Remember me
▼ Content

Definition of Climate Change



Page 2 of 3<123>
01-12-2019 15:38
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
IBdaMann wrote:

Without going through my whole Global Warming story, I too used to be ( decades ago) onboard with the Church of Global Warming ... until I decided I was going to program my own Climate model and rake all the "deniers" over the coals. I started asking for the science being used by the Climate Scientists so I could code it up. I was expecting the whole network to rush me that science and support my efforts. Instead the backs arched and the hissing started. I was instead treated like I had walked into a Catholic church service asking if I could perform a virgin sacrifice. Reality became very clear to me over those few weeks.

Ask me how I know that there are no Climate models.





What a believable story!

Tell me in detail how do you know there are no climate models?


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
01-12-2019 15:39
montellmartins0007
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
Hello everyone, i am new here and i love reading all the threads very informative.
01-12-2019 15:40
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
montellmartins0007 wrote:
Hello everyone, i am new here and i love reading all the threads very informative.


Lies!


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
01-12-2019 16:25
Third world guy
☆☆☆☆☆
(42)
montellmartins0007 wrote:
Hello everyone, i am new here and i love reading all the threads very informative.


Welcome to this forum!

Do you really think that these threads are informative?

You must be a Kafkaan psychologist, because 80% are personal aggressions and defenses, 10% are irrelevant topics for the purpose of this forum, and only the remaining 10% are valuable information (but cause for more aggressions).

I entered here to gain knowledge on the topic of climate change, and now it turns out that it doesn't even exist, and you don't even dare to ask why, because you may be attacked.

Welcome to this forum again, waiting for you to take advantage without gaining agressions.


There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
01-12-2019 20:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
spot wrote:What a believable story!

Quite the testament to your own enslavement. I never said that you could saved.

spot wrote:Tell me in detail how do you know there are no climate models?

Sure.

Climate is a religious construct of the Global Warming faith, just like the human soul is a relgious construct of the Christian faith.

There are no models of religious constructs.

Let me know if you need any further explanation.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-12-2019 21:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
Xadoman wrote:
No.


So do you want to say that the concept of solar sail is a myth?

I will consider it a myth until I see some science. For the moment, photons are not matter. I don't know that they could have any momentum.

Yes, I realize that photons have mass per Einstein's energy/mass equivalence, however I don't know if thermal radiation energy can have momentum.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-12-2019 22:07
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote:What a believable story!

Quite the testament to your own enslavement. I never said that you could saved.

spot wrote:Tell me in detail how do you know there are no climate models?

Sure.

Climate is a religious construct of the Global Warming faith, just like the human soul is a relgious construct of the Christian faith.

There are no models of religious constructs.

Let me know if you need any further explanation.


.


This is interesting

So back when you were a believer and approached climate scientists for all the science so you could put it into your home computer.

What computer was it?


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
01-12-2019 22:52
Xadoman
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
will consider it a myth until I see some science. For the moment, photons are not matter. I don't know that they could have any momentum.

Yes, I realize that photons have mass per Einstein's energy/mass equivalence, however I don't know if thermal radiation energy can have momentum.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure

The forces generated by radiation pressure are generally too small to be noticed under everyday circumstances; however, they are important in some physical processes. This particularly includes objects in outer space where it is usually the main force acting on objects besides gravity, and where the net effect of a tiny force may have a large cumulative effect over long periods of time. For example, had the effects of the sun's radiation pressure on the spacecraft of the Viking program been ignored, the spacecraft would have missed Mars' orbit by about 15,000 km (9,300 mi).[4]
02-12-2019 05:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
Xadoman wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure

Please don't reference Wikipedia. I summarily dismiss Wikipedia. It is a non-authoritative source that is awash in egregious errors. I used to be a Wikipedia contributer until it was taken over by activist Marxists who ensured it was infused with intentionally misleading and bogus crap.

If a case cannot be made without Wikipedia then you know it is wrong.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-12-2019 05:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
Xadoman wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure

Please don't reference Wikipedia. I summarily dismiss Wikipedia. It is a non-authoritative source that is awash in egregious errors. I used to be a Wikipedia contributer until it was taken over by activist Marxists who ensured it was infused with intentionally misleading and bogus crap.

If a case cannot be made without Wikipedia then you know it is wrong.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-12-2019 05:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
spot wrote:So back when you were a believer and approached climate scientists for all the science so you could put it into your home computer.

What computer was it?

A PC that I built. I ordered the parts, put them together, etc... The case had a neat blacklight that made it look really cool in a dark room. The monitor was smaller than I would have liked but it was on sale for a great price at the time.

It wasn't a Mac if that's what you're asking.

Anything else?


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-12-2019 08:04
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote:So back when you were a believer and approached climate scientists for all the science so you could put it into your home computer.

What computer was it?

A PC that I built. I ordered the parts, put them together, etc... The case had a neat blacklight that made it look really cool in a dark room. The monitor was smaller than I would have liked but it was on sale for a great price at the time.

It wasn't a Mac if that's what you're asking.

Anything else?

.
I built a pc too. What an achievement! But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science" surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
Edited on 02-12-2019 08:34
02-12-2019 11:23
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1585)
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote: I always thought how such little change in temperature could lead to so bad outcome and was not entirely convinced.
Is that perhaps because you have experienced day turn into night turn into day turn into night again?
The last ice age is estimated to have been about 7C cooler than today. The concern about climate change is not that you will personally freeze to death or be roasted alive. A few degrees does make a big difference. The Earth's temperature has changed over many millions of years of course but isn't it reasonable to worry about a rapid change?

IBdaMann wrote:
...if there are any such "global" changes that you aren't able to discern them yourself?...
Well a glacier being there and then not there any more is pretty discernible. But why such a low standard for scientific knowledge? Man on the street perceived or it doesn't exist? Hmmmm.
I can't myself see radiation or viruses but I trust the experts.
At a certain point you have to justify a conspiracy.

Money is sure an odd motive since big business is not a fan of climate change hysteria.

montellmartins0007 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Welcome to the board!

IBdaMann wrote:I summarily dismiss Wikipedia.
IBD dismisses a lot of things. (well ALL THINGS really)

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: IBD: What is your take on ITN's statement below? Agree? Disagree?
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is ever valid for them
Edited on 02-12-2019 11:24
02-12-2019 15:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
tmiddles wrote: The last ice age is estimated to have been about 7C cooler than today.

It is so estimated by someone who is very unscientifically speculating based on fabricated data.

tmiddles wrote: The concern about climate change is not that you will personally freeze to death or be roasted alive.

The concern about Climate Change is killing capitalism globally.

tmiddles wrote: A few degrees does make a big difference.

Nope. That was the conclusion from observing night turn into day. Many degreees of temperature change make no difference.

tmiddles wrote: The Earth's temperature has changed over many millions of years of course but isn't it reasonable to worry about a rapid change?

The earth probably has never had a rapid change in average global temperature, and it probably never will.


tmiddles wrote: Well a glacier being there and then not there any more is pretty discernible.

Which glacier that was over the entire globe are you saying isn't there now?

tmiddles wrote: But why such a low standard for scientific knowledge?

I was just about to ask you the same thing. It doesn't seem to matter how WACKY the speculation, you are lightning fast to claim that it is "What we know."

tmiddles wrote:I can't myself see radiation or viruses but I trust the experts.

The problem is that you consider anyone who is lying to you to be an "expert" and you have nothing but contempt for those who try to tell you the truth. It should be no wonder that you are F'ed.

tmiddles wrote: IBD dismisses a lot of things. (well ALL THINGS really)

... and this is today's bogus position which you are assigning to me.


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-12-2019 17:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
spot wrote: But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Why would someone as brilliant as yourself be under the mistaken impression that anything above a laptop would be required?

spot wrote: Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science"

Let me throw that question back at you. If you were to desire to turn the current best "Climate" model into a computer program, how would YOU go about getting that model?

spot wrote: surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.

Incorrect. It was the hissing. I think you know exactly why.

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-12-2019 18:05
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Why would someone as brilliant as yourself be under the mistaken impression that anything above a laptop would be required?

spot wrote: Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science"

Let me throw that question back at you. If you were to desire to turn the current best "Climate" model into a computer program, how would YOU go about getting that model?

spot wrote: surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.

Incorrect. It was the hissing. I think you know exactly why.

.


Why a computer at all why not the back of an envelope and a pencil?

You figured out that all the scientists were wrong it's a pretty extraordinary thing to do I though you would be happy to share more details

I've never single handedly proven a branch of science wrong I will be honest with you I have no idea you would start.

I'm not that smart.

These Climate scientists, did they have names?


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
02-12-2019 19:52
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
....your opinion?

...Why do you think this?
DODGE

This website is called CLIMATE-DEBATE.COM, "Discuss Climate Change", yet ITN/IBD routinely pretend that no one knows what those words mean. That the very title of this website is undefined nonsense.


Define 'climate change.


The Parrot Killer
02-12-2019 20:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
spot wrote: Why a computer at all why not the back of an envelope and a pencil?

One most certainly could use an envelope or a napkin on which to scribble out a model, but a computer is pretty much a requirement to run a computer program. Let me know if this is getting over your head.

spot wrote: You figured out that all the scientists were wrong it's a pretty extraordinary thing to do I though you would be happy to share more details

Who said anything about "all the scientists"?

spot wrote: I've never single handedly proven a branch of science wrong I will be honest with you I have no idea you would start.

Not what I asked. I'll just presume you cannot read.

spot wrote:I'm not that smart.

I'll let you in on a little secret. This isn't news.

spot wrote: These Climate scientists, did they have names?

They did. Yes. They probably still do.

I'm getting the impression that you are still being utterly fooled by the word "Scientist" in the term. Do you think Christian Science is a science?


.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-12-2019 22:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Without going through my whole Global Warming story, I too used to be ( decades ago) onboard with the Church of Global Warming ... until I decided I was going to program my own Climate model and rake all the "deniers" over the coals. I started asking for the science being used by the Climate Scientists so I could code it up. I was expecting the whole network to rush me that science and support my efforts. Instead the backs arched and the hissing started. I was instead treated like I had walked into a Catholic church service asking if I could perform a virgin sacrifice. Reality became very clear to me over those few weeks.

Ask me how I know that there are no Climate models.

Nothing to model.



What a believable story!

Tell me in detail how do you know there are no climate models?



The Parrot Killer
02-12-2019 22:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote:So back when you were a believer and approached climate scientists for all the science so you could put it into your home computer.

What computer was it?

A PC that I built. I ordered the parts, put them together, etc... The case had a neat blacklight that made it look really cool in a dark room. The monitor was smaller than I would have liked but it was on sale for a great price at the time.

It wasn't a Mac if that's what you're asking.

Anything else?

.
I built a pc too. What an achievement! But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science" surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.

Science is not computer code. You can't convert science to computer code. You can't convert computer code to science.


The Parrot Killer
02-12-2019 22:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Xadoman wrote: I always thought how such little change in temperature could lead to so bad outcome and was not entirely convinced.
Is that perhaps because you have experienced day turn into night turn into day turn into night again?
The last ice age is estimated to have been about 7C cooler than today.

Argument from randU fallacy. You are using made up numbers again.
You don't know the temperature of the Earth then, or even now. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
tmiddles wrote:
The concern about climate change is not that you will personally freeze to death or be roasted alive.

Define 'climate change'.
tmiddles wrote:
A few degrees does make a big difference.

Really? If I set my oven to 403 deg F instead of 400 deg F, will my pizza cook significantly faster?
tmiddles wrote:
The Earth's temperature has changed over many millions of years of course but isn't it reasonable to worry about a rapid change?

How do you know? Define 'rapid change'. Why would it occur?
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
...if there are any such "global" changes that you aren't able to discern them yourself?...
Well a glacier being there and then not there any more is pretty discernible.

What glacier covers the whole Earth?
tmiddles wrote:
But why such a low standard for scientific knowledge?

Science isn't knowledge, and you aren't using science. You deny it.
tmiddles wrote:
I can't myself see radiation or viruses but I trust the experts.

Define 'expert'.
tmiddles wrote:
At a certain point you have to justify a conspiracy.

Define 'conspiracy'.
tmiddles wrote:
Money is sure an odd motive since big business is not a fan of climate change hysteria.

What makes you think businesses are the only ones with money?
tmiddles wrote:
montellmartins0007 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Welcome to the board!

IBdaMann wrote:I summarily dismiss Wikipedia.
IBD dismisses a lot of things. (well ALL THINGS really)

Compositional error fallacy. Bulverism fallacy.


The Parrot Killer
02-12-2019 23:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Why would someone as brilliant as yourself be under the mistaken impression that anything above a laptop would be required?

Ah. You should've used a Raspberry Pi or an Arduino. Those are of European design. All liberals believe Europe is better!

IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science"

Let me throw that question back at you. If you were to desire to turn the current best "Climate" model into a computer program, how would YOU go about getting that model?

And this brings up an interesting point:
How would you build a model at all on something that has no quantifiable value, and that doesn't change?


The Parrot Killer
03-12-2019 00:17
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Why would someone as brilliant as yourself be under the mistaken impression that anything above a laptop would be required?

spot wrote: Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science"

Let me throw that question back at you. If you were to desire to turn the current best "Climate" model into a computer program, how would YOU go about getting that model?

spot wrote: surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.

Incorrect. It was the hissing. I think you know exactly why.

.

Tyndall and Fourier didn't need computers and state of the art climate modelling is done on supercomputers. So I'm curious as to what exactly you thought you were going to achieve with your bespoke program with "all the science" (your words not mine, it sounds like something a six year old would say) on your glorious glowing computer.

How did you go about contacting these "climate scientists" email or letters or just showed up at their house.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
03-12-2019 00:18
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote:So back when you were a believer and approached climate scientists for all the science so you could put it into your home computer.

What computer was it?

A PC that I built. I ordered the parts, put them together, etc... The case had a neat blacklight that made it look really cool in a dark room. The monitor was smaller than I would have liked but it was on sale for a great price at the time.

It wasn't a Mac if that's what you're asking.

Anything else?

.
I built a pc too. What an achievement! But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science" surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.

Science is not computer code. You can't convert science to computer code. You can't convert computer code to science.


Take it up with your mate, mate.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
03-12-2019 11:20
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1585)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: The last ice age is estimated to have been about 7C cooler than today.

It is so estimated by someone who is very unscientifically speculating based on fabricated data.
How much colder would you say it was? Do we have no idea at all? -100C? 1C?

IBdaMann wrote:
The concern about Climate Change is killing capitalism globally.
Yet you claim that the powers that be conspire to bring this about? The death of capitalism is what the powerbrokers of the world seek?

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: A few degrees does make a big difference.

Nope. That was the conclusion from observing night turn into day. Many degreees of temperature change make no difference.

So the latitude where it remains too cold year round for ice to melt won't change with a few degrees huh? Wouldn't a change in extremes matter? Melting, freezing.

IBdaMann wrote:...you have nothing but contempt for those who try to tell you the truth.
Oh like you and ITN? If you make a point that contradicts every textbook on physics be prepared to explain yourself or be considered a clown. 12 references that show ITN/IBD are full of it

IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science"

Let me throw that question back at you. If you were to desire to turn the current best "Climate" model into a computer program, how would YOU go about getting that model?
Hey IBD, can you model the temperature of Denver? If not it's cool, weather report will be on tonight. Guess what! They know this summer will be warmer than right now (I think they have warmazombie psychics or something).

Into the Night wrote:
Define 'climate change.
You can't even define temperature.

IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: Why a computer at all why not the back of an envelope and a pencil?

One most certainly could use an envelope or a napkin on which to scribble out a model, but a computer is pretty much a requirement to run a computer program. Let me know if this is getting over your head.
.
Here's what's sad. IBD gave up (there may have been crying). He couldn't model planetary temperature, and the guy on the street who teaches him in the oral tradition of bookless physics couldn't help him either. So he has no model, no theory and no clue why the temperature of planets is what it is. It is UNKNOWABLE. Oh wait, he'll say it's ONLY the Stefan-Boltzmann equation, nothing else, but Venus contradicts this model without adding some other factor (warmazombie magic!).

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is ever valid for them
03-12-2019 18:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote:So back when you were a believer and approached climate scientists for all the science so you could put it into your home computer.

What computer was it?

A PC that I built. I ordered the parts, put them together, etc... The case had a neat blacklight that made it look really cool in a dark room. The monitor was smaller than I would have liked but it was on sale for a great price at the time.

It wasn't a Mac if that's what you're asking.

Anything else?

.
I built a pc too. What an achievement! But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science" surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.

Science is not computer code. You can't convert science to computer code. You can't convert computer code to science.


Take it up with your mate, mate.


YOU made the statement. I am taking it up with YOU.


The Parrot Killer
03-12-2019 18:35
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote:So back when you were a believer and approached climate scientists for all the science so you could put it into your home computer.

What computer was it?

A PC that I built. I ordered the parts, put them together, etc... The case had a neat blacklight that made it look really cool in a dark room. The monitor was smaller than I would have liked but it was on sale for a great price at the time.

It wasn't a Mac if that's what you're asking.

Anything else?

.
I built a pc too. What an achievement! But if you were going to code all the science I thought you would use a supercomputer like the idiots that you are so much smarter then.

Anyway how did you go about approaching climate scientists for "all the Science" surely they told you to enrole on a course or directed you to some introductory texts not hiss at you.

Science is not computer code. You can't convert science to computer code. You can't convert computer code to science.


Take it up with your mate, mate.


YOU made the statement. I am taking it up with YOU.


Ok


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
04-12-2019 08:29
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
No update on how ibdaman put "all the science" into his computer. I thought he would be keen to share the details.
04-12-2019 16:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
spot wrote: No update on how ibdaman put "all the science" into his computer. I thought he would be keen to share the details.

No update on how spot believes there exists a science model for the global climate.

No update on the definition of a global climate to which spot believes science applies.

No update on how spot believes that "greenhouse effect" can be explained without violating physics and yet resulting in the increase in the planet's average temperature.




.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-12-2019 17:20
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1585)
spot wrote:
No update on how ibdaman put "all the science" into his computer. I thought he would be keen to share the details.
Gotta remember Spot that IBD has never put anything on the table. It's like those funny old guys from the muppet show. Audience member only.


Criticizing a position without taking one, though pathetic, is effective. You can pretend you're never wrong if you never actually say anything is right.
Edited on 04-12-2019 17:31
04-12-2019 18:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
tmiddles wrote:
spot wrote:
No update on how ibdaman put "all the science" into his computer. I thought he would be keen to share the details.
Gotta remember Spot that IBD has never put anything on the table. It's like those funny old guys from the muppet show. Audience member only.

Criticizing a position without taking one, though pathetic, is effective. You can pretend you're never wrong if you never actually say anything is right.

YALIFNAP


The Parrot Killer
04-12-2019 20:02
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
For those that can't remember Saturday IBdaman posted this in reply to a post by Xadoman. It was nothing to do with anything that came previously but It was an incredible tale;

Without going through my whole Global Warming story, I too used to be ( decades ago) onboard with the Church of Global Warming ... until I decided I was going to program my own Climate model and rake all the "deniers" over the coals. I started asking for the science being used by the Climate Scientists so I could code it up. I was expecting the whole network to rush me that science and support my efforts. Instead the backs arched and the hissing started. I was instead treated like I had walked into a Catholic church service asking if I could perform a virgin sacrifice. Reality became very clear to me over those few weeks.


Ask me how I know that there are no Climate models.


Now what struck me as interesting is that he said he once had a different position to the one he has now and he wanted to help by asking climate scientists to give him science so he could put it on his computer that he built himself with glowing bits. IBdaMann made the claim about putting science on a computer so why now he wants to know how I would do this is puzzling. Nor does he offer any details on how he was to code it up would he use basic, python C++ Fortran or some other method. But he wanted to do this.

Anyway the so called climate scientists would not give him science
Infact they hissed at him like some weird cat human hybrid , I don't know if we are to take that literally but with IBdaMann who can say. More likely if there is any truth to this story he was banned from some forum with better moderation then this one. but that was his "road to Damascus" experience before that he was just a poor fool like us.

Also he invited questions, seems strange that he is reluctant to answer and is posting unfunny unrelated Trump memes instead.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
Edited on 04-12-2019 20:07
04-12-2019 21:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10253)
spot wrote:
For those that can't remember Saturday IBdaman posted this in reply to a post by Xadoman. It was nothing to do with anything that came previously but It was an incredible tale;

Without going through my whole Global Warming story, I too used to be ( decades ago) onboard with the Church of Global Warming ... until I decided I was going to program my own Climate model and rake all the "deniers" over the coals. I started asking for the science being used by the Climate Scientists so I could code it up. I was expecting the whole network to rush me that science and support my efforts. Instead the backs arched and the hissing started. I was instead treated like I had walked into a Catholic church service asking if I could perform a virgin sacrifice. Reality became very clear to me over those few weeks.


Ask me how I know that there are no Climate models.


Now what struck me as interesting is that he said he once had a different position to the one he has now and he wanted to help by asking climate scientists to give him science so he could put it on his computer that he built himself with glowing bits. IBdaMann made the claim about putting science on a computer so why now he wants to know how I would do this is puzzling. Nor does he offer any details on how he was to code it up would he use basic, python C++ Fortran or some other method. But he wanted to do this.

Anyway the so called climate scientists would not give him science
Infact they hissed at him like some weird cat human hybrid , I don't know if we are to take that literally but with IBdaMann who can say. More likely if there is any truth to this story he was banned from some forum with better moderation then this one. but that was his "road to Damascus" experience before that he was just a poor fool like us.

Also he invited questions, seems strange that he is reluctant to answer and is posting unfunny unrelated Trump memes instead.


Answer what? Why is this important to you?


The Parrot Killer
04-12-2019 21:51
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
For those that can't remember Saturday IBdaman posted this in reply to a post by Xadoman. It was nothing to do with anything that came previously but It was an incredible tale;

Without going through my whole Global Warming story, I too used to be ( decades ago) onboard with the Church of Global Warming ... until I decided I was going to program my own Climate model and rake all the "deniers" over the coals. I started asking for the science being used by the Climate Scientists so I could code it up. I was expecting the whole network to rush me that science and support my efforts. Instead the backs arched and the hissing started. I was instead treated like I had walked into a Catholic church service asking if I could perform a virgin sacrifice. Reality became very clear to me over those few weeks.


Ask me how I know that there are no Climate models.


Now what struck me as interesting is that he said he once had a different position to the one he has now and he wanted to help by asking climate scientists to give him science so he could put it on his computer that he built himself with glowing bits. IBdaMann made the claim about putting science on a computer so why now he wants to know how I would do this is puzzling. Nor does he offer any details on how he was to code it up would he use basic, python C++ Fortran or some other method. But he wanted to do this.

Anyway the so called climate scientists would not give him science
Infact they hissed at him like some weird cat human hybrid , I don't know if we are to take that literally but with IBdaMann who can say. More likely if there is any truth to this story he was banned from some forum with better moderation then this one. but that was his "road to Damascus" experience before that he was just a poor fool like us.

Also he invited questions, seems strange that he is reluctant to answer and is posting unfunny unrelated Trump memes instead.


Answer what? Why is this important to you?


Did you collaborate with him?

I want to know how he was going to put the science on his computer, what science was he going to get from the so called climate scientists that he could not get from a book. Did he actually get hissed at and are climate scientists some cat-human hybrid.

As to why its important; He claims to be able if he has science to be able put it on a computer. This knowledge should be shared for the good of mankind.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
04-12-2019 22:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5225)
spot wrote: [IBDaMann] is posting unfunny unrelated Trump memes instead.





Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
05-12-2019 00:37
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
This whole story, never happened did it.
05-12-2019 00:37
spot
★★★★☆
(1227)
This whole story, never happened did it.
05-12-2019 05:26
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1585)
spot wrote:
Saturday IBdaman posted ...Ask me how I know that there are no Climate models.
Yeah it's pretty funny seeing IBD pretend that there is a specific area in which he thinks nothing is knowable.

We've already established that ITN/IBD consider the temperature of Denver to be UNKNOWABLE.

I wasted a bunch of time asking, sincerely, they provide an example of something, ANYTHING with a the "valid data set" they claim to believe in before realizing that it was all a joke.

But now we have IBD really spinning a yarn and you caught him spot. He supposedly contacted people, supposedly can give an example of things he successfully modeled on his computer (obviously he wasn't going to confidently do something he'd never done before)
Edited on 05-12-2019 05:27
05-12-2019 05:36
James___
★★★★☆
(1849)
tmiddles wrote:
spot wrote:
Saturday IBdaman posted ...Ask me how I know that there are no Climate models.
Yeah it's pretty funny seeing IBD pretend that there is a specific area in which he thinks nothing is knowable.

We've already established that ITN/IBD consider the temperature of Denver to be UNKNOWABLE.

I wasted a bunch of time asking, sincerely, they provide an example of something, ANYTHING with a the "valid data set" they claim to believe in before realizing that it was all a joke.

But now we have IBD really spinning a yarn and you caught him spot. He supposedly contacted people, supposedly can give an example of things he successfully modeled on his computer (obviously he wasn't going to confidently do something he'd never done before)



And yet you told me that you would miss them if they didn't post. And now you are attacking them. Why would you miss people that you attack?
05-12-2019 06:11
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★☆
(1585)
James___ wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...we have IBD really spinning a yarn ...

And yet you told me that you would miss them if they didn't post. And now you are attacking them. Why would you miss people that you attack?

Ha ha, noooooo I would not miss them. I think Spot said that.

While it's been very educational understanding how real crazy factors into this debate socially it does nothing for my learning more about the science.

So many great posters with so much to offer have left this board, sick of wading through Troll crap from ITN/IBD. Even Verner most recently left due to them.

They are very good at destroying debate. I wouldn't miss that at all.
Page 2 of 3<123>





Join the debate Definition of Climate Change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Working definition of climate change6007-12-2019 20:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact