I am pursuing the keepit function. The one who succeeds will be making a crapload of money, that's for sure.

Wish me luck ... and James__ too.

Damn... keepit is so stupid that he broke the player card system?! ... Oh well. The C-clamp symbology DOES, however, do a brilliant job of encapsulating keepit's blood-starved brain which thankfully still performs the keepit function.
20-10-2021 19:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Harvey,
I've heard of the new variant in england. There just isn't any good news. By the way, i don't think anyone should be forced to vaccinate.
Have you heard of lemmings. They follow each other around because they don't know any better.
Edited on 20-10-2021 19:05
20-10-2021 19:24
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I've heard of the new variant in england. There just isn't any good news. By the way, i don't think anyone should be forced to vaccinate.
Have you heard of lemmings. They follow each other around because they don't know any better.

I think more people who aren't vaccinated end up in the hospital or deceased. The sign of the lemmings. They simply don't think but react.
20-10-2021 19:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Have you heard about the Delta Plus variant? The CDC is still in deny/dismiss, but the UK is a little more forthcoming. Delta Plus appears to be the first vaccine evasive variant. Which sort of explains why we are having so many fully vaccinated people dying from covid. Apparently the Delta Plus variant was of concern, back in August, hardly a peep out of the CDC, or Biden, except 'get vaccinated', knowing it no longer matters, with a known evasive variant.

There is no such thing as a 'delta variant' or a 'delta plus variant'. These are buzzwords. You can't have a variant of a variant.

BTW...note how they want to mandate the SAME vaccine, even for the 'variant'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 20-10-2021 19:39
21-10-2021 04:03
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

There is no such thing as a 'delta variant' or a 'delta plus variant'. These are buzzwords. You can't have a variant of a variant.

BTW...note how they want to mandate the SAME vaccine, even for the 'variant'.

Was just fear mongering fishing. Everyone embellishes, takes a few liberties, when repeating a good tales...

And yes, I am shocked and amazed, that no adjustments have been made to the vaccines, least publicly known... The initial batch was based on sequencing of the covid that devastated Wuhan. That sequences came from the Chinese, and was from early variants. As the virus spreads, new, better adapted strains are the winners, and dominate the pandemic. The origional, would have been still better adapted to bats, rather than human transmission. You'd think the vaccines would be adapted to the most current, dominant strains.

Join the debate Fish stories:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Earth's fish are disappearing because of climate change, study says302-03-2019 18:54
climate change media stories made me so sick I never google climate change ever again320-02-2016 15:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact