Remember me
▼ Content

Energy and resource crisis in the future

Page 10 of 10<<<8910
27-08-2022 03:16
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Xadoman wrote:
Somebody is regurgitating what he has been told to believe by people who do his thinking for him. You are spewing that Marxist pessimism that leaves you inclined to just throw all your money away on crypto-scams.

How are your investments going? I heard dow went down -1000. How is inflation going? I have heard it is pretty bad. Diesel is up 2x, electricity is up 10x, food is up 2x and everything is rising quickly. What are you going to do about it? Invest more? Save more? You are gonna get wrecked my friend with your shareholdings. The collapse is near.

Bidenomics is killing my 401k, but only for a couple more years. It's a panic-investment scam. Democrats want to scare people into selling their falling investments (cheap), and invest what's left in 'green' energy crap, which is on the rise, do to government spending, which will expire as Joe leaves the White House.

In my 401k, I own the same number of shares. Only the value of those share has changed. They'll rebound quickly. I'll only miss a few years of distributions.

'Green' is doomed from the start. It's in the hip and trendy, proof of concept stage. Which means it quickly fails, son as the government funding fails. Battery storage is one of many failure points, and the biggest. All the proposed electric vehicles need batteries. Expensive, and already slow keeping up with demand. Many of the Obama rooftop solar people, are realizing they got screwed, and hanging battery packs on their walls, to hoard some of their solar production. Peak grid demand, their solar production is bought at non-peak price. Doesn't work as well, as advertised. Battery storage is cool for everyone, charge during off-peak hours, to avoid the much high priced peak rates. Same batteries needed for EVs... Huge demand, and not much can be done to increase supply to keep up. You want a battery quick, you pay a premium price. Realistically, those batteries will only last 5-10 years, depending on abuse/neglect. I expect some energy rationing (blackouts). The grid needs some serious upgrades. Wind and solar, will always leave us wanting.
27-08-2022 04:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Xadoman wrote:How are your investments going?

My children are doing very well.

My house and rental properties have spiked upward.

More liquid investments have dipped recently, but after spiking upwards substantially.

I don't live paycheck to paycheck, and I have all the material things I need.

Xadoman wrote:I heard dow went down -1000.

You should first ask me if my fortune is somehow tied to the DJIA.

Oh, the answer is "no."

Xadoman wrote:How is inflation going?

I haven't noticed. I don't live paycheck to paycheck.

Xadoman wrote: electricity is up 10x,

Where? ... not where I live.

Xadoman wrote:What are you going to do about it?

When I was young, I invested in real estate and mutual funds while living frugally. I did not piss my money away the moment I got it. My investments grew substantially over the decades, as did my paychecks.

Today, I don't check prices. I am rather insulated from economic downturns.

Xadoman wrote: Invest more? Save more? You are gonna get wrecked my friend with your shareholdings. The collapse is near.

I do not share your dire pessimism and I do not piss my money away, so I am not going to be hosed as you will be if things go to pot.

28-08-2022 22:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
Did you bother to look up Occam's Razor or is it pointless to discuss this topic with you?

I looked it up from wiki. As much as I understood the simplest solution was preferred or smth.

Have YOU ever observed the earth's emissivity changing or is it pointless to even attempt to discuss this with you?

I have. I saw a cloud forming.
A cloud is not emissivity. Redefinition fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 28-08-2022 22:43
28-08-2022 22:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Xadoman wrote:
Somebody is regurgitating what he has been told to believe by people who do his thinking for him. You are spewing that Marxist pessimism that leaves you inclined to just throw all your money away on crypto-scams.

How are your investments going? I heard dow went down -1000. How is inflation going? I have heard it is pretty bad. Diesel is up 2x, electricity is up 10x, food is up 2x and everything is rising quickly. What are you going to do about it? Invest more? Save more? You are gonna get wrecked my friend with your shareholdings. The collapse is near.

My investments are doing pretty well. I don't invest in the stock market.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 10 of 10<<<8910

Join the debate Energy and resource crisis in the future:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
THE FUTURE OF HYDROGEN POWER3109-08-2023 19:29
The 'crisis' that will 'steal' the 2024 election.215-05-2023 05:02
Climate Change: The Science of Global Warming and Our Energy Future, just $133.79419-02-2023 14:09
Climate Crisis!804-12-2022 07:10
Make Natural Resource Currency Great Again130-07-2022 22:43
Articles
Appendix C - China's Environmental Crisis
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact